GoToMeeting Reviews

GoToMeeting

Online meeting software with HD video conferencing

4.5/5 (4519 reviews)
Jeffrey T.

GotoMeeting Video Meeting with ease

Reviewed on 2019/03/03

Being able to communicate with other people in my company and the ability to have it recorded, with being able to go back and see who said what and who was suppose to do what. Just the time of not needing to take notes is wonderful. Now I just print them out and highlight the important stuff. GoToMeetings has made my business look larger than it is when I speak with very large companies. When I set up a GoToMeeting with them they are very impressed. It also gives me the opportunity to demonstrate our products. It's so much better than having them go to YouTube to watch a video. At GoToMeeting I demonstrate and then they can ask questions there "real time." If they want me to change a parameter, I can do that, right then, "real time." So my experience over all is wonderful.

Pros

The people at GoToMeeting have made putting a meeting together simple and easy. I have used their product since it came out on the market. There are Individual mode where the video is on one person and everyone else is watching or you can place it in a group mode where you can see the faces of others in the meeting. No need to take notes GoToMeeting will record your meeting and transcribe it for you, then if you have items that were shown in a prsentation to them you can go back and make links they can go to. Meetings can be only one person speaking or it can be interactive with the presenter controlling who speaks when. The people at GoToMeeting are always one step ahead and the communication market evolves. You can watch, listen and speak through your computer or you can still call into an 800 number. I can't say enough about how easy it is to use the software, it only took me about an hour to review the features and felt comfortable that I could operate the software. They are a;ways coming up with new features.

Cons

Cons? What cons? I have to say I know nothing that would be a limiting factor except maybe the number of people you can view, but how many people can you really view on one screen. No honestly I would reccomend this to a business of two people that are in different locations to communicate back and forth as it records your meeting and transcribes it. So, no I have no con's

Samridh S.

Virtual Meeting with Goto Meeting

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

I use this software almost on a daily basis to communicate with team members that are not situated in the same geographical location. It is the company wide go to software for all and it does make connecting with virtual teams much simpler. I think there is something for everyone in this software and it will only get better with time.

Pros

This software is extremely helpful when you are working with a team that is either located in different states domestically or different countries internationally. It is an online platform and browser based so pretty much very very easy to get started. Just setup a account, open browser, go to their website and log in. The software has made useful features but the ones that I have used and like the most are,
- Setup Recurring meetings (so I don't have to go back and do it over and over again)
- Switch between presenters (you can give authority to other participants and let them share their screen)
- Give authority for keyboard and mouse (they can control your screen from their end which at times has been life saver for me)
- Very easy to user user interface (All options are right there on the goto window and it can be either maximized or minimized)
- Says who is speaking (When you hear a voice you can see on the bottom of the screen who is speaking at the moment)
- Can have lot of participants ( I scratch the surface for number of attendees I can have during the meeting.)
- Webcam option (Yes you can choose to enable disable webcam so others can see you)
- Chat option (if you can't hear someone type a message on chat and see if they respond back)
- Record (I haven't used this feature but i bet it would come handy when you do a massive presentation and not everyone can attend but you want them to see what they missed)

I think it should satisfy most people and companies needs

Cons

I have had many issues with this software. Some few times I have ran into these situations
- I cannot hear the other person though I see them online
- If I start meeting before the scheduled time it acts weird

Bonnie M.

I LOVE GTM!! (GoToMeeting)

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/09/19

I love GoToMeeting (GTM)! I teach online and hold live chats sometimes 3 nights a week. I have to sometimes use another program, and at times when it doesn’t work I have quickly jusmped on GTM and it ‘saves the day” every time! I love the new TRANSCRIPTION feature too! And so do my students. Granted it isn’t perfect, but what speech-to-text feature is? I make sure to use GTM and introduce it to my students at least once per course. The following week I will switch back to the other program, and then I let my students vote on which program they’d prefer to use the following week – GTM wins every time! I have used other online VOI chat tools, but they seem to keep changing?! They "think" they're making improvements, but take away such a valuable feature as being able to share the moderator's entire screen?! Why?! Either that or their newer version cannot “handle” sharing the entire screen and errors out showing the same screen over and over again in a trail of overlapping screens that run off into infinity. GTM is just easier to use! Inviting attendees is even easy – just set up a future meeting and the email invitation is created for you! Easy peasy! I just took a another look at it again and played around with resizing and moving the feature windows and I even found something else about it that I didn't know before...so now I love it even more!

Pros

Being able to quickly and easily show my online students what I am doing, by sharing my entire screen/desktop, on my computer is so important! SHARING MY ENTIRE SCREEN regardless of which program I am using, or switching to, and to also have them see the pop-up or embedded windows (like scroll over Alt tags or edit menus & windows) is a must! Another program (that I will not name) recently changed that specific feature so if the moderator shares the entire screen an infinite trail of windows appears and no one can see a thing. I'll choose go to meeting every time if I have the choice between the two! Don't get me wrong - GTM does allow you to also share only one specific application/program at a time IF that is what you would prefer to do. I just need/prefer to share my entire screen.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing I can think of is I wish GTM would allow the attendees to "raise their hands" to let me know they have questions, or that I have missed a text/typed question. Either that or just give them an icon that can be clicked on that rings a bells in my ear so that I know to pause and/or ask the viewers to type their question again. I can understand that some moderators might not want to allow such interruptions during a presentation, or during a specific time, but giving the moderator an ON/OFF option for it would work for everyone! The little icon/button could be placed right next to the MIC controls on the Attendees pane.

Garin H.

Solid and everywhere but could be improved

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Pros

This is very well designed software for remote meetings with audio, video, and screen sharing. I also love the companion product GoToWebinar that I've used for many webinars over the last several years. GoToMeeting has gained such good adoption that it has integrations everywhere with tools like Google Calendar, Chrome, Zapier, and others. We used GoToMeeting for years for internal meetings, sales calls--basically any meeting with remote participants. I've even used it to pull church members into my Sunday School class on weekends that are homebound because of illness. I like how you can create a persistent link that you can go to every time rather than having to set up a new link for every meeting. Just be careful if you're having back to back meetings with the same link--otherwise, you get the next audience showing up at the tail end of the current meeting. I solved that by creating two persistent links and alternating them when I have back to back meetings.

Price is right. When purchasing multiple licenses you can get the price down.

It's also very stable in almost every environment including mobile meetings so you can participate in meetings on the go. It requires a simple install that I've never had anyone have a problem with.

Cons

It takes more bandwidth than competitors like Zoom.us for similar functionality. Chat is limited to chatting within the meeting rather than creating chat rooms inside your company for teams to collaborate on then hop on a remote meeting. It's meant to be used every time you want to meet rather than an ongoing collaboration tool all of the time. I think they could learn something from Zoom about this.

David W.

When your remote meetings need more than video

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

We love GoToMeeting because it's mostly simple and straightforward. Support for the product is great. Every issue we had was answered within minutes of our call. The pricing is adequate considering how many participants you can have on each meeting. Overall, I recommend GoToMeeting as gold standard right up there with WebEx and JoinMe. GoToMeeting is in my opinion more reliable and has easier setup.

Pros

GoToMeeting is a staple service at my organization. We used Google Hangouts for simple video and screen sharing sessions, but GoToMeeting presents a more full-featured and polished product. This is essential for things like Board or executive level meetings where interactive white boards and the ability to shift who the presenter is are essential. GoToMeeting has native apps for Mac, PC, Android, and iOS. This is crucial for BYOD organizations or organizations that rely on volunteers. Features like whiteboard make it very easy to share and visualize ideas as they evolve. Having the ability to change who the presenter is and giving that person "remote control" of the meeting is also hassle free.

Cons

The look and feel of the service is not the same across all platforms. This makes it difficult to explain functionality to users when starting a meeting or if you need to give instructions on the fly. If you are on a Mac and the other person is on a PC and you are trying to remember how to hand off controls and can't remember how on the other platform, this is a real impediment to getting things done.

Gordon w H.

A recognizable name, but basic features can be found elsewhere

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

The business problem we solve with GoToMeeting is simple: we needed a solution that any of our external clients can easily access and join meetings with our teams from any device they might have. We wanted a solution which gives us and our clients a familiar feature set along with easy to use controls so we don't need to worry about spending parts of meetings waiting for people to install complex software just to join a simple meeting.

Pros

Being one of the biggest names in collaboration software, GoToMeeting's biggest advantage is that so many people are familiar with it, you don't have to worry much about encountering someone that doesn't know how to join or call into a meeting. There are some great features they have in the product that don't exist in any other platform, like sharing your entire mobile device's screen with a meeting in order to demonstrate a mobile app. On the off-chance you have a meeting with someone who has never used GoToMeeting before, the set up is simple and can usually be done in an unobtrusive way that doesn't run afoul with IT groups.

Cons

I don't like the pricing model. It's an extremely robust product, but more often I find myself leveraging similar, albeit much more simple, functionality built into other tools to get much of the same result for internal meetings. For example, if I need to call a snap meeting with my team, rather than ask everyone to join my GoToMeeting, I simply start a call within our (paid) Slack channel and we don't need to worry about tying up the account for anyone else who might need to use it. For setting up a conference line, there are other more affordable solutions (sometimes free ones if you don't mind stability issues) on the marker which can accomplish this goal.

7.0/10

Great tool to having meetings with people all over the world anytime.

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

I use GoToMeeting on a regular basis to have meetings with coworkers and colleagues and it is mostly flawless for those purposes. Meetings sometimes get delayed due to someone having an audio or other connection issue but not often enough for it to be a big problem. One of the most valuable uses is for remote presentations. We hold conferences and judging events where the presenter is unable to be there in person so using GoToMeeting, they are able to present their PowerPoints and interact with the audience in real time almost as seamlessly as if they were there. My biggest recommendation is to always test important meetings and presentations where time and presentation are important factors with the actual connections and computers that will be used at the time of the actual meeting.

Pros

It is very easy to schedule meetings, alert participants and add meetings to your calendar. Once meetings are started, there is a useful tool that helps you make sure your audio and video connections are working properly. It is great that there is an option for using computer audio or calling in over the phone. Almost everyone in the business world if familiar with using this software and it seems to have compatibility across the board with all the computers I've used. The ability to allow any participant to become the presenter and share their screen is extremely valuable.

Cons

Sometimes, even with the audio/video tool, I've run into issues that take a while to figure out. There might be a setting to turn it off but when you have back to back meetings, one meeting could be interrupted with a loud alert for the next one. Obviously, as an internet based tool, it is only as good as your connection so audio and video quality could suffer significantly with slower connections.

Paige E.

In my previous customer service role, I conducted daily webinars with small groups via GoToMeeting.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

I appreciated the ease in which I could schedule a GoToMeeting and provide attendees with the link to attend. I was able to easily access that link again if I needed to remind participants of how to access the meeting. During the implementation of the meeting, participants receive an intro tutorial on how to setup their audio, etc. As I was aware of the information they were receiving, I would often type in the chat box and reiterate verbally what they would need to do to access their own speaker and more. It is valuable to be able to record the session via GoToMeeting and send that file to participants as a follow-up.

Cons

It is good to be mindful that your computer's updates can conflict with GoToMeeting's function. When my computer conducted certain updates, the volume on GoToMeeting would work for a minute or two during the beginning of the session and then it would stop working. So, if you incur an issue with GoToMeeting, keep in mind it could be something external to the actual software. It also takes a sequence of steps to be able to show attendees a recording during your session--the audio settings must be changed to allow for audio to be heard from the recording rather from your microphone.

Jahangir A.

Click and start your meeting!!!

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

My CEO and other HOD's always prefer to use Goto meeting to make the external meeting due to easy connect feature and external participant doesn't need to register. Also, all interview candidate, one to one external meetings are pretty flexible via Goto meeting. But for group meeting like internal including customize feature is not availale to this platform. Overall it has a significant value till now to my company to particular type of conference. I do personally use especially when I need to connect remote people where internet connection is very poor and the y can join via dialing .

Pros

1. A simple sign feature & sync with your calendar
2. Once you are signed in, share the code with the link or share the number including meeting code.
3. No hassle to join in if you have an invitation even no need to register. PC or Phone whatever you can join
4. If Internet speed is good than very clear voice and even HD service.
5. Due to easy to connect without register, employees love this platform

Cons

1. Sometimes, I found at least 2/3 times its logging into account due to an unknown error
2. One I call the customer support their solution is not working sometimes. Means it has some bugs
3. UberConference, Google meet, and other available online apps have the easy feature which is similar to Goto Meeting. Like customization for own company.

Cal T.

Makes Training via the Internet Easy

Reviewed on 2018/01/06

I am solving the business problem of training remote users without having to be in the same room. Gotomeeting allows me to do this very well. And, as I mentioned, it allows me to see their screen and/or their video camera while we are on the Gotomeeting. This allows for immediate problem solving and clarification of issues.

Pros

What I like best is that on the Gotomeeting dashboard I can see exactly what the other people see, so I know if my screen is not refreshing or if, when I use two screens, I'm accidently sharing the wrong screen.

I like that Gotomeeting can be viewed on a cell phone. This allows some of my viewers to watch the training or join a meeting from their phone rather than having to be tied to a computer or tablet.

I think the feature that allows me to make someone else a presenter while our meeting is going is super important because this means if there is a concept a participant doesn't understand or thinks is not working correctly on their end I can immediately make them a presenter and see their computer screen. This allows me to correct their actions, because I can see exactly what is happening on their end.

Cons

I dislike that Gotomeeting looks differently on Explorer than it does on Chrome. But it does work on both.

Shikha V.

GoTo Meeting-Your GoTo Idea for all conferences and meetings

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

The overall experience has been fine so far but they can improve on certain things to make it better as there are other competitors in the market.

Pros

GoTo Meeting is an online platform which provides the facility of virtual meeting with your offshore team, client and vendors. It is an extremely beneficial and easy to use tool for communication. I have been using this tool for almost 2.5 years now to communicate with my vendors and clients. It creates a seamless platform for presentation to the team who is situated offshore.

There is no limit to the number of participants and you have the ability to switch between the presenters anytime. You can move the control tab (with option to present, mute and webcam) to the left or right side of your screen, basically as per your convenience. It highlights the icon of the person who is speaking while presenting. It also provide an option to chat and write any important query in the middle of the meeting.

It also lets you record your meetings

Cons

Being a virtual conference/meeting software, it's imperative that the audio and video option is fluent. Sometimes, there are audio issues when the number of presenters are more. The customer support team is little slow and sometimes the person on the other end is not aware of the issues and results in delay in response to a query. There are other options available in the market which are comparatively easy to use.

You have to be really verse with the software in order to use to efficiently. Someone who is not tech savvy would find it little difficult to operate.

Slightly out of date, but still a great video conference tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

It's reliable, it allows me to share any type of file, and the device works with any type of web browser (on any device). GoToMeeting not only simplified video conferencing, it enhanced it. This was particularly true for presentations, which were often clunky because I would need to email the powerpoint file separately from the video conference call- so this centralized the whole process as a one-stop shop.

Pros

GoToMeeting is a great program in a professional setting for a number of reasons. For starters, video conferences are easy to create and organize with shareable links that can be added to calendars (with reminders) at the click of a button. Then factor in that GoToMeeting is accessible with PCs, tablets and smartphones, and it makes organizing meetings so easy that it becomes a go-to program. Finally, creating and delivering presentations with the program is so easy and good that I end up inventing reasons to use the program for every meeting- and turning as many meetings as I can into video conferences.

Cons

Aside for the occasional lapses in audio quality, lag times and glitches, the chat function is not as easy to use as it should be. Meetings also can't be recorded (at least not with the most recent free version). And it is expensive.

I love GoToMeeting

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

GoToMeeting has helped my team and I connect with clients and leads in all stages without having to leave our office space. The ease of use gives us the opportunity to have back to back meetings since all you have to do is click on "start" and in a second you are at your next meeting.

Pros

I love GoToMeeting. It's easy to understand and you can get the hang of it on your first go. The whole system is self explanatory and you don't need to go through a manual to learn how to use the basics. It can generate a new link for every conference call that you schedule so that no two meetings collide - imagine your 3:00 pm getting into the conference call 10 minutes early only to then walk in on your 2:00 pm meeting that hasn't finished yet.

The video quality is good and it doesn't lag your computer and you can easily record the whole meeting to take notes afterwards.

Cons

There's really not a negative thing I would say about GoToMeeting. The only issue I would have is the bill. My team and I use this for business meetings so paying the yearly plan is no problem with us since it helps us gain money. But if you need something free and don't mind not having quality features then this is not for you as they only give you a free 14 day trial and then you'll have to pay to continue with it. I wouldn't use this if I ran a non-profit organization.

Perry F.

GoToMeeting Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

The support team has been great and it has helped us realize our meeting potential. Overall GTM is a great asset to our company and we do not plan to explore other options. Call quality is reliable and that is the most important thing we can ask for.

Pros

GTM has improved our inter-office communication vastly. Having a team spread across 4 states and 2 countries it is imperative that we have a reliable meeting tool. We liked it so much that we began using it with our SaaS subscribers for support and sales, as well. The interface is easy enough to use and for less tech savy users, we can register them for meetings and send them a single link to click that will automatically downlaod the meeting agent and allow them to initiate a call. We especially like being able to share screen/mouse control to help work through any support issues.

Cons

There is no ability to lock individual meetings. If we are scheduled back to back, and we are not using one of our unique meetings (which sometimes has to be the case) then there is a risk that someone hops into the meeting early and interferes with our current call. Also, the tool is slightly expensive for what you get.

Michael J.

The Gold Standard for Web Conferencing

Reviewed on 2018/03/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I've been using GoToMeeting for at least a decade and it is still the gold standard for web conferencing for companies of all sizes. Our entire organization (sales, marketing, success, and support) all have licenses for scheduling screen shares and web conferences with leads and customers. You can share your screen, allow another person to share their screen, and even take control of another user's screen for troubleshooting issues, or training purposes. It is easy to use for those setting up and those connecting to a web conference. It has a number of wonderful integrations - the most useful being the Google Calendar plug in - which enables you to easily schedule GoToMeetings directly from a calendar event. You can also record sessions for replay later (helpful for training or demos).

Cons

It would be great if their recordings of screenshares were more compressed so that longer presentations weren't so large or the ability to integrate with a cloud based storage site to allow default a recording to go directly to an online location for sharing and playback.

Rob R.

Best Video Conferencing Software

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Pros

There are so many options for video conferencing and lots of them are the same. But personally I like G2M the best because its happened to be the most robust and seems to offer the best quality of video and audio.

Lots of other conferencing software is the same but they will crash, have longer delays in video / audio, have super long confirmation codes etc.

I also really like that I can have a vanity URL (with a paid account) that I can always use to fire up a meeting at anytime (i.e. http://gotomeet.me/<my own url>. This is super nice for just firing up ad-hoc meetings or the like.

Recording sessions is easy and I love that they have the ability to "lock" a given session which prevents unwanted access from people when you have back to back meetings with different groups using the same dial-in information.

Cons

After you record a session the video has to get translated to the right format. this can take a long time depending on your hardware, length of the meeting, etc. To be fair this is the case with most conference software options. But just something to note.

Also, the mobile apps are good for using G2M on the go or sharing your mobile screen but they are a little clunky. Particularly if you use your actual phone to dial in but then use the mobile app for screen sharing. On an iPhone you'd have to constantly switch back and forth between the apps to mute and unmute.

Yagneshkumar P.

Go To Meeting!!

Reviewed on 2018/01/27

GoToMeeting has been very beneficial to use for me, since i used all the time to get on client meetings, GoToMeeting is very fact, reliable, and east to connect to a quick GoToMeeting invite via a meeting ID. GoToMeeting is secure when connecting to a call so there is not snooping or outsiders getting connect to. GoToMeeting is going to the right direction and many ppl are using, i see adds on television all the time.

Pros

GoToMeeting is a very good software to use for conference meetings and one on one meetings. GoToMeeting UI is seamless, easy to use software with quick connection to a meeting right away. Also it integrates with outlook and other email apps, so getting on a call right away has never been an issue. Moreover, when connecting to GoToMeeting its easy to connect without any issues, just requires a download of the extension in the browser. GoToMeeting price is reasonable i do not pay for it, my company does , but if you your own business then purchasing GoToMeeting is inexpensive. Moreover, GoToMeeting voice quality is very clear, i like how i can test my speakers and mic right before the call so there is not issues during the call.

Cons

I think if GoToMeeting would have updates go out very now and them it would be good; since there are rarely any updates to the software.

Eliz M.

I have used it for meetings with other office partners

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

It is a program that has allowed me to share information and make work meetings in an effective way. It has saved mobilization costs for our staff.

Pros

I like that it is fast. The videos of the people who participate in the meeting are good. It has many functions and is very complete for meetings with many people. If you are a presenter, it is possible to control the audio and the control of the participants, which makes the meeting easier to carry. I have seen that I can connect external microphones and external audios and the program connects them without problem. I can share a PowerPoint presentation and also a specific window. I like that I can use it on iOS and it works very well.

Cons

It is a complicated program to use for meetings with people who had not used it before. I noticed that when I use my Windows computer and the meeting there are Mac computers, the software is different, this creates confusion when we should give some assistance to someone who does not know it. The screen sharing controls are confusing. Audio and microphone are also confusing. The chat, I think it should improve. They should consider including a "blackboard" in the paid version. The program usually does not work the first time, but the last software downloads and this can be annoying when you need to join a meeting quickly. I have noticed that there is an error in the time zone, even though I put it correctly the system chooses another, it is confusing.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/12/05

I've had good experience using this for conferencing and remote control of other systems. I have used it for online meetings several times, and it is very easy to get people online and using the site. I have done screen sharing, and remote access to other computers when necessary, which is awesome for helping remote users with issues.
There are several good offerings in this space, so do your homework and get what you need for your business.
I would recommend this product if it has the features you require.

Pros

As an online conference tool that is easy to use and simple to get started, this is a solid product. I have used it off an on for many years without issue. It has always been much more affordable than some of its counterparts, but is still a very powerful tool with lots of features. It is sold in tiers so you can get the features you want at a very good price. Of course, do your research and make sure all features necessary to your business needs are met!

Cons

It doesn't have as many features or bells and whistles as the most used, highest priced offerings or most popular products it this category. However, the top dog tends to bundle everything so you get more, but gotomeeting breaks it down to you can get what you need, easing the pocket drain, or paying for unnecessary features and functions. There have been complaints of audio/video dropout, but I believe Cisco has addressed all of these. Some, of course, have nothing to do with the application, and everything to do with the connecting system (wi-fi, poor internet, etc)

Babak B.

We use GoToMeeting to showcase our software to potential clients

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

Pros

- Easy to setup
- Multiple phone numbers to call based on where clients are located
- Ability to record the session and send it to clients

Cons

- Sometimes the phone line doesn't sound very clear
- Some of our clients that aren't tech savy get stuck installing the app on their computer to attend the meeting.

Response from GoToMeeting

Hi Babak,

Thanks for the review. RE: Audio Issues - you might consider offering both a VOIP option and dial-in options in your meetings (we even have toll-free phone numbers you can offer prospective clients); we are our own "phone company" (CLEC) and should have very reliable options for you both in US and Internationally.

As for connecting and having clients download - you can setup your GTM to allow users to connect via the "no-download option" - just need to log into your account online and select that option. Here's an article to review as well: https://support.logmeininc.com/supportvideos/gotomeeting/videos--key-features--gotomeeting-web-app

And of course I would make sure to setup your personal meeting room, so people can just click on your custom link to quickly join the meeting.

Thank you for being a loyal GTM customer, we are always seeking to make your experience with our products the best it can be!

Will V. and the entire GoToMeeting Team.

Get's the job done, doesn't feel as 'hip' as other offerings

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

We are a SaaS company and we provide all of our customer training and implementation via remote screen-share. GoToMeeting was our software of choice for the better part of 4 years as we worked with our customers. It did what we needed it to do, and it did it well.

Pros

We used GoToMeeting for several years and it did a great job. There was never a real issue that we had with product. So I'd have to say the consistency was the best feature of the product. It just worked and that is more than you can say about a number of products out there.

Cons

As time went on, it seems like GoToMeeting fell out of favor with other businesses and it lost it's 'hipness'. That is to say that it basically became less popular, with many companies (ours included) switching over to Zoom. From what I understand, the reason that we switched was a cost savings / feature set upgrade decision. So what we liked least was the cost for the feature set we were receiving. Plus Zoom resonates with our clients, whereas GoToMeeting feels dated at times. GoToMeeting also didn't include cloud recordings of calls, which was a huge need for us.

7.0/10
Tyson R.

Best Webinar Software I've Used

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

As a state agency, we use GoToWebinar frequently to communicate important information and training to our state's counties (105) and numerous other organizations. In the 3 years that I have been using the software we have not run into firewall or connectivity issues with any partners, which is more than I can say about other outward-facing software we employ.

Organizers find setting up a webinar simple and intuitive and users have no problem registering. The email reminders and ability to add the date to your calendar are vital features that GoToWebinar easily addresses.

Other features like recording, rosters (with attention ratings), and in-webinar surveys are just some of the features that we couldn't do without after using them. There have been recent updates to the software that I haven't had time to dabble in but they look like nice additions to an already good platform.

It is not uncommon for us to get requests from partner organizations asking us to host a webinar for them using GoToWebinar even if they have their own webinar software that isn't GoToWebinar.

Other platforms that we have tried (Skype, Adobe Connect, etc.) weren't as intuitive and encountered a number of issues that we don't see using GoToWebinar.

Pros

- Ease of use for organizers and participants
- No problems with firewalls, internally or externally
- All the essential functionalities that we use every time
- Additional functionalities that we use occasionally
- Recent updates are a plus
- Good recording features

Cons

- I wish it was still a combined package with GoToMeeting
- More expensive than we would like but overall worth the money.

Ramakrishna G.

GotoMeeting is one of the best conference call program.

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

GotoMeeting is one of the best conference call programs available as it provides ease of use and an excellent set of features like Starting and joining a meeting is hassle-free, no codes or phone numbers to memorize and it includes amazing features l screen sharing,recording etc.

Pros

Starting and joining a meeting is hassle-free, no codes or phone numbers to memorize and it inclueds amazing features l screen sharing,recording etc.
1) Easy to setup: Start you meeting with your favorite device, send out invites via phone, email or sms and start the call on the specified time.no hard phone set up needed, just click the link in the invite and you are good to go.
2)Very good mobile app: Join and host meetings on the go with the GoToMeeting Mobile app. The GoToMeeting mobile app is supported on Android, iOS and Windows so no matter what device you use you can connect with GoToMeeting. The app is absolutely free so it won't cost you anything to join others meetings, webinars or classes.

Cons

Price wise it is litter higher compare to other products
High Price: - GoToMeeting comes at affordable prices in itself but you have to consider that some of the paid subscription features with GoToMeeting
comes free with other competitors.

Fazal K.

Solid Online Collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Pros

The venerable GotoMeeting has been around for a while and it's a feature rich tool that should work for just about anyone looking to do online collaboration.
Teams can setup single or recurring meetings
Setting up a meeting automatically opens up an outlook meeting invite
Ability to add international dial-in numbers for many countries
Good markup tools
Create and manage meetings through web interface and desktop app.

Cons

When double-clicking on the task bar icon, it should not launch a new meeting. This can be very annoying where offices are sharing a few accounts between many people.
Meeting scheduler does not do a good job of managing time. A user can not start a meeting at the same time another is scheduled but can start a meeting five minutes before and let the time overlap the second meeting. Recurring meetings also do not block out the meeting time to prevent another user for scheduling a meeting at the same time.

Ian B.

GoToMeeting is a very reliable and easy-to-use meeting platform

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Overall, very reliable and simple to use. It's multi-faceted and allows for small-scale meetings and large scale webinars so any sort of online meetings can easily be facilitated through the platform!

Pros

I like how GoToMeeting integrates seamlessly with my Gmail account so I can easily add meeting credentials to any calendar invite I send out. I also like how the platforms allows you to record any meeting and pause the screen throughout, especially if you are giving a product demo. Lastly, it's very quick to load and I haven't had virtually any tech issues with is in the 3 years I've used it!

Cons

I don't like how it doesn't let you schedule meetings in the past via the calendar integration. For instance if you have a 9 o'clock meeting and you ended up sending the invite out with the meeting details at 9:01am, it wouldn't let you. You'd then have to update the invite on your calendar to 9:02am or beyond which can be confusing for the person you are meeting with.