ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Reviews

ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Cloud IT Help Desk Software

4.3/5 (130 reviews)
Basil M.

Exactly as they advertise. Big 4's are a pain.

Reviewed on 2015/12/03
Review Source

We used ServiceDesk in the ISP (Internet Service Provider) that I worked for. We nearly lost hope in finding good helpdesk software with ITIL compliance. We even considered building a home-made application. For two years, BMC Remedy gave us a hard time from a usability and performance perspective, in addition to their highly priced customization bills. Until, one day, a decent consultant forwarded a link to ServiceDesk Plus.

ServiceDesk Plus breaks the myth that 'java server applications are slow' and really shows that a high quality product with good efficiency and performance can be built using Java. It's all up to the engineers (and when it's slow, its all their fault).

One thing I learned from ServiceDesk; don't blindly trust Gartner reports when searching for good software. At the time of searching, Gartner Quarterly reports listed BMC at the top with no mention whatsoever of ServiceDesk Plus. I'm not blaming Gartner for corrupt information, I'm sure they have their criteria in place, but at the end, they're humans, they have their mistakes, biases, misinformation, etc.

Pros

1. Light-weight and highly responsive. Intuitive interface.
2. Wonderful 'Solutions Knowledge Base' side feature based on articles and with an excellent search functionality. (We no longer use Media Wiki, however I'm doubtful about dropping MediaWiki).
3. The ServiceDesk API gives you unlimited abilities to automate and integrate with other applications. For example, we were able to integrate Nagios Network Monitoring tool so that a high priority alarm could automatically open a ticket on ServiceDesk Plus.

4. I admire the effort they placed on their online documention with their and searchable online you'll hardly need to contact support.

Cons

Nothing major, but would like to see improvements in the following areas:
1. Provide a visual view of all entities in the system. Virtual Machines, Routers, Physical Servers, etc. using graphing tools.
2. Provide a searchable menu. For example, if I type "LDAP Authentication" this would show me the "Domain Controllers" in the setup menu (Similar to CPanel's menu search feature).
3. More help notes & tips on 'what to do next' and on 'keyboard shortcuts'.

Best Service desk Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

We have implemented ServiceDesk Plus as a part of our customer relationship management. It is also used for internal auditing purpose. ServiceDesk allows managing all the IT services seamlessly. We have been using ServiceDesk for years for all our help desk, facilities, and reporting needs. It also allows to quality management of the help desk agents. Its reporting tool facilitates to monitor and report helpdesk team progress in a visualized way.

Pros

So far, this the best ServiceDesk solution in the market. It is bundled with almost everything that can be expected in these kinds of solution. Actually, we have never used some of the features included with this. However, we are privileged to receive updates from the vendor itself. We are extremely satisfied with the overall product capabilities, comparing verdict solutions.

Following are the most impressive features of the Service Desk

+ Easy Cloud integration
+ Best Asset management tools.
+ Best Reporting Tools.
+ Quality management capability of the staff

Cons

+ Hard to implements
+ Lack of administration documentation
+ Quite Expensive( but worth for money)

Leia P.

ManageEngine has Streamlined our Helpdesk!

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

We were previously on BMC RemedyForce and it would take me an entire day to configure a simple ticket template. It takes me mere minutes with ManageEngine. Their support staff and developers are the best in the business and I can't say enough good things about my experiences working with them.

Pros

It's easy to use and configure! Their support staff and community are absolutely incredible. They even have FREE master classes to help you learn more about how it works, and user conferences where the actual developers give you hands-on training, so you find out even more about administering it. You get a head's up about new features coming down the pipe. I just can't say enough good things about it!

Cons

The feature requests sometimes take a while to come through, but that you can put them in at all is a definite pro. They listen to their users!

Ryan C.

ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus (MSP)

Reviewed on 2018/11/19
Review Source

Pros

Starts at Free......Need I say more? --- I suppose i do, lol.

It was a nightmare to find a ITIL compliant helpdesk software that was easy enough for my users to use, but flexible enough to flex and grow with our needs. With the basic free version covering most of the basics with no user limit, is a pretty good deal.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a pain to work with. Some of the 'workflows' or 'features' don't seem to work properly.

One that sticks out is the 'on behalf of' feature when putting in tickets on behalf of another user for say a password reset. In order to get that particular function working, i actually had to go into the CLI on the host machine and enable it myself. Shouldn't need to do that.

The support and documentation can also be a bit lacking on details.

Sam L.

Great Helpdesk app for a great price

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Since starting new with no prior knowledge of the application, tried Free version for 2 years before even needing to get licensed version, and that was just for support. Ease of setup and customization made this product work fro our Company. We handle about 400 tickets a week and now have over 110K tickets through this system. Highly recommend for any small or medium sized business.

Pros

Ease of use, options for tickets, reporting, dashboard at-a-glance widgets, customization of templates, catagories, preventive maintenance scheduling, ease of setup and configuration. Stability of application.

Cons

Too many updates, and update procedure not an easy process. Should be Click here to upgrade to latest vesion, and it does it all for you. Support isn't very helpful when needed for custom reports, try to get you to Zoho Reporting, another cost I don't want

Ryan P.

The product has enabled us to more quickly and seamlessly provide support for our staff.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

Workflows for tickets such as automatic approvals for new hires by a hiring manager
Multiple forms of entering a ticket (web, email, keywords in email)
Replying to user within ticket for a seamless end user experience
Separation of tasks within a ticket for different groups
Management of our contracts with automated reminders
Ability to import asset information and create relationships for identifying staff ownership of assets
Easily create solutions that both end users and technicians can refer to
Software is constantly being updated to meet needs of user base

Cons

- Support can take a bit to get back to you on issues
- It would be nice to be able to be able set up different support groups that could have tickets round robin assigned instead of the auto assigning applying to the entire set up technicians.

It´s a great product helps me keep all my issues with customers organized

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

its a very useful tool for ticketing, I have been using it for more than 4 years and its really easy and intuitive

Pros

its really simple, likes that provides reports of technicians, or any other problem, ticket, reports can be customized, tickets can be organized by filters, which are really easy to use, like that gives important statistics on dashboard, it´s well organized on tabs so problems, projects can be found easily.

Cons

maybe more options for tickets can be added, CMDB part its a bit too complicated, it should also be shown as list, notification part after update is not shown in red anymore

Edgar S.

Awesome Ticketing System

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Overall this software is a great ticketing system, i would recommend this to my colleagues.

Pros

ManageEngine makes quality products with a bunch of features, you acn configure a wholee bunch of stuff including reply templates, service request categories, SLA's, Asset Management, Change Management, etc. I am actually very surprised with how much you can do with this piece of software. They offer software updates pretty frequently so you're always up to date.

Cons

The software is really robust and offers a lot, i don't have anything to complain about.

Rick S.

ServiceDesk Plus

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

I've read a lot of reviews where customers complain about ManageEngine's customer service and it really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Yes, sometimes we need to wait for a solution but we aren't the only customer they have either. They usually get back to us sooner than later and the technicians are friendly and helpful.

Pros

Service desk plus is an IT ticketing program. It's fairly intuitive and somewhat easy to use out of the box. It does what it's supposed to do.

Cons

If you have Analytics Plus which provides a lot of information on your ticketing system, it can be difficult to get both Analytics and ServiceDesk to communicate with each other. We requested assistance and it took a while for ManageEngine to get back to us.

7.0/10
Billy W.

Among the top

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Organization is the best benefit that I received from this software. Additionally, maintaining proper process flow and accountability for resolving issues was another.

Pros

Feature rich! Automation ability is great. Affordable if you are going to use the features that it ships with. Additional modules available for additional features.

Cons

Setup is a bit intensive since there are so many pieces parts and features to configure and setup. A bit difficult to navigate at first when everything is enabled.

Bill O.

ServiceDesk Plus brought organization to the chaos that was our ticketing system.

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Pros

Ease of use, and intuitiveness of the software makes training significantly simplified. Additionally, I enjoy how project management, service catalogs and asset tracking all tie together nicely.

Cons

Cost. As much as we love SDP, some of the features we would like to implement are simply too costly . As mentioned in the "Pros" section, we would love to incorporate CMDB, change management, project management, but the modules are simply too expensive for us.

Versatile tool with a lot of features

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

We are a small shop and didn't want to spend a lot of money on a ServiceDesk software, but we are growing and need more functionatlity than we have now. We like dhow ServiceDesk bundled together Project management, Contract Management, Tickets, and Change requests all in one project. I have used the Project management the most so far and am impressed with the features it has. I like how you can create tasks and assign them to people outside of the IT department so that if users need to do some testing they can get reminders that we are waiting on them to complete something. The ticketing system has more features than we will likley need to use, but it's nice to have the flexibility.

Cons

Because there are so many modules in this software it leaves a little something to be desired in each module. I think overall there is plenty of functionality, but when you get into the details you might wish for a few more features. The Project Management module works well, but I wish I could email straight to the task items to keep them updated instead of having to go in and add comments directly.

Great ITSM Software with on-prem and Cloud options!

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

ServiceDesk Plus is one of the software I've used with the feature of having on-prem or cloud version as well. It allows the organization to have the data in its own infrastructure or in ManageEngine's cloud. ServiceDesk Plus is ITIL ready with processes as Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog, CMDB, etc. Also includes automation features, mobile access, reports configuration, and asset management.

Cons

It's poor in integration variety as integrates mostly with other ManageEngine solutions which I see as barely limitative if you want to expand your approach with other solutions.

Mrudul T.

Under Utilization Of Tool And Almost No Support From Vendor

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

The tool provides with various features of which we at our company are using only Incident Management & Change Request Feature, there are other various features which are available like Asset management, but since there is no one from support team working or timely feedback taken from customer for improvement the tool is very much under-utilized.

Pros

Incident management report which is very critical as being part of service delivery

Cons

Product support from vendor is not upto the mark

6.0/10
Miguel N.

I have been using it for the past 8 years

Reviewed on 2018/02/21

Very good ITSM software for a low price, alot of features that can be fully customizable, and easy to keep track of what everyone is doing due to an amazing dashboard!

Pros

* Excellent Service Catalog.
* Convertion of Tickets into projects, Problems, Changes.
* Asset Discovery and CMDB
* Lots of addons.
* Integrated chat.

Cons

This is a great software but updating versions can be a pain, due to the confusing documentation on this matter

Tawanda C.

It has made producing reports easy

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Pros

It is ITIL based and makes me manage projects, changes and incidents under one console .users are able to log tickets using email and portal which gives them options .

Cons

The System is not integrated with social media handles like twitter, Whatsapp and facebook where some of our users want to post querries .Users also highlighed that they want to log using sms of which it is not possible .

Philippe M.

Now using it fow near 3 years. Provided us with the needed tool for ticketing and repporting.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

As a servive oline integrated with Azure AD . Easy setup, no maintenance and fully complient with teh business needs

Pros

Easy to setup and to use. It's alwas improving the features. The mutli portal is also a good improvement opening the scoop of service. Repport are also easy to setup.

Cons

some field selection on creation of ticket sometimes a little slow to be confirmed. This makes it difficult to do a fast encoding

Tracking Your Progress

Reviewed on 2019/05/25

Overall, my experience with servicedesk plus has been great and i would recommend it to any other company i work for

Pros

ServiceDesk is a great tool to manage the tickets you are working on, as well as, keeping a track of all the assets within your company. This provides great audit trail for all of the work that we do

Cons

I am not too fond of the general user interface but it gets the job done nonetheless.

Carlos R.

Over 125 users and counting!

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

We are a relatively small operation with 7 Technicians and around 130 users and ServiceDesk Plus fulfill all of our needs in 100% percent. We have been used it now for almost 4 nears and we have never experienced a single downtime on our service.

Pros

I really like the fact that ServiceDesk Plus can be installed on Premises or can be run from the cloud depending customer needs.

Cons

We cant add Video tutorials to our knowledge base

Nicholas D.

Service Desk is good

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

Its good, easy to use, fast, functional.

Cons

Major complaint is every year the price rises substantially. The features are good, but the pricing, theyre pricing themselves out of the market. And its hard to move helpdesk products, because everyone gets used to it. I also dislike they don't have American support.

5.0/10
David A.

One of the top helpdesk ticketing platforms.

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

Upgrades are easy, the GUI is VERY fluid and easy to use. Support is pretty good also but definitely not a TAC type support, but still good. Pretty much anything you need is on their website somewhere.

Cons

I wish there was a better alerting platform which could alert you when a ticket becomes expired or has been open for X amount of days.

Brett E.

Great Tracking Tool and Self-Service

Reviewed on 2018/02/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The software has lots of options for tracking service within the organization. The software has the ability to track SLA and integrate with your organizations ITIL methodologies. A nice self-service feature is available for staff to utilize.

Cons

The software is not the most intuitive and requires some training to really be able to navigate well.

Maybe the best ticketing system in the market. Great way to organize multi-located teams.

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Pros

Reliable, yet easy to use ticketing system. Provides great configuration options, get hold of open requests, tasks, projects. Great way to organize teams.

Cons

Projects module still leaves a lot to be desired. Good for basic stuff only, although it is not meant to replace more complete (and expensive) project management solutions.

Kiran K.

Its just awesome

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

This save my time a lot

Pros

user friendly and I am getting what exact output I want. Especially with SDP I just love it the way it is designed and the outputs are just awesome.

Cons

Office 365 I expected a lot of reports but unfortunately i didnt get the exact report structure that I need, which was a sad part for me with this software.

Mack M.

Makes tracking our work easy and efficient!

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

The ease of use and how it generates very useful reports. It helps because any manager could walk in and see exactly how much one person has going on from their day-to-day.

Cons

The search Functions That is really the only issue I found with it. It is difficult to search tasks if they are not assigned to me.