1 351 reviews

GoToWebinar

Video conferencing and webinar hosting for large events

1 351 reviews
Courtney G.

GoTo Webinar Review

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Overall going from Webex to GoTowebinar was great because we were able to go from something that was not updated with the times to something that was more current.

Pros

It is a very seamless tool and very straight to not only implant into the business, but also understand how to use it.

Cons

Just like with any tool there is always limitations and nothing is every perfect. Occasionally we would have connection issues, but not to much beyond that.

Matthew B.

Still the best webinar software out there in terms of overall functionality

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

We used it for lead generation and product sales. Most of the time the webinars worked without a hitch. It was great to have a lead capture function that we could tie in with the software so we can capture leads through social ads.

Pros

It incorporates lead gen and a professional webinar setup. A lot of people are familiar with how a GTW broadcast works so I believe its show up rate is higher than other platforms.

Cons

The price. For a small business it is a much more expensive option than say...Zoom. It's worth the money but if your budget is tight you might want to look at other options.

Heather R.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Extremely Functional

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Pros

The features are extensive. The functionality is usable and broad

Cons

If you are doing multiple back-to-back webinars (virtual conference format), it is not possible to be logged on to more than one session at a time, so a second account is needed to allow for set-up time with remote presenters without causing a lag in the conference.

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

GoToWebinar- great if you have a large group attending your presentation

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

GoToWebinar helped us edit the content of our presentations, pertaining to the feedback we gained from our attendees. It was fairly easy to use and our clients were all familiar with the software so we never had issues with them not knowing what to do when logging in.

Pros

What I liked most about GoToWebinar's software is that when we were putting together a presentation, it allowed us to invite hundreds of people. We were presenting to various sister hotels and knew we would have a large group that would exceed that of GoToMeeting's capacity, and I believe GoToWebinar had a limit of 1000 attendees at the time, which was more than we needed, but great to know we had the flexibility to invite more. It was also super helpful that attendees had to register to attend, allowing us to see exactly how many people were actually opening their invitations and interested in attending. Once we saw a general estimate of how many people would attend, we could tailor our presentation to make it more generic vs specific in order to address a larger group. The reporting functionality is by far the best feature for us as a sales team. We could see who came, who did the polls, how interested the attendees were, and poll results. It was eye opening for us to see that although we had a large turnout, the interest wasn't as great as we had expected. From that experience, we were able to analyze and re-evaluate the content of our next presentation based off of feedback we received.

Cons

I was a sales manager using the software so this didn't apply to me, but I do know that the GM did not like how expensive it was. He would often complain about the cost, but it wasn't enough for us to get rid of the software because we valued the information we gathered while using it.

One of the best web-based meeting platforms on the market

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

If you cannot determine it already - I'm a HUGE fan of this tool. I believe they are a frontrunner of the technology and hopefully will continue to be so.

Pros

What don't I like is a better question. The software is flexible, user friendly, and it seems the engineers thought of everything. It takes some practice to get the hang of it, especially if you are the host and/or co-host and plan to change hosting roles in the middle of a meeting; nevertheless it is one of the best tools of its kind I've worked with and well worth the money. There are so many features from how you schedule meetings through video versus audio only, recording options, sharing screens or documents and even creating documents in the presentation. It's a fabulous tool to support business. Also customer service is amazing - I had an emergency 5 minutes before a meeting was about to start and called for help. The rep was able to get me up and running in time for the meeting.

Cons

The cost can be prohibitive for non-profits, which is what I mostly consult with, however, they have (at least in the past) priced for non-profits and/or you can typically find discounts through other sources.

Tiffany B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Attend Presentations Without Leaving Your Desk!

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

GoToWebinar is effective and saves my company a lot of money and resources. We are able to participate in Webinars from across the country instead of physically sending people to those locations. We also are able to bring people into our presentations and meetings from all over because it expands our access. this tool is vital to sharing best practices with other Local Health Departments both in our own state and other states across the USA!

Pros

The best thing about GoToWebinar is that I am able to participate in webinars from all over the country. As an educator, I'm always looking for the best information and how I can apply that knowledge to my specific work. The information and resources I have access to locally doesn't compare with what's available on a national level. GoToWebinar allows me to gain information way cheaper through webinars verses flying out of state to attend a conference. It saves a lot of money, time, and resources. Not only does it expand my scope as a participant but as a presenter it allows my information to penetrate much further than a conference room or auditorium!

Cons

This software is very conducive to PowerPoint presentations and slides with a presenter but is harder to navigate for a presentation where you want more interaction and collaboration. There is a chat feature but I don't find that to be a very effective tool for activities such as brainstorming.

Thomas W.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Software Review - GoToWebinar

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

My overall experience with using GoToWebinar is that it is very straightforward to use for anyone. Depending on overall quality of the stream, it seems to me like it would be a great tool for expanding your reach for your business or creative ventures. I've seen a lot of content creators use it regularly, which makes me confident in the quality of the software.

Pros

The things that I liked most about this software was that it made it really user-friendly to work with. I have used GoToWebinar about four different times within the past year, and it has ran smooth to little to no hang-ups (depending on internet connection).

The quality of the video stream, along with the layout of the program makes me want to start consider using this program more if I saw myself bet heavily into doing webinars and similar streaming.

Liked the functionality of the chat/members box, as it made it easy to send messages, either public to the whole group or as a personal message to the team broadcasting.

Overall, this program seems like a great resource for content creators for streaming webinars, and similar methods of reaching their desired target audience.

Cons

Didn't really find anything I didn't like about this software. During my time using it, it has served my purpose well.

Sharon S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Invaluable tool for a global organization

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

GoToWebinar kept our teams in sync around the world.

Pros

As a part of a global training team, we used this tool everyday to talk to our partners both domestically and internationally. It was easy to setup meetings across timezones and with multiple users.

Cons

At times it would seem that the id of the host of ther meeting might get "hung up" in a meeting and we could not exit. The help desk could always assist though.

Jordan F.

Jordan's Review

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

good for what it is but isn't my favorite webcam video to use

Pros

use it once a week for all of the meetings, really like it for what it is and is a good alternative to ring

Cons

kind of is used by me as a backup solution to ring and zoom. Is good if one of those is down not working

Jonathan G.

Next-Gen Tele-Presenting

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Pros

As a User who would set up meetings or attend "webinars" presented by other industry professionals, GoToWebinar is the next generation of telecommuting. Directed to use this as an employee, this was an incredible tool to learn more from industry insiders and successful companies to be able to ask questions in real-time chat, participate in polls, and be able to revisit the "show" at later times. As the employer using this, GoTo was an immensely helpful tool in presenting our findings and creating the overall conversation locale for business meetings. Whether through live camera feed or screen share, this tool was incredibly helpful.

Cons

Without too many complaints, sometimes there were occasional hiccups in the start/beginning stages of a call. Once issues were discovered and "fixed" the show would go on without a hitch, but we could have run into a number of issues. That may be browser hang-ups, lack of video but with accompanying audio or vice versa, and seldom, lag. Overall, very efficient.

John F.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Simple on the consumer side, nothing overly special

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

Would recommend for any large speaker event, conference webinar, or one directional presentation. No fancy features for the attendee but that isn’t really necessary. Has always been reliable in my experience.

Pros

Very simple tool for those looking to hold a conference like meeting or webinar to a mass audience. I have used this a number of times in my role to attend regular webinars from larger companies we are customers for. I have also used this software to attend conferences that are now hosted online through webinars due to the remote work nature. In all aspects, it has satisfied the means of the presentation without issue.

Cons

There isn’t anything overly special with GoToWebinar. Consumers of the product are able to freely sign in and attend their desired presentation event, and pose simple questions for the presenter.

Kelsie K.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

It is worth trying this software

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Webinar is a popular way to reach a wide audience. This software can communicate with audience throughout the training. Audience can send text with questions or comments. Also, using emoji, you can let the presenter know about your needs like in a classroom. It makes more fun to a webinar and feel more live.

Pros

- Easy to use
- Feature to communicate between presenter and audience
- They have emoji for you to raise you hand, clap, etc. It is a cure and fun feature

Cons

- You need to pre-test the software. It means you need to pay attention to the link they send you ahead of time. If you update your computer after the test, you need to retest to make sure that it is working.

Shareena P.

05 Star

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Excellent and Brilliant idea

Pros

Can have joint venture meetings with other business partners, clients

Cons

Nothing that I can think off - I just signed in and was there on a webinar with others

Elisabeth J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great app

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

The app not only allows webinars to occur on your computer but on your phone and tablets also. This makes connecting with others much easier.

Cons

There’s a free trial available but not a free option. You have to pay for it if you want to use it. We don’t use it all the time because we rarely have webinars, so it’s like we’re paying for something we don’t use as much.

Hithesh T.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Webinar looks more professional

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Good webinar tool recommended for corporate environment.

Pros

Host can give audio, presenting access attendees on webinar based the attendees role in webinar. It has user friendly User Interface.

Cons

Not able present the screen if we have the moderate connectivity , chat box is not good in GoToWebinar.

Ian C.

Good To Go Online Webinar Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Very good. I've been using this software for several years, like many people, and I'm sure to still be using it for online webinars many years from now. Lives up to it's name, as the 'go to' webinar software, for me.

Pros

Ease of use. Quality of service. Software works very well overall. Screenshot function is my most used of the many tools available when on webinar calls with other groups. Group chat function is also excellent. Calendar scheduling function very reliable.

Cons

Webinar hosts using email reminders for webinar events relentlessly.

Daniel P.

GotoWebinar, powerful tool for effective communication.

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Pros

With GoToWebinar, what the interlocutor says is truly respected. Everyone has the opportunity to talk and comment on their points of view. The tool allows effective conferences, internal chat and focused conversational topics. Promotes communication, more when the work team operates remotely.

Cons

It is important that GoToWebinar notifies you when the microphone device is on, it is not clear if it is closed or dirty and if unexpected events occur.

Reza K.

gotowebinar

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly environment

Cons

Pricing is a bit tricky when you need more features you upgrade

Oguz T.

NEW WAY TO DO CONFERENCES

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Overall it's a very usefull app to attend conferences and run business meetings.

Pros

As a specialist doctor we attend conferences online because of COVID-19 and GoToWebinar is the most easy way to do it. You can schedule your meetings easily and attend conferences without any problem.

Cons

In my opinion the UI can be better. Especially the chat section should be better. Except these problems there aren't any problems that I can tell.

Harshavardhan P.

Ever organization need this for online resourcing

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

I have used this application to attend webinars and conduct webinars. It gives us the professional touch of conducting webinar on this platform. I recommend a must software for all business development and budding organization to use this rather than free available online platforms for enterprise activities.

Pros

Invite and join large number of attendees.
Dedicated web browser and application with with seamless broadcasting.
Excelient mobile application.
Cool personalization of the organizer with great control.

Cons

I dont see any Cons in it but you must need a continuous uninterrupted data and it consumes large data to stream better quality.

Darshan Y.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Must have when you share your screen frequently

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

One of the must have tool when it comes to remote sharing, I never faced any lag or errors while sharing my screen

Cons

When it comes to cost the competitors are giving screenshare tools much cheaper, so they should consider in bringing the cost down or else its a good tool

Svetlana G.

A great way to conduct large virtual meetings

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Pros

The recording features and ability to host many people from all over the world at once is a very useful feature for this product.

Cons

Internet has to be exceptionally strong in order to effectively use this product.

Works well for webinars and remote support!

Reviewed on 2019/04/20

Pros

As a remote support worker, often common software to share screens are remote assist can be blocked by corporate firewalls. This is never the case with GoToWebinar and is a great fail safe.
- Lots of support countries for audio dail in
- Smooth and crisp screen sharing without lag
- Chat functionality and drawing tools

Cons

- A little pricer compared to other competitors in this space

Elle W.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy for participants to join

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Overall, my experience with GoToWebinar has been positive. My recent experiene is as a participant, and it has always been easy for me to join and participate in the webinar. When I was using this as an administrator, I was able to set up everything easily on the backend.

Pros

I attend at least four webinars a month, and GoToWebinar is always easy to join and particpate in the webinar. The dial-in and computer options make it easy to take the webinar from anywhere. I also hosted webinars using the software a few years ago, and it was easy to set up the logistics on the backend.

Cons

In my experience, webinars through GoToWebinar are not as engaging as webinar services like ON24. I think there are ways it could be more personalized, depending on the topic being presented/the company presenting.

Kathleen M.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Convenient access

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

I try to catch these by some of my favorite writing and marketing gurus regularly. I feel “in the loop” on latest trends and industry information.

Pros

Connection between a presenter and an audience has never been easier than this, with the ability to communicate ideas, graphics, voice, video and content integration over the internet to unlimited users. I love the ability to watch again later or catch the presentation at one’s convenience, and if joining the event in real time, to ask live questions and interact.

Cons

It can be glitchy. Frames of graphics sometimes freeze. It can be difficult to figure out how to interact/participate. Only the presenter can see the comments coming in. (Though that’s good to minimize distraction and censor unwanted feedback )