Anchor

Cloud-based podcast hosting and management software

Jared
Jared

Anchor's Podcast Platform

Reviewed on 2022/06/21

Anchor has been able to assist me with getting my message out and being able to build a relationship with each fan, host and also other professionals in this industry.

Pros

As a beginner in the podcast industry, I was able to learn a lot of different production techniques and developed my audio and podcast skills so that I was able to sound much more professional as each episode continued.

Cons

The software does not necessarily get your information verified on Pandora, iHeartRadio and Amazon podcasting.

Spreaker, Podbean and Buzzsprout

Reasons for Switching to Anchor

Anchor was a simple solution and I didn't have to pay some kind of subscription to distribute my content or to monetize it.
CharRon E.
CharRon E.
  • Industry: Entertainment

You want to do a Podcast: get anchor

Reviewed on 2021/11/06

I always give my clients a choice. But it does come down how will they be interested in podcasting. if a limited time, I suggest anchor. but if it it is longer, Podbean or other host will be better.

Pros

- Anchor give you multichannel distribution
- unlimited episode storage
- Wave editor
- section to make money
- Anchor is free
- If you want to review copyright song, you can with Anchor and Spotify

Cons

- Tech support needs work
- Anchor take a fee when you start to monetize

Libsyn

Lynn
  • Industry: Biotechnology

A Anchor that doesn't Hit its Mark

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

Pros

It can be easily used to host and edit your own podcast or others. The ability to edit the podcasts and the audio through the app is something different from what other apps do.

Cons

There should be a ability to not just edit audio and video of things and podcast and have to pay so much for it. If its by spot ivy their should be integration with it and have music and other systems with it

Guy
Guy

Simple but very functional for podcasting

Reviewed on 2023/05/08

A great way to manage professional podcasts

A great way to manage professional podcasts

Pros

Clipping segments together, adding background music, publishing to multiple platforms

Cons

Only one podcast supported per account... so I simply have multiple accounts

Podbean
Calum
Calum

An audio lifesaver

Reviewed on 2023/11/07

Excellent, I've been using Anchor since a University project more than 8 years ago and I'd highly recommend it to anyone creating podcast content.

Pros

How easy it is to use, how quickly it distributes to the main apps and the low cost (we mainly use free but have dabbled with paid for features!)

Cons

Getting distributed in one of our podcasts took longer on some channels than it should but support investigated and found an error in the code that they quickly resolved.

Gonzalo
Gonzalo
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The perfect free option for podcasting

Reviewed on 2021/12/29

Using Spotify as a tool to sell, as business use, is an increasingly common strategy. We started using Anchor.fm to be able to share with the world of podcast listeners, our webinars that we uploaded to YouTube. We adapt them, we convert them into podcasts and we already have a new communication channel.

Pros

Anchor.fm is a phenomenal tool to host podcasts to Spotify easily and for free. It has multiple options to optimize your podcast: add music, transitions, edit audios, allow comments, edit the cover, and even allow you to record audio from the same platform.

Cons

One of the cons of this software is that monetization features are not available in certain regions. This means that if your intention is to make money with the podcasts that you upload to Spotify, living in certain regions, you will not be able to do it.

ryan
  • Industry: Entertainment

all in one

Reviewed on 2023/10/28

Pros

it made posting to different platforms so easy.

Cons

we tried the recording and editing features and it lost a few recordings on us.

Jonas
Jonas
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The easiest way to make a podcast

Reviewed on 2021/10/17

I love anchor that's make me easy to product a good quality podcast.

I love anchor that's make me easy to product a good quality podcast.

Pros

With Anchor your podcas's hosting is free and you are distribute everywhere, that's a game changer.
You can set up your podcast in 5 minutes to chrono, thanks to it

Cons

One of the downside that i have with is just the podcast analytics that's not seems to be pretty accurate.

Kristi
Kristi
  • Industry: Music

your podcast dream space

Reviewed on 2021/12/10

I am a podcast maker. Anchor saves me time and give me best results ready for the world. a very reliable product.

Pros

Well there are a lot of things to like about Anchor. First of all is a free platform which allows you to kickstart your Podcast career into Spotify. Very user friendly. Has a small digital workplace when you can edit all your podcast from A to Z and a full music library to fill your beautiful work with a lot of music. Very easy to upload and release. It also allows you to view analytics and stats of your streams. It is just great.

Cons

I don't find anything specific to dislike. Sometimes when you are editing your podcast have some interface lag but thats it.

Jeff
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Anchor in the Classroom

Reviewed on 2024/03/17

For how my teachers use it, we have been really pleased.

For how my teachers use it, we have been really pleased.

Pros

Anchor keeps things really easy, and gives you the power to make the podcasts only available to certain people or globally.

Cons

Editing within Anchor can feel limited.

Riccardo
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

I don't know how else to say it: it keeps getting better!

Reviewed on 2021/08/30

Pros

I have known of Anchor for a while and I have to say that the platforms keeps getting better and better. Creating an episode with its Drag-and-Drop builder is as easy as saying '1, 2, 3!', and it includes sounds and sound effects you can add to your episodes. I'm a fan of the "co-recording" and co-hosting feature too, because it makes collaborating something you can do with just a couple of taps.

Every podcaster loves to grow their show and if they have costs, to cover those costs... well, Anchor comes to the rescue by offering several ways to monetize your podcast episodes, and to do so straight from the platform!

Plus, there is even a mobile app you can rely on

Cons

There have been some issues about Anchor "modifying" some of its content (for example, by adding a short promotional segment at the end of episodes of some podcasters).

Also, the analytics aren't as robust as those of other podcast hosting platforms.

Corinthian
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Love Podcasting with Anchor!

Reviewed on 2022/04/18

Pros

This app has made my life so much easier when it comes to podcasting! Before getting this app, I had no idea where to even start. In addition to covering all basis when it comes to creating podcast episodes, anchor also distributes your podcast to all podcast platforms for free. You can sync music from spotify into the podcast too. I also like that you can see how many listens you get. As a big bonus, you can monetize your podcast easily on anchor. I highly recommend this app to any and everyone that asks me about getting started with podcasting!

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons. If I just had to choose something, I would say that some of the sound effect options could be improved. I wish that they had the sound of a school bell ringing. But that is not necessary, all of their features are really amazing.

Greg
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Anchor FM is the Best for Podcast Beginners

Reviewed on 2022/02/03

We just love Anchor since we started with them in 2018. We have grown our podcast into over 30 countries worldwide

Pros

What can I say? Anchor provided us with a way to get our podcast out into the mainstream media with little or no podcasting experience as well as being free

Cons

Very little cons except maybe more distribution outlets

Soundtrap

Reasons for Switching to Anchor

Price for starters as Anchor is free to use
Philasande
  • Industry: Photography

Anchor review

Reviewed on 2022/11/11

Pros

What I like about the software is that you can also access it on your phone without always having to record your podcast on your computer.

Cons

What I don't like about the software is that not everyone is able to monetize their podcast, it depends on where you live.

Pascal

My Anchor Review 2022

Reviewed on 2022/12/12

Anchor is a great podcasting software for beginners who are just getting started in podcasting. It is user-friendly, free to use, and allows for easy distribution across multiple platforms. However, more experienced podcast creators may find the limited customization and sound quality to be a drawback.

Pros

What I like most about the Anchor software is that it is incredibly easy to use, even for beginners. It also makes it simple to distribute podcasts, as it allows users to post to many different platforms. Additionally, it is free to use and also includes monetization options.

Cons

What I dislike most is that the software has a limited amount of customization available and the ads can be intrusive. Additionally, it does not have the best sound quality.

Very good podcast hosting and distribution platform

Reviewed on 2022/10/31

Pros

It makes it very easy to create podcast, one can even record directly from anchor mobile app and post, though audio quality may not be the best in such case.It gives audio editing options such as adding intro, outro before posting.It helps podcast grow by distributing it on various platforms.

Cons

Does not have features such as audio noise reduction.Podcast monetisation via paid subscription feature is currently available to only to select users, but is expected to be released soon.

charlotte
  • Industry: Information Services

charlies review on anchor

Reviewed on 2022/10/30

After I discovered that there was a difference between the app and browser. I chose the browser. See above for reason. Customer service is helpful and polite. it is also easy access to chat to some one. the bot is not a bot that does not understand what you are saying. it is nearly as good quality as microsoft chat. it connects you pretty quick with customer service. 10 out of 10 for that. overal, I like anchor simple and direct.

Pros

that the browser is far easier to use, then the app, one can not over see in the app. it is more for listeners that creators. I have no understanding how it works. the customer service agent could not explain it as there is no visual or verbal connection to show some one with sharing screens.

Cons

also what was annoying was that when you down load the app, it does not give you a choice on which email to use. as I registered on the webbrowser. it did not automatically find it. so I deleted the app. downloading the app also takes up to much room on the computer that is why i like to work in the browser

Ivan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

My favorite platform to host my podcast

Reviewed on 2022/12/13

Thanks to Anchor my podcast (3 of them) are alive and helping me to reach my audience.

Pros

The most important reason is that is free, very stable, easy to use and have all what you need to launch a pro podcast.

Cons

The audio editing tools are very limited, it could be better, maybe as a paid upgrade

Manideep
  • Industry: Media Production

Anchor Review

Reviewed on 2023/02/18

Pros

It's a great tool for podcasts. Anyone can use this software and start a podcast. They will even distribute your podcast to a ton of podcast directories and it's completely free. A must recommend software for those who are looking to start a podcast.

Cons

Although it's great for beginners, there is not monetization features available right now. You can earn money from this but it's not huge. Analytics features can be increased.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

The quickest way to get started podcasting and making money for it.

Reviewed on 2021/10/16

Pros

The feature I found the most impactful is the option to have Anchor list your podcast on all the major outlets. They also take the hassle out of dealing with Apple.

Cons

I am not able to minimize my podcast from my country.

Super simple to get started with podcasting thanks to Anchor!

Reviewed on 2021/08/07

As a starter, I really found the experience with Anchor seamless and am really happy with having chosen this option. I knew the things I had to do, the steps were straightforward, the documentation was helpful, and there weren't really any hurdles. I highly recommend Anchor.

(But again, if you are thinking very professionally about your podcast and want something for the long run, as an extension of your business, etc., you may want to look into paid alternatives that offer more customization.)

Pros

- The fact that it's free.
- It is associated with Spotify which provides trust.
- But you are not limited to Spotify alone and your podcast will be distributed to all major platforms.
- The distribution experience was really a breeze, super simple.
- Low low barrier to entry.

Cons

If you are thinking very professionally about your podcast, you might want to look into self-hosting and other paid tools which might provide things you will need as you develop and expand your podcast. But for a starter, a hobby-podcaster, or limited-time projects I really can't see any cons to Anchor.

Nujan
Nujan

Best software for podcast hosting & distribution.

Reviewed on 2022/12/11

Absolutely Amazing. Everything you need as a podcast publisher.

Absolutely Amazing. Everything you need as a podcast publisher.

Pros

This is undoubtedly one of the greatest and free podcast hosting softwares. Anchor allows us to publish to numerous channels simultaneously. I've been hosting and distributing podcasts for a few months. It is simple and straightforward to use. This software also allows for the editing of podcasts on a basic level.

Cons

I believe that things would be even better if the content were published a little bit earlier than they are right now. At the moment, it may take a few days for the updated podcast content to become available.

• Industry: Accounting

Highly recommend software .

Reviewed on 2022/09/06

Nicw experience. Learn a lot of things .
Used of publishing and podcasting.

Nicw experience. Learn a lot of things .
Used of publishing and podcasting.

Pros

Such an amazing software for publoshing and podcasting used in our company .

Cons

little bit complicated for new person or student.

Luciano
Luciano
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The complete and functional command bridge for your podcasting project

Reviewed on 2021/12/19

Anchor is a good option for many podcasters and a very poor one for others. If you want to test the world of podcasts and you're not sure yet and you're looking for a completely free platform, Anchor is a great solution. It actually does its job very well!

Pros

Anchor is a tool designed for every podcaster: you can record from different devices, such as smartphones or tablets, you can build your episodes in different segments and decide to add transitions between them, it allows you to import an existing audio and add a background audio using Anchor's library. You can also convert video files to audio and create custom covers in seconds.

Cons

Anchor is not the best when it comes to recording: for this function it might be better to opt for an external recorder and then import the audio files to Anchor.

• Industry: Newspapers

Nothing more to say

Reviewed on 2023/01/22

Pros

Five stars for this software. Easy to use, no comemrcials, free to use

Cons

Sometimes my macbook pro m1 pro dont have enough power to load everything fast