MindManager Reviews

MindManager

Information mapping and idea visualization tool

4.7/5 (48 reviews)
Tegid G.

Kanban and Mind Manager

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

As a task manager it is awesome and also helps in ideation sessions.

Pros

The functionality is incredible. If I have an idea, it has a function or feature to help me realize that idea.
From kanban boards to integrating with Kira (through a third party integration tool).

Cons

It feels a little dated and you can't scroll using the work space this means having to use the scroll bar constantly. Using the mouse wheel to zoom would also be useful.

Ganjar W.

Jumbled ideas? No need to worry anymore!

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Mindmanager is essential for me. It helps me to explore ideas before writing it as scientific journals or before preparing the idea for a classroom seminar.

Pros

Have you ever felt that you have lots of great ideas but they are too tangled? That instead of feeling excitement on delivering these ideas, you are feeling overwhelmed instead? Well, fear no more! Mindmanager is there for you to help with this issue!

Mindmanager allows users to create a mind map of an idea. It is very easy to use and has a simple, smooth user interface which allows users to straight away delve into the business: creating pathways to explore and express their ideas.

Mindmanager allows users to add icons or change colours to boxes, making it easier for users to highlight certain parts of ideas. It also allows drag-and-drop to organise ideas collected through brainstorming sessions.You can also tag ideas and present them collectively in tag view. The best part is that you can convert your mind map into presentation slides, making it easier for you to communicate your ideas to wider audience.

Cons

Mindmanager is a commercial application, which requires users to pay. You can use the free, 30-days trial version to test whether the application suits your need before paying the price of the application.

Mark S.

Long time user - I like it a lot. It's fairly robust. They force you to pay for upgrades.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

It's helped me organize, brainstorm and present in my business for many years. It's solid and dependable.

Pros

It gets used a lot! It's very intuitive and seems to not have wasted features you wouldn't use. It's quick and not bogged down at all. The maps look really sharp and professional so can be used on screen shares and look like a champ.

Cons

Price and forced upgrade expenses if you want them. It's understandable to have paid upgrades every now and then.
MindJet has always NOT had their client base truly in mind. Even back with their mobile app ... they were charging a monthly price for that when all we needed was to access our maps and be able to make minor adjustments.
This company puts out a good product, but their view of your client base does not show that they have our best interest in mind, but rather siphon out all the cash they can get. Not a long term customer centric leadership in my experience.

5.0/10
Mike P.

Power User

Reviewed on 2017/02/25

I have used just about every version of MindManager since 2002. I have been a beta tester and a MindManager trainer. The latest version of the software is excellent with a large number of advanced features including HTML 5 export which allows maps to be opened in all web browsers without having the Mindjet application. Maps are navigable and in the same resolution as original. Other new features include a timeline map type and integration with many other apps through Zappier. Mindmanager is just one of many mind mapping applications and positions itself firmly in the business market with tight integration with MS Office and other business tools such as Sharepoint. It's market positioning makes it one of the more expensive Mind Mapping tools on the market but its rich feature set and ease of use makes up for the premium pricing. Similar levelMindMapping packages are iMindMap which is unique in its rich formatting capability that most closely follows Tony Buzzan's original Mind Mapping concepts and Mind Genius with a unique project focus.

Pros

Ease of use and high resolution of text, excellent integration with MS Office apps, Zappier integration possibilities, built in browser pane for fast context based research

Cons

Some advanced features are hard to find in menu structure if you are unfamiliar

Wojciech K.

I use Mindjet MindManager to manage information in visual way, ready to share in many other formats.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

time saver, great ToDo dashboard supporter, excellent visual management supporter during meetings

Pros

What I love in MindManager is: contextual information management (tags, group of tags, icons, attachments, links, notes). In controlling area, great is calculation option - easy way to write functions. There is great integration w/ MS Office (Outlook, Excel). Excellent views of 1 document: Gantt chart, Schedule, Outline, Map, Priorities. Interesting thing is to use conditional formatting to present important topics with specific data.

Cons

I hope to see more options in reporting area - to export map as more specific document, to share information with others.

Miquiel B.

Great Project Mgmt and Visual Organization Tool

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Dashboard and organizing everything visually to make me 35% more efficient on my job.

Pros

- Mind Mapping
- Brainstorming
- Dashboard Design
- Attachments
- Import/Export to MS Office
- Often called the "unknown" part of MS Office
- ability to map out sharepoint site as a mind map
- ability to connect to sharepoint site
- ease of use to organize ANYTHING

Cons

- new features are only on windows
- company is windows-centric and not concerned with mac or linux
- mac support is 2 or 3 versions behind
- linux support is non-existent
- online integration with task app is powerful, but not explained or shown enough

Long time and regular user

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Compelling collaboration tool; powerful think-things-through tool.

Pros

It's easy to use, with largely intuitive keystrokes, and offers a pretty wide range of situations it can work in. It's also got decent readers and translators to get it out to people who don't have the software. A lot of folks I've worked with have done the 30-day trial to allow us to collaborate, and that's been pretty successful. The company also has a robust user-supplied collection of templates and guides for using it for specialized things (like ad-campaign planning, project planning, org charts, etc.) It's a powerful visual communication tool that really shines when projecting notes or idea-development progress in front of a collaborative group.

Cons

They have been promising the addition of flow-charting for a couple of years; it's still promised and it's something I would use just about every day if/when it's available.

Peter M.

Simply the best mind mapping tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I've been using Ming Manager for more then 10 years. I even convinced my former employer (bank) to use Mind Manager throughout the corporation. Many people liked it and use it in their daily work. I even used it for my personal task management. It's great to see all your agenda on 1 page :)

Pros

I like user-friendliness of MindManager. I've tried many mind mapping tools, both online and offline and I find MM simply the best. It is visually perfect, very intuitive and offers all features you might need.
There are many template and add ons for MM, e.g. we used it for project planning (task management, brainstorming, project planning, work breakdown structure, etc.).

Cons

Maybe only the price compared to many free tools, but considering you use it for work, I think it's worth to buy it. If your car deserves some added feature, why not your daily work?

It's a tool that I use very much in my daily work

Reviewed on 2018/06/10

Pros

Creator of mental maps. Mindmanager is an excellent project manager, with which you can have all your ideas perfectly organized through mental maps. This program allows inserting information, exercising a species of brainstorms, in which you can explore resources and alternatives, manage all the information
and organize them in maps to review your objectives in a visual way. It has an infinity of templates that we can adapt to be used by Social Workers. It really is a tool that I use very much in my daily work. with the management until the daily tasks. I recommend it.

Cons

I have not found something negative to this tool, I love it, I use it daily for all my tasks, with it I have managed to organize all my work.

Torgrim S.

The best knowledge manager and planner out there

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

MindManager is my preferred tool for tackling the day, and it's the first program I start each day, and the last I close before bedtime.

Pros

The ease and speed of entering and visualising my information. And the ease and speed of restructurering and making sense of my information.

Cons

No sync of preferences, my (daily maps) panel, etc. between my computers (office and home).

Jon B.

Helpful personal organizational tool

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pros

It integrates with Microsoft products to help me setup meetings, track tasks and assignments. It allows me to easily visualize my work, ideas and organize thoughts quickly.

Cons

It's integration into sharepoint has taken a step backward from SP2013 to SPonline/2016. Maps are no longer editable from a browser.

Brian D.

Great Software for mapping idea

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

Easy to use, when you want to put your idea you dont need to search how to do it, it's really a must for this category of software, top of the game !

Cons

If you want a update , you need to repay each year, it's on promise but if you dont paid the next year you dont get the new feature.

Andreas L.

MindManager - Get your muddled-up thoughts and visualize them

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

It was the whiteboard to our business plan when we started our comapny and had a great friend to map out what was in my mind inorder to visualize my growth strategy

Pros

The most intuitive piece of software I have used when tryingto map business ideas into an exectable action plan. Able to add files and hyperlinks easily. Share the document with users and even print the diagram in larger formats. Great for our SWOT analysis to visually understand where we stand.

Cons

Takes a bit to get used to the many ways to annotate the diagram

Nairoby D.

The relationship between value and price speak of it

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/28

In my experience the use of the SW has made the work much easier, especially to make it more visual or for a presentation of a project

Pros

I love using MindManager for mental maps and individual or group brainstorms, it is exactly like
drawing on a sheet of paper with a pencil, with the great advantage of having shapes and icons to add
and make the work more visual and attractive. Organize ideas in a clean way. It is relatively easy to
use.

Cons

Privative tool, only for windows, I have not been able to update the version since I can not pay for
it, the cost is high.
There are functions that I still do not learn to use and there is not enough documentation or forums in
my opinion.

Alfredo M.

Efficient meetings

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

In my work, it is customary to meet to discuss ideas at the beginning of a project or an activity and a tool that helps in our performance is MindManager to perform the brainstorm, since it allows us to quickly have the ideas captured on the screen in a way Organized, clean and not on paper, it also allows to include images, shapes or icons and the final result is much more pleasing to the eye and for the presentation, it is also very useful because it serves as a meeting minute, it is very easy to use this tool.

Cons

One would like to have more functions to complement the work and make it even more attractive. There is little documentation and information on the web. It is a tool only to be used in windows operating system.

Andrew K.

Mind mapping with lots of different features

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

Pros

The software has lots of different templates that you can use which allows me to use different formats depending on how I am feeling and what I am using it for. For example, meeting notes get a different template to my brainstorming maps.

Cons

It takes some time to get my mind maps to print in the format that I like. I like it takes up the whole page when printed.

Strong Visual Management Tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/30

Pros

MindManager helps visualize complex workflows and tasks and offers a high-level view of a project and operational work. I use this tool to help organize project information and provide it to managers for presentations. The application comes built with various templates and excellent, hands on tutorials to learn the program in a quick manner.

Mindmanager has a strong interoperbility with other software and forms can be exported into various Microsoft programs, PDF, etc.

Cons

This tool is not scalable. In order to take advantage of all of its features requires extensive use by the end user. It's really a tool for a specific view in an organization.

Hjalmar B.

The mindmaps can be created in various ways and always look clean.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Drawing some usefull and nice mind maps for knowledge gathering and presentation.

Pros

Clean and structured maps with plenty features to tune each part and each branch. Even task management or at least to indicate a projects completion is integrated. The MS Word integration is a handy tool to turn an outline into a mind-map. The flow charts are an especially nice feature to present the data. The Mindmanager is very feature rich and provides a clean interface.

Cons

The possibility to create free mind maps, that means which do not align to any grid or hierarchal structure is either very well hidden or not possible at all. That is a missing feature.

7.0/10
Travis K.

Great mind mapping software

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Pros

Mind mapping is a great way to explore ideas without the limitation of having to work in a linear way. Mindjet is easy to use and there are a few shortcuts that make it really fast to make a good map.

Cons

I can't access it using Google drive on my phone which is a bummer

Best mindmapping for business purposes - ever!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

I use it for almost everything in my business. Brainstorms, planning, delegation, project management, blog posts

Pros

The intuitive ease of use - the sync with almost everything - the new business interfaces

Cons

nothing really - it's just perfect to me

Logan K.

Powerful anD just the right level of features

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Pros

Mind maps are a powerful tool and this software allows you to focus on the work, not the program.
Looks good
Simple to use
But distracting

Cons

Occassional long load times, but otherwise no complaint

Joseph r. S.

Love the tool and wouldn't use any other mind mapper out there

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/16

Pros

Makes organizing a team brainstorm a piece of cake and allows for us to visually organize different projects in one file that can be managed by multiple team members.

Cons

Sometimes the layouts can be a bit unruly especially when working with a larger mind map. We usually find that if a mind map gets too big then it is time for a separate file.

Eric M.

great for thought processing

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

great way to segment things out (projects, organizational charts, etc) that gave you a full picture of the job rather than a bulleted list

Cons

some employees couldn't follow the alternative way of the information flow

7.0/10

Great for Windows users but on the expensive side.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Pros

I used Mindjet for more than a decade and was very happy with the software until I migrated to Mac OS. Mindjet was for years the best mind mapping software out there and they have a solid offering which is very mature on Windows.

Cons

The pricing options are on the expensive side and the mac edition is second-grade. I downloaded the mac edition and eventually just felt that the price is too high for a product which is not 100% on par with the windows version. I eventually moved to XMind and I am very happy with my choice.

Tithia L.

Good business brainstorming software

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Give me full workflow and roadmap of my business and personal usage.

Pros

I have been using in the trial version, I found that it is great for who need to make a plan or road map for a business or personal life. It will give you full function and understand each flow of work with easy to navigate.

If you are looking for planning and roadmap software then it is great for your choice.

Cheers,

Cons

There is no problem on using this software because it gives full function on what I need.