MyStudio

CRM for managing customer, sales, and products

Adam

Game changer do our business!

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

MyStudio is a fantastic software for martial arts businesses that will save you thousands and make you even more. MyStudio software helped us make extra $100,000 in just the two years since we started using it.

It’s a full featured software with lead tracking, trials, memberships, automated emails, events, rank promotions, event registration, and more.

Best part is you can immediately share URLs for any part of the system like memberships, trials or events and text them to your customers.

That coupled with their amazing mobile app is like the ultimate combo that allows your business to be open literally 24/7 and make you money while providing the most amazing customer experience.

We are being praised again and again by our customers on how easy the mobile app is and how it makes their memberships and events registrations happen without a hitch.

We believe MyStudio is the best platform you can choose for your martial arts school.

Pros

Ease of use.
Mobile app.
We are open for business 24/7.
Customers, parents and students love it!
We save thousands on credit card fees.
All information is in the palm of our customers’ hand.

Cons

MyStudio support is listening to the school owners and keeps improving the product with new features and updates.
They have dedicated support folks and engineers that are there to help if something happens.

Response from MyStudio

Hi Adam, Thank you for your feedback here and for using MyStudio for your three studios!

Sarah

MyStudio Software for Martial Arts School

Reviewed on 2021/05/04

Customer service and availability of the MyStudio team has been exceptional! Through the set up process to the day to day running of our business, their team has been willing to listen and help at every step. We are very pleased with the value MyStudio adds to our business.

Pros

MyStudio has allowed us to seamlessly register students for events, enroll students in classes, manage students rank progression and sell merchandise through multiple point of sales avenues. Their easy to use landing pages have helped us increase our bottom line and streamlined our registration processes.

Cons

There student database is not as robust as software systems we have used in the past. Exporting the student database to create lists in a spreadsheet does not include values that would be very helpful. User interface is sufficient but uninspiring.

Response from MyStudio

Hi Sarah, thanks for your review! We are so happy to hear how happy you are with "seamlessly registering" people for your various offerings. We really are glad that we have helped in increasing your bottom line and streamlining your registration processes. We're taking all of your thoughts and we will share them with our teams as we continue to upgrade the system.

Mark

It works ok, don’t expect miracles of

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

It works ok

It works ok

Pros

Tracks what I need. Allows a customer app section for products

Cons

POS is cumbersome
Can’t change dates on recurring billing.
Can’t enter future billing without charging...so I have to wait and enter it on that specific future day.

Response from MyStudio

Hi Mark, Thank you for sharing your thoughts. A member of our team will be reaching out to learn more about your experience, because I believe we could help make things much better after we speak about your specific concerns.

Thomas

Innovative, easy to use, one stop shop!

Reviewed on 2023/03/29

Overall, without MyStudio, our business would not have survived the pandemic. The ability to enroll members and customers with a url and from the comfort of their own home is unmatched.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to check payments, enroll members all on your mobile device. App features allow for members to easily access their own profile, and make payments, enroll in events and more! Professional, simple, and makes managing a business so much easier.

Cons

Because of the streamlined service and main focus on providing simplicity to a business and members, certain features are not available. However, they are always upgrading their product. Would also like to have a credit card swipe feature

Nicholas
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great product with lots of function that won’t break the bank.

Reviewed on 2022/07/12

Very pleased with MyStudio. This was our 3rd stop on martial arts softwares/CRM and will be last.

Pros

Ease of online sign ups for summer camp along with ability choose weeks and payment plan. Curriculum section for members, easy access for members to all events

Cons

Lack of “registration fee” or “sign up fee” on events with multiple dates- such as summer camp.

Spark Membership

Reasons for Choosing MyStudio

Wanted something with a member app. And price.

Member Solutions

Reasons for Switching to MyStudio

Member app was way ahead, price point much better.
Cristiano

Brings Martial Arts Schools Into The Present

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

MyStudio took 8 separate services, systems, and softwares and combined them into one product for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

The ease of use, implementation, and constant development of their roadmap make this a piece of software that brought our business in-line with the leaders in the fitness industry in terms of accessibility and use of technology.

Cons

Like all SaaS products, it is not "one size fits all", so when you run into an issue their CS chat function takes a long time to get a response. They do have knowledge articles, but they're pretty basic at this point.

Zen Planner and Kicksite

Reasons for Switching to MyStudio

The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has a clear and modern vision along with a commitment to continuously improving the product.

Response from MyStudio

Thank you for your review, Cristiano! We are happy that you are happy. We've taken your feedback and shared it with our team.

PJ s

Keeps me on the mat!

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

Changed the amount of time I would normally spend in the off almost nothing.

Changed the amount of time I would normally spend in the off almost nothing.

Pros

I love how I can send a link to potential customer to be ready to get on the mat as soon as they come in. Then, when they are ready to sign up, its all in the app. Direct interface for the parent/guardian with the studio.

Cons

The back button, checking out events for an individual student. Takes you to the main member screen and have to filter again.

Response from MyStudio

Thank you for your review, PJ s! I love that you shared that it keeps you "on the mat" and that the sign up process for your customers is easy. We see your feedback. If you have more feedback, you can always add it to the product suggestions portal -- it is behind the Rocket icon in the bottom left corner of your control panel in your account. You can go in there and add suggestions and "upvote" others'! We review those and it has a large influence as we do production planning. Thanks again for taking the time to review!

Nicholas

Great product to help run your martial arts school

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

Overall I would highly recommend Mystudio to anyone running a martial arts studio. The value they offer far outweighs any cost to use it.

Pros

Mystudio makes it easy for my members to do just about everything they need. It makes things like selling membership, events, retail and communication simple by having everything kept under one program. With it I don't need a lot of extra employees.

Cons

The team at Mystudio tends to release features that haven't been fully developed. I appreciate them wanting to get new things out but having to deal with the bugs or missing aspects of the feature can be very frustrating at times.

Response from MyStudio

Thanks for your review, Nicholas!

Megan

MyStudio is SUPER Simple

Reviewed on 2021/05/19

Pros

It is a very simple software that doesn't complicate or confuse you. Everything is organized and easy to find and get to. We learned the system ourselves just by clicking around and trying things out. It's definitely affordable too! Exactly what we needed as a small school

Cons

some features like transferring memberships and changing payment prices weren't possible for what we were trying to do.

Response from MyStudio

Thank you for your review, Megan! We are actually working on the payment functionalities that you want now! We look forward to releasing more updates and upgrades to you when they are ready!

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/05/07

Great so far. It was vital to have it during the pandemic.

Great so far. It was vital to have it during the pandemic.

Pros

I like the attendance feature the most. During the pandemic we had to get rid of "attendance cards". No everyone gets checked in with very little issues. I also like the event and membership registration capabilities.

Cons

Glitches occasionally. One time I couldn't check anyones attendance for 3 days straight. Also loading time takes way to long even though we have fast internet. Email cpabilities are very basic. I would like more synching with mail chimp. They feel like a billing company, but they are not. We have to do a lot of money chasing when a client doesn't pay.

Zen Planner, Mindbody and Member Solutions

Reasons for Switching to MyStudio

Pricing and free trial length.

Response from MyStudio

Hello, thank you for your feedback and I'm glad that it's been really helpful during the pandemic. I'm also glad you are utilizing the event and membership registration capabilities! We are continuing to upgrade all of our modules --and considering we are not a billing company, we will take your feedback and continue to look into how we can improve your experience around "money chasing". We truly appreciate your words and hope to continue supporting you through and out of the pandemic!

Wade

Wades Review

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

I'm happy but would like to know how to use it better.

I'm happy but would like to know how to use it better.

Pros

I like it gives the option of passing billing fees or taking them on ourselves. I like the app features great to give information and connect with clients.

Cons

There is no onboarding process where someone teaches you how to use alot of features. There also is no training opportunities you have to learn on your own. I need to watch your training videos but something like just being able to pull up clients birthdays i don't know how to do and don't know if it can be done. So more training for your clients.

Response from MyStudio

Hello Wade, We are so glad to be able to serve you. We've taken your feedback and shared it with our team--we are currently working on more training videos. You are also certainly welcome to book a setup call with our team, or to contact chat support and they can jump on a screenshare call to walk you through functions. We will continue rolling out new upgrades and we look forward to you enjoying them!

Craig
  • Industry: Sports

Great produce for an affordable price.

Reviewed on 2021/05/10

Really good system, easy to use and very affordable for the quality of the product.

Pros

Easy to use and always being improved.

App is good for students ( but a little clunky for check in.

Cons

Work flow and Email marketing/ lead nurture.

Rankings and achievements, would like this to be more flexible and allow us to track achievement “tips” or awards.
Checking in on the app.
Seeing the number of classes students have attended.

SPARK

Reasons for Choosing MyStudio

Not happy with other product

Reasons for Switching to MyStudio

Affordable and had features we liked without breaking the bank.

Response from MyStudio

Thanks for your review, Craig! We look forward to releasing more upgrades and updates to you!

James

Great value and always getting better

Reviewed on 2022/07/19

It's been easy to use and our staff and members enjoy it

It's been easy to use and our staff and members enjoy it

Pros

It's easy to use and works well. It's not full of features we wouldn't use

Cons

There's not much I don't like. I wish the processing fees were better

Response from MyStudio

Thank you very much for your honest review!

Kirsten

My Experience with MyStudio for my very first business

Reviewed on 2022/08/08

I enjoyed my time with MyStudio and I know there are some issues but for the most part, I'm happy with the product and plan to renew for next year.

Pros

I love the customer service, with all my dumb questions they are always patient with me and get to the bottom of issues.
The format is super nice as administrator, for client management, automatic payments, the trigger for late payments, email us (how its also sent to other emails so I don't miss it), the website template, and billing schedule, the cash flow, and many more features I can't list at the moment.

I can't imagine running my business without it.

Cons

Updates - I would like more notice of any updates to the software, like via text or email. This notice is to double-check the client's accounts to confirm the payment is correct.

For the website template, I would like the option to run google ads but it requires coding which the website template does not provide. IF MyStudio can fix that issue that would be great!

The processing fees, I think the rate is too high and MyStudio should look into another payment processing service because I found way cheaper options but they were not compatible with MyStudio at the time.

Events/Product Links - When we were selling digital products or any products through the MyStudio, when we shared the link it came up "suspicious, spammy, and malicious" to customers that deferred them away from purchasing. Which was very frustrating as a business owner.

The only thing I don't understand is why my other coaches and students claimed that they don't like MyStudio or use it and I'm not sure why. I've asked them but there are no notes about anything they can change. This is frustrating because I enjoy MyStudio.

Response from MyStudio

Thank you for your honest review. We see your feedback and our product team will keep it in mind as we continue to roll out new updates to the various parts of the system.

Muzammil
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Amazing & Great Software, I just love it

Reviewed on 2021/06/19

I've used several studio CRMs - MindBody, ZenPlanner, etc - and they are all, in their own way, awful. MyStudio was recommended to me by a friend, who sold the benefits in terms of clients being able to enroll themselves for memberships, and use a member app to check in. But the self-enrolment benefits are offset by accounting and reporting problems, and a lack of flexibility in membership and product types. The software probably works well for high-throughput karate and TKD dojos, and is likely geared toward them. We stay with it for now because there is nothing obviously better out there, and the hassle of switching back to MindBody, etc, would be more than it is worth.

Pros

MyStudio saves me such a lot of time. I used to go through with new preliminaries to such an extent. I expected to plan them to come in and go over all alternatives and pursue the participation. It was to such an extent. Presently, it does everything consequently after I set up all messages and data clients need to have to be a part. All customers can utilize their cell phones to enroll or think about the program through the application. It is so natural to utilize anyplace any place they go.

Cons

Was somewhat hard to on-board understudies, however was most likely because of my comprehension of the product.

Response from MyStudio

Hello Muzammil, thank you for providing a review! I see it's been a while since you shared your feedback, and we have launched a lot of new upgrades to the system. We hope those new upgrades have helped to alleviate any of the issues you had last year.

Jim
  • Industry: Sports

MyStudio just gets better and better!

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

Fantastic experience. Offering the opportunity for potential clients to just sign up from the App (or the URL they also provide) has not only saved us a tremendous amount of time but it has also saved us money. The front desk kiosk feature has all but done away with having to require a front desk person.

Pros

That they keep the end user (my members) experience in mind first. This make my business look professional and stand out from my competitors.

Cons

Nothing really. When MyStudio first released (2018?) they were missing some options I would have liked, BUT they were constantly updating and improving the needs and requirements of users and that is impressive and appreciated.

Response from MyStudio

Hi Jim, what a pleasure it is to hear about your experience with us, for so many years! Thank you for being on the journey with us and embracing the easy registration links and app for your customers! We are so happy that you are happy!

Tony
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Mpk review

Reviewed on 2023/03/30

Positive

Positive

Pros

Customer service and support is great. .

Cons

I would like to see all tool combined combined. Get rid of events and memberships as separate tools and allow users to build on their own

Steven

MyStudio saved my business

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

I love my studio. I love that I pay the entire year up front each year forgoing the onerous monthly billing of other like companies

Pros

I love the ability to pass on credit card fees to my customers as well as track attendance and use their point of sale feature

Cons

The only negative is that because there is so much that this software offers it takes time to understand how to navigate its numerous features

Response from MyStudio

Thank you for your review, Steven! We are thankful for you and being able to serve you. Our team is available if you would like to sit down to discuss how to use features - you can reach us on chat or at [email protected]. We also have webinars that you could attend live or watch playbacks of, that go into strategies to incorporate the system into your operations to make things easier/faster. Here is a link to our previous Customer Success Webinars: https://bit.ly/mystudiocswebinars. Thanks again!

Conor

MyStudio Review

Reviewed on 2022/07/15

Settling into MyStudio has taken time to get used to and the software continues to evolve for the better. It has allowed our business to save money and simplify our software.

Pros

Ability to save money as we grow our business and it has a clean look.

Cons

Onboarding was a lengthy process and took several months. Glitches here and there that required workarounds. However, the support team is always responsive and MyStudio has done a great job at helping.

Zen Planner

Reasons for Choosing MyStudio

Zenplanner was costing too much as we grew and was not specialized for martial arts gyms like MyStudio. We were recommended to MyStudio by a fellow friend and mma coach and gym owner.

Reasons for Switching to MyStudio

Processing fees, costs, recommended.
Gretchen
  • Industry: Sports

Best Software we have used!

Reviewed on 2023/06/29

Overall - this is the best software we have ever used and they keep coming up with more updates and upgrades.

Pros

Integration was SEAMLESS! This has always been the most difficult in using a new software but MS makes it easy. You can customize memberships and events to your liking so it is very flexible as well.

Cons

I am not very tech savvy so for me some things are not self-explanatory just by logging in but I believe it is because of the advanced options of this software. If i'm every unsure, I just reach out to the Customer Service team and they answer all of my questions!

taehwan
  • Industry: Consumer Services

You must have MyStudio for your business!

Reviewed on 2023/06/28

I don't have anything else to think about switching other software but keeping MyStudio. MyStudio offers everything that I need for my business.

Pros

Mystudio has been so helpful ever since we decided to use it. Especially, managing trials and memberships has been so much easier such as enrolling memberships, and following trials with automated emails and text. over 90% of our membership has been through customers' phones using MyStudio App. No more Paper!!!

Cons

MyStudio has been great most time. MySutio has lots of tools to customize what you need for your business. I feel like I use 10% of what MyStudio offers...

Craig

Not fancy but effective

Reviewed on 2022/07/20

Overall great. Mainly because I have been with them since the rollout and have watched them improve it. It is always getting better. Cant wait for the website feature for multiple schools.

Pros

The software makes it easy for students to connect at any time, purchase at any time. It is simple.

Cons

Some features don’t link well so you end up with multiple contacts that are the same. Retail fulfillment has to be done one item at a time.

Response from MyStudio

Thank you very much for your honest review. We are continuously improving the system. The ability to clean up/merge participants was released this summer. We also look forward to releasing the website for multi-locations :)

Herman
  • Industry: Consumer Services

My studio grows bigger by the day

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

organization

organization

Pros

parents like it and registrations are gold with this app. On everything from merchandise to testing events and even membership enrollment with trail links for costumer use.

Cons

There are a lot of things to work out and sometimes it's a run around to get answers and its a challenge that aspect of your business. Its most challenges honestly.

Response from MyStudio

Thanks so much for your review, Herman!

Thomas

Lean and Mean Management

Reviewed on 2021/04/29

Generally, excellent. It's strengths and customer service far out way any current deficiencies.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of it. The fact that it was designed by folks who actually currently work in the industry. The user APP has been a great addition to our customer service and convenience. MyStudio allows for leaner staffing on the administrative end, which is fantastic for my operation. The responsiveness of the team in regards to updates and bug fixes is excellent.

Cons

There are a few areas where it has not yet matured, requiring more work arounds on my part. However, my experience so far is that the product continues to improve each quarter, so I anticipate that to improve over the coming months.

Response from MyStudio

Hello Thomas, We are so glad to be able to serve you and are happy that you are happy! We will continue rolling out new upgrades and we look forward to you enjoying them!

Joshua

Mystudio saves us money

Reviewed on 2023/06/29

Pros

We like the online registration tools and the ability to communicate much more effectively with customers.

Cons

Some features that have been advertised as coming soon 2 years ago, have still not come out such as quickbooks integration.