ApplicantPro Reviews

ApplicantPro

Hiring Made Easy.

4.7/5 (247 reviews)
Terri B.

Makes our life so much easier!

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

I have used Applicant Pro for a few years now, and just recently it was one of the first things I added when I started my new job last year. I love the way everything is in one place. I can easily put our open position on-line, and it feeds out to the list of free job boards. I can also choose to send out to fee-based job boards with one click. All my managers can see the applicants, and all applicants are saved into the database. And the reporting (which I used for the first time last year) for Affirmative Action cuts down on hours of my time. I am a one -person department within a small bank. I do it all - and this makes my recruiting function so much simpler, faster and streamlined. With one click, I can also send the job to our state DOL, as well as our Veterans and People with Disabilities reps. Anyone who has the authority to see an applicant can make notes directly on that applicant, and rate the applicant for future. We have one position that turns over frequently (Teller) just because we have so many - and we can go right back to our notes on-line for those candidates who impressed us who we did not hire. In short, it's one of the best tools I've used in my HR career.

Pros

Ease of use, affordable, ability to save candidates information. Ability for other managers to use the data base directly, one click to send job out to multiple areas.

Cons

I find some recent changes very confusing - I think it was easier to use previously and I find myself getting a little lost.

Bradley C.

From Paper to Pro (Applicant Pro, that is)

Reviewed on 2019/06/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

When I started in my current role in my current company, there was nothing by way of an automated, modern way to apply for a job. Interested applicants would print a PDF, write on it, then figure out how to return it. Applicant Pro has brought my recruiting into the digital age.

The customer service is very responsive, and helpful within their constraints of how the program works.

Pros

* Quickly make an assessment of applicants, and either forward to hiring manager, or archive

* "Canned" responses that are sent based on either, how an applicant answers screening questions, or the label I attach to the application.

* The integration with the sister screening company, Pro Screening, makes ordering and managing background checks a breeze.

Cons

* Relatively steep learning curve on how to post a new job - too many pages and panels and screens and buttons and levers ... the whole posting process needs to be streamlined.

* The process of setting up other users/managers in the system is not straightforward - too many places to go and too many things to do. It should be much simpler to get a manager access to the applications.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Bradley, Thank you for taking the time to review our system. We are happy that we could bring your recruiting into the digital age!
I happy to pass along your feedback to our Product Department for future consideration.
If there is anything else we can do for you, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks for choosing ApplicantPro as your ATS provider!
Mindi, Manager of Support

Karen S.

I love the features that Applicant Pro has to offer. You really get your bang for the buck

Reviewed on 2018/03/11

Pros

Easy to understand, functionality, many features to pick from. I have checked many systems, none could offer what Applicant Pro does for the money. Easy to use, houses endless applications, employees can use their mobile devices to apply, parses resumes into the applications, you can design your own reports or use the standard ones they have ready with a few clicks. Opportunities are limitless. They are always adding new features at no cost. Lastly, their customer service is second to none! Immediate responses to your questions, are always willing to help in any way possible, very friendly, professional staff who know what they are doing. Absolute best anywhere.

Cons

Wish you could design something that if people out of the area or out of the country apply for the position we are recruiting for could be flagged as ineligible. Example, recruiting for a position that is onsite in the Minneapolis/St Paul areas, and we get applications from New York or Europe and Asia - these could be sent an automatic reply that they are ineligible for the position without having to manually do so.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for your feedback, Karen! I would be happy to work with you to utilize our disqualification and automatic email features to help you sort out ineligible applicants and save you time! We love working with you and appreciate your business!

-Jandi Dean, Lead Hiring Consultant

Trinidad M.

ApplicantPRO Rocks!

Reviewed on 2019/06/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

HR has seen an increase in productivity and efficiency because this software is more than just an applicant tracking system. It allows us to store our employment letters/documents, assessment/interview results, and background results/documents all in one place! It's a one-stop shop for recruitment & onboarding! I've done the research, and no other company offers so much for such an incredible cost!!

Pros

ApplicantPRO is so user-friendly and keeps applicant information in an organized manner on one screen. Having immediate access to customer service is a big plus! The e-Forms and Inbox Template features have been an enormous help in streamlining our recruitment process. We also love that we can text applicants!

Cons

I am unable to attach a file to the Messages email in the application. I have to send a separate email, attach the document, then copy/paste the verbiage into the Notes section of the application. Also, we are in different time zones. It would be helpful to have someone in their customer service department remain available to help until 5:00pm, PST.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for your review, Trinidad. We're always happy to hear that you're loving all the amazing features that our company provides and that your team is more efficient and productive - that's definitely something to celebrate!

Also, we appreciate your feedback on where we can improve. I'll be sure to pass this info along!

Gabriel M.

Easy Applicant Tracking

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

ApplicantPro is extremely easy to use. Creating a job posting takes no time. The software gives you the ability to create templates that you can use over and over again. It also gives you the ability to create screening questions which you can setup so that if the applicant provides a certain answer they will be labeled as "disqualified" and put them on a different group. The software also allows you to create different type of users which depending on the level you assign them, they will have the ability to just view applicants all the way to create job postings. You also have the ability to text or email applicants during the application process and the system also has templates for you to use such as invitation for interviews or communication about not being selected. The software also gives you the ability to buy the option to use a variety of tests that can be given to your applicants to further help in the process of finding the ideal candidate. Overall, the software has a lot of perks that help the application process.

Cons

The only item that I struggle with is the ability to include numerous disclaimers that need to be approved/agreed by the applicant such as background, credit checks, etc.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Gabriel! Thank you for taking the time to review our product! We value your feedback. We are happy to hear that we are able to make your hiring easier. We are always looking for more ways to streamline your process. We would love to discuss your concerns. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at [email protected] and we can get you taken care of.

Kind Regards, Mindi Barrett - Lead Hiring Consultant

Elizabeth V.

Why ApplicantPRO is meant for YOU!

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

After converting to ApplicantPRO and utilizing their Assessment testing, there was a significant difference in the applicants we were hiring. They were more professional, honest, had good work ethic, and reliable. The assessment helped weed out those who did not fit our Mission and Values. Our agency went from a turnover rate of between 65%-70% to 17%-32%, within 1 year of implementing ApplicantPRO, saving us over $100,000 a year per cost of hiring. After 2 years using ApplicantPRO almost all of our employees received numerous positive feedbacks from our clients, have been with us for longer than 9 months and continued to be exceptional employees. ApplicantPRO made a huge difference in our agency and I highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling to find the right employees.

Pros

The Assessment Testing is one of the best features, it helps find individuals whose beliefs and core values are similar to ours. In the healthcare industry we want compassionate employees and this assessment tool helps us find those caring individuals who are here for the right reasons.

Cons

Would like for it to pull in more employees when applicants stop applying. Every now and then we would hit a dry spell, wish you had Recruitment Consultants to better aid in reaching out to potential candidates.

Eric S.

Everything we need and more

Reviewed on 2019/07/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am the HR Manager for a SMB with a little over 50 employees. We are a call center environment, so I am pretty much constantly hiring. I have been using ApplicantPRO for almost a year and I have been very pleased with it. When I factored in the money we were spending to post on Indeed as well as other job boards, the annual fee pretty much paid for itself. It also saves me a ton of time having to check multiple sites for applications, as they are all right here in 1 place. When you factor in the time it saves, ApplicantPRO is actually cheaper than our old manual methods of recruiting. I would highly recommend ApplicantPRO to any small business looking to incorporate and ATS into their recruiting and hiring process.

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to use
Easily customized to fit my business
Awesome customer support
Assessment integration
Indeed cost included, plus dozens of other online job boards

Cons

Times out too quickly, have to log back in several times a day
Sometimes Assessments are not automatically delivered and I have to resend them
Reports are cumbersome and hard to configure to my needs

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks so much for your review, Eric. It's great to know that ApplicantPro has been so great for your company! That's exactly what we want for your team.

We'd be happy to talk with you about your feedback & see what we can do for you. We'll be sure to reach out!

Ariana Groves
Director of Client Services

Julie B.

Every Bell & Whistle Imaginable --the RECRUITER's ATS

Reviewed on 2019/07/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am able to get recruitment reports for our executive team as easily as I can post a job. This is a system made BY end users FOR end users. Could not be happier and have no plans of making any change any time soon.

Pros

I have used many different ATS software programs and what makes this program stand out is that it is so simple to use - so powerful - and the customer service is unparalleled. In fact, ApplicantPro should give "lessons" to some of the big dogs out there....

Cons

It is not fully integrated with our payroll system, so we have to manually enter the new hire. HOWEVER, we talked to customer service and probably the time this is posted, they will have this option available. Customer service is so responsive!

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for your review, Julie. We're so happy to hear that you're loving the system and that your process is going so smoothly! That's music to our ears.

We definitely have payroll integration options for you & we'd love to talk through that with you and get you taken care of. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 and we can get you started!

As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro! We appreciate your business.

-Ariana, Director of Client Services

Ira B.

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

It's a great tool, not only to track of new candidate but to sort and update working candidates. It's a turn-key system that is user friendly enough to start using with very little training. Help is just a click away and response time is almost immediate. AppPro has made it easy to keep track of a multitude of applicants with the availability of Note-Taking which you can easily review just by hovering over "notes" without having to open the file. Another great feature is "letter templates". This feature helps to cut-down the response time. Lastly, the ability to simply archive a candidates file with a dropdown or button allows me to keep by candidate list clean.
No negatives. Most of the concerns have been addressed as AppPro is always improving their system to make the program more user friendly.  In the short time I've been using AppPro, I've been amazed at the amount of positive changes made. I expect that will continue as they seem to work diligently on new ideas and improvements.

Pros

Cons

No negatives. Most of the concerns have been addressed as AppPro is always improving their system to make the program more user friendly. In the short time I've been using AppPro, I've been amazed at the amount of positive changes made. I expect that will continue as they seem to work diligently on new ideas and improvements.

Gretchen M.

Great choice for those who want great customer service on a budget

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

It's often true that you get what you pay for, but in the case of Applicant Pro, you get a great deal for a great price. Their customer service is second to none. I recently wanted to change the structure of our job requisition, which required help from their service team. They did the changes within 24 hours and also gave some great advice. Another big win for Applicant Pro!

Pros

It fits our needs. It's very user-friendly. We make anywhere between 75 and 100 hires per year and it suits both my needs on the recruiting side and also the needs of the hiring managers who use it.

Cons

I sometimes wish there was more that I could do as an administrator - the ability to modify the requisition myself would've been nice, but Applicant Pro's customer team did it so quickly that it's not an issue. I also really wish there was a way to mask applicant names to the hiring managers. We live in a small place and while we do our best to ensure non-discriminatory hiring, it's really difficult when everyone knows someone who knows someone.

Jess J.

YMCA of Greater Richmond

Reviewed on 2016/08/17

ApplicantPro is the best applicant tracking system I have used (and I have used systems that are much more costly). I would particularly recommending it to any small to medium company, or any company that's cost-conscious. It is the perfect tool for our regional nonprofit (18 locations and about 3,000) employees.

Pros

The pricing is great and the service is amazing! Our rep Steve, as well as the support team, are phenomenal - responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. The conversion from iApplicant to ApplicantPro was virtually seamless, and whenever we have questions, they are so quick to respond with assistance. The service and support are probably better than any vendor I've ever worked with.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Response from ApplicantPro

Jess, thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that things are going so well for you. We love our non-profit clients and I'm glad you have found the pricing to work within your budget as well. I'll pass your amazing feedback onto Steve and our support team. Thank you again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you or your team going forward. --Heidi

Jill U.

We've had great success with the Applicant Pro program. It has streamlineour pre-screening process.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Not sure of all of the benefits we may have but we do have the text and email options.

Pros

Now we can text and mass email applicants. Love this! It saves us so much time. When we have a job fair it's so easy to send out a message to all. Or, for our future job openings, it allows me to email those applicants and let them know we now have an opening.

Cons

I would like the option to type in a first or last name and see the names related to it in case I didn't spell it correctly. It would also be nice to have a mass text option, to text a large group of applicants, rather than only a mass email option. The younger generation seems to prefer text to email.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for your feedback, Jill! I am glad to hear that the texting and email features help you to save time when contacting your applicants. I would love to hear more about what type of information you would like to text your candidates en masse. I will reach out to you directly so that we can review your needs.

Thanks again!

Jandi Dean, Lead Hiring Consultant

Megan A.

Great Applicant Tracking System.

Reviewed on 2019/07/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Our experience with Applicant pro has been very positive. Their customer service and training has been fantastic. They respond to inquiries in a timely manner.

Pros

Applicant Pro is very easy to navigate for HR and Managers that utilize the system. It is easy to customize communication you send to a candidates, application status and notes. The dashboard and reporting functions make it easy to pull reports and data for management and board reports. The customer service is fantastic.

Cons

The only con is that you can't delete old jobs or job templates, but only archive them. I don't believe you are able attach documents to e-mails sent out, which can require you to send a separate e-mail.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for your review, Megan! We're happy to hear that you're loving our reporting and in-system communication.

Also, thank you for your feedback on the ability to send attachments. We'll pass that along.

Bargain Product

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Great affordable ATS for smaller companies.

Pros

This is a great product for a small budget.
-Post to job boards in one click
-Customize what access you want your hiring managers to have
-Easy to use for all user levels
-Update status, send bulk emails very easily
-Everything is customizable
-Customer Service is excellent from implementation on
-Simple system without all the bells and whistles a small business doesn't need

Cons

None for me. For a larger company with a lot of openings it may not be enough. For anyone that hires only a few positions at a time it is great.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for taking the time to review ApplicantPro! I'm glad to hear that the ability to post to multiple job boards with just one click is making your hiring process easier. Allowing different access levels for your team is great! We understand that not all users need access to everything we have to offer. Our system has many customizable options that allow us to meet the hiring needs of companies of all sizes. I would love to speak with you about additional options we have available as your company grows!

Thanks again!

Jandi Dean, Lead Hiring Consultant

Heather K.

The Best Friend for Small Business

Reviewed on 2019/06/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I never really know that an ATS could be so easy to use. All of my past systems seemed cumbersome and did not support my busy time frame. But this solves all my problems and the extra integrations are amazing. ApplicantPro seems to answer my needs before I think I need them.

Pros

For a small business, this is a game changer. You have a partner in ApplicantPro and just likes its name you feel like a PRO using it.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is that they are located in another time zone and if I need help I need to wait until they open.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Heather! Thank you for taking the time to review our hiring process. We love hearing our client's successes when implementing our methodology!
We appreciate all feedback as we take each comment seriously and would love to find a way to accommodate our clients in different time zones.
Please feel free to give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at [email protected] and we can get you taken care of.

Kind Regards, Mindi Barrett - Support Manager

Cheryl M.

Review of Applicant Pro

Reviewed on 2019/06/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Prior to when I started my role here as the HR Manager, there was no system that was used except paper applications. We started using ApplicantPro soon after I started as the HR Mgr based on my recommendation.

Pros

It is very easy to use and very effective. I can manage the entire process including the criminal check. I used ApplicantPro at a previous employer and specifically chose to use them at my current employer based on that experience

Cons

I would like to see more testing that can be done on applicants. There are some options on the system, not very familiar with them though

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks so much for your review, Cheryl. It's great to hear that you've been using ApplicantPro for all your hiring needs!

We'd love to talk with you about the additional screening options we have available for you. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 and we can schedule a time!

Princess M.

Impressed with customer support

Reviewed on 2019/06/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the tutorials and the search function at the bottom of the screen. I have had a very positive experience with ApplicantPRO's customer support. I receive prompt follow up in both chat dialogues and emails. Customer support always follows up to be sure there responses answered all of my questions. This has made the service very easy to use.

Cons

There are great integrations available currently. But we'd always be open to seeing more integrations.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks for your review, Princess. It's so great to know that our Support Team is helping customers like you use our system with ease. I'll be sure to let them know!

We'd love to know more about the integrations you'd like to see! If you could send that info to [email protected], we'll be sure to get it over to our Integrations Team for review.

As always, thanks for choosing ApplicantPro!

- Ariana, Director of Client Services

Jeremy T.

Overall Good Program

Reviewed on 2019/06/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ease of use to find applicants for current openings is easy. When reviewing the applicants you can easily move to the specific areas that you want to view. After reviewing, you can add the notes and mark the applicant for further review or not as well as update where they are in the application process.

Cons

Looking for past job postings is not always the easiest. It would be nicer if it was a little more clear in the time range of where you are looking.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Jeremy! Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that you are able to review your applicants with ease and know where they are at in the hiring process.
Our Support Team would be happy to do over best practices of using the system to find what you are looking for.

-Mindi, Manager of Support

Rena A.

Great Tool for smaller government contractors

Reviewed on 2016/11/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We chose Applicant Pro out of about 5-6 vendors. We looked for OFCCP compliance, ease of use by ourselves and our applicants, scalable, reasonable cost, and robust reporting.

We have been really happy with this product! It helped us get control of our hiring process and accurately track and document our candidates. The system is OFCCP compliant which was a major concern for us. The posting process is quite good and allows you to track where you are advertising your position - and it allows for the social media posting as well. Though the system allows for the proper tracking and documentation, we can adjust how we use the system for maximum ease for our managers. The reporting is extremely robust including standard reports for EEO and reporting for the new veteran/disability requirements for government contractors. The candidate interface is very simple to use, which was another area of concern for us. The customer service is excellent - they have a chat process and they have been so responsive when I have questions - so you don't get left hanging. For a smaller government contractor this is an excellent solution - can't say enough good things about it.

Pros

Cost effective, easy to use, great reporting capability, great customer service, great posting capability.

Cons

The initial training was a little sparse but the system is very intuitive to use and very easy. I wish they had a manual instead of the topic documents in the help area. Alot of times the topic I enter into the search area on the help page has no results - usually because of the way I've asked the question. So I wind up using the chat function instead. The customer service with the Chat function is outstanding they never leave you hanging!

Silvia A.

Absolutely Great!

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Overall, ApplicantPro is great at what they do and are always available when troubleshooting is needed.

Pros

ApplicantPro is a great way to organize applicants and be able to mainstream the recruiting process.

Cons

Unfortunately, applicants frequently submit incomplete applications but ApplicantPro has settings to be able to request complete applications from applicants.

Response from ApplicantPRO

HI, Silvia! Thank you for taking the time to review our product. It makes me happy to hear that our product allows you to be more organized and helps by streamlining your application process.
We would be happy to chat about suggestions of getting more of your applicants to complete the application.The feedback we receive from our clients helps us know what improvements need to be made. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at [email protected] and we can get you taken care of.

Kind Regards,
Mindi Barrett - Lead Client Support Rep

Kimberly H.

Great ATS

Reviewed on 2019/06/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Applicant Pro is user friendly and very intuitive! Their customer service is also top notch! For example; when we submitted a request to start using the reference verification feature an agent assisted us with turning the feature on and answered all of our questions - THE VERY SAME DAY! We have gained so many efficiencies because of Applicant Pro!

Cons

We have a few applicants that apply with different emails. It would be nice if we were able to combine profiles.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for sending us a review, Kimberly. We're happy to hear that your company is loving the reference verifications and that our team got you set up so quickly!

Also, we appreciate the feedback on combining applicant profiles. I'll be sure to pass that along.

Great value and robust ATS

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

Applicant Pro has been a great applicant tracking system (ATS) for us. It is user friendly and simple for hiring managers to go in and quickly review resumes, and it provides plenty of robust tools for our recruiting team to find the right talent. Tools such as texting candidates and built-in solutions for facilitating background tests has made thing easier for both our recruiting team and the candidates themselves.

Cons

It doesn't offer seamless onboarding integration with our HRIS (Paycom), but that hasn't proved to be a big obstacle.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for your feedback! We have recently released an extension to assist you with migrating information from ApplicantPro to your HRIS! Please contact a member of our support team. They would be happy to demonstrate this feature and get you started. Happy Hiring!

Ryan P.

Amazing ATS and Support

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Pros

I like that the support can be customized to fit my needs. They have a team dedicated to not only post open jobs at our company but they also have a team that will write the job ads for us to increase the number of qualified applicants.

Cons

They sacrifice looks for simplicity which is okay for me I guess.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Ryan!
Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Our Support Teams are dedicated to helping our clients with their job posting needs, including rewriting job ads to increase the number of applicants that apply for their positions.
Feel free to reach out with any feedback or suggestions you may have that might improve your hiring process.

Kind Regards,
Mindi Barrett - Lead Client Support Rep

Jason H.

Great product for the price!

Reviewed on 2019/07/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This has been a game changer for us allowing us to work on generating more candidates as opposed to filtering through paper applications.

Pros

ApplicantPro has been great to use. This was our first venture into the ATS and it works great for what we are using it for. I love the enhancements they continue to make (HR Forms, Onboarding, etc) and they are always reaching out to help you maximize the product.

Cons

I do wish it was easier to search resumes that are already in the ATS, but there are decent work arounds.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks so much for your review, Jason. We're happy to hear your first ATS experience is taking your hiring to the next level!

We appreciate the feedback on our resume search capabilities. We'll pass that along.

Aqeel A.

Easy and accurate

Reviewed on 2019/08/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

As a recruiter I do love this site for the amazing services they offer and the easy access to the database and applicant filter is really good

Pros

very organized and easy to use. customer support is great and very quick to response.

Cons

the only thing i dislike is the timeout policy. the site will timeout every 45 minutes even while in use for the security purpose. i hope that will be fixed

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for reviewing our Product, Aqeel! We are happy to hear that it helps to keep you organized. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our Support Team. They love to hear when clients are satisfied with their service.
We would be happy to discuss with you where you are at and what is happening when you are being timed out. Give us a call 888.633.9269, email [email protected], or chat us and we will get you taken care of.

Mindi, Manager of Support