1 212 reviews

1 212 reviews
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Robust tool, but we don’t use all the features

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

Overall positive experience. It serves the purpose for what I use with org chart, time off management, storing benefits and company policies, and direct report and personal profile info.

Pros

I am a user of BambooHR and find it useful to accessing the company org chart. I can search by name to see who sits on what team. This is helpful since my company is growing and hiring a lot of people. It can be confusing in a virtual setting to know what teams people are on, so I check frequently. I also like how easy it is to request time off and approve requests from the manager side. These are the main 2 functions I use.

Cons

I think my company isn’t using all the functionality and we have some disjointed systems, but that isn’t a fault of the tool. Since I use the org chart feature most, it would be great to be able to click into names and see a basic profile with their contact info.

Tj Z.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Cumbersome HR Processes Streamlined w/ BambooHR

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

BambooHR has revolutionized the way we do business. From top to bottom, our employees have nothing but great things to say about this software. Several cumbersome processes have been streamlined.
For example, Bamboohr's applicant tracking system has given us the platform to compete for candidates who are not only more qualified but who also fit our company culture. Finding the right folks has decreased turnover and saved on training costs. The APS has streamlined our applicant workflow process. For instance, HR and managers now have the ability to work together in reviewing and scheduling applicants. This alone has yielded more qualified candidates in half the time.
The PTO tracker is another Bamboohr feature our company absolutely loves. Prior to Bamboohr we used email and paper to track PTO. The double, sometimes triple, handling of requests was beyond frustrating. Employees now request off and receive their managers approval (or denial) within minutes. Employee records throughout the system are updated the moment their supervisor accepts his/her PTO request. Everyone enjoys managing their own PTO.
Employee on-boarding is another process streamlined through Bamboohr. Candidate information is transferred from the APS to their employee record the moment he/she is hired. We customized bamboohr's on-boarding checklist to fit our company's needs. Any person, whether HR, manager or new hire, can be assigned items within a template checklist. Once a person is hired, the assigned items will automatically generate notifications to the appropriate person. Check-list notifications may serve as simple reminders to more complex messages requiring electronic signatures. Bamboohr's electronic signature feature recently has allowed us to enjoy our first "paperless" on-boarding experience!!
BambooHR is without question a game changer.

Pros

APS is extremely effective. Sleek design gives companies competive advantgage.
PTO tracker via mobile app is a game changer
Paperless on-boarding is real!

Cons

none

Alvaro M.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Our HRM team loves this

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

HR tools in one place covering all HR functions and the entire employee lifecycle from applicant tracking, hiring, onboarding, performance reviews, clearance, movements, resignation, retirement... all in! The reporting tool is powerful enough, just make sure to have everything you need planned and mapped out so you can have it all set up by the vendor right from the bat. :)

Pros

Cloud-based HR software is less hassle to maintain for the internal IT team, and easy to manage for the HRM staff. It is full-featured, at least more than what we needed to manage the entire lifecycle of an employee (hiring, performance, records, training, timekeeping, movements, resignation, retirement, etc).

The tracking is easy and intuitive (e.g., how many leaves left/used, timekeeping record). The home/dashboard is attractive and easy to navigate. The digital HR 201 files are well kept in one secure place.

BambooHR is flexible and extensible to keep all the needed information for each employee.

Cons

Updates to the software come in too pricey.

The ability to add/remove custom fields and reports have to go through their customer support/channel. Therefore, make sure that you have everything already mapped out during your project planning and implementation for your company (to minimize change requests and additional cost).

David K.

BambooHR = HR Genius

Reviewed on 2016/09/06

Pros

Working with BambooHR has been an eye-opening experience into what life as and HR Professional is like without spreadsheets and paper processes. BambooHR's cloud-based HR platform allows you to recruit, hire and onboard new hires all within one complete system. Through their user friendly applicant tracking system the Hiring Managers are able to comment on candidates and pass them through to the hire process. Once a candidate is selected for hire the system has a built in onboarding package which you can customize for all new hires to include necessary paperwork such as (W-4s, I-9, and company information that can be signed electronically). BambooHR's platform also comes with an easy to use time off tracking system which allows employees and manager to easily track leave requests and a calendar to view when the corresponding team members are out of the office. Bamboo also allows the company to keep track of which benefits employees have elected to ensure compliance throughout the organization. Not to mention, there is a built in organizational chart which allows the employee to view the entire reporting structure of the company along with their direct reports and supervisors. Lastly BambooHR also offers additional apps and add-ons for performance review management which has made annual reviews a quick and painless process for managers and their employees.

Cons

The only thing that this product does not provide is a payroll service. BambooHR is purely and HRIS that will manage all of the company's human resource functions but does not serve as a payroll provider. However they do provide apps that allow select payroll providers to integrate with their software as well as those with customizeable API integrations.

Alexandra R.

Love Bamboo-ing!

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

We are a small company but found that general HR tasks were very time to consume and overwhelming since employees here wear multiple 'hats' -- BambooHR was just what we needed. For the price, this software has some great features and grows with the company. As a user, the company will also send out emails for training and other external events for interested parties - another great benefit of BambooHR!

Pros

So many features to make HR as easy as possible. Different training areas can be set up for multiple staff types, dashboard makes checking upcoming employee announcements easy to follow (such as time off, birthdays, anniversaries, etc). Enjoy the ease of uploading documentation into employee files as well as the employees having access to particular areas and documents (which can all be assigned by Admin). Additional software can be implemented and used right along with BambooHR - also a plus. The company sends out emails reporting pending updates to the software so we always feel like a part of the changes as they are occurring instead of after the fact.

Cons

While we love the ability to make pdf files editable, don't like the amount of time it takes to set them up. Once they are set up, they work great until an update of the document is needed - which means another set-up.
Offering current subscribers new products at a discount (or free) would be great. Since we are a smaller company, we can't often spend - spend - spend but BambooHR does offer continued options for subscribers.

Jessica B.

Helping small businesses make HR easier

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

It's a godsend for the hiring process. And it really helps us centralize where a lot of HR info lives. And being able to set up signature templates for forms and the onboarding/offboarding checklists are fantastic. But it's not the cheapest. Still with it though.

Pros

It's so great to have a centralized place to organize all this info. Before we were keeping things in hard copy folder, random folders on our server, etc. This is definitely more organized.

And I love the signature templates and the way you can set up an onboarding and offboarding process. For a small team like mine, you don't do that stuff very often, and now I can just click the "onboarding" button, instead of spending a few days trying to remember everything I need to do.

And OMG, it is a godsend for the hiring process. The way you can collect resumes, review canidates, rate them, leave comments, change their status based on where they are in the process, it's AMAZING. It has saved us HOURS and HOURS of time when hiring.

Cons

The cost is a little steep. And sometimes that hurts when people seem to keep forgetting that it's there for them to reference. And we pay extra for the reviews, which can be great when you use them, but they take so much time that sometimes we skip them.

Bryan P.

We're a growing company and BambooHR helped us really organize our HR processes

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

BambooHR helped us scale from 20-50 employees very quickly and efficiently. Without the software, we likely would've had to hire at least 1 person to coordinate everything. It saved us some costs there but it also helps us improve our employee experience through onboarding and performance management.

Pros

We hadn't used an HRIS before BambooHR so we didn't really know what to expect. We started using BambooHR when we were around 20 employees or so. In the last year or we, we've grown to 50 employees so their various features from ATS to onboarding to esignatures have really helped us grow quickly while providing a good employee experience.

Cons

It took me awhile to get comfortable with the permissions but I was very cautious since HR data is very private. Once I got the hang of it, I found it very customizable. I don't have any major cons - whenever I got stuck due to my lack of HR knowledge, their support team was there to help.

Diana P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

BambooHR rocks.

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

I am pleased with BambooHR, is much better than the previous HR tool my company used. It's more user friendly and uncomplicated. At a quick glance you can see which of your coworkers are out that day, the new hires and the work anniversaries of your colleagues.

Pros

BambooHR it's super easy to use to submit requests for home office, vacation leave, sick leave etc. I love how on my profile it shows an overview of my progress, my time with the company, the department and the team I'm part of. My company is spread out worldwide and I find it very useful how BambooHR shows a diagram of the whole company divided by departments and hierarchy so I can easily find out to which of my coworkers I need to reach out for different projects. Most of all I like that it's super easy to submit my performance review directly from BambooHR.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about BambooHR so far. I am pleased of how clear, simple and easy to use it is as compared to the previous HR tool that was used in my company.

John J.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Perfect for the small, upcoming business

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

The product also provides opportunities for performance managing your team by selecting the "Performance" package. This has helped keep a pulse on our company's engagement and loyalty. Great product!

Pros

The program is very easy to use and is quite intuitive. You have the ability to customize many options. BambooHR does a nice job of sending out monthly feature updates that keep the HR team up to date and knowledgeable. There are several vendors that will work well with the BambooHR platform as well. These vendors include but are not limited to payroll and benefits. They are fun and helpful with their customer service. Great product for the price point!

Cons

I would like the option to customize our organizational chart to be easier to use. It seems clunky at this point. Otherwise I have zero complaints!

Tori S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Making HR So Much Easier!

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

I absolutely love this product. I hadn't used it until my current company and I am really happy to be able to utilize it. There are so many great features and I love it.

Pros

My favorite feature is the Org Chart. Since we are completely remote right now, it is more critical than ever to know where and how people fit into the org. I reference the org chart all the time to understand who I am talking to and working with! I love that you can look up all employees and also see how they fit into the org (Who they report to, who else is on their team, etc.). I also love that you can see your compensation history in your employee profile so you can see how you have progressed over time. It's a incredibly handy feature!

Cons

The org chart is SO SLOW to load. I wish it were much faster. However, I do understand the bigger we get, it is going to slow down, but it is 2021! We should be able to load this in a heartbeat! I also wish you could zoom in (or make bigger) on employee photos. Sometimes the quality is so low I can't really get a feel for what someone looks like and need it bigger!

Angela H.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Great for a small business

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

their support is fast & easy to work with. they usually answer the question the first time

Pros

I like that employees can see their time off balances and how they used their time. This reduces the questions I have to answer. I also like the electronic signatures that they introduced.

Cons

the permissions can get a bit complicated. I wish they had a default admin level that let someone do everything but payroll and one that allowed someone do payroll without being a full admin.

Kathy H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Love BambooHR!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

BambooHR has made my life as an HR/Talent Acquisition professional so much easier! I have more time to concentrate on other important day to day duties. Thank you, BambooHR!

Pros

- Easy to use ATS
- Customer service is professional and top notch. The employees genuinely seem like they're happy working there!
- They have payroll now! We switched from ADP to their payroll because it's just that much easier having everything on one interface.
- They partner with a bunch of companies for expense reporting, time keeping, health insurance, training, etc. so you can add the services you'd like.
- Affordable for the quality you receive.

Cons

- BambooHR is a fairly new so there are a few links but they do their best to make improvements and listen to their customers. They even come out with a monthly newsletter that touches on improvements they've made in the month and improvements they plan to make for the upcoming month.

Keith S.

Customized for my needs!

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

HR tracking with on-boarding and off-boarding tools.

Pros

Powerful HR software that can really be customized to my needs. Hiring tools, on-boarding, and off-boarding have been powerful tools for a small company looking to reduce liability without adding personnel. Customizable reports, integration with accounting, and notifications for the important things. Employee portal creates paperless enrollment in provided benefits as well as reports and access to important personal information.

Cons

It is a large financial commitment that may take some time to realize the benefits. Improvements to the mobile app would be nice as it lacks the many features that would benefit the employee.

Mojdee B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Excellent HR platform for small companies

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Generally very happy with this software, however I would not recommend it for larger companies.

Pros

Very easy to use with an excellent and attractive interface. Time off handling is the best I've seen; easy to submit and approve requests, clear display of remaining time off and even a built-in time off calculator. The calendar eliminates the need to send out mass emails prior to taking time off, as anyone can see who is off and who will be off in the coming days/weeks. HR-required documentation can all be stored in this one central location, and assessments, training, org charts and many other features are incorporated right into the platform. The app makes it easy to use on-the-go, which is great for sick days.

Cons

Training features are limited, as managers are still required to sign off on an employee's training. Org chart functionality is very basic, so it falls short for companies who have a more complex structure.

Esther Y.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Absolutely the Best HRIS!

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Absolutely a pleasant to work with!

Pros

They are just getting better and better. I am excited to see what the merger with TRAX Payroll will do. Currently I have been recommending BambooHR and TRAX combo to all of our new business clients. BambooHR is not only an eye-catching software with its beautiful UI but it does everything that an HR would need. Now that it's getting TRAX onboard, I am excited to see their last missing piece...payroll.

Cons

I do wish that there are some additional customization we can do...for example, having multiple different layers of approvers that is fully customize-able.

Noel H.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Easiest HR Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

So far, this tool had been a witness of my Career process inside the company and now this tool is helping me to keep track of the career of my associates.

Pros

BambooHR is really straight forward, I know that it has different features but how we use it in my company is for keeping track of Holidays and Time Off. I like how Bamboo sends you a notification when there is an anniversary of a team member.

Cons

I don't like the mobile app for IOS. There are a lot of opportunities. I think they should add a little bit more of functions inside the mobile app.

Luis H.

Easy to use and customize

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

I worked on the team that implemented BambooHR and a find it very easy to get started. Also, the company offers a lot of open source software to be installed if you need to customize it someday.

Cons

The problems begin if you need to integrate the software with 3rd party systems. So we need to keep running tasks and doing workarounds to get data in sync.

Dave K.

BambooHR- Easy to use HRIS

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Overall a great HRIS if you are a small company 50-150 employees and are looking for a great way to streamline your processes and organize your employee information.

Pros

Very easy to use from the employee to the manager level. With the use of the app employees and managers are able to easily submit and approve time off requests on from their phone. We also use the Performance Review feature which has provided a more efficient way for employees and managers to complete their reviews while saving the company time and improving overall productivity.

Cons

Some of the features are set within the system that you cannot change, but BambooHR has made several updates over the last couple months to incorporate feedback from customers

Morgan C.

BambooHR transformed our team management

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

BambooHR has solved our leave requests, leave tracking, org structure, reviews, and general HR management needs.

Pros

We had no HRIS before BambooHR. As a growing company we got to the point where we needed to make sure everyone had a manager, regular 1:1s, regular reviews, and career development. Bamboo has the features we needed to make this easy and stable.

Cons

BambooHR comes with the basics, but prepare to spend more for features for reviews, 1:1 tracking etc. There is an ecosystem of applications that integrate well with Bamboo but it gets pricy fast.

Katrina I.

Bamboo HR - good HR software for a small to medium business

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Very pleasant experience. Bamboo helped with record keeping and compliance tracking many times. Very ease to locate the information during audits.

Pros

Bamboo is very easy to use. I think one of the best features is integration with Docusign and ability for the job applicant and employee to view and be able to sign documents from anywhere. It is also pleasant for a new hire to get the onboarding paperwork that way versus as a bunch of attachments in an email. Finally, it is great for tracking all the onboarding tasks, especially, where the employer is a regulated entity so there are additional compliance-related tasks for new hires and employees on annual basis. It is also good for books and records.

Cons

It can take a lot of time to set up the system and get good at navigating it; but thats a small drawback. Any new software system would require it.

Sarah B.
  • Industry: Utilities

Implementation was very easy and the ability to customize was amazing.

Reviewed on 2017/08/25

More time to focus on other important functions I am responsible for and the amount of inquires we would receive from Management has dramatically decreased, as they can find the information they need by just logging into bambooHR.

Pros

Real time reporting is great and the fact that you can create your own reports in a few clicks saves a lot of time... prior to bambooHR we didn't have a system and we had to manually pull various pieces of information and create various excel spreadsheets. The on-boarding feature is also very efficient.

Cons

Would like to see the payroll side added for use in Canada. The system we currently use for processing payroll is old and do not provide any other benefits other than basically paying our employees.

Courtney H.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Very Easy to Use & Transparent!

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

Highly functional and easy to use software. I highly recommend this HR software. I really like the ability to see how many vacation days, sick days etc. you have with the easy to you calculator. This allows me to plan my vacations throughout the full year. I also think its really beneficial how you are able to see who is out of office in any given day, very transparent. The software also offers all employee contracts, benefits, and documents in a file for easy access and reference. There also is a section that includes companies policies in a simple to find location which I have found really beneficial.

Cons

There is not many cons to this software. However, I find that the mobile application isn't always very functional in terms of speed. This sometimes is not very usual in days that you are unable to come to the office and need to access the app to apply a sick/personal day to your profile. I think the app would be very useful in these times, and the speed would overall change the user experience.

Nancy H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

BambooHR: Great Decision!

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Excellent! So many features that I didn't know were possible.

Pros

The training and set up is what still stands out to me. I have never witnessed such support and organization in training. Others just give you the product to figure out on your own. BambooHR makes sure you know how to get the most out of the product and their ongoing support is great!

Electronic signature and announcements have been huge timesavers. Rather than tracking down all of my employees, I can just create a signature template and I am alerted when it is signed and then it automatically is saved to the employees file. AMAZING!

Cons

Wish that some of the add ons were included on the packages.

Ron elius S.

Track your best candidates without the usual headache

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Awesome!

Pros

If you’re an HR Professional or the Head of the HR Department, this tool will be very helpful because of its HR-focused features such as Applicant Tracking and Training Onboarding. No more blindly guessing who’s the best candidate or the status of Applicants’ application, also no more missing documents that cause so much trouble for hiring. Bamboo HR solves so many problems for the HR Department.

Cons

Because of its robust features, it will take time for each employee on the HR Department to fully utilize the features. It has a learning curve but it’s always great to learn this powerful software.

María virginia R.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Bamboohr

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

I have been using Bamboohr for less than 6 months and I am getting used to it. It is very comfortable for me to have all the information of my contract there, to have visibility of my vacation days and my performance in the last days.

Pros

It is an easy and intuitive software, very comfortable to request days off, sick leave, home office. In addition, the categories are well organized and the user can easily move around the web.

Cons

The company switched to Bamboohr and before we used Factorial. I think that to complete the daily shifts of each Factorial worker it is more comfortable because it allows you to copy from the previous days (especially since most of the days we meet the same schedule).