Text Request

Alexander
Alexander

Text Request as replacement for ZipWhip

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

It was easy to setup and migrate to Text Request from ZipWhip.

It was easy to setup and migrate to Text Request from ZipWhip.

Pros

Text Request has more features than ZipWhip though the interface is harder to use. Love their integration with Clio for automatic invoice notification to clients.

Cons

I can't find the mass texting feature. Mobile app seems buggy and not user friendly.

Response from Text Request

Thank you for switching to us, and for this review.

Morgan

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2024/03/28

Pros

Very easy to use and it saves all of the information that I need. I am able to go back and review things if I need to. Easy to set up templets.

Cons

When switching over to different account, lost off of the previous data that we had when connecting with families.

Response from Text Request

Morgan, thank you for leaving us a review.

Gabrielle

Users of ZipWhip converted Text Request

Reviewed on 2024/03/04

Could be more organized, but overall the basic features are fine.

Could be more organized, but overall the basic features are fine.

Pros

I do enjoy the personalization feature so each staff member can have their own account and signature to notify the clients who is reaching out and when.

Cons

I do not enjoy the layout. It is difficult to navigate.

Response from Text Request

Gabrielle, Thank you for leaving us this review. We do have a handful of different views: https://help.textrequest.com/message-views

John
  • Industry: Insurance

Great product

Reviewed on 2024/01/23

Pros

Easy to use and useful functions but need improve on certain functions though

Cons

Very expensive compare to other products

Response from Text Request

Thank you for this review.

Chrystina
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Makes appointment reminders very easy!

Reviewed on 2024/03/04

Pros

I really like the group message and schedule ahead feature because it allows me to easily schedule appointment reminders for patients that are booked at the same time instead of having to send individual messages to each person.

Cons

I have no complaints about Text Request from my experience using it.

Response from Text Request

Chrystina, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to hear you are enjoying our group messaging feature.

Joy
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great product, easy to use!

Reviewed on 2024/03/18

Great! Easy to use! Easy to train people on.

Great! Easy to use! Easy to train people on.

Pros

Love how intuitive the interface is and how easy it is to keep track of those who opted out.

Cons

People who text STOP to opt out but then want to opt in don’t know to text START to resume, and I can’t tell them how. If there’s a way they can receive instructions to resume, that would be great.

Response from Text Request

Joy, thank you for leaving us this review. Please reach out to [email protected] for help

julissa
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great overall

Reviewed on 2024/03/28

Pros

easy to use and communicating with patients is much quicker than going through our call center.

Cons

it isnt sending me email notifications so i have to keep the text request tab open and keep checking time to time

Response from Text Request

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. Sorry to hear that your email notifications aren't coming through. please reach out to [email protected] so they can look into it for you!

Bhuvan
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2024/02/27

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and the integration to email allows clients to send documents via text and it will go directly into my email.

Cons

Design can be better and some times, Ill get emails of texted documents before the text appears on the TextReuest portal

Response from Text Request

Bhuvan, thank you for leaving us a review.

Jose

The perfect way to reach out

Reviewed on 2024/04/08

Pros

If a patient does not answer I can simply send a text and the member can easily reply as oppose of me waiting for a call back

Cons

Sometimes I will text out to a member but they wont receive it. Im not sure if that is a Text Request issue or an issue on the members phone.

Response from Text Request

Jose, thank you for leaving us this review. Please reach out to [email protected] and they can look into your issue!

marlene
  • Industry: Computer Networking

love text request

Reviewed on 2024/04/02

Pros

im about to text my patients when im not able to reach them.

Cons

nothing, i enjoy using the app at work its very convinient to get in touch with my patients.

Response from Text Request

Thank you so much for this review. Please check out our Champions Club: https://help.textrequest.com/champions-club

Greg

Looked into 5 platforms and glad I went with Text Request

Reviewed on 2023/11/14

I started using Text Request a couple of weeks ago, and although I thought I would miss Zipwhip, which is what we migrated over from as they were shutting down, after using Text Request for 2 weeks I actually prefer it over Zipwhip. I looked into 3 other texting platforms for my business when making the switch, and Text Request seemed to be what would be best for our business needs. Price point was perfect for my business, especially compared to other platforms I looked at that had a bunch of features we didn't need. I love that we are able to use our landline phone number with Text Request, just as we were with Zipwhip, as we use it for sending and receiving personal texts to and from our customers. We don't use it for marketing/mass texting, but they have that option as well and I can see it being very easy to use after going through the demo and playing around on the platform a bit. The customer support so far has been great. [sensitive content hidden] is who I usually talk to, and she's very knowledgeable and responds very quickly! The desktop browser Dashboard is very user friendly and easy to use. I love the templates option as I use that more than anything else. Reports are easy to find, view, run, and download. Overall, I love Text Request and highly recommend it to anyone migrating over from Zipwhip or are looking for a texting platform to use in general!

Pros

Templates. Customer Service. Cost. Not bloated with features I didn't need. Easy to use dashboard.

Cons

The only thing I could think of that I feel could use an improvement is when we send texts it has a character count as we fill in the text field, but it doesn't take into account the 20 additional characters of the "text STOP to opt out" in that count, so if counting characters is important, make sure to mentally add those extra 20 characters. I brought that up with customer support and they said they have the ability to remove the "text STOP to opt out" from being in texts we send AND that they'd pass my feedback along to the developers, so in the future there might be an improvement there.

CommUnity, Heymarket, Podium and Voxie

Reasons for Choosing Text Request

Zipwhip was shutting down at the end of the year.

Zipwhip

Response from Text Request

Greg, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I've let our product know about your CON. Thank you again for your review. Glad you chose us over those others you considered.

Erika
  • Industry: Information Services

Easy way to stay connected

Reviewed on 2021/10/14

Pros

We love the ease of getting Text Request set up and the ease of use - we can text our employees and customers from a single number - it reduces the need for our team to have their cell phones out (and distracting them from work). We can continue a conversation when a team member leaves for the day or the weekend without having to have updates from that employee since the messages are there for everyone to see! It really has streamlined our business

Cons

I wish there were easier ways to send reminders to our customers daily - one year reminders of their next service etc- we currently use another platform for that portion of our business - we also use it as an add on service for our call center clients

Response from Text Request

Erika, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Glad to be working with you! Your Con is a good point, it's something we're currently working on, and I'd love to get more of your thoughts on it. Can we talk more about how you need it to work? My email address should be included in this reply. Let me know. Thanks again! - Kenneth

Michael

Text Request, Almost perfect!

Reviewed on 2021/10/19

Simply stated, reliable texting with our patients and clients, and an ease of use made our experience a positive one.

Pros

The ease of use, as well as ease of implementation, paired to make Text Request a surprising easily transition.

Cons

Unfortunately, our initial understanding regarding full HIPAA compliance was in error. This caused a reevaluation of the product regarding its future suitability and cost effectiveness for our organization.

Response from Text Request

Michael, thanks for sharing your experience! I appreciate the transparency. Can you walk me through that misunderstanding? I want to make sure our communications are consistent - and accurate - across marketing, sales, and support. My email should be attached to this reply. Thanks again! - Kenneth

Giovanni

Excellent to work with! Could use Plain Text Merge Fields

Reviewed on 2023/04/17

Overall Positive! Works great and I look forward to seeing new features that don't negatively impact or restrict its predecessors.

Pros

There are WAY more features than other services which allows flexibility and utility of communications, mass and single messages, to my clients. The app works great and allows me to stay within reach during the times my business is closed and/or I'm away.

Cons

When copy and pasting messages, I want to be able to paste the merge fields in plain text for some of use HTML geeks. Character limit is also inhibiting to work around with messages that require more details.

Response from Text Request

Giovanni, thank you for leaving us a review. We are working on some great features right now. If you ever run into any issues, please let us know.

Lauren
  • Industry: Hospitality

Total Game Changers

Reviewed on 2021/10/14

Only good experiences and communications. Love working with this company.

Only good experiences and communications. Love working with this company.

Pros

With people being flooded with emails and sales calls on a daily basis, it can be hard to get in touch with my clientele via those modes of communication. Emails get buried and calls are not always convenient. Being able to text our guests, vendors and employees has resulted in almost immediate feedback dang near 100% of the time. Text Request has helped our office gain levels of efficiency we couldn't make up anywhere else. TOTAL GAME CHANGER.

Cons

That 1 text message isn't always the cost of 1 text message. 140 characters is the limit per text, so one detailed text message might cost us the equivalent of 3-4 texts. As well, with people texting in such "rapid fire" styles these days (1 sentence or "lol" or emoji per text, resulting in 3-5 texts to answer 1 question) it's unfortunate that we have to pay for all those texts since they don't add up to 140 characters in all 5 responses. If 140 characters is a guideline for charges, it would be nice if we were simply charged for every 140 characters. I wouldn't mind paying the equivalent of 3 texts for one detailed message if I knew this was a balanced out by NOT being charged for every tiny text under 140 characters. Just a thought. Or on the flipside of that, I wouldn't mind paying for each individual small text if I knew that was balanced out by only being charged for 1 text even if it was long. Just some thoughts. There are several property management softwares out there that are now including unlimited texting in the costs of their various other services, and it would save us a lot more money compared to what we're paying text request. I am also considering switching our company phone lines to Verizon, who have unlimited texts as part of their communications bundle, which also offers me the ability to save a lot of money each month. I LOVE THE TEXT REQUEST PLATFORM, but if I sign a contract with ay of these new services, it won't make since for me to pay these prices.

Response from Text Request

Lauren, thank you for this! So few people go into this much detail, and you make some good points. We've shied away from offering "unlimited" because the way other service providers do it is deceptive. They say "unlimited," but there's a throttle in place to limit how many texts you can send, or how many contacts you can send to. I'd love to dive deeper into this and see if you'd prefer "unlimited" texts with those limits in place. Same situation for character counts - we use the standard SMS 160 character limit (140 when sending the STOP message) so that our tech matches up with the mobile carriers' tech. But would love to explore options to create a better experience for you (and for others). My email should be attached to this, just let me know. - Kenneth

Mark
  • Industry: Banking

Text Request was a gamechanger.

Reviewed on 2021/10/22

Easy. There are few things in business that are just easy. It was easy to install, use, learn, and for our members to use. It is a great tool that we use EVERYDAY. It helps us build and maintain our relationships with our members.

Pros

We use this to communicate with our members right were they are in a way that they are comfortable with. We have found new and creative ways to use the ability to text our members to provide fast and easy service. From day one, all of our users were using the system daily! Our members are surprised that we have the ability and THEY LOVE IT! We don't want to do business anymore without this ability. Text request made it easy for us to get started and training was simple and easy.

Cons

We do get a junk text from time to time. Maybe 4-5 per month. It is not a deal breaker, just ignore and move on.

Reasons for Switching to Text Request

price, functions, and ease of use.

Response from Text Request

Hello Mark,
Thank you so much for your honest and detailed review. It really odes help us. IF you need any help with TR, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Corinna

Text request review from previous zipwhip user

Reviewed on 2022/04/18

It has been pretty good. There are certain things where I preferred zipwhip. Like being able to attach and send an image, being able to add customized spots in templates that would automatically add the first name of the recipient from that specific contacts information"first name" to the template. Also when you are searching for a contact or phone number. I don't like how other contacts unrelated come up in the search and if somebody texts in while we are searching they override our search criteria and show up at the top.

Pros

Very easy to use. I like that everybody gets their own account and you can see who has replied to whet text message.

Cons

Although this is hipaa compliant, signing out every 10-15 minutes is not ideal. Especially because alot of times it doesn't even sign out on time, it just waits until you have a whole paragraph typed out and you hit send then you lose everything and are signed out. Would be nice to maybe have a warning that pops up or a timer to let you know how long it's going to be before signs out so can save your work. Also really would be great if we could send pictures. We normally do receiving but there are instances where we need to be able to send a picture.

Response from Text Request

Corinna, Thank you so much for leaving us a review. So sorry that the HIPAA compliant rules are causing an issue. There is a 30minute timer on all dashboards. We recommend refreshing your screen if you have been away for a while. The refresh should restart the internal timer. Thank you again, please reach out to our success team if you have any other issues.

Brian

Helpful Software and Easy to Implement

Reviewed on 2021/11/11

We are able to instantly connect with our customers, driving more revenue and profits will also increase our customer satisfaction because they can simply text with us.

Pros

Ease of use, we love that all the employees can be connected at the same time. Mobile App, Chrome Extension, Group Messaging, Txt2Pay, Reviews

Cons

There is nothing we don't like about the software

Podium

Reasons for Choosing Text Request

More features

Reasons for Switching to Text Request

Price

Response from Text Request

Thank you so much for your support. Let us know if we can do anything for you.

Marc

Great for what we need!

Reviewed on 2021/10/14

These days not everyone wants to, or is able to, have a conversation on the phone, but almost everyone is willing to text. Text Request gives us another quick, easy way to connect to our clients and gives them the ability to reach out to us any time of day. Their customer service is amazing! Any issues have been quickly and easily dealt with and their staff is always incredibly friendly, making sure any issue is resolved and checking up to make sure it stays that way.

Pros

Text Request makes it super easy to communicate with clients and give them more options to contact us with questions or send photos and documents easily. The ability to let multiple users access and reply to all conversations is incredibly helpful and allows us to make sure all questions and needs are answered. We also love the ability to schedule appointment reminders and other texts ahead of time. The Chrome extension makes it incredibly easy to answer texts that just require a quick response.

Cons

We wish there was a way to update a phone number without needing to archive the old number and lose the previous conversation. While the Chrome extension does make it easy to text to numbers from anywhere in Chrome, it would be fantastic if we could integrate Google calendar to schedule and update automatic texts for reminders.

Response from Text Request

Marc,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I have sent over you Cons to the product team.

Best,
-Ramey

Victor

Mixed experience thus far

Reviewed on 2023/11/02

We go live in a few hours but the setup has been painful. Hoping it is at least more stable than Zipwhip.

Pros

After escalating some of the frustrating limitations, we did have a very engaging and helpful account rep spend time troubleshooting with us and apologizing for some of the features we were sold that were not quite accurate.

Cons

Sales was very salesy and promised a lot of things that didn't turn out to be true - example the Zipwhip migration was going to require days of downtime or that we could simply upload information (technically true but limited to a handful of discrete fields). It was also confusing onboarding as we were sent several forms, many of them asking for the same information and also getting emails asking us to complete things and was told to ignore because it was an auto generated reminder.

Response from Text Request

Victor, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Sorry, to hear your experience hasn't been ideal. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] for any additional help.

Holly
  • Industry: Veterinary

Text Request in Vet Med

Reviewed on 2023/07/09

Pros

I like that we have another platform other than phone calls and emails in order to communicate with clients.

Cons

Sometimes there is delay with incoming or outgoing messages. Sometimes I don't get notifications until 20-45 minutes after the message says it originally sent; making for delayed responses to clients.

Response from Text Request

Holly, thank you so much for the review. Sorry to hear that you have been seeing some dealys in messages and notifications. PLease reach out to [email protected] and we can open up a ticket and look into it for you! Thanks again.

Deb

Game changer for our brokerage

Reviewed on 2023/06/02

We are a real estate brokerage of almost 500 agents. Communication with them on the fly was daunting and spotty at best. TextRequest changed everything for us. Agents live by their mobile devices and emails were just getting lost in the shuffle. We can now send out reminder texts for training with short links, reminders of events and most of all, last minute changes within the company. We could not run our business without them!

Pros

Ease of use. Communicating en masse, scheduling texts to go out ahead of time.

Cons

I wish there was a way to block spam better

Response from Text Request

Deb, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your use case is awesome, and we are happy to hear that Text Request has been a help.

Becka
  • Industry: Events Services

Great product

Reviewed on 2023/10/06

We love this app. It makes our business run more smoothly and help keeps us organized. It also enables us to keep in contact with our clients.

Pros

I love the fact that unresolved texts stay at the top for efficiency.

Cons

Finding text through SEARCH with phone numbers is tricky and doesn't pull sources as well as the last product we used. Have to use Advanced Search and change dates on normally so time consuming when trying to find a thread via phone number.

Response from Text Request

Becka, thank you for this review. PLease reach out to [email protected] for any help. We are working on some updates to our search function.

Gabrielle
  • Industry: Veterinary

Great Software

Reviewed on 2023/06/07

Pros

I love how easy TextRequest makes it to communicate with clients. The templates, autoresponders, and the ability to schedule messages has been a game changer!

Cons

Messages do not always immediately deliver! When this occurs, support team is always fast and happy to help.

Response from Text Request

Gabrielle, thank you for leaving us a review. Glad you are enjoying our features. Our support team loves to get our users up and running.

Merry
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Text Request is good. Pricey buy good

Reviewed on 2022/04/25

Excellent

Excellent

Pros

I love the interface where the dashboard comprises of the screen where new texts are seen. Most other SMS platforms have reports etc showing on dashboard which is not that helpful.

Cons

I wish it was a tad bit less expensive and they didn't charge for incoming txts, unlike most other platforms who do not charge for incoming texts.

SimpleTexting, Textmagic and EZ Texting

Response from Text Request

Merry, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.