Showing 50 reviews of 40

TeamDesk

Custom online database creation. Low code database software.

Showing 50 reviews of 40
Patricio B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

It's not just a cloud database

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Pros

In the organization that I lead, TeamDesk has helped us to automate a large part of our Business Intelligence processes, being able not only to store the information that we manage internally and of our clients, but to integrate it with other cloud systems and giving much more value to that information.
It has allowed us to generate cloud platforms for ticket management, geolocation, cost control, cloud reporting, information management, mobile applications, to name a few.
The stability of the platform is wonderful. In 4 years of use we have not had a single incident that decreases the overall uptime of the solution. In terms of performance, the ability of the platform to manage and graph information of millions of data in real time is surprising.
Another thing that I love is that there is a community of users where we share ideas and new developments, which are listened to continuously by Foresoft and that allows you to have a clear roadmap of the service over time.
The support service of Foresoft is very delicate, its service times are in line with any global operation and they are always attentive to any doubts one may have to improve the internal business.
We are very grateful for the Teamdesk and Foresoft service, and I am sure that it can help many other companies as it has done with mine.

Cons

Not problems or cons, I believe that the platform must move to the next level with well-defined Big Data processes, which will surely be on Foresoft roadmap soon.

Brittany N.
  • Industry: Government Administration

My overall experience with TeamDesk

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

We have been able to effectively organize data and information in real-time.

Pros

The database allocated by TeamDesk allows me to store, share and synchronize data in the cloud in real time.

Cons

Unavailability of the free trial version is the biggest challenge that I have ever encountered, though all worked perfectly well since the company catered for the fee.

Adrian T.

Fantastic product and customer service

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

I used Filemaker and Filemaker server for many years before wanting a cloud solution (Filemaker can in theory be cloud based but it's difficult and sluggish).

TeamDesk is basically Filemaker plus a hundred times better! And, it has the benefit of being in the cloud.

TeamDesk recently implemented Zapier integration (still in beta) which has taken their product to another level for us. We have the database communicating with all sorts of websites, apps and services increasing our productivity by an immense amount!

It's hard to stress how fantastic this database is for functionality and what it can do.

If you have a problem (like with a formula), you get a quick response from support, usually with a solution (I don't think there's much this database can't do).

Cons

There is only one "cons" to the product and that's probably the end user UI. Forms for filling in data are a little bit old fashioned and so are the reports (views) of data. Generally it's in spreadsheet format and you can add colour to the row or text but not much else.*

This really doesn't matter though! It's functionality and getting things done quickly are what really matters and in this regard it excels.

*I think you can now add CSS to the database to improve it's look but I've not bothered with that.

Better & cheaper than Quickbase but lacking mobile form to record (much needed)

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

It's better in may ways than Intuit Quickbase. Also much cheaper.
Great service almost around the clock and 7 days a week.
Relatively easy to use but you will need a programer for some functions (see cons)
Pricing is much better than Quickbase
Surprisingly the app looks ok to work with on the mobile but lacking mobile form to record (see cons)

Cons

BIG negative: no responsive good web to record form which forces you to find an external form app and waste a lot of time with CSS and API development and.... fixing problems.

Too long for needed features to be added like "plus" for auto adding additional input fields. There are also glitches like not being to add "none" as an option. TeamDesk is adding features only months after the market has a need for them.

Sporadic issues with speed and API calls

Adding update needed features will make TeamDesk perfect.

Not easy to set good appearance of the records.

Fantastic product

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

I have a small medical billing business and have several contractors that assist me remotely. I am able to track a tremendous amount of information easily in Team Desk and am extremely pleased with the product. As a non technical person, I have received much customer support from TD in regards to implementing customized changes. It can basically do anything you want it to do and the changes are relatively easy to make., even without a technical aptitude. Highly recommend.

Cons

TD expects you to figure out and learn to make your own changes to the database. This part is challenging for me. They do have customer support that will assist, and their first attempt is to point you to the appropriate help section. If I can't figure something out however, they will intervene and make the changes for me.

Extremely flexible WYSIWYG database

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Pros

As a non-developer I was able to customize this database to our exact business requirements, and am on an ongoing basis able to easily adjust workflows to match evolving business needs. Support is always quickly responsive to any issues. Amazing value for the money. Since we have been using teamdesk (about 4 years) they have actively grown and introduced many new useful features such as a REST api, zapier integration, and the ability to generate PDF documents.

Cons

I wish we could have a white label, streamlined onboarding experience for new users. But this is far outweighed by the flexibility and power of the core feature set.

Adrian M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Wonderful functionality

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

Ease of use; I can use TeamDesk from my phone which makes my job so much easier.
User interface is simple and attractive
The functionality is great
The ability to use and manipulate data is very useful
The ability to create new tables and views, edit existing ones and gather just the right information is extremely valuable.

Cons

I can't think of much that I don't like about it. It's easy to use, easy to edit, and easy to connect from anywhere!

Sukant G.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great Support Team

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Great

Pros

Great Support and help provided from the support team. It solved our long pending demand.

We can manage the way we want. Very happy with team desk

Cons

Very User Friendly and customization is very good

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you for the great review, Sukant.
TeamDesk support team is always happy to help you.

Marius C.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

The backbone of our business

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

Team desk is the backbone of our company. Every single aspect of the business is implemented using this platform. We are paperless as a result and can work from anywhere, we don't need to be in the office. It is very very flexible and very easy to program and very easy to use. I highly recommend this product. Whether you want to use it to help you with certain tasks (whether its business or personal or communal tasks) or you want your full-blown business processes on there, this is the platform to be on. Customer service is amazing. They help customize and solve your problems for you.

Cons

Its been many years since we have been using this platform and frankly I have not come across an issue I wanted to be implemented or solved that could not be done.

Pierre C.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A real life changer at work

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

- Cuts dramatically administrative costs
- Speeds up and makes more reliable commercial / administrative processes
- Enable to share information in the company in a very efficient and organized way
- Very useful for project orientated teams
- Applicable to many processes in the company (sales, accounting, production, T&E, task tracking, ...)
- Personalized to each company (way more than any ERP !!)
- Cheap in regards to the value it creates
- Very responsive after sales team (the best I have seen so far)

Cons

Difficult to fill this category as this product is really great
- Oldish interface
- No video trainings
- Mobile app is useful but could do way way more

Philipp G.

A great product with a fantastic support team

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

With TeamDesk I was able to implement a cloud bookkeeping app which I have been considering for years. Key was that I could this entirely on my own without a large development team and with the absolute certainty that the folks at TeamDesk would keep the infrastructure running in the background.

Pros

Fasts to set up, easy to use, intuitive, flexible, fantastic support.

I have developed a multi-client product entirely on my own, i.e no large development team needed, which now has multiple organisations and users working off the one data set and the one code base. In order to achieve this the TeamDesk team had to make some enhancements to thier product which they helpfully embraced and implemented.

Cons

In some areas I have pushed the product beyond its intended usage boundaries and as a result I sometimes have speed issues. This could also be be due to latency issues as I am located in Europe and the TeamDesk servers are in the US. However I understand that European servers are being considered.

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the fantastic review, Philipp.

Frances F.

Review of TeamDesk

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

The business now has extensive customer information all in one area. From documentation of all contact with our customers from the sales team, to the training information on what course the customers employees have completed. Creating certificates is a breeze, identifying who did a course along with what the sales team have told them to what equipment they have purchased.
All in one easy to use area that I can control who has access to! brilliant!

Pros

Ease of customisation and flexibility in use for our company. we have a central database for all our sales and education information. Also love that we can export information for our customers and as a sales report for our Board. We have been in business as a training organisation for over 20 years and this is the best database we have ever had.

Cons

Sometimes takes me a while to work out how to change things!

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you, Frances, for the review. We are glad that TeamDesk database empowers your business management.

Oliver L.

perfect to create database solutions in a really easy way!

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

it´s filling up exactly the market niche between senseless "drag and drop" solutions with less functionality or to develop your project from the scratch.

Pros

if you understand what you want and how a database is working you can realize your projects in an unbelievable short time without the need not to care about css, html and so on.
i am really glad that i found a fast and easy solution where i don´t need to care about the GUI and can do almost the same as if would program it myself.

Cons

nothing at all, but would be nice if there would be an integrated backup functionality to schedule regularly backups to a smb share or some cloud services.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you, Oliver, for the review and new ideas.

Luison L.

Excellent functionality at affordable prices

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

Excellent!

Pros

Lots of functionality and incredible level of help and support

Cons

UI looks a bit dated. Lack of scripting language might limit development potential

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the review, Luison.

Ann V.
  • Industry: Sports

Flexible and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

Great customer support, great features/flexible to fit our needs.

Pros

Ability to design it to work best for us!

Cons

It can be complicated to learn at times because there are so many options and ways to structure the data.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the review, Ann.

Emeka O.
  • Industry: Higher Education

TeamDesk has definitely succeeded in a creating an efficient way to store and manipulate data.

Reviewed on 2018/02/17

Pros

Most of all, I like that the software possesses much more more functionality and options in terms of managing data than your average database manager. It's focused on ensuring efficiency and flexibility. I recommend it.

Cons

I'd recommend this software to people who are okay with paying the price to purchase it. This might not be an issue for others but for me it's a little inconvenient.

Scott M.

Great product. Exceptional support

Reviewed on 2015/10/29

I have worked with TeamDesk for many years developing a range of applications for different business functions. During this period the product has continually evolved, with many of the improvements driven by customer feedback through an active and healthy forum.

One element that has remained constant is the first class support, something that others could learn from.

If TeamDesk has a downside it's probably that they don't market themselves enough although that is changing (hence this listing)!

I would not hesitate in recommending TeamDesk, the product or the company.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much.

Calvin peters C.

Innovative, Powerful and Simple

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

If you're familiar with nothing more than the user's side of a database then Teamdesk gives you the power to create your own vision.
Understanding programming language(s) is not a requirement.
The development console makes learning to use Teamdesk simple.
It is scalable, secure and easily deployable across user platforms.
The customer support is second to none! The team is very quick to respond, solidly committed to providing a robust and secure product and very effective in problem-solving with lots of guiding advice to make development and innovation work smooth. They have never let me down and always go above and beyond the call. They are always listening to their user base for new ideas and feedback and are constantly updating, evolving and innovating.
We looked at a number of options and even tried a few others before settling with TD but none were as easy to get up and running to start or as easy to learn and develop.

Cons

I have used TD for 8 years now and the constant innovation loop built into their user feedback has mitigated most shortcomings before I realized there was something missing. I honestly have found no "cons" to date.