• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy texting review

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

I didn't get to utilize beyond the trial, but what little time I had I made use of.

Pros

I like the fact that it automatically adds email/phone numbers and contact name, three important elements.

Cons

You have the person's name and/or address.

Jon L.

Almost perfect texting app!

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Pros

I love the ease of use of the interface, importing mass contacts, and the ability to export bounced messages.

Cons

I wish the platform made it a little more intuitive to add a new solo contact with additional information while composing a message. For example, when I type a new phone number, I'd like it to prompt me for the person's name and other information right from within the compose window.

Kelly M.
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used Other for 2+ years

The Best Pro is in their Name! So Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

If you need to send a marketing message, a coupon for tracking purposes, or want to hear back directly from your customers, this is the best software on the market for those needs! I suggest creating a campaign around texting and offer discounts and coupons with codes you can track to see when is the best time for delivery, etc. and that is so super easy with EZ!

Pros

This software is so very easy to use - for any level of marketing experience. Anyone trying to reach a mass amount of customers with one simple message should really consider texting software and EZ Texting is the best out there, hands down!

Cons

I would like for there to be a way to send pictures universally through this software and there currently is not.

Stan M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It's still early, but the onboarding process to effectively utilize this service was great.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Again, it's still early, but I think it will help me maintain value added contact with current clients and those I'd like to be clients.

Pros

Simplicity of Txt's to clients, and the customer experience provided by EZ Texting. When I signed in, my first time, the AE had listened closely enough to have the different "groups" I'd be texting already preloaded in my "New Contact" template. She made things so easy. I think this system has room for me to grow with videos, pics and such too.

Cons

Although I don't worry over this, I still don't understand differences between the MMS and SMS texting with this service even after asking in the chatbox area. I don't know if I am charged two credits for including a vid/pic or not. This could be MY fault, as I'm not too tech savvy. I need to inquire again.

Good mass texting service for the price

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

This software allows us to easily mass text our clients for a very low cost, and it can merge information like their first name, etc.

Cons

I wish that responses could go to your email rather than the EZ Texting inbox, because that makes it easy to miss them. Also, I wish it integrated with other software so that, for instance, when we update a person's phone number in our CRM it would also update it in EZ Text.

Maria J.

Very helpful!

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

This program is a great tool for when reaching out to clients. It is very hard to get a response from emails and being able to text clients, sending out reminders and information quick is exactly what we want and are happy with! Its easy to use also which is a big plus!

Cons

We have been using the system for 6 months and have no issues. The systems has been working great.

Zach P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy to use and a great way to reach our consumer.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

I can do everything on my own without having to have someone else manage or handle. It is a really great way to connect.

Cons

Honestly I don't have really any negative feedback. Easy to reach customer service when I need to so all around pretty happy customer.

Steven H.

New user of the service.

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Excellent, efficient communication with clients. Very cost effective, and very quick replies as opposed to phone calls or email.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, efficient, excellent tool for communication with clients! Very detailed ability to integrate with other functions or simple, basic setup. Beta "Chat" feature I really enjoy, and so do clients.

Cons

No concerns with any features. Every feature works as anticipated/expected.

Brittney O.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great text software

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to add contacts and segment them into different groups. However number listed in contact group doesn't always factor in opt-outs.

Cons

Always feel like I'm refilling my account. And I don't like the "shorten link" option. I had a few times where it didn't link to where it was supposed to when I used it.

Marc Y.
  • Industry: Entertainment

False Billing

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Very poor interaction several times over a period of years, including via other businesses I have worked with. I am wary of doing business with a company that misleads and misrepresents their services and cost structure.

Pros

I think the software is good overall. Issues on pricing, misleading practices and incremental costs are of concern and have caused issues.

Cons

The platform is constantly pushing for increasing expense. And pricing displays are misleading to say the least.

Response from EZ Texting

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry for any poor experiences you've had with us and the issues they may have caused. At EZ Texting, we're always striving to provide clear communication regarding platform or pricing changes that may need to occur. I'm sorry to hear we missed this mark. We value your insight and would like to hear more about your experience so we can improve moving forward. We want to make this right, so please contact us by calling us at (800)753-5732.

Alexa F.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

They have over the top customer service. This is a great software to retain customers. They use smart marketing to text customers and I find that most customers will see a text vs an email.

Cons

Although this is a great software, there is only limited information you can put in a text, which made the decision difficult to chose between a texting service and an email service. Ultimately, we chose a software that works with our booking system to use this type of marketing.

Brandy S.

Overall good system

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Easy to use, great way to communicate with a large group of people!

Pros

We use this for mass communication with our agents about events, meetings, upcoming reminders, etc. It helps keep everyone on the same page.

Cons

It seems to nickel and dime you, you run out of texts quickly when you have a large group of agents you're communicating with. For that reason, we decreased our use because we didn't want to pay to go to the next upgrade.

Paul H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Use for maintaining contact with a database of customers and vendors.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Overall not a bad product for the money and for a company requiring basic texting services. Not super-sophisticated but easy to use.

Pros

Pricing plan is simple and low cost. Though not offering as much functionality as more robust texting platforms, it has enough features to maintain campaigns for basic texting needs for a small business.

Cons

Would probably not be best for a larger company with significant texting needs and more sophisticated requirements.

Connor W.

Stay Away

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

It is definitely not the best option and is not a software we would ever suggest to one of our clients. Stay away from EZTexting go with another SMS service instead

Pros

Very simple interface to navigate. Getting setup takes a matter of minutes and is easy to jump into.

Cons

The Customer Support team is one of the worst I have ever experienced. The account rep who initially got us set up subscribed us to add ons we told him we did not want or need. We were unaware that the add ons were even there until we were hit with the bill and the customer support team told us they would not help and if we cancelled our accounts they would delete our credits if we closed our account.

The service itself is not great, the texting is difficult for customers to use and the software does not integrate into slack which would make responding to inbound texts easier. Stay away, and use something else.

Response from EZ Texting

Hello! We're sorry to hear about your negative experience. There seems to have been a miscommunication and the charge on your account was the renewal of the plan you purchased. Our team members always try to set up our customers for success, but never force into plans or purchase additional features without your knowledge.

We are known for our exceptional customer service, so we would like to make things right and we have since refunded the charges. If you have any questions or need further clarification, give our Customer Support team a call at (800)753-5732.

Anace S.

Could not load contacts, did not refund money

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Nothing.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Easy to set up. They are not very expensive but there are cheaper software out there and some of them have more services.

Cons

Customer service is relatively OK, but they don't tell you that the software sometimes does not integrate with the EHR, Practice Fusion. So we downloaded all our contacts from Practice fusion and tried to upload the contacts to EZtexting without success, despite the help of customer service. We tried to upload them 4 times with no luck.
They refuse to refund our money even though we did not use the software the whole first month.

Alex B.

Review 1

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Been good. Need a more personalized experience

Pros

Simple and clear. The interface is easy to work with and texts are sent always on times

Cons

Too expensive compared to others. The experience needs to be a bit more personalized.

Terrance L.

Convenience

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

I occasionally have a schedule change and its important for me to get the word out fast and this platform is easy and affordable.

Pros

Its easy to use, I don't have to commit to a long period of time to use it. I can let my entire patient base know if there is ever a schedule change.

Cons

I feel its a fair price since we are not committing for long. I don't have much to say about it.

Pierre M.

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

Karen M.

The best we have found!

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Overall, we like EZ Texting much better than other apps we have looked at recently and/or tried.

Pros

It’s great for most things we need for a texting application. We send out reminders for lunches and events and also invites for training classes we have.

We add a key word and have it set up to auto reply back to texts we send out for training with links to being able to download the volunteer application ahead of training, etc.

EZ Texting works great for these things and we use them often!!

Cons

The thing I do not like is the difficulty to follow a conversation or to see when someone replies back to a text message for a training class. It can be done but it’s not very easy.

Also, we have previously tried using another program for our departments since you can make (and see) small groups or teams. That program changed their structuring and we have been looking for something to replace it. EZ Texting does not have the same structure but we sure wish they did.

We actually need a smaller package - we don’t use 1,000 texts a month so we overpay for what we actually need.

Vijay S.

A solid texting platform

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Pros

The most important thing is that it works. We were a group of students conducting a field study, and needed to reach out to our study participants on a daily basis through texts. We tried another leading platform that did not work. EZ Texting worked flawlessly from the start, and honestly saved our project.

Cons

Some options took a little while to figure out.

Luiggi C.

Review of EZ Texting from an Agency's perspective

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

We are solving a business problem for clients running contests and sweepstakes. SMS messages serve as the first response to consumers interested in being redirected to sites we built.

Pros

The ease of use for training less technical people on how to buy keywords is excellent. The API is great to work with as well.

Cons

The monthly cost of buying keywords gets cost prohibitive. I would love to have more keywords bundled in one price for campaigns that use the same keyword multiple times.

Lisette D.

Easy to implement

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Overall, really like EZ Texting - customer service is helpful if ever any issue.

Pros

Very easy to deliver messages out, usually done within a very timely manner.

Cons

Adding/removing contacts is more manual than I'd like, perhaps an updated integration of the interface? Wish mobile app was more helpful.

Miriam O.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great product!

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

Before I signed up with EZ Texting I was struggling to keep up calling my customers to remind them about their Payment due dates. And many times they wouldn't answer or wouldn't have a voicemail set up. When I started asking my customers their preferred method of contact most answered they preferred text messages. So EZ Texting save me time and helps me keep in touch with my customers without missing a date.

Cons

I cannot filter the Recurring texts. I would be easier for me to have the option to filter texts already programmed to avoid duplicates.

Daniel M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Best in Market!

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Have used EZ Text at my previous company and my current one. Will continue to use them in whatever organization I find myself in. A must have for me and my team.

Pros

EZ Text makes it very easy to upload contacts, either individually or in large groups. Easily storable and setting up texts is a breeze.

Cons

The only downside is when you go to search historic texts, you can't filter to find a specific text which is a bit annoying.

Jenny T.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Good choice for mass texting

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Overall it's been a positive experience, and they seem to make improvements regularly. I haven't used many other texting systems, but I would recommend this one to someone looking.

Pros

It was a quick process to send a mass text, and will automatically remove people who want to stop or cancel when they send the "stop" or "cancel" message.

We had a question about sending a test of the text, and customer service replied quickly - they were helpful.

Cons

I wish there was a built-in test function, so that you didn't have to send a separate message just to one or two people to test something out. We were worried that in re-typing the message, or copying and pasting the message, the link might break or be copied wrong. Not a huge deal, but would be a nice feature.