Jess J.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

YMCA of Greater Richmond

Reviewed on 2016/08/17

ApplicantPro is the best applicant tracking system I have used (and I have used systems that are much more costly). I would particularly recommending it to any small to medium company, or any company that's cost-conscious. It is the perfect tool for our regional nonprofit (18 locations and about 3,000) employees.

Pros

The pricing is great and the service is amazing! Our rep Steve, as well as the support team, are phenomenal - responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. The conversion from iApplicant to ApplicantPro was virtually seamless, and whenever we have questions, they are so quick to respond with assistance. The service and support are probably better than any vendor I've ever worked with.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Response from ApplicantPro

Jess, thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that things are going so well for you. We love our non-profit clients and I'm glad you have found the pricing to work within your budget as well. I'll pass your amazing feedback onto Steve and our support team. Thank you again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you or your team going forward. --Heidi

Marianne B.
  • Industry: Maritime

ApplicantPRO - A Friendly and Affordable ATS

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Overall, our experience with ApplicantPRO has definitely been worth the money. They have saved our 1-person HR office a lot of time already and I look forward to learning more about their reporting system and supplemental services. Their CEO's supplemental videos provide bonus learning material and gives you a sense that you're an extended part of their family. We spent a lot of time researching systems before committing and they came out on top because of cost/benefit. They have proven themselves and we are not sorry for the decision made!

Pros

This is our first applicant tracking system so I can't compare it to others but it has helped us in many ways. What I like most is the ease with which to communicate between HR and hiring managers and applicants. It's great to have the option to text (or email) applicants which is something not found in every ATS. Also love the ease of pulling out quick reports , such as for EEOC. The time it has saved our HR dept. has been well worth the cost.

Cons

Integration, like any new software, takes awhile and managers continue to be trained but over the course of a year, we have come a long way thanks to the fact that A-Pro trained us before implementing the system, has helpful on-screen tutorials, and they are easy to connect to when it comes to specific questions.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Marianne! Thank you so much for your kind review of our software. We love to hear when we can save our HR Managers time especially a team of one! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the ease of communication between you and your hiring managers and applicants, continued training (Ryan's tutorial), and our reports.
We are always looking for ways to improve our system so don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or suggestions you may have.
We look forward to continuing our professional relationship!

Kindest Regards,
Mindi, Manager of Support

Rhonda V.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Fully customizable software with great functionality

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

We have moved our recruiting process into the 21st century with ApplicantPro. We no longer need to resort to paper methods, and have also been able to interact with out-of-state candidates better since we have now been able to automate the offer letters and background checks.

Pros

The ability to customize this software to our company's unique needs; the built in help topics that walk you through new set ups. Additionally, customer service is top-notch, providing multiple venues to receiving assistance. Finally, the ability to automate many different tasks we've done manually has helped us save time, and focus our attention on the recruiting tasks that have the greatest impact.

Cons

Reporting isn't as robust as I would prefer, but it is not a drawback to the overall functionality of the system.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Rhonda, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. We love to hear that your team has been able to automate tasks and save time by using it. We are also happy to hear that the Support your team has received is top-notch!
We would love to hear your thoughts about the reports that we can pass along to our product team for future consideration. You can reach us at [email protected], 888.633.9269 or by chatting in. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Steve F.

They hit a home run

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Pros

Applicant Pro is very intuitive for anyone to use. You can send a variety of emails/texts to applicants and can easily change the standard communication at any time. The system notifies me when anyone applies or completes additional information that we requested. Their support staff is fast to respond to any question. They are amazing and very helpful. I have heard the CEO speak at an HR conference. He had advise for writing more effective job postings and was willing to speak individually with anyone who wanted additional help.

Cons

Once I click the "message button" I wish I could see the applicant's preferred method of receiving communication from us. This is a very minor issue, since I have to look at and remember their preference before hitting the message button.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi Steve! Thank you so much for reviewing our product. We are happy to hear that we hit it out of the ballpark for you. If you are at all interested in the job ads our Support Team would be happy to speak with you as well. We do have a code you can use to receive $30 off of your ad.
Thank you for your feedback on the applicant's preferred method of communication showing in the inbox. I am happy to pass this along to our Product Team as an improvement.
If there's anything we can do for your team, please let us know. As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro!

-Mindi

Gretchen M.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great choice for those who want great customer service on a budget

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

It's often true that you get what you pay for, but in the case of Applicant Pro, you get a great deal for a great price. Their customer service is second to none. I recently wanted to change the structure of our job requisition, which required help from their service team. They did the changes within 24 hours and also gave some great advice. Another big win for Applicant Pro!

Pros

It fits our needs. It's very user-friendly. We make anywhere between 75 and 100 hires per year and it suits both my needs on the recruiting side and also the needs of the hiring managers who use it.

Cons

I sometimes wish there was more that I could do as an administrator - the ability to modify the requisition myself would've been nice, but Applicant Pro's customer team did it so quickly that it's not an issue. I also really wish there was a way to mask applicant names to the hiring managers. We live in a small place and while we do our best to ensure non-discriminatory hiring, it's really difficult when everyone knows someone who knows someone.

John T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Added Value

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

ApplicantPro has reduced cost and hours of administrative load, as well as increased applicant flow.

Pros

System was easy to set up, great front and back end support. ApplicanPro has added alot of value to our Company, and reduced cost and administrative time.

Cons

More automation in moving status for users. For example, not having a list to pick from, but an if this, then this is next set up.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our system, John! We are always happy to hear when we are able to save our clients money and add value to your company at the same time!
We would love to speak with you regarding our status checklist and see if that is what you are looking for. You can reach out by chat, email [email protected] or calling 888.633.9269. We will get you taken care of. And as always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Brandon F.

APPLICANT PRO

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

No more paper copies during the hiring process has saved tremendous amounts of both time and effort.

Pros

Our applicant pool is always full of many qualified & experienced applicants; we pull applicants from many different websites and get a good variety.
The support team and representatives who have helped us out with navigating the website & making the application process more simple have been phenomenal.
There are many things that can be added into Applicant Pro that go hand-in-hand with the onboarding process and they integrate perfect with this program.
The overall layout of the website and the application page & jobs pages are very easy to use & figure out.

Cons

Stuff that we have not been able to figure out has always been answered in a very timely fashion and we have never had to wait and figure issues out on our own. There is nothing that we dislike at this moment in time.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Brandon! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. We really appreciate your feedback and love that you have had such great experiences working with our Support Reps! It's good to hear that our software has helped with your applicant flow.

Irfanela S.

Excellent sofware

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

ApplicantPro has excellent features that I can use in my daily recruiting. Even if something is not part of the process and you have a need for, they will look into it and create for you if possible. For example, I needed to create some sort of candidate experience survey that was not available as a feature. I contacted ApplicantPro and they helped me with creating questionnaire and implementing it in the process.

Pros

User friendly features, constant updates and innovations. ApplicantPro cares about their customers and their support is amazing. I can chat and ask anything that comes up in my process and they are available to help in matter of few minutes.

Cons

As of now, I do not have anything that is least favorite.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for your review of our software, Irfanela! We love to hear that our software is a crucial part of your everyday hiring process. We're happy to hear that we were able to create a survey that would help your team know how they felt about their experience.

Great value and robust ATS

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

Applicant Pro has been a great applicant tracking system (ATS) for us. It is user friendly and simple for hiring managers to go in and quickly review resumes, and it provides plenty of robust tools for our recruiting team to find the right talent. Tools such as texting candidates and built-in solutions for facilitating background tests has made thing easier for both our recruiting team and the candidates themselves.

Cons

It doesn't offer seamless onboarding integration with our HRIS (Paycom), but that hasn't proved to be a big obstacle.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for your feedback! We have recently released an extension to assist you with migrating information from ApplicantPro to your HRIS! Please contact a member of our support team. They would be happy to demonstrate this feature and get you started. Happy Hiring!

Leon W.

Time Saving and Organized

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

ApplicantPRO has been a big help in streamlining our hiring process. They have taken the time to followup with with us to make sure we are aware of new tools they have come out with that can help improve our process.

Pros

ApplicantPRO has streamlined our application process from all paper applications to electronic applications. Our applications are much more organized and easily accessible.

Cons

The one thing I like the least about ApplicantPRO is that it does not currently sync with our payroll provider

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for taking the time to review our software, Leon! We appreciate your feedback and love that we have been able to help streamline your process and make it more efficient. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Brandi G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

I love ApplicantPro

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

We have had a great experience. I am very happy we switched to ApplicantPro.

Pros

It is easy to use. The managers at our company love it too. Making notes to remember candidates is so easy.

Cons

I wish that I had implemented this for our company earlier than we did. We are really happy with it.
I do with that it would integrate with Ultimate Software.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Brandi, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I love that it is easy for all users. We are happy that your experience has been positive and look forward to building a stronger relationship. We have something that may help you with using both ApplicantPro and Ultimate Software together.
Please feel free to give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at [email protected] and we can get you taken care of.

Maxine F.

Adaptable and Functional

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

We have been using ApplicantPRO for over 4 years and it has gotten better each year. Tons of features that are logical and easy to incorporate into your recruitment process

Pros

tons of updates to make the site more functional and user friendly for both the company and candidates

Cons

there are some limitations with some reports

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Maxine! Thank you for being such a loyal Client and taking the time to review our product. We are continuously looking for ways to improve and appreciate the feedback we receive from our clients.
We would be happy to talk with you regarding the reports and look to see if we can build what you are looking for in the Report builder.

Kate P.
  • Industry: Food Production

Great System

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

The support is wonderful, there are rarely glitches, it is overall a great system and the cost is soooo affordable!

Pros

This software is great, but the feature that I love the most is the integrated texting to candidates. In this day and age, if you don't have this feature, then you are missing out on the younger generation.

Cons

Its great! I don't have any complaints!!

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Kate! Thank you for taking the time to review our Product. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our texting feature. We agree that it is an essential feature of this new generation.
Thank you again for your kind words and for using ApplicantPro!

Mindi, Manager of Support

Natalie P.

Excellent Experience withApplicant Pro

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

As an HR department of one, ApplicantPro makes my job sooo much easier! ApplicantPro does so many things - from helping me create job postings and posting them to various job boards in one click to filtering and screening applicants and running reports. I went from posting our vacancies on each individual job board to posting a job in less than 5 minutes. I get notified via email when qualified candidates apply (but you can turn this feature off and just check the system periodically if you like) instead of dozens of individual applicants flooding my inbox. Then the report feature---no more excel spreadsheets--I simply select the type of report I need in ApplicantPro. ApplicantPro has been a game changer for me.

varying functions

Cons

n/a

• Industry: Medical Devices

Great recruiting tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Pros

I like that is easy to navigate and intuitive. When I need to do something and don't know the answer I can always find what I am looking for. They have great customer service - fast and responsive. There are always new products or features coming out. It looks kind of personable when the CEO sends emails to the users with a new feature.

Cons

I like least about this software - posting to a different job boards. Sometimes we've noticed that a job hasn't been posted to a certain job board. We have to monitor and check if they are posted and if not why. Is there a code needed to be entered for the company or this specific job board now has a fee etc.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, There! Thank you for reviewing our software. We are happy to hear it is easy to navigate and if you run into a problem our support team has been able to find it for you.
We would love to speak with you regarding your jobs not being posted to a specific board. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at [email protected] and we can get you taken care of.
As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro!

Kim B.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Absolute best bang for your buck!

Reviewed on 2019/07/05

This application allows us to easily filter applicants, is so affordable, keeps track of all notes and reviews of applications, has allowed us to streamline our offer letter process, and overall does everything we need it to do and more.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and the most affordable you will find.

Cons

I honestly can't think of my least favorite feature of this software.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Kim! Thank you so much for your positive review of our system. It is great to hear that our system is easy to navigate and allow you to hire more efficiently.

Thanks for choosing ApplicantPro!

- Mindi, Manager of Support

Anaise C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Perfect to keep track with applicants, comments/remarks

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

- Applicants and Interviewers are able to send messages/emails regarding about the application status.
- Be able to rate applicants based on their experience.
- Able to print applicants Resume without having the applicant arrived with Resume.
- Able to leave notes

Cons

- Too many comments/remarks for applicant status
- Comments/remarks bar status is too sensitive
- Application process questions are too easy

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for your feedback, Anaise! I am glad that you find being able to contact applicants and schedule interview helpful. The rating feature is a great way to sort out applicants based on their experience. I would be happy to help you and your Administrator update your application process to ensure you are collecting the information needed to review applicants. This is completely customizable so I know that we will be able to add questions that are right for your company.

Thanks again!

Jandi Dean, Lead Hiring Consultant

Karen P.
  • Industry: Banking

Very easy to use software, has most of the features I need & want, and Customer Support is...

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

It helps me to easily post job ads and manage applicants.

Pros

It's easy to use. Intuitive. Has most of the features I need & want. Customer Support is superlative.

Cons

I love everything about ApplicantPro except for two things:
1. They need to update their "Help" documents (which are plentiful, thorough, and useful) to match the current version of the software. Frequently, the Help doc mentions old titles and fields that can sometimes be a little confusing. Presumably, they are working on getting these updated to the recently upgraded software.
2. It's not very easy, if you have different versions of a job posting that have the same exact job title, to get an applicant who applied for one version of it into the other version of the job (sometimes there's a reason you need to close the first version of a job and open a second version of it). Applicant Pro explained to me why this is (a compliance reason), but it's still difficult, and I've had to do it a couple of times. Customer Support gave me a workaround solution, though it's still not ideal.

Tonia S.

Perfect for Recruiting

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

I have used several systems in the past, but prefer Applicant Pro because it is very easy to use, the support team is quick and effective, plus friendly. They will help you muddle through some tricky situations as needed and have a wonderfully wide range of job board sources available to extend your search. It has most of the features that I want/need and you cannot beat the price. Great bang for the buck and very responsive to your needs!

Pros

Easy to use, provides excellent tracking info, can create reports, extensive connections to other job boards.

Cons

Some complications arise when trying to route with or through other Talent Networks....not necessarily Applicant Pro's fault....it's a complicated process with many outside hands involved.

Philip B.

Thanks!

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

It's been great. The rep is awesome and always super helpful.

Pros

How many area's it covers which makes my job much easier.

Cons

Lack of creativity on the career site portion.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Philip. We're happy to hear that our system is making your job easier every day!

We appreciate your feedback regarding the career site area. We'll pass that along!

If there's anything else we can help you with, please give us a shout. As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro!

-Ariana, Director of Client Services

Joselyn V.

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Pros

Great software, Applicant pro gets a lot of candidate flow.

Cons

Functions feel like old school, not up to date

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Joselyn! Thank you for taking the time to review our Hiring Methodology. We are happy to hear that we are able to help you get a good applicant flow! We would love to hear your feedback on where you feel our system is not up to date.

Cristina S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy and Supportive software

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Pros

The free advertisement a company can get. since we switch with applicant pro our budget in advertisement has decrease.

Cons

I wish we could sort out departments by state.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Cristina! Thank you for taking the time to review our software! It's super exciting when we hear that we are able to help our client's advertisement budgets decrease!
We would love to speak with you about different ways that you are able to sort your departments. You can reach us at [email protected], 888.633.9269 or by chatting in. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Josh H.

AppPro - A solid ATS

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Overall, AppPro makes our HR processes smoother, cleaner and faster. The tool doesn't require extensive training as some of its competitors do and it just works.

Pros

AppPro is easy to use and intuitive. The learning curve is incredibly small compared to options such as Taleo or Kenexa. Rating and moving through steps is flawless and makes for an easy candidate process.

Cons

Add-ons can be costly - i.e., adding the ability to track EEO requirements.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks, Josh for your review of our product.! We love to hear how we compare to other ATS systems.
We would be happy to talk with you about the other Premium features that come along with EEO reports that might be beneficial.

- Mindi, Manager of Support

Mickey M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Review of Applicant Pro

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Assisted with getting our branding the same for all of our locations, made us look more professional in our presentation for our job ads and made this part of my job easier.

Pros

Reports, ease of documentation, presentation of resumes that are sent to the managers for review, customer service and training.

Cons

There is so much that it can do. As a one person recruiting department, do not get to spend as much time as I need to get to know it better.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for your review, Mickey. It's great to know that we've been able to help make your job easier!

We'd love to talk with you about how we can help you get the most out of our system & see if we can save you some time, too! Give us a call at 888.633.9269 and we can get you started.

As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro!

- Ariana, Director of Client Services

Megan F.
  • Industry: Insurance

Applicant Pro has a lot of great potential!

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I have enjoyed applicant pro and the benefits from it. It is very well priced for great quality too.

Pros

I love how it is easy to use and the many options that come from it. I love all the places it posts jobs. We always have a high volume of candidates.

Cons

I don't like how when closing a job you have to edit the end date instead of just choosing to close the job. I also think that the site looks a little outdated.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks for your review, Megan. We're happy to hear that your applicant flow is strong & satisfactory! Sourcing is one of our many strengths, and it's designed for companies just like yours.

Also, thank you for your feedback on the ability to close jobs. I'd be happy to pass that along!

As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro.

- Ariana, Director of Client Services