iWave

Nonprofit organizations that include community foundations,

Matthew
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My favorite resource, paid or otherwise

Reviewed on 2022/02/04

My favorite resource, paid or otherwise, would definitely have to be iWave, with the reason being that it offers effectively everything (with the only exception being the lack of capacity calculator). It is always my first stop when trying to find anything from contact information to job titles to stock data, it very often provides even more complete and comprehensive giving information than Research Point, and its company search feature is an incredibly useful tool indeed. My job would be significantly more difficult without it.

Pros

The product has the ablility to search from contact information to Job titles to Stock data. It very often provides even more complete and comprehensive giving information than Research Point, and its company search feature is an incredibly useful tool indeed.

Cons

iWave has a lack of capacity calculator which would help gauge an individuals total wealth.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Hi Matthew, thank you for your review!

iWave Capacity is an estimated five-year dollar amount of what an individual could potentially give. To learn more about iWave's capacity calculation, please reach out to your Client Success Manager or our support team, we'd be happy to hear any feedback you have!

Brian

My Preferred Software for Prospect Research

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

iWave helps me conduct thorough prospect research on our client's donors.

iWave helps me conduct thorough prospect research on our client's donors.

Pros

iWave provides a plethora of features that make conducting prospect research easy and allows me to use my time efficiently. Most importantly, iWave is up-to-date with their information and they are always rolling out new features.

Cons

One feature I would like to see created is a feature that allows you to remove foundations from search results that do not accept unsolicited grant applications/LOI's. Foundation Directory Online has such a feature so I often find myself having to use it to "weed out" foundations from my search results when I need to find ones that accept unsolicited grant applications/LOI's.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Hi Brian, thank you for your review! Great suggestion, I've forwarded along to our team!

Michelle

Valuable for prospect research

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

Pros

I think it's very easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

I wish that it integrated easier with Raiser's Edge

Response from iWave Information Systems

Thank you for your review, Michelle. I've provided your comments about the Rasier's Edge integration to the appropriate team members.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team for assistance with your integration.

Jane

Regular user

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

In general, I find iWave to be a friendly and responsive company to work with. If I have an issue, I get a prompt, human response. It doesn't hurt that at my annual conference, they throw the best, most imaginative parties :)

Pros

I love that I can do multiple searches with just one input, so it really gives me a snapshot of the person I'm looking for. I really like that they include screenings in with the subscription, which for our purposes is all we need. I like that I can do separate searches in specific databases if I need to.

Cons

When searching for somebody with a common name, the results tend to come back with any name that starts with those same 2-3 letters, so "Mary Miller" will also pull Margaret and Margie and Marjorie and Martha, and there's no way to limit to just the Marys.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Hi Jane, thank you for your review and for your honest feedback regarding common names. I have passed along that feedback to our team so they can review.

PS: We hope to see you at some conferences in person this year!

Eva
  • Industry: Entertainment

User friendly research tool

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

I have used iWave across three different organizations. I have experience with other similar products and have found iWave to be the most user-friendly. This allows a wide variety of development team members to use the product to their advantage, even if they have not had a great deal of experience with prospect research tools.

Pros

I appreciate the product's user friendly design. I have not personally used iWave for bulk screenings (although another user within our company has), but I find it very easy to find and understand information on individual and institutional prospects that is helpful to my fundraising success.

Cons

In the past, I found the feature that creates individual profiles to be cumbersome and lacking in flexibility, which prevents a customized profile to be generated. I almost never use this feature as a result.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Hi Eva, thank you for your review. Please reach out to your Client Success Manager or our support team regarding profiles, we've made some improvements that you may be pleased with!

Danielle
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

We love iWave for the layers of insight it gives into our prospects.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

We're able to find information via iWave's sources that we can't get at any other way. It fills in the gaps our other research solution leaves open, and it's flexible enough to let us work with data the way that works best for us.

Pros

iWave aggregates the information into easy-to-browse layers. We like that we can collect the relevant data into PROfiles, and that the system weeds out duplicate records on its own if we happen to add something to a previous PROfile that was already there. The breakout categories on philanthropic giving are helpful, as is the PRO Score. We frequently search giving by the foundation name, if we find one attached to a prospect, which we have a hard time doing in our other research solution. The wealth of business contact information in ZoomInfo is indispensable.

Cons

We're dying for the integration with Raiser's Edge to happen. We used to be heavier users of iWave, but when we integrated our other research solution to our database, we shifted usage over there. PROfiles are glitchy sometimes, and there's a lack of ability to sort and customize what goes into them compared to what we'd like to have.

Leticia

Good Tool

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

Pros

I like that this integrates multiple data sources and the updates are served at the schedule of the data source.
It's great that you can create donor profiles and choose which pieces of information match your donor.

Cons

I wouldn't mind having a more precise way to look at obituaries or to have a way to upload a list and see if the names match any obituaries.
I wish there could be an option to expand the number of hits one gets from RelSci data source.
It would be useful to be able to look at historical addresses.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Thank you for your review, Leticia.

Great feedback! I've forwarded it along for review.

Donna

iWave review

Reviewed on 2022/02/01

I appreciate being able to access various databases in one place. It makes my job so much easier.
My...

My only issue is a personal one in that I don't take the time to review all the products the software offers. I am very habitual when I'm doing my research. I am in and out of so many different types to software at a fairly quick pace.

Pros

iWave is my first go to for looking up real estate information. I mostly use iWave for CoreLogic. I heavily rely on this database for my field of work. I also find value in the Alumni search mode.

Cons

I cannot think of anything at the top of my head at this time.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Hi Donna, thank you for your review.

If you'd ever like to dive deeper into what iWave has to offer, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Client Success Manager or our support team, they'll be happy to help!

Rebecca

I use iWave because it's an amazing resource to help our non-profit raise more funds!

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

Using PROSearch and validating the excellent results it returns makes my job so much easier. Also, when I'm updating the propensity of a prospect, VeriGift oftentimes gives me more recent and numerous gifts than other tools I've tried. iWave's training and customer service is top notch, too. I switched from another well-known prospect research tool a few years back and I'm so glad I did. We're a smaller organization and for the money, iWave is the best prospect research tool out there!

Cons

The only potential drawback is that iWave does not currently integrate as easily with our donor management system, but what's really cool is iWave listened to it's clients and is working out a solution. Thank you, iWave!

Peter
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

I miss the old look-up format

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

Pros

It aggregates a good deal of information in one place. Information about employment, corporate affiliation and corporate value, home ownership, and philanthropy are all very useful to me. As is the contact information.

Cons

I really miss the easier form for searching for individuals, particularly a)the ability to enter an address rather than just the city and town, which made it easier to find property held by an LLC registered to the address rather than in an individual's name; and b) the ability to enter the search information without having to use a pull-down menu--that was simply, manually, easier.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Thank you for your review and feedback, Peter! I've forwarded along your feedback to our team.

Heather

Mission Critical Tool for Prospecting and Fundraising

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

Pros

The new "Connections" feature is going to be very exciting to utilize and I see great potential for creative prospecting. iWave as a whole feels fairly intuitive to use and I appreciate that so many resources are compiled into one tool (D&B, DatabaseUSA, Thomson Reuters, foundation connections, etc.). Additionally, since I work closely with our planned giving team, I am appreciating the addition of a planned giving score and even with previously created profiles, all one has to do is simply click the refresh button to have the score added.

Cons

Occasionally I find that some of my filters within Real Estate, for example, will have changed and I need to go back in and reset them. In Real Estate, I would love the ability to click on a link to see/verify where the real estate information came from.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Hi Heather, thank you for your review! Glad to see you're as excited for iWave Connections as we are!

Thank you for your feedback regarding sources for real estate information, I have forwarded that along to our product team.

Alyssa
  • Industry: Performing Arts

An essential tool for prospect researchers

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

My overall experience with iWave is very positive. While there are some instances where data isn't perfect, it's a great place to start vetting information.

Pros

I appreciate that it aggregates various information data sets in a single research database. It is intuitive and user friendly so the ease of use is perfect. Being able to search and then access annual reports is an essential part of determining philanthropic inclination and capacity, which is essential to my work.

Cons

Occasionally I find gift types are improperly labelled in iWave (ex. cumulative gift listings being labelled as annual gifts). As a result, I regularly double check the gift type, so it's great to have direct access to the annual reports, etc. being referenced. It would be great if there was a feature to report these records.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Thank you for your review, Alyssa. Great feedback, I have passed it along to our product team!

Roberta
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

iWave a great value for your investment

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

iWave meets most needs I have for the products use. They are continually adding more value to the subscription while keeping it in the same price range.

Pros

The ability to search individual sectors like real estate, foundations, etc.

Cons

When you leave a crated profile to verify a fact in search, you have to locate the profile you were working on again from the list and open it. Wish it could just open to what I was last looking at.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Hi Roberta, thank you for your review! Great suggestion to have a history of recent profiles you've opened, I've forwarded that suggestion along to our product team.

Elisa

Important Tool in the Researcher's Toolbox

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

Pros

General search is the best for people. I love seeing all the information in one place. Real estate is also great alternative to looking up property in county assessor's office.

Cons

Tricky to find certain details. Don't love that the screening software now only shows up 25 lines at a time. I wish it was the general search where you can look specifically at the set of data.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Thank you for your review, Elisa. I've made note of your comments regarding screening and passed them along to our team.

Sharlotte

Great Prospecting Tool

Reviewed on 2022/02/01

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and gives important information that I often can't find elsewhere to help in qualifying donors. I can find donations that aren't on any other site.

Cons

The way the search works sometimes in only allowing very specific searches, primarily in the real estate tab. If you type too much, then the property won't show up.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Thank you for your review, Sharlotte. I've forwarded along your feedback regarding searches.

Dawn
Dawn

Great research tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I love iWave and use it almost daily in combination with other research tools

I love iWave and use it almost daily in combination with other research tools

Pros

My favorite part of this software is the real estate section, as it provides much more information than most other products that we use. Information on ownership, sales and transactions comes in very handy

Cons

as with any research tool, its always best to be able to verify the information using another source. The charitable giving database is getting much better.

powerful datasets, gold-standard interface

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

iWave PRO brings together excellent datasets for professional background, charitable giving, real estate, and other areas. The interface is the best in the industry, making it very easy to query based on prospect names or indirectly. Results can be easily exported for additional analysis and reporting.

Cons

The profile-building feature is not strong, and the company has been cagey about its batch screening functionality.

Carol
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

I have been a customer for many years. I appreciate that IWave responds to the needs of its...

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Able to check data against other search products. Very reliable, never down.

Able to check data against other search products. Very reliable, never down.

Pros

Ease of use. Very reasonably priced. Is a one stop shop for all research needs. Customer service is courteous and quick. Love being able to use all the different databases.

Cons

Lately the matches on names are not close enough. Not crazy about the profile layout. Sometimes the data is old or incorrect and there is no quick way to correct it.

Layne

Love iWave!

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

Pros

This is the easiest software I've used. It collects so many different data points onto one screen and is super easy to use and understand.

Cons

There are no significant cons for me. I wish there was a way to search for someone's spouse along with the original name.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Thank you for your review, Layne!

Mark

Great product

Definitely positive. It helps in our work daily

Definitely positive. It helps in our work daily

Pros

Excellent for determining philanthropy, board memberships, and finding property and political giving

Cons

Some information could be organized more efficiently

Response from iWave Information Systems

Thank you for your review, Mark. So happy to hear you're pleased with iWave!

Beth

Decent Tool

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

Pros

Ability to look into who holds a property; aggregate philanthropy information

Cons

Interface can be a little clunky; customization of searches leaves something to be desired.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Thank you for your review, Beth! I've submitted your feedback to our team.

Kelly

Great overall

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

Pros

Makes it easy to get to primary sources.

Cons

Would be nice if it was easier to merge duplicate Profiles.

Response from iWave Information Systems

Hi Kelly, thank you for your review!

I've made note of your feedback regarding merging profiles and passed it along to our product team.

jeffrey

iWave -- Don't Prospect Research Without It!!

Reviewed on 2022/02/01

Finding great information for our prospects.

Finding great information for our prospects.

Pros

Ease of features and quality of the information provided

Cons

Sometimes the information from Zoom Info os not up to date

Response from iWave Information Systems

Thank you for your review, Jeffrey!

Nicole
  • Industry: Performing Arts

iWave is great for your basic to intermediate needs for anything prospect research related.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

It's easy to use! Very intuitive. The PROscreen and PROfiles function is extremely helpful. iWave constantly tries to improve itself and work for its clients. Plus, their customer service is beyond anything I've ever experienced. Every iWave employee I've interacted with has been exceptional.

Cons

The filtering and exporting feature isn't advanced or easy to use. Sometimes the software is too easy to use and generic. I've found the PROscore to not be very accurate at times.

Matt
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Invaluable tool to build a database, create profiles, and prioritize funding prospects.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

Quick and easy access real estate holdings (we are a land trust), giving when available, addresses for database building, and wealth. It is also handy in a small geographical location where a small number of donors support many causes to see who is supporting who, at what level. Just getting into institutional funding research.

Cons

Didn't get onboarded very well. Am self taught and feel like I'm not using profile builder to max potential.