RepairShopr

CRM software for managing repair shops and POS transactions

Chad

Excellent all inclusive program backed by perfect support

Reviewed on 2019/06/08

Outstanding. Support team rocks, software is solid and reliable. Constantly improving which i really like.

Pros

The software fulfils every need we have, invoicing, ticketing, parts management, interfacing with the customer in an organized fashion, reporting, the list goes on forever (im only scratching the surface). In the rare case we need further explanation of a feature or we require support the support team is second to none. Price is very fair for everything it does. Our company completely relies on this product.

Cons

We would like to see the open invoice reminder section be developed. When relying on it for invoicing so heavily, its key to ensure constant communication is occurring between customers with outstanding balance and company. Since it syncs perfectly with quickbooks we have used external programs to handle AR, but it creates a mess of things syncing in terms of data authority.

Garrett
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Decent software to allow tracking of goods/services with a pretty steep learning curve and...

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

If you're looking for something with basic inventory tracking, purchasing, and invoicing, RepairShopr is a great place to start. While there is a steep learning curve and the software has it's own quirks and specific ways of doing things (or not doing things), it's very inexpensive in comparison and is very robust. The free version is completely free with no strings attached!

Pros

The free version is pretty much fully functional for our needs. The automated invoices are very professional looking and automate emails when an order is completed (once clicking the proper button on the site). You can keep up with the quantity of goods and keep track with how many are bought and sold over various time periods. The ticketing system works great and it's easy to tell if customers are past due with payments as well. Repeat invoices from month-to-month can be automated which is a HUGE plus and seems to always work! Designed for the IT business, but can be used for anything!

Cons

I rated low in certain aspects because the system is very convoluted compared to other softwares in this space. It seems like it takes extra steps and multiple pages to get to "checkout." I have to keep a cheat sheet handy because there isn't a simple way to invoice a customer. It would be nice if all this can be done from one screen, but the user must go to a different webpage for each step. Something else that is aggravating is the way the invoice numbering works. It's automatic and I have yet to find a way to change it. Each invoice can be changed manually, but that takes extra steps as well. None of this may matter to you, and with my subscription being free, I can't complain much. However, if I were paying, this would be something causing me to look elsewhere.

Garrett

Ok product for the price.

Reviewed on 2022/09/21

It gets the job done for the most part. If we could easily transition to another product in our price range that is better supported, more often updated with new functionality and integrations, we would probably move.

Pros

It is cheap and easy. Support is OK, but email only. Sometimes you need to talk to a person.

Cons

Reporting is meh. No option for creating your own reports, so you are stuck with whatever they include. A few good integrations, but need lots more. It feels like they stopped development for RepairShopr when they released Synchro. Synchro has more integrations and features, some of which it would be nice to have, but we have an RMM already and don't want/need any of those features.

Lee
  • Industry: Computer Networking

***The best product on the market, backed by the most aggressive and prompt support team***

Reviewed on 2016/09/26

We are very pleased with your product as it has a lot of potential and many features that we feel will make our customers experience better. More importantly, we looked for a company who will be as aggressive with their software and adding features as we are with improving our process so we love the Friday updates that tell about the new features/functions of the software.

Another thing we take into consideration is the promptness on the support department to handle issues or provide assistance on questions/concerns we have and your team has been excellent!

We look forward to a long relationship with your organization and are we are currently in the process of migrating the rest of our databases over to your system as we are extremely pleased with the ticketing system which is the backbone of our process. We will be adding your preferred credit card merchant service provider as we want to have a unified system for all needs and they appear to have very competitive rates.

Keep up the great work and you we are a client for life, looking forward to adding this software to our other location(s).

Pros

Everything. It is easy to use and works proficiently.

Cons

The printing features could be a tiny bit faster but the support team has sent notices that they are working on this so I am confident this will not be an issue for long.

Charles

Great Product... "Fits the bill"

Reviewed on 2016/06/22

I have been mostly doing break-fix & service for about 20 years And I been searching for similar system for a long time for documenting my work. We had been previously been doing our documentation on a spreadsheet, which was not very efficient. Repairshopr fits the bill totally, for tracking, estimates and complete control. With Repairshopr, it has really been able to automate this process of our business and produce professional results.

Pros

You can search on most any aspect of information regarding any previous work.
The forms are very customizable.
The import and export features of customer information.
Customers can track their work orders and progress of repairs online.
Love the SMS text and email features.
Love the On-site appointment calendar.
Repairshopr is constantly working on new features and improvements.

Cons

It's not free.... LOL

Ty

Great for our needs

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

We have been using it for 4 years and it has made business better for us and our end users. Compared to traditional paper systems it is a life and time saver.

Pros

On site invoicing and payments as well as signatures and terms of service signatures. Great for communicating through ticket flows and tracking time spent on jobs as well as which employee did what. We also really love the e-mail opened feature for when the end user opens your invoice.

Cons

The Square integration is great but sometimes pulls three of the same payment, 2 of which are for $0. This can be a pain for accounting but may be a larger issue with Square and the particular device/OS that is used as we have seen patterns with certain devices and not others.

Gerald
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Ease of use and affordability

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

The ability to keep track of customer records, comments and progress tracking are just a few. RepairShopr has so much functionality. Personally I strongly believe RepairShopr has increased the ability of smaller businesses to exist. Thank you for that.

Pros

Very straight forward in it's fields and categories including the options to customize to my business needs.

Cons

Changes in functionality after an update. This is more that I am speeding along and all of a sudden I realize a field has moved due to the update. An initial annoyance, but doesn't hinder the functionality.

RepairShopr is a good piece of software for those starting out in computer and device repair.

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

It was the foundation I needed to get my computer repair business started. Without it, I would still be floundering with process and documentation 2 years after launch.

Pros

What I like most is the great level of documentation and the starting walk-throughs they give you to get you up and running. Any question you have can be answered either through searching the help files or by submitting a ticket.

Cons

Frankly, RepairShopr does so much that it is hard to wrap my head around the enormity of the scope of features. A little guidance around some of the over-arching things I needed when I first started in this business would have been helpful. Then again, the help documentation and community is great. So, if you have the time, the documentation will be a big help.

• Industry: Higher Education

Useful help-desk software

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. The ticketing system is very customizable with the different types of fields that you can have on the intake forms. The inventory system is very helpful for keeping track of stock. The estimates system is very useful for giving customers quotes for hardware or software.

Cons

The new User Interface is a little hard to get used to after using the old interface for so long. Also if you accidentally click the serialized check box on an inventory item and update it, there is not an easy way of undoing this.

Good Repair Shop CRM and Ticketing Software

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

RepairShopr has helped me to complete tickets and get my billing out to my customers along with helping with paperwork. My previous software was only available in the office, so I would have to comeback and finish all of my paperwork at the office at night.

Pros

I like that I can access my information anywhere, especially can complete tickets onsite and get everything done before returning back to the office.

Cons

There are some specific requests that have been made for feature improvements that seem to be put to the back burner that everyone is complaining about.

Kim

RepairShopr does what we need it to do

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Good overall. When I have contacted customer support with an issue, they have resolved it within a reasonable timeframe. Can't ask for more than that.

Pros

Workflow is not overly dictated by the software. We're all different and need to be able to make use of the tools available without having the software drive our process.

Cons

We are not big on digital communications. When the device is repaired, we call the customer. I do NOT like any system that attempts to communicate with MY customers without my explicit involvement. This system can do that but it feels like I have to run around plugging all the communication holes where something might be sent to the customer.

Shawna

headache waiting to happen

Reviewed on 2022/02/23

We are CANCELLING this software. We signed up in September and were completely floored with how USELESS it is for our business in a quick hurry. Your inventory system has a mind of its own and should be re wrote! Ticketing to invoicing did work seamlessly, as long as you didn't need to know subtotals before billing. Late fees adding automatically is fine, until post dates play a factor as it does out here in rural areas. The integration to Quickbooks leaves much to be desired. To be honest, it was like working with a toddler because once I had fixed something, it reverted back to doing whatever it wanted. I fully plan to write a review for the world to see and be WARNED to not link up with your company. If you would like to make this egregious decision of purchasing and trusting your software to do what it said it could right, please contact me.....I would love to talk REFUNDS!!!

Pros

mobile app and cloud management was nice

Cons

quickbooks integration was a one way street (sales tax didn't transfer correct, COGS didn't work at all, customers info got messed up and jumbled). work orders didn't subtotal so you had to invoice before you could see the amounts. invoice dates weren't changeable. serialized units were part of inventory. on repair tickets for units the mileage was a separate screen.

Jon

Have used them from the start and was completely let down!

Reviewed on 2022/12/19

They we're phenomenal in the beginning and was a proud user and promoter. Until their email stopped working and took 150 days for the problem to be resolved and unfortunately had to move on to a different service provider

Pros

It was very convenient to have ticketing and invoicing all built into the same service until it stops working, and their support leads you high and dry.

Cons

Payments never worked scheduling never worked and when email of invoicing went down I didn't get any constructive help for 150 days

Amy

For a company that uses a ticket system, has the best functionality for the price

Reviewed on 2016/04/30

This is the best one-stop solution for us, as it includes a very comprehensive setup for customer data, ticketing, invoicing, inventory management, scheduled emails, and customer portal. We are able to easily generate tickets or have customers generate their own, have multiple user logins, to delegate tickets to different people, and be able to sync to Google calendars for scheduling clients. I applaud the developers for creating this amazing tool that is accessible and affordable for small businesses in the retail/repair/consulting fields!

Pros:
- extremely convenient for storing customer history and linking their assets and notes
- developers are very responsive to feedback and constantly adding improvements and new integrations
- streamlined ticket system with built-in notification settings
- integrated calendar settings for creating appointments
- good reporting tools for sales, commissions, customers, among many others
- very full featured and flexible to use in various ways suited to your business needs

Cons:
- not effective as an email marketing tool; Mailchimp integration is not fully functional, but I believe it is possible in the future to improve. Not the number one priority for this system, but it would be nice!
- claims to be a CRM, but this feature could be improved, i.e. have a way to manage lists or groups of customers for this specific purpose
- "card present" payment solutions are not great, although paypal and stripe work well for online and recurring payments. We are now using Mercury/Vantiv because it offers the most functionality and integration for a low percentage, but we do not have a chip reader, and the mobile swipe card reader (which is expensive) does not work with all cards, making POS clunky at times. A smooth payment system that isn't ugly or costly would be nice

Nathan

Great system for repair shops

Reviewed on 2016/06/27

Switched from another CMS to Repairshopr almost 2 years ago. The support is fantastic, the product just keeps getting better, customers are impressed with my shop because repairshopr works so well.

Pros

Automate just about everything for your repair shop. Billing module built in, inventory module build in, sales module with lead tracking built in, automatic billing built in, cloud printing built in, text message and email clients automatically throughout the repair process.

Cons

Anything that is buggy gets taken care of right away, so it is hard to come up with any cons. I guess because it is web based if your internet goes down you have to rely on the PDF version of all the tickets in dropbox or similar.

Myron
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Meh.

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

Pros

It's a good price and bridges the gap between a break fix repair shop and MSP. I think it's decent software for a beginning MSP or break fix shop.

Cons

This software is buggy. I don't know if we got a bad portal or what, but we're all the time having recurring invoices not process or autobill payments not process. Luckily we reconcile our books religiously, or we'd never know. Support's answer is oops we goofed, but you get to fix it. We've gotten exhausted of their software breaking and sometimes assume it's a bug. When it's not they're quick to point that out but oh so nonchalant when their bugs cost us money--arrogant.

Seby

Some great features, lots of problems, rude owner

Reviewed on 2017/07/29

It taught me the benefits of using a ticketing system for my repairs and introduced me to a lot of features that I insist on having now.

Pros

Lots of features and integrations with other software. The actual tech support staff was friendly, helpful and responsive (although I got tired of having to keep contacting them).

Cons

Features and Integrations often do not work correctly. I used this platform for 6 months and still did not understand how to do certain things. Click-to-Completion ratio for many features is too high. Platform is NOT intuitive and the KB is outdated. I also didn't like the invoice limit on the mid-level pricing. The owner was extremely rude to people who complained about features not working correctly in the Facebook group, lots of unhappy customers.

Kade

RepairShopr - 10/10 Perfect Fit For Any Small IT Repair Shop

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

RepairShopr has been the perfect fit for our IT Service and Repairs business, it has allowed us to significantly reduce our overheads and streamline our whole business and take it out of the pen and paper dark ages.

Pros

It has all the standard features a repair shop needs and then some.
The support team are always adding functions and implementing new integrations.
It is also one of the easiest products to setup and implement and does not require the extensive and expensive onboarding process a lot of other products do.

Cons

Some minor areas lack customisability and they don't have the ability to pay for express support or one of customisations. But for the price point that is a small compromise to make.

Stephen

Great product!

Reviewed on 2016/12/12

New features always coming about. While the speed of some releases I wish could be faster, I fully understand the reasoning behind, and could only hope this review nets them 1+ more customers so that they can speed up development process with expansion.

Only gripe - syncing with QB needs to be streamlined.

Pros

Ease of use, simple, user & client friendly.

Cons

Accounting software sync, the development time of new features.

Dale

Great Product and Great Service

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

Customer Services has always been well, the product is good and offers everything I was looking for and then some. The price is not bad compared to others.

Pros

Software is Great and the Price is Great as well

Cons

It would be awesome if Clover Terminals could connect. I do know they are always improving their product thou.

Sean

Best repair crm tracker we've ever used

Reviewed on 2016/08/24

Quite simply does everything we need, the way we want it done. A lot of thought and revision has gone into this system and it shows.

Pros

Email/SMS updates, customer portal, tracks orders and location transfers, supports client digital signature for T&Cs, I could go on and on.

Cons

POS and payments workflow can be a little tedious, especially with page loads on each phase. But we're using a serial receipt printer so this adds an extra step for printing receipts.

Aashish
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

No remedy with issues

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

Unpleasant

Unpleasant

Pros

There are no pros, just unpleasant dealings every single time

Cons

No support for more than one year regarding square integration

Gage

Perfect for our shop

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Customer support is killer.

Customer support is killer.

Pros

Seamless integration for our inventory, ticketing, billing, and payment solutions.

Cons

Mobile app is just okay. A bit confusing and limited functionality. The platform is mobile-friendlyish. It works and functions great on an iPad, but it is very difficult to display so much information on a cell phone.

Jeff
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Fantastic inventory management software for repair shops.

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

RepairShopr checks off all my requirements. It is really great as it manages my buying and selling of used computers well, which standard POS software doesn’t touch.

Pros

Has all the features I need (so far). Great weekly or biweekly updates, fantastic customer support when I have questions,

Cons

POS mode could use some improvements in the interface.

Rory

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

I have been struggling for a long time as a small business supporting small business's in my area to find that one piece of software that would help me run my computer consulting company efficiently and cost effectively - RepairShopr does it all for me. I would recommend this software to any small business in a heartbeat.

Pros

Does everything I need as a small computer consulting company.
Fantastic customer support.
Everything works - I have had zero issues with using this software.

Cons

Absolutely none.