MindManager

Information mapping and idea visualization tool

Tegid G.

Kanban and Mind Manager

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

As a task manager it is awesome and also helps in ideation sessions.

Pros

The functionality is incredible. If I have an idea, it has a function or feature to help me realize that idea.
From kanban boards to integrating with Kira (through a third party integration tool).

Cons

It feels a little dated and you can't scroll using the work space this means having to use the scroll bar constantly. Using the mouse wheel to zoom would also be useful.

Mark S.

Long time user - I like it a lot. It's fairly robust. They force you to pay for upgrades.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

It's helped me organize, brainstorm and present in my business for many years. It's solid and dependable.

Pros

It gets used a lot! It's very intuitive and seems to not have wasted features you wouldn't use. It's quick and not bogged down at all. The maps look really sharp and professional so can be used on screen shares and look like a champ.

Cons

Price and forced upgrade expenses if you want them. It's understandable to have paid upgrades every now and then.
MindJet has always NOT had their client base truly in mind. Even back with their mobile app ... they were charging a monthly price for that when all we needed was to access our maps and be able to make minor adjustments.
This company puts out a good product, but their view of your client base does not show that they have our best interest in mind, but rather siphon out all the cash they can get. Not a long term customer centric leadership in my experience.

Toni L.
  • Industry: Banking

I love this software!

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

I use MindManager daily for brainstorming sessions, meeting minutes, project planning, scheduling, etc. The ability to branch out from a single thought in as many directions as I want to go helps me to think about the topic rather than making an orderly list. Additionally, once everything is out there in the mindmap, it is easy to move things around to reorganize thoughts, add additional thoughts/ideas or sub-points, or put things in a specific order. I cannot imagine life without this application.

Pros

It is a non-linear way of representing thoughts, lists, brainstorms, etc. Because it is non-linear, the user can utilize more of the canvas to list out points, sub-points, sub-sub-points, etc.

Cons

That's a tough one! I have heard that some people have a hard time moving branches where they want them because of the snap-to feature, but it has never really been much of a problem for me.

Miquiel B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Project Mgmt and Visual Organization Tool

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Dashboard and organizing everything visually to make me 35% more efficient on my job.

Pros

- Mind Mapping
- Brainstorming
- Dashboard Design
- Attachments
- Import/Export to MS Office
- Often called the "unknown" part of MS Office
- ability to map out sharepoint site as a mind map
- ability to connect to sharepoint site
- ease of use to organize ANYTHING

Cons

- new features are only on windows
- company is windows-centric and not concerned with mac or linux
- mac support is 2 or 3 versions behind
- linux support is non-existent
- online integration with task app is powerful, but not explained or shown enough

Best mindmapping for business purposes - ever!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

I use it for almost everything in my business. Brainstorms, planning, delegation, project management, blog posts

Pros

The intuitive ease of use - the sync with almost everything - the new business interfaces

Cons

nothing really - it's just perfect to me

Tithia L.
  • Industry: Accounting

Good business brainstorming software

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Give me full workflow and roadmap of my business and personal usage.

Pros

I have been using in the trial version, I found that it is great for who need to make a plan or road map for a business or personal life. It will give you full function and understand each flow of work with easy to navigate.

If you are looking for planning and roadmap software then it is great for your choice.

Cheers,

Cons

There is no problem on using this software because it gives full function on what I need.

Jeremy B.

HATE Mindjet's billing practices!

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

really despise their billing practices and forcing upgrades.

Pros

Easy to use but HATE Mindjet's billing practices!

Cons

Forced upgrades.... I have used Mindjet for over 10+ years and bought upgraded versions about 4ish times in that.... when the latest OSX update they refused to put out a "patch" and forced new upgrades for the first 2+ months! No less their subscription server auto-billed an OLD credit 8 months into my "free 1 year upgrade window".... at this point only reason I have kept using it is lots of old files in mindjet format!

Dirk B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

MindManager ist a great tool to cluster your thoughts at the beginning of a new project

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

MindManager allows me to quickly get started on a project and to prepare a kick-off quickly and efficiently

Pros

It is easy to use and provides a very useful tool to get started on a new Project. I use it to brainstorm at the beginning of a new Project to make sure I have an overview of the relevant Topics for that Project. MindManager gives me an easy way to organize my thoughts

Cons

I wish there was a better way to let the user determine which clusters he wants in what place. Sometimes it's a a Little bit of a pain to get things in the desired order

Evens S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

I was looking for a tool that helps me connect my ideas and organize our brainstorming sessions

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

My ideas can easily speaks for themselves after entering them in Mindjet Mindmanager!

Pros

Very easy to use. You catch very fast how the software operates. Many different templates of organigrams and schemas are available. The cost model is not yearly. You pay one time and you get it for a lifetime. You only pay per years for the support and updates.

Cons

It is missing some functionnalities but the developpers at Mindjet seems open to create them for you. Sometimes, you will start a diagram 2 to 3 times before finding the right model to use.

Zac H.
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Pick up and run with it - a very simple mind map generator

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Either creating the mind map in MindManager or transferring a brainstorm to the program, we capture much more of our thinking when it is in early stages.

Pros

Ease-of-use is key with mapping thoughts, and MindManager hits the nail on the head. Any competent PC user can dive right in to creating their mind maps.

Cons

Printing mind maps in MindManager could be optimized - we always find that they must be printed on A3 and still often come out with very small text.

Mike L.
  • Industry: Publishing

Awesome software for creating Mind Maps - FUN to use!

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

Best mind map software on the market!
Easy & FUN to use.
Can use it to document business processes.
Easy to edit and make changes.

Cons

A bit expensive.
Wish there were a few more icons & labels available.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Mindmanager

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

To keep and present an information or data is easy. I still open my old mindmanager files to remember what we did previously

Pros

Very easy to use. No need to read tutorials etc before you use. Very simple basic for quick presentations

Cons

Maybe appearance can be improved and enriched

Sean W.

Simple yet effective

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

I'm recently new to this type of software, however I'm already hooked! MindManager makes it simple to brainstorm for a project and organize tasks. The iPhone app is very intuitive with many different styles to select

Cons

I'd like to see a monthly option. I'm currently using the free service and would like to upgrade, but I'm not sure that I can justify that much when I may not use it daily, or even weekly, consistently.

Yvonne A.

Creates Professional Mindmaps

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Pros

Really good interface with lots of options for playing with the design. The maps look very professional!

Cons

You can't open it on other computers unless the program is installed on the device

Brian D.

Great Software for mapping idea

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

Easy to use, when you want to put your idea you dont need to search how to do it, it's really a must for this category of software, top of the game !

Cons

If you want a update , you need to repay each year, it's on promise but if you dont paid the next year you dont get the new feature.

• Industry: Legal Services

Strong Visual Management Tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/30

Pros

MindManager helps visualize complex workflows and tasks and offers a high-level view of a project and operational work. I use this tool to help organize project information and provide it to managers for presentations. The application comes built with various templates and excellent, hands on tutorials to learn the program in a quick manner.

Mindmanager has a strong interoperbility with other software and forms can be exported into various Microsoft programs, PDF, etc.

Cons

This tool is not scalable. In order to take advantage of all of its features requires extensive use by the end user. It's really a tool for a specific view in an organization.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great tool for gathering and organizing your thoughts

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

MindManager is very easy to use. Great in requirement or brainstorming meetings. And I find many of the new features continue to enhance my work

Cons

I found it difficult to use when linking to databases.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Mindmanager Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Happy with the product on an overall basis. Very handy tool to get organized and to move quicker through projects.

Pros

I like the ease of use for mapping out my thoughts, but I use it mostly for Website projects which is easier to maintain a birds eye view of with this. Easier than paper in most cases.

Cons

A little more options would not hurt. Missing pop ups for documents for the links.

Brian K.

A great Mind Mapping tool

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

Great templates and tools to assist in mind map creation. Great tool to use in college and work environment.

Cons

The tips could be a bit more helpful and the layout of the Mac version can be a little difficult to use compared to the Windows version.

David D.

Reviewed on 2016/01/19

Ganjar W.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Jumbled ideas? No need to worry anymore!

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Mindmanager is essential for me. It helps me to explore ideas before writing it as scientific journals or before preparing the idea for a classroom seminar.

Pros

Have you ever felt that you have lots of great ideas but they are too tangled? That instead of feeling excitement on delivering these ideas, you are feeling overwhelmed instead? Well, fear no more! Mindmanager is there for you to help with this issue!

Mindmanager allows users to create a mind map of an idea. It is very easy to use and has a simple, smooth user interface which allows users to straight away delve into the business: creating pathways to explore and express their ideas.

Mindmanager allows users to add icons or change colours to boxes, making it easier for users to highlight certain parts of ideas. It also allows drag-and-drop to organise ideas collected through brainstorming sessions.You can also tag ideas and present them collectively in tag view. The best part is that you can convert your mind map into presentation slides, making it easier for you to communicate your ideas to wider audience.

Cons

Mindmanager is a commercial application, which requires users to pay. You can use the free, 30-days trial version to test whether the application suits your need before paying the price of the application.

Torgrim S.

The best knowledge manager and planner out there

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

MindManager is my preferred tool for tackling the day, and it's the first program I start each day, and the last I close before bedtime.

Pros

The ease and speed of entering and visualising my information. And the ease and speed of restructurering and making sense of my information.

Cons

No sync of preferences, my (daily maps) panel, etc. between my computers (office and home).

Nairoby D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

The relationship between value and price speak of it

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

In my experience the use of the SW has made the work much easier, especially to make it more visual or for a presentation of a project

Pros

I love using MindManager for mental maps and individual or group brainstorms, it is exactly like
drawing on a sheet of paper with a pencil, with the great advantage of having shapes and icons to add
and make the work more visual and attractive. Organize ideas in a clean way. It is relatively easy to
use.

Cons

Privative tool, only for windows, I have not been able to update the version since I can not pay for
it, the cost is high.
There are functions that I still do not learn to use and there is not enough documentation or forums in
my opinion.

Wojciech K.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

I use Mindjet MindManager to manage information in visual way, ready to share in many other...

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

time saver, great ToDo dashboard supporter, excellent visual management supporter during meetings

Pros

What I love in MindManager is: contextual information management (tags, group of tags, icons, attachments, links, notes). In controlling area, great is calculation option - easy way to write functions. There is great integration w/ MS Office (Outlook, Excel). Excellent views of 1 document: Gantt chart, Schedule, Outline, Map, Priorities. Interesting thing is to use conditional formatting to present important topics with specific data.

Cons

I hope to see more options in reporting area - to export map as more specific document, to share information with others.

• Industry: Market Research

Long time and regular user

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Compelling collaboration tool; powerful think-things-through tool.

Pros

It's easy to use, with largely intuitive keystrokes, and offers a pretty wide range of situations it can work in. It's also got decent readers and translators to get it out to people who don't have the software. A lot of folks I've worked with have done the 30-day trial to allow us to collaborate, and that's been pretty successful. The company also has a robust user-supplied collection of templates and guides for using it for specialized things (like ad-campaign planning, project planning, org charts, etc.) It's a powerful visual communication tool that really shines when projecting notes or idea-development progress in front of a collaborative group.

Cons

They have been promising the addition of flow-charting for a couple of years; it's still promised and it's something I would use just about every day if/when it's available.