GoTo Webinar

4,5 (2 055)
Video conferencing and webinar hosting for large events

(2 055)

2055 Reviews

Ganapathy
Ganapathy
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

GoToWebinar: User review

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

I attend/host both professional and personal webinars (e.g. business conferences & family reunions) using this software and I have yet to be disappointed by poor performance.

Pros

This is both a secure & efficient software to reach a vast audience anywhere in the world especially in the COVID-19 times that we currently live in. I love the high quality of both audio & video using this software every time I attend a webinar.

Cons

Some users have mentioned that it works better with some Internet browsers than others but I have at least 3 different browsers on my Windows 10 laptop and they all work just fine with this software. Perhaps it is specific to a Windows 7 or Mac issue?

Joey
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used for 2+ years

Webinar Hosting Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

The software was easy to learn and the user interface is intuitive. Features were easily accessible and icons were self explanatory to any person who grew up in the age of smart phones and the internet. I was able to launch the webinar without any prior training and hosted my very first webinar ever without a hitch. GoTo Webinar has the ability to keep track of attendees' engagement, record presentations, poll the audience, generate analytics, switch between presenters and speakers/ panelists seamlessly. The platform is also nice because attendees can join the webinar without downloading software, they just simply click on a link that can be emailed through an automated system or a traditional URL. We had attendees on mobile devices, tablets (ipads), etc. so it's a pretty versatile platform.

Cons

Some features can only be unlocked by increasing the membership tier. The basic subscription is already pretty pricey and does not have access to many of the "premium" features such as embedded videos and maximum number of attendees and available registration slots.

Webex, Adobe Connect and Google Meet

Webex, Adobe Connect and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Webinar

Features available for the cost of membership. My company already had an existing account with GoTo Meeting, so we were able to get a bundle deal with GoTo Meeting and GoTo Webinar.
  • Industry: Publishing

Software reliable, API is flaky, Support is Worse

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

We love the reliability. We run a weekly webinar and over the past 9 years have done 210 webinars, with a good attendance. Let down by the API and very poor support, which seems worse since the LogMeIn purchase. Now starting to look for alternative webinar solutions.

Pros

I have been using GotoWebinar software for the past 9 years and have found the basic service to be very reliable and have done over 210 webinars using it.
The video functionality that they have recently added has been a good addition.
Over the years that have made it easier for people to dial in, we get few problems.
They also offer a phone dial in number for people to listen to the webinar audio.

Cons

- The API is the worst API that we have used. Most products provide a simple REST API with a reasonable amount of instructions. The Gotowebinar API is badly documented and is difficult to work with. Just found out that the current API expires on 31 Jan 2019 and you have to move to Oauth2 - a costly migration.
- Support for the API is awful. In November we were unable to use the API for 10 days.
- The chat function is limited - we developed a chat room to run alongside GotoWebinar, but cannot integrate it with the webinar software
- Takes a while to convert the recording

Zedekiah
Zedekiah

Brace yourself with an epic tool for all your virtual needs

Reviewed on 2023/11/09

I have really had a blissful experience with Goto Webinar. Event planning and hosting was a real nightmare that really needed a lot of money and burning of the midnight oil. But with GoTo webinar we are able to plan and launch succesful virtual conference, workshops and event without much hassles. We really love it here

Pros

Goto webinar is an epic tool that set itself apart from others of it's kind in the market. It is super easy to setup and implement in any organization of any size. Also it's interface is impeccably intuitive and friendly making it soo easy to plan and launch any event or conferences as well as for the attendees to join. Over time I have learnt to pay a little extra for convenience and trust me the conveniency and flexibility we get from GoTo Webinar is unmatched. We can join meetings from anywhere. It gives us similar experience as those of physical conferences because it accommodates a large number of attendees and many panelist as well. Also the attendees can engage with panelist on realtime for clarifications through chats and even when using presentation tools. Also the livestreams are recorded for later references. GoTo Webinar is a real deal for all our virtual conferences needs

Cons

There is literally nothing I have found wrong with GoTo Webinar it's doing what we got it to do

Charlotte
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Perfect Solution for Collaboration on and off network

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

Overall this tool allows us to reach a greater audience with ease and we have had a lot of success with people logging in from home or at the office to tune in. I like the ease of use and the results we have had!

Pros

I think that the ability to use GoToWebinar both on and off network is great because we host weekly training sessions across the nation for people at home or at various companies. We haven't had any connection issues and the interface is intuitive and user friendly. Pulling reports on attendees or viewing how many people are registered are a breeze with the option to pull .csv or .xls. You can easily share screen, see the attendee view, add in polls, chat function for questions, etc. I like that all webinars are recorded and you can share them out afterwards. The ability to schedule/change/cancel reoccurring webinars is nice too! Easy to figure out without a user guide which is a plus!

Cons

When you pull reports for for attendees you aren't able to pull by parameters, it is just a set report. For example, we have a recorded webinar that we send out to people and weekly I need to view for new applicants - I would like to pull the report based on specific dates but I can only pull the report as is (a giant list of everyone that has ever viewed the webinar). For my purposes its only a minor inconvenience but more capability in this area could provide more insights.

Bernadette

GoToWebinar is Reliable, Stable and Cost Effective

Reviewed on 2023/03/24

We use GoToWebinar at least once a week and sometimes more. As a non-profit, we watch our dollars and GoToWebinar, although not the cheapest, is reasonably priced and includes an unlimited video library and a license for GoToMeeting. We have been using it since 2018 and it definitely provides the capability we need to present online meetings and events to our membership and beyond.

Pros

We chose GoToWebinar because it is a stable and secure platform. Webinars and events are easy to set up and it included GoToMeeting at no additional cost.

Cons

Since the pandemic, Zoom has become the standard and most presenters are familiar with Zoom and less familiar with GoToWebinar, so practices are usually required to familiarize the presenters. Attendees are also used to having reaction emojis, which are not included in GoToWebinar and a third party software is needed to add a different background.

Zoom Events and Webinar

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Webinar

Based on recommendations of others, I chose GoToWebinar.
Kate
Kate

Good for hosting webinars and training

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

It’s among the best webinar and virtual meeting software platforms. I recommend it and will keep using it unless another platform can do the same thing for a lower price.

Pros

GoToWebinar is easy to use from the get-go, the learning curve is very short. It makes setting up a webinar very simple and you can share events in a variety of ways. That makes it easy to get the word out about your events and it integrates nicely with other products, like Pardot and website platforms.

Cons

Sometimes it’s confusing to know what level of service you have, and it’s not always clear if a feature is included in your subscription or not. It would be nice if they took excluded features out (based on your service agreement) or made it clear what’s included in you subscription and what’s not when you’re setting up an event. We also have multiple people using a corporate account and the notifications get out of control sometimes.

Ashwinkumar
Ashwinkumar
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

best in class webinar app

Reviewed on 2022/12/29

fine , fantastic and satisfactory in all sense. I would industry uses to give a try and the audio video options will leave you wanting for more. It has a seamless and friendly functionality to most needs for online webinars

Pros

automated webinar is a great function for people joining across departments ; also on demand webinars is an icing on the cake and are functional features to relay upon. Makes scheduling a primary app to be used for. I would goto this app ever

Cons

it lacks unique contact list, in some cases this is a troublesome job, but otherwise rest for me and a multi-tasker for me is all ok

Craige Hardel
Craige Hardel
  • Industry: Market Research

Good flexible solution

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

does the job for us although the pricing could be a bit more convenient

Also it would be nice if...

does the job for us although the pricing could be a bit more convenient

Also it would be nice if we didn't have to download a software for most to jump on our webinars

Pros

Works well and doesn't crash unlike others. They've been around for a while and compared to the others they're quite quality

Cons

Price point. Although we started using it but it would be nice if they offered a cheaper tier

We pay for it but they may get competition soon

WebinarNinja

WebinarNinja

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Webinar

Seemed more thorough and complete despite not having the sexiest ui
Linsay

GoTo Webinar for Webinars

Reviewed on 2024/01/05

Pros

GoTo Webinar works well for hosted webinars and trainings similar to other platforms, like Zoom.

Cons

I don't really have any cons for GoTo Webinar. I think it works for what I need it for.

• Industry: Information Services
  • Used for 2+ years

With ongoing use, you will learn how to use it

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

We use GoToWebinar to host educational sessions with our clients or leads. If you're an experienced user, the platform does everything you need it to do. It also integrates nicely with our email management platform and takes the burden off of manually managing registrations and confirmations.

Pros

All organizer controls are readily accessible when you host your event. Everything is located on the right hand column so you can toggle between boxes for whatever function is required. The newly designed dashboard makes it easier to see at a glance upcoming events. Creating an event is simple and integration with our email management system was seamless. The automatic confirmation emails that are sent to registrants are also one less thing we have to worry about during our webinar registration process.

Cons

When you first host your event, the controls can be intimidating. The boxes are piled on one another and it's not straightforward as to what each control does unless you've had prior experience running an event or reviewed their resources to understand how to operate everything. While the labels of the function provide some context, it would be helpful if a "?" hover option was available so users know what each feature does while you're in an event. Chatting during an event is also a concern. You'll have to be very careful to select who you want your message to go to.

Zoom Events and Webinar

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Webinar

GoToWebinar was within our budget and offered the necessary functions needed to host our events.
Kimani
Kimani
  • Industry: Accounting

GoTo Webinar always put a smile on our faces by exceptionally executing our events

Reviewed on 2023/11/07

GoTo webinar is a game changer for all our virtual events needs. It is soo excellent that I feel like we are having a one to one physical event

Pros

GoTo webinar's cost effectiveness, user-friendliness and ease to setup and use are exceptional making it accessible by all users across the organization . GoTo webinar is suitable for our organizational need for it can handle large numbers of attendees. It is also customizable in such away that it allows for customization of webinars or workshops with branding and polls. Webinars can be recorded in session and then shared with attendees for later references. I appreciate the high quality of videos and audios that we experience when using Goto Webinar for online events. Also the presenters can engage and interact with the audience through a real time chat making it even more fun. Mobile accessibility makes it an ultimately convenient tool that allow attendees join the meeting from anywhere as long as there is internet connectivity

Cons

Technical issues occuring during the webinar especially in the case of internet connection problem that brings about video or audio issues

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

This is an effective old-school technology for online events

Reviewed on 2022/03/24

Using GoToWebinar to host large-scale meetings and training sessions has been around for a long time. For both internal and external use, it is excellent. There are a lot of firms out there, but GoToWebinar is one of the oldest and most well-tested. With our clients and staff, we utilize GoToWebinar because it doesn't require a lot of software to run, and the online version works just as well.

Pros

For meetings of 50 to 100 persons during the pandemic, we used this platform. We appreciate the ease with which the presenter can be given control of the presentation from the organizer's control panel. Useful reporting and recording options are available after the event, and they're simple to use. It takes minimal time and effort to set up an event. It's not designed for two-way communication, but it's excellent for one-way presentations. There is great value in the webinar recordings and analytics, which reveal how many people listened and watched. After the event, surveys are an excellent method to collect instant and actionable feedback from those who attended. It comes with 500 people as standard and is less expensive than competing platforms. Yes, I would suggest this platform to others.

Cons

You can't fast-forward or rewind the video to go to a previous point. It restarts from the beginning if you exit and reopen it. The only way to utilize it is to play and pause. It's also worth noting that when video playing begins, the panelists' microphones are automatically silenced. Even though they can unmute, panelists who wish to discuss videos in meetings may run into this issue if they forget.

Bernice

GoTo Webinar is my Go To online Webinars

Reviewed on 2023/07/21

Pros

GoTo Webinar is reliable, cost effective and stable. It’s easy to download, very clear the audio and video is in HD, does not buffer, it’s a great tool for those webinars or trainings with large groups. It’s very handy when it comes to engagements with the attendees as you’re able to conduct polls and get comments during the meetings or training sessions. I like the fact that I’m able to use from any device, eg smartphone, tablet, laptop etc. you do not need to download the tool for participants but instead you can use the web version, how cool! GoTo Webinar is very secure and does not display personal information- data protection is top notch. Recording feature is my favorite, this helps me keep records. Mute on entry option helps bring orderliness to the meetings.

Cons

GoTo Webinar is the best thing that has happened to me. I can’t imagine my life without this tool now. Simply the BEST

Wambui
Wambui
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Simplicity at the very best. GoTo Webinar is very ideal for online events.

Reviewed on 2023/10/17

The experience has been super amazing just to say the least. We found a safe and reliable virtual room where we can always go to when facilitating our online events and webinars. It makes it easy for us to host public awareness campaigns virtually to educate and talk to the public about issues concerning hygiene and sanitation.

Pros

We appreciate GoTo Webinar a lot in our organization for the excellent services it offers us when facilitating online events and webinars. It is easy to use and we have never struggled to host and attend events with it. We also appreciate how it allows us to have lively events by making it easy for us to interact and engage with the audience. Plus GoTo Webinar is very good at giving information and conversations the security and privacy required to meet our security compliance guidelines.

Cons

GoTo Webinar has a been a key and very reliable solution for us and all i have seen with it is pure class. Nothing to complain at all.

Justinas

Very useful tool with fast support team and more..

Reviewed on 2023/02/04

This platform, which is excellent for one-on-one meetings and webinars, comes highly recommended. It's simple to use and performs admirably on all gadgets. Even the least technically savvy folks quickly pick up how to use it. Additionally, Clickmeeting offers excellent technical support. All errors are quickly fixed, and we are informed as customers of any unfavorable occurrences.

Pros

It provides all the functions you require, is well-designed, and is intuitive. I also value their assistance and the range of manuals they provide because they make online sessions more formal.

Timothy
Timothy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

GoTo Webinar is Unmatched, the Leader!

Reviewed on 2022/11/17

Pros

I use it for meetings and training for my agents, I like GoTo Webinar as I’m able to share my screens when am training online and it’s easy for my agents to learn as the watch what I’m training. Recording feature is a brilliant idea especially when you wan to keep records or share with those colleagues or friends who didn’t make it to join the meeting, this helps make sure no one misses on anything. It can accommodate a large number of attendees unlike some competitors. It’s user friendly and self explanatory, no need for training, language used is clear for Al to comprehend. Customer services is prompt and dedicated to offer any assistance and to leave you satisfied. Great quality audio and video. We’re able to schedule many Webinars at the same time and it’s unlimited per month. Chat box option helps those who don’t wish to talk air their views on the chat space where everyone else can read.

Cons

It’s brilliant, reliable. Efficient and effective. No challenges experienced, try it and you’ll like it

Ravinder
Ravinder
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

A reliable tool to deliver live webinars and trainings

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

We use it for training, remote team meetings, conference calls, and deliverable presentation to our clients.

Pros

GoToWebinar is one of the most widely used tools for live webinars, to deliver online training, product demos, live streams, and online meetings. It is easy to use and has a simple and intuitive user interface. It works via an app or can be directly accessed via a web browser without downloading any app. Multistreaming, option to enable/disable microphone of the audiences, meeting recording, screen presentation, noise reduction, and voice clarity are some of the features I really like. These features play a vital role when you have to deliver training to a huge audience. GoToWebinar Mobile app is really helpful in scenarios where your traveling and you need to attend training. Voice clarity is excellent.

Cons

GoToWebinar is a reliable tool and I didn’t find any limitations. You would observe some lag in a video presentation if you are on a slow internet connection.

keith
keith
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

My go to videoconferencing tool

Reviewed on 2023/06/07

Pros

I love how it’s easy to download and use. The video and audio quality is HD, very audible and clear. Very easy to switch between desktop and mobile app. GoTo Webinar is very suitable for holding conferences and online courses for large groups as it’s able to accommodate large numbers, and also at the end of the training asks for polls and comments which are very handy to know about the engagement, where to improve etc. Fairly priced. Customized registration forms is very effective. The panelist is able to engage the audience with questions, also mute the audience to make sure there is conducive environment for the meeting. The audience who wish to speak are able to raise the hands up to be unmuted

Cons

Brilliant tool. I highly recommended to all formal and informal users

Leonard

Hosting seminars made easy

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Pros

GoToWebinar is a fantastic service if you're looking to present to a large group of people. You have the ability for your clients to interact with the seminar in the event that you want to make sure your employees attend the meeting. I have never had a GoToWebinar disconnect from the internet, even very poor connections can handle GoToWebinar. I have setup and hosted many different seminars and GoToWebinar has to be at the top of my list.

Cons

My cons come from troubleshooting GoToWebinars inside a restricted network. More than likely you'll have to make sure all your users can run GoToWebinar on their computers/laptops. This can raise questions if you're monitoring what sites are whitelisted on your network. There was also a big limitation on users accessing GoToWebinar with Group Policy restrictions. The launcher will more than likely trigger your policy if you limit the programs your employees are allowed to run. This only applies to users who run the software while on the domain. Otherwise GoToWebinar is a fantastic service.

Anerlisa
Anerlisa
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

GoTo Webinar is the real Deal.

Reviewed on 2023/11/01

Pros

GoTo Webinar is easy to use, download and set up. Setting up webinars and meetings is pretty easy and the good thing is that participants do not need to install anything, they can use the web version which is straight to the point. Its compatible from any device eg smartphone, laptop, desktop name them, this means you can access from anywhere at anytime. GoTo Webinar is favourable especially when you have a big audience, we use it for our AG meetings , trainings etc. I love how interactive it is, panelists can ask questions and even conduct polls among the participants. GoTo Webinat stores the session recordings which are available for download, this acts as backup.

Cons

Nothing to dislike, well done GoTo Webinar

dishant
dishant

Organising many webinars successfully

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

I use this software to do a weekly webinar with our clients. Through this software, we can interact with a lot of people at the same time. They can ask us questions, and we can easily communicate with them and solve their queries. We are also using it to connect with our remote employees.

Pros

GoToWebinar is a fantastic tool to host online webinars. It is pretty straightforward to get started. You can sign up in the software very quickly and begin organising great webinars.

The best feature which I liked the most about GoToWebinar is that we can send live questionnaire about the concept or theme of the webinar or we can directly talk to them about any issue faced during that time. In this manner, we get complete control over the webinar.

There are cases when someone is not able to attend a webinar due to some reason. In GoToWebinar, we can have a recorded copy of the webinar directly stored in our dashboard and then, we can also share the link with the participants of the webinar who were not present at the time it was being broadcasted. They can watch them through that link.

It automatically sends the webinar reminder to all the attendees just a few minutes before the webinar starts.

Cons

One thing which I would like to mention is to keep the chats scrolling automatically just like in the case of YouTube.

Sometimes, when I am taking coding cases, I would like to see the code on the webinar attendee's screen to correct or debug the code. So, I would love to see a video conferencing type feature to be added.

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

GoToWebinar- great if you have a large group attending your presentation

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

GoToWebinar helped us edit the content of our presentations, pertaining to the feedback we gained from our attendees. It was fairly easy to use and our clients were all familiar with the software so we never had issues with them not knowing what to do when logging in.

Pros

What I liked most about GoToWebinar's software is that when we were putting together a presentation, it allowed us to invite hundreds of people. We were presenting to various sister hotels and knew we would have a large group that would exceed that of GoToMeeting's capacity, and I believe GoToWebinar had a limit of 1000 attendees at the time, which was more than we needed, but great to know we had the flexibility to invite more. It was also super helpful that attendees had to register to attend, allowing us to see exactly how many people were actually opening their invitations and interested in attending. Once we saw a general estimate of how many people would attend, we could tailor our presentation to make it more generic vs specific in order to address a larger group. The reporting functionality is by far the best feature for us as a sales team. We could see who came, who did the polls, how interested the attendees were, and poll results. It was eye opening for us to see that although we had a large turnout, the interest wasn't as great as we had expected. From that experience, we were able to analyze and re-evaluate the content of our next presentation based off of feedback we received.

Cons

I was a sales manager using the software so this didn't apply to me, but I do know that the GM did not like how expensive it was. He would often complain about the cost, but it wasn't enough for us to get rid of the software because we valued the information we gathered while using it.

Silas
Silas
  • Industry: Higher Education

GoTo Webinar is Reliable, Fast and User Friendly

Reviewed on 2022/11/29

Pros

We use it for online training in our college especially when sharing screens and presenting visual information. Video quality is excellent and audio is audible and very clear, no buffing and lagging. Recording meetings is an excellent feature for keeping records. GoTo Webinar integrates well with other systems. Its user friendly and all can access with no hitches. Customer service is very prompt at responding to queries and offering assistance. It can hold many occupants for an online meeting. Love the reporting feature available almost immediately after the post webinar. I have never experienced unstable connection that means its very efficient for meetings, even with poor connectivity it delivers.

Cons

I love GoTo Webinar, I have been using it close to 4 years and I have no regrets

Gabriela
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

GoToWebinar it's a wonderful tool for spreading knowledge

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

It is extremely useful in learning environments such as training where you don't necessarily have to be there physically, or interacting with our colleagues in real time, or interacting with a customer where we have to demonstrate our services. Super cost and time efficient.

Pros

I have worked as a Administrative Coordinator for quite some time and I am familiar with the GoToWebinar platform. I was scheduling online and video conferences for my company's managers and our customers. This platform it's very user-friendly, can be learned in an instance, it's easy to manage and does not require IT support or expertise, it is simple to enter a webinar without worrying about any system requirements. The process of signing up and getting started with the platform was very quick and easy. The webinars can also be recorded and watched later. GoToWebinar it's a wonderful tool for spreading knowledge.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I immediately wish was different. I've never experienced any glitches while using GoToWebinar and overall have had a positive experience.