Vincent
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

So Glad I Found Indy

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

My overall experience with Indy has been a positive experience and I look forward to remaining with Indy for as long as possible. They are going to be a great benefit to my business.

Pros

I'm brand new to Indy, but so far I'm loving being on the platform. I like the fact that it is very affordable for business owners that are just starting out. Indy's customer service is beyond awesome and they don't mind answering any question that you may have. They also are great with any feedback that you give. Their invoicing, contract creation/management, etc are great too. It's easy to go into Indy and have a proposal, contract, and invoice set up and ready to go for your client within 30 minutes. What makes that even better is that you can integrate PayPal and Stripe so that you can receive payment right away after your client approves the project. These are some of the pros of using Indy.

Cons

I found no aspect of Indy that was difficult to use. The only thing that I saw that was an easily solvable challenge was setting up the contract for my client. I was having a problem with doing that. I reached out to their customer service team while working on it, and they helped me solve that issue within 5 minutes. I was right back on my way after it was solved. There is nothing that I don't like about this software.

Response from Indy

Hi Vincent, it makes us very happy to hear that you're loving Indy so far and we're so glad you found us too! Our all-in-one producity tool will help you streamline and organize your business in no time. It also amazing to hear about the wonderful experience you had with our support team they truly are amazing. As you're still new to Indy, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for any questions or if you have any feedback on Indy. Feedback from our valued community allows us to continuously develop and improve our product.

Andrew

My Thoughts About Indy

Reviewed on 2021/10/04

Although Indy does have some bugs to work out, I really like the "all in one" nature of this platform. I like being able to use multiple tools for one low monthly cost.

Pros

I love using it for proposals, contracts, and invoices. I just love how it's an "all in one" resource (e.g., I don't need to use one platform for proposals, another for contracts, etc.).

Cons

The CRM part (or the People section as it's called) does need some work. It doesn't always let me enter the address correctly. The invoicing also needs some work. They really need to change the rate part (as not everything is per hour).

Response from Indy

Thank you for being a valued Indy member Andrew! It's awesome to hear that we provide everything you need to run your business. Thanks for the feedback, it's helpful to know where we can improve. I'll be sure to share the feedback about the address field in People being buggy to the team. When creating an invoice, you can choose to set your items at a unit or hourly rate. It comes in pre-selected as hourly but it's actually a dropdown menu. If neither of those options work, please reach out to customer support so we can get more information on what you'd like to see there.

Felicia
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Affordable for freelancers

Reviewed on 2021/10/07

Ease of use for most part, but wasn't seamless with clients.

Ease of use for most part, but wasn't seamless with clients.

Pros

Affordability and ease of use. I really appreciated the templates. I used mostly for proposals.

Cons

Clients didn't seem to want to communicate via the software and even though I sent them billing options via software, I ended up having to send an invoice via bank software for direct deposit of funds.

Response from Indy

Hey Felicia, thanks for the valuable feedback. We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our proposal templates. While it's hard to hear that we missed the mark on providing a seamless experience for your clients, I've shared this feedback with my team so we can find ways to improve this experience. We'd love to talk with you more! If you're interested in helping us build a better Indy, please contact support.

Eli

Great Invoicing Tool. Needs Work on Contact/Project Management.

Reviewed on 2022/07/30

Pros

It's incredibly simple to create custom invoices.
The task management feature is great for individual freelancers.
Easy to create contracts with little effort
Comes with time tracking and proposal creation features
Great for a freelancer who wants to look professional, but lacks the team to do it

Cons

The project management feature only allows for two views
It doesn't integrate well with its own calendar
Cannot schedule tasks by time without significant effort
Contact creation features feel unusually rigid
Not ideal to manage a team of freelancers

Response from Indy

Hi Eli, we're happy to hear that you found Indy easy to use and that you are enjoying Invoices. Thanks for the feedback on where we can improve! We'd love to chat with you more about these items and ensure we're on the same page. Please reach to our support team so we can review these items in greater detail.

Stevee
  • Industry: Design

I would purchase again and again

Reviewed on 2021/09/28

10/10 it makes the business side of running a busy easier

10/10 it makes the business side of running a busy easier

Pros

It helps keep me, as a busy entrepreneur on track with all files in the same. Cuts down on time it takes to draft contracts and documents that take away from designing

Cons

the invoice form could be more editable

Response from Indy

Stevee, thanks for the amazing feedback! We're happy to hear that Indy is making it easy for you to run your business operations. Thank you for the feedback on the invoice builder. I'll be sure to share this with the team so we can find more ways to make the form customizable.

Nash
  • Industry: Media Production

A must for freelancers & small businesses!

Reviewed on 2022/07/21

Indy has really helped me learn more about contracts, invoicing, and organization when it comes to managing between my clients and projects. I love it and plan on staying loyal because it has great features for the prices and I really enjoy it so much!

Pros

I really enjoy the simplicity of Indy, it has everything I need to be able to run my business as a solo freelancer. It gives me that professional edge so that my clients take me seriously as a freelancer.

Cons

I honestly don’t have a negative to say about this software. It has helped me tremendously as I’ve been getting into my freelancing and slowly growing more clientele. I really enjoy it!

Response from Indy

Hi Nash, thanks for all the love! It's truly amazing to hear that Indy has everything you need to run your freelance business. We'll continue to update our tools with new features to continually give you that professional edge with your clients. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if anything comes up or if there's something you'd like to see on Indy. We're always looking for ways to improve our product.

Camila
  • Industry: Design

Easy to use and just what I need!

Reviewed on 2021/09/29

I was so thrilled when I found Indy because it offered me more of what I needed for a lower price that what I was previously using. Whenever I experience any issue, the customer service team is always quick to respond and resolve and that is a big plus.

Pros

I love that Indy offers all of the things I need in one place, without overcomplicating with too many services. The contracts, proposals, and invoices are all simple to use and allow me to keep all of these important documents organized, easily accessible, all while making the process simple for my clients. Another huge plus for me is that Indy does not charge extra for payment transactions (only the fee direct from the payment processor applies). The customer service is also fantastic!

Cons

I have noticed some glitches on the platform at rare times. I also wish that there were a few more formatting and styling options for contracts and proposals, but this is the designer in me!

Response from Indy

Thank you for you being a valued Indy member, Camila! It's great to hear all the ways that Indy has helped your business at a fraction of the cost of the other tool you were using. Thanks for the feedback on formatting and styling options. I've shared this (and the occasional glitch) with the team so they can find ways to improve on our current feature set.

Alysa

Fantastic Software for Freelancers and Business Owners

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

Absolutely fantastic. I use this software for my marketing business and having contracts, proposals, invoicing, time tracking, and client messaging in one place is incredibly helpful. I can't recommend Indy enough!

Pros

The software is inexpensive, has absolutely fantastic customer service, and clearly listens to what their users want with constant updates. I've now been a part of two paid interviews to talk about improving Indy and I love what I'm seeing.

Cons

There are a few bugs that pop up here but customer service is super fast at responding and always does whatever they can to improve the experience.

Response from Indy

Hey Alysa, thanks for your review! Awesome to hear that we provide everything you need at a price that doesn't break the bank. While we may experience a few bumps/bugs along the way, we're happy to hear our team has been able to resolve those issues. We'll always work hard to consistently meet and exceed expectations.

Easy for freelancers

Reviewed on 2021/10/11

Pros

It’s incredibly easy to use and deploy and the value for the monthly cost is unmatched.

Cons

The ability to design your documents and invoices could be improved. It’s templated to look very basic currently.

HoneyBook

Reasons for Switching to Indy

The price of Indy was significantly less.

Response from Indy

Hi there! Thank you for being an Indy member. It's great to hear that Indy has been able to help your business at a fraction of the cost of the other tool you were using. I've shared your feedback about adding more customizability to documents and invoices with the team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to support if there's anything else you'd like to see on Indy.

Nica Chesca

The best CRM for freelancers!

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

I rate it 10/10! Outstanding software for freelancers'

I rate it 10/10! Outstanding software for freelancers'

Pros

I like how Indy is very easy to use. As someone who tried other CRM and invoicing software before, I find Indy very unique because it really caters to freelancers and with that they know exactly what freelancers need. The user interface is friendly as well. You will not have a hard time navigating this CRM even if it's your first time to use one! A must use tool for every freelancing business!

Cons

I like almost everything about the app. Maybe it's the bank transfer option. If we can connect our bank to the app and clients can easily pay to the bank instead when sending an invoice.

Response from Indy

Hi Nica Chesca, we're happy to hear that you're loving Indy's easy-to-use productivity software. We understand the struggles of having to find the right tool for your freelance business...we're so glad you found us! We do have a bank transfer option that's integrated through Stripe. If that isn't the most ideal option, we'd love to know more. Please reach out to our support staff so we can learn more.

Mary

Impressed

Reviewed on 2022/03/02

So far, I am satisfied with this software and service.

So far, I am satisfied with this software and service.

Pros

Impressed with a clear, easy solution for helping create contracts and proposals without all the fuss.

Cons

In the proposals, it only gives you one option for the estimate. I like to give my clients options, so being able to have that field more than once would be amazing.

Response from Indy

Hi Mary, thanks for being a valued member. We're happy to hear that Indy has taken the fuss out of creating proposals and contracts. Thank you for sharing your interest in having more than one estimate block in proposals for your clients to choose from. We'll send this over to the team to review. We're always looking at ways to improve our tools. You can reach out to our support team if you have any other amazing feedback.

Mitzi

IndyPro perks

Reviewed on 2022/03/09

IndyPro helps me stay organized with task management, billing and invoicing, and contracts and proposals.

Pros

I chose this software over others because it was affordable and there was a built-in calendar. I can also integrate my Google calendar.

Cons

I wish it also had accounting. I have to use separate software for that.

HoneyBook, Dubsado and Bonsai

Price and features I needed

Response from Indy

Mitzi, thanks so much for the review! It's amazing to hear how Indy's tools have helped organize your business. We're definitely looking into ways to expand on our feature set and that does include accounting features later down the line. We'll be sure to keep you updated as we make progress on this release.

Rudhwan
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Like it, worth to pay for it

Reviewed on 2022/03/11

Really good, I like it, worth to pay for it, but with development for the cons I mentioned it will be the best choice ever

Pros

1- Full of benefits that motivate achievement.
2- Very easy to use.
3- Integrated in terms of solutions that will not often require the user to search for complements.
4- less expensive.

Cons

1- There is no option for multiple currencies.
2- There is no well-functioning application, and if any, it is not available for the region I am in (Kuwait)

Response from Indy

Hi Rudwan, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that Indy's all-in-one productivity tool has helped you stay motivated at an affordable price. There is a release coming shortly that will allow you to change the currency to your preferred setting. We'll be sure to keep you updated once that feature is live. We'd love more feedback about the functioning app as we'll be taking a closer look at mobile later this year.

Kylen

Love Indy as a freelance creator!

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

Overall, 5 stars-- can't really be beat for the price. It's significantly streamlined my workflow!

Pros

I really love the contract templates- they do a great job of covering my basic bases, as well as ensuring that my work is still available to me to use in a portfolio capacity after delivery. Indy definitely champions freelancers/contractors, and this shows in the contract templates! I also love being able to keep track of all of my clients in one place, it's so much more efficient than the spreadsheet system I was using before!

Cons

Some of the features could probably be flushed out a bit better-- time tracking feature feels a little clunky/too many steps sometimes, and the one gripe I have with the invoicing feature is the inability to select from an existing template.

Response from Indy

Hi Kylen, thanks for the feedback. It's fantastic to hear how Indy has helped streamline your workflow and that our contract templates are keeping you and your business protected! Thanks for the feedback on Time Tracker we'll be looking at ways we can improve this tool in the future so stay tuned. We recently released a new feature for Invoices and Proposals that allows you to create line item templates. Gone are the days of retyping line items over and over again. If you haven't already, check out this feature, and share your feedback with our support team.

Prasanna Ram

Best tool for managing self employed work

Reviewed on 2022/03/07

Love it, and will continue using this as my primary tool for managing self employed work. Looking forward to more new features from the team!

Pros

Ease of use mainly for time tracking and invoicing. Having a mobile app also helps quickly add manual time slots which I use a lot. Very competitive pricing compared to alternatives in the market.

Cons

Nothing specific though I would love a very native integration with Wise global account for accepting payments through Indy itself to corresponding currency account. Current options seems limited to me when thinking about global scale.

Response from Indy

Hi Prasanna, it's wonderful to hear that you've been able to use Indy to help manage your freelance business. We have an update coming shortly that will let you change the currency to your preferred global currency. We are also considering alternative payment processors and will look into Wise. Thanks for the feedback!

Michelle

Great Software

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

I love it. I would choose to use indy over any other project management app. It is a great software for freelancers like me who have a few clients a month. I can keep track of my hours worked along with tasks and projects.

Pros

The price point and user experience. It is easy to navigate and you can catch on pretty easily.

Cons

How you couldn't edit the columns when making an invoice. I wish I had the ability to delete the unnecessary columns for certain invoices

Response from Indy

Hi Michelle, thanks for being a valued Indy member! It's amazing to hear that Indy is your preferred project management app and we're glad you found our tools easy to use. Great news!! We actually are working on an improvement to Invoices that will allow for the column customization you're looking for so stay tuned. In the meantime, any column that doesn't have any information in it will be hidden when sent to your client. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any other amazing feedback.

Daniela
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Love this tool!

Reviewed on 2022/07/29

Love this tool! Easy to use, beautiful, and user friendly on the admin side and on the client side.

Pros

Easy to use contract drafting tools with relevant templates ans the ability to adjust to your needs. I was able to use it quickly and send the contract to my first client!

Cons

The only thing I didn't like is that once you start editing the contract on your own, you are not able to go back to the other mode.

HoneyBook

Reasons for Switching to Indy

I like the look and feel of the platform!

Response from Indy

Hi Daniela, it's great to hear how Indy's Contracts tool has helped your business. Thanks for the feedback...we hear you! We're currently working on reimagining the Indy Contract experience to fix this issue and we'll have more to share on this as it develops.

Infinity
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Infinity's Review

Reviewed on 2021/12/14

Pros

Good product, decent pricing, nice test features. Just didn't do what I needed it to do.

Cons

I model so having the ability to take care of multiple tasks would be beneficial.

*For more info you can contact me on [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Contract bids to help make the customer and the service provider on the same page plus including human work ethic decency would be one of my first implentations.

Response from Indy

Hi Infinity, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback. We'd love to talk with you more about what didn't work for you on Indy. The contact information provided was blocked, please contact our support team and we can get something set up.

Kyle
  • Industry: Online Media

This is Freelancing Gold

Reviewed on 2022/03/02

Proposal and contract streamlining was a big win for me.

Proposal and contract streamlining was a big win for me.

Pros

The contract and proposal management is an incredibly useful resource. Couple that with payment integrations like Stripe and PayPal, and a really useful online portfolio page and you're ready to launch your freelance career at a minimal cost. It's like a mini ERP. I really wish all the features were available in my country. But I'm sure that will happen soon enough.

Cons

These are mostly things I assume are on the roadmap for Indy, but the addition/ development of a few things will really beef it up:

Multi-currency features (especially for remote freelancers)
Integrations with better financial management tools. I'm told Stripe is brilliant, and takes care of this one, but it isn't available in Africa yet.

And feature availability in South Africa 😊

Response from Indy

Hi Kyle, thanks for the amazing feedback! We built Indy to be a freelance hub that lets you operate your business without all fuss. There are features on our immediate and long-term roadmaps that will ensure our product features cater to all community members. Our global currencies feature release is set to come out shortly and we'll be sure to look into Stripe alternatives that are available for you in South Africa. In the meantime, we'd love to hear of any specific integrations, or other features, you'd like to see on Indy that will help your business.

Alexandra
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Really functional, easy to use, outstanding software

Reviewed on 2022/02/25

I like it! It's simple and clear, and easy to use. I have only used it for a few invoices so far.

Pros

the invoicing, the view of everything, and how there's a lot more features than expected! I will plan to use the proposals and the fact that contracts are on there are amazing.

Cons

Hmm! Not sure yet. I don't really use the time tracking, I have another app for that that I like.

Response from Indy

Hi Alexandra, thanks for much for the love! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying Indy's invoicing tool and that it exceeded your expectations. We have some exciting things coming to Invoices this year that will make it even better. As you use Proposals and Contracts, we'd love to know your thoughts. Also any information you can provide on your Time Tracker preference. We're always looking for ways to improve our feature set so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Laura
Laura

Good choice for freelancers on a budget

Reviewed on 2021/10/13

Good experience- a good option for freelancers to consider!

Good experience- a good option for freelancers to consider!

Pros

Easy to invoice, nice reminders when someone has viewed the invoice and left comments, too.

Cons

The cost felt like a bit much on an ongoing basis for a solo freelancer based on what was provided. Hard to get clients on board with using the system. Not every client is going to want to invoice through here, either, which is a challenge I had. I had one client that paid through here, but it felt like one more software to use that I didn't need so I simplified and moved elsewhere.

Response from Indy

Hi Laura! It's awesome to hear that Indy's Invoices tool was easy to use and kept you up-to-date with notifications. Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we can improve. It's actually not necessary for your clients to be on Indy to view your documents, invoices, contracts, proposals, or pay invoices but they may not have been clear. I'll be sure to share this feedback with the team so we can find ways to improve the client experience.

Gerda
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

inexpensive for good quality

Reviewed on 2022/08/03

very good experience so far no disappointments

very good experience so far no disappointments

Pros

I liked the cost, the interface is appealing, and simple to use. provides everything I need to run my business

Cons

unaware of all the great aspects I can use for back end of my business

Response from Indy

Hi Gerda, thanks for the feedback. We're happy to hear that you're finding Indy's productivity tools so easy to use!

Brian

first review

Reviewed on 2021/10/07

Love it. It's nice to look at and an easy UX. I just need it to be more robust for my other ventures.

Pros

The invoicing is great. The UX is great.

Cons

I wish there was a way to set up all of my DBA business under the same umbrella. That's my biggest problem with it, and when my other business get busier I will have to switch to another company most likely.

Response from Indy

Thank you for being an Indy member, Brian! We are happy to hear that you enjoying using Indy's Invoices tool. I've shared your feedback about having the ability to have multiple businesses under one account with the team. It's really important for us to know where we can improve so thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We built our tools to be simple and lightweight but we are working on expanding our feature set to provide more robust tools. Please don't hesitate to reach out to support if you have any feedback on features you'd like to see in Indy.

LaKisha
  • Industry: Events Services

Great Project management tool

Reviewed on 2022/07/19

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use. I can easily track projects and tasks. It's also easy to keep time when working and create invoices from those activities.

Cons

There are no features I dislike. The software is very user friendly.

Response from Indy

Hi LaKisha, we're happy to hear you love how easy Indy is to use for your business. We built our tools to be simple but powerful.

My INDY Experience

Reviewed on 2022/07/23

Overall! It was a great experience, this will surpass any other CRM out there!

Overall! It was a great experience, this will surpass any other CRM out there!

Pros

It's easy to use. Friendly designs, and most of all the customer service is legit! Overall, it's great!

Cons

I would suggest to INDY to develop a team feature where I can invite more people or my team to a project I create in INDY.