Mindflash

Online training for agents, contractors, and partners

4,3
Ken T.
Industry: Internet

Great LMS and Customer Support

Reviewed on 2016/03/31

We've been using Mindflash for over a year now and their product and support is top-notch. Improvements are made seamlessly and when there is a problem, customer support is prompt in responding. The interface is easy to use and intuitive. We've been able to launch and grow our eLearning product over the past year with ease and our customers are happy with the functionality and ability to access our courses from anywhere. I'm looking for more improvement on the reporting side and managing users is getting better. I like the ability to create a quiz and an evaluation within the product.

Pros

Ease of use. Great Customer Support. Intuitive for users. Easy to create a course, series and catalog as well as upload content. Great flexibility and choice when it comes to creating a quiz and an evaluation. I like that you can integrate with Shopify for monetizing class offerings.

Cons

Advanced reports could be better. I would like to see more ability and ease of creating customer fields. Would like to see a live environment to produce and conduct virtual learning.

Nicole C.
Industry: Philanthropy
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Okay system, but lacks in many areas where other LMS are ahead of the game.

Reviewed on 2019/01/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I liked uploading my excel spreadsheets to the system and having mass invites and reminders sent to users.

Cons

There were several things I did not enjoy about this system. The reporting was off when we would run reports on the same things on different days. I also did not like the lack of drop-down options for our users, which made reporting demographics difficult. Above all, it was not a user-friendly system for our users. Many were confused and had difficulties logging in and completing the training. This was the ultimate deal-breaker after being with Mindflash as an organization for just over 3 years.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Benjamin R.
Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Mindflash is an easy to use robust LMS

Reviewed on 2016/04/07

I have used Mindflash for my organization for sales training. It has been easy to use on the admin side as well as the end user side . It allows me to reach our reps and keep them up to date as well as our customers for additional information for their sales people.

Pros

Web based - allows anyone with a solid internet connection to do training remotely.
Compatible with Scorm 1.2
Voice-over capabilities
Reporting

Cons

If the end user connection is slow they might have a lack luster experience

Zarella S.
Industry: Warehousing
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great to get you started.

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

We use to have Safety training DVDs floating around our multiple warehouses increasing the likelihood that they will get lost or broken, but MindFlash help us solve that issue with this web-based training platform. No need for outdated DVDs floating around anymore!

Pros

If you are looking to rid yourself of paper rosters and manual entry of training records via a useful video training tool, MindFlash will work for you.

Cons

Once you begin growing, this may not be a great software to use since training hundreds of employees every month on one computer may result more time consuming.

Matt C.
Industry: Financial Services

Great tool for Operations

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Its been a pleasure to work with the support staff and the system. But your people make all the difference - 100%.
Representative has been great work with.

Pros

This systems has proven to be easy to use, easy to train on and its simple to get folks up to speed on because of its ease of use.

Cons

It lacks a timer (to time out - not a due date) for assessments (like the NMLS exam, SATs, etc).

Matt G.
Industry: Construction

Easy to use for both admins and users

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

I've been a user for over a year now, and the ease of use is a huge reason why we purchased the service and also expanded. We started with the idea that we would only use Mindflash for the 25 agents in our call center, however we now use it for our home office of 200 people, and also use it with our corporate office which does training for another 250 people. It's been a great value and I would recommend it to anybody needing an LMS system.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to track and segment, types of questions available.

Cons

Nothing glaring

Dan B.

Perfect for compliance

Reviewed on 2011/07/06

Their service is the key to this product. They have a great base, a great team, and are very good at opening up their scope to their customers. While they still have some room to grow, their willingness to listen to their customers and implement based on their needs will surely make them stand out in this industry. They have saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of flying around the company training employees to meet OSHA and DOT regulations. I highly recommend Mindflash.

Pros

This is a great option for companies that need to train nationally, especially when dealing with OSHA and DOT requirements. One certified trainer can build the online course and manage training for every employee company wide.

Customer service and communication has been stellar since day one of the Beta testing, and they have always communicated well. They also have a great forum that they are very attentive to, which allows the users to vote as a group on priority issues and features that they'd like to see.

From a company standpoint this is a very good option for internal training.

Cons

There are still some very minor limitations that are being worked on, but these are few and far between. They are working towards better support for individuals who would like to create courses and accept payment.

Stephanie G.
Industry: Individual & Family Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use training platform

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

We've had much success with enrolling and tracking our trainees that span multiple states and training needs.

Pros

Ease in creating courses and tracking trainee progress

Cons

Would like some additional features like reminders, easier options to upload handouts into courses and some others.

Cameron J.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Great Software for Training

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

Mind-flash has been invaluable to our company. It has changed the way that we conduct business and cut our cost from a training prospective. Mind flash integrates very well with other software. It is so easy to create mindflash courses when new material is being presented and trained on.

Pros

The ability to get up and do a module whenever we need one.

Cons

Limit of users

Industry: Financial Services

Easy to use LMS

Reviewed on 2017/12/26

Pros

This LMS was a breath of fresh air after using a big name player for the last few years. The software is simple and easy to administer. We have all the functionality we need and can accomplish all the same tasks we did previously but in less amount of time.

Cons

It would be nice if the had a better way to connect with our HRIS and some additional automation. This can all be accomplished through their API but that requires a tech resource we don't have.

Nicholas L.

Excellent Product!

Reviewed on 2014/06/11

Pros-

*Ease of training
*Introducing a new medium to employee training
*Price
*Facility in creating videos

Cons-

*If a user isn't added to videos by mistake, you aren't able to add them again with the same email
*No templates. Having some easy to use templates would be a great help, most managers who use the software aren't graphic designers, or have experience making videos.

Impressions-

When this idea was first pitched to our business by a supervisor, I was very skeptical. Our company was expanding remotely, and we were having issues training everyone on a macro level. The idea of robotraining via Mindflash came up, and I was very skeptical. I'm happy to say that I was wrong, and the size of our remote branch has tripled since Mindflash was incepted. Thank you very much for the great product, one we will be using for many years.

Lisa J.

Testimonial

Reviewed on 2014/07/29

My company has been a customer of Mindflash for a year and I've been a "super user" of the Mindflash training modules for about 3 months now. I continue to be thoroughly impressed with its overall UI/UX. We rely on the platform to deliver comprehensive, on-demand training of our products to a wide partner audience. We're able to build our training decks in minimal time, and take advantage of the value-add features like quizzes and supporting audio + video in order for our trainees to have a rich, effective experience.
While having the Mindflash modules available to our partners gives us a competitive advantage, we're able to support our partners with easy-to-use, on-demand training which is the most important element of all.

Jesse H.

Mindflash is a must have for any training department

Reviewed on 2014/11/10

When Dyson decided that it was time to have a Learning Management System I quickly realized that the easiest, quickest, and most convenient way to get started deploying consistent training to our team was and still is Mindflash. Within 15 minutes of my free trial I had a beautiful training module complete with videos, voice over, and a ten question quiz. There have been times when Mindflash didn't meet my needs; but after a short discussion with their engineers they were able to meet the exact need that I requested. I highly recommend Mindflash to anybody I talk to about training and Learning Management Systems.

Jason T.

We moved our retail sales training program, SalesNinjaAcademy.net to Mindflash a few months ago.

Reviewed on 2015/06/25

Working with Mindflash sales was an excellent experience.

While we were setting up our system, we rarely had to consult the self help training modules available. Mindflash is super intuitive.

We've had one issue with respect to functionality of the system and the Mindflash QA/Customer Service team was prompt in addressing it. The CEO of the company even reached out to make sure that she understood the issue and that ensure it was being addressed. When does that happen??

In short, powerful, flexible and intuitive software backed by a responsive leadership and team.

Bob S.

As the system has been adding features the experience has improved.

Reviewed on 2015/05/30

The backend reporting initially needed a lot of enhancements. This has taken a while which is frustrating but each issue has been addressed and the improvements work almost without fail.
I realize these take time and appreciate the thoroughness of the solutions applied. I wish there was better communication on the process and estimates on where/when enhancements are coming.
I know we are not the only priority and have no way to know if our request is being worked on or last.

Sandi K.

Transitioning to Mindflash

Reviewed on 2014/11/20

After researching multiple online training options, Proton Onsite moved from a totally manual, paper-intensive training system to Mindflash early in 2014. The transition was smooth thanks to great support from the Mindflash team. Email questions are answered promptly and they are always available for a phone call. Mindflash has streamlined our training process and greatly reduced the time spent in keeping our workforce current on their training requirements.

Robert C.

Great Training Platform!

Reviewed on 2014/06/10

Since our transition from group training sessions to Mindflash we've seen a significant impact in how our employees "absorb" the training material.
Pros:
Easy to navigate.
Simple and fast way for employees to create and account.
Fast and easy way to invite trainees to a training course.
Ability to pull results by groups.
Ability to upload material used for courses.
Ability to add voice to slides.

Kathleen S.

Real Value

Reviewed on 2014/06/11

I've worked with premium learning management systems that are complex and pricey. They have nothing on MindFlash with its ease of use, library of helpful tutorials and responsive customer service. With MindFlash, I'm not weighed down by technical red tape and I don't need days of training before I can perform basic tasks. MindFlash has what I need.

Gordon F.

Easiest LMS I've used to date!

Reviewed on 2015/06/11

Pro:
Easy to set-up and administer large number of users with excel import ability
Low on bandwidth use for the field / cellphone hotspot
Quizzes are easy to add, more options than just multiple choice
Our end users like the easy of login and use

Con:
Reporting exports may need minor tweaking with dates

Tif S.

Happy with product

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

I like how easy it is to create an user, add to courses or series, reset if needed.
I also like how easy it is to organize.

Julie D.
Industry: Printing

Overall happy

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

Pros

I love the ease of use. We looked at several different LMS and mindflash was the easiest to load training, create quizzes, and maintain records. If I need to pull up a specific persons training I can pull up the scores quickly instead of tracking down our old paper records. If I need to update a slide in the presentation, I can change it in the module instead of having to create a new module like some we viewed. Other than some minor confusion, most of the users love the program. They found it easy to use.

Cons

Since we have started using Mindflash we have been bumped around to several different account managers. I will sometimes email the person who last handled the account and they say they have moved on to a different role and someone else handles the account now. It would be nice for them to be proactive and say hi I am your new account manager. Also there is no app and the mobile view isn't good. If I am out of the office and I need to reset an module I have to pull out my laptop instead of being able to do it on the phone. I can't scroll the individual modules and can only see reset the entire training from my phone.

Rimoun O.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to use, but won't take you far

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Pros

I liked how easy it is to use Mindflash, however I found it to be very basic and at the time we used it, it was flash based and required you downloading an app for mobile use.

Grant H.
Industry: Telecommunications

Mind flash Review as a Tech Trainer for Eastlink Cable systems

Reviewed on 2016/06/23

Great online teaching tool, as a trainer for a company that is responsible for training over 700 technicians. When you consider that my tech's are spread out over the entire country (Canada) that is lot of territory to cover. Our training team is small so geographically speaking Mind flash gives us the tool to quickly send out training in a heartbeat. In addition we the tracking and reporting is great.

Thanks
Grant

Pros

ease of use

Cons

PDF down load of trainee doesn't include all info however excel does

Karen G.
Industry: Automotive

Mindflash Feedback 2017

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

I think it is a great software, however, for training I am still looking for some added features: i.e. archived scoring, capturing training that has been completed pre-mindflash into the system etc..

Pros

Competency questions and the answer review.
Trainees can view the correct answers.
The use of different applications such as PP, Excel, Word, video

Cons

I would like archived scoring to show if trainees improved.
Add quizzes for live training and a complete functions.

Derek B.
Industry: Research

Extremely Helpful

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Pros

I love that the software can house tons of records for my company to login and use for quality compliance.

Cons

Not many cons with the software. The feature I dislike is some of the automatic arrangement features when arranging content, but there ways around.