PicMonkey

4.5 (1,134)
Write a Review!
Photo editing and design tools designed to elevate brands

(1,134)
4.5/5

Mohamed
Mohamed

I am very satisfied about PicMonkey because it has helped me to grow my online business.

Reviewed on 2023/04/26

Today editing pictures should be intuitive and fast. And PicMonkey provides these 2 needs !

Pros

PicMonkey is among my best editing software. Easy to use and helps me to build the branding of my online business. Thank you very much !

Cons

To be honest i am satisfied about all PicMonkey features and services. Keep going well !!!

Desygner and VistaCreate

The curiosity.

The price.
Nikki
  • Industry: Photography

Affordable photo editing software

Reviewed on 2022/07/29

I successfully edited many photos with picmonkey, and I created social media ads for my business....

While there weren't as many tools as I wanted and the library wasnt as vast as I would like, I was happy with the outcome of my work on Picmonkey. I created our first logo with Picmonkey and customers complimented me on it many times.

Pros

Picmonkey provides most basic photo editing tools, crop, filter, collage maker, etc.
A library of templates is available, to edit templates a drag and drop feature is provided. There is a faunt library and text can be manipulated with shadowing or curvature.
Cloud storage is available and your Picmonkey files can be accessed from any device when you log in.
Files can be shared to most social media or through email.
Picmonkey is not hard to use, customer support is provided. Updates and improvements are made occasionally, recently background remover was added.

Cons

Picmonkey does not rank high for me in tools or library quality.
I have used other software with many more editing tools provided, and more options within those tools (for example more filters in the filter tool).
To download any of your work you'll need to pay for a subscription. The cheaper subscription on Picmonkey provides the same as the free version of other software.

Visme and FotoJet

Reasons for Choosing PicMonkey

My business temporarily came upon a time of financial strain and I needed a low cost alternative. Picmonkey listed many of the tools I needed for a lower price.

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to PicMonkey

Picmonkey was rated easy to use. I needed the new product to be something I could learn quickly as my business is dependent on this kind of software.

Good tool for creating

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Overall my experience started out great with PicMonkey but then I found Canva and was able to create more with that software.

Pros

This is a good tool to use to create social media posts, documents and presentations with icons and graphics. Very user friendly as well.

Cons

It seemed to have its limitations creatively. I ended up switching over to Canva to create my social media posts.

Julia
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Most user friendly, inexpensive image software

Reviewed on 2021/07/06

Excellent, user friendly, great value for the fee, all in one place media tool. Love working with Picmonkey and won’t use anything else!

Pros

The image and video gallery is excellent. It has a diverse set of content and we use it daily. They keep up to date with what is happening around the world and have images and video footage that we can then use in our social media and web presence. The tools are very user friendly and we love the new features that Picmonkey keeps adding to our account; remove background tool, fill text with image etc. , sound for some of the video and more. We love the Effects and Texture features because quite literally in 2 seconds you can change the feel or ambiance of a photo just by adding one of these filters. The photo edit feature is great for the money you pay. Not everyone has the time to sit and use Adobe or Lightroom etc. and navigate through the 1000’s of edit properties. Picmonkey has made edits super easy and gives you the tools you use the most in an easy to find and easy to use format. We also really like the templates already set up for us. IF we want to do just an instagram post, the template and sizing is right there and they have templates for text available just for instagram. They have taken the guess work out and made is extremely simple. For people like us who are not educated in Media etc. this is a game changer. We don’t have a large organization so we can not afford to pay a Social media or online communications expert, we do the work ourselves. So keeping it simple is key.

Cons

It would be better if multiple images could be shared instead of one by one. A more diverse set of graphics would be helpful. For example: basic icons for construction, church, Christmas would be helpful.

Reasons for Choosing PicMonkey

It took hours to edit images in Adobe and Lightroom whereas in picmonkey it takes minutes. Unless I really need to spend a lot of time and edits working on a photo, Picmonkey is a better solution for me.

Reasons for Switching to PicMonkey

Preferred the ease and style, didn’t want to use something free as it slows my computer down, and I get unwanted ads etc. Didn’t want to pay for adobe Lightroom and creative cloud because it took over my computer and it kept crashing. It also took hours to navigate through.
Crystal
  • Industry: Wholesale

Fast, Efficient Slides

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

With PicMonkey I have been able to crop and collage photos, as well as add fonts and stickers to make many useful graphics for my business.

Pros

This software makes it simple for the entry level user to identify different elements of editing and create wonderful slides and photo grids. There is a free trial version, but you can pay for a subscription for access to extra features. It saves work and makes it simple for anyone to use this. As a business owner who sells various products and also runs promotions, I find it a fast solution to make collages as well as sale flyers. You can also download your own fonts or backgrounds to use within the system or have access to a variety of others as well.

Cons

I think this software would benefit from additional features, such as resizing photos easily, as there are times you are limited to the type of work you can do if your uploaded photo is not within the size parameters. I would also like to see more editing options, to retouch photos in more advanced ways, for facial perfection or to color certain areas on black and white photo easily.

Reasons for Switching to PicMonkey

PicMonkey has many features in one place so that I am not having to upload and download multiple times to achieve the final product.
Mohammed

Achieve professional results with amateur level editing skills

Reviewed on 2021/07/20

With PicMonkey, I am able to create the most amazing and engaging content for our community outreach programs. It was courtesy PicMonkey that I chanced upon my graphic designing side hustle -- when some banners I had created with PicMonkey was such a huge hit that I was contracted by our project partners to create same for them. And it's been one satisfied client after another since then.

Pros

The best thing about picmonkey is the ease of use. The very user-friendly interface combines perfectly with a well stocked media library to enable me churn out graphic content in the shortest possible time. Our team presentations and marketing emails have never been boring since I started using PicMonkey to design content materials.

Cons

I am still hoping an advanced version will be released with more advanced editing and video-work tools for the much heavier projects. But I guess the current version was created for the niche market of unsophisticated graphic design work.

Holly
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Love Pic Monkey.

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Totally happy and satisfied. By far the best photo editing app around.

Totally happy and satisfied. By far the best photo editing app around.

Pros

Out of all the photo editing apps, PicMonkey is my favorite. I used to use the free trial and just signed up for a paid account. I love that I can import my own fonts -- and you can even do that on the free trial.

Cons

I do wish the monthly fee was a little cheaper. It is a bit steep but still worth it if you are going to use it everyday. It is a bit annoying that you can't download on the free trial, though.

Olivia
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I couldn't do without it!

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

Pros

This is seriously the best graphic design application for the cost available. I make phenomenal book cover graphics using this software, but also simpler social media sharing graphics. First rate all around.

Cons

Occasionally the site crashes or gets glitchy. Otherwise, great product!

Denise
  • Industry: Entertainment

It makes me feel like an expert

Reviewed on 2021/11/25

Pros

Lots of templates to choose from and very easy to change them to your liking.

Cons

There are not too many things I don’t like now. They have improved the things I didn’t like.

Reasons for Choosing PicMonkey

Less expensive and PicMonkey upped their game.

Meg
Meg
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Don't Love, Don't Hate

Reviewed on 2022/02/18

Not great, not terrible. Easy for someone starting out in brand management.

Not great, not terrible. Easy for someone starting out in brand management.

Pros

Easy to use, customizable templates, modern designs.

Cons

The mobile app is terrible. Sole reason I switched from PicMonkey to a different service.

Reasons for Switching to PicMonkey

Price. Switched after about a year due to their mobile app lacking comprehensive features.
Chineke

Anyone can use PicMonkey

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Before now, I do all my professional photo editing and retouching with Photoshop, but then I met PicMonkey, it became really easy for me as I don't have to have access to my system before I edit. Every member of my team can now do a design using PicMonkey since with the template, they already have a starting point. It has been great, they should just consider leaving some functions as free.

Pros

Its ease of deployment and ability to be understood by anyone saves the day for me. The templates are always a good starting point and I use them all the time.

Cons

Well, the pricing is a little on the high side, at first I thought I could get a lot of functionalities free only to find out that I have to pay after your free trial to continue using it.

Barry

PicMonkey Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/12

If I am looking for a quick basic fix (or if I am being slightly lazy), then PicMonkey can be the ideal solution. It may not have all of the bells and whistles that larger, more powerful software can offer, but for the price and ease of use, it does offer fair value for money.

I recommend this for the beginner rather than a graphic designer.

Pros

PicMonkey is a simple to use piece of software that allows for basic photo editing without the complexities of other software on the market. The changes are instant and it is clearly designed to be used even by those with no previous experience of photo editing.

Their tools menu comes down the side of your screen, and it is easy to find what you are looking for once you get used to the layout. There are various options

The software comes with easy to use templates with you then able to edit them accordingly, and they do provide you with a good base to start from. Once again, I feel that this makes life easier for those individuals just starting out with creating graphics and learning all about how to use layers to create an end product.

The software is not power-hungry, so if your computer is lacking in the processor or memory area then you will not have a problem running PicMonkey. Also, with everything done via their website, there's no software to download meaning everything is kept up to date.

Cons

While they can be fun, there are a number of more cartoon-like effects. Also, the company did change the layout of the backend which made it slightly less usable in my opinion. However, they do provide you with the option of reverting back to the old way of doing things, so it's not a big deal.

Joseph
Joseph
  • Industry: Printing

Great online photo editor that's perfect...almost!

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

PicMonkey is a great piece of software perfect for most of our photo editing needs. If you're looking for an inexpensive alternative that's easy to use and cost effective...this could be your solution!

Pros

My wife and I were both blogging and found ourselves regularly needed photo editing software to create eye-catching pictures for our blogs. We tried several options but none of them worked well for both of us until we found PicMonkey.

The features PicMonkey offers are super robust and allow for a maximum amount of creativity. But best of all, the user interface is simple so that accessing all of its powerful features doesn't require hours of training and repeat use.

After we began using it, we realized that it was a great tool for all sorts of photo editing projects, from kid/family pics to Facebook cover photo and Instagram posts. All-in-all, it's a great piece of software and the app gives mobile function that is nearly as powerful as the online browser tool.

Cons

The biggest (and really, only) con to this software is that it's very difficult to work with more than one picture at a time. There were times I really wanted to overlay or compare or crop two different pictures for one project and the PicMonkey interface doesn't really make that possible. For the most part, this wasn't a huge problem for us, though occasionally I had to create one image, save it, then import it as a new image in order to add another layer of creative editing. It's not a huge problem most of the time, but it did come up from time-to-time.

Juliet

The PicMonkey Designing Tool Review: Features, Pros and Cons.

Reviewed on 2022/11/01

PicMonkey was the first designing app that I used before trying others for branding and the creation of graphics for my websites. I created some of my logos and blog images in PicMonkey. I found it to be frustrating when you're creating presentations and you miss some keys when typing, so the best option is to type the text elsewhere and paste it in. When I discovered Canva, I found PicMonkey was lacking some of the features found in Canva and I could not also pay for two subscriptions. I chose Canva instead.

Pros

PicMonkey is a simple to use app especially when editing images. What I like most about PicMonkey is being able to see the color hex on any element just by hovering on top of it. Its a cool feature when it comes to blending colors in elements. PicMonkey also lets you see the exact size of the element you're working on and it can resize it for you automatically. PicMonkey has more tools for touching up images such as airbrush and smoother that you don't find in other apps.

Cons

PicMonkey has less elements than other apps such as Canva. Their graphics are limited and at times you are forced to source them elsewhere. PicMonkey does not have a lot of customized elements although they have been adding them on but they are still lagging behind compared to other apps like Canva. The basic version does not allow you to crop photos so you have to upgrade. PicMonkey is a bit slow when you type quickly inside the app, you can miss some keystrokes.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Be a professional image editor with picmonkey

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Overall picmonkey is simply superb. I like it alot. I can do editing in picmonkey the all day and I never get tired of it. I highly suggest this software to all the people who are interested in image editing work.

Pros

This is an amazing image editor so far I have encountered. Apart from my career photography and editing is one of my passion. Picmonkey made my passion come true. This software is very useful for the youtubers and bloggers who frequently work with pictures and image editing. There is a facility of using free trial for 7 days then you can decide. And also its less costly compared to other image editing softwares. There is base and pro plans for bill payment you can subscribe to one which is convenient. Picmonkey is compatible with mobiles,Android and computers. So you can edint the pictures on the go. And also there is cloud service where you can store the edited pictures.

Cons

There are very few flaws in this software. Specially it glitches when I try to use it in the computer. And also I prefer if we get proper instructions within this software.

Jannatin
Jannatin
  • Industry: Chemicals

Need a quick edit! You've got it!

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Overall, PicMonkey was a great experience and still continues to be one of the best sites I use to quickly make image edits and design from anywhere and on any device. I highly recommend this for beginners in editing as well since everything is clear and you can easily click through whatever options they have to choose what you want to use to edit with!

Pros

PicMonkey is the most easiest tool I've use to this date to make quick and simple graphic edits. I even get to edit my images, make them pop, add text, and more! I can make things with their templates or I can easily make stuff out of scratch. There is so much you can do with this software and everything is in large and easy to navigate through so you could get the best out of it when editing.

Cons

A lot of features to make your photos even better require a monthly membership, but I'll be honest, it is worth it. There is so much you can do with or without the membership but I enjoyed using this so much I just got it anyway.

Great for quick and easy design projects - Extremely User Friendly!!

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Overall, PicMonkey has helped streamline our design process inhouse. We use PicMonkey for easy projects that don't need to be done using PhotoShop.

Pros

PicMonkey has a ton of great templates to use for different types of projects. I have found the Instagram templates & the Email Header templates to be most useful for our company, but they have plenty of others (Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Logo, etc.)! When I am hitting a design wall it's easy for me to jump in to PicMonkey for templates or even just for inspiration! They also have a great selection of fonts to choose from.

Cons

I would like the option to be able upload or download images in bulk. For example, if I am uploading multiple photos into a template, I have to do so one at a time. Or if I created multiple social media posts that need to be downloaded, I have to do so one at a time. When I am creating 30+ posts for the month, that can be time consuming.

Farryn
  • Industry: Design

PicMonkey for the Win!

Reviewed on 2020/01/04

Great experience with the program! People ask me all the time how I made this or that and I say “PicMonkey”!

Pros

PicMonkey allows you to do literally everything photoshop can do but for WAY less money! I have been using PicMonkey for years and the updates make it better and better! I use PicMonkey to design ads for my business, birthday invitation, Christmas cards.. the list goes on and on. They have so many templates and sizes of print to fit IG stories, FB groups etc! PicMonkey is the best! You can download and use your own fonts and images too.

Cons

I can’t think of any cons with this new update. I guess if I had to think of something it would be that with the new update I have to pay more to download my design as a PDF..

Gede Ananda
Gede Ananda
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Quick edit never been easier

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

At first, I found this software when I was in the Airport when suddenly my client need to make some simple revision, at that time I don't bring my laptop with me and only got my tablet. I feel a little bit hesitant to buy the monthly membership for 7 dollars, thanks to the Trial Version it convinced me to buy the membership. If you need to do a quick edit like add a text, invert the color or move the image object this app is an answer.

Pros

I recommend this app to beginner graphic designer because this app makes editing like playing some minigames, it's fun and simple. The user interfaces the last time I used it is so Clean and simple, people without any basic knowledge of editing can use this. There's lot of great features in the paid version. Overall great apps to edit your picture if you not a tech-savvy guy or just started into graphic design

Cons

To be honest, because of the monthly subscription a lot of people will be looking down at this app, the Trial Version not helping much. I hope instead Picmonkey will be available in some Free Version way

Wendy

PicMonkey -- Professional Results...Even for Newbies

Reviewed on 2023/02/24

Very positive! PicMonkey is my go-to photo editing software for my blog. Pictures of food really pop once I use the software's capability

Pros

I love how much editing ability I have. From a raw photo, I can: crop, lighten/darken, adjust color/hue/saturation, use filters for creative looks, add borders, and even add text with creative fonts and colors. If I can imagine it? I can make it happen with PicMonkey

Cons

With the latest upgrade, they added a hub that adds an extra step. Once I got used to it, I don't mind it now...but I loved how simple it was before.

Oombawka Design
Oombawka Design

Excellent online photo editing product.

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

I'm very comfortable with the platform now since I use it everyday. I find it is super quick to make a photo edit or collage for my blog posts. Good value for the price I pay.

Pros

Ease of use. Lots of fonts and frames and everything can be easily resized, dragged and dropped. You can balance white color, move elements in layers back and forth and even sample colors with the eye dropper tool to match up your colors for fonts, design elements and photos.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches for me and nothing seems to work on the screen...but if I move my cursor to the top left of the screen and then back to the center it responds again. I also wish there were new updated templates in the social media template section. They haven't changed in a couple years.

Craig M.
Craig M.

If you are not a graphic artist but, you work with photos, PicMonkey is for you!

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Great looking basic photo editing for people who know nothing about ... photo editing.

Pros

I can't draw stick people but, I do a lot of writing and that writing often requires the use of images. I also maintain two web sites and they have a lot of images.

My needs are not that sophisticated but, every piece of photo editing software that I looked at was may more than what I needed and I couldn't even figure out how it worked.

PicMonkey is simple to use, does everything that I need, and has never not provided me with the tools to make any image look better!

Cons

Really, it's great! My only complaint is that I upgraded to the premium version of this program when the removed the ability to save edited documents from the free version. I can edit but not save? What's the point?

Now, the save function (they call it export), does not always work. You click the button and it does nothing, However, right below that they have a link to download the saved image (no difference than their export) and, it always works. Minor but annoying.

Allison
Allison
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great stepping stone program if you don't want to buy Photoshop

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

I have been a long-time user. In the past few years, they have really amped up the features to allow for more photo customization. While this is a good thing, I think they are reaching a point where the tool is starting to get too complex. That said, I appreciate that they are listening to their customers and adding new features to make simple photo editing easier.

Pros

PicMonkey has a lot of features. They used to be a simpler program, but have added more and more features over time while still remaining fairly user friendly. It isn't a program you can use for professional-level photo manipulation, but it does give you everything you need to create photos for your website. It's a stepping stone - more features than simply photo manipulation apps, but not as complex as Photoshop.

Cons

They used to have a free version with access to some of the most basic features. Now, they have a free trial, but no free version. If you just need to do simple things like resizing and adding text to the photo, there are free apps that will get the job done.

Jiří
  • Industry: Events Services

PicMonkey is helping us to sort and contact our customers in e-commerce from Google etc.

Reviewed on 2023/02/22

It is effectivly helping us to sort and get new customers from our e-mail list.

It is effectivly helping us to sort and get new customers from our e-mail list.

Pros

PicMonkey is helping us to sort and contact our custommers in e-commerce from Google etc. It helps to growing number of our customer conversation

Cons

The Czech Localisation and Czech language would be of Use. But it is very simple and intuitive to use in sorting and messeging of our clients.

Angele

I'm an avid, longtime fan and user of PicMonkey!

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

It's allowed me to blog/vlog void of being a computer genius or a photoshop pro! Very thankful I found this software. It's beginner friendly. You can literally plug and play...

Pros

LOVE how you're constantly adding new features and fonts. Big fan of your touch-up editing features (CURVES saves me every time!) That alone makes this software worth every penny.

Cons

the freaking layers and overlay windows are always in the way! I wish it was easier to centre images - I can do it with text. Pictures or box overlays is a whole different story. I'm sure you get this lots. As a paying member (4yrs I think) I wish I had a bit more Hub room...