Dustin H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Overall a great piece of software!

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Pros

It's powerful and has a ton of features that other software like this designed to run on the Raspberry Pi does not have.

Cons

I really have no complaints. If someone who wasn't tech-savvy was trying to navigate the software, it may be a bit difficult for them.

Perfect Balance of Features/Reliability/Price for Digital Signage

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Using it for a nationwide digital signage network. Content is web based. Very Happy with performance and pricing.

Pros

Best digital signage platform for displaying websites and HTML5 content. Raspberry Pi 4 expanded RAM options make a huge difference for complex visualizations!

Cons

A little technical to set up for the average user. Its worth the tradeoff for power in my opinion though.

Michael K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

There is no better value

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

Our digital signage used to be limited to a few screens in each office. Because of the east of use and value of Yodeck, we have distributed among many projects for multiple uses.

Pros

Ease of use (for admins and users), ease of deployment, feature set, and support. There really isn't any other category that Yodeck doesn't smash the competition on.

Cons

Player hardware options. The software is built around Debian/Raspbian, but it would be great to have a Windows option for flexibility or signage requiring more hardware horsepower.

Frank C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Fantastic Solution for Video Displays at our C-Store Chain

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

We have been quite happy with YoDeck. They have been quite responsive when we had questions, and were a huge help as we worked to set up our first store with 15 monitors and 15 Raspberry Pi units. We are overall very pleased and would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The ease and speed of updating our content at will is the best part about YoDeck and our Raspberry Pi video units. I can update from almost anywhere...can even do most content updates from my phone.

Cons

We had sought a solution that would allow us to sync 10 - 15 monitors in our stores. Unfortunately the only way to get that right now is a system that is way out of our budget for the size stores that we have. YoDeck and Raspberry Pi video units were as close as we could get - though they don't sync up as of yet - they were well within our budget.

Chris J.
  • Industry: Libraries

Yodeck - A Gold Standard for Digital Signage Solutions

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

For us here in public library land cost and reliability matter, and Yodeck makes it easy to remotely update my signage from home in minutes. I'm able to get my library director the results needed in real time.

Pros

The feature set is rich, reliability is amazing, and price point is incredible. As an IT professional I crave solutions that never let me down and that I never have to worry about. Yodeck delivers big time on these key needs!

Cons

At first it took a little getting used to that the "Playlist" is really what you are showing as opposed to a "slide show" as in other solutions but then you realize its actually better and more customizable so its really just a terminology difference.

Tom I.
  • Industry: Media Production

Yodeck - Total digital media and content management solution

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

I needed a full featured cloud based digital media management solution which supported the ability to frequently and easily update my content. I also required a distribution system which employed the use of an affordable player device. After trying a number of competing vendor offerings, I found the Yodeck solution to be the best.

Pros

This "cloud based" application does "everything". From formatting and organizing your content to establishing the best layout for your messaging as well as providing an uncomplicated scheduling module for time sensitive content distribution. This "easy to use" yet feature rich application is the most comprehensive digital media solution on the market. In addition, it is absolutely "bullet proof". I have been using Yodeck 24/7 for the past 18 months and there has not been a single outage. The email support has been very responsive and the documentation easy to follow yet very comprehensive.

Cons

Although the email support is great, a "real time" support chat would be a plus.

Dennis S.

Absolutely Amazing! Don't look anywhere else... it should start (and end) with Yodeck!

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

We run a small retail establishment and I needed the ability to use digital signage as an employee message board (while controlling content remotely). Being small, we don't have the funds to throw at problems/solutions... which means I'm a DIY owner. I've tried other providers, but became quickly frustrated since they didn't work (or didn't work as well as I'd like).

I'm glad I stumbled upon Yodeck... this was exactly what I needed and more! Very easy to setup, very intuitive, and very reliable (I waited to post this review since I wanted to be able to speak to up-time). I am amazed at how quickly I was able to setup the system (using a Raspberry Pi) and I'm impressed by how reliable it has been. We're going into our second month of use and we're experiencing 100% reliability, while constantly updating the Playlists.

But where Yodeck really stood out... I was contacted by a customer service manager the second we signed up for the service and had someone on standby who was willing to help where and when needed. I was shocked! A very nice touch and I can't say enough about that approach. I'm sold and will look to Yodeck for future projects when the time is right.

If you're in the market, or are unsure about where to turn for digital signage, I can't recommend Yodeck enough (especially for the beginner on a budget). Great product, great service, amazing reliability... well done Yodeck! Thank you!!!

Pros

How simple it was to get up and running. Ease of use a big plus. And reliability has been 100%... I expected downtime since we're running this on a Raspberry Pi, but we're amazed it's been 100% reliable.

Cons

Nothing... honestly... nothing! I'm really trying to find something negative, but it has been a great product with amazing reliability.

René S.
  • Industry: Public Safety
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

So easy!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Information is easy shared.

Pros

Easy to setup using low cost hardware.
Easy to maintain

Cons

In case you show a website it is very hard to answer cookie policy questions remotely so the popup is showed.

David R.

More than meets our needs

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

We switched to yodeck for all our displays after our previous display company had abandoned their software and didn't provide any updates for windows 8 and up. Yodeck offered more flexibility, on a less expensive platform (Raspberry Pi) vs a micro computer. We rarely have any problems with these devices and when we do, we know immediately via email. With about twenty of these devices running company wide I never have to walk around to each screen at multiple locations to make sure they're working.

Pros

Inexpensive setup
Easy to replace
set it and forget it
Lots of functions

Cons

They aren't window's OS, which is also a plus if you don't have to have it on windows OS.

Jessica G.

Perfect for our Church

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

Yodeck is easy to use and I think will be easy for many other churches to use for their needs. The ability to update and work remotely is key because I am not always in the same building as the screen. Yodeck is the best product I researched for the best price and I am happy that we chose to utilize this software.

Pros

When we implemented a digital bulletin board in our church we were looking for something that was easy to use, could be updated remotely, was inexpensive, and did not require a subscription. Yodeck checks off all these needs. We could not be happier with this product.

One of my favorite parts about the program is that I can upload background music and choose when to mute it or play it louder. I can also schedule the screen to turn on and off and do it remoly. I hardly ever need to be in front of our screen.

Cons

The ONLY con is that it was not super easy to set up. I know technology, but not to the extent of a tech worker, and I was not able to figure out the setup on my own. I had to enlist a friend who works in the tech industry for help. He was able to figure it out after some troubleshooting. We had some issues with the automatic setup. After he figured out the set up I was able to do everything else myself.

Frank andreas H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Best digital signage solution

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

What I'm missing is a facebook plugin, nicer weather forecast with pictures and a possibility to download the monitor playback as file to show my customer as preview before installing.

Pros

In 2019 we looked for as digital sigange solution for internal use, also for our customers. We found a lot of solutions, but most of them were difficult to use, you need a server and backend pcs or the software was horrible. Than we found yodeck. It's easy to use and it is all online, so I can administrate it from anywhere with any device. I like it.

Cons

It's all online and it's self-explanatory.

Christopher H.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Platform at a great price

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

We use Yodeck for employee messaging in our Headquarters. It was very easy to mock up a demonstration without making any commitment to purchase. The demonstration worked so well it was quickly implemented as single screen pilot. After a few months of smooth operation we installed several more screens with Yodeck players.

Pros

This platform was easy to setup and try out before making any financial commitment. I never had a need to talk to a sales rep. When I needed tech support they were quick to respond even when I was still on a free account. The instructions and tutorials on how to implement advanced features were well written.

Cons

Most of my frustration is really with the limitations of the raspberry Pi. Our players run connected to wifi and the signal started dropping a lot. It was complicated to add external wifi antennas and have them work properly with the Yodeck software image but it eventually worked out. Also a bit frustrated that UHD video support has been slow in coming although the HD image has been meeting our needs.

Robert N.
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy setup and low cost alternative

Reviewed on 2021/04/13

Pros

Extremely affordable, easy to set up and use.

Cons

I can not get a live weather radar to work properly, otherwise everything works great for what I need.

Mike D.
  • Industry: Utilities

Simple and easy

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Information is easilly shared around differnt locations - in a variety of formats. It just works !
The support team have been responsive and flexible around players for our country and extra features.

Pros

This was a great alternative to our "Old PC's - auto running power point".
Yodeck provides a simpler, more functional, cheaper and easier to manage platform to share information.
The communications team look after it themselves, IT dont need to get involved !!

Cons

Security features come at a cost. But still minimal compared to alternatives.

Small Medical Clinic

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

I wish I had found Yodeck when I was initially looking for solutions. Fantastic solution that I will be using for years.

Pros

I initially purchased special digital signage TVs for our waiting room. What a headache! The software was buggy, the features were limited, and I never felt like updating it ever again (which is exactly what you shouldn't do) because of the hassle. Then I found Yodeck and the ease of use has been outstanding. Couldn't be happier!

Cons

I wouldn't mind better management website clipping that would try to generate a preview for various size screens before going live. But overall, powerful and customizable!

James C.

Good Value

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

Pros

This is an all in one easy to use platform with instant results at a great price. I highly recommend this for any business. Great for information distribution, sales and video demonstrations. You are able to display awesome menus, directions and sale items. This is same technologies used by major companies and best of all you can maintain your screens from the anywhere. Your imagination is your only limit.

Cons

I would like to see more templates for business and home use. Things like information center templates, menus etc.

Michael Z.

Digital SSignage made easy

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Pros

Easy implementation, setup and usage. Friendly UI, very fast response times, many widgets. Compared to Samsung Digital Signage products, Yodeck is the best solution and in a fair price

Cons

Nothing, everything works and is great!!

Scott T.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best Ive Seen & Used

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

We are about to expand its use in to other parts of our establishment for use in the restaurant and bottleshop. Again simplicity has been the key.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to get your head around. The simplicity and the speed of getting new playlists and imagery up is amazing and instantaneous

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. The only request I would make is to have landscape and vertical templates available to use.

Blake S.

Amazing software that I've already recommended to a colleague

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Overall, it's been great. I love the ability to control the displays from anywhere. Update them from anywhere. It's wonderful.

Pros

The option to try it for free FOREVER is amazing. I've implemented a single monitor for testing purposes at one of our locations, and it's been running with no issues (and I mean ZERO issues) for over 12 months now.

I've already had converted one of my fellow entrepreneurs from another solution to Yodeck.

Cons

There is a fairly extensive learning curve. Coming from a video editing background, I still found the layout challenging at times.

Roger K.

A great digital signage platform and service all wrapped into one

Reviewed on 2020/02/29

Fantastic so far!

Pros

The platform is extremely approachable to understand how the system elements work together. While there are always a few little quirks along the way, customer support has an amazing response time.

Cons

There are a few small features or behaviors that are missing, however Yodeck is constantly being updated by their software team... which is one of the reasons we went with them in the first place. I saw too many signage providers out there that were stagnant on their product roadmaps and were essentially in maintenance mode.

Renee G.

Yodeck experience

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Pros

It's simple, extensive, good support, good price

Cons

That a small part of the website is not yet available in German

11/10

Reviewed on 2019/04/20

I was using a windows based digital signage platform for a few years and had constant issues whenever windows ran updates. Switching to Yodeck only 3 months ago, I haven't touched a player since installation. This has cut down on staffing hours required to maintain a small 10 screen system in multiple locations across Sydney. Very glad to have come across Yodeck and only wish I started with it and not the windows based one.

Pros

- Customer support in our research stage was very quick and helpful answering questions
- Good pricing structure and cheaper than a lot of digital signage platforms for the amount of features you get
- Constantly adding new features based on real world user needs
- Very reliable and stable platform on cheap hardware players

Cons

- Limited file structure of content when creating a playlist. Media manager has a folder tree system however when creating a playlist, you don't yet get the same folder structure.

Brian G.

Great service and product

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Great! We love the product and will continue to happily use it.

Pros

The ease of use is great! You can quickly get in there and make the content you want available.

Cons

Navigation can be slightly complicated for those non-techsavy users.

Robert W.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2020/06/20

Great

Pros

How well finished the interface is and ease of use

Cons

The ability not to be able to add layouts into playlist

Andéol D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

For the moment the best system!

Reviewed on 2021/03/27

An efficient and very flexible service

Pros

Great ease of use and perfect operation !

Cons

Nothing special to say. It might be missing an accessory to fix the case