Showing 118 reviews of 105

Showing 118 reviews of 105
Susan W.

Just what I needed!

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

I cannot imagine wring my plan with without Liveplan! LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

Pros

This program walked me through my process and made it as easy as possible to navigate and formulate my strategies. I found other models very difficult, this made business plan wring easy!

Cons

None! I am happy with all features and will recommend the program to any entrepreneur!

Maranda O.
  • Industry: Accounting

Decent enough for SMEs

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Overall a good starting point to assist a small business entrepreneur with little or no business planning experience,should consider more options to integrate with accounting apps and visually biased analytical tools to enable better tracking of post planning perfomance on more devices as well.

Pros

I like the ease and simplicity of building the projections and adjusting them with different scenarios.

Cons

The write up section is a bit limiting in certain aspects for example there are no font selection options if one wants to change to their company document preferred font style ( Century Gothic) as well as set my paragraphs as justified as opposed to left indented.I cannot import tables and adjust them within the plan document, The graphical representations of the projections are a bit visually limited in color and info graphic presentation options .particularly if one wants a more visual document.It would also be nice to have a quick preview option for the document as u build it without necessarily having to export or down load a pdf to get and idea of how it look in print.

Pasha S.

The only business planning software that gets the job done

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

It took a few attempts to put together a business plan, but it worked out.

Pros

This is all-in-one software that helps you organize thoughts, data, expectations and organize everything in a meaningful way that helps you plan, budget and forecast.

Cons

It’s needed at the beginning, but not later.

• Industry: Environmental Services

GREAT Business Builder and Planner

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

My business is solving budgetary issues with LivePlan. It is creating a window into my business as a whole so that I can see what areas need to be improved, increased or eliminated. So far, my business is making great progress. One of the changes we made was to cut the size of our staff. Our workload is less, but we are making MORE money! Thanks LivePlan for your enlightenment!

Pros

Liveplan definitely has many features that I need in my service-based business. BUSINESS PLANNING SOFTWARE is one of the features that it provides via video instructions. IMPORTING OF QB INFORMATION for BUDGET ANALYSIS is a crucial need for any business looking to be successful.

Cons

I am not completely satisfied with the ease-of-use of Liveplan. To their credit, I haven't searched out for help or training....and I'm sure they have online support for new users. I would like support in understanding the numbers created by the many reports that can be analyzed.

Jeremy F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Shocking service.

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

It was a great experience with LivePlan. They have a clean and attractive user interface with helpful guidance. The customer service is shockingly amazing. I requested one payment refund after not using it in over a year and it was super quick and easy. Highly recommend this software.

Pros

It's clean, attractive, and easy-to-use.

Cons

It is subscription based and not cheap, however, I was shocked at how quickly and easily they refunded and cancelled my subscription after my request since I had not used it in over a year (Thanks Chris!)

Indraneel R.

The best software for making business plan

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

It has been a great experience to create business plans on the fly and also to track the actual results against your plan

Pros

- Very easy and flexible software
- Its an excellent software for making business plan without the hassles of learning excel formula
- Very easy depiction of balance sheet and P&L statement and auto generation

Cons

- There is absolutely nothing I don't like about this software

Allan D.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Absolutely the stand-out business plan writing / sales forcasting / start-up tool available.

Reviewed on 2015/12/23

I've checked out no fewer than 10 other options. This is by far the most simple, the most user friendly, and the most feature-rich option out there. It's not only the cleanest and best-working (no bugs!), but it actually gives you the tools you need to cover a wide variety of business planning needs. Given the range of functionality (for example, you can do month-by-month sales forecasting for 36 months at the basic price level - something that most other services charge you an arm and a leg to upgrade tiers to gain access to), no other software comes close to this. And the final output of the business plan is SO CLEAN. A nice variety of example plans are available, and the "guided" element of going step-by-step is really actually helpful (instead of prohibitive, as I've found some guided software just takes you too far away from what you should really be focusing your time on).

Pros

Price is very affordable
Extremely rich feature set
Very flexible
Easiest and cleanest user interface
Fantastic examples
Rich and clean output

Cons

This software really only seems to lack a timeline option - you can't custom map a gantt chart for your project timeline. I had to go to another piece of software to get this element in place. But I used LivePlan for the rest of the business plan.

Karen B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

LivePlan is an excellent business planning solution

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Pros

I love the output of LivePlan. The business plans and one-pagers look clean, modern, and professional. It's very simple to enter information about our business into LivePlan, and the software asks great questions.

Cons

If you already have a separate financial model or set of financial projections for your company, it can be difficult to enter them into LivePlan.

Miranda W.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

I especially like the dashboard

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

Excellent way to stay on top of numbers and / or line up your business for sale.

Pros

The dashboard gives you nice graphical view of your monthly, quarterly and annual financials.
Highly recommended this software especially to SME's that needs to keep on top of cash flow!

Cons

You can't upload financial figures from a file, only from Xero or Quickbooks Online.
No international benchmarking data

Sandy M.

Excellent Business Plan Writing and Easy Forecast Models

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Overall the software excellent. I wish I could get my customers to utilize it more on a consistent basis.

Pros

LivePlan takes you through the process of writing a business plan and putting together financial forecasts in an easy, step-by-step manner. Built in benchmarks are great for planning and analysis. The Pitch is excellent for summarizing the focus of any business. QuickBooks integration and Financial Dashboards are outstanding tools for tracking actual vs. budgeted income and expenses. The milestones are perfect for keeping everyone on task.

Cons

Could have better interface and step-by-step instructions for the assets and liabilities - how the items in QBO relate to LivePlan. The financial portion of the plan could be better formatted when printing.

John W.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to use, with a range of features to create a business plan.

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

- Saves Time
- While I don't believe in business plans for startups it gives a clear view for established companies.
- Gives a helicopter view of company's future plans.

Pros

- The accounting section, input a few numbers and hours of work is saved.
- The option to downgrade your account.
- Multiple heading and sections to choose from
- The option to create a pitch deck

Cons

- Some heading won't or are difficult to change.
- Formatting It's hard to track where your information is on the page, ie your last sentence might up on the first line of the next page.

Katie M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

I have been complimented several times on how neat and precise my business plan is. I have already recommended this to others in my field and will continue to in the future.

Pros

This software was easy to use and easy to understand. The introductory videos helped with all aspects of setting up a business plan. The tools, including other business plan templates, were very beneficial.

Cons

I really didn’t have any complaints. I’m not the best with electronics and technology and this was very easy to access and use.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Thanks for the great feedback Katie - we greatly appreciate it!

Crystal W.

Business Helper

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

Cheap, easy to use and provided us with a plan that made sense. I don't know how else our business would survive without it.

Pros

Perfect for budgeting and our financials.

Charlotte B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Business Plan Writing

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

See above

Pros

I could use it as an outline for writing my client's business plan.

Cons

I haven't used it enough to say what I liked least. It would be nice to have an option to just do a one time purchase without automatic renewal. I only sought out the software for ease of use to create client business plans. Keeping my account active in the long run was a waste of money because my amount of usage did not justify the monthly spending.

Iliana D.

I Loved this software to get my ideas off the ground

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Positive. Once we wrote out a business plan for a project that never got off the ground. I was grateful. Had we not developed the business plan - we would have gone into a very unprofitable venture.

Pros

I think this is a great guide to get you in the planning aspect of any business. It forces you to go through the process and make sure you have clarity in your ideas, so that it all fits together nicely and aligns well.

Cons

I had a hard time going back to the plan - and comparing how i was doing in the forecast. I think that in any project one is extremely positive at getting the right results easily, but that is not the case in reality. That is not the plans fault though.

Business forecast on a whole new level

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Its a perfect tool to forecast and plan business financial data. It has a lot of configurations for you to input different types of revenues and expenses. Set your initial balances and even configure EOY taxes. For startups this tool is extremely useful as it will help you forecast the first 1-2 years of operation with ease.

Cons

The real problem is tracking data of forecast vs real data. Luckly we use xero so we can sync our real data but for some reason, it's not easy to do. There are no reports of any sort that let you export and make specific analysis.

Dave

Terrible Support...

Reviewed on 2013/09/16

Nearly impossible to get good support.. And nearly impossible to cancel the account once you decide to do so..

Pros

Good vision.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Hi Dave,

We're very sorry that you were not satisfied with our customer support. Our team here in Oregon strives to provide direct and quick support for any of our customers needs, via phone, chat, online, and email communication. I'd like to personally offer to follow-up to help alleviate your issues.

Based on our call records, we see that someone from your company was able to get through with a question about account cancellation, and successfully cancelled the account less than an hour later. If there's anything else we can do to provide even better support, we would appreciate the opportunity to provide what you need.

In general, from the LivePlan tool to our individual customer service interactions, we make it our mission to help small businesses succeed. Again, we hate to hear of your difficulty, and hope to quickly and conveniently solve your issues.

Thanks, and we hope to hear an update soon, Dave,

--The LivePlan Tem

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great business plan software

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Pros

Fanstastic software that allows you to create a business plan step by step and offer you hints and tricks. Makes beautiful presentations!

Cons

It's a little costly for the probably one-time use; however, it is extremely useful and provides you with everything you need.

Andres F.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Too Expensive for my needs

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

It's a good product. I learned how to use it and did very well.

Pros

It was easy to use, once you understood it. It took me a while to figure out how to enter the information. I liked that I could move things around.

Cons

There were some limitations. I couldn't make a duplicate of an item. Or make changes easily.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Grow your business intentionally

Reviewed on 2020/03/01

Strong, helpful product. Delightful communications.

Pros

I really appreciated how easy it was to project the impact of the decisions we were considering. It made planning my business's growth intuitive.

Cons

The initial set up was time-consuming, but still better than doing this manually.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Thanks for leaving a review - greatly appreciated!

David C.
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

LivePlan is a businessman answer to financial planning

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

I will be returning to use this software again and again.

Pros

* Ease in Functionality
* Forecasting
* Report generating
* Ease in use

Cons

Nothing it was a great software to use.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Thanks for sharing your feedback David, we really do appreciate it.

Steve S.
  • Industry: Events Services

Great tool for a new business

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

Overall very pleased with LivePlan, it definitely helped us get our plan off on the right foot.

Pros

It simplifies the process of building a business plan.

Cons

Some of the financial portions were limited in the functionality I found I needed.

Amos T.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Excellent resource

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Excellent overall.

Pros

This product was very easy to use. It made the business plan process much easier.

Cons

I liked every aspect of the software. Very easy to download my business plans after creating the individual pages

Patrick K.

Business Plan for the first timer

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

If you have put together a business plan, you know its tedious and hard to get the different parts to show fluidity and cohesion. This tool allowed me to write things and then move the outline around to best show my overall agenda without missing all the bullets I wanted to hit.

Cons

I wanted assistance from a professional to help with the actual writing and this was additional. I wish they would offer a one time consultation with a professional at some point for every business plan to help when stumped.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Fast well organized bplan

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

No bloated spreadsheet or redundant questions. They know what is important and what is unnecessary. Wish I had not used other solutions earlier