Adobe Acrobat Reviews

Adobe Acrobat

4,7 (2 386)
PDF editing with e-signatures and document review tools

(2 386)

crystal
crystal
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Adobe Acrobat Review

Reviewed on 2022/12/22

Adobe Acrobat is surprisingly smooth, reliable, and a joy to work with for all your form editing, converting, sharing, signing needs.

Pros

I liked most that when its needed the most..its easy to access and simple to conduct the tasks needed. No other software out there for this purpose, works as well as this. This is my number one, go to software for these tasks. I have tried many.

Cons

Not a thing I could possibly say bad about this software. Number one choice!

pdfFiller

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat

The other ones failed to finish the tasks needed and were difficult to access and unreliable

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat

I chose this because i exhausted all other options with bad results. So when i used Adobe Acrobat I was pleasantly surprised
Wes
Wes
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

PDF files are Ubiquitous , so it pays to be adept with Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 2022/12/12

Since PDF files are supported everywhere it's essential to dealing with documents. Once when I bought a condo I had to send the Master Deed to my insurance agent but I only had a paper copy of the deed. Luckily our printer/scanner has a scan to PDF doc feature where it sends the produced doc to my e-mail address; a life saver. My day to day experience is typically just using Acrobat for reading documents, occasionally I'll encounter a document which is setup such that I can fill-in prepared form entries with just Acrobat Reader, PRO not required.

Pros

Standards are a good thing and PDF is the de facto standard for regular documents and Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and the pre-eminent PDF reader, it's use is a no brainer.

Cons

Adobe Acrobat Pro is needed for PDF creation or adhoc free editing. Acrobat Pro is too expensive for a casual user. Therefore typically only a few workers for whom document creating/editing is an essential part of their job have a Acrobat Pro license.

Anuschka

Nothing New but still the best

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

Overall, I found it to be okay however I feel they should consider cheaper tier options for clients who don't use all the features.

Pros

I like that it's a user-friendly program and universally used all over the world. It makes working with international clients much easier.

Cons

Sometimes when I have bigger documents, it lags when I try to print and I often need to cancel the documents

PDF Reader Pro

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat

To be honest, it's more well known and generally a safer bet.
Dott. Matteo
Dott. Matteo
  • Industry: Accounting

The standard for pdf management

Reviewed on 2024/01/13

Pros

Very speed and no bug pdf manipulation program. It has some interesting features like digital sign reading and controlling. Very important for people that work with them.

Cons

Sometimes I prefer other free programs that let more function that the free version of Acrobat.

Islam
  • Industry: Hospitality

One of the most effective tools make our business more easier

Reviewed on 2024/03/21

One of the best tools ever makes work good

One of the best tools ever makes work good

Pros

Actually very beneficial tool used for alot of documents during the day

Cons

Converting different forms
Can read PDF forms

Suann

An industry standard for a reason

Reviewed on 2024/03/28

Pros

Consistency, robust tools. Less crashing than with alternatives.

Cons

Controls/menus can be awkward. Editing after the document creation is also awkward depending on how the document was created.

David
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great pdf and doc management

Reviewed on 2024/02/18

Overall I’m satisfied with it. It’s pricey but worth it. You get what you pay for

Pros

The digital signature feature is a hit for sure.

Cons

Price is up there if you’re not an enterprise client.

Ben

Adobe Acrobat Review

Reviewed on 2024/03/26

I love Adobe Acrobat and use it for multiple reports monthly. I like how you can set up a certain report in Acrobat and save it to be used multiple times by multiple people to have the same report from everyone.

Pros

I like how easy it is to make a custom format that has places to fill in for different reports that make them all the same and easy to read or follow.

Cons

Some sections of reports don't always let you fill in your information even though you set up the form correctly. You sometimes have to close it and reopen it to fill in sections.

Trevor
Trevor

PDF reader

Reviewed on 2024/03/19

Pros

It allows me to open PDF file and also convert to documents.

Cons

Adobe Acrobat is quick and operates offline.

Rex

Effective and Efficient

Reviewed on 2024/03/30

Pros

The ease of use and the low-cost options available.

Cons

Requires an Adobe account to edit PDF documents.

Ronnie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Creating and Collecting Gone Wild

Reviewed on 2021/09/06

We don’t have staff dedicated to using Acrobat DC on a daily basis. This is because the benefits of the software allow us to spend minimal time creating documents and forms, which can then be easily distributed to the proper recipients. We may not use it every day, but that is only because it works so well. The creation of forms that previously took hours of tweaking and changing only to come out less than perfect is now a simple procedure that our staff can complete without spending inordinate amounts of time trying to “figure out” what to do.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat DC has been a vital addition to our office. It integrates seamlessly into our current work environment to the point that many staff members do not even realize that we are using it. For the staff members who do use it, their unanimous response is that there will be an uprising if we cancel the subscription to the software. The ability to edit PDFs, create dynamic forms for client questionnaires, collect esignatures, and utilize OCR makes it a necessity for many departments. The staff that create the forms love the ability to easily create forms quickly that can then be distributed amongst the staff. The staff that send out the applications rave on the features that allow them to collect signatures and collate data in a fraction of the time it previously took. We don’t look at Adobe as a software program but as an employee—and one that works more efficiently at a lower cost.

Cons

Our clients who are not computer savvy seem to be averse to using Adobe Reader DC to fill out documentation. Having an interface option that resembles other popular word processors would ease that burden, but it is by no means a deal-breaker when it comes to evaluating whether to retain our license.

Randy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Adobe brings the complete table to it's PDF sector

Reviewed on 2022/12/07

I find using Adobe Acrobat fulfills the needs that I use it for.

I find using Adobe Acrobat fulfills the needs that I use it for.

Pros

Some people find software a little intimidating but Adobe softens that fear when using their PDF editor. With PDF dominating a large part of the documentation world, it only makes sense that in order to be successful, you want those using your software to understand it enough to use it. Adobe helps by explaining what something does and how to do it correctly. I wasn't too keen on PDF anything until I learned how to use Adobe Acrobat. It may not solve all your problems but it's almost certain it will solve some.

Cons

There are a handful of PDF programs out there but Adobe is the leader. There are some things that Adobe does that I haven't learned how to do yet as I haven't had the need for it so it's hard to say if there's any particular thing that I found difficult but if you want to learn how to do a certain thing with Acrobat, Adobe will help you along the way.

Adam
  • Industry: Legal Services

Use the standard to get it done right

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Lawyers can save tons of time by using a document naming and organization scheme that includes scanning to .pdf using Adobe Acrobat DC. Adobe Acrobat DC is the best for .pdf

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC integrates well with google drive that can pull up a .pdf on my phone in seconds.

Cons

Changing from a personal to a team account was a bit redundant, but okay. Once that was done it was cool to have a little picture pop up when people edited things.

Tungsten Power PDF

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat

Signatures, sharing, and standardization.

Tungsten Power PDF

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat

Adobe Acrobat is the standard software for .pdf's in the legal industry.
Allan
  • Industry: International Affairs
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

A very complete and total PDF solution

Reviewed on 2021/09/04

Adobe Acrobat has been a very useful tool for me and my team. It allows us to collaborate seamlessly in working together to edit documents. We no longer have to contend with document formatting challenges we face when we collaborate to edit document in Word. There has been an overall improvement in document consistency and turn around time since we began using Acrobat for most of our pdf needs.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat offers a complete and total package for working with pdf files. One of my favorite features in Acrobat is the ability to edit text directly in the original document without even needing to struggle to identify the source font because the program is smart And powerful enough to do all that for you.

Cons

The product license issues and frequent update notifications that never seem to go away can be very distressing. And it’s also a bit more expensive. But I guess it’s worth it for the quality it offers.

Lamin

Mr

Reviewed on 2023/04/18

I use PDF in my classes, workplace and many other needs.

I use PDF in my classes, workplace and many other needs.

Pros

Help me to covert word documents to PDF prior to sharing, the pages will be intact after sharing with other.Every working days I prepare my clients document with PDF, staff details etc.

Cons

It is not always editable by the second party; pages content is always the way you arrange them. easy to manage even in a phone, printing transferring etc.

Guy
  • Industry: Design

One of the "Must Have" programs for my office

Reviewed on 2023/04/07

I have found it to be a valuable tool for my office, since I can turn my word documents into fillable forms. Over the years, I have found that it is easier to make a form with this program. I made checklist forms for those who worked with me that they could fill out on the field and hit a submit button to email the form to me. I have also found that when I have to fill out someone elses form, I can type in the information and it is much easier to read than my own handwriting and doesn't take that much time to make it look very professional.

Pros

I liked the ability to make my own forms with the fields that are important to me and my business. I liked being able to fill out forms sent to me in PDF format, from my computer. I liked that I could also apply an accepted digital signature to documents that require it.

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to do the calculations. You had to know something about JavaScript. I still used it, but I worked around this.

Andrew
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Ubiquitous to this day

Reviewed on 2022/03/09

Overall it's what you'd expect, gripes aside this is the standard for a reason. There are other options out there, but given the feature set and how the .PDF is basically Adobe's file format, you aren't really conceding to anything but perhaps the cost when you hop into this. If you can get educational or non-profit pricing on this, it is much better than an outright retail license. Would like to see an enterprise or non-profit professional version that was optional to make deployment on a large scale a bit more flexible.

Pros

Being the program natively associated with .PDF (though others TRY and take control of them in the OS), I like that core features and anything new associated with the format will be available in Acrobat. Document consolidation is fantastic, and then the OCR function is actually pretty robust, coming in very handy for less tech-savvy users. While you do want people to grasp some of the fundamentals for PC use, it's nice to have an advanced feature like that to assist in a pinch, instead of having to explain why that's an odd thing to ask a PC.

The security features are also excellent, assisting a lot with users handling sensitive legal documents.

Cons

Deployment is my biggest gripe, as doing large-scale installation is fine...as long as you have a volume license key under single key. My organization uses multiple keys depending on the department and/or center they operate out of. This is very difficult as installation during our WDS imaging would be quite helpful, but we can't if the license key differs. This was our decision, but the price we receive as a non-profit has to be structured this way to receive the best value. It is both our fault and not our fault.

One trend that I would love to see completely cease is the incessant "Please sign in" or "You need to sign in" garbage after a license key has been applied. I've shown that the software has been paid for and this is a professional environment. We have plenty of features for document and key backup in place, we do not need for our users to get confused thinking they have to create an account simply trying to launch the software. Having to intervene during an installation only takes time out of my day that could be spent helping other users. I realize this is a nitpicky gripe, but this is such a common trend with software and I feel it needs to stop unilaterally. If it's ACTIVATED and doesn't require internet connection to run, please STOP trying to get usage information from our users.

Michael
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Why I like Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 2023/01/28

It offers a wide range of features and tools that make it easy to format and edit text, images, and other elements in a PDF document. The interface is user-friendly, making it easy to navigate even for those who are not tech-savvy. It is also compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems and can be used on a variety of devices. However, it is important to keep in mind that the software can be costly, and it may require some time and effort to learn and master all of its features.

Pros

It allows users to create and edit PDF documents, which is a widely used and accepted file format for electronic documents.It has a wide range of tools and features that make it easy to edit and format text, images, and other elements in a PDF document.It allows users to add comments, annotations, and signatures to PDF documents, making it a useful tool for collaboration and review.It has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate and understand, even for those who are not tech-savvy.It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems, and can be used on a variety of devices, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.It also allows user to convert PDF files to other formats like word, excel, powerpoint and others.It also allows user to Secure the PDF files with password protection and digital signature.

Cons

dobe Acrobat is a paid software and can be costly for some users, especially for those who only need to use it occasionally.It can be difficult for some users to learn and master all of the advanced features and tools that it offers.The software can be quite resource-intensive, which can slow down older computers or devices.It does not include all the features of other Adobe products like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop etc.It has a steep learning curve for some users, especially those who are not familiar with PDF editing and formatting tools.It requires an internet connection to validate the license and can sometimes be a problem while working offline.There are some alternatives available like Foxit PhantomPDF, Nitro Pro etc which may be less expensive and offer similar functionality.

Ahmed Farrag Gamal
Ahmed Farrag Gamal
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A solid pdf editor but not up to date!

Reviewed on 2023/04/04

Adobe Acrobat is a very solid product. The overall experience and the community (in their official community forum) make it one of the best out there. But as I mentioned, some features (especially attaching media files and creating 3D pdf files) need to be improved and worked on.

Pros

We all know Adobe Acrobat! One of the first powerful pdf editors out there. The Editor is capable of doing everything! For basic editing and even for OCR there are better alternatives! for OCR and convert a normal pdf to a searchable pdf file, Abby Finereader is a better alternative in my opinion. But why Adobe Acrobat is above all? it is because Adobe decided to allow us to integrate our Plugins (written in JavaScript language). So basically if I need to execute automatic editing in a document, add a personalized Stamp and many other things, I can do them with Plugins. And there are third-party plugins to purchase available online.

Cons

The file formats required to be able to attach them to the pdf and the preview functions to add 3D models and media files are still limited and not up to date. (it is still not possible to add .STL files directly!). Also, when I add 3D Models in Microsoft Word and convert the word document to pdf, Adobe Acrobat doesn't recognize the 3D Model and substitutes it with a fixed image. this is so annoying since I then have to manually crop the image and replace it with the same 3D file!

pasan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Why should we choose Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 2023/04/27

Adobe Acrobat is a powerful and widely used software tool for creating, editing and managing PDF files. It provides advanced features such as adding and removing text, images, and multimedia content, creating fillable forms, and securing documents with passwords and digital signatures.One of the benefits of Adobe Acrobat is its integration with other Adobe products, making it a valuable tool for users who work with multiple Adobe applications. It also has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, and its collaboration features enable multiple people to review and edit documents simultaneously.However, Adobe Acrobat can be expensive, especially for smaller businesses or individuals who don't need all the advanced features. Additionally, some users may find the software resource-intensive or complex, and the mobile app has limited features compared to the desktop version.Overall, Adobe Acrobat is a powerful and useful tool that is well-regarded by many professionals and businesses. While it may not be the best fit for everyone, its advanced features and integration with other Adobe products make it a valuable asset for those who work with PDF files regularly.

Pros

Advanced PDF creation and editing features: Adobe Acrobat provides advanced features for creating and editing PDF files, such as adding and removing text, images, and multimedia content, creating fillable forms, and securing documents with passwords and digital signatures.Integration with other Adobe products: Adobe Acrobat integrates seamlessly with other Adobe products, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, allowing users to create and edit PDF files using other Adobe applications, such as Photoshop and InDesign.Cross-platform compatibility: Adobe Acrobat creates PDF files that are universally accessible and can be opened on any platform, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.User-friendly interface: Adobe Acrobat has a user-friendly interface, making it easy for users to navigate and find the features they need.Collaboration features: Adobe Acrobat allows users to collaborate on PDF files, enabling multiple people to review and edit documents simultaneously, and providing tools for tracking changes and adding comments.Access to cloud-based storage: Adobe Acrobat allows users to access cloud-based storage services, such as Adobe Document Cloud and Dropbox, to store and share PDF files securely.

Cons

Cost: Adobe Acrobat is a paid software, and the cost can be relatively high, especially for small businesses or individuals who don't need all the advanced features.Resource-intensive: Adobe Acrobat can be resource-intensive, particularly when working with large PDF files, which can slow down the user's computer.Complexity: Adobe Acrobat has many advanced features and settings, which can be overwhelming for new users or those who are not familiar with the software.Security concerns: While Adobe Acrobat provides security features such as password protection and digital signatures, PDF files can still be vulnerable to cyber attacks, such as malware or phishing.Limited mobile app features: While Adobe Acrobat is available for mobile devices, the mobile app has limited features compared to the desktop version, which can be frustrating for users who need to work on PDF files while on the go.

tshegofatso
tshegofatso
  • Industry: Entertainment

Adobe: The best PDF editor and creator especially for business use.

Reviewed on 2023/10/24

Despite being expensive and complicated, once you learn to use it effectively it saves you time and improves your work productivity. There's nothing better than knowing that your work is safely stored and that you can access it at any time, anywhere, using any device. It's actually a great value for money.

Pros

Security features - documents are kept safe and unauthorized persons can access them. Easy to make changes to a PDF document like editing and sharing files using links that can be sent via email.Their customizable form fields are flexible allowing users to create text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, drop-down lists, etc, while designing forms tailored to their specific needs.It saves time by providing pre-existing forms, templates, or invoices to enable us to only edit according to our specifications without having to start from scratch.

Cons

The Adobe full-featured version is expensive.It has a lot of features that can be complex for new users, so people need to take time to learn to use it effectively.

Irfan
Irfan
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Create and Edit PDF files Without Hassle

Reviewed on 2021/09/15

Adobe Acrobat is an essential tool that we use all the time. Our program schedules are prepared in PDF and it is also used to compile advertisements plans. We need to revisit these documents and make many changes after the first draft is created, and it's all done in Adobe Acrobat. It is also used to view and print documents. Over the past several years, Adobe has had a positive impact on our business and played its part in the overall growth cycle.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader is an excellent software to view PDF files. It lets you save your documents on Cloud and view them from anywhere. Once a document is opened in the application, you can directly send it to email, or take out prints. Adobe Acrobat has a great repertoire of helpful tools. Using its easy interface, you can create a PDF, combine files, organize forms and pages, edit documents, export single pages or multiple pages, and enhance your documents with rich media. Document review options are simply awesome. Adding comments and notes, highlighting text in different colors are the most used features at my company. I particularly love the side-by-side comparison feature that immensely helps with my work.

Cons

It is a bit pricey as we have also used Fixit Reader to do a similar job. Moreover, learning how to use Adobe Acrobat for its full benefits, is a tedious job. Some of my colleagues can't put their finger on Acrobat finding it quite messy and complicated. Nevertheless, everyone for their own.

ahmed
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Adobe Acrobat DC

Reviewed on 2022/03/29

My experience is very wonderful and I rely on it completely in my work and in my home and during my university studies I did not buy paper books and replaced them with a tambourine and increased work on it after I was on the phone
I am really grateful to this company, which is part of my daily entertainment, work and cultural life

Pros

• So useful for this day and age. I can set up fields I want filled, mark certain ones as required and then save & send for completion.
• Multiplatform (desktop, mobile, and web)
• Offers PDF editing and conversion options
• Fast high-quality output delivery
• Print to PDF
• Forms to fillable PDFs conversions
• PDFs to Office formats conversions

Cons

• Unfortunately, recently, my office has been fighting a battle with Reader DC which have forced us to go back and purchase older copies of Reader just to be able to do our daily tasks. For some reason, the newest updates have picked a battle with what seems to be certain HP print drivers, rendering all Windows processes extremely slow, especially upon printing.
• The trial period is short
• I've tried pulling images from PDFs using Acrobat DC and sometimes it works like a charm and other times it just doesn't work. It pixelates the image or it doesn't pull the entire thing.
• When converting files from PDF to Microsoft program, the quality is low and the format must be worked on again
• I wish Adobe could be more cost efficient.

Luba
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Excellence does not come cheap

Reviewed on 2021/11/23

The ability to quickly create pdf's from scratch, converted from photoshop files, MS word documents and even web pages (see caveat) is pretty life changing. We have been paying for Creative Cloud for ages and only last year realized that Acrobat was part of the package.

Pros

Acrobat is kind of the gold standard - what with inventing pdf and everything. My favorite and most used feature is its seamless integration for the Adobe creative package which also includes photoshop, indesign, and illustrator. As a wholesale art and design firm, we are constantly creating customized catalogs and look books for prospective customers. Acrobat makes it incredibly easy to generate a unique wholesale catalog, tear sheet and order form using a combination of images and documents created in other Adobe products.

Cons

One thing that is missing that should be part of the Adobe software is the ability to create a long single-page PDF from a web page web page. Right now, when I bring over text from our online store, there is a page break that shows up every time Adobe recognizes an end of viewable screen. This makes a document that should only be two or three pages long ... turn into a small book. It's annoying that I have to manually undo the page breaks every single time. Adobe should recognize and eliminate that problem.

Jack

Best PDF Viewer at a cost

Reviewed on 2023/04/16

Overall, I was thoroughly impressed with Adobe Acrobat and would highly recommend it to anyone in need of a powerful and versatile PDF editor. However, the cost and complexity of the software may make it less accessible for some users, and the limited customization options may be frustrating for those who require more control over the appearance of their documents.

Pros

One of the standout features of Adobe Acrobat is its user-friendly interface. The software is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it simple to accomplish tasks such as merging, splitting, and editing PDFs. Additionally, the software offers a range of editing tools, including the ability to add text, images, and even video to PDFs. The software works seamlessly across Windows, Mac, and mobile devices, allowing for easy collaboration and sharing.

Cons

While Adobe Acrobat has many impressive features, there are also some drawbacks that should be noted. One of the main issues is the cost. Compared to other PDF editors on the market, Adobe Acrobat is significantly more expensive, which may make it less accessible for some users.