BambooHR Reviews

4.5/5 (14 reviews)
Keith S.

Customized for my needs!

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

HR tracking with on-boarding and off-boarding tools.

Pros

Powerful HR software that can really be customized to my needs. Hiring tools, on-boarding, and off-boarding have been powerful tools for a small company looking to reduce liability without adding personnel. Customizable reports, integration with accounting, and notifications for the important things. Employee portal creates paperless enrollment in provided benefits as well as reports and access to important personal information.

Cons

It is a large financial commitment that may take some time to realize the benefits. Improvements to the mobile app would be nice as it lacks the many features that would benefit the employee.

Do not sleep on this software. This software is a dream come true for connecting HR to the team.

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Once we were able to customize the software, I wouldn't use anything else for HR. I absolutely loved using Bamboo.

Pros

I like how full featured the software is, from keeping people in the know with on boarding, who is new, who is out, time off, document uploads and organization. This software is a one stop shop for HR.

Cons

I felt that the reporting filters could be a bit more robust and full featured. I would like to see more filter options on the reporting side to better hone in on more specific aspects.

This has changed how we do HR!

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

We recently implemented this to track time off. It has made it so much easy for us to track who is out and their accruals.
The employee review module is great
The app is fantastic makes it easy to approve time off requests on the go
It works with motivosity another product we use

Cons

Customizing the app can be a little difficult
A user can not have 2 managers. In our organization people have multiple managers so we have to split them up.

Zack S.

BambooHR is a Solid Recruiting Tool, But Missing Some Features

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Easy to use for writing job descriptions and collecting resumes

Pros

Overall, BambooHR is easy to use for recruiting, has a lot of customized options for writing job descriptions and customizing what is required in order for an applicant to apply.

The tool also has a handy feature where it makes it easy to view your company's org chart, and quickly change/view your own personal info.

Cons

I primarily use BambooHR for recruiting purposes at a remote marketing agency, and the software doesn't allow me to list a position as report - I need to choose a physical location.

I've also had some issues with the built-in email systems, where attachments were disappearing from emails I sent to applicants. This is relatively easy to work around, but annoying nonetheless.

Kristen S.

User Friendly - Great to Manage Our HR Needs

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/02/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Customer Service is great and very helpful. Love having all our HR needs in one place without having to hire a new employee.

Pros

Great product to manage our HR needs. Helped in tracking our employees hours and was super easy to navigate through. Tracking and requesting vacation time was easy. Updating and adding personal information was easy. Training videos are awesome and easy to follow.

Cons

There is no expense feature. I also struggle with it being cloud based, but have not had an issue with it so far. I would like if it could integrate with our scheduling software. Also reviews should be able to be completed more than once a year.

Michael W.

Simple time off tracking online portal

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/07/17

We use it to track vacation time.

Pros

It's very easy to view your balance of vacation or other types of days off work. Scheduling time off is also very simple.

Cons

There's no problems with it. It performs its job of scheduling time off very well.

Mavares P.

Organize your administration effectively

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Organize fast and safe

Pros

Excellent orderly and friendly platform through which it is possible to configure the subsequent execution of the main organizational requirements, both employees and management, since it allows both ends to keep their equipment updated, thus reducing human errors

Cons

The support staff is always attentive to any questions, but some of the questions try to answer them through tutorials, which, in many cases, create more doubts.

Jeff W.

Slick Recruiting, Starter HRIS

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

This is actually making data gathering & dump from recruiting much easier. Customer service is helpful until you start asking questions about price to add options. Then it's no bueno.

Pros

User friendly. Very employee friendly on the very basics.

Cons

Anything passed onboarding has to be purchased at a premium. No time keeping, benefits administration, payroll, performance management w/o paying a big premium PEPM; for each.

0.0/10

Best User-Friendly HR software!

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

My company uses BambooHR and it has many great features like it offers an employee self-Onboarding feature that allows new hires to complete HR Forms before even their start day and many such small but unique features. All of our documents are kept on there, along with company updates.

Cons

No issues as of yet. We just recently adopted this new software in the last 3 months. So far, so good!

Jim H.

Simple Design With Good Features But Cannot Scale

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

We are efficiently and relatively easily accomplishing our payroll related goals.

Pros

Working for a large company we find that our payroll can get quite unwieldy. We implemented Bamboo and found that it's easy to use and is relatively simple in it's design.

Cons

The service does not scale well. When we looked to take it out of testing and implement we found that it had a lot of issues once we went to a larger scale.

6.0/10

Critical tool for multi-national companies

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Pros

This is my first time working for a company large enough to need an HR tool like BambooHR and it is amazing how often I use it. The employee map is critical to understand reporting hierarchy and for contact information of people you might not have daily contact with. We also used it for employee reviews and it worked well.

Cons

Once an employee review was submitted, there was no way to edit it besides going through HR admin. Should have more editing options for the end user.

Franz P.

my experience with BambooHR

Reviewed on 2019/06/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It seems an application with a great future if they continue updating and improving their functions

Pros

1) intuitive interface
2) Easy access to Reports
3) Excellent choice of user rating
4) Excellent customer service staff
5) the application is constantly updating

Cons

1) It is difficult to integrate with other systems, many data are loaded manually
2) very high cost

7.0/10
Kathy C.

This program is very user friendly.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ease of its use for myself and for employees. Teaching the program to new employees is very quick.

Cons

There wasn't a way to black out vacation times. We have busier times of the year in which we prefer our employees not to take their vacation time. There was no way to block these times out.

Marissa H.

Easy to use tool

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

I like the clean interface as well as the automation of requests like vacation time, professional development, sicks days, etc.

Cons

It's great for the end-user. It has everything I need to see, so there aren't really any negatives I can speak to.