Mailjet Reviews

4.4/5 (259 reviews)
Katerina V.

Mailjet facilitates product management

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

In general I like Mailjet. You set up it once and you forget about it because you know that it is running like clockwork. I always recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Mailjet is quite easy to set up and use. The latest improvements that were implemented this year make the creation of nice looking emails for different platforms very convenient. User-friendly, colorful and intuitively understandable.

Cons

The most irritating thing about Mailjet is when the account is blocked for some reason and you message to the support they just say "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security rules. We unblock your account". They never say what exactly is incorrect with the domain despite the fact that it could help their customer to improve his domain security or change the hosting. Or as another example, when you have just created your account, you may get the message "Sorry, your domain triggered some of our security flags. We cannot allow you to use our system." No any other clarification what exactly their security system didn't like. And you have to go to their competitors.

Melanie C.

Longtime fan and user for years.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Allows 3rd party applications to send email without having to open up security on mail servers, and does so with ease.

Pros

MailJet is targeted more at being used for email marketing, but it is the perfect solution for 3rd party applications that require SMTP service but for one reason or another an organization cannot use their own mail server. (Also allows tracking for those 3rd party app mailings if you want to get fancy.) It's been my go to through several employment changes where I always end up needing it for one thing or another, and I've recommended to clients many times over.

The support is always fantastic as well - they've always been responsive and on top of things, even when I was only using a free account. This has made them the first SMTP service I think of, always.

Cons

The only real challenge I've faced was that the API keys can sometimes be too long for older applications. (And some poorly built ones.) This is not really a fault of MailJet -- the longer API keys make for better security, but it can just be a roadblock sometimes. (MailJet support is right on the case for it though.)

In the years I've been using it (I think I first discovered them 4 or 5 years ago - not exactly sure how long, I've experienced an outage or two. Frustrating when it happens, but then any internet service is subject to that from time to time.

Outstanding Mailing Management Software

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Pros

MailJet is extremely easy to use and makes the process of generating mailings extremely simple. The UI for generating mailings is intuitive and simple, yet powerful and able to accomodate pretty much anything you'd want to put into an email. I use it generally for doing newsletters to a large group of about 5,000 subscribers.

The overall interface for managing Contacts lists and Campaigns is well done and understandable. Adding and removing subscribers from Contact lists is fairly straightforward and mostly great.

On the rare occasions when I've needed support, they've always been extremely fast and knowledge-able, and solved the issue in short order.

Cons

Three things about Contact lists are a bit annoying:
1) There doesn't seem to be any way to automatically remove Unsubscribed Contacts: you have to download them manually, then upload them to remove them.
2) Same thing with Bounced or other Contacts that you discover from the post-Campaign analysis: there's no button to say "Remove these from my Contact List": you must download them, then remove them through the removal interface
3) Errors from uploading new Contacts is a little clunky when there are errors: again it generates a file that you have to download and look at separately. For most errors (duplicate address, typos, invalid format, etc) in the little uploads that I do as part of expanding the list, I'd just like to see the darned things immediately on the screen so that I could either ignore them (i.e. dups) or fix them (typos & invalid format). Only if the errors go beyond some threshold (say more than 10, and it could be user-settable), should it do the file-generate-and-download thing.

Danielle C.

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

This works really well for what I need. It is easy to use and easy to train people not so tech savvy to use as well. Aside from the cons above, I have had a great time updating content. I do with the help people we a little more helpful. When I had a problem in that the emails we saying "sent" but nothing was being received - they told me it was my problem and there was nothing they could do. - That may be the case, but there are nicer ways of saying this. I had already checked my email spam and the head spam blocker and nothing was there from mailjet. I ended up having to send out a link to the online version that I had pulled off of a previous test email. That all being said, I still continue to use the program as it is easy to manage and provides nice stats.

Pros

I like the amount of flexibility you have at the free level. I like the ease of dragging and dropping content to add or reposition. I like that it saves as a work in progress and you can go back and review old newsletters. I also like the detailed insight and stats.

Cons

That you can't move multiple sections at once. For example, I wish you could highlight a text box and an image at the same time and move them around together to relocate content. I also wish you could add dividers between vertical columns. If you have a 3 column section, I would like to divide with a line between. I wish there was a calendar feature as well to help with showcasing dates and events.

Lucas P.

Of all the ESPs I use, I tend to prefer MailJet for nearly everything

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/02/19

The number-one unique feature that Mailjet provides is MJML with a drag-and-drop builder. Hands-down the best way to roll out anything from an MVP email for testing to a full-fledged transactional messaging system. The close integration of the Builder with the Send API to dynamically populate the messages is AWESOME! Separating code and design is definitely a goal that this can help you achieve.

I love being able to send through SMTP. It's a huge plus for managed WordPress hosting environments where it's impractical to run a mail server. I also really appreciate the Mail Parse API, which allows me to focus on processing inbound emails via webhook and JSON -- no messy content or attachment handling.

The freemium setup, as of early 2019, is sufficient to run small operations for $0, and then the entry-level paid plan is such a good value after you outgrow the free level. I recommend Mailjet to all my clients who need mail sending or receipt/processing.

Pros

Freemium pricing structure
Good value for entry-level paid plan
MJML WYSIWYG Builder
Data-merge into stored templates
Email address shortcut to send to entire mailing list

Cons

There seems to be some question about the definition of a transactional message. My client's emails that resulted from visitors filling a form (a transaction, I would say) were blocked based on content filters and the support team didn't have a really good answer as to why, other than quoting their policy that the service is for sending bulk or transactional messages only. This issue may have been cleared up in the meantime.

Richard I.

Good overall... But, don't try to do too much too early.

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

Mailjet is very easy to setup as long as you have access to your domain DNS settings. I manage DNS through Amazon Route 53 so changes reflect quickly when I needed to verify DNS ownership. Once you confirm ownership, setting up email API is easy, and works instantaneously - as it should.

I started using Mailjet to send out server and website notifications. For this purpose it worked awesome. I had about 20 websites sending notifications out via MailJet and as long as the domain names were verified correctly it worked great. You'll run into problems if don't verify your domain so if you have issues check that first. Mailjet has an easy domain verification tool that will highlight any issues quickly.

For transactional emails and general emails from an email client MailJet worked fantastic - read the cons section for an area of trouble.

Cons

Since I had such good success using MailJet for our transactional needs, I started using MailJet a couple months ago to send out periodic marketing emails, it's a native feature within their dashboard so I thought it would be nice to consolidate email providers. Well, very quickly we ran into issues and they temporarily lowered my sending limits.

I was able to quickly provide them with the information they needed and they removed the sending limits after 7-days. From that experience, I limited our use of MailJet as a marketing platform, but recently used them again only to run into the exact same problem. But this time the issue was because of the volume of emails sent - not because of any bounce or SPAM notifications. The suspension this time resulted in a much more complicated process in demonstrating ownership over the list of email under my control.

I don't want to pick on MailJet too much on this subject of marketing emails; they position themselves as a transactional email platform, and for that, they're awesome. I only used MailJet for marketing purposes because they feature it in their dashboard and it's easy to use. But they seem far more strict in their email purposes than say MailChimp which seems to be setup more for marketing/newsletter type emails.

Andrew S.

SMTP relay for all my emails

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

I use mailjet in daily work and keep in mind if one of the clients asks for advise or recommendation. Mailjet offers and provide so many working services and features that while one implements them there is no time to think about the shortcomings.

Pros

1. innovative technologies and features
2. the necessary functions that can be extended and / or scaled if necessary

Jen L.

MailJet better than Most

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Overall, it changed my life for the better. I have a newsletter that I send out to almost 5,000 weekly. Mailjet has earned me new business, makes it EASY to create my newsletter. I haven't mastered segmentation yet, but, out of all the other platforms. Mailjet took me to a higher level with better "reach". I would recommend this to anyone that truly wants to increase their marketing exposure.

Pros

For me, mailjet came in right on time. I had tried Mailchimp, Sendgrid and a few others. I like that you can do more in a quick period of time. The "template maker" is relatively easy to use, to those that are familiar with making on line newsletters. If this is our first time to this rodeo, it will have a slight learning curve, but nothing that will take you out the game. I like that you can add MANY MORE subscribers for a lot less money than the other places

Cons

I HATE the "Subscription Boxes", they are NOT user friendly, and you can only do HTML. Someone needs to do these over. They are kinda sucky. Just the entire "subscriber addition" platform needs a do over

Stephen H.

Mailjet works very well as an SMTP service

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

Sending large amounts of email from our ecommerce website, both of a transactional and marketing nature, is hard. Mailjet helps make this easier, and helps get our emails to our customers, and consistently offers excellent advice and functionality for making this work better both for us and for our customers.

Pros

The Customer Support is excellent. They are very proactive about identifying delivery issues, and are often introducing new features.

Cons

I wish it kept logs longer to help troubleshoot issues after they have happened.

Simon B.

Ecommerce and Mailjet

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Pros

As we have to be sure that all the mails from our store goes to our customers, we did search for an easy solution. Mailjet is easy to configure and very stable. It was very easy to connect Mailjet with our Storesoftware.
In I think 4 Years of using Mailjet we had to contact the support 1 time, they did help us very well.

Cons

Okay the backend is sometimes a bit confusing and have to click arround to find the things you are looking for

Jules V.

Professional tool - value for money

Reviewed on 2017/04/25
Review Source

Pros

The website gives me the correct information to set up the connection.
Good support service when neaded.
Fast and reliable.
Usefull statistics and reports to download.

Cons

Blocked emails are not always easy to detect what the real reason is.
Sometimes mailjet blocks the email address themselves.
Sometimes the reason is the owner of the email adress, etc.
Not easy to unblock the address that is blocked by mailjet.
There is no control on that, as far as i know.

Samuel N.

Mailjet a simple way to send emails

Reviewed on 2016/11/09
Review Source

Mailjet is a simple way to send emails, manage campaigns and have good control over marketing campaigns. Very simple to use and with good technical support always ready to help.
For the development of my web applications and the sites I create I always use the service to be able to control the emails and to have in an instantaneous way all the dashboards that help me to perceive the state of the emails sent.

Pros

Simple and very easy to use,
Has good technical support,
Very nice and useful dashboards

William T.

frogdog.io loves mailjet!

Reviewed on 2016/11/29
Review Source

Mailjet is our go to solution for deploying emails from webforms. We use mailjet on almost every website we do for our clients who can't or won't provide their own SMTP solution.

Pros

Free! At least for our limited use case.
Simple to setup and confirm new domains or addresses.
Can manage multiple clients' needs through a single mailjet account.

Cons

The limitations on the free-tier account are fairly low (200/day), but its free so its hard to complain.

Atul S.

I have been using Mailjet since long and haven't found anything better than Mailjet, truly amazing

Reviewed on 2017/12/27

I am in network marketing and this software helped me a lot On daily basis I updates my contacts regarding my new projects without any hassle.Great software ,Keep it up MailJet. Thanks

Pros

I love the the easy n smooth mail sending quality of this software the most but rest of functions and services also awesome like customer support ,Templates,SMTP etc.

Response from Mailjet

Hey Atul,
we are glad to hear you are happy with our service! Thank you for taking time to leave a review.

Have a nice day!
The Mailjet Crew

I finally found my ultimate mailing solution

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

1. I don't have to write and design emails manually.
2. I get a very scaleable sending solution with zero efforts.
3. The templating engine lets me easily put a face of a big operation, while I work from my basement.

Support was friendly, not always very efficient, but solved most of my issues, or at least pointed me in the direction. I'm in the free tier yet, so can't complain too much.
Overall I'm super happy with mailjet. Thank god you guys exist.

Pros

This is the perfect solution for my needs: I define the email templates in a nice editor, get an ID, and then from my application i just call a command to send that email using the ID, along with my parameters. And somebody else (who is way better than me in this) is taking care of the sending, spam, opened/read etc. It works great, requires very little from my side, looks like it is ready to scale, I'm very happy!

Cons

The email editor is where i spend most of my mailjet time. It is very good, but could be even further improved. Working with variables could be better and easier, validation at the editor could help in avoiding errors later, etc. But again, the tool gets A today, and I'm asking for A+.

Luka B.

Nothing to add. The level of service and reliability is unparalleled.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, user friendly experience, statistics and its exporting. In 5 years of use, not one problem.

Cons

Sometimes the user interface is a bit sluggish, but i don't know, it might be a browser problem, because most of the times it runs without a problem.

Response from Mailjet

Hello,
thank you Luka for leaving us a review! We are glad you are happy with your experience on Mailjet for 5 years now :)

Thanks again and have a good week!

Steven J.

Faultless Service

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

It's a solid relay service which I can wholeheartedly recommend.

Pros

It's an excellent mail service that I've had zero problems with. No outages, nothing. Which means I have no headache in trying to get something to work or maintain it.

Cons

Nothing, I honestly can't think of anything other than it's not free, but I pay a pittance for what I do get to use, which I can't complain about because it's so well priced.

Ioana maria P.

I would not recommend it, Mailjet is a frustrating experience

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Learning to control my frustrations easier :)

Pros

- cheap, compared to other email marketing tools
- customer support was not that bad

Cons

I would have a lot to write here. Here's a few:
- server breaks down often and the entire platform is unreachable (therefore, you can not send your newsletters in due time)
- poor templates, compared to other email marketing tools (no html editing available, only import)
- a looot of small, frustrating errors (faulty reports, empty reports exactly when you need them, the test email not being sent, changes in templates not saved and you have no clue why)
- no auto-clean option for the contact lists
- quite poor segmentation options for the contact lists

Response from Mailjet

Ioana Maria,
we are sorry to hear that your experience on Mailjet was frustrating.
As you said, we do offer a very competitive price, but we do our best to remain an accessible and reliable platform. That¿s why customer feedbacks are highly valuable.
We constantly improve our template gallery, this said, we take your remark into consideration and forward it to our design team.
About the html, you can already upload & modify your templates on Mailjet. More infos about this here: https://www.mailjet.com/docs/templates#templates-create-gallery

We would love to get in touch with you for a more detailed feedback on the issues you experienced. Don¿t hesitate to contact us on FB https://www.facebook.com/mailjet
Also, our support is available for any request regarding a problem you face with our service. We are sure we can walk you through solving any situation you may have.

Thank you for taking the time to review us & we hope to see you soon again on Mailjet!

2.0/10
Marko A.

Mailjet for hosting company

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

We are using mailjet services for years, we are hosting company so we send big ammounts of mails, before we started using mailjet, our mails went to spam, and we have been oftenly listed in spamhaus dbl, but since using mailjet, we do not have that problem, and our mail score is now good.

Pros

Its easy to use, simple, and cheap for ammount of mail they offer.

Cons

I couldnt find option to read sent mail (to see mail content).

I thought it was going to be difficult to setup but it was a breeze!

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

The biggest benefit is of course to be able to mass mail without having an issue with getting your own email server liste.

Pros

The thing I like most is that as a service it just works, the end. I have never had any service related issues from Mailjet.

Cons

I hate to say nothing but so far I have had no complaints with the product or the service. So far all has been exactly as promised.

Vincenzo M.

Higher-quality service at lower price

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

I have a better delivery about all e-mail messages.

Pros

I like the ease of use. I would like to Mailjet improves backend area implementing differents wizard tools. For first, I believe it's important send directly e-mail from admin panel.

Cons

I don't like how "relay" works. Each e-mail message is delivered just like a newsletter subscription.

Andrea G.

We have tested different services for email delivery, Mailjet is the best IMHO

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

Pros

Deliverabilty is very high, webhooks and callback for bounces if fantastic, history of delivery by user is a great debugging tool

Cons

We have used a bandwidth based delivery service (instead of credits) in the last years and this model is more suitable for us because we have a lot of email but we are not worried about delivery times

Francesco G.

Powerful and easy

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Pros

High deliverability, good configuration options, good account management interface, very good support.

Cons

Some unexpected blocked emails recently, apparently with no reason; not so easy browsing details of the stats.

Response from Mailjet

Hello Francesco,
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are happy you like your experience with us.
Have a nice day!

Zoran D.

Something about new changes

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I would like that your manager try to work one month serious business campaign with this software after newest changes.

Pros

I am long time with this software. I am familiar with all functions.

Cons

I have contacts divided in groups. I open on group of contacts and inspect each contact separate. When discover that one contact in group ACTIVE is no more active, I want to send this contact in other group. Until yesterday near mail address, I have option SEND TO. Click at this option and in drop down menu I have opportunity to chose among all groups of contacts. Click at one of them and my contact is copied in new group for example - NOT SO ACTIVE. You are cut very useful function for managing. Why?

4.0/10
Rj N.

Mailjet has been perfect as a mail relay.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

I don't have to maintain my own e-mail relay and don't have to worry about my e-mail bouncing.

Pros

The best thing about Mailjet is that it just works (for my purposes) - it's very easy to setup and very easy to get SPF/DKIM working properly. It also provides insight into how your mail is being delivered which is great for both marketing insight and troubleshooting.

Cons

The DKIM key length is not user adjustable (to my knowledge) and longer than one my registrar's (namecheap) supports.