Talkatoo

Speech recognition and dictation software

Pamela

extremely helpful

Reviewed on 2024/02/28

Pros

Talkatoo has given me back time on the weekend and quality time with family. Instead of catching up on work on my time off, I am able to finish my work during the work week and spend more time doing what I love.

Cons

Despite teaching certain medical terms to talkatoo, it still struggles understanding certain words and I have to correct it in the text.

Victoria
  • Industry: Veterinary

Great help with injured dominate arm

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

Overall I was very pleased. It made working through my injury very easy and saved me a TON of time. If my clinic was paperless I would consider keeping the product long term.

Pros

I liked the ease of use and how when I downloaded the free trial I was contacted almost instantly to make sure the product was set up correctly and working for me. I love having the ability to add my own words. For the most part it recognized the added words the very next time I used them.

Cons

I did not like that it often would not detect my microphone right away up starting my computer for the day I would have to close the application and re-open it to get it to register that my mic was plugged in. Perhaps this would not be an issue though if I had the special mic they recommend. The application had a hard time differentiating the words "and" from "in" for me. But beside this I was very pleased.

Reasons for Switching to Talkatoo

I like the ability to add my own words and for it to recognize veterinary specific words.

Response from Talkatoo

Thanks for the great review! We're very happy that we were able to help you work through an injury and not have to take time off work or get bogged down with all the typing. Thanks for giving the product a try and being a customer.

Melanie
  • Industry: Veterinary

Terrible platform and worse customer satisfaction support.

Reviewed on 2024/01/29

Before they secured the sale it was all sunshine and roses promising this revolutionary service that in practice is not ready for utilization in any clinic. Our experience was terrible from the minute they took our money, the customer service and collaboration disappeared.

Pros

The concept, AI will be the way of the future to improve a lot of veterinary administrative efficiencies. However this platform (talkatoo verified) is not equipped to deliver the level of attention and support that is required and will not be for some time.

Cons

I felt my team and I were completely taken advantage of, we onboarded onto the talkatoo verified service and were billed right away before the proper setup could be completed. We used this service for 1 week and had to do 50% of the work it was supposed to be relieving us from ourselves. I manually had to go into each patient file and input the doctor notes, $600 later customer service took no accountability for their rushed and failed application of their product. They have an extremely delayed turn around time from recording your notes to the time it is supposed to be uploaded for you into your PMS, waiting days for your notes to be inputted is not effective if you have a high efficiency clinic, better to just pay your support team member to transcribe for your veterinarian as it is a better investment of your money and time. Additionally, the app glitches and does not upload your cases when you think you have submitted them therefore adding additional delays to medical record notes. In our situation our security team was unable to provide remote access to talkatoos team the day they started billing us, what would have been considerate, and client-centered would have been to delay our official start date of their service once the connection was granted and the full experience of their service could be demonstrated, but what they did was charge us for the month and refused to cancel the service and provide a refund. Which has tarnished their reputation and I will proactively not recommending other veterinary clinics to try their service.

Response from Talkatoo

We take pride in our mission to give Veterinary professionals time back in their day. All feedback from our clients is crucial and I appreciate that you took my call. As we spoke about, I’ll reach out to you in a few months to let your team reevaluate our service.

I fully understand why you felt let down The delays in us gaining access to your PMS meant you had to shoulder the workload that our team usually handles. In the beginning, growing pains were inevitable, yet this does not excuse our poor customer service.

When the issue of refund was raised, we should have done a better job, we were wrong and we are extremely sorry. As the CEO, I place great importance on ensuring our clients are satisfied, which is why after reevaluating the situation, we have issued you a full refund.

Please accept my apology again and understand that we highly appreciate your feedback as it has helped us be a better company.

Best,
Shawn Wilkie

Jaythan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Talkatoo Review - A Physician Assistant Student Experience

Reviewed on 2023/05/16

My overall experience with Talkatoo has been fantastic. While it did take a week to learn how to fully use the software and how it could work for me, it now saves me time each day I use it! The software is easy to learn and user friendly.

Pros

I have been using Talkatoo during my Physician Assistant Program training. I have used the software is various areas of my educational and clinical training. This includes summarizing notes, writing research papers, searching databases, and much more. One of my favorite ways to use Talkatoo is making Anki flashcards. This makes the process as a PA student much faster, freeing up more time for me to actually study the flashcards I have made.The Talkatoo mobile app has helped me dictate words more clear and accurate when I have not travelled with my Talkatoo microphone. This resource is great evidence of how Talkatoo likes to improve and make the user experience better as they progress as a company!I enjoy that Talkatoo has incredible customer service. I have worked with [sensitive content hidden] multiple times and she has helped me to better understand the Talkatoo product and get the most out of this resource. They have been prompt with their response and are always professional! Another benefit of Talkatoo is that they are always trying to improve as a company. Now this doesn't mean they are always bombarding you with your feedback, rather they use the data they receive to made updates to their software. This helps with there never being any software problem issues with Talkatoo, something that is very nice!

Cons

The truth is that there are not very many cons with Talkatoo. The only improvement I would like to see in coming updates is the ability to create macros or phrases, a function that some other high end dictation softwares offer.

Lindsay
  • Industry: Veterinary

The most amazing software I never knew we needed, but doubled our efficiency and morale!

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Pros

Talkatoo was very easy to implement on all of our computer systems. The goal with implementing this software was to improve our efficiency in writing medical records. Improving our efficiency then led to us being able to see more patients per shift and medical records being completed while ON shift despite this almost 3-fold increase in patient load. Not having unfinished medical records looming over our heads has improved morale and allowed my team to have a better work-life balance (an unexpected but very welcomed effect)! I also love that the company is always looking to make improvements meaning the program will be able to keep pace with my clinic's rapid growth.

Cons

Sometimes the app on my computer crashes, but this could easily be my computer as well.
I look forward to Talkatoo continuing to add more punctuation abilities. :-)

Response from Talkatoo

Thank you so much for your glowing review, Dr. Ruland! I was so pleased to hear all the benefits you and your clinic were able to get from Talkatoo, both unexpected and expected. We're super pleased to have you as a customer and as an advocate. Hearing feedback like yours is what drives us to continuously improve the software! Thanks again.

Iris Ramirez

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2021/08/05

The support is Excellent. I was so proud of my typing speed, but now that I am using this transcription service all the time, I am AMAZED at how fast it is. Cuts record keeping time by 60% even with any little corrections or changes in colors/size of text that I do for clients ease of reading so they don't have pages of small black on white but rather blocks of varying text . I type more personal info and instructions for my clients than any vet in my 30 + year history (have done ALOT of relief work & see hundreds of other vet's records) and this sevice makes it MUCH MUCH faster like I said above. Sometimes I even allow the clients to state their CC & Hx . I just LOVE IT. You can get your records done while talking with the client much faster and hit send at the end of the appointment. My only regret is when I am on another computer like doing this now. I would have been long done with it if I had done this at work. I am so spoiled, I want to carry the mic back to the house and use it at home. Your skill set will also improve in a couple weeks to make your transcribing more efficient. GO FOR IT. You have a free month at least I did.

Pros

It is easy to use as long as your internet is working.

Cons

Working out the "kinks" which were all on my end. First I had to ditch my old worthless computer because it had auto suggestions that were messing up TalkaToo and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] caught that was the problem . Then there was the learning curve for me. I am VERY HAPPY that I stuck through it with the help of the EXCELLENT TalkaToo support. I doubt anyone would have my troubles, but I wanted to share with you so that you know that IT IS WORTH WHATEVER stumbling blocks you have to get this service up and going!!!

Mark
  • Industry: Veterinary

Saves time throughout the day

Reviewed on 2023/07/08

Saves about 5 minutes per appointment allowing me to get other work related projects completed. Fills in prescription labels and items related to the historical document.

Pros

Able to integrate into the notes that I give to the clients after a visit. Presently using a program that permits paragraghs to be entered. All saving time throughout the day.

Cons

It is 90 to 95% accurate. Need to correct some usages. Occasionally places an alternative word into the text.

Justine
Justine

Using Talkatoo for daily dictation

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

Great - I honestly wouldn't have splurged on a dictation device before, as I'm not a radiologist reading out reports. That said, it converted me for routine emails and blogs. The speed with which I can dictate an email is much faster, and now typing out a long email without Talkatoo seems tedious.

Pros

I recently got to try out Talkatoo, and was generally pleased with how easy it was to install and use. While I know this is directed for veterinary professionals when it comes to helping with completion of electronic medical records, I honestly don't use it for this. Most of our EMR are so templated, I didn't find myself using it for that as much as for client communication documentation and discharges. That said, I use Talkatoo WAY more for day-to-day emails and for articles, blogs, book chapters, etc. I like how you can add "MY WORDS" to make the software recognize particular wording.

Cons

I had some initial IT problems when I installed the Philips Precision Microphone with my sound on my iMac (for input and output), especially when I was using my Airpods, Blue Yeti mic, but was able to resolve this with their great customer support. Talkatoo's customer service was AMAZING!

Response from Talkatoo

Thanks so much for leaving a review! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and goes a long way in improving the product. We're happy to hear its helping you even for different use cases.

Rachel

Great experience so far!

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

Pros

We have a 5-doctor practice. It has been a game changer for the doctors who have been embracing the technology! Setting up the Mywords for each of us and talk a text is really important and only takes a few minutes but does save significantly on editing time. I've used mine for email as well as client notes. I'm really impressed and grateful for this time saver.

Cons

If you are a quick speaker it may jumble your words, so look away and slow down for best accuracy. Sometimes yes it really messes up what you're saying. It's not perfect, but it's incredibly helpful.

Sarah
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great for charts on the go

Reviewed on 2024/03/12

Pros

Verified is like having a nurse with me all day. I can add to notes as I go through the exam, and know they will be in the SOAP when I'm done with my day

Cons

requires internet, would love an offline option as well for recording and then update when back in wifi

Elizabeth

Voice Recognition System with a cute Parrot

Reviewed on 2023/04/06

Overall experience positive - very good performance, excellent support staff, easy billing/payment and quality microphone.

Pros

The program performs well in a simple, bright, clean manner.

Cons

Use is an subscription rather than a single purchase.

Danielle
  • Industry: Veterinary

Good, but could be (and hopefully will be) better

Reviewed on 2022/07/29

Talkatoo is easy to learn and easy to use. It does lack some functionality but my experience with customer service has been good so far and representatives have been receptive to feedback and suggest that there will be improvements and upgrades coming. I work on two different computers, one of which I take with me to airports, hotels, and my home, and it is easy to switch from computer to computer and it works well in all locations. It does save time and allows for hands-free typing which increases my overall productivity.

Pros

Talkatoo is extremely easy to use and very intuitive. It does not have to be “trained” and is user-ready from the start. The ability to install and multiple computers and to use a smartphone as a microphone makes it mobile, accessible and useful. It is superior to other dictation software in accurately recognizing and spelling proper nouns. It loads quickly and automatically.

Cons

Talkatoo lacks functionality compared to some other dictation software. For example, you cannot dictate whether or not a word should be capitalized and it does not recognize all grammar (parenthesis have to be manually typed in). It does not “learn” with use over time however this is not a major problem is it seems to recognize most words and you can add words and entire phrases if it doesn’t know them. Talkatoo does seem to struggle some with numbers and is inconsistent. For example sometimes 3.42 will be written correctly and other times it might transcribe “3 point for to”.

Paul
  • Industry: Veterinary

Using Talkatoo for medical records.

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

I have found it to be useful and am saving time with it, which was my whole goal. The new updates have been helpful (manual punctuation), and it seems to be recognizing more of 'My words' and becoming more accurate with time- probably a combination of both of us 'learning'. I have only used customer support twice and they were very fast, helpful and polite- I couldn't have been more impressed with their service.

Pros

Using Talkatoo shortens the time needed to write charts and medical records. It is particularly useful for the longer histories and the emails or client communication entries. It is easy to use and the learning curve wasn't very steep. There are new updates which have been useful and have increased accuracy.

Cons

Although it types much faster, you still have to proof read and correct it. Although the newer manual punctuation has helped there are still some seemingly random words capitalized (or not) that need to be corrected - this all reduces the time saved. I'm sure that is the same for all dictation software. "My words" function helps but if it is a word where the spelling could be interpreted several ways it still doesn't always pick it up. Is there a way to type in the word and then read it for the program to recognize it?

Response from Talkatoo

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave a review. Super happy to hear that Talkatoo is helping you save time. To your question on the 'My Words" feature, Talkatoo doesn't require you to read the word into the system, simply type the word into the 'My Words' section, hit enter, and try it out. That should work, but the solution is not 100%. Let us know if that doesn't work and have any more questions!

Kory

Cuts Documentation Time In Half

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Pros

The ability to use dictation any where I can type is a game changer. The ability to use it to navigate the web, or even launch a program when paired with the windows key to open a search is awesome.

I use both Microsoft and Google products every single day, and having the ability to use the same dictation service across both product suites is perfect.

Cons

The auto punctuation sometimes is not 100% but it is 10x better then completely getting your entire sentence wrong like other dictation products. I really wish there was a hot key for activation as well.

Response from Talkatoo

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, Kory! We're working on improving our punctuation, and should have an update soon! Hotkeys are also on the roadmap, so stay tuned.

MacKenzie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Talkatoo and Their Team Are Great

Reviewed on 2023/02/17

My experience with Talkatoo was excellent. I live a strange technological life, with a combination of PCs and Macs across two different offices, each with their own idiosyncrasies. Talkatoo's support team was always there to help me out with my occasional weird problems, and by the end of my tenure with the service, they knew me by name. I am very grateful to the entire Talkatoo team for keeping me online during a very annoying chapter in my health journey.

Pros

Talkatoo is miles ahead of any stock speech-to-text software. As a mental health clinician, it was invaluable to have a tool that came loaded with common medical terminology, and I appreciated being able to add my own terms to the dictionary to speed things up further. I started using the product when a repetitive strain injury left me unable to use my wrists or elbows for anything for 8-12 weeks. Talkatoo was a lifesaver. Without it, I would have had to go out on leave.

Cons

Talkatoo's subscription fee is based on the value for someone who is dictating full time. As my injury healed and I was able to return to typing, it didn't make sense for my business to sustain the cost of dictation.

Debbie

Saves me Hours of Time

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

Talkatoo allows me to rapidly create reports, blogs and social media content. I do recommend getting the dictation microphone as it enhances the experience.

Pros

Talkatoo is very user friendly. It has rapidly "learned" my voice and is very accurate with dictation. I like that it will transcribe my phone calls as they happen by just putting the call on speaker. I no longer have to try to take notes while having client conversations. I zip through emails and blogs in a quarter of the time it used to take. I highly recommend this for all veterinarians to chart...it understands medical vocabulary and will help vets get home on time instead of staying late writing medical charts.

Cons

The automatic punctuation did not work for me as I do a lot of creative writing and have to pause to think. The software has some odd word capitalizations that I have reported to tech support. It can get stuck when there is some instability in the internet connection but that is not on the software rather the internet provider. It doesn't always recognize the punctuation commands. Setting up the microphone does take some time but the team does the heavy lifting.

Response from Talkatoo

Thanks for the review, Debbie! Automatic punctuation isn't for everyone, but for those that like to speak there punctuation we do have that as an option in the settings menu. Hopefully that works better for you! We're working on the capitalization issue and should have a fix coming soon. The mic is a game-changer once configured correctly! We appreciate all your feedback.

Andrew
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Affordable and Ever Evolving

Reviewed on 2020/11/27

We trialled the program for a month and were very happy with the support and help we received in setting it up and trouble shooting. The staff was very receptive and thankful for any constructive criticism we had.

Pros

The cost point on this product is great as a subscription can be utilized by numerous clinic members as opposed to one individual. The development team is always improving the functionality of the program which is great too.

Cons

As with ALL dictation programs I have tried, one likely needs to be using a Phillips microphone for the best results as words do not always transcribe properly.

Reasons for Switching to Talkatoo

Much cheaper. Trialled Dragon but found the costs too great for something that is not completely effective. Again likely a better microphone would solve the issues.

Response from Talkatoo

Hi Andrew, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! It helps a lot. I'm glad you find Talkatoo helpful and I'm happy to hear it keeps getting better for you! Please continue sending constructive criticism as that really helps us improve!

Tracy
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Did Not Deliver As Promised

Reviewed on 2022/06/28

We were unable to solve anything with Talkatoo. The product does not work as advertised. Talkatoo ended up creating more work, not less for the doctors. When after a year of trying we asked to cancel our contract. Talkatoo said try a new microphone for three months. We did and it didn't make a difference. Little did we know, during the trial period with the microphone, our contract auto-renewed for another year. Nice way for them to lock an unhappy client into paying for another year.

Pros

We liked the idea of dictation software and it was easy to install

Cons

Quite frankly, it slowed my doctors down. The number of errors that occurred were unacceptable. My doctors spent more time correcting errors than it would have taken them to just type out the notes in the first place. My system claims to "learn" new words if you input them. It doesn't. Medical abbreviations are a nightmare with the system. The only help the company offers is a new microphone. It doesn't make a difference. Talkatoo is a no go in my book

Response from Talkatoo

Hi Tracy, we're sorry to hear that the software did not work as intended for your team. We also deeply apologize that your contract auto-renewed for another year, that was an oversight on our part. We've since corrected the issue and issued a full refund for the additional year as promised. While our software is good, abbreviations is something that our dev team is heavily focussed on improving, and there are a few tricks to make them work. I hope that in the future you reconsider and give our software another try as it is constantly improving, but we are sorry it didn't have the desired effect the first time around. Thank you for trying, and I hope you can accept our apology as we've since remedied the billing issue. Have a great day!

Meiyao

Talkatoo for veterinarians

Reviewed on 2023/07/15

It shortens the time needed to do notes, and I enjoy not having to type all the time.

Pros

I love being able to dictate instead of type notes!

Cons

Sometimes words are not copied into text correctly. This can be a little frustrating as I have to go back and correct it.

Reasons for Switching to Talkatoo

It seemed geared towards veterinary medicine.
Cynthia

Vet perspective

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

Takutu has helped speed up writing my charts and has helped with my carpal tunnel.

Pros

One of my favorite parts of the software is the customer support I am not very good with computers and I bought this software at a conference when I got home we set up a video conference and they walked me through installing and using the software they’ve also checked on me several times to make sure everything is going OK and because of having an old laptop they actually wrote some software just so it would work with my machine

Cons

One of my favorite parts of the software is the customer support. I am not very good with computers and I bought this software at a conference. When I got home, we set up a video conference and they walked me through installing and using the software. They also checked on me several times to make sure everything is going OK. I have an old laptop that they actually wrote some software just so it would work with my machine. The medical vocabulary is great.

Response from Talkatoo

Thanks so much for your glowing review, Cynthia! We're happy to hear that everything is running smoothly on your machine and the vocabulary is great! Reach out with any issues or feedback, we're here to help.

Andrea
  • Industry: Veterinary

Saves time, increase’s my efficiency

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

I have been VERY pleased with the ease of use overall and how much it has increased my efficiency.

Pros

I love how easy it is to Install. It was a breeze.

Cons

The hardest part is learning the cadence to speak. It will capitalize words and put periods if I have to long of a pause. I wish I could dictate punctuation, more like Siri

Reasons for Switching to Talkatoo

Ease of use, not needing to integrate into all computers, cost

Response from Talkatoo

Thanks for your feedback, Andrea! Talkatoo works the best when you talk naturally as if you were speaking to a human. We also find it helps to not look at the screen while you dictate, so hopefully, that helps! Also, we are working hard on manual dictation and should have an update out soon to allow you to do this. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Peter

A very helpful tool

Reviewed on 2023/03/21

Far superior to other dictation software that I have used and excited to continue using the product as I get better utilizing the product and the product becomes more refined with time.

Pros

This product has the most functional dictation software that I have used. When you teach it new words such as drug names. etc. in the "My words" list it does recall them with good accuracy.

Cons

Looking forward to the software becoming a little more sophisticated about when to use lowercase vs. capitalize but I expect this to get more refined as time goes on.

Cheyene

Work Smarter, Not Harder

Reviewed on 2021/07/02

This program works with, and for, any one who can talk. Not only does it increase efficiency but it decreases errors! Time is priceless and with Talkatoo you'd be amazed at how your previously unbearably heavy workload can be done in a fraction of the time (with no sacrifice to its quality!) Increase your productivity without the added stress and burnout. Work smarter with Talkatoo, not harder.

Pros

This software not only is simple to install and use, but it works for anyone regardless of their previous experience with technology. I have employees that range from coming fresh out of high school to being in the workforce for over 50 years and all of them love it.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was not using the product SOONER.

Glenn
  • Industry: Veterinary

Talkathon for a slow typer

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Overall I’m very satisfied with it, and plan on continuing to use it.

Overall I’m very satisfied with it, and plan on continuing to use it.

Pros

I have only used Talkatoo for a few weeks. I’m 64 years old, so I did not grow up with a keyboard in my lap.
While I’ve gotten much faster at typing, filling out records at the end of a busy day was slower than I preferred. With Talkatoo I can move fairly quickly through that process.
While it is not perfect, I have been impressed with how well it does recognizing medical terms.

Cons

There was a little trouble getting it installed in our clinic operating software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful in getting that done.
A lot of what I write in records has doses, brand names etc, that it does not recognize every time. You have to be aware of what’s being typed.

Response from Talkatoo

Thanks for your feedback, Glenn! We're happy to hear this is speeding up your medical records. We hate typing too, and saving you time is our goal. Don't forget to add words to your 'my words', and if you have persisting issues please don't hesitate to reach out to our support!

Dana
  • Industry: Veterinary

Takutu has improved our efficiency

Reviewed on 2023/01/09

My overall experience with Talkatoo is that it has helped our entire team to improve our efficiency and help us with time management to be able to treat more patients on a daily basis.

Pros

The software allows us to enter a lot of data in a rapid manner into our medical records, so that we can manage a higher caseload of patients efficiently.

Cons

The software does sometimes pick up mistakes that I’ve actually made, when repeating a word, like, when you do not have a complete thought, and say things like uh, however, with continued use I get better at not making verbal mistakes.