iSpring Suite Reviews

iSpring Suite

4,6 (1 597)
An easy to use tool to quickly create courses

(1 597)

Nathan
Nathan
  • Industry: Public Policy

Interactive PowerPoints

Reviewed on 2018/12/16

As I described in the Pros section, we use this software as a way for our customers to learn about us and we about them. It give them something to do while they sit waiting to meet with someone. We get compliments on the system all the time.

Pros

This software makes it really easy to create interactive PowerPoint presentations. We use it in our lobby to welcome guests, combining digital signage with an opportunity for guests to learn more about our company and for us to learn more about them. We can pull in live web pages to display (like a weather report), show success stories about our mission, and allow visitors to navigate to different areas of our programs and services. Very cool.

Cons

It occasionally crashes. I haven't been able to pinpoint the issue, whether it's this software or a driver or the OS. But every few days I come to work and the the program is frozen or has stopped running. Sometimes it's PowerPoint, other times it's iSpring. Strange, as it will work fine for several days in a row and it never happens when someone is using it, which is good.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Nathan,
Thank you greatly for sharing your success story about using iSpring ;) Very cool!
If any questions come up, please send them directly to [email protected]. One of our specialists will be happy to assist!

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Best value for an authoring tool

Reviewed on 2022/12/15

Overall, it is a great product within the world of authoring tools. It seems that most have a bit of 'clunkiness' associated with them. In my opinion, iSpring has the least and is the best value.

Pros

The ease of use is what I like the most! I have been able to train people easily on how to use it, and it is intuitive. I also appreciate the recent prompt support that I had as some videos were exporting funny. It was all resolved within 24 hours of opening the ticket over the weekend.

Cons

The only piece that I don't like from this software is how the interactions and quizzes are not cloud-based. We are a cross functional team that collaborate on courses, and this impacts our workflow.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

I trialed both iSpring and Articulate at the same time when selecting an authoring tool. Articulate created more errors, and is also not great for a cross-functional teams. Based on this, and the price point - iSpring Suite was the best value

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it tons. Our tech support team always puts clients first - it's amazing that you had a positive experience! As per your cons, if you use the latest version of our authoring tool, you can create a quiz online. Here are the instructions on how to do this: https://docs.ispringsolutions.com/ispring-space/creating-a-quiz-35652572.html As for interactions, thank you for sharing your feedback! I will forward your message to our Product Development Team as a feature request. We will make a note of it and consider adding it in future updates. Keep up the great work!

Dina

Ispring suite review

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Pros

The rep working in Customer support has been most helpful. Without him I wouldn't have achieved what I managed to achieve today!
He is sooo helpful. efficient, knowledgeable and courteous.
5 stars to the rep!
Keep up the good work and thank you for your help

Cons

Many of the graphics are locked so not good value versus competitor products

Thought this was better

Moodle

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Dina,
Thanks a lot for your wonderful review of iSpring Support team. We very much appreciate it :)

Britney
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Interactive Learning made easy!

Reviewed on 2023/12/20

My overall experience is that this is such a great tool for any company to use for training purposes or even quiz purposes! I love being able to interact with everything and making sure the students are engaged and actually like what they're seeing.

Pros

I love that you can work straight from PowerPoint! Makes everything much more interactive and I love playing around with all the different tools that are available.

Cons

Some times when I am customizing things, theres too much data and it makes it overwhelming. It also looks like an early 2000's desktop.
I also don't like the fact that this is not compatible with Mac!

James

iSpring Suite's integration with Powerpoint is a game changer.

Reviewed on 2023/03/23

Overall, we were already very pleased with all that iSpring had to offer. When we saw iSpring Suite, though, integrating directly with PowerPoint we were instantly sold. We've used PowerPoint for our courses in the past (with other LMS systems) and they never fully supported what we needed. I have yet to find a feature that we use in PowerPoint that doesn't seamlessly translate directly into iSpring Learn. That was our primary reason for leaving our old LMS system.

Pros

Although we don't use all the features of iSpring Suite (Quizes, Roleplay, etc.) the ones we do use are invaluable to us. I like most that iSpring Suite integrates directly with our iSpring Learn account so we don't have to download slideshows and reupload them. The fact that it analyzes the courses to determine the completion of a course is also outstanding, and is a feature I hadn't even anticipated!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind! So far, I haven't had a single issue with iSpring Suite.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi James,
Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! It means the world to us. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. Also, you are more than welcome to join iSpring Community Forum where eLearning specialists from all over the world connect, share their experience and eLearning tricks, participate in competitions, and more: https://community.ispringsolutions.com

Michael
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Ispring for authoring language training curriculum

Reviewed on 2021/05/07

Positive.

Positive.

I'm still learning about how things work and find little things I wasn't aware of now and again (both good and bad), but overall, it's a solid option and does as expected.

Pros

Ease of use, good technical support and the fact that it links to PowerPoint means the development process is not too daunting.

Cons

It's clearly set up as a course full of quizzes. However, we uses this to develop language training activities. This requires constant adjustment (removing reference to quizzes, as an example).
I'd like to see a facility to allow more than one muliple choice and True/False question per page for listening-based activities.
I'd also like to see a facility in the Dialogue Simulations that would allow the learner's voice to be recorded so they can hear back their voice on and compare to a model.

These features would strengthen Ispring in terms of becoming a very useful authoring tool for language training course development.

Adobe Learning Manager

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Because of the variety of quizzes which we can customise as activities.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Michael,

It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring solution.

As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team.

Maja

Ispring Suite - My Experience and Recommendation

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

Overall, my impression of iSpring Suite is highly positive. I consider it an outstanding tool for creating various types of content, and I would gladly recommend it to anyone who is unsure about which program to choose.

Pros

iSpring Suite is truly an excellent program that provides me, as a designer, with a wealth of creative possibilities. The use of this program is extremely straightforward, allowing me to quickly turn my ideas into reality. Furthermore, I am impressed by the abundance of available templates, images, and characters that assist me in creating attractive content.

Cons

The program could benefit from littel bit more interactivity.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

We choose iSpring Suite due to its cost-effectiveness compared to other software, and its user-friendly interface that makes it a breeze to use.
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Easy to use like using PowerPoint

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Easy to use, can combine various method of learning in one course.

Easy to use, can combine various method of learning in one course.

Pros

It supports Thai font. The final product is responsive and adaptive display that fit on use mobile cellphone.

Cons

I did not know yet I can use variable inside iSpring or not. Sometime I want to customize some learner's score displaying in the slide.

Reasons for Choosing iSpring Suite

Captivate is not easy to make a responsive design course. It consume so much time to create an eLearning course. It not 100% support Thai.

No Thai support.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello,
Thanks a lot for posting such a positive review of iSpring here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it.
As per your Cons, could you please send a message directly to [email protected]? Our specialists will be happy to assist you! :)

Kirstie

Great Product

Reviewed on 2023/01/25

Pros

It's easy. Sometimes, it's difficult for staff who have many priorities to have to learn a new tool - but everyone knows powerpoint. The features are easy to use, and so far the products have been well-received.

Cons

Deploying the product based on licensing. I think it's a great product, but it's going to be difficult to convince my team to maintain this expense (and increase it) if others don't get to utilize it. Would be great if there was a group licensing rate for small non profits...

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

ease of use by authors... everyone knows how to use PPT. iSpring is just an addition to the ribbon.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Kirstie, Thanks a lot for posting your review here on Capterra! We appreciate it tons. It's great to hear that you are happy with the iSpring solution. As per your cons, we offer discounts and special pricing. Please check out its volume here:https://www.ispringsolutions.com/pricing Keep up the great work!

iSpring Usability

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Overall, the application is responsive, no issue with responsiveness. Very flexible and lots of customer support and webinars.

Pros

Very interactive, user-friendly and integrated with Powerpoint. Easy to export to various SCORM versions.

Cons

Need constant update and the price is steep for a single user like me.

Adobe Learning Manager and Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

It is integrated with Powerpoint and very easy to use.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello and thank you tons for sharing your feedback about iSpring products and service! We very much appreciate it :)
Hope it keeps serving you well!

Jonathan
Jonathan

Ease of Use combined with Excellent Customer Service and Available Workshops made this a fit...

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

It helped us move our training programs forward. As content developers AND trainers, the iSpring Suite really made things a lot easier for us. We were also new to the concept of interactive content development, so we were thrilled to witness that iSpring was extremely easy to learn and start using. We feel there is much more for us to do with it, which is why we are looking forward to acquiring Version 9 soon.

Pros

Ease of Use - The fact that iSpring Suite integrates directly into Power Point makes life so much easier for us.

Excellent for New Trainers or Content Developers - The ease of use made this purchase an excellent decision for us. Our company's training department was founded only 4 years ago. After the first few years we wanted to step it up a notch by developing interactive modules that would help us diversify the way we deliver content. iSpring made this possible and very easy. Not only is the software extremely easy to understand, iSpring also offers regular workshops to its users that help any new content developer master the Suite and strengthen their ability to create interactive modules that stand out.

Excellent Customer Service - Very quick to respond to any questions and the staff is very friendly. They are also very receptive to feedback and look to make improvements to their product often based on such.

SCORM Compliant - Convert all of the content created with the Suite into a SCORM Compliant packages for your LMS. The SCORM export supports Flash & HTML5. You also have the ability to adjust the export quality of the media in your module. Lastly, iSpring modules can also be viewed via mobile & offline using their iOS or Android app. Reporting works flawlessly.

Quiz Maker is Amazing - It has all the essentials you need + more. I got to play around with Version's 9 Quiz Maker also and already witnessed many improvements from aesthetics to performance.

Cons

Version 8's Module Player for Exported E-Modules didn't always behave the same way as the Power Point presentation would on its own. Various media items or features in Power Point, such as Gif Images, overlapping audio files, or "exciting" animations/transitions, although supported, would at times behave differently in the Suite's Module Player (used for LMS Delivery) vs. the Power Point itself.

Version 8 Quiz Maker's Document Recovery never worked for us (if there was even one). The quiz maker doesn't have an "auto-save" feature. Sometimes if you imported any extraneous media file the quiz maker would crash making us lose our progress from the last manual save. We eventually got in the habit of saving frequently, as anyone should, but a revamped document recovery feature would be helpful.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Jonathan,
Thanks SO MUCH for such a detailed review of iSpring products and services. We are absolutely sure it will be super useful to anyone looking for an eLearning solution.
Keep it up! :)

Annie
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

iSpring promises and delivers - Tech support is so responsive & patient

Reviewed on 2021/12/28

Awesomeness. I already forgot the difficulties setting up. Because when I reached out at 3 am to "see" if someone would actually respond...they actually did!!! Tech support guy [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was on point. 5 out of 5 stars for him. Patient, professional, I'm not giving up till you get in attitude, and to my question of can you stay on the chat w/me till I'm in, no snide remark, but rather "I'm here w/you". Thanks a million!

Pros

Integration with my business visions and processes was seamless. The product is easy to use. I only had a little difficulty getting ispring suite and ispring space all coordinated and set up.

Cons

I only had a little difficulty getting ispring suite and ispring space all coordinated and set up. I would have preferred for someone to go in remotely and do it and then explain it to me. I kind of fell into a circular reference and was confused. But maybe I just didn't follow directions well with the initial emails...

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Your webinars, your webpage, everthing that I read that came from you guys was not only informative it was already teaching me and showing me how I could make my course awesome with your product. Also displaying features such as the Dialog simulation, interaction, varied quiz choices, easy upload to YouTube and screen recording + video recording over the PP that could be imported...a-ma-zing! (Plus the ISpring Market--wow!!)

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Annie,

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. It means the world to us. It's great to hear that you are happy with the iSpring solution.

As per your Cons, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue. Could you please send more details to [email protected]? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case.

Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Laurent
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

For me, the best e-learning authoring tool!

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

As a consultant, I use i-Spring to create powerfull e-learning packages for several business units in Global groups. I-Spring is powerful enough to let me create, from PowerPoint présentations, fully animated content including voice over, videos, etc. Thanks to the ease of use of this software, I don't need neither an agency nor developers to produce those packages. So i-Spring let my customers save time and budget, which makes a big difference in the current 2020-21 economic situation.

Pros

Seemless integration into PowerPoint.
Powerful sound and video editing features.
E-learning packages work perfectly in major LMS such as Cornerstone or Syfadis.
Reactive and efficient technical support.

Cons

The customization of the look & feel of feedback windows in the quiz could be implemented in order to ease the layout of questions.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Ease of use enabling my clients to maintain or update their packages in the long term

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Laurent,
Thanks a lot for posting your review here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly.
Hope it keeps serving you well :)

Lela

A Wonderful Authoring Tool Enhanced by Cloud Publishing

Reviewed on 2021/05/07

Absolutely wonderful from day one. Products are easy to use, high quality, and convenient and the employees at iSpring are helpful, professional, and kind.

Pros

There are so many wonderful iSpring Suite features- from the ease of use and ability to work inside PowerPoint, to being able to publish assessments to word for in-person testing, and the always friendly and professional support- but what really sets iSpring Suite apart is the ability to publish work to iSpring Cloud and share without having to work through an LMS. I could not have done my job as effectively and efficiently as I have without using this capability over the past year!

Cons

I would love to see software simulation capabilities in the future. For example, capture my own screen, clicks, and key strokes to then create an eLearning module for teaching new software to new users. I currently create workarounds for this using a combination of transparent links in PowerPoint coupled with Quiz fill in the blank answer boxes in iSpring over screen grabs, but it is very time consuming.

Elucidat and Adobe Learning Manager

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

With iSpring Cloud I can publish quick surveys, modules, and assessments without having to go through an LMS. It has been an absolute lifesaver and made iSpring my company's authoring tool of choice.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Lela,

Thank you very much for posting your detailed review here on Capterra. We appreciate it tons!

Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Claudio Daniel
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

iSpring Suite review

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

I am quite happy, the system was updated over the years and works on all platforms (iPhon, iPads, PC and android).

Pros

Since the product is reliable and easy to use, it changed my professional life. Since 10 years I am delivering on-line training and examinations. ISpring is a tool that helped me to deliver awesome multimedia presentations and engaging examinations. My customers are quite happy with it as well.

Cons

May be it would be useful to launch it from my website, instead of loggin into the iSpringlearn LMS.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Claudio,
Thank you very much for posting this positive review on Capterra :)
Hope iSpring keeps serving you well!
Also thank you for your feature request. Could you please forward it to [email protected]? Our team will be happy to look into it.

Brad
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Lower Initial Learning hurdle compared to other options

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Their support both in sales and technical support is great. You immediately hear back from someone who knows all about their product which I've been impressed by.

Pros

Uses the familiar PowerPoint interface and structure, making it easy to quickly generate content. Allows for recorded narration with second view of recorded presenter and set animation timings. Good flexibility with quizzes to make them look professional and not take a long time to generate. Custom behavior for pass/fail conditions. Their support is excellent and the maintenance package is a no brainer at least for the first year while you get started. That being said, I have renewed it for the 2 years (so far) that I have used it since they roll out helpful and thoughtful updates. I also appreciate that they offer a non-profit and educational rate which was the deciding factor for our office.

Cons

iSpring is not as flexible as other options like captivate since you are working within the framework of PowerPoint. I'm happy to make that concession because it makes it easier to learn and use existing presentations from lectures and seminars. I wish it was better integrated with working from MS OneDrive as well. Their exporting functionality can be clunky for when you want to move things around.

Adobe Captivate and Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

PowerPoint platform for easy learning curve and non-profit organization discount option.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Brad,
Thank you so much for sharing your detailed feedback about iSpring products and service! We are happy that you are happy with it! :) Keep up the great work. And please if you have any questions, send them directly to [email protected].

Ashok

Awesome tool for Instructional Designers

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

Easy to work in collaborative environment with Knowledge Experts and Q.C. Dept. who does not have idea of ID concepts and technicality.

Pros

Knowledge experts can provide content in PowerPoint. No hassles of importing PowerPoint into another software. Look and feel is not lost. Collaboration is easy , Knowledge experts and Q.C. Department can work on the same PPT source file instead of working on a copy.

Cons

Nothing much but a few add-on's like animation timeline, layers and basic triggers would make the product still more awesome.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Output Quality, No need to import the slide decks. collaborative environment

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Ashok,
Thanks you so much for sharing your positive feedback about using iSpring :) We very much appreciate it and hope that it keeps serving you well!
As per your Cons, please forward them to [email protected]. One of our managers will be happy to look into them.

Marieke
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great support

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

We have used multiple versions in our company and hardly ever have any issues. In our last issue we had great continuous support, and fast too.

Pros

It takes some getting used to but when you know what to do, it's very easy to use with a lot of options - it has almost everything to create interactive courses.

Cons

It's tough to share items and without zipping it will not store as a packaged course - so when IT transferred all our files from C: overnight, all my courses (that weren't in backup yet) were torn apart. You HVE to keep this in mind or start using the iSpring Share option.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Know the product and not many differences in either price or functionalities.
Nalin

Smart E-Learning Content for every device. Develop in PowerPoint and Deliver with iSpring...

Reviewed on 2016/07/10

I am Nalin from New Delhi, India and I have a rich experience in E-Learning and developing Digital Content of over 8 years. Being in this domain, I have been working on and testing many softwares. E-Learning is a field where you get the taste of a variety of computer programs. Like graphic design, video production, sound editing, animation software etc. Out of them, the most important software is which can deliver the prepared content in the desired format accessible for the learners. I was always surrounded by the complications of programming and testing on platforms like Flash and .NET for content production but it was too much time consuming and involved plenty of unnecessary hard work. Complications like these reduced when I discovered purpose built tools like Adobe Captivate and Articulate. But all complications ended when I discovered iSpring Suite.
PowerPoint itself is an all in one surface when it comes to prepare raw E-Learning content. The only additional thing we required is that with which we can compile all the raw material in a solid Flash & HTML 5 content deliverable on our desired accessing devices. I tried various PowerPoint add ins like Wondershare, Adobe Presenter, Articulate Studio, Lectora Snap. But each one of them had its own shortcomings.
The one that turned out to be the best and perfect one was iSpring Suite. It supported almost all the PowerPoint animations. With Quizmaker, I was able to make separate customized tests for different chapters. The best thing which I experienced was the ease of inserting or recording audio narration for the slides and later synchronizing them with the animations. iSpring Suite proved to be a champion in delivering both online an offline content. We also used it to deliver offline content in CDs with maximum protection for piracy. The players customization options are incredible with which we can control the look and feel of the module player like its colors and text labels and it also has the ability to save the preset for later use. We also get the control over compression of course objects with which we can deliver it online keeping in mind the bandwidth at the learners' end so that its quick and easy to access on the internet.
Today, I am able to deliver E-Learning content for my firm and my clients to all kind of learning platforms and is really admired by the learners.
All I can say is, This software is really a result of high precision and perfect engineering.

Pros

1. First and foremost its ease of use. Its unbelievably simple with the easiest learning curve. I couldn't realize how soon I became a pro iSpring user from a novice one.
2. Quick loading of HTML 5 courses in browsers even on low bandwidths. Sometimes I have noticed that courses published with iSpring Suite load even quicker than Youtube videos.
3. There is also a course size and compression option according to the low/high bandwidth choice which is unique.
4. Responsive layout of courses with automatic player skin resizing on the device. The player skins are also different for computers and mobile devices.
5. The most convenient narration manager and synchronization of audio and animations.
6. The best player layout in browser for mobile output.
7. Content protection features like setting expiry date and custom domain.
8. Best in class in built screen recording tool. No need of external capturing tools like Camtasia.
9. Simulation feature with 50:50 ratio of video and content going side wise in a slide.
10. Video publishing feature with which we can publish a PowerPoint presentation to HD videos and can also directly upload on Youtube.
11. Support for almost all PowerPoint animations. Other tools like Articulate Studio and Adobe Presenter don't support those many animations.
12. Detailed player customization options.
13. Ability to create independent offline content.

Cons

1. Very few interactions. Should have ability to insert more interactions that can be customized in slides.
2. No ability to edit states of objects.
3. Should have an attentive and more active user community.
4. No free form & custom drag and drop in Quizmaker.
5. Its a PowerPoint add in and not a standalone software, hence obviously its inbuilt features specially for customizing and inserting new objects have to limited.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi, Nalin!
Thanks A LOT for sharing your story about using iSpring! Cheers to the end of complications in your content creation process :)
Also thank you for submitting your feature requests. Keep up the great work and we hope that iSpring will keep serving you well!

Russell

Best quiz development software

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

Over the last 8 years we have been running a free educational website for nurses around the world. By far, the most popular component of LearningNurse.org has been our 160 nursing quizzes with over 12,000 questions. We used several different programs to develop and post these flash-based quizzes.

However, with greater usage of mobile devices, and the decline/concerns about Adobe Flash, we began looking for quiz software that would meet the current needs of our clients. We had been aware of iSpring Quiz Maker for some time but didn't feel it met all of our requirements. That is, until iSpring 8.1 came out. After careful evaluation of the various main-stream quiz development software, we choose iSpring Quiz Maker as our choice for now and the future. It took us about a month to reprogram and repost all of our quizzes.

There are many reasons why we like iSpring QM. The software is well designed and easy to use. It took no time for us to get up to speed to use all of its features. It gives you a choice of publishing to Flash or HTML5 or both. We now only publish to HTML5. With the iSpring Play apps, our quizzes work well on all browsers, tablets and smart phones. Using the Play apps, our quizzes can be downloaded for off-line use. This provides us a very effective and inexpensive way to make our educational resources available as "apps".

iSpring QM handles different media well. This increases our flexibility and creativity to develop more engaging and interesting interactive learning materials.

Finally, QM has a built-in capability to send quiz results to our server. We do NOT use an LMS, but do like to track all quiz results for monitoring and research purposes. It was relatively easy to set up a PHP script to receive the quiz results and insert them into a MySQL database table.

One short-coming of QM is that it lacks a Certificate feature. Fortunately, we were able to have an independent programmer set up a system for us that uses the PHP data to create a PDF Certificate that can be printed, downloaded and saved. So far, our quiz system seems to be stable, reliable and a big hit with our various clients.

iSpring provides regular updates and enhancements to their software. They do listen to our feature requests. And, I have found their support to be very good and thorough. They take great pains to provide work-arounds if some features are missing.

In our opinion it is the best quiz development currently on the market!

Pros

Easy to use, stable and reliable, inexpensive, built-it quiz results output, ability to collect and report additional user data

Cons

Needs more global formatting capability, e.g. master slides; inability to send e-mail results to quiz takers; and no built-in PDF certificate

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello, Russel!
Thank you for your sincere review of iSpring product! We are sure it will be useful to anybody who is searching for a quiz authoring tool.
As per your feature requests, we will be sure to forward them to our Product Development team. And the feature of sending quiz results to a student will be available in the version 8.5, which is supposed to some out in the end of fall.
Keep up the great work and please let us know if there is anything we could help you with! :)

Burt
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Can not live without ISpring

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Amazing

Amazing

Pros

This is the most amazing help mate to produce stunning presentations with a "WOW Factor" that keeps the audience attentive and eyes wide open.

PowerPoint by itself is boring, dull and quite frankly worthless unless you have ISpring attached too it.

Before I purchased this add-in, I found or should I say heard a lot of snoring in our audience.

Now with ISpring, all eyes and ears are alive and clapping. I like to take the credit for this but the credit should go to the ISpring add-in.

Thank you so much and by the way, I have never had such great and immediate support as I get from ISpring. Support is important to our company as we are fast-paced.

I needed additional activation on a crashed desktop with a reinstall and within 5 minutes [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at 2:27 AM had me up and running post-haste.

If only the Microsoft and Adobe support was like ISpring, the world would be a much easy place to complete project.

Cons

There is not a thing missing that I can think of. ISpring does it all.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Burt,
Thank YOU so much for such kind words about iSpring products and service...This means the world to us!
What else can we say, we'll try to keep that bar high for all the iSpringers out there! :)
And you, please keep creating better content for all the learners!

Clark
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Possibly the best software choice for course and content authors

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

I've been using iSpring Suite for 3 years now. As with a lot of my software purchases, my interest in this tool was spurred by frustration with the previous tools I had used. Previous software in this category had consistently fallen short in very significant ways. Even 3 years ago, iSpring Suite remedied all those issues for me; but not content to rest on their laurels, they have actively and substantially improved their product over and over again. I can't remember the last time I needed to fire up Captivate or Storyline. iSpring has replaced them at a fraction of the cost.

This suite is a bundle of useful tools centered around an application that lets you turn existing PowerPoint presentations into web AND mobile friendly eLearning solutions that communicate with LMSs incorporating the well documented SCORM and AICC standards, iSpring's own LMS or as is often the case for me, a hand-rolled custom solution.

Audio and Video synchronization with slides, one of the most tedious parts of this work, is made effortless by iSpring's thoughtful and robust interface. Animations implemented in PowerPoint are duplicated and rendered seamlessly in the final product. Quiz creation is a snap. Player customization is easy. Everything you need is here. As a web developer for over 20 years, I could do a lot of this work from scratch; but only at great cost in time and other resources. iSpring frees me up to focus on the jobs that really require those skills. My clients are consistently impressed with the output.

One final word on the subject: iSpring is so well done, I have rarely had need of their support for anything; but on the two occasions in 3 years that I have had an inquiry - their responses have been prompt, courteous, professional and most importantly, effective. iSpring really engages with their users in a meaningful way to continually improve existing features, add new requested features and make my life as a content creator and developer better. I give this software and the company behind it my highest recommendation.

Pros

Ease of use, focus and quality of features, fair pricing and outstanding customer support and engagement.

Cons

Template storage and reuse could be better. Versioning would be a great next step.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi, Clark!
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing review on iSpring! We greatly appreciate it and are sure that your experience will be more than useful to anyone in need of an e-Learning solution.
Should you have any questions, please send them to [email protected]. We will be more than happy to help!

BRIAN
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

iSpring Max Suite fit my needs perfectly

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Installing and using iSpring Suite Max was super easy. Since I was under a tight deadline and had miserable results using Adobe Presenter, I was pretty desperate. I found iSpring through internet reviews and download the free trial. Using the trail, I had my course complete and published (with the free trial banner) very quickly and it looked great. I immediately bought the Max package and re-published to remove the banner.

Pros

iSpring Suite makes converting my PowerPoint training programs into SCORM compliant courses that can be uploaded to our LMS. It enabled me to convert all of the compliance training i used to hold live classes for to online courses. Due to COVID-19 and safety considerations, our company is migrating all of our training online.
Best of all is the amazing 24-hour support. Several times I got stuck on how to accomplish something I wanted to do. I was able to get chat help that was friendly, patient, thorough and always resulted in getting my task accomplished.
ISpring has the best support of any software product I've ever used and I've used a lot. That alone will cause me to recommend it.

Cons

The program is fairly intuitive once you get the hang of it. The only problems I had related to the quizzes. When I first started using it, I didn't realize to be careful you are on the slide in PowerPoint where you want a quiz to be, before you click the Quiz app. If you want to go to your quiz for some reason and your PowerPoint is on a different slide it ties to create an new slide. Also I work at home and in my office. I learned quickly that if you don't package all the files into one folder, when you open you presentation on a different computer and try to access the quiz, iSpring can't find it. It would be helpful if the quizzes 'stuck' embedded to the file.
1. It took a few botched

Adobe Learning Manager

Reasons for Choosing iSpring Suite

The SCORM files it was producing were not working correctly on the ADP LMS platform. The courses would publish and users could view, but the reporting as often missing. I do a lot of compliance training so documentation is critical. Also the quiz module was very difficult to use and the results were not esthetically pleasing. Questions and answers would appear in random places on the slide. I would have to spend hours formatting each quiz slide to make it presentable. Then if I had to open the quiz manager again, it would jumble everything again when I closed it.

Reasons for Switching to iSpring Suite

Pricing, ease of use, support

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hello Brian,
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. It means the world to us. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly.
Hope it keeps serving you well :)

Michael

Great `no code solution

Reviewed on 2016/06/27

I've used iSpring to develop eLearning content at various levels of interactivity: standard eLearning, with general imagery and/or audio; enhanced, with customized media, content, and interactions; and complex, with extensive branching and highly-customized feedback.
iSpring works well and allows users to create eLearning (and other) content at any of these levels, without having to write a single line of code. Though it does not allow creation of 'triggers' at a global-level, like some other authoring solutions do. Yet the iSpring interactions, simulations, and quizzes do allow for very detailed, granular, and specific IFTTT ('if this, then, that') creation.

Pros

iSpring allows users the ability to create very specific branching. Branching can be created for both slide sequence AND for based on quiz results. I wish other development tools would take a visual cue from the iSpring `Presentation Explorer, as it is straightforward and easy to implement.
Publishing the content as HTML5 is seamless and looks great across several devices and platforms. The player `wrapper is clean, simple, and unobtrusive for the content inside.

Cons

Given my professional and academic background (animation, 3D models, simulations, & video games), I tend to try and stuff eLearning with enriched content, when possible. While iSpring does a great job customizing content in its various interactions and simulations, I'd like to see even MORE content types allowed inside. Specific examples of this: allow insertion of movies (MP4s) in the `Book' interaction; and animations/movies as background imagery in the `Simulation' interaction.
Some enhanced `skins' or styling of the `Timeline' interaction would be good to see, too.
Though to be fair: iSpring seems to have a very active update iterative cycle, so these and other additions may be forthcoming in a future version.

Response from iSpring Solutions

Hi Michael,
Thanks for sharing your detailed feedback. We greatly appreciate it! We are sure it will be helpful for all the capterra audience.
Also, thank you for submitting your ideas about the possible iSpring enhancements. We will definitely forward them to our product development team!

Kate

iSpring is a very convenient program. Almost all my needs are met with its help.

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

The ability to create all sorts of exercises necessary for my classes. It's one of my main instruments.

Pros

I've been using iSpring (especially QuizMaker) for a long time to make tests and exercises (I'm a teacher). I'm very satisfied with this product.

Its first advantage is how easy iSpring is to use. Since I am familiar with PowerPoint, I had no problems when I started working in iSpring, everything was clear even at the very beginning. The design is pleasant, too.

Secondly, the possibilites are really impressive: anything is possible to create, be it a simple multiple choice test or a complicated exercise with all sorts of questions, levels of difficulty, etc.

Thirdly, it's convenient to publish the tests either on one's site (html, flash) or in a Word file. I use both ways, and enjoy them both. My students tested the exercises on their computers and mobile devices (Apple and Android). There hasn't been a single complaint: it works on different platforms and devices.

Another good point is the possibility to customize the looks of the test. Maybe it's not the most important feature, but still, it allowed me to make the exercise look very natural on my site, in the same style, in the same colours.

Last but not least, customer support is very good. All the issues that I had (there were very few, really) were efficiently resolved. None of my questions were left without attention.

All in all, iSpring makes it possible for me to realize all my teaching ideas, so I regard it as one of my best investments and I'm certain I'll go on using it for a long time.

Response from iSpring Solutions

thank you for your review, Kate! We very much appreciate it. Keep up the great work :)