Turbine Reviews

Turbine

Simple online purchase orders, expenses and time off records

5/5 (6 reviews)
Sean S.

TurbineHQ is Awesome ... We Will Start Using it Again

Reviewed on 2015/12/23
Review Source

My non-profit company actively used Turbine's purchase order application from June of 2014 through February of 2015. We discontinued using Turbine because there was no way to delete "completed" purchase orders and our account got very cluttered. We never cancelled our account, and when I logged in to do research for this review, I noticed that there is now a "delete" option for each order. I don't know if this feature existed in the past and we overlooked it, but that seems unlikely since the "delete" button is quite prominently displayed. Whatever the case, our company will resume using TurbineHQ to organize and prioritize our future purchases now that our biggest problem with the application has been solved.

Pros

Easy to learn/use
Affordable pricing
Different permission/approval levels
Lots of space for notes/adding coupon codes

Cons

Does not add exact date of creation/approval/completion of purchase orders. Employees must remember to add a note with the date any time there is a status change.

Response from Turbine

Thanks for the kind review and helpful feedback.

By design, we don't allow people to delete 'completed' purchase orders to prevent fraud. You can delete POs prior to approval however, which is the delete button is sometimes visible and sometimes not. However, you can use the filter menu to hide completed POs from your views to reduce clutter. Also, on request to [email protected] we can add a no-cost customisation to your account to allow admin users to delete completed POs. The system does indeed store the exact date of creation/approval/completion for each request - you can see it by in the comments audit trail under the request. Just hover your mouse of the time stamp, ie where it says 'yesterday' or 'last week' and you'll get the exact time and date.

David B.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2017/05/19

A great approval system overall!

Pros

Just about everything is good with this product, it's easy to use good looking interface and the approval system is well done.

Cons

Sometimes the site does take a long time to respond to us but I just figure that's the internet lag from Europe to the US, I wish the print button would print pdf's all around instead of the webpage that it prints from the print menu. You have to export to PDF and then print that for a cleaner looking form. But it's a great product overall.

Response from TurbineHq

Thanks for the great review and for the helpful feedback about PDFs.

Dj P.

Turbine - Excellent Product, Flexible and Responsive Company

Reviewed on 2014/06/12

Turbine is all about ease of use through simple, efficient, wonderful design. While the product itself has been rock solid for us, there have been a few instances where we have asked support if something was possible. Turbine support has been extremely responsive and when we anticipate hearing a "no, that's not possible", most times we get "no problem, it's done for you". In my opinion, this is the mark of a great, forward thinking company. They offer a tremendous value to institutions and you would be hard pressed to find something better.

Response from TurbineHq

We're very glad you like Turbine and that it's helping the school. Thank you for the great review.

Simple PO Tracking

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/02/20
Review Source

Pros

Ability to set up multiple projects and have separate accounts for each project. I used it to keep track of expenses of several different manufactured prototypes going on at the same time. It was super easy to track everything and attach receipts for each purchase with each PO.

Cons

Not really a con, more of an end user error. I had kept everything digital in TurbineHQ and when Tax time rolled around and I needed access to my expenses to print, I had to re-subscribe for a month to access my expenses for a single day as I had let the subscription run out as I didn't have a every month need for the software.

Rob H.

Delighted with Service so far - Simple to set up and use along with quick responses from Support

Reviewed on 2016/01/27

I signed up for Turbine for a free trial in December 15. This gave me me time to configure our company settings and test the product before making the decision to go onto the paid subscription in January.

So far the service has been excellent. Set up is simple and any queries around the software have always been responded to within a day.

I would highly recommend at least trying the free demo.

Response from TurbineHq

Rob, thank you for the kind words about Turbine. It's been a pleasure working with you to get you set up on the system. Matthew

Matthew S.

Perfect time off tool for marketing agency

Reviewed on 2014/05/30

We use Turbine here to track employee holidays, sick leave as well as expenses claims. It's perfect because people can use their own computers, phones or tablets to submit requests and the built-in workflows send them to their managers for approval. It's easy, efficient and saves a lot of time.