GoToWebinar Reviews

GoToWebinar

‘Do-it-yourself’ webinars and audio conferencing

4.5/5 (717 reviews)

Best Webinar Hosting Tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

I have been using GoToWebinar from the past 2 years and 5 months as the results-driven extraordinary when it seems after the webinar host. We nearly run 5-10 webinars per months both internal and external upon different technologies related, event s related, social awareness related as we can see our business growth with an outstanding performance each quarter with the help of GoToWebinar Tool. We can even schedule a webinar and after hosting it, we can even have a recording of it and can also rerecord if it'ds needed multiple times. GoToWebinar Tool do have an inbuilt dashboard and analytics which we help us in generating reports upon various features like Attendees Count, Registrants, Their sources of joining a webinar and lot more analytics and reports that we can generate with the help of GoToWebinar Tool :)

Pros

The most I like in GoToWebinar Tool is:
1. We can host webinars easily with a single click
2. We can also have automated templates which we can send it to all registrants
3. We can also send reminder emails to all registrants and attendees
4. We can track individual webinar analytics and can generate reports based on that
5. We can also do the practice (Dry run) before going live with the webinar so as to check the webinar goes smoothly
6. We can record the live webinar and can have a copy of it stored in webinar dashboard in this GoToWebinar Tool
7. We can re-record hosted webinar if in case there are any necessary changes that can be implemented

Cons

There are no cons about GoToWebinar Tool at present as I'm totally satisfied with it completely :)

Garrett G.

Great Webinar Platform with Full Automation

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Great webinar tool that's supported by a huge number of other apps as well. The app performs reliably and has the added benefit that most people have used it so you rarely have to worry about people not being able to connect.

Pros

There is one thing that really sets GoToWebinar apart from the competition in my opinion. First, if you subscribe to GoToWebinar Pro, you can pre-record and fully automate your webinars. If you run webinars in a timezone that's 12 hours behind or ahead of you, it's a HUGE lifesaver to be able to record a webinar a month in advance and have a fully-automated version of it run during the middle of the night when you're sleeping warm and happy at home. There's zero manual input required to run a recorded webinar which is amazing. Simply schedule the webinar, invite people to attend, and it's all done for you! Do see my note below regarding the one downside to recorded webinars with Goto.

In general, GoToWebinar seems to have the largest number of native integrations (integrations that don't require you to cobble something together with a third-party API connector).

From every other standpoint, I'd say GoToWebinar is on par with most solutions out there.

Cons

There are some quirks related to the setup of webinars that can be a bit frustrating and the customization of the webinar landing pages and emails is so minimal that it might as well be non-existent. Basically you slap your logo on the email and that's where the customization ends.

For recorded webinars, there's one big downside. You need to have the recording of the webinar done at the time that you schedule the webinar. This means that if you are planning to record a webinar in a month, you'll have to schedule the recorded version at a later date. We get around this now by hosting the recorded webinars one month after the original, however it would be much better if you could simply create a standard webinar, and change it to a recorded one after it's already been created.

A little pricey compared to some of the competition, but a LOT more affordable than others.

Webinar - tool which is not user-friendly all the time.

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

- We can invite more people to join a live webinar before start the meeting.
- It is vet easy to connect to webinar meeting. With a few simple clicks from an email we can connect to meeting without any interference and hurdles in between.
- With the good speed of internet connection you can have a video with good call quality and clear vision.
- You can record the session too for future use and train more people with the same recording without repeating those things twice.
- Good software to conduct remote meetings with geographically distant colleagues.
- We can share screen too, so that other people will get more idea about what we want them to understand.
- You can transfer the rights of sharing of the screen too.
- you can submit the feedback after end of meeting for better improvements.

Cons

- This platform stuck and freeze more often compare to other remote meeting tools.
- If you do not have an accurate internet connection, then there is no use of this tool.
- The incident had happened to us that we were around 10 people in a meeting and not a single person was able to hear another person’s voice. Even after login and logout several times in tool. At last we had to switch that meets on another tool.
- We have to wait outside the main meeting page if the organizer is late.

Paige E.

In a past customer service training job, I conducted daily webinars with GoToWebinar for big groups.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

GoToWebinar was useful for conducting training webinars for large groups because of the ability to easily invite participants prior to the event, with the option to remind invitees of the event from an internal feature of the program. Following the webinar it was valuable to be able to access the roster of those who attended, along with their contact information. This was aided me in providing incentives to attendees and to follow up on the event. While conducting the webinar, the features within GoToWebinar allowed me to track who had their GoToWebinar window at the forefront of their screen (who was perhaps fully paying attention!), monitor and answer questions that came in through the question window, administer survey questions, and provide participants with downloads of PDF and Word documents.

Cons

As opposed to GoToMeeting, I did not like that (although it was easy to invite participants) each attendee had to register for the webinar rather than simply click on a link to access it. Many people did not receive a confirmation for this as the email was sent to their spam rather than to their inbox, causing a breakdown in communication.

Leonard J.

Hosting seminars made easy

Reviewed on 2018/07/30
Review Source

Pros

GoToWebinar is a fantastic service if you're looking to present to a large group of people. You have the ability for your clients to interact with the seminar in the event that you want to make sure your employees attend the meeting. I have never had a GoToWebinar disconnect from the internet, even very poor connections can handle GoToWebinar. I have setup and hosted many different seminars and GoToWebinar has to be at the top of my list.

Cons

My cons come from troubleshooting GoToWebinars inside a restricted network. More than likely you'll have to make sure all your users can run GoToWebinar on their computers/laptops. This can raise questions if you're monitoring what sites are whitelisted on your network. There was also a big limitation on users accessing GoToWebinar with Group Policy restrictions. The launcher will more than likely trigger your policy if you limit the programs your employees are allowed to run. This only applies to users who run the software while on the domain. Otherwise GoToWebinar is a fantastic service.

Dishant S.

Organising many webinars successfully

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/15

I use this software to do a weekly webinar with our clients. Through this software, we can interact with a lot of people at the same time. They can ask us questions, and we can easily communicate with them and solve their queries. We are also using it to connect with our remote employees.

Pros

GoToWebinar is a fantastic tool to host online webinars. It is pretty straightforward to get started. You can sign up in the software very quickly and begin organising great webinars.

The best feature which I liked the most about GoToWebinar is that we can send live questionnaire about the concept or theme of the webinar or we can directly talk to them about any issue faced during that time. In this manner, we get complete control over the webinar.

There are cases when someone is not able to attend a webinar due to some reason. In GoToWebinar, we can have a recorded copy of the webinar directly stored in our dashboard and then, we can also share the link with the participants of the webinar who were not present at the time it was being broadcasted. They can watch them through that link.

It automatically sends the webinar reminder to all the attendees just a few minutes before the webinar starts.

Cons

One thing which I would like to mention is to keep the chats scrolling automatically just like in the case of YouTube.

Sometimes, when I am taking coding cases, I would like to see the code on the webinar attendee's screen to correct or debug the code. So, I would love to see a video conferencing type feature to be added.

GoToWebinar- great if you have a large group attending your presentation

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/20

GoToWebinar helped us edit the content of our presentations, pertaining to the feedback we gained from our attendees. It was fairly easy to use and our clients were all familiar with the software so we never had issues with them not knowing what to do when logging in.

Pros

What I liked most about GoToWebinar's software is that when we were putting together a presentation, it allowed us to invite hundreds of people. We were presenting to various sister hotels and knew we would have a large group that would exceed that of GoToMeeting's capacity, and I believe GoToWebinar had a limit of 1000 attendees at the time, which was more than we needed, but great to know we had the flexibility to invite more. It was also super helpful that attendees had to register to attend, allowing us to see exactly how many people were actually opening their invitations and interested in attending. Once we saw a general estimate of how many people would attend, we could tailor our presentation to make it more generic vs specific in order to address a larger group. The reporting functionality is by far the best feature for us as a sales team. We could see who came, who did the polls, how interested the attendees were, and poll results. It was eye opening for us to see that although we had a large turnout, the interest wasn't as great as we had expected. From that experience, we were able to analyze and re-evaluate the content of our next presentation based off of feedback we received.

Cons

I was a sales manager using the software so this didn't apply to me, but I do know that the GM did not like how expensive it was. He would often complain about the cost, but it wasn't enough for us to get rid of the software because we valued the information we gathered while using it.

Rocky K.

The standard for webinar platforms

Reviewed on 2018/08/12

Our goal with GotoWebinar is to connect with a massive audience (100-1000) and essentially sell them something. And a interrupt can be costly. The time and resources to get the leads to attend a live call is expensive. And if there's lag or breakdown in the connection, leads drop off and they won't buy. GoToWebinar's connection is consistent and once more, with 3-4 webinars a week - we don't see any downtime. It works!

Pros

From a business perspective, GoToWebinar works - with about 3-4 webinars per week, we rarely had a problem. It's a solid platform, and it just works. I also like that people can call into the webinar.

Cons

It's pretty ugly. It's one of those platforms where I have to spend a few days training a client how to use it. There's so many buttons and features tucked away. Competitors

It's also pretty expensive for most users, especially with alternatives like Facebook Live, Google Hangouts, etc.

7.0/10

Cheaper compromise for GoToMeeting

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

Main benefit is still ability to conduct stable connection during my webinars and ability to interact with clients in effective way (including surveys)

Pros

We moved to GoToWebinar from GoToMeeting to save on costs. Though we've lost some features such as ability to draw on whiteboards, remaining set of features was sufficient for us. A pleasant surprise for me was ability to make surveys during the webinar as well as useful statistics available at the end (such as number of participants and survey results).

Cons

I had a few cases when the app hanged at the end of webinar so I was unable to save the recording. Also sometimes we needed to make some other attendees as presenter so he/she can share files and that was impossible.

Best of the breed in Online Conferences

Reviewed on 2018/12/24

- GoToWebinar has solved multiple issues related to:
1. Audience engagement - by using polls and active attendees
2. Capturing the number of registrants and actually attending
3. System requirements are minimal. So even low end devices can join as well.
4. No dropped connections or chopped audio

Pros

- Easy to create events and inviting people
- Options for muting everyone to reduce background noise and only presenters can speak
- option for users to provide individual feedback after the session
- Webinar recording quality is commendable
- Desktop and phone app are pretty stable

Cons

- Need to run desktop version instead of web to get full experience otherwise user is limited with options
- Sometimes i have experienced sharing and audio issues

It's the best webinar software... but there's so much it can do to be better

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Overall, Gotowebinar works. Like a old workhorse, it's reliable and we never had issues with it.
Unfortunately like a old workhorse, there will be a time when something better comes our way and we move to that. While we found great webinar software that does have more features - they aren't as reliable as GoToWebinar.

Pros

It's incredibly reliable. There's no other webinar software on the market that is as reliable as GoToWebinar. Visit a webinar from your computer, and the GTW app installs. There's a GTW app for those on mobile devices and you can dial in.

I also love their cloud recording.

Cons

At least 2% of our visitors ALWAYS have audio or video problems. I know it has to do with their set-up, but it's a hiccup. (Note - with other webinar software, it's significantly waaay higher).

There's just also too many freakin' buttons when you're a host. We had to spend a few days training our clients how to use it before we let them loose.

I hate that a user has to sign up to watch a webinar replay.

I wish that GTW had a 'stream to browser' mode, like Twitch or Youtube.

6.0/10
Andy R.

Good, Not Great

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

GoToWebinar allows us to connect with customers in a way we would not otherwise be able to reach them, saving us thousands of dollars each year in training and support costs. Although coming with a somewhat sizable annual licensing cost, it's been a very cost-effective method for us to expand our reach to both current customers and prospects.

Pros

We conduct about 2-3 webinars per month, soliciting both customers and prospects to our online events. We've run into some issues and difficulties, specifically around capturing, encoding, and accessing video but have enjoyed a positive experience overall. I love the fact we can capture registrations through our marketing automation platform and pass the registration details on to GoToWebinar via a simple application connector. The ease of use around integration makes for very easy setup, execution, and follow-up. The reporting features have gotten much better over the years, with the ability to glean helpful insights regarding things like attendee engagement much easier than they used to be.

Cons

The ability to brand your webinars is somewhat limited, with only a single template and limited information that can be provided for items like the opening screen attendees see while on hold. Similarly, the branding associated with reminder and follow-up emails is very limited, forcing us to use our our platform for promotion and follow-up.

Kristen D.

Good value, no bells or whistles

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

If you are looking for a standard webinar tool with no bells and whistle‘s this is the tool for you. Easy to use and allows for multiple users and licenses.

The sales team spends most of the time trying to sell other products and not a lot of time actually solving the problem at hand.

Pros

This is a great webinar tool if you’re conducting regular run-of-the-mill webinars and do not need sophisticated features or the ability to integrate with other technologies

Cons

Customer support and their sales model went through some changes recently after they merged, and I’ve been disappointed with the results. Customer support Is not that great and will usually end up referring you to your account management team and sales. team who spent most of the time trying to sell other products and not a lot of time actually solving the problem at hand.

5.0/10
Jared D.

The Best Automated Webinar Tool in the Market

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I wish we had started using them sooner. I wish I would've known more about their polling feature and the ability to upload a webinar recording to play during the webinar. These tools now help us create a more personalized experience for customers and automate our processes to save time and resources.

Pros

GoToWebinar makes it so simple to setup all of our webinars for current customers and new customer we're onboarding. They've recently updated their design to a fresh new look that's even more intuitive to use. They have lots of powerful reports and allow you to create surveys and easily run polls.

Cons

Their Help Center was a bit lacking with a few questions I had, however when I called their support team I got a pretty quick answer and they were able to answer all of my questions easily.

Kelsey M.

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

GoToWebinar has served us as an impeccable tool for bringing our office up to speed in the realm of online professional development. It is an inexpensive, time-effective way to pass information that keeps people from having to travel.

Pros

Our organization uses this software as a tool to get critical professional development information out to our hundreds of members on a biweekly basis. Its large capacity for attendees allows us to reach the breadth of our members with ease. It includes a wide array of analytics that allow us to not only track attendance, but also engagement in our webinars, providing us with almost instant feedback on our material.

Cons

One limitation that this software has is that we are only able to run one webinar at a time on the account. This issue is intuitive, and does not take away from the efficiencies it adds to my workplace. It is important, though to communicate well with fellow team members to avoid overlapping webinar schedules.

Scott F.

Original and Still The Best Webinar App

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

I've been with GTW since they first began many years ago, and although there are many different options out there that do the same thing for less, GTW is still the most reliable provider out there, in my opinion.

Pros

GTW and GTM make it easy, and profitable, to hold large online meetings for ANYONE. I'm not a large company, but I've done webinars with almost 200 attendees in the room before, and everyone managed to get in and connected without issues, not to mention they all stayed connected the whole time. Everything you need to host a meeting is built-in, including recording and screen notations, attendee questions, chats, polls, everything.

Cons

I've noticed that GTW can be a bit slow to add features, and when they do add them, there is a lengthy period of time where the program has glitches here and there before it works themselves out. They are also pretty expensive compared to most en mass meetings.

Great Way to Connect & Collaborate

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

GoToWebinar is an easy tool to quickly schedule & share a conference line with a large group of people. Connectivity is almost never a problem for me or my colleagues. The quality of the line is always above-average, and there is virtually no lag in the screen share.

Cons

I do feel that, sometimes, there are pieces of functionality that other connectivity solutions have that GoTo does not--ability to "whiteboard" easily, share multiple screens/users, etc. That would be a significant differentiation in the market.

Wish there was more flexibility

Reviewed on 2018/07/25
Review Source

Pros

Go To Webinar is my go to platform for webinars. I think that they make it easy to schedule, and to enter details for registration, panelists, etc. I also think that the interface is easy for the audience to understand, especially enjoy the question box.

Cons

I think that there is really no flexibility in customizing the back end of your webinars. I would love to be able to ask people what country they come from, without forcing them to also pick a US state they're from (yes, this is a thing and a major problem when you have an international audience). It would be great if they customized the state dropdown menu for each country, or simply made it grey out when someone chooses a country that is not the US. I also think there are few options for logo or branding, and I really wish I could include hyperlinks in the description.

Jon Y.

GoToWebinar Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/07

It's definitely a good application if you are expecting to host webinars. After using other software like this and GoToWebinar, this is the preferred application.

Pros

I really like the features that give you control over the webinars. For instance whenever we use it for our monthly meetings, we can mute everyone except for those who are presenting and then un-mute them whenever it's time for the group collaboration. Another thing I like is that you can change the presenter's screen to any other user is just a couple of clicks; that comes in handy whenever there may be more than 1 presenter, but they are a few states apart.

Cons

I don't really like that something has to be downloaded onto everyone's computer. Even though it's not "that big" of a download I wish that it was a web based app. I really only notice this problem whenever we have someone new joining our called for the first time, we'll have to wait a minute or two to get going because they have to download the app.

Thomas C.

I needed a webinar tool. I tried the trial period app for GoToWebinar. The app is strong.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

I am able to do a complete webinar (never having done so in my life) in less than 24 hours. Feature rich with a well thought through design I do not think you can find better.

Pros

All the controls such as send out invitations, ending the webinar, managing the microphones, and video, running the screen presentation, switching screens when necessary etc and compatibility with Mac versus PC. Best technical support I have experienced, ever. Tech Support's team with whom I interacted exhibited knowledge, courtesy and spoke in easily understandable English. And I was on a freebie! I mastered the app with their help and concluded my webinar successfully. I have another on Tuesday next week.

Cons

Cost is high if you can only use it once or twice a year. Otherwise, the cost is competitive with the other similar apps I tried. I am thinking of ways to increase webinar marketing to spread the cost over multiple webinars. The basic cost of per month for a small company is OK if you use the tool every week. Medium and larger sized companies have other pricing options that appear reasonable considering the features and number of users.

Najja e B.

I have accessed webinars by using GoToWebinar. The system is easy to navigate as a participant.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Being able to engage others virtually in a presentation, webinar, or training session. You can reach multiple people at once and with video option you can see people who are presenting as if you were in the same room.

Pros

It's easy to set up, attend, and invite others to a webinar. The reminder is automatically sent out to those who are registered to attend/participate. You have the option of listening via the computer on mute or calling in on the telephone. The webinar navigation bar for chatting and asking questions is simple. Uploading the PowerPoint is simple and accessible to those who attend the webinar.

Cons

The cost for this software/program is expensive for the smaller company. Because of the cost, it forces the smaller company to go with the free programs that are available that aren't as efficient.

Angelika C.

Virtual Meeting

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Pros

The best part of this software is that you never have to miss a meeting again. Meetings can be accessed from the comport of your own home or the country of your choosing. Go to Webinar are easy to use and give you multiple options to call in using phone, computer or simply typing your questions/answers. What I like most about this software is that you can have many users at the same time without laps in time or functionality, meaning that everyone is seen and heard at the same time without interruption.

Cons

There is nothing about the software that has given my team problems. The only small issue may be the speed of internet at a specific location but that is not a problem with the software its the problem with your internet provider and speed offered.

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

My overall experience with GoTo Webinar has been great, we have looked at alternatives in the past and while they are pretty competitive the GoTo/HubSpot level of integration has kept us around. The software has also undergone some recent upgrades which has also enhanced the UX significantly.

Pros

As a HubSpot user, the integration with our CRM is one of the best things about GoTo. Generating new leads and tracking them throughout the sales cycle is key to tracking ROI and this duo is great for that. It also allows us to connect to forms and lead capture popups so it's even easier to generate leads for webinars.

The platform itself also gives you a decent amount of analytics and insights into webinar engagement, easy access to recordings, etc.

Cons

The presenter control panel is a little archaic and not super intuitive but you get used to it over time. It would also be great if the Q&A section in this panel was also a little more user-friendly. It's not uncommon we have more than one person on the back end typing answers to questions/helping the presenter moderate so having a way to 'claim' or 'assign' an inbound question during a webinar would be very useful.

7.0/10
Jordan C.

Webinar learning curve is assisted by GTW

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Starting to create and run webinars for my company took a lot of learning and a lot of effort. Thanks to gotowebinar it was not a difficult process. It helped a ton with everything from content, registrations, attendance, reporting, Pardot connector and increasing success over time. Overall we are happy with the service that we get from gotowebinar.

Pros

I like the landing pages they provide. They tend to get better registrations than the ones I create on my own. The reports are very informative too. They help the sales team a lot. It pretty much takes care of all the little things like emails, surveys, recordings and it is very easy to use.

Cons

Not a ton of direction when we started. I think that a little bit more training would have been helpful. It could be more interactive.

Jonathan G.

Next-Gen Tele-Presenting

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Pros

As a User who would set up meetings or attend "webinars" presented by other industry professionals, GoToWebinar is the next generation of telecommuting. Directed to use this as an employee, this was an incredible tool to learn more from industry insiders and successful companies to be able to ask questions in real-time chat, participate in polls, and be able to revisit the "show" at later times. As the employer using this, GoTo was an immensely helpful tool in presenting our findings and creating the overall conversation locale for business meetings. Whether through live camera feed or screen share, this tool was incredibly helpful.

Cons

Without too many complaints, sometimes there were occasional hiccups in the start/beginning stages of a call. Once issues were discovered and "fixed" the show would go on without a hitch, but we could have run into a number of issues. That may be browser hang-ups, lack of video but with accompanying audio or vice versa, and seldom, lag. Overall, very efficient.