MyStudio

CRM for managing customer, sales, and products

Sarah V.

MyStudio Software for Martial Arts School

Reviewed on 2021/05/04

Customer service and availability of the MyStudio team has been exceptional! Through the set up process to the day to day running of our business, their team has been willing to listen and help at every step. We are very pleased with the value MyStudio adds to our business.

Pros

MyStudio has allowed us to seamlessly register students for events, enroll students in classes, manage students rank progression and sell merchandise through multiple point of sales avenues. Their easy to use landing pages have helped us increase our bottom line and streamlined our registration processes.

Cons

There student database is not as robust as software systems we have used in the past. Exporting the student database to create lists in a spreadsheet does not include values that would be very helpful. User interface is sufficient but uninspiring.

Response from MyStudio

Hi Sarah, thanks for your review! We are so happy to hear how happy you are with "seamlessly registering" people for your various offerings. We really are glad that we have helped in increasing your bottom line and streamlining your registration processes. We're taking all of your thoughts and we will share them with our teams as we continue to upgrade the system.

Alvin C.

MyStudio CMS for Martial Arts Schools

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

They are good people on their way to making a great product. I just can't use every part of the system. Big promises with slow delivery on the software.

Pros

Affordable. Easy online customer management and billing. They were just starting out and so was I, so it was a good fit.

Cons

The attendance tracking, email, and SMS communication tools tracking software are basic and need more development to work. The scheduling software user interface is just ugly and unusable. I am currently paying for mailchimp, acuity scheduling, and taking attendance manually to get the job done right. The custom links for online registrations often come up as 404 not found. I'm now at a point where I can easily move to another CMS and enjoy more developed software if the price is right.

Nicholas A.

Great product to help run your martial arts school

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

Overall I would highly recommend Mystudio to anyone running a martial arts studio. The value they offer far outweighs any cost to use it.

Pros

Mystudio makes it easy for my members to do just about everything they need. It makes things like selling membership, events, retail and communication simple by having everything kept under one program. With it I don't need a lot of extra employees.

Cons

The team at Mystudio tends to release features that haven't been fully developed. I appreciate them wanting to get new things out but having to deal with the bugs or missing aspects of the feature can be very frustrating at times.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/05/07

Great so far. It was vital to have it during the pandemic.

Pros

I like the attendance feature the most. During the pandemic we had to get rid of "attendance cards". No everyone gets checked in with very little issues. I also like the event and membership registration capabilities.

Cons

Glitches occasionally. One time I couldn't check anyones attendance for 3 days straight. Also loading time takes way to long even though we have fast internet. Email cpabilities are very basic. I would like more synching with mail chimp. They feel like a billing company, but they are not. We have to do a lot of money chasing when a client doesn't pay.

Response from MyStudio

Hello, thank you for your feedback and I'm glad that it's been really helpful during the pandemic. I'm also glad you are utilizing the event and membership registration capabilities! We are continuing to upgrade all of our modules --and considering we are not a billing company, we will take your feedback and continue to look into how we can improve your experience around "money chasing". We truly appreciate your words and hope to continue supporting you through and out of the pandemic!

Tony A.

MPK MS Review

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

Overall an excellent choice for member management

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Excellent customer service

Cons

Pricing tools not available in all modes - Memberships vs Events.

Sortable menus in events

Fairy regular app issues that we are needing to address on our end that makes updating a pain

Response from MyStudio

Hi Tony, thank you for your review and we are happy to hear that you believe that we are an excellent choice for membership management. Thanks for being a valued member with us! We are taking all of your feedback and sharing it with our teams.

Pamela V.

Great tool!

Great experience!

Pros

MyStudio is a great tool for companies whether you are a small or large company. I like the way the team is always enhancing it to be better.

Cons

It can be a little slow at times.

Also the communication section can be better: an alert email when someone messages the business on mystudio + being able to accept emoji (they come off as question marks).

Dayo O.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

An simple, efficient, user-friendly CRM software.

Reviewed on 2021/05/10

Great customer service, innovative and forward thinking development team. My experience with MyStudio has always been positive and pleasant from the onset.

Pros

The interface is well thought-out, easy to use, and the features are always evolving. Great value for the price.

Cons

There are very few cons; but even with that, their development team constantly improves on them.

Response from MyStudio

Hello Dayo, Thank you for your review! We are happy that you are with us and we will keep working on the product and service so that you will continue to be pleased!

Zach H.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Great Value!

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

Pros

I love the way our students can utilize this system on their own and not have to have my staff be part of the process every step. Great way to save time.

Cons

It takes a little getting use to the system and understanding how to do the workflow.

Paul Y.
  • Industry: Sports

Great software for martial arts business

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

Pros

Easy to use - user friendly with lots of great options.

Cons

Sometimes you have to wait a little while for customer service. Sometimes you have you figure out "work arounds" for very specific situations.

Sung A.

Mystudio

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

It is the best and affordable service in the industry.

Pros

Constantly improving with updates. It fulfills the needs of changing industry.

Cons

Bugs occur with updates. Sometime the bug prevents us from doing our job.

Glenn M.

A passable studio CRM with some obvious flaws.

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

I've used several studio CRMs - MindBody, ZenPlanner, etc - and they are all, in their own way, awful. MyStudio was recommended to me by a friend, who sold the benefits in terms of clients being able to enroll themselves for memberships, and use a member app to check in. But the self-enrolment benefits are offset by accounting and reporting problems, and a lack of flexibility in membership and product types. The software probably works well for high-throughput karate and TKD dojos, and is likely geared toward them. We stay with it for now because there is nothing obviously better out there, and the hassle of switching back to MindBody, etc, would be more than it is worth.

Pros

Easy to implement. Graphic interface (dashboard) fairly intuitive. Easy to set up / sell events.

Cons

Appointments function is awful. Class types and memberships restrictive and not fully customisable. Poor functionality in reporting, leading to (sometimes expensive) billing and membership errors. Sub-standard smartphone app.

Dong hu K.

Awesome software

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

It is the awesome software I ever used

Pros

Easy and efficient.
More valuable features

Cons

Sometimes hard to connect with customers service. But it’s rare.

Response from MyStudio

Dear Dong Hu, Thank you for your awesome review! We're happy to serve you and your studio!

Geoff M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

Love it. The parents and students find it easy to use!

Pros

Switched to this system to manage my martial arts studio. During Covid, the online curriculum has been invaluable, as well as the number of updates the software gets regularly! The support team is excellent!

Cons

Was a little difficult to on-board students, but was probably due to my understanding of the software.

Response from MyStudio

Hi Geoff, We are so glad that we have been able to serve you especially to get through this pandemic. We'll continue to update the system so it continues to get better and better for you and your team!

Gary V.

MyStudio - Great Tool for any any School

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team have been fantastic. Like any other software or apps, there are bugs but they work with you each and every step.

Pros

I like that it allows my students to access curriculum, events etc. One of the biggest plusses is that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team are always building and making it better.

Cons

That there is a little back-end work. There are some features that other CRM have that MyStudio does not have, but that's ok. For the price and the functionality of MyStudio, hands-down winner.

Gretchen R.
  • Industry: Sports

The best software for martial arts business

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

Integration for my school was simple and managing my school is easier since using My Studio.

Pros

I've used 4 other softwares for our martial arts school and this one actually seems like it was made by another school owner. It is "point and click" easy and my favorite thing is the Dashboard. I can see all my numbers in one place and then dive deeper into them if needed. I am also a fan of the email options that allows me to create custom campaigns and schedule emails. Top two things? No more contacting people when their payment declines. MS sends them an email with a link to update their own card. No more waiting and playing phone tag with my customers. They update the information themselves. Lastly, I wake up to enrollments. People enroll at home (for Summer camp and Memberships) and I didn't have to do anything but set up the inital plans for my school.

Cons

Because it is a newer product, it has alot of updates. Sometimes the customer service reps don't know the answer immediatly. Patience is key.

Jd O.

2 Years In

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

I would say the overall experience has been good, and I am very happy I made the choice to switch to MyStudio.

Pros

The thing I liked most about MyStudio, in the beginning, was the low cost of entry. Once, we implemented the software the customer service was nice, and the software has grown and added new features which are all also nice. The other thing I am quite happy with is the fact that I can get payment processing done as well as get the expensive credit card machines out of my gym.

Cons

What I haven't liked the most has been the slowing down of the customer support, especially as I am a white label member (which is supposed to be like VIP) and sometimes I find it difficult to navigate.

Response from MyStudio

Hi JD, Thanks for sharing about your experience. We are so happy that you are with us. Thanks for being with us as we continued (and continue) to roll out new features, and that's great that you no longer need the credit card machines! We hear your feedback about customer service being slower than before-- we are working on remedying this as we speak and I hope you do not have issues again.

Cliff K.

Best Martial Arts Management Software

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

My experience with MyStudio has been outstanding!

Pros

I use the events feature a lot. Very easy to set up and organizes participants for me. I also use the software to put my curriculum in a place with easy access for my students.

Cons

There nothing specific I found I don’t like. I think it can be a little overwhelming with all the features and getting use to using them.

Annie K.
  • Industry: Sports

Great for users, a bit challenging at times for admins

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

We were a single unit user and then joined an organization that used the software so we chose to migrate our information over to the new organization’s format. There were some major challenges. It was eventually all corrected but not without the frustrations. Spent way too much time in the process.

Pros

The initial start up cost is relatively inexpensive. Setting up payments to pass on credit card fees was a game changer. They are continuing updating features.

Cons

Everything on the back end needs to be done on the website. Formatting is challenging. Merging accounts is not that simple. Sometimes email campaigns once set up doesn’t send so you have to redo the email message.

Thomas A.

Lean and Mean Management

Reviewed on 2021/04/29

Generally, excellent. It's strengths and customer service far out way any current deficiencies.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of it. The fact that it was designed by folks who actually currently work in the industry. The user APP has been a great addition to our customer service and convenience. MyStudio allows for leaner staffing on the administrative end, which is fantastic for my operation. The responsiveness of the team in regards to updates and bug fixes is excellent.

Cons

There are a few areas where it has not yet matured, requiring more work arounds on my part. However, my experience so far is that the product continues to improve each quarter, so I anticipate that to improve over the coming months.

Mark K.

Survey

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

Overall I like My Studio.

Pros

Simplicity and not price gouging. Fairly easy to work.

Cons

It could use some more features to make it better. Checkin system would be nice to see the students attendance days they came in right in front of your eyes on the main page.

Donna P.

Mystudio made my job easier

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

Love MyStudio, It has made my life so much easier. Students can sign up at their convenience on their phones and you can sign up multiple people.
Tracks attendance, can send out bulk emails, etc. Highly recommend them.

Pros

The convenience of students to be able to sign up on their phone, not just on the iPad.

Cons

Does need to be updated a lot and I usually have to reach out for help.

Dave T.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Mystudio

Reviewed on 2021/04/28

I feel that MyStudio has lowered my workload and helped me run things more efficiently

Pros

Its very easy to set up general use and operate on a daily basis

Cons

The pos is not very user friendly. A card slider would make this more usable

Julie Y.

Great for Martial Arts Studios

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

I've enjoyed it so far and look forward to more upgrades.

Pros

Fairly easy to use, inexpensive. There are issues with it, but the staff is always working on improving it.

Cons

Sometimes, it's hard to update things like events and class schedule. The resetting while scrolling is very annoying, as is using csv files.

Response from MyStudio

Hi Julie, Thank you for sharing about your experience and we are happy that you are happy! We've taken your feedback and shared it with our team.

Jin K.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

very easy to use

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

Pros

price is very reasonable and it's very easy to use

Cons

sometimes it's very hard to reach customer service

Thomas J.

Good ideas poorly executed

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

Good for the price. Developers need to spend more time making the current features smoother to operate before adding new features.

Pros

The platform has been getting much better over time. The ability to merge accounts is a great new feature.

Cons

Slow loading. Counter intuitive operation. Lack of options for modifying programs and payments. Transferring members between programs requires a payment to be made even if transferring to a program of the same value.