Carepatron Reviews

Carepatron

The healthcare workspace for small teams and their clients.

Amy
Amy
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Too good to be true: Effective and Affordable EHR with Unparalleled Customer Support

Reviewed on 2023/01/18

Excellent experience. I was searching for an EHR suitable for a solo practitioner in the mental health space. I did a ton of research and test-drove at least 15 EHRs. Carepatron was the obvious choice based on personalized onboarding and customer support, features, and ease of use.

Pros

The top feature is the customer support - phenomenal response time, and care is taken to provide custom answers. The level of HIPAA compliance is excellent and allows me to feel secure in note-taking. I appreciate the modifiable fields and the ease of use. It is an entire EHR that continues to improve and upgrade.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the software. There are features that I would like to use that are being developed. Once implemented my ability to streamline my practice and communicate directly and effectively with my patients will be at 100%

TherapyNotes, LLC, SimplePractice and TheraNest

Reasons for Choosing Carepatron

I was using a proprietary system and needed to "own" my documentation and client communication.

already stated above
Nadia
  • Industry: Medical Practice

You get what you pay for

Reviewed on 2024/04/02

It has been beneficial having a free system to manage my caseload, schedule sessions with many different services offered, and have automatic reminders. The app and iPad functionality are less than desirable.

Pros

Having the system be free up to a certain storage is really welcomed for young small businesses.

Cons

As a paperless mobile practitioner I use my iPad for notes and this has been the biggest deterrent for using the system. The app does not do writing to text conversion very smoothly and you have to write very slow. Additionally app cannot be used offline.

Karyn

I have deleted Carepatron as I found a programme that fitted my needs better and gave me more...

Reviewed on 2024/04/05

Very disappointing that it was very difficult to use, didn't meet my needs. Felt that I wasted time trying to get it to work to some degree that was manageable.

Pros

It was easy to set up and appears to be quite cost effective.

Cons

1. Inability to have first and surname on the booking. Made the calendar very confusing and had to keep checking which client it was.
2. Inability to colour code appointments to see at a glance what contract they were through, whether it was a first appointment or a last appointment.

Response from Carepatron

Hey Karyn, I am sorry Carepatron wasn't the right solution! I am happy to share we have updated the calendar with custom service colors and improved the display of the client's name. Thanks for your feedback : )

Tiffany

Carepatron for Private Practice

Reviewed on 2024/04/02

Pros

As a sole practitioner in a counseling private practice, Carepatron has been an excellent choice for managing client scheduling and billing. It is extremely cost effective, which has been important in managing my budgeting.

Cons

I am excited to see how Carepatron will continue to expand their forms applications so that I can customize and digitize more of my client forms.

Shuntoria
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great use for our health company

Reviewed on 2024/03/27

Pros

I love how user friendly it is. It is very straight forward and simple to use.

Cons

I do not like the limited options it has for communicating with clients.

Roberta

Carepatron

Reviewed on 2024/03/29

Pros

Ease of use, always adding new features

Cons

Waiting for more features, I know they’re coming as they are very transparent

Emmanuel
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Carepatron review

Reviewed on 2024/04/09

Pros

Computing, appointment scheduled, data analysis and computer software.

Andrea

Amazing EHR platform for private practice

Reviewed on 2024/04/05

Pros

I love the amount of functionality I get for this being a free product! I am a single practitioner starting a private practice, so I needed a HIPAA compliant platform but didn't have a big budget. So far Carepatron has all the functionality I need for my practice.

Cons

I haven't found any big cons yet! I would like the capability to schedule future payments to auto process, but for the price I feel what I'm getting is very comprehensive.

Philip

Reviewed on 2024/04/05

It’s been great because it allows us to have a clinic and operate the front office and meet HIPPA standards without excessive cost

Pros

The ease of use and the community support for templates

Cons

Sometimes it’s hard to navigate between windows but am learning so no fault of the app but mine

Dagny
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Review from a mental health practice

Reviewed on 2024/04/09

Pros

Very affordable for a small practice, love how customizable the forms are, lots of pre made templates as well that are helpful.

Cons

I really wish it had a messaging feature and the ability to only allow virtual/inperson appointments at certain times

Rachel

Best CRM I've tried.

Reviewed on 2022/03/22

Great.

Great.

Pros

Its simplicity. Calendar integration with Microsoft. Ease of use. Mobile access.

Cons

None. It's been very friendly to use and customer service has always been great.

TherapyNotes, LLC, SimplePractice and TheraNest

Reasons for Choosing Carepatron

Pricing

SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to Carepatron

We are not based in the US so we don't need HIPAA compliance which I think makes these software expensive. Carepatron was able to meet our very minimalist needs and with the right price.

Response from Carepatron

Thanks Rachel, appreciate your wonderful feedback! We enjoy supporting you and your team : )

Jennifer
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Underrated and perfect for therapists starting out

Reviewed on 2022/03/24

Pros

Has all you need to start and run a simple practice in one place while compliant to privacy standards/laws.
This includes: digitally signed consent forms, client portal, in built telehealth video calling, appointment calendar, invoicing and payments system, client records, customisable templates, invoice/appointment reminders...

It sounds like a lot but it's actually pretty much one click or automatic. Once you have created the appointment on your calendar, there is no need to manually send a text reminder or send an appointment time. There is no need to edit an invoice for every session because it autofills from your appointment calendar. Huge time and mental space saved when everything takes at most a minute.

Perfect for starting therapists - no set up costs and you could effectively stay on the free plan forever.

Friendly and helpful customer support on a messenger system.

It has so many features that you would normally have to pay to get in separate platforms, but here it is integrated and you can use for free or for a very reasonable cost. I did a lot of research on therapy practice software lists and honestly can say this platform should be on the radar of many more therapists

Cons

There are already templates of psychometrics that I can quickly fill in and save, but as of now I am not yet able to send forms for clients to complete in the client portal. I am told this feature is being worked on and to come soon.

The inbuilt document editor can be a tiny bit slow at times - for a computer nerd like me I have found that I prefer to do my more comprehensive notes on a normal word document program (especially since I like the form fields on more advanced editors and had made my own templates on Word before discovering Carepatron) and copy paste across and then adjust some of the paragraph spacing.

Response from Carepatron

Thanks Jennifer, we appreciate your review and feedback : )

Jess
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Good start with space to grow

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

Generally enjoy CarePatron's design and accessibility. At its current stage I am using it as to manage documents, session notes, and appointment reminders but am required to use another software for scheduling. It may also require a few more steps when managing the calendar (compared to other services), but so far this does not deter me from using it.

Pros

- Free for basic services with the option to upgrade for larger businesses- Appointment reminders- Integrated Telehealth function- Easy to navigate via phone/ tables, simple design, intuitive navigation- Ability to send and for the client to sign service agreements etc online (as long as it does not require the client to enter information)

Cons

- So far, no option for clients to book appointments online based on availability- No ability to adjust calendar view besides daily/weekly/monthly view. The app would benefit from:--> Show 15 minutes time slots to allow more accurate selection of appointment time without having to manually change it when creating the appointment--> Display of availability (e.g. colour coded) for better overview when scheduling as a practitioner- No ability to have clients fill out documents in the app (e.g. pre-appointment).

Response from Carepatron

Hey Jess, Happy to share we have made a number of updates to the platform, including online bookings and calendar views : )

Missy

Easy to use all-in-one patient management system

Reviewed on 2023/01/19

I love working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team - I always get great customer support and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team always open for feedback and continuously improving Carepatron to be more user friendly both for clinicians and the clients

Pros

Carepatron is an easy to use all-in-one patient management system that has made my private practice easy and less stressful. I love that I can schedule appointment, set automatic appointment reminders, have my clinical notes, and invoice all in one software.

Cons

There are some features that I would like to see to make Carepatron even more awesome - 1) online scheduling for clients (I know they are working on this), 2) An all in one system where I can see upcoming appointments for a particular client, 3) Two factor authentication to make the platform more secure

Claudia

Easy to use for my clinic

Reviewed on 2023/01/23

This has been a great way to start moving from paper based to cloud based, I have been apprehensive to upload personal and sensitive information to the cloud, but using Carepatron has definitely been a great choice here.

Pros

I love that it is an all one platform, where I can keep notes, book appointments, create invoices, and upload important patient information. So easy to use and navigate and the help desk is amazing. If you dont get an answer straight away you are told how long it will be and the response is friendly and super helpful.

Cons

I am looking forward to the new features being rolled out hopefully this year, it would be great to add in my own message as part of the appointment reminder, but also hopefully the chance to have user friendly forms that could be sent via the software for patients to fill out and upload.

Response from Carepatron

Thanks Claudia for your kind feedback! We appreciate your input and helping to make the carepatron better everyday

Summer
  • Industry: Banking

Very pleased so far

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

I am greatly pleased thus far with this software and continue to use this as my platform in the future.

Pros

I like most about this software is how easy it is to manage. I was able to navigate and explore very easily with understanding very quickly. I enjoy all the access from storing documents, billing directly from the software, the tracking of the billing/receipts, scheduling, being able to upload documents and storage for progress reports.

Cons

I like least about this software is the limited access the administrate gets. For example, my admin is unable to create new services or update price changes. It would be more helpful to be able to have my admin have access to more things.

Response from Carepatron

Thanks Summer for this great review and your feedback ⭐️

Missy

Simple & Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2023/01/26

Overall, I am very pleased with Care patron. When I had an issue, one of the cofounders scheduled a call with me personally! It doesn’t get much better than that! I think Care patron is one to watch.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use! You can create all of your own documents or copy from others. The billing is easy to set up. I use Stripe and have had zero issues. I currently only collect cash though.

Cons

I wish there was a way to drop the patient’s name into notes and the date of service. Everything you put in is quite manual. I also wish that there was a patient portal where they could securely message you and you could message them.

Reasons for Switching to Carepatron

It’s free and does what it needs to.

Response from Carepatron

Thanks Missy. We appreciate your time and feedback! We are expecting to release an update to the note tool soon to make it easier to capture your client names and date of service ����

Cass

A good investment

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

Carepatron has changed our business. It was easy to integrate into our systems and did everything we needed. The staff were able to learn Carepatron easily and we know that our information is secure.

Pros

Easy to use, great support to help us set up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are really nice and nothing was too much trouble for them. The whole team us up and running in a matter of days.

Cons

Have had some trouble getting the app on my phone, and the price can be pricey if you are a small place like us without lots of money. Too much spamming.

Jude

ReconnectNow Private Limited Company - Review

Reviewed on 2023/01/18

Very Good experience to date with no major concerns.

Very Good experience to date with no major concerns.

Pros

The system / interface appears to have been designed with the user in mind and as such reflects in the ease of use / its user-friendly interface for our organisation, staff and clients. The Admin control functions also ensures that we remain in line with Data Protection Laws ensuring that we have greater control of various levels of access management. The ability to easily schedule an appointment with the Carepatron support team.

Cons

Limitations on designing templates and forms to our organisation standards.

Megan
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My review for capterra

Reviewed on 2024/03/27

Pros

It was easy to use for the most part and I like how quickly I could pull up access

Cons

Some functions didn't work properly and kept having technical issues

Angelica
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Finally found what I needed!

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

Carepatron has been such a blessing. I searched for over a year and tried many different platforms. Carepatron has amazing customer service and is very user friendly. I'm sure I have more great features to discover, but for the needs that I have, it is amazing. Though it is free, I am willing to pay for it each month, to support the agency.

Pros

The templates and documentation are extremely easy to use and take notes.

Cons

While I still have some exploring to do, I would like to be able to reproduce the same note without using a separate template for each client, every time I'm updating each individual chart.

Response from Carepatron

I am so glad we were able to be the solution you looked so hard to find ���� Thanks for your time and great feedback!

Jeremy
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Best option out there for the money and time investment!

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

Customer service has been great and the training information is very helpful.

Customer service has been great and the training information is very helpful.

Pros

I love the easy of use, auto-reminders, and integrated virtual software.

Cons

I really dislike the documentation forms. They should be fillable forms where spacing and text do not get messed up every time I type a note. I also would like more features in billing. Setup where a copay can be acknowledged as partial payment on an invoice and automating the invoice when a scheduled appointment is kept would be great.

Response from Carepatron

Thanks for your kind words and support. We are thrilled to have you part of our practitioner community ����‍♂️

Lindsey
Lindsey

We LOVE CarePatron

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

Outstanding! From accessibility to in-person training with our staff, we have only rave reviews!

Pros

We are a very small start-up non-profit. Carepatron solved our challenges around documentation in a HIPPA compliant format. We love it!

Cons

We love this software! Thank you for making it available!

Response from Carepatron

Thanks Lindsey; we appreciate your lovely feedback and time in helping us make Carepatron something special!

Monique

Reviewed on 2023/01/18

I enjoy using it because it is simple and clean. By that I mean the screens are not cluttered.

Pros

It's easy to use, I really like the support ([SENSITIVE CONTENT] is fantastic) and I'm interested in a feature that is coming ie. email marketing.

Cons

As I am not a medical practice (my business is more like a tutoring one) there is a lot that I don't need. But I also plan to utilise some of that to increase the service to my clients.

Jessica
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Carepatron Is Ok

Reviewed on 2024/04/02

Pros

I liked the ease of use and the many different form accesses

Cons

They didn't have the exact forms I was looking for for what I needed which is why I just cancelled the free access altogether and stopped using it.