Deltek Costpoint Reviews

Deltek Costpoint

AI-enabled enterprise resource planning (ERP) software

JADE
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

COSTPOINT IS PRETTY AWESOME

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

After using it for over a year, I am noticing that a lot of the processes are streamlined which helps with accurate accounting of POs and the information stored for vendors.

Pros

I like the fact that their interfaces are able to communicate with each other. I also like the ease of use when using the software. It is honestly cut an dry and if you have used various SAP before, you should not have an issue with this one. I transitioned from the US Army using GCSS-Army and the interfaces in costpoint were virtually the same.

Cons

I like the software, but my company does not or wants to ay for all the modules needed, so I feel as though I cannot use Costpoint to its full potential as I feel it can be used. I hope after this conference I am able to go back to my Company's President and change his mind.

Vicki

Costpoint is an extremely powerful project based accounting system

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

The flexibility it provides. With both private and public clients, we are required to provide invoices to clients in many different formats, and some project setups can be quite complicated. Costpoint allows us the flexibility we need to manage our projects effectively and also meet our client's needs. We also love the extensibility tool introduced with Costpoint 7 that has allowed us to customize the software in order to enforce many of our internal procedures and business rules.

Cons

Because of it's flexibility, it can be complicated, which leads to errors. We hear from our new users that systems they worked on previously provided more of a standard workflow that guided them through the project setup process. We realize this is very difficult to do with some many different project setup requirements, and we've tried to accomplish some of this through the extensibility tool.

Nicholas

Deltek Costpoint Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/18

It has been a decent system overall but there is a lack of customization, predictive features, poor reporting features and no updates for several years so other HRIS systems are way ahead of this particular system.

Pros

It is a pretty simple to use software for HRIS data and has a lot of fields to enter. It is great that there is a reporting system to allow for standard and custom reports. There is an immediate entry into the system once changes are made so it is great to get an immediate response.

Cons

There are several cons with the system. First, it has not been updated over several years and no upgrades have been made to keep up with the times. It feels like the system is dated back to the 1980's. There is no predictive searches for employees, there are too many windows for different types of employee data so it is hard to find certain employee data. The reporting is also hard to create custom reports as you have to understand extensive knowledge of Cognos, hard to search fields for employee data and it is clunky. There are no workflows or business rules that can be setup in order to allow for notifications for certain events regarding employee self service.

Nabeel

CostPoint Review

Reviewed on 2017/11/18

Overall, if you are in the government contracting industry, CostPoint is as reliable as a software as any out there. With its wide acceptance across the industry, it is a extremely useful software to be familiar with.

Pros

CostPoint is an extremely powerful and a widely used accounting software. One of its best features is the ability to accommodate a diverse set of accounting and financial needs and the innate ability to run seamless interfaces with other Deltek products such as T&E and Cognos. It's relatively easy to use and can be picked up by most users quickly.

Cons

Costpoint lags behind its competitor in the innovation it offers it's users and customers. They software updates are infrequent and often do not result in any major updates and upgrades. There are also many areas of functionality within Costpoint that seem to be offer duplicity and could be improved.

Sandra
  • Industry: Military

Costpoint from BRM viewpoint

Great software overall

Great software overall

Pros

Ease to learn and easy to use screen and download data

Cons

Incomplete error messages and missing edits.

SAP Concur

Reasons for Choosing Deltek Costpoint

Mitigated Entity, required due to cas COMPLINANCE

Reasons for Switching to Deltek Costpoint

PRICE
Nastazija
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Not a big fan of this program

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pros

Accessible (once you have your credentials) from any computer. Easy to track your hours worked and if they were approved or not. Also the feature of used/unused leave balance is really helpful.

Cons

If you are not assigned to a project for a while, the whole access needs to be reset by HR, which is completely unnecessary. It is a bit annoying that every time you put in your hours worked you have to save the changes otherwise if you sign out and sign back in from another device you have to start all over. If HR has not uploaded the correct project code - you can't put any hours in at all. If you need to make changes of the hours worked, it is a hassle, because it's throwing error messages all over.

RAY
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy Timecards

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Overall, I've been very pleased in my experience with the software. Entering my time is easier than software used in my last job, and corrections are easier to make. My time cards have been easy to read and understand when going back to review them!

Pros

This software allows a user to easily access their timecards and log their time. Saving favorite codes for items such as contracts worked, favorites, leave, etc. is a breeze.

Cons

I haven't encountered any issues thus far. There can be an overwhelming number of time codes depending on the company you work for.

Ernesto

Fair Weather Application

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Fair weather - not good nor bad just a system I have to use.

Fair weather - not good nor bad just a system I have to use.

Pros

They're a govt approved system which is a requirement for companies in the defense and contracting industry

Cons

The platform is not intuitive nor user friendly and it's hard to get customer support w/o being charged extra. Not an open source.

• Industry: Research

Employees won't love it

Reviewed on 2019/03/23

Pros

There isn't much to like about this software. It does let you save time codes to favorites, but that's the bare minimum and doesn't do much more to make the work of someone entering a daily time card easy.

Cons

The loading times seem slower than peer software I've used and the features to populate saved time codes aren't as good. Requesting time off is especially burdensome and requires several steps where it should really only have one.

I've used CostPoint to track recorded work time.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

It makes it easy to keep track of your recorded work time.

It makes it easy to keep track of your recorded work time.

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy to update your time keeping and sign, as well as check what your available leave balance is.

Cons

Adding new programs to your worksheet is not that intuitive, and some of the menu's can feel a bit complex and unclear as to what they accomplish.

Jane

CP is good and user friendly

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Pros

Costpoint offers government contractors unparalleled project management, accounting, labor, reporting and compliance features so you get the exact capability you need to increase efficiency and improve profitability. It was built specifically for government contractors and has been adopted by thousands of government contractors and earned the trust of federal agencies and their auditors.

Cons

System bug, system not stable. Take long time to get customer service back some time. Field names and connections to other fields are not readily apparent. Takes years to become fluent in the program.

Stacy
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

CostPoint Software User

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

I first used Deltek using CostPoint. I found it relatively easy to get around. It was pretty clean cut. The only issue I may have had was how the paid when paid worked, it never seemed to work right. The consultant helping us set up really didn't know what she was doing, and never came back to tell us her findings after she took notes and said she would look into it. Then I left that company and started using Vision. It was real easy to convert having worked in CostPoint.

Pros

It was real easy to get around the system and work in different windows.

Cons

Paid when Paid never worked correctly, never could get a reason why.

Razvan

Poor user interface

Reviewed on 2023/03/28

Pros

Don't like it, but I'm required to use it.

Cons

The cumbersome user interface. I have a PhD in machine learning, since I find hard navigating the plurality of tables and fields. The system displays "unfillable" forms, for example for a certain configuration there is no "Charge Type" possible. However, you cannot submit the form without this. It even doesn't save drafts, despite pressing save, so it lost all my records I've added.Imagine you send a janitor to buy two bottles of floor cleaning. However, the janitor bought three, one being for personal use. I wish the janitor a good time to enter the miles driven, the cost of the cleaner and the personal deduction. Each entry needs to be assigned to the correct project. What a waste of time and energy! The Janitor experiences a user interface no less complex than a helicopter dashboard.

Brant
  • Industry: Shipbuilding

Need improvement with standard reports

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Ease of movement around system. The query function is a great way to filter info.

Cons

The standard reports are very poor. I wonder if they consulted actual users and asked what they needed. Has forced us to use cognos query and writer which is not user friendly. There are standard reports such as dispatch lists that should be part of the package.

Matt
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Brief Overview

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Overall, I like Deltek. It is an easy system to use and little training to be able to know how to use (very user friendly).

Pros

I like the display for the calendar, it is easy to add a new line for additional hours billed and keep track all hours. I also think it is easy to navigate the branching time charge. Some companies have a very complicated branching system making it very difficult to locate the correct time charge to add.

Cons

I think it would be helpful if time off, holidays, sick leave was able to be displayed from the main timesheet. It would make a one stop location to have all the information in one place compared to opening up other tabs to trying to locate your balances.

Laura
  • Industry: Research

User since 1999

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

From the initial setup till now a strong asset in the Project Setup and Billing Modules. I look forward to the continued enhancement in CostPoint and improvements that allow us to meet the DOD requirements.

Pros

Allows us to meet government requirements both in CLIN, ACRN and contract limitations.

Cons

Does not maintain Zero Invoices that are required by DCMA, The retroactive rate adjustments still need improvements to work in the system.

John
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Costpoint is a very extensive accounting package, with all the modules we need

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Excellent accounting and reporting

Excellent accounting and reporting

Pros

Customizable for our needs, especially in project management. We also own Cognos reporting, Costpoint Enterprise reporting and Time & Expense, and all of those Deltek products work together very well.

Cons

Some features are a bit non-intuitive, though they're features that aren't often accessed. Proper setup requires expert help.

Dee Dee

Data Center Story

Reviewed on 2016/11/14

We host 9 divisions all on Costpoint and have helped in their migrations all have been successful and able to support all ERP processes at go-live which says a lot about the ease of use and transition to the Costpoint ERP system!

Pros

Price vs Functionality for Defense Firm. Hits the mark for defense contracting and is easy to configure and transition to in a short timeframe

Cons

DSM difficult to use.

Alba

System

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

We track all our financials, invoicing our costumes and track our incur costs submmtion

Pros

Very easy to use and easy to learn’ very robust system from the beginning of a project all the way to the end

Cons

Flexibility sometimes is not your best, if you set up a project wrong you got live with it until it end

Omar
  • Industry: Military

Omar CP review

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

It’s an easy to use software that has real-time inventory management that I find useful in everyday tasks.

Pros

The ease of running MRP once everything is set up.

Cons

User interface seems outdated. Friendlier screens can be used where you can finally use dual monitor support.

Kent

Using Deltek Costpoint

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

Pros

Ease of use for end user. Very useful for finance and cost reporting. Ability to manage inventory, receiving, orders and configuration.

Cons

Need the ability to link to other software for downstream functionality. Such as MES or ERP systems.

Pauline

Makes reporting especially easy

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

Pros

Ease of use. From data entry to reporting, it is easy to use and also to translate the numbers into easy to read reports.

Cons

Not customized completely to meet our needs so we have to have work a around in order to accomplish our day to day activities.

Melissa
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Convenient All-in-One Tool

Reviewed on 2021/05/26

Pros

I like that I can switch between daily tasks easily in Costpoint; I an enter payroll and set-up a project all in one place.

Cons

Sometimes the system freezes and causes unsaved work.

Daniel
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

It does the job, and then some

Installation, configuration, security & report writing

Installation, configuration, security & report writing

Pros

My coworkers get there work done, mostly without complaining to IT

Cons

Hotfixes and the needs to install them..... the new versions executables will be awesome

Stacie

Growth is a wonderful thing!

Reviewed on 2016/11/14

I have been using Deltek products for over 20 years and have witnessed the tremendous growth the company has undergone over the years. I have used Advantage, Impromptu, T&E, and Costpoint. I have seen Costpoint grow from a 'DOS' screen to the more user friendly application that it is today. I do appreciate the ease of use and navigation that has been incorporated into the system.

I would like to see more flexibility in the reporting but I understand that other tools fill that requirement. In terms of customer service, I think cases should be evaluated more in detail prior to assigning them to case workers. Often times, we've detailed an issue that we were having and have had customer support fall a little short of solving the problem before moving it to a more seasoned person to assist. By the time that has occurred, precious time has passed.

Overall, Deltek products are an essential part of the government contractor community, well done Deltek!

Pros

User Friendly, Multiple points of information

Cons

Would like to see improved customer service on Deltek Projects