XLSTAT

Francis
  • Industry: Medical Practice

XLSTAT Basic - A Very Useful Inexpensive Statistical Tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

I use XLSTAT for data analysis I encounter with my clinical research and review work.

Pros

I like its integration with Excel and its multiple array of functions at an affordable price. I have been using JMP and StatView in the past. The former has gotten to be very expensive and the latter is no longer available. For a user requiring basic to moderate statistical tools this program is excellent. It does reasonable charting using Excel's capabilities. I have not tried the charting modules as they are not essential to what I do.

Cons

It took me a while to get used to it. The manual is not easy to navigate. I have looked at some tutorials and found them helpful. Perhaps setting an Introductory course to "Become a proficient XLSTAT user" lets say in 12-24 sessions could be helpful.

Response from Lumivero

Many thanks for your review! We organise a 3-Day training on XLSTAT-Base every spring and autumn. You can check out the dates at https://www.xlstat.com/en/training. Statistics webinar recordings can be also found at https://help.xlstat.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2761028-statistics-webinar-recordings?b_id=9202. Regards, the XLSTAT Team.

Jean-François
Jean-François

enjoy wit XLSTAT

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

XLSTAT is the only statistical tool I use for all my publications in the frame of quantittive ecology

Pros

Being involved in statistics for more than 50 years, I never found so easy to compute statistical tests and draw figures (more espcially for multivariate statistics) with a statistical program. The main advantage of XLSTAT is that it adds a lot of tools to Excel, now also some procesures from R (still to be extended to ade4, for instance). I recommand it, not only for students, but also to all scientists.

Cons

The price is a little too high, please make an effort to decrease it

Sali Atanga
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

XLSTAT Premium version is excellent

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

The software is user friendly and rubost for most statistical analysis including sensory data analysis

Cons

The software is a bit expensive for researchers from Less Developed Countries.

Tiffany
Tiffany

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

The overall experience has been great. The entire research team that I work with has adapted XLSTAT into our everyday work lives. It has allowed us to gather very sufficient and strong statistic analysis of data.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, the UI is simple and intuitive. There is no shortage of statistical analysis available through this software, and many options per test that ensure you can run the test according to your statistical parameters. Technical support is great. As a premium user, (support does depend on the package purchased) I generally get response within the same day, which is amazing! I would imagine that for less expensive packages it would only be a couple days wait time.

Cons

I have had issues with updating this software. I usually need to uninstall completely and reinstall the new version instead of simply updating. However, this is only a 5 minute process even still.

Teh Ho
  • Industry: Medical Devices

user experience with XLSTAT

Reviewed on 2023/10/08

Pros

Easy to do data analysis and model employment

Cons

not easy to get online help and description of function

Nicolas
Nicolas
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

XLSTAT is the only statistical plug-in that you need

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

I have used XLSTAT for biomedical data analysis running various statistiscal tests (descriptive stats, parametric and non-parametric tests, correlation) and using the gene expression and heat map plug-in. I was pleased with ease of use of the software, the intuitive interface and the extensive tutorials that are one clic away. I recommend this software to anyone looking for a powerfull statistical software without the need to learn programming (R or SAS are more versatile) or to download expensive statistical suite like SPSS, STATA or JMP.

Pros

- ease of use
- Microsoft Excel plug-in
- powerfull build-in features (with various software version according to needs/field)
- nice results layout

Cons

- subscription-based software
- academic discount is good vs. other products, but overall high price for students

Lauren
Lauren
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great for analysis of sensory science data

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

It has allowed me to analyse many sets of data for various clients: preference mapping, multiple factor analysis, principal component analysis, sensory panel performance...

Pros

I like the various options for analysis that are not easily available elsewhere - particularly for sensory science applications. Once you get used to the different menus it's fairly easy to use. The tutorials and video support are mostly very clear. The customer service is excellent with very rapid replies and solutions.

Cons

It can be difficult to use the first few times but the tutorials help explain most things and the excellent customer service helps with much of the rest. The plots can be tricky to share and require some editing before use.

Aline
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Very

Reviewed on 2023/06/28

Pros

The design methods that allows me to choose the best format.The friendly environment to use statistics, make it easier.

Cons

I wish I could use my license in any computer, with a pincode that identify myself....I wish I can analyze cdf or ava or ada files.

Karen

Great software

Reviewed on 2023/06/23

Pros

Works in Excel, easy to use even for a beginner with limited knowledge of statistics

Cons

Everything I have used so far has been straightforward so no 'cons' as yet

Tomasz

xlstst

Reviewed on 2023/11/11

Pros

intuitive analytical solutions
clear interface
intuitive descriptions of statistical results
good integration with the MS Excel environment

Cons

Limited product packages - no possibility of customization by combining selected functionalities from different packages.
Average visualization tools (I customize many charts generated by Xlstat with MS Excel tools).

Jyotishree
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Data Analysis Made Easy with XLSTAT

Reviewed on 2022/05/23

I was never a statistician but with XLSTAT I learnt so much. There tutorials are great they explain you in simple language, easy to follow. I love XLSTAT. I couldn’t have thought of any better software than this.

Pros

* Ease of use
* Very good and clear tutorials
* Convenient and doesn’t take a lot of time for analysis
* Lot of features to choose from for the data analysis
* One place and rate provides all
* Great customer support

Cons

* I have not faced anything yet
* Probably some features are not available in everything but customer support always helps and caters to your request!

Celia
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

XLstat

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Very positive experience, I start my deep statistical analysis with Xlstat and learn a lot.

Pros

I like the easiness and very intuitive interface. Clear tutorials on the website with important examples. It is a very complete tool for my daily activity. I will recommend always.

Cons

Sometimes the difficult in reinstall the old versions in other computers

Minitab and IBM SPSS Statistics

Reasons for Switching to XLSTAT

Is user-friendly, and more intuitive.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

XLSTAT for biotechnology research

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

I really took advantage for the features provided on the normal version and I will definitly will renew my supscription

Pros

I liked the easy the interface works, and the vast and powerful statistic tools on it. I used the normal version and has enough tools for research in biotechnology. When I tried the premium version I can use several techniques and I really considered to buy it.

Cons

The high price, and the economic version only last one year. I recommended that once your license ends you can continue some of the features integrated on that license and don't block you all access even the free trail.

Response from Lumivero

Thank you for your review! After your license expires, XLSTAT converts to the Free limited version so you should be able to continue using some of its features. If this is not the case, please contact our technical support team at [email protected].

Bob
Bob

Superb Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

My research entails the exploration of the data generated by test subjects making high-speed visual judgements. As it has moved through upgrades I have taken benefit of the additional functionality added into the software by the XLSTAT team. Occasionally I have messed up the upgrade or spotted a problem and the support team have been just that - they have provided excellent support and with my ability to get things wrong that has been invaluable.

Pros

XLSTAT has a range of depth of functionality even in its Basic version which is outstanding and the fact that it sits happily on top of EXCEL makes it a winner as far as I am concerned. Statistics has always been lurking in my academic and professional background but just using and experimenting with XLSTAT features on my data sets has allowed me to explore a range of possibilities that would have sent me nuts if using SPSS. An exceptional piece of software and a brilliant learning and research tool.

Cons

Nothing - it has enhanced my research no end.

Michel
  • Industry: Research

Excellent software and easy to use

Reviewed on 2022/01/25

I have used XLSTAT for many years as a part of my research projects and almost all my publications. An easy software to use that can help to generate great visual graphs for your research projects.

Pros

The software is integrated with Excel which makes the use of it extremely easy
Excellent video tutorials are provided to guide you through what you need to do for your own data analysis

Cons

More control on some of the omics tools will be a great addition to this software

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Sensory Evaluation in XLSTAT

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Our group is responsible for a large number of sensory tests. XLSTAT makes it easy to turn these studies around quickly with the tables and charts it produces.

Pros

XLSTAT makes multivariate analysis a snap. I have been a SAS user since 1982 and use it for some analysis where I need the detailed diagnostics. However, I try to utilize statistics packages that are easier to use when possible which makes it much simpler to instruct more junior scientists how to perform advanced analysis and XLSTAT is really good for this. I make it a practice to check any new statistical package against SAS results and XLSTAT passes with flying colors.

Cons

The only problem I have encountered with XLSTAT is having EXCEL crash n occasion, though this may have more to do with how our IT department has configured our computers.

Undoubtedly one of the easiest tools for statistical analysis

Reviewed on 2023/10/31

With XLSTAT I can analyze my data without too much headache, it's the most accessible statistical software I've ever used.

Pros

It's easy to understand and the fact that the data is already on the Excel sheet is just handy. No need for complicated formulas to get your results.

Cons

I find the subscription price a bit expensive.

• Industry: Research

Statistics integrated into microsoft excel

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

I am using XLSTAT for generating PCA plots and differential gene expression analysis for medical research. I found it easy and quick to perform the analysis. Integration with MS Excel and R software were the biggest selling points of the software. However, MS excel interaction may be a limitation with respect to the user friendly interaction with the software.

Pros

The statistical functions are integrated into Microsoft excel is the best feature of this software. It makes it easy to arrange the columns and rows and prepare your data for analysis. Integration with R software is a strength as well.

Cons

The statistical functions are not very intuitive and user friendly to use. The integration with MS Excel is both the software`s strength as well as a weakness.

Gabrielle
  • Used for Free Trial

Robust Statistical Package - but not first choice.

Reviewed on 2019/03/02

Awesome for researchers who are non-R users.

Awesome for researchers who are non-R users.

Pros

I am in natural science research, which means I am always looking into finding efficient data analysis options. I came across XLSTAT during my Masters. It was easy to add into Excel ( my main data management software), which allowed me to carry out multivariate analysis and do so with ease. As an excel add-in, this was ideal because it became part of the interface without me having to use different applications. This software definitely enhanced my data analysis at the time.

Cons

I had the free trial - it kept crashing and definitely had some bugs. This meant that I had to plan my data analysis accordingly, which was somewhat limiting for my research.
Second to this, I occasionally had some user issues with basic functions like data selections.
The advertisements and notices to upgrade were really irritating and deterred me from wanting to do so.
Lastly, as I continue into my PhD, I will not be buying XLSTAT because there are more powerful tools out there that are available for free - specifically R. If XLSTAT had the same capabilities but with a more user friendly approach - I would definitely not hesitate in purchasing it.

Response from Lumivero

Thank you for your review. You can certainly call any R function using our XLSTAT-R and XLSTAT-RNotebook tools. This is a user-friendly interface which allows you to call R scripts directly within Excel or using XLSTAT dialog boxes. Available in all XLSTAT solutions as well as the Trial version.

Emma
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great stats program that integrates nicely with Excel

Reviewed on 2022/02/02

Excellent. Particularly the customer service - they are responsive in a way that is rare in this day and age!

Pros

I use this software for statistical analyses for all my research and publications; it is easy to use right 'out of the box', has the functionality I need, and the customer service is outstanding.

Cons

To access some features/types of analyses, you may need to purchase license upgrades. But, given how affordable the basic software is, this allows you to add only what you need (and not pay for a lot of features you will never use).

Dylan
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

As a system admin its a great app for us. Never fails, no hassle for the users and no service calls.

Cons

The activation process causes a slight annoyance if a machine dies or a user leaves before we get to deactivate I haven't seen an easy way to deactivate the license but its a small gripe.

Suzanne
  • Industry: Higher Education

XLSTAT has changed my research

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

I continue to renew my subscription to XLSTAT. I have never needed another stats program since I started using XLSTAT. I have recommended it to many colleagues and students.

Pros

I love that XLSTAT works with Excel spreadsheets. I love the tech support. I love all of the options. When there isn't a specific statistic or graphing option available, I have been able to request it and tech has always provided my request with the new update of the software.

Cons

At times, it crashes a lot when I am running large datasets. Also, the help manual does not always have answers to the questions that I am asking. Finally, it is a bit pricey for students.

Mery
  • Industry: Chemicals

XLSTAT is really a user friendly statistical software

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

I use often XLSTAT software to understand and solve environmental problems. It is essential in my work to treat large multivariate dataset and extract the desired useful information.

Pros

This software is cheap and user friendly. Moreover it works as add-on for Excel and it exploits all its potentials. The figures obtained by this software are easily manageable and transferable in different type of files (doc, pdf, ppt, etc.). The tutorials are clear and exhaustive.

Cons

Unfortunately this software does not allow to perform very important chemometric treatments like, for example, SIMCA and bootstrap validation methods.

Julia
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Great for medical research

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

XLSTAT is easy to use and understand for people who are looking to perform more advanced statistics. In addition to the software, any question I have had has been easily answered on the XLSTAT website. I have used this program for about 2 years now and plan to continue renewing this program in the future.

Pros

This software has a wide range of statistical tests. Any statistical need I have, I am able to answer my question using XLSTAT. Other programs are very limited in the tests that are offered. I have not had this problem with XLSTAT.

Cons

Very rarely, the software will freeze, and I will lose unsaved work entirely.

John
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Thank You !!!

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

We added this as an additional piece to our great testing abilities. The statistical format, and the XLSTAT reference, is a good one to point out in the field. It's well known out there so no need to explain some hocus-pocus statistical nightmare to customers.

Pros

Software reminds me of some of the functionality of the older SAS software.
As I am used to that sort of thing... for me it's very cool.

The environment is friendly looking, EXCEL Look, so it's not too scary and that is good for some of our newer users. Don't think I have used the full spectrum of statistical functions, however, for what we require it's very nice. Output looks very impressive on our reports/presentations.

The links to the 'help' notes and examples are great features.

Cons

I would have liked to see an easier way to make it available on more machines in our laboratories/offices. I have it on one machine but I need some help in adding that across groups.