PaperPort

Professional online document & file management

Briana G.

Amazing and wonderful product

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

What I liked most about this product is that it was super efficient. It saved me a lot of time. At my job we would create report and we needed to suppress the pdfs into one document and paperport was the perfect software to use for that. We also liked how you could type on the pdf or even highlight just by using paperport.

Cons

The only thing I would have to say is that sometimes the software would just close. Everything is automatically saved so it wasn't a big issue but if you were rushing it was a bit irritating.

George D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great Little Archive System

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

Love it. It's an effective, inexpensive solution for anyone trying to reduce the amount of paper in their lives.

Pros

I love the ability to rid my life of reams and reams of paper and file cabinets. PaperPort is indispensable to my accounting practice..

Cons

It has not been updated for a number of years and I suspect they could add a lot of additional functionality to the software.

Marie P.

Best way to Manage4 all of your documents!

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Pros

Simple to set up and use!
I use this software daily and highly recommend this product for any office administrator. Training on software is simple and easy for entry level employees to learn!

Cons

No complaints! Been using the product for years!

Travis P.

A good tool for managing paper documents.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

This program allows you to scan documents to your computer, separate or combine them, then export to your desktop.

Pros

What I like most about Paperport is that when you scan documents to your computer, it allows you to stack them together, or separate them into separate files if you so choose.

Cons

What I like least about this software is minimal in comparison to its benefits. However, sometimes there are a few annoyances. For instance when I am scanning a multi-page file there is a status bar that shows something like "Scanning Page 3 of 18" and as each new page scans the status bar updates and takes you to the paperport program. I'd like to hit "scan" and then do something else until the scan is finalized instead of having to watch it until finished.

Renee C.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Been using this for scanning for the last few years, very few issues

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Multifunction scanning software with lots of options included

Pros

I like its wide range of options and functionality. You can choose where to scan files, set up different scan profiles, choose output options, etc. It's been my go-to scanning software for the last three years.

Cons

Recently, I have had an issue with multipage output, since the last update or two, and, despite following the faq for driver compatibility, etc., I haven't been able to resolve it. As a result, I sometimes get multipage documents that will only scan and save one page at a time, which is problematic.

• Industry: Hospitality

Using to Take Office Paperless

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

- Like the ability to drag and drop PDF from email into the program
-Ability to stack and un-stack PDF files is amazing
-Large work space free of clutter within the program

Cons

-Hard to get a Xerox scanner pointed to the right folder for scanning within the app
-Document rendering is slow for larger files even in black and white

• Industry: Wholesale

Good document management and editing software

Reviewed on 2016/04/27

Paperport is a great tool for editing documents and managing your folder structure. We use this on all of our lab machines, managing document hierarchy and editing them to our liking. This program allows us to go above and beyond what Adobe products do and has increased our laboratory efficiency greatly.

Pros

Powerful document editing and management tools.

Cons

Learning curve if switching over from Adobe products.

Joel S.

all paperwork right at my fingertips... without the paper

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Pros

I use it for scanning everything that is relevant. Bills, letters, legal and fincancial
I put things in folders that make sense.
They are easy to move from one folder to the next
You can print right to a program into This program and chosen file.
When I need something, like a tax time... everything is already organized.

Cons

Not much bad to say. After the set up, everything runs well.

One of those tools to keep around

Reviewed on 2020/06/28

Works seamlessly on any PC, great app integrations, PDF management is a breeze.

Pros

printing, signing, & scanning continues to be the bane of business efficiency.

PaperPort makes that almost painless. One of those rare tools that always gets installed on my laptop -- favorite feature is probably the ease with which we can stack and unstack PDFs, delete pages, etc.

Cons

better OCR is probably the only real issue, or perhaps command-line / API bulk mode for same

the ability to alternatively make command-line call to extract and stack pages would also be great.

Rob J.

Its great!

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

The thing I love most about this software is the flexibility and the features it has! Why pay so much for "the competitor" when you get so much here.

Cons

I've had a few times where the software would lock up but that happens occasionally with any software.

Freddie B.

Positive.

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

Pros

Easy to organize PDFs and Jpegs. Easy to switch between PDF and jpeg. Easy to make quick edits to a jpeg. Scanning software and OCR is built in. With the OCR easy to lift a paragraph from a jpeg, or a PDF by converting to a jpeg. Not expensive.

Cons

I don't like the PDF viewer. Adobe is much better. I mainly use it on a windows 7 computer and it freezes more than I would like.

Joseph L.

Daily scanning

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Overall its been great for us for daily use of scanning documents.

Pros

Integrates well with our billing and documentation software. Ease of use with and allow you to organize well.

Cons

It sometimes slows down my laptop. It is not user friendly. It needs updating for faster scanning. It scans slow.

Bethany J.

Impressive for the money

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

Pros

I would say that the thing I like most about this software is just being able to edit pdfs. It may sounds simple but that is a big plus for me.

Cons

I would say that the thing I like least about this software is that I sometimes have connectivity issues with it. Not all the time but some times.

• Industry: Accounting

Paperless office

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

Pros

It was a pretty seamless process. We were going for a paperless office and wanted to go strictly digital.

Cons

I don't have anything really bad to say.

Bill F.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Paperport does not live up to expectations

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

As a tax accountant, I manage alot of documents and I wanted a software program to help me scan, file, and save documents. It worked for a couple of months, but now it gets hung up most every time.

Pros

PaperPort is designed to help you manage files, primarily documents. I like the image preview, the PDF file viewer, and the ability to customize your list of directories.

Cons

I installed the program twice. The first time, PaperPort would not confirm the serial number, so I had to click a button each time the program started. I contacted technical support a few times, and realized that it was just an annoyance. I was also having a problem with non-responsiveness. PaperPort would get hung up after clicking on a third sub-directory. I reinstalled, and that resolved the serial number problem, but the program getting hung up is even worse. It gets stuck previewing the original directory and will not update. It's practically useless now.

Denise M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

I Like being able to take apart documents

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Over all experience is good, I love working with this program and highly recommend this to anyone who has to separate documents and put them in a different order.

Pros

This product is wonderful when getting a document and being able to separate the document by each piece of paper. I am able to get faxes and separate them and stack them back into an order to which I need.

Cons

I dont like how this program can take a lot of recourse out of my computer. Depending on the document it can almost shut my computer down.

SCAN AND STORE

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Scanning documents to paperport allows managers to eliminate paper documents which cause unnecessary clutter. Easy software to use.

Pros

Ease of use.
Scan your document and store in paperport.
Numerous features including the ability to stack documents, email documents, edit, etc...

Cons

I love this software . It allows for ease of record retention .

Michael D.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best scanning software I've ever used

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

Pros

PaperPort Pro is a must-have. I use it each and every day. It has saved me countless hours scanning and uploading documents.

Cons

A super small "con" for such an awesome program, but we had a little trouble installing the program on some of our older laptops.

John E.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great fax management and document tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

We have had a good experience with Paperport on multiple office computers. It handles all of our printing and fax jobs.

Pros

This product works with our Brother multifunction printer, scanner, fax machine and is used for all of our fax and print needs on our main front office computer. It works well and helps us manage all of the essential office functions with regards to printing and faxing.

Cons

Sometimes this product gets "hung up" for a little bit, but then it works fine.

Nicole G.

Easy to use and very useful especially if you don't have Adobe.

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Able to assemble and take apart documents. Scanning large documents.

Pros

Very useful if you do a lot of document scanning and assembly. If your scan gets stuck you can make options to pick up where it left off. Easy to delete pages you don't need or separate pages out if needed.

Cons

Can be hard to set up sometime have issues getting it connected or installed correctly. Sometimes hard to set up the folders needed. Not super intuitive in the setup process.

Massimo G.
  • Industry: Machinery

Good softare to manage documents

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Good software to manage electronic documents, we like very much the italian translation

Pros

Even if you are not a nerd you can use this product
Italian translation

Cons

Overall very good, nothing in particular

Gregory K.

Best Way to Handle Paperwork

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

I eliminated the need for a fax machine and a copier many years ago.

Pros

The ability to change any kind of document into another, the ease of organization, the ability to write on top of pdf's.

Cons

No newer version for over 5 years. The Windows 10 version doesn't size out correctly.

Matt G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Makes my day run more smoothly and efficiently

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Helps me to be better organized!

Pros

It is very easy to use, helps to keep our business organized, easy to use interface, ability to split desktop.

Cons

I wish that it had a longer history for undo options and an easy way to look back at your hiostory (what you scanned, when, where it was moved, etc.)

Don T.

Paperport 14 not as easy to modify documents as 10 Pro, Opens doc thru laborious pdf viewer no...

Reviewed on 2018/02/17

Cons

No erase/bulk delete features as was used on PaperPort 10 Pro. Can't copy/paste on same doc or toggle adjacent docs as before. There is no "PaperPort documents, all has been changed to a pdf viewer which takes forever to open compared to the 10Pro format. Wish I had seen a trial use option I see below was available.
The reason I updated was the Pro 10 no longer worked constantly with "Windows 10" OS, which I was forced to convert to due to my accounting and tax programs compatibility issues.
I haven't found a way to highlight (found the icon but can't get execution or color preferences)
Previous versions had ways to manipulate document contents that this version doesn't. ie remove or rearrange sentences or paragraphs to suite your needs. This version doesn't as far as I have been able to discover.

Great way to combine, edit, and store PDFs

Reviewed on 2017/11/04

Easily combine PDF files and provides one convenient storage location.

Pros

Very easy to import and scan documents. Fairly easy to combine PDFs and change their page ordering. Overall, one of the easiest PDF programs I've used.

Cons

Somewhat cumbersome to organize files and to move files from one to another. Once you create a file name to store documents, moving them can sometimes be a chore.