VideoPad

Video making and editing software

Sanjay
Sanjay
  • Industry: Entertainment

Videopad Review

Reviewed on 2021/06/14

Ignoring one or two shortcomings, it is still my favorite software for video editing for the last 6 years.

Pros

You have to study many editing softwares first, but the interface of Videopad is so simple that you create videos from day one and there is a lot of fun in working with Videopad.

Cons

Text effects are not too many on this software and When you type multiple subtitles in a video, the font or position you hold for one subtitle gets applied to all subtitles.

Pravin
Pravin
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

VideoPad review

Reviewed on 2023/05/08

Pros

VideoPad is user-friendly and has more feathers in this software-like effect. We can export the video in whatever quality we want like Burn DVD, Export Movies, Multiple Resolutions

Cons

The audio capabilities would have been better. The free version is only limited tools and we cant explore many tools in free version

C Peter
  • Industry: Music

Has Problems and Poor Support Knowledge

Reviewed on 2020/12/26

Poor, frustrating and not straight forwards as an ex iMovies user.

Poor, frustrating and not straight forwards as an ex iMovies user.

Pros

That it would load onto Windows 10 and be used without problems

Cons

It might be ok for simple video but with loading a video, removing the sound and adding voice over together with jpeg inserts the program becomes buggy and has a will of its own. Wondershare was useless for loading to my Win10 - I was hopeful with this program but it is buggy. My 6 minute video took a week to make - no help from support with preview windows, they didn't say about hidden options. So my 6 minute video ended up with a burn video of 2.5 hours of which most of it was black screen. This was reduced down to 1.5 hours when I found that the program had moved sound and image file 1 hour further on! I reported this and their Bug Support sent details for upload but using their information that didn't work to allow me to send the BUGGY file - tried to reply but its one of those don't-reply. Not helpful

VideoStudio

Reasons for Choosing VideoPad

iMovies was being corrupted due to lack of Apple support

Reasons for Switching to VideoPad

Because it would run on Win 10
Alberto
Alberto
  • Used for 2+ years

Interesting but something to improve

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Possibilities to import ififerent format of files

Possibilities to import ififerent format of files

Pros

A full set of features to edit, cut, merge etc. videos; intuitive and with a fairly comprehensive set of possibilities.

Cons

Registering and paying process cumbersome; moreover, I could not port my licence to the new PC when I changed my old one.

Response from NCH Software

Hi Alberto,

Our Registration Support Team will be happy to re-send your registration code and installation file to the software you previously purchased. You can contact our Registration Support Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/support/regcontact.html You can find need further assitance on how to register your products here: https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10053.html

-NCH Software Team

Anil
Anil
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Simple & Lightweight Video Editor

Reviewed on 2022/07/16

There is a lot to like about VideoPad. It is simple, straightforward, easy to install, and does not need a lot of PC resources.

Pros

I've been using VideoPad for a long time and thoroughly love working with it. It is quite simple to edit 360 videos using VideoPad. You could even write your own music to accompany the video.

Cons

The visual effects of VideoPad are basic. Also, the audio editing is puzzling and difficult. There are occasionally issues with export and import.

Marcos
Marcos

Nice video editing tool for publishing videos to social media

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

We tested this editing tool in the office and we were satisfied. It is a simple editor, which makes it easy to learn and use. You can edit many types and formats and especially export in about 15 different formats. It is particularly useful for social networks because of the different export settings that it has for networks, as well as very modern and attractive transitions and effects. It really has all the features of a basic program, but also includes advanced features such as some 3D editing, 360º video, masking and closed captions.

Cons

There are few things not to like ... I would have to say that the user interface is not very cute or attractive, although it works ... We would also like to see more possibilities in editing and mixing sound.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Marcos,

Thank you for your feedback. Our latest interface features a dark mode feature. We would like to hear your feedback on it. You can download the latest version of VideoPad here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html
We look forward to hearing from you

-NCH Software Team

Osanda
Osanda
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Simple video editing software

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Pros

I think this is the most simple video editing software I ever had used.
-This is very easy to use
-This is very user-friendly

using Videopad for beginners, You do not need to be professional video editors. You can start from using the simple tools what ever you want. And finally you can see a better video without any problems.

Cons

This is not excellent for professional video editors. Because videopad has limited functions and tools.

Joe
Joe
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Underrated yet still very powerful

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

7/10

7/10

Pros

-Can use templates for ease of use
-Updates have improved over the years
-Can do green screen, voiceover, and many pro techniques
-Basic tasks are easy (cut, transition, add text)

Cons

-Not intuitive
-Lots of manual processes that take many steps
-Intimidating for beginners
-caching sometimes is an issue

Savannah
Savannah
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Good Video Editor to Get You Started

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Pros

I used this video software to begin editing YouTube content and it worked pretty well. Even the free trial for noncommercial purposes gave me a lot of options and was not too hard to use.

Cons

My only problem with software like this is that when you do not know all of the more in-depth features, you can't use the software to the best of its capabilities. If you spend time with it, you can definitely use all of the more advanced features, but otherwise, it probably will be hard for anyone to just pick up and use.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Savannah,

Thank you for your interest in NCH Software. We offer free video tutorials that display a handful of VideoPad's tools and features. You can check those out here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#interface
If you have any further questions, our Support Team is always ready to help here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad
NCH Software Team

Grato
Grato

Is a very easy to use, practical and functional editor

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

Pros

With videoPad you do not need to be a professional in editing, it is practical, functional and intuitive. I not only use it to edit video, I can also edit an audio file and change its format

Cons

It is an excellent editor but with basic and limited functionalities. If what you want is to do simple jobs, it is a great option

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

VideoPad delivers when it comes to both both audio and video editing

Reviewed on 2022/05/19

Best for editing both audio and video files.

Best for editing both audio and video files.

Pros

To start with, the menu bar looks somewhat familiar to a Microsoft office tool. I know, that may sound funny being said of a video editing software, but it made me feel at home with it. This allowed me to settle down easily and learn the program. Most of the Important tools are well laid out on the menu bar for easy access. When I imported my video files including the images and audios, I liked how VideoPad organized them into their respective bins without the need for me to create footage folders. This software is simplified and yet punches well above its weight. I would recommend it to anyone at any video editing skills level.

Cons

I experienced some freezes here and there which probably could be related to my computer hardware configuration.

Mohammad Ismail
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The Best VIDEO Editing Software Ever.

Reviewed on 2022/09/28

Excellent and I really love using it because it is easy to navigate on its platform, the Software is too Friendly that you will learn more technique in film editing a very-very short time and you will produce a unique and professional Films as if you are a Film Director.

Pros

The most important feature of this software is the easyness of USER to navigate in all features and effects of Film Editing that includes Cropting,Scaling, positioning,transparency, GreenScreen, use of Filters and many more features that will satisfy your Editing needs and Requirements to produce - AV Films.

Cons

The Software is Good but sometimes I experience some bugs that bothers my Editing and rendering.

Pamela

Easy to use and affordable vdeo programm

Reviewed on 2023/01/25

I'm using VideoPad since many years now. Every time when my subscription expired after about 18 month, I was looking for other porgrams. But I couldn't find anything that is as good to use and affordable. I do videos from different angles, add some sequences. It is easy to cut a video.

Pros

It is an easy program to cut your videos and add some sequences or pictures. I use it when I do videos from different angles.

Cons

The supbtitel text could be a bit more modern. But I use it just for an end screen text to mention my website for example

MICHAEL
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Smallest Video Editing Software I know

Reviewed on 2021/06/28

Brilliant software. Simple to use and takes very little of my PC's storage and RAM.

Pros

Most of video editing software or even audio editing software take up a lot of storage and ram. Not VideoPad. It's very small but can perform a lot of video editing functions. With this software, I can remove parts of the video that I don't want thus my video Ads are nice and clear. The fact that there's even an Android app for it makes it even more attractive

Cons

Since I started using this software, I have not had any problems that I can report here. NCH is doing a great job.

Crystal
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used for 2+ years

Almost lost me, got me back

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Overall I use this to create testimonial videos. I like that it is affordable with tons of features, and most of all, when I was having issues with the last upgrade, customer service fixed it for me in under 10 minutes. I thought it wouldn't be worth the hassle and was considering buying another kind of software, but it was so easy to fix the issue.

Pros

I'm a novice, but I like that after a bit of learning, I could use it creatively with more options than I really needed

Cons

I feel like it is more on me as a novice user, but it take a long time to edit video!

Response from NCH Software

Hi there, Thank you very much for your balanced and fair review. We are glad that you are happy with VideoPad. We've taken your thoughts to heart and we will continue to make improvements on our next releases based on your recommendations. -NCH Software Team

German Liber
German Liber
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great video editor software option for beginners!

Reviewed on 2022/03/14

It's a nice option, but really expensive. And for the price, you could get something better. It's really cool for beginners, once you found your path through the program, things would be easier.

Pros

It has multiple formats and the output results are in a great quality. I really think it could be a great option for beginners in the video edition field. I'm a professional, but sometimes I use the app to make quick .mp4 videos. It features a DVD creator, and supports 3d video files. There are tools to export the files into different platforms as well. The interface is really clean and intuitive.

Cons

Not the easiest software out there. The learning curve might be a little hard. Effects like chroma key (green screen) looks kind of amateurish. It's overpriced.

Response from NCH Software

Hi Liber, We are constantly working to improve our products and greatly appreciate the feedback that you offer. If you need any assistance using this product, you could reach out to our Support team here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

Kevin
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Poor customer support, no answer after 5 day wait. AND I PAID FOR THIS!

Reviewed on 2019/12/30

Terrible customer service, after paid, they don't answer emails. Horrible Export Speed.

Pros

You can add clips easily, all the buttons function, so many features to ADD items but that's where it stops. See my CONS report on why.

Cons

Horrible upload speeds, 12-18 hours to export a 43-minute clip to youtube? TWO HOURS FOR A NINE MINUTE CLIP???

Are we serious here? We run a reality show on YouTube and have quickly realized this will cost us our fans if we can not upload our vids in time.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Kevin,

we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. It looks like you are experiencing a technical issue. The best resource to help troubleshoot the issue is our Support Team. They are always avialable here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad

-NCH Software Team

Missaka
  • Industry: Design

VideoPad video edit Review software

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

I am a Sound engineer.mostly i create a flute covers track while my free time .after compose it ,i want create a video for my Flute cover.then i mostly use this software for create my video.i can edit it easily.and export it of specific format.

Pros

Mostly i like this software,It is most user friendly,It can edit our video with basic editing tools easily.It can create photo slideshow, support mostly popular video formats including MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, MPG/MPEG, WMV, etc.and It can edit audios use basic editing tools.(Trim the length, change audio pitch, adjust volume)

Cons

Some time i met export problems and import problems.

Rogger
  • Industry: Food Production

My first video editor

Reviewed on 2021/02/27

This software helped me develop an image-based video of agroindustrial products that I used in a research at the university and in a few months I will publish a scientific article about this.

Pros

I like this video editor because it is very easy to use for beginners like me and there are many tutorials online to learn how to edit in this software

Cons

I think they should add some additional editing tools to make the videos look more professional also the obtainde videos should be less heavy.

Natoria
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

VIDEOPAD HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT PURCHASE!!!

Reviewed on 2020/11/14

STRESSFUL, HORRIBLE AND A WASTE OF TIME! IT HAS TAKEN 17 HOURS TO EXPORT ONE 30MIN VIDEO AND IT IS STILL NOT DONE EXPORTING! WHO KNOWS HOW MANY MORE HOURS WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS.

Pros

It's easy to download and easy to figure out how to work the SOFTWARE but other than that it's HORRIBLE.

Cons

It is horrible at playing back videos. It takes several several HOURS to export videos. It freezes constantly. It does not allow you to upload directly to social media, it freezes everytime you click for your videos to be authorized. There is no Customer Support Team available. They want you to pay them to get help from their technical support for their horrible software. DON'T PURCHASE!!! VIDEOPAD IS A HEADACHE!!!!!!

My own view

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

I am using it to create videos for my YouTube channel, mostly creative common videos. I use it to edit the videos to my desired choice before I upload it to my YouTube channel. So far so good, it has really being helpful and useful to me in so many ways.

Pros

I Like the aspect of it allowing users to join multiple videos together, e.g two or more videos.

Cons

It's not easy saving edited video in mp4 format.

Response from NCH Software

Hello there, thank you for contacting us.
We offer free video tutorials that will show you how to perform VideoPad's tasks including saving your videos to an MP4 format. You can find these here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#mp4
If you have any further questions or concerns, our Support team will be more than happy to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad
-NCH Software Team

Santhiya
Santhiya
  • Industry: Warehousing
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

VideoPad Review

Reviewed on 2023/05/08

Pros

VideoPad is easy to learn; we can edit the video quickly, and have many feathers. We can export the video in many formats

Cons

It is only for the beginners and advanced feathers are not up to the mark, Audio quality is also not that good

Benjamin

Great Replacement for Windows Moviemaker

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

If you liked the simplicity of Windows movie maker, then you're going to like this software. For users who grew accustomed to the windows version, this will be easy to use.

Cons

Like Windows Movie Maker had it's drawbacks, so does this software. The sometimes frustrating nature of navigating clips and the lack of some advanced features make this not the choice for advanced users.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Benjamin,

In our efforts to better our products, Is there anything, in particular, we could improve? We would greatly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve. You can share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NCH Software Team

Maria
Maria
  • Industry: Program Development

Very easy to use. You do not need to be a professional

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

Pros

I can easily locate the video scenes in the editions I do and all the effects offered by the editor, all thanks to the good distribution of its graphic board.

Cons

It is a somewhat limited program. If you want to make simple editions, this program is correct.

Refioe
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

My Journey with VideoPad

Reviewed on 2023/02/27

Delightful, I like it, and maybe once I learn more about it, I will eventually grow fond of it.

Pros

It has countless features that enables its users to familiarize themselves with the software without any predicaments, one can easily locate features, thus making the process more delightful.

Cons

The fact that I could not download my videos from VideoPad once I am done editing it, but apart from that, it is amazing, but I will continue to learn more about it maybe I could finally learn to download my videos.