Charlie D.

Brilliant service and flexible system.

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Managing our client database and recording enquiries into our service. Really simple to use reporting.

Pros

This is software that is not designed for our business; however despite this we were able to tailor parts of the system to help us move from paper based files to managing an electronic system. The service from RSS has been outstanding and they help to provide solutions and alternatives quickly and as best as they can.

Cons

As it wasn't designed for Social Care use, there are functionality and data protection issues that have resulted in us moving to a specifically designed system.

Stuart A.

Really Simple Systems - SIMPLES!

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Fantastic Software - never had any issues with it, customer support is fantastic and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a CRM system

Pros

I use this every day, fantastic entry level customer relationship datatbase software. Allows you to manage your customers, tasks documents, emails etc etc etc - basically does everything you need it to and I have only just scratched the surface

Cons

I would like the ability to be able to multi select tasks and move them to a specified date. There may be an option to do this already, but currently I am manually moving them, which can be time consuming

Response from Really Simple Systems

Stuart, thank you for posting a review of Really Simple Systems and glad to hear it's a good fit for you.

We are just working on a new calendar view for tasks which may address what you are looking to do. This will be released in the next month or so.

You can, of course, always get in touch and tell us your feature requests and we'll do our best to address your needs.

Kind regards

Neil G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Simple Effective CRM System

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Use it for my own software business and 3 other software clients based in New Zealand and UK and it can be used from complete sales pipeline management through to lead generation, depending what my clients need, simple customisation of database fields and screens makes it user configurable a must for different client requirements.

Pros

It was the simplest CRM system I have used compared to a long list of CRM systems used over the last 15 years, it is modern and I can use it on any device I like and web browser effectively.

marketing functionality built into the CRM database beats those that need to use 3rd party applications like Mailchimp, everything thats needed is in one system that is evolving and improving over time

Cons

The data conversion and bringing in data was a challenge trying to get it to work, but the support team simply imported the data for me when it was required, data import/export functionality has been improved.

Andrea H.

Great software

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

We use primarily for the service & support to log customer instrument faults - RSS helps massively as anything related to the case or customer is in one place. Being able to attach correspondence is great.

Pros

Its very easy to use and being able to tweak fields and add extra boxes is very beneficial in a small business as our needs are constantly changing. Support is great - always reply or sort within 1-2 days.

Cons

It's a shame that the tasks aren't linked with outlook possibly to give you an active reminder instead of you looking at the task list. Also, items that have gone red in the opportunities list - if these could be visible on the front screen with the urgent tasks reminder, this would be good.
As we use the service & support mainly - its good but it could be really improved if it had a planning tool for jobs i.e. Engineer site visits linked with the cases and so you could capture response times, first time fix & feedback. We use another software called Workmobile that contains our onsite engineer service reports - if it could link with this and send reports directly into the cases, this would save us time with manual attachments. As we use the opportunities fields for assets, it would be good to separate these out so the opportunities can be used for our prospects. Have you ever thought about adding a quality management section?

Mary N.
  • Industry: Libraries

I have used other CRM software and RSS is all you need, it is simple but useful and to the...

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Their Customer support is the best. I send an email and they respond quickly. I thought as a UK company, getting a response to a request would be the next day at best since I'm on the west coast. Some things are easy and I say Duh, but some are complex and you get the same excellent service. It is easy to do marketing campaigns, it is easy to change fields and add drop downs. You should think things out before moving forward but know that you can change a field. The flexibility is great. And there is also online help, videos, and webinars. It is simple to use and understand.

Pros

It really is simple. Reports are easy to run. I've used other CRM's and the reporting can be very confusing. It is not over done. It is a CRM, not trying to run your inventory or production from this software. You can pick it up on your smartphone and tablet, which is helpful for on the road sales folks. Quick support answers are always helpful.

Cons

The limit of the 20 fields.

Byron H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

An easy to use, high quality CRM, with great features and excellent customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

As a company we've been able to grow considerably due to the fact that Really Simple Systems allows us to easily keep track of communications with our existing accounts and potential customers. We've been able to drip feed marketing emails and other mailshots using their fantastic email system.

Pros

Really Simple Systems is fantastic. I've never had an issue with it. It's a highly capable system with all the features you could need from a CRM. The email tool is fantastic and the dashboard gives you an at-a-glance look at your sales performance. Also, if you ever get stuck, their support team is incredible.

Cons

The only thing I haven't enjoyed is the time between version 4 and version 5. In the changeover period things became slightly clunky and it maybe wasn't as seamless a process as they might've wanted. It's all working fine now though.

David H.

Does what it says on the box

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

This software has helped our company to grow from a start-up business to a medium-sized business.

Pros

It's great to see everything you need to know about an account or contact at a glance. It's very helpful to have a task list that keeps your focused and on track. Our operations and sales teams enjoy using this software.

Cons

There are limitations to very specific customisation that you might want to achieve, e.g. we weren't able to use it to track the student progress our learners. But then, it's a CRM system - not a fully featured student information system.

Steve K.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Feature Rich and Simple to Use

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

We really like the simplicity of the system.

Pros

We like the fact it is based online so our staff can use it wherever they are without having to worry about VPNs, deploying software, maintenance of servers etc.

Cons

No cons really. Features are constantly being added. We wanted Google Maps integration which wasn't readily available but after speaking with customer support, they have now added this important feature.

Colin M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Simple as promised, but let down by a fixed architecture and apathetic customer service...

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

It was adequate when we started out, but the service forced us to explore other options.

Pros

As expected it's simple to use and get the hang of - basic but functional. The latest version - 5 - is bright and clear on the screen.

Cons

The architecture is inflexible and really didn't suit our business (combined B2B and B2C) without us fudging workarounds. We would have lived with it, and even put up with the mid-term price hike they sprung on us, but it was customer service that killed it. Emails and phone responses were cold and unhelpful. I know they are British so we were prepared for the attitude, but even with that they didn't seem to care about a small business our size. This spurred us to look around, and we found solutions out there with totally superior architecture and service that were priced similarly. So, to the relief of my staff, we made the effort to migrate away.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Colin, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear our CRM did not suit you and your business. It is designed for B2B so is not a perfect solution if your business is also B2C.

Our products and services are designed specifically for small businesses and this is our key audience, with single-user systems upwards. I apologise if we gave the impression that your business was not important to us at any stage, as this is definiately not the case.

I also apologise if our customer service was in any way lacking in your experience. We pride ourselves on our service and 99.9% of the time receive great feedback from our customers praising our exceptional service.

I am pleased to hear you have found a CRM system that better suits your needs and I wish you and your business continued success.

Kind regards
Helen Armour
Marketing Manager

Anna A.

Comprehensive CRM backed by great support

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

We have been using Really Simple Systems for 7 years now and they have supported us the whole way through - nothing has ever been too much trouble, and any issues have always been cleared up promptly and effectively. Highly recommend.

Pros

I like that we were able to easily customize the system to our requirements and use web transactions to capture data from our website directly into the CRM. I also like the integrated marketing email functionality.

Cons

Some of my team found the old UI a bit clunky to get used to, though personally I have found it to be perfectly functional.

Jeremy K.

Long term customer

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

My business has been using RSS CRM for 13 years. We have evolved alongside RSS and are very happy with the productivity and output of all users. Thanks RSS!

Pros

RSS CRM is exactly what it say - really simple - yet packed with CRM functionality!
I'm really impressed with the dashboard widgets and reporting
We use all available modules to run our business so appreciate the exceptional uptime and rapid support

Cons

I find it a little clunky and hard to visualise on mobile

Neil H.

Worke great for the size of business we are

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

It helps us to organising our clients. We will need more help in the future as we grow.

Pros

Its integration with Xero accounts is what I like most. This has helped give an accurate reading of what is due to us and what is still outstanding. It allows all users to see information relating to the financial status of a customer

Cons

Its very manual and doesn't really let you sort with your own parameters/create your own invoice numbers. I think that the search option could be made easier.

Michael B.

Really Simple Systems

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Great.

Pros

Clean and Intuitive interface.
You can easily custom-build reports.
Powerful newsletter function.
Highly reactive support team.

Cons

The general search bar is slow (but that could be to do with the volume of our accounts), also search has to be character and space specific, unlike a Google search.
Some of the reports cannot pull all of the sections of data on one report, however the support can normally build a bespoke report for you if you ask them.

Marie W.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The clues in the name

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

I have really enjoyed using RSS for my day to day administration and for quoting purposes. It is an effective platform with lots of good features and work arounds. The team behind the scenes spent a lot of time modifying the platform for us to cover some of our more niche products and they were always on hand with advice.

Pros

RSS is so easy to use. As soon as I got my login it didn't take me long to work my way around the system and organise the dashboard and reports to my liking. It is a really clean platform with functional modules and shortcuts that save a lot of time.

Cons

It could sometimes be a bit slow to load but the support team kept us informed of any issues and worked hard at resolving them quickly.

Rick H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Ideal for my Small Business

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

I fire it up each morning and just let it guide me through my tasks while having all my customer information at my fingertips. I have gone from multiple programs to run and track my buisness to one program RSS.

Pros

Simple, intuitive and exactly what I need to run my business.

Cons

I would like it to work with Quickbooks software

Stephanie M.
  • Industry: Maritime

CRM that is what is says -Really Simple to use!

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Very good so far -we could use a lot more parts of it

Pros

Layout, simplicity, speed, lead management and diary/actions/tasks

Cons

Reporting cannot work out how to produce simple reports need to ask for telephone assistance

Andy M.

Positive

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Pros

The ability to customise forms and fields with ease. The reports are easy to construct and modify. It is also very easy to add and remove users

Cons

The format difference between iPad and desktop screeens. Sometimes the last column gets frozen when I am editing the columns on the screen

Mandy W.

Really Simple Systems Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

Can be good, but can also be frustrating at times, with both the product and support.

Pros

Can be simple to use depending on what you want to do with it.

Cons

Until recently, not able to get what I would call a basic report that we would expect to be able to give our clients.

Adam M.

Reviewed on 2017/06/06

keep it up.

Pros

Good functions easy to use and really good support and fast. The support is key and has always been good and really fast getting back and resolving issues.

Cons

Sometimes it has features you don't need or like and it would be nice to take them off the dashboard as such

Emma V.
  • Industry: Maritime

Great customisable product

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Everyone uses the system everyday and the support RSS provide is great.

Pros

Easy to customise to suit our needs and the support is fantastic and prompt

Cons

I am never sure if we are using the fill functionality and the system to its full potential

Simon B.

Good CRM for small bsuiness

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

We are using RSS in sales, marketing and support, and have been for many years, at the moment it meets our needs

Pros

Good for capturing sales pipeline information, and keeping track of tasks

Cons

Speed, RSS can sometimes be slow between tasks

David E.

Genuinely a Really Simple CRM Solution

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

It allows me to carry out all my day to day business functions. Would be lost without it

Pros

Great price and support. Easy to understand and use.

Cons

Lacks some features you find in the far more expensive systems

Bronia S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy contact management

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

Pros

It allows us to easily keep track of customer interactions and interfaces with our finance system.

Cons

It would be great to have an easy telephone call logging system.

Claire D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Easy to Use CRM

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

Have found this software to be aptly named as it "really is simple to use". The layout is clear and reporting feature is good. Support staff (and others) have all been fantastically enthusiastic and helpful. Thanks very much.

Pros

Pretty straight forward to use

Cons

Would like the time out (and relog in) to be a little longer!

Lee S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good CRM, easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Pretty seamless - pleased overall

Pros

Ease of use, clear functions, overall good user experience

Cons

The dashboard is a little busy but thats me being really picky