CleanMyMac X

Maintenance and antivirus software for Macs.

Jonathan
Jonathan
  • Industry: Legal Services

CleanMyMac Review

Reviewed on 2022/04/05

Love it. Highly recommend. A must have for all Mac users.

Love it. Highly recommend. A must have for all Mac users.

Pros

If you're looking for an easy to use all in one cleaner and anti virus software for your Mac, this is the software for you.

UI is sleek and attractive.

UX is easy to follow and well thought through. Easy to understand and navigate.

Favorite features: clearing cache, empty recycle bin, search and remove malware, maintenance scripts to free up RAM, purge DNS cache. Also there's the option to set a reminder to run CleanMyMac every week or month etc... so you never forget to run it and keep your Mac running in tip top shape.

Cons

Software is solid. It's a bit pricey as it's a subscription model (there's also a one-time purchase option) but the software does what it's supposed to do, it's chuck full of useful features and the development team continues to develop it.

Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Banking

Flawless and Easy protection of your Mac!

Reviewed on 2021/07/30

Like most software for a mac: it just works. You can set it and forget it and it will let you know about updates, remind you to clean your Mac, and more.

Pros

It has an intuitive design that makes using it a delight. It's easy to find what you need to do, the reminders are super helpful and not intrusive, and it makes staying on top of your software updates a snap!

Cons

In all fairness, there isn't much not to like. It has a small footprint, runs from the taskbar, and is pleasing on the eyes.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Switching to CleanMyMac X

The price and the ease of use.
Adam
  • Industry: Music
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Slows Down Your Mac

Reviewed on 2023/06/13

CleanMyMac X is much better than MacCleaner but still slows your mac way down. I have removed it from start up privileges in Ventura and also from LaunchDaemons in the System Library folder. My mac is faster. I think that PathFinder also slows down the Finder as well but I until Apple finally figures things out and improves merging folders in the Finder like Windows has had at least since Windows 98 I will depend on this. I will also run CleanMyMac X to update apps. I purchased it because it seemed to be the only app that could find and remove 32 bit applications. Go64 is free and can help you find apps quickly and more specifically that are not 64 bit or Intell etc and would be the route I would go if you are looking for that. I forgot I had that app already.

Pros

Finds 32 bit appsUpdates out-of-date softwareMany other features

Cons

- Slows your Mac down similar to Norton's monitor did back in the day. - Some out-of-date software it lists is inaccurate and doesn't check if the update is the best for your computer (Intel-based or Apple Silicon).-Know what things

Daniel
Daniel

The Best Whole-System Cleaner on the Market for Mac

Reviewed on 2022/01/13

My overall experience with Clean My Mac is that it does everything I need. It cleans up my RAM, clears out storage, protects my Mac from MalWare, updates my Mac with each new OS, helps clean up my e-mail, and everything in between.

Pros

What I like best about Clean My Mac X is its ability to keep my Mac running fast and safely each and every day. From clearing up RAM for fast work, to protecting my Mac from Malware, to updating my Mac, to cleaning up storage, Clean My Mac keeps my Mac at it's tip top shape.

Cons

What I like least about Clean My Mac is that it is not easy to contact customer support.

Jordan

CleanMyMac is a MUST for any Mac user

Reviewed on 2023/10/09

My experience with CleanMyMac has been a 10/10. I've never had a problem with the software and the team has a ridiculously fast response time.

Pros

Where do I even start?! The software is amazing. The team is amazing. Overall it's one of the best products out there. CleanMyMac will scan your device for any junk in seconds and make smart recommendations to you to keep your Mac running at full speed. It's incredibly easy to setup and the team behind it offers the best customer service that is very hard to beat. 10/10.

Cons

Not much of a con, but wish it was more contextual in some of the recommendations it makes when it comes to deleting things off the machine.

Steve
Steve

Keep you Mac updated and clean threats

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

I usually run the program daily to check for updates and remove unwanted applications and weekly to perform deep scans, clear caches/bins/etc and run maintenance scripts.

Pros

It allows you to update software, remove old and unused files and programs, clean caches, speeds mail and checks for infections and other malware.

Cons

Sometimes to offers program updates that have already been updated

Charles
Charles

Run it Once and You will keep it Forever

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

This one program salvaged a 2015 Macbook Pro which was clogged, cluttered, poorly indexed, with multiple memory leaks. I've since installed it on all my Mac's (personal and business).

Pros

The simple complexity is perfect for my environment. I can quickly flush cache, file compare, update, uninstall, and run scans from a slick interface. Eliminate multiple scripts, terminal commands, time, and effort.

Cons

Some of the pesky notifications I wish was more customizable. However, for most users, I predict will leave all notifications on or turn off completely.

John
John
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Best solution for keeping my MAC in good shape.

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Pros

Usefull features for me are ability to free up memory, clean up after apps after uninstall. smart scan to tune up your computer and real time malware protection.

If you have a problem cusotmer support are really proactive insolving issues.

Cons

Can't really think of any downsides and if I've had issues cusotmer support has helped me out very quickly,

marta
  • Industry: Automotive

cleaning and optimization tool for Mac

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

quickly scan your system and identify files and applications that are taking up unnecessary space.

Pros

a comprehensive cleaning and optimization tool for Mac computers that can help boost performance, free up storage space, and keep your Mac running smoothly.

Cons

I haven't found anything majorly wrong with this software, other than occasional pop-ups informing you about its usage, but it's a great security tool overall.

Omar
  • Industry: Entertainment

The best Mac cleaner and optimizer

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

i've had positive experience with cleanMymac x.it is an effective tool for cleaning up unnecessary files on a mac system and can help to improve performance

Pros

it has ability to quickly and easily clean and optimize my mac system, and a number of features i like about it that help keep the mac running smoothly.

Cons

Most users confuse the shredder which is located down left over the assistant feature it can occasionally delete files, if you are new, go over slowly to understand proper ways of going about the scanner

Danielle
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Light and breezy

Reviewed on 2021/07/31

I use a combo of this and Gemini II to keep my Mac running in tip-top performance.
CleamMyMac is...

CleamMyMac is often used for hard disk space retrieval on the go, malware detection in real-time and speed optimisation. I utilise the RAM freeing-up tool daily and that allows me to just keep the Mac running virtually all the time between macOS updates. Well, mainly that and a few other apps like amphetamine.

Pros

It sits in an inconspicuous place and just does its thang. I hardly notice until I think "oh wait, I want to clear some memory" and go ahead and click its menubar icon and jolly well do so. From this quick access point, there are other processes that are vital and on hand like freeing up hard-disk space and seeing what other resources are being used.
It has never failed. It has so much more to it when I open the dashboard and start flicking through the options that I could spend all day fine-tuning and sometimes I have spent quite a long time getting even more space back and clearing apps that are redundant.

Cons

I have not one quibble. Its overhead seems tiny, I hardly notice it is there and yet when I need its full suite of tools they are immediately on hand.

Dunnecia
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Computer Storage Saver

Reviewed on 2022/10/10

Pros

Since getting this application my computer usage has been in optimal mode. I'm able to clear things that slow down my working process and storage immediately without putting in to much effort and that for me within itself is a win.

Cons

Although it's able to monitor my computer processor and help save me the trouble of clearing space, it doesn't get rid of every single thing making your computer slow. It's a pity cause if it did that would make it one of the best working apps ever.

Ari
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A must have for Mac owners!

Reviewed on 2022/09/20

It's been great for all these years I've used it - around 7 years maybe. Customer support is absolutely great and fast, the app is updated all the time and it has a beautiful Mac like interface and easy to use.
I don't use any Mac here in the company without it!

Pros

CleanMyMac X does an incredible job on scanning your Mac to make sure it's running at its best and rid of malware or files/apps that shouldn't be there. It also scans and cleans up junk weekly, in addition to providing a great bar top menu giving you a lot of info regarding your connection, ram memory available, CPU load and storage available. It's pretty complete.

Cons

It's hard to say because I really love it and I believe it's essential to have.
They're always updating it and I feel like I'm being taken care of. So there's nothing I don't like about it.

Mitchel

A Must Have

clean user interface
excellent product

clean user interface
excellent product

Pros

After years of trying to keep our work stations up to speed, this product solved all our issues. Installed on every employee and also personal units.

Cons

some features are unclear when or why to run

Scott

CEO

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

LOVE IT - TRUST IT! It's the first program I add when I upgrade equipment, and the last program I'd ever do without. Brilliant product!

Pros

My trust level is very high in CMMX. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about what's crept onto my drive; this program keeps it clean, healthy and protected.

Cons

It's got everything I can think of, and it keeps getting better!

Ari

Essential for every Mac

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

I've been a Clean My Mac user for years now and it's the first app your Mac will need since it keeps it running at its fullest potential.

Pros

The top menu is very, very handy, I can access a lot of information there such as my HD storage, internet speed, etc.
I like it how it sweeps all the junk off my Mac. It does a pretty good job.

Cons

I'd say the price, I'd like to pay a little less but it's worth it for what it provides.

phil
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

The great and good, and one irksome trait

Reviewed on 2021/08/03

Overall I've been pleased with how CMMX cleans up my Mac such that I can do my work in a more timely fashion. I've recommended CMMX to at least a dozen people.

Pros

I frequently use this software to clear my Mac of unnecessary memory eating junk, disable apps I seldom use, eliminate duplicate files, and generally smooth out how my Mac operates. CMMX is generally not clunky like other maintenance programs I've used, and its definitely faster than other products.

Cons

The one irksome trait that I've experienced with CMMX is that is generally very slow to open, and seems to bog my computer down to such a snail pace when opening. This might be because I am using an other MacOS, but it has always been slow to open.

Andrew
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Pros

As an individual user, I find CleanMyMac very useful, effective, and easy to use. For me the most important features are freeing up RAM, clearing out system junk, checking for malware, and uninstalling unneeded or obsolete software. CleanMyMac does all those things very well.

Cons

I can't think of anything that needs improvement.

Craig
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Super Reliable - Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Pros

The way operations are set out very simply and clearly so that even the most tech-phobic might get their head around it. I use this at home on two separate MAC devices and will always run it before I start doing any work so I can be assured that the device is running to it's best capacity always.

Cons

Only a slight issue I have is with redeploying one licence over two separate devices. Obviously ideally I understand you would like people to buy another licence to use on a second/third/fourth device and that would resolve this issue but it's really the only least thing I like about the software which is still a pretty good piece of kit anyway.

Kalai

Very happy and super satisified with how CleanMyMac X keeps all our Macs running smooth!

Reviewed on 2021/08/02

110% happy with and satisfied that it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Pros

The software is super easy to set up and use on a regular basis. The "when needed" reminders are helpful and I love the option to search for giant sized files & when last accessed so I can figure out if I need to keep them, or move them to cloud storage (we use DropBox & love that too). I use this program across five Macs; two iMac's and three laptops and it is seamless.

Cons

I absolutely cannot think of anything I don't like about this software!

Jens

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

CleanMyMac has been essential for my daily workflow without interruptions. Everything runs fast and smooth. This is the only software I use to maintain my Mac in top shape with full confidence.

Pros

I love how easy it is and quick to use.

Cons

It would be nice if it has Dark Mode feature.

Andrew
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Solid app, good for everyone

Have had a good experience, will likely reup subscription

Have had a good experience, will likely reup subscription

Pros

Ease of use and variety of services it provides.

Cons

Obviously paying for it is a negative but other than that, it's worth it.

Giuseppe
Giuseppe

The best software to keep your mac clean and fast

Reviewed on 2022/05/27

Pros

Excellent app, it offers a series of tools that allow you to clean up unnecessary files, uninstall apps and scan for malware.

Cons

Maybe the price could be a bit lower, but otherwise it's great.

Dave
  • Industry: Insurance

Useful tool

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Been using for years on all my Mac computers. Would not use anything else.

Been using for years on all my Mac computers. Would not use anything else.

Pros

Keeps my system running at peak efficiency while protecting it from malicious software.

Cons

Nothing.

Nothing. Just keeps getting better.

Don
  • Industry: Music

Best in class and has been for many years

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Superb customer support amd when features are added they are always relevant - I love the menu bar feature for checkin my internet speed - saves me the hassle of having to use a separate app or online address

Pros

Consistent ongoing improbement to the product and it is always compatible with the latest Mac OS, which I keep up to date

Cons

I really cannot think of any - but a defrag feature might be nice for traditional HDs