Bitdefender GravityZone Reviews

Bitdefender GravityZone

Security & risk analytics platform with threat intelligence

Andrigo
Andrigo

Strongest anti virus available on market

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

My overall experience with bitdefender is very good, it's a reliable protection solution.

Pros

Bitdefender always proved me to be a very reliable solution for endpoint protection. It is simple to implement, easy to configure and there's no need of dedicated server for managing your policies and things like that. Also, you can configure various different types of policies and apply each one on a group of machines. So, you can adjust the configurations to match the needs of your environment. Currently, all of our customers run Bitdefender as they primary protection solution.

Cons

Bitdefender try to block everything they think it's malicious, and sometimes it causes trouble by blocking false-positives. I don't really know if this is a downside, but annoys frequently

Matthew

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2022/12/17

Pros

I like that it's never let a threat overcome any endpoint.

Cons

The management of the software, protection profiles and other settings is somewhat confusing. The terms used in the dashboard area are sometimes confusing and could use some better explanation in the help area.

ESET Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Webroot SecureAnywhere would literally not uninstall. It was a nightmare to jump through all the troubleshooting hoops to get the software off of workstations.

Reasons for Switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

ESET was too aggressive so it generated false positives and required a lot of "maintenance time" to whitelist known good apps.
José Alejandro
  • Industry: Plastics

Good option but a little overpriced

Reviewed on 2021/06/21

Pros

It gets the job done, that's it. It's a good personal antivirus but a little overpriced for the kind of protection it provides you. If you can get a good offer in the anual fee, it can be a good option for you personal computer.

Cons

It feels a little to simplified, almost if they didn't want you to personalize the protection. They want to be a ready to use antivirus, but for me that isn't a good option, I want to set the options to my own need, and bitdefender didn't make that an easy job.

Ibrahim
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Bitdefender a good choice that is becoming great

Reviewed on 2020/12/13

It was good to very-good experience. the application did its part and role efficiently. The service compared to the price was fair. A bit heavy on the computer's resources. I might consider subscribing again.

Pros

- I liked the ease of the installation process
- The great graphics and user interface
- The quality of service and the detection rate

Cons

- You are bound to buy at least 5 users although you might not have 5 devices
- The settings can be categorized in a better way as they might look scattered and a bit overwhelming
- Too much advertisement
- Was a bit heavy on the computer resources

Norton AntiVirus and Trellix Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

- I got an advice on switching the security software every period and not sticking to the same one for more than 1-2 years - The top reviews for Bitdefender online

Reasons for Switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

- The top reviews over the internet
Don

Best antivirus protection

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

The problem that Bitdefender solves is that I don't worry about intrusions and infections. I still need to keep on my colleagues about email phishing (no package can prevent social engineered attacks) but as far as website and file downloads, I feel secure and protected. Peace of mind is worth the price and more.

Pros

Best rated antivirus and is light on computer resources. Too many of the best known antivirus packages are resource hogs that slow down your system. Bit defender is light weight and still able to provide top-rated protection. It also has a suite of add-ons like VPN, ransomware protection and payment protection. Highly recommended!

Cons

The license covers 3 computers. The process to install it on multiple systems is a bit clunky but not impossible to use.

Barış

Protection against attacks

Reviewed on 2022/06/04

We used this application to protect the computers in the company against external attacks and we used it so that users do not get viruses from downloading files.

Pros

The application successfully detects threats. Easy to use. The interface is user friendly. It can definitely turn your computer into a safe environment.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the application, but in general, antivirus software slows down your computer.

Mike

Lightweight AV

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Overall very happy with this product, especially for the price. Would recommend 9/10.

Pros

Software is easy to deploy, administer, and upgrade. We have tried a few AV's on the market and gravity zone was one of the best ones we could find with a cloud console that did not severely limit the functionality of the product.

Cons

support can be a little slow at times, and the software could afford to be a little more customizable.

Steve
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Very good product

Reviewed on 2021/11/23

Our email is very secure so we have been very pleased with the service.

Our email is very secure so we have been very pleased with the service.

Pros

We primarily use the product to prevent viruses and malware through email. The Email Security does a great job with our Google Workspace

Cons

Some features and hard to setup and requires a good deal of technical knowledge.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Best digital security for any organization

Reviewed on 2021/07/09

Pros

Bitdefender GravityZone protect all my digital appearance and all my device like my computer and tablet. It has a cloud storage that i can linked on all my device, and create a safe passage if i am transferring files from one device to other.

Cons

It work so well on my computer, but i have found several issues when trying to install it to my tablet. It keep showing error and asking me to contacting the customer support. It has solved since then, but a simple operation like installing a software should be simple enough.

Abdihamid
Abdihamid
  • Industry: Dairy

Bitdefender GravityZone

Reviewed on 2023/05/07

We are using it to protect our network and users PCs from internal and external threats. We have specified the Applications to be allowed in our network

Pros

Application control was the most impactful. The product is easy to use. Integrating it to our business was seamless.

Cons

It has all features that you are looking for to protect your network and users PCs, Laptops and phones, No feature is difficult to use, integrating it to our business process was easy.

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Well protected

Reviewed on 2020/12/25

Pros

the GravityZone antivirus solution from bitdefender is currently one of the best solutions on the market. updating to the latest incidents / exploits is very timely and provides reliable virus detection. The suite also brings numerous features (application control, firewall, USB device management, web threat detection, and more). In our experience, the bitdefender solution works quickly and reliably. Furthermore, the very competent support can be mentioned.

Cons

for the work with the management console some training or better a briefing/training on the part of bitdefnder is recommended. the structure and the functionality is not self-explanatory in some places

Bill
  • Industry: Import & Export

Good product, MSP integration could use some work

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

I have it as part of my MSP stack. Every Windows box gets it installed. Has never caused any problems, and have not had any malware outbreaks while using it. The GravityZone package allows multi-tenant management, but the reports aren't usable for customer-facing presentation.

Pros

One of the top tier security apps. Good performance. Unobtrusive. Can be deployed with policies or RMM tools. Reasonable cost.

Cons

For MSPs, the reporting is poor. Alerting on problems is very bad, there is no instant notification of discovered malware, just a daily report.

Intercept X Endpoint
Monika
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Bitdefender is the best security progeam

Reviewed on 2021/11/11

Pros

Bitdefender works with amazing ease on the network and individual systems. It was simple to install and caused no issues. Since installing has helped with keeping employees on point for what they are supposed to do while at work and has protected the system and network from being hacked and various viruses and malware from being installed.

Cons

There isnt anything that I do not like about this software.

DANIEL
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Solid antivirus for your MSP business

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Overall, this is a great product that is compatible with everything we throw on it, including Macs. It's fairly easy to deploy, although the automatic removal of old AV doesn't always work.

Pros

Bit Defender is easy to set up and deploy. You can create a couple of baseline policies, then clone them to customize them for other clients. If you change something in the original policy, it updates all of them so it's easy to manage your exceptions client-wide.

It also has great features such as internet blocking by category, blacklist or whitelist, as well as many modules such as an antiransomware "vaccine" which I have not seen anywhere else.

Cons

The hardest part of using this is the reporting. We haven't been able to integrate it with Autotask/Datto, so you need to actually log into the dashboard daily.

Steve

Cyber Protection

Reviewed on 2021/08/31

Pros

I have been using Bitdefender for the last two years. I have not had any problems, or attacks on my computers since using Bitdefender. Keeping my computers running is essential to my real estate business.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about my experience with Bitdefender.

Michael
Michael

Bitdefender. Set it and forget it.

Reviewed on 2023/01/27

As an IT Admin, I am responsible for keeping 5 servers, 50 computers and 40 iOS devices, and everyone's software running. We use Salesforce, and administering that is a full time job in itself. While I am doing my part saving the world, Bitdefender has my back, protecting my MacBookPro. I'm Captain Steve Rogers, Bitdefender is my vibranium shield.

Pros

Bitdefender constantly runs in the background. I set it up and just let it run. If something iffy happens, it lets me know. The best part is the confidence that I don't have to babysit protecting my data.

Cons

Monthly billing. Annual is probably available. I need to change to that if possible. The cost is minimal, so a longer billing interval would be painless for the one license I currently need.

Thea

Best Antivirus software

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Pros

I have tried many antivirus software, both free and paid apps. So far, Bitdefender is the best one that I've used. I like their cloud-based control center, and how you could easily navigate into the admin panel, if you're using the software for a company. It has a lot of reporting tools, customization options and software deployment options. I also like that the pricing is reasonable. The other thing that I really like about it is it's very silent. It does its work in the background, doesn't disturb the regular user, and doesn't use a lot of RAM. I recommend this, and even the free Bitdefender.

Cons

I didn't find anything that I don't like about the software.

Excellence software for anti-viruses

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

Pros

Bit defender is a virus guard which helps to protect the computers from number of viruses that attacks the computers. It protects the computer not only from viruses but it also protects the computers from spyware and phishing scams too.

One of the main advantages of bit defender is while the defender is running it does not make the computer slow. Bit defender runs as a background process so it does not affect the cpu or the memory. That’s why running bit defender does not cause slowness in computer .

Bit defender has the capability of scanning all the web sites and emails that a user may use. It reduces the chance of virus attacks.

It is easy to install bit defender .All you have to do is just follow the instructions given. Users does not need expertise to do all these.

It supports most of the platforms like Linux, mac and windows.

Cons

One of the main disadvantages of bit defender is sometimes it does not work well in long terms.

• Industry: Higher Education

Best Security Solution for the Computers

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Overall when you need a reliable solution for your computer Bitdefender come in first place.

Pros

When it comes to security Bitdefender offers good virus protection to your computer. It has built in firewall, web protection, email protection, ransom ware protection and etc. All these services are getting updates daily. So you can keep your trust on BitDefender without any doubt. Its has very nice user interface which can be easily understand.

Cons

Therr isn't much cons to say anyway some times it uses more resources of running the software. However all that is for maintaining the system security.

Daniel
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good Reviews but Not Wonderful

Reviewed on 2020/02/29

I would not buy Bitdefender GravityZone. While it has a reputation as the best, I find it to be limiting and a little invasive

Pros

My husband swears by Bitdefender and uses it always; he is in IT. It will keep your computer airtight in regards to viruses and spyware -- It creates a very secure computer

Cons

The security is extreme and interferes with my computer use. I am a photographer and when I share the computer with my husband, I have multiple problems with photo transfers and uploads. Bitdefender tries to protect me from myself! At least someone is, I suppose.

Kevin

Great comprehensive security suite for the price

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Provides additional peace of mind by allowing me to secure multiple devices. You still have to use common sense when it comes to protecting information but this helps

Pros

In my industry, I deal with sensitive information and security is of the utmost importance. Bitdefender allows me to secure the multiple devices I use to run my business. It's VPN allows me to use my work laptop away from home. The price is fair for what you get. It also comes in handy when you misplace your phone or laptop as you can use it to locate and lock your device, or worst case scenario even wipe your laptop clean if it was stolen

Cons

I wish the base version came with unlimited vpn. other than that there isn't anything I don't like about it

Ian
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Confident in its abilities

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Our company has installed bitdefender for some of our customers, its is very east to manage and the billing process is very straightforward particularly as you just bill for computers with it installed rather than worrying about what contract you're on

Pros

Bitdefender has a good reputation for discovering viruses that other AV software misses
Often use it to help clean up an infected machine alongside other AV software
Easy to manage and easy to bill

Cons

Caused problems on a Windows 2003 Server making it blue screen when trying to copy files to it over the network

Budget minded security for a small office

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

At the end of the day, BitDefender gets the job done, and I am confident in the job that it is doing to protect a small computer network. If it is your choice for antivirus needs, be prepared to spend some time getting to know the ins and outs of the Gravity Zone dashboard system.

Pros

BitDefender was one the better rated security programs I found when researching a new option of office that I help out with IT needs. And it is very cost effective for small businesses as it had the best pricing to license a smaller number of devices.

Cons

I find the GravityZone dashboard to be a bit cumbersome. You really have to work through it to get the hang of it, which is true of a lot of programs. But the layout and functions for deployment and monitoring systems feels a bit convoluted in execution. I think there are ways that it could be simplified, streamlined, and made for a more user-friendly experience.

Chanika

A High-Level Anti-virus

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Gravity Zone is an impressive antivirus that offers high-level protection against computer viruses, spam, email threats, and web threats.

Pros

Gravity Zone enjoys a free trial that new customers find helpful and it’s compatible with Mac, Android, Windows, and iOS. The platform is also easy to use and enjoys 24/7 live support.

Cons

Gravity Zone lacks capabilities for vulnerability scanning, even tracking, and intrusion detection. This might be a concern for most users, especially beginners.

Jorge

Cheap and keeps you virus free

Reviewed on 2021/07/24

Pros

I loved that you can always get a good deal for a one-year subscription to get three computers safe and sound. I like that it is not constantly bugging you with a million reminders and notifications.

Cons

I wish it was more thorough at explaining all of its functions. Once it is installed, it runs well. However, I wish I understood better how the VPN secure or Safepay actually works. The notifications pop-up, but I dont feel safe enabling something right as you are making a payment or joining a network. So, a simple walkthrough would make a big difference