Write a Review!
Graphic designing and image editing software

4.8/5
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5

Rogelio
Rogelio
  • Industry: Online Media

A photo editor worth the try... because you'll stay

Reviewed on 2022/03/25

I came from Photoshop to Affinity and loved it. I use this everyday to give my clients great products like online ads, photo retouches, photo editing, compositions... wow... all
And the digital drawing is such a big feature for me that I can create smooth lines at ease.

Pros

The price. It's inexpensive compared to Photoshop. But not only that, it's set of tools are top-level and give you all the fluidity and smoothness when working with photos that you won't miss Photoshop. And not only for photos but for graphic design as well, it lets you create Instagram ads or a cover for a document.
I also use Affinity Photo for sketching and drawing, I bought a set of tools and I've been using this for hand drawings for a book, great results.

Cons

Affinity is slowly getting it's hype. So, while we get there, you'll find that there are brushes and plugins for Photoshop all over the internet but not for Affinity Photo. So... we need to wait a bit.

Mike

Excellent value for photo retouching

Reviewed on 2022/10/24

The package gives great value for money with multi-layer editing, masking and all the features you would expect in a photo editing/retouching package.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to import Photoshop plugins.

Cons

Minor things like AI background removal not being available

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Photo

The licensing model for Affinity makes more sense for us and is not subscription based. It is also great value for money when compared to Creative Cloud.

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to Affinity Photo

Ease of use and very easy to make the switch from Photoshop with the keyboard muscle memory
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Affinity Photo review

Reviewed on 2022/01/07

Very pleased with this, good value for money and easy to learn.

Very pleased with this, good value for money and easy to learn.

Pros

Similar to Photoshop and works really well on a Mac or PC. No monthly subscription costs so much better value for money versus Adobe software.

Cons

Some features our users said were not the same or not available compared to Adobe Photoshop - however we have not generally had an issue long term.

Shawn
  • Industry: Design

Does 95% of what Photoshop can do, but for 95% less money. It's a no brainer.

Reviewed on 2022/07/12

I use it for personal photo editing, for web design, and some light logo design. I think the product is marvelous, and they just keep making it better.

Pros

This software does everything the average photo editing user could ever need, and almost anything a professional could need as well. It's easy to learn, easy to use, and it doesn't have any recurring fees. This is an absolute must have purchase.

Cons

Nothing. Honestly, I don't have a single con I can think of. I own this on PC and iPad Pro and I can't think of a single con.

Matthew

Affinity is a legitimate Photoshop competitor at a fraction of the price and no ongoing costs.

Reviewed on 2021/07/28

Pros

Affinity Photo is a competent alternative to Adobe Photoshop, and one that does so with a cheap initial purchase price and no ongoing subscription costs. I have found that everything I have needed to do in Photoshop can be done in Affinity, however sometimes the workflow is slightly different so taking a short training course it's definitely worth it.

Affinity seems a lot faster and less buggy than Photoshop in a lot of areas. There are also some places in which Affinity Photo is better than Photoshop. For example, Affinity gives a preview of the effect the tool selected will do to the image so you can get it perfect before committing to any modifications. Additionally, having separate personas that you choose depending on what you wish to do to the image helps cut down on clutter and allows you to focus better.

Cons

I haven't experienced any issues with the software, with the only negative being that if you are accustomed to another piece of software it can take some time to adjust. It can be difficult to find tutorials, and unless you are willing to pay money for a course there is a lot of trial and error.

Pinar

A Capable, Cheap, And Easy-To-Use Alternative To Photoshop

Reviewed on 2022/11/11

I use Affinity Photo for basic image editing purposes but I still have to switch back to Photoshop when I need more advanced features. I'm hoping that Affinity will get better with each update because I like the ease of use compared to Photoshop.

Pros

I like experimenting with the procedural texture filter in Affinity Photo. With this filter, you can come up with pretty interesting results. I also like the fact that you can do most basic image editing work without the need for Photoshop.

Cons

Affinity Photo is totally sufficient for basic image editing but I wish it had AI-backed masking options like Photoshop too. I also need Photoshop for making textures still. I wish they were mostly doable in Affinity Photo, too.

Rachel
  • Industry: Photography

Affinity Photo User Friendly and Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2022/03/01

I have used it for my photography and it meets all of my needs!

I have used it for my photography and it meets all of my needs!

Pros

I love the section that allows me to edit RAW photos, it opens RAW photos automatically in the DEVELOP section. It opens RAWs of any brand of camera. Canon, Nikon, Pentax, etc.

Cons

The software doesn't have a Lightroom like Adobe Photoshop.

Srdan
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Affinity photo overview

Reviewed on 2022/04/10

Overall its an excellent photo editing tool that I use daily.

Overall its an excellent photo editing tool that I use daily.

Pros

The app totaly integrates with the M1 chip power and the editing tools are way more precise than Photoshops.

Cons

It can be little tricky in the begining until you learn all the tools.

Carole
  • Industry: Photography

Great Photoshop alternative

Reviewed on 2022/09/08

So far so good. I am very pleased with Affinity Photo as it is very fast and handles my large files. I don't do much retouching though so a pay-monthly software didn't make any sense for me. It has all the tools I need.

Pros

Very easy to use. Many tools are similar to Photoshop so the switch wasn't too difficult.
One time payment which is great when you are a light user like me. Loads of tutorials available.

Cons

I haven't explored the personas yet as it seems quite complicated.

Johnny
Johnny

Reviewed on 2021/07/09

I use almost image work with Affinity Photo. This wonderful application can co work with Affinity Designer for every design work process like Pixel to Vector. Even need to fix and feature, Perpetual License and Low product price is Big merit. Most of all, the result of this products are good for serious project.

Pros

1 : No Subscription Policy. It's perfect perpetual license and price is low.
2 : Fast navigate and can handling big project. I have done one massive composition file over 10 Giga and it works.
3 : external plug-in compatible. i use neat image photoshop plug-in with affinty photo without any problem.
4 : Panorama and stack (include astrophotography) feature is excellent.
5 : Refine feature. This process made me spend less effort and time to make mask from fuzzy object.

Cons

1 : User can't change scratch disk. if you face "disk full error" you can't proceed until empty you system disk. Let user change or add external disk as scratch disk option need.
2 : Selecting layer from working screen is very frustrating. It means can't select wanted layer among overlapped layers with right click list checking. User must find in layer palette. this is horrible when many layer project.
3 : Little bit training need to using mask workflow. newbie user confusing when work with mask layer. also, I hope to let user enable transform separately with mask.
4 : No Batch RAW processing.
5 : No response to user's question.

Wil

Reviewed on 2022/04/06

Great Product, and integrates well with their other programs

Great Product, and integrates well with their other programs

Pros

Great cheaper alternative to Adobe Photoshop. Has Apps for Mac, Windows, and iOS/iPadOS

Cons

takes a little to get used to with different environment options

Photopea , Inkscape and Pixlr

Reasons for Choosing Affinity Photo

Adobes subscription price, and overall changes to the Adobe Suite
Hailey
  • Industry: Fine Art

Forget about Adobe Photoshop - Get this!

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

This is the best investment I have ever made! Please stop wasting your money on Adobe Photoshop's monthly fees and just get Affinity Photo and Designer.

Pros

This is almost identical to Adobe Photoshop but it struggles less in terms of loading and is a one time payment.

Cons

To achieve the full effect of Adobe Photoshop with Affinity software you need at least both Affinity Photo and Designer, Publisher goes beyond Adobe Photoshop's capabilities.

Marie
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Photoshop Replacement

Reviewed on 2021/07/27

Pros

I like that I can do the basics of Photoshop within this application.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to do all the things I was used to doing in Photoshop. The "personas" are a bit confusing for me but I am able to get done what I need to as a cover designer.

Deborah
Deborah
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

BEST PRICE, Quality and Ease of Use!

Reviewed on 2021/11/09

I bought this because I was working on a project that needed CMYK and it was taking a few months. The monthly cost of Adobe was annoying. Some months I wasn't even opening the program. Additionally, when I did open it I would need to wait (and wait and wait) for updates.

When I purchased Affinity it was a one-time cost and I still get the updates (which have been less frequent).

Additionally, I had a hard time learning Adobe. I've used GIMP for about 15 years and the only reason I needed Adobe was for the CMYK exported files. Adobe was complicated for me to learn even with a lot of instructions and tutorials over a few months. I was able to quickly learn how to use Affinity the tutorials are succinct and the software is brilliant!

Pros

Price: A One-Time Price (instead of a monthly subscription).
CYMK: This is a required color mode for most professional printing. The settings are simple and the output is gorgeous!
Ease of use: Much easier than Adobe to learn and to use.
Multiple app options (I am using windows desktop) and multiple languages!

Cons

Three Platforms: The primary CON is there are three software programs (Photo, Publisher, and Designer) from this company that are each sold and used separately. The good thing is, now we can toggle between them, seemingly on the fly making it easier to use different features on the same artwork. But, they are still stand-alone when it comes to updates, so each program will need to be updated individually, be sure to update each one when they have updates to download and install.

Kahliph
  • Industry: Media Production

Fast, efficient, efficient. Affinity Photo, the Solution for your photo editing.

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

Pros

positive point of Affinity Photo is that it is interoperable with photoshop but also with certain Adobe formats. Affinity photo, for example, opens any PSD file taken out of Photoshop, which allows a smooth transition from one software to another. Especially since the very similar and optimized interface allows a quick start. Certainly, some functions may be missing, but all those present are linked by macros and are often much more accessible than in Photoshop. It's awesome.Aldo, big blow in the market is that it probably has the best value for money!

Cons

Despite a generally successful application, I have already had to deal with some problems in relation to the stability of the software. Indeed the latter has some problems of lags and untimely closures. Nothing recurring, but it can happen. The last negative point that I note on the suite offered by Serif Europe is the absence of certain features present at Adobe. The deformation and pattern creation tools are currently not present in the software, but it may only be a matter of time given the frequency of updates to the Affinity suite.

Michael
  • Industry: Design

Affinity Photo an excellent alternative to the big competitor

Reviewed on 2022/09/07

Use it for work and it has replaced photoshop. No more subscription fees for creative cloud.

Pros

Probably the best alternative to the industry standard everyone knows as photoshop. Provides all the necessary features to work with images, compositions, and integrate into photography workflows.

Cons

Still missing a few things that are comparable to photoshop such as actions, and full integration into photoshop mockups. Example a mockup we used at work had strange lines appear when exporting the file.

Steve
Steve

Great image editing software

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

It's a great cost effective photo/image editing/manipulation piece of software.

It's a great cost effective photo/image editing/manipulation piece of software.

Pros

Affinity Photo has a great set of features that are easy to use, much more cost effective than the market leader and if you use any other Serif/Affinity product the workflow is very similar. Lots of great features like background cleanup and object removal.

Cons

Some bits can be quirky, but easy to get used to.

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Effective app, but hard to learn

Reviewed on 2023/11/23

I found it extremely powerful, but also complicated. 20+ years ago we had to use fancy apps since there was nothing else. Now, for simple tasks, like clearing skin and adjusting brightness you can use free photo editor on your smartphone. However, if you wish to dwell into advanced features, this is a great app, and well worth the cost. Wife and I are planning to use it more in a near future.

Pros

It lot of functionality. You can it as beginner, intermediary, and expert. We are able to greatly enhance our photos by simple features, such us - minimize pixilation, adjust brightness, remove objects, layer manipulation. Layout is customizable. Unlike several similar aps it has several "Persona buttons". You can chose Photo persona (basics described above), Liquidity persona (liquid effect like style editing), Develop persona, and few more.

Cons

Without tutorials its very hard to understand. Its not one of those aps you can explore and discover by using.

The best photo editor at one time cost.

Reviewed on 2021/06/08

It was a better alternative for us to reduce costs, since we were previously on a subscription-based tool. We can still manipulate the old psd files.

Pros

Actually very easy to use, and a great alternative to its subscription-based alternatives. It has a lot of features, and you can manipulate psd files without issues.

Cons

Changing over took some time, but once you learn how to use it you won't go back.

Sean

Exactly what you need it for, it does

Reviewed on 2022/03/14

Pros

Feels familiar enough to make the jump from Photoshop. For me it's a perfect fit to mock up/change up images really quickly.

Cons

Seems to take longer to start up these days. But that's a small issue.

Elizabeth
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

A great alternative for Photoshop

Reviewed on 2022/12/21

Pros

I'm new to the photo editing hobby and wanted something similar to Photoshop but at a better cost. Affinity photo was the perfect solution to that! I love that it features basically everything that Photoshop does but at a fraction of the price. Nice interface, smooth interactions, and very accessible on my iPad

Cons

There's a pretty steep learning curve when getting started with this software. I had only minimal photoshop knowledge, and figured that this app would have some tutorials or walkthroughs to help me on my editing journey. I was able to find some on YouTube but would have preferred some examples on the app instead.

abdo
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent image editor for architecture

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

Pros

The program is so powerful either many features to improve real estate images. The pricing is fair.

Cons

It has too many tools that could take a lot of time to learn.

Ivan
Ivan

Amazing Photoshop alternative

Reviewed on 2021/07/04

Very positive and reliable. Cuts out monthly costs and delivers very powerful software.

Pros

Comprehensive Photoshop alternative with feature parity but faster and better export options. Very easy to pickup being an avid Photoshop user for the last decade and the price point makes it an absolute no brainer.

Cons

Nothing so far - there is a bit of a discovery phase to mirror certain actions or functions of Photoshop. Once you get thru that loop, Affinity Photo sits in the same league of the art software.

Paul
Paul

Inexpensive Yet Just As Good As Other Premium Photo Editors

Reviewed on 2022/12/06

Pros

Affinity Photo is an affordable and effective way to edit image files on the go. It offers users the ability to process photos without having to invest in a subscription with a lock-in contract. This is a huge plus for me!

Cons

AI background removal can be rather tricky to achieve. There is a bit of a learning curve to overcome, but, easily achieved with the abundance of documentation and tutorials.

Andrew

Fantastic Value for Money

Reviewed on 2022/10/19

Our company use this software to enable us to produce marketing materials in house, saving us the large cost of outsourcing this work.

Pros

The software is very inexpensive for all the features that it offers, which is fantastic value for money for a one off payment. The features are really simple to use, which anyone with basic IT skills could learn quickly.

Cons

We haven't discovered any features on this software which we dont find useful yet!