BambooHR

4.6 (2,830)
Write a Review!
Everything works together in one platform.

(2,830)
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.5/5

Easy to Use HRIS

Reviewed on 2022/08/04

I love Bamboo! Very happy with it, and excited to see what the future holds.

I love Bamboo! Very happy with it, and excited to see what the future holds.

Pros

The product is very easy to use. The customer support is incredible. The system is aesthetically pleasing. Bamboo listens to feedback and is always updating and releasing new features based on customer feedback.

Cons

Some features are not the most robust. Time tracking and reporting specifically. Bamboo does not have built-in scheduling. The employee notes feature could be more like applicant notes (replies, attachments, email notifications).

Humanity and Deputy

UKG Ready

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Ease of use, better customer support, better features.
Sarah

BambooHR is a comprehensive and easy-to-use HR software

Reviewed on 2023/11/13

In terms of HR functions, BambooHR handles everything. Our human resources department and management can benefit much from this system. BambooHR serves many uses for many divisions. Every day, the human resources team uses BambooHR because it is quick, simple, and easy to use.

Pros

This HR management system is both feature-rich and user-friendly. The user interface is made user- and administrator-friendly. The site is user-friendly, and my staff appreciates how straightforward the features are.

Cons

One of BambooHR's less enticing characteristics, in my opinion, is its pricing structure. We are a very young company, thus cost-effectiveness is of paramount importance. Unfortunately, it appears that BambooHR's rates are out of reach for startups like ours.

Lucien

Bamboo HR is a fantastic HRIS tool for a business looking to enhance their people & HR...

Reviewed on 2024/05/14

Bamboo was a brilliant tool to use to get us into using HRIS and introducing HR to our business. It ultimately didn't scale to our needs as we exploded as a company but we couldn't have got where we are today without it.

Pros

Bamboo HR was incredibly simple to implement with excellent documentation which enabled us to have Bamboo set up very quickly. It is definitely one of the most user friendly tools and we implemented this without a HR team so that shows how intuitive the platform is. Bamboo HR also has a fantastic array of integrations which is pretty critical. We used Officevibe and then Lattice for peformance management so we seamlessly integrated this tying together our tech stack.

Cons

Bamboo HR lacked a lot of features that we needed as we started scaling. We moved to Rippling due to a number of limitations with the Bamboo platform like password management, a stronger ATS etc so we could vertically consolidate our stack under one platform.

Christopher

Not As Efficient as Anticipated

Reviewed on 2024/03/28

It's a step up from what our company was doing previously, but we definitely need to consider moving into a different HR software.

Pros

Once you finally construct an HR new hire packet to your liking, the rest of the process for onboarding is easy. PTO tracking is a simple feature to use as well.

Cons

-The system does not flag a candidate with duplicate SSN's, ID information etc. This is a critical downfall. A candidate can create several duplicate profiles with different emails or phone numbers to get around being classified as "not eligible for rehire". If you use this system, please be sure your staff does their due diligence to compare similar names, and middle names.
-Customer service is dreadful. Rather than specifically identifying your concern and providing a solution - your situation gets referenced to one of their articles. Then the ETA for an actual solution is left to ambiguity.
-Their system bugs often; For example, I just cleared my inbox today, and it's still prompting me on open tasks needing my attention.

Eric
  • Industry: Machinery

BambooHR Works

Reviewed on 2024/03/01

I have used other platforms in the past and Bamboo is easy to use, navigate and deploy to users.

Pros

Bamboo is easy to use and the interaction with employees, potential employees and applicants is makes my job and that of the team simple. The reports Bamboo generates are easy to create, access and modify.

Cons

I would like Bamboo to have and allow for text communication and not just email. Most employees reply and respond to their mobile devices.

Mirko

Powerful HR Capabilities With BambooHR

Reviewed on 2024/05/01

Pros

BambooHR makes employee engagement easy and handles most HR issues including payroll and recruiting.

Cons

BambooHR is quick, effective and well equipped - no complaints.

Xandria

BambooHR is GREAT!

Reviewed on 2024/05/08

Pros

Customer service- Always very nice and timing is great. They listen to your needs and applies changes

Cons

Rehiring process- They do not have access to BambooHR until the actually date of hire to complete their onboarding task

Keith

Review of Bamboo

Reviewed on 2024/05/07

Love the ability to manage staff. I use it to plan for birthdays and anniversaries. I use it on a daily basis to manage attendance and providing documented coaching.

Pros

I love the ability to have centralized location to manage my employees. I use the program on a daily basis and use it to plan staffing.

Cons

Minimal training resources to engage employees in conducting customer service business objections.

ash

Good Product

Reviewed on 2024/05/14

easy to use platform that does what any business need from a HR and or staff management platform.

Pros

easy to use for any level of user or management. good UX overall

Cons

nothing i can think of always jus does what we need

Cyndi
  • Industry: Legal Services

Financial Analyst Take on Bamobb

Reviewed on 2024/05/24

Overall: Bamboo has been a tremendous help to our organization and we are very happy with our decision

Pros

I am easily able to run reports and obtain most of the information I need

Cons

The inability to create my own reports and the limited reporting option is a huge problem for me.

Jeff
Jeff

Bamboo HR, a slick but severely limited recruiting software

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

As stated, the BHR system is a recruiters dream and makes the talent acquisition process easier for those businesses that are only using the job boards to get applicants. Just don't expect much more after that.

Pros

The look an feel of BambooHR (BHR) is amazing! Its almost like Facebook for recruiting. It is very intuitive for what it does and offers to the administrator and end user. The applicant tracking system is very easy to use and goes the extra mile with automation and thoughtfulness concerning on-boarding and then " flowing" into the core HRIS. The BHR system was chosen by a previous HR professional that clearly had a recruiting bias. Although important, more vetting should have been done to make a sound choice for long term success regarding the needs of a small to mid-size business.

Cons

Beyond what I described above there is limited functionality without also purchasing and integrating other systems through a "bolt-on" approach. By "Bolt-on" I mean that BHR will not automate between the core HR system of BHR and a timekeeping system, a payroll system, benefits administration system, leave administration system. The ability to have a robust system is possible but is not practical or cost effective with BambooHR. In order to get a full platform, covering the full life cycle of and employee, through BHR, a business would have to pay upwards of 30-40 dollars per employee per month. Simply put other options are available and far more robust with better long term results for less money- See my review of APS Payroll for an example.

APS Payroll, Paycom, ADP Workforce Now, Namely and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Price and lack of proper education as to the actual functionality and potential cost of the system beyond on-boarding.
Rikki

Huge Promoter of BambooHR

Reviewed on 2022/02/10

I generally come into Companies as an HR Leader somewhere between 50 and 100 employees and Bamboo is a simple implementation and give not only me every tool I need to do my job, but also helps other teams as far as reporting and accountability is concerned. It's everything I could as for and more.

Pros

I have implemented BambooHR as our primary HRIS system at 3 companies now. Bamboo is so intuitive training is a breeze. Whenever anything pops up I don't have an answer to Help desk is an IM away. Reporting cannot be beat. Hands down the easiest most intuitive HRIS our there for HR Professionals and Employees.

Cons

I wish there were more options within the review portal. Like having the ability to do quarterly assessments AND a formal annual assessment that combines all the quarterlies. Even though we have a quarterly assessment process at our Company people also want to traditional annual and we have to do that all manually outside of the system currently.

Paycom, ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Bamboo allows us a lot of flexibility to design it the way that works best for our company and our people that's didn't wrap us into anything additional we didn't want or need.
  • Industry: Higher Education

BambooHR is delicious!

Reviewed on 2022/02/18

We've been able to create tables to house our faculty credentials for tracking and reporting purposes. The signature documents and workflow has helped us reduce the time to create, email, and record faculty contract from several hours to 15 minutes. The eNPS survey has been a great way to monitor employee engagement every six months. We take the feedback provided in that survey and other communication channels and have made improvements in a number of areas that are important to staff and faculty.

Pros

If I were a Panda (HR Administrator), I'd eat BambooHR every day. It's delicious compared to other common HR software forage I've tried. The modern look and feel of BambooHR is terrific. Our staff love the look and ease of use. As a one person HR team with 250 employees, BambooHR makes payroll, performance management, time tracking, and attendance a breeze. Take a nibble and taste the difference!

Cons

The two items as an HR admin. that can be time consuming and a frustration are tracking training and benefit administration. It would be amazing if BambooHR would integrate with training platforms for single sign-on and training status updates on the employee profile. We use a third part benefits administration platform for benefits enrollment. They take care of the file feeds to carriers and billing. Any changes on that platform then must be updated in BambooHR for the deductions to roll over to payroll. The extra steps take time and can lead to error.

Paycom

Easy of use and cost.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Ease of use, ability to customize, and straightforward pricing model.
Italia
  • Industry: Events Services

BambooHR makes our work easier!

Reviewed on 2022/12/01

I overall loved the whole experience, from the introduction, sales/acquisition of the software, to the onboarding and data transfer. The Salesperson and Project Manager of our account made us feel decided about Bamboo from the very first approach. We feel candidate onboarding and administration of our personnel in the Company has become much more manageable.

Pros

What I like the most about Bamboo is that tracking PTO, benefits, and celebrations is much easier compared to other software we've used before. This unique "social network" design has made it user-friendly for our employees regardless of their age.

Cons

What I didn't love is that we couldn't find integration with LinkedIn for job postings. We had to use LinkedIn externally for recruiting.

Lattice

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

We needed a more accurate / visible PTO tracking.

TriNet Zenefits

Price, features
Sara
Sara
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

BambooHr is the most intuitive HR software available

Reviewed on 2023/07/27

My company had a lot of manual processes before we started using Bamboo. Bamboo simplified these procedures and freed up time that I could put toward other responsibilities. A certification tracking system was recently implemented. It wasn't as easy to set up as I'd hoped, but with the help of customer service, we're all set up and everyone (including managers) is getting reminders about upcoming courses and certifications.

Pros

As an HR manager, BambooHR equips me with resources to improve workers' lives on the job. In times of need, I receive prompt assistance from BambooHR. Simply put, Bamboo HR is a joy to work with. It's user-friendly enough for small businesses without a human resources department to implement and utilize with no training.

Cons

If we had a little more leeway, we could replace the generic performance assessment questions with ones specific to our company.

Bethany

BambooHR makes my work life so much easier!!

Reviewed on 2023/09/21

Overall, very happy with BambooHR’s performance!! I recommend it to anyone who I know could benefit from it. Streamlines so many aspects of my day to day - hiring, onboarding, time clock, employee performance management, payroll, employee pulse surveys, .. the list goes on!

Pros

Easy time-trackingPhone app makes it easy for coworkers to check time card Company-wide announcements (alert on phone if you have the app) Personnel documents all stored in one placeCan push out new procedures that require a signature after the coworker reviewsStreamlines the onboarding process Hiring platform is convenient and you can build templates for scheduling phone screenings and interviews You can process payroll right in BambooHRAttendance notes – we set it so that coworkers can see them, but you can keep them hiddenNotes – we set it so managers and admin can see those notes, but not the coworker. Good for documenting verbal warnings

Cons

If you have a custom general ledger or another payroll report, they will build it for you, but it takes awhile to get it all sorted out We don’t pay the extra fee for benefits administration through BambooHR since we already use Employee Navigator through our benefits management group. (I have to manually select the benefits the coworkers choose to update their payroll deductions)

Rick

Do What you do best and Outsource the rest ... to BambooHR.

Reviewed on 2022/02/14

We simple don't have employee related issues falling through the cracks anymore. Now our managers have time to actually visit with and get to know our people rather than fumbling through bureaucratic gunk to make sure we're "legal".

Pros

BambooHR is super simple and easy to use. The software and the people behind it truly live up to the mission of allowing me to do what I do best (which is not HR management.)

Cons

Nothing to report in this section. BambooHR does exactly what I want it to.

Sage Construction Suite and QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

BambooHR allowed us to have our employee information at our fingertips rather than in another party's hands. If I need information I simply pull the report or look it up instead of asking for the information from someone else. The last thing we looked into was cost and it turned out that BambooHR is about 25% of what we were paying the accounting firm. That made it a "no-brainer"...better access to data, easier to use, additional resources for managing benefits, onboarding, training, compensation...for less money.

Ease of use.
Lesley

Thank you BambooHR!

Reviewed on 2022/02/24

The reporting tool is excellent. It has allowed us to analyse sickness and timeoff especially over the last 2 years during the pandemic. We also used API to access everyone's phone number to send a text message update at the start of the pandemic to let everyone know what course we were taking. On a broader note, the Employee Survey has given us areas to address and we are improving our eNPS score every 6 months, which is great for employee engagement. We have recently started using the Hiring function which is proving very popular with the management team, allowing them to record their comments and share with others their thoughts on CVs and candidates, as well as being able to email the candidate through BambooHR, making an offer and onboarding. Great to have this functionality all in one place, it makes for a more efficient process.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and employees love using it. We have integrated it with other applications which works well allowing us to keep track of training. Best use has been through Time Off, Perfomance Management, Hiring, Onboarding/Offboarding, eNPS Employee Satisfaction Surveys and the reporting is excellent. Also, very happy with help and support you get from the BambooHR team. I have asked for additinal tabs to track secruity clearances and various other things, nothing is too much trouble.

Cons

I would like to see the 'signature' aspects improved. I have starting using this a lot, but have issues with not being able to access external emails for contract signing capability. Also, when my forms are being completed, during the process of going from one person to another, the text runs off the form. It corrects itself once the final signature is complete, but this could be vital information which is missed by the final signer.

Christine

BambooHR Gets the Job Done for a Small business Organization

Reviewed on 2022/05/31

Overall, I am very happy with using BambooHR. The employee self serve system is user-friendly and easy to use. Employees love BambooHR compared to our last system. It is a big improvement. Employees also like the mobile app. It gives employees and managers the ability to keep track of employee information anytime and anywhere.

Pros

As a one-person HR shop, BambooHR has made my professional life easier. The system is designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It is a web-based workforce solution that offers a variety of tools and features, like HRIS, applicant tracking, benefits management, onboarding, offboarding, leave tracking, customizable fields, reports, access levels, and more. It combines a multitude of HR functions into a single application. It effectively automated basic HR workflow, allowing me to spend more time on other crucial tasks. Forms are online and it has eliminated a lot of paper.

The customer support is very good.

Cons

I am not a fan of the new benefits upgrade. Only time will tell if it has helped me or not. I would like to see a total rewards compensation statement. All the data is in the system. It would be helpful to give employees annual total compensation statements.

Corpay One

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

BambooHR is user-friendly. Employees can go into the system and find what the need very easily. IRI's president told me he loves BambooHR.
Jennifer

Best HR Product I Have Used

Reviewed on 2022/12/09

Setting up and using signed document features - super easy, allows simple tracking of who has signed.

Pros

We are a small-mid-sized business and this product makes managing people and processes very easy for the administrators and the users. User feedback is that the product is intuitive and easy to navigate.Service has always been stellar!

Cons

Features continue to be added and I am sure the one I want most will come in due time but I would love to be able to file documents with recruitments that are not connected to an applicant. Things like approval forms and interview question templates.

Dayforce HCM

Humi

Cost, interface, service
Zubairu
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

My BambooHR Honest Reviews

Reviewed on 2023/02/23

Overall, BambooHR is a comprehensive and user-friendly HR management software with excellent customer support and reporting capabilities. However, its limited integration options, high pricing, and limited customization options may not be suitable for all organizations.

Pros

BambooHR is a popular human resources management software that offers a range of features designed to streamline HR processes and improve employee management.Here are some this I mostly like about this software:User-friendly interface: BambooHR has an intuitive interface that is easy to navigate, making it easy to manage employee data, track performance, and run reports.Comprehensive HR features: BambooHR offers a range of HR features, including payroll, time tracking, applicant tracking, onboarding, and performance management, all in one platform.Customizable options: BambooHR can be customized to fit the unique needs of your organization, allowing you to add custom fields, workflows, and reports.Strong reporting capabilities: BambooHR provides extensive reporting options that allow you to generate data-driven insights into HR metrics, such as employee engagement and performance.Good customer support: BambooHR provides excellent customer support, including a knowledge base, training resources, and live chat support.

Cons

Limited integration options: BambooHR has limited integration options with other software, which can make it difficult to sync data with other business tools.Expensive pricing: BambooHR can be expensive, especially for smaller businesses, as the pricing is based on the number of employees.Limited customization options: While BambooHR can be customized to fit the unique needs of your organization, there are some limitations to the customization options available.Limited mobile app functionality: While BambooHR has a mobile app, it has limited functionality, which can be frustrating for employees who need to access HR information on-the-go.Limited recruiting features: BambooHR's recruiting features are somewhat limited compared to other recruiting-specific software on the market.

Jennifer

Streamlined HR Management

Reviewed on 2024/03/04

As an HR professional, my experience with BambooHR has been positive. The platform has significantly streamlined our processes.

Pros

As an HR professional tasked with managing various aspects of employee documentation and time tracking, I've found BambooHR to be an invaluable tool for streamlining our processes. The platform offers a comprehensive solution for managing employee documents and timekeeping, making our workflow significantly more efficient.
With BambooHR, all employee documents are seamlessly sent out and stored within the platform. This not only eliminates the hassle of manual document distribution but also ensures that our records are centralized and easily accessible when needed.
Additionally, the ability for employees to clock in or enter their hours directly on the Bamboo platform has been a game-changer for our organization. Gone are the days of manual timesheets and potential errors in time tracking. With BambooHR, employees can conveniently log their hours from anywhere, whether they're in the office or working remotely. This not only promotes accountability but also provides us with real-time insights into our workforce's productivity and attendance.
BambooHR has transformed the way we manage our HR processes, providing us with a centralized platform for document management and time tracking.

Cons

Currently, BambooHR limits employees to being assigned to only one project at a time. It poses limitations for those with more dynamic project structures or employees who contribute to multiple initiatives simultaneously.

It would be highly beneficial if BambooHR could incorporate the ability to assign employees to multiple projects concurrently. This feature would provide organizations with greater flexibility in allocating resources and tracking employee contributions across different projects.

Christina
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Middle of the road software that needs improvement

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

We are currently researching other HR software. I'm not sure which is better, software that contains the modules needed with obvious and crippling flaws or software that is easy to use both by admin and employees with limited modules.

Pros

The idea of on-boarding a new employee electronically is a huge plus. It engages employees before they start and makes it so that they come in with paperwork already filled out and spend their first day doing more than just paperwork.
Most of the framework is in place, but EACH area needs improvement, both in the functionality for administration and the ease of use for employees. The sections offered are vital, but aren't complete.

Cons

The benefits area is lacking a lot of common sense tools - like the ability to attach plan documents to an insurance plan (only a link can be used), display plan cost information to an employee BEFORE they sign up (the pricing is only available AFTER they sign up and become eligible). Many things like this create double the amount of work for the administrator.
The actual on-boarding process was a struggle because even though the forms were done properly by the employees (I sat with a few and watched them), it didn't save all information in completed fields. Employees were frustrated when they had to fill out forms multiple times because you cannot edit once saved.
I love that employees can e-sign documents, but preparing the forms is cumbersome and they can't be customized easily. For instance, if you need to update a form because something has changed or didn't save properly, you have to delete the task and resend to any employees who need an updated form.
When I discussed a few very basic items with support, they just offered a work around that many clients use. These are obvious flaws in the system that need to be addressed, but aren't necessarily a priority. Bamboo HR seems to focus more on flashy design than actual content. It makes them seem like a leader in the industry, but as soon as you dig in, the flaws are obvious.
For the price, there needs to be more development in the software.

Bamboo HR keeps me sane and in compliance.

Reviewed on 2022/11/01

Pros

I am not an HR professional, I am a nonprofit executive Director and an organization that grew from one staff to 20 in about a year and a half. I don’t really know what I’m doing often. Human resources is one of those things that i could not justify hiring for. We have a board member who is an HR professional, and two lawyers on our board, so if things did get crazy, I knew I had people to keep me in compliance legally with the situation, but I needed some help with the day today. We have three physical locations and bamboo helps ensure that we don’t have important, confidential documents getting lost. Managers can update things in real time and it is amazing. We use the integrated payroll, pay traX, because honestly I’m lazy and why would I do more work when my time is valuable. I love being able to do the performance reviews and satisfaction surveys. I love the asset management feature so I can keep copies of peoples drivers licenses, even shirt sizes, and of course the training that they do.

Cons

Bamboo is a little spendy, but honestly you can’t afford not to invest in it.

Bambee

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Bambee was expensive and seemed inferior
David

They understand and support customers

Reviewed on 2022/02/15

Extremely receptive, understanding company, who want to support HR and provide easy-to-use, clear tools for daily HR tasks. They even educate the HR company through their annual virtual summit, which has become one of the very best as they know the most relevant topics and attract the best speakers ... and it's free to register.

Pros

I found BambooHR very easy to set up, with a very clear, clean interface, a great mobile app and very easy to use for the employees. I am very impressed with the ease with which I was able to set up time-off policies and performance management, and the applicant tracking system is simple and collaborative. A great strength of Bamboo is the customer service - everybody I have spoken to is communicative, responsive, helpful, knowledgable - they seem to genuinely want to help. Their help documentation is very good and they keep clients up to date monthly with product developments and tips via video. Setting up forms for e-signature is awesome, and the newly introduced COVID tracker and storage of information has sensibly (and for legal reasons) been separated from other HR files.

Cons

I'd like to see more flexibility in creating sub-folders for file storage, and integrations with more payroll providers and the time-tracking could use a little more development, but I do like that Bamboo continues to improve in all these aspects and that stops me jumping ship even when there are limitations.