Buy Now, Pay Later

Tikisha
Tikisha
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Afterpay is a great way to pay for Items Over Time.

Reviewed on 2022/05/06

Overall, Afterpay is easy to use with great flexibility & convenience right at the tip of your fingers. You also can change your payment methods at anytime & they also offer the option to delay your payment at no additional costs.

Pros

I like the flexible payment options that they offer at a 0% Apr. I also like the fact that, for every dollar spent with Afterpay it becomes your permanent credit line. It’s easy to use & it offers a simplified checkout process.

Cons

I don’t like fact that, the (in store merchants) which means you have to click the link on their website to get the Afterpay option that they are displaying on their platform does not work. For example, Amazon does not accept Afterpay but it’s on their platform as if they do. I’ve tried several times & it never works.

PierreAntoine

Reaching out a new demo

Reviewed on 2022/04/15

Easy onboarding, they are available by e-mail to help you setup the product, pretty straight forward and pleasant experience

Pros

Afterpay is mostly used by younger generation, it allows us to offer a payment solution that our customer target would appreciate by having multi payment terms

Cons

A direct integration with Shopify would be great, but probably won’t ever happen since Shopify has similar services

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

Link building from their official search website
Tameisha
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

1-2 Missed payment RESULTING FROM UNFORESEEN EMERGENCIES, AfterPay turns into a NIGHTMARE!

Reviewed on 2022/10/25

I was on an unpaid sick leave that unfortunately for me resulted in 1 or 2 missed payments. I’ve explained that I was terribly Ill and was not paying attention to the fact that ANY of my accounts set of for autopay was being rejected due to an expired card. UNLIKE most sensible merchants who contact their LOYAL CUSTOMERS or any customer when they notice a payment has been missed, AfterPay resorts to NON HUMAN FORMS OF COMMUNICATION! Less than a month later when I was back on my feet I IMMEDIATELY PAYED OFF THE PAYMENTS MISSED ALONG WITH THE ONES THATS WASNT DUE. To my surprise, PENALIZED BY AfterPay DRASTICALLY! My spending limit that was near $2000, a result of on time payments since late 2019 had been decreased to $50. ALL of my rewards stripped! I tried to appeal this by reaching out to customer service but received repetitive emails not explaining the drastic PUNISHMENT, but a regurgitated script of “SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THIS HAS CAUSED….SPEND MORE MONEY TO BUILD BACK UP YOUR LIMIT.”The NIGHTMARE continued when I conceded and took the L when I realized AfterPay is A COMPANY WHO HAS NO REGARDS TO THE PRESENT DAY ISSUES WHERE THEIR CUSTOMERS HEALTH COULD BE THE REASON BEHIND A MISSED PAYMENT! The past couple of days I’ve been trying to buy 2 items under my now $50 spending limit. AfterPay HAS REJECTED EACH ATTEMPT CLAIMING THAT THE PURCHASE EXCEEDS MY SPENDING LIMIT!

Pros

At first it was a convient way to purchase what you WANT without making any sacrifices to you important and necessary bills. I would use the service to by clothing, perfumes, sneakers etc.

Cons

AfterPay is good until you have an issue. The company causes issues that impacts your account for months at a time and the consumer has no control over what happens! In the end a fun service turns to an unnecessary nightmare!My problems started when I received an Email from Afterpay support that my account had been Hacked. I responded to the Email and that was the beginning of the end. You would think changing my password would be fix the issue but it wasn’t. The various agents working on my case forgot the reason of my inquiry to THEIR email turned into me reaching out to them to report a breech in my account. This took over 2 months to resolve! If they had PHONE SUPPORT, this would have never been an issue.

ZoeMae
  • Industry: Furniture

Afterpay Review

Reviewed on 2023/01/24

afterpay has helped me pay for some expensive items in installments when it is more convenient for me.

Pros

afterpay provides a simple way of purchasing items online on credit, allowing you to pay for items in installments and without interest which has come in handy many times. it is secure and simple, and the app is very organized and easy to navigate

Cons

I do not have anything i like least about this software, it is extremely helpful and keeps all information secure.

John

Implement This To Increase Sales

Reviewed on 2023/06/07

As a user, I have limited experience with Afterpay. However, as a consultant I have worked with multiple small businesses to add Afterpay to their payment options.Setting up Afterpay for your small business eCommerce site is very easy - especially since most of the website builders already have an integration set up. The businesses who did not have Afterpay set up on their websites mostly didn't do so because they didn't understand how Afterpay worked for them. Once they did get it added, their overall average sales price usually went up. While I do understand the concerns around "buy now, pay later" platforms like Afterpay, I do think that the benefits for businesses outweigh the potential cost. I see it akin to a customer purchasing items on a credit card. I recommend all of my clients add Afterpay or another "buy now, pay later" platform to their eCommerce sites to provide more options to customers.

Pros

- easy to set up for your business- already integrated with most website builders

Cons

There are late payment fees with Afterpay

Brandi
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 2023/07/27

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up, and it boosts sales like you wouldn't believe.

Cons

I don't think there is anything I don't like about what Afterpay has brought to my website.

Sarah

Four Payments Made Easy

Reviewed on 2023/10/10

Pros

I love the AfterPay allows you the option to split your payments up in for easy, interest-free payments.

Cons

If you do skip a payment, it is very high interest rate, so you just have to make sure that you pay on time to avoid this from happening.

Alexis
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Great Option for Paying Overtime

Reviewed on 2023/12/08

Pros

I like that I can pay a purchase over time with 0% interest. Sometimes, I may need to make a purchase, but do not have the funds until my paycheck. Afterpay allows me to pay 1/4 of the cost with a payment plan. The payment plan is 0% interest and can be paid off early without a penalty, which I like. It's also easy to use and can be used at multiple retailers, which makes it very beneficial.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Afterpay is that it can cause you to overspend. Due to the ease of use and payment options, I sometimes spend more than I should. It isn't very good to use for financial planning or saving.

Johnny
  • Industry: Warehousing
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

4 easy payments

Reviewed on 2023/08/20

Pros

I love that you can split everything up in four payments, that is the most efficient for me

Cons

I don’t like that they limit your purchases if you pay late.

Carlisbeth
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Love this app!

Reviewed on 2023/11/11

Pros

Really enjoy using this app, it makes having bigger purchases so easy! It’s easy to understand the 4 payments and makes life easier!

Cons

I wish they had the ability to create one time online cards for some websites that arent supported just yet

Carly
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Misleading application info.

Reviewed on 2023/06/27

Frustrating and a waste of time.

Frustrating and a waste of time.

Pros

Didn't get a chance to use it as they denied my application after they let me get it all set up.

Cons

After applying on-line I received an email directing me through the process to set up the service on my website, which I did successfully and received another message saying it was ready to use. Then I received an email from customer service to say my application was rejected because my average shop item costs over $2000. They do not provide any info. about these restrictions anywhere on the website and I wasted my time setting up the service under the impression that I was already approved. Be very careful when setting up this service and don't waste your time doing anything until you get confirmation of account approval from customers service.

Klarna

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

Klarna isn't available to sole proprietorships in Canada. - also learned this the hard way after wasting time with an application process of 2 weeks.
Chriztina

Buy Now, Pay Later

Reviewed on 2022/01/12

Overall, its been great. I was pretty disappointed that I pay a higher processing fee than a few of my colleagues. I tried to negotiate the rate down a little and didn’t have much luck. One of my friends has a business of comparable size, so it felt especially weird that I pay more than her. (I understand major retailers getting volume breaks, but it stung to find out I was paying more when I was one of the first brands to onboard with Afterpay when they came to America)

Pros

Giving customers the option to split their order into 4 payments has helped increase my AOV and after all of these years, I have never had a customer complain about Afterpays service - so thats a win!

Cons

Unable to secure marketing placements. So I feel like smaller brands just get “lost in the shuffle” unless they are VERY lucky and selected to be featured in marketing materials

Zandra

Love

My overall experience is great

My overall experience is great

Pros

How easy it is to setup. It was a no brainer for me plus Afterpay pays quality

Cons

Nothing to be honest. I don’t have much to say as I have never experienced any issues

• Industry: Dairy
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great payment app

Reviewed on 2022/06/05

Love this app

Love this app

Pros

1. I use this app especially paying out for clothing or other stuffin malls/shops without giving any upfront payment.
2. Great installment options.
3. Great deals for app customers.
4. Give points to app customers in which they can extend their payment dates, no upfront payment on shopping.
5. Digital card which you can save in your wallet and use for payments.
6. Your card details, payments will be protected from scammers.

Cons

I did not find any problem while using app.

Tonja

Additional Revenue

Reviewed on 2022/01/12

Pros

Afterpay provides shoppers with alternate payment options by offering a payment plan. The plan encourages customers to shop more often and/or increase the total of their purchases.

Cons

I don’t have any cons. Integration process was easy.

Adriana

Awesome Software

Great so far

Great so far

Pros

The integration is super easy
Great option for my customers

Cons

Nothing
Everything so far has been easy and smooth to integrate and transition to

mustafa

Great Service for our customers

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

Pros

This service allows our customers to pay overtime, with no extra charges to the customer. And it is really easy to set up on our backend

Cons

The backend reporting could be improved. There is not an easy summary report for me to look at month over month.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

Allows for pay over time on any value.
Nicole
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

A huge boost in sales thanks to afterpay

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

Overall, I have had a fantastic experience with Afterpay and would recommend it to other colleagues. We do not use any other pay in 4 methods other than Afterpay.

Pros

I like that afterpay gives our customers flexible spending options. We have noticed in an increase in sales on our eCommerce store and many of our customers use afterpay as their payment method.

Cons

The fees are larger than I'd like for them to be and sometimes we have issues with customers saying they didn't receive their refund when we processed it on our end.

Shannon
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great functionality and easy setup

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

Allows our customers to purchase products and pay over 4 easy installments.

Allows our customers to purchase products and pay over 4 easy installments.

Pros

This is an incredibly easy software to implement into the shopify platform

Cons

The fees are a little high and it takes a while to get your funds after someone purchases a product.

Shop Pay and Sezzle
Michael
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 2022/01/10

It was really simple to add it to our site and our customers love it!

It was really simple to add it to our site and our customers love it!

Pros

It gives our customers a better option to make smart purchases

Cons

Not much I can say I do not like about afterpay.

PayPal

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

I liked the ease of integration
Laura

Reviewed on 2022/01/10

Pros

I like that Afterpay is another tool for my customers to use.

Cons

I do not like the backend of Afterpay for businesses. It's not really user friendly and there aren't options for you to change your information yourself. This is the downside to Afterpay for me. If they updated their backend system for companies it would be a 10/10 for me.

I actually offer both Sezzle & Afterpay
Judith

Great option for ecommerce business

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

Pros

The integration process was easy. Customers like the available option

Cons

It would be helpful to show that the option is available on the checkout page rather than the payment page when a customer is making a purchase. Sometimes customers aren't aware it's available even if it shows on the product page.

Clarissa

It's been a game changer for our company!

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

Pros

We saw an increase in sales right away when implementing Afterpay! It was easy to set up and manage and I love how easy it is to get a hold of merchant support!

Cons

There were a few glitches at first but overall there's nothing to complain about!

Josh

Absolute must have for any business

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

Exceptional. The merchant support is top notch and efficient and the service is vital to driving traffic and sales and giving your customers an additional payment gateway

Pros

The store directory which drives free traffic for free. Afterpay take a percentage of each orders value at a similar cost to any other payment process but they drive free traffic and sales. Can’t beat that

Cons

You can’t edit a promotion after it’s been submitted

Klarna and Sezzle

Reasons for Switching to Afterpay

Perfect fit for my product
Belky

A Huge Boost to Our Business

Reviewed on 2022/01/12

Pros

We gained a lot of business from our younger demographic who may have limited budgets and like the buy now pay later option.

Cons

We would like to be featured more on Afterpay.com It seems they mainly highlight larger companies.