Designrr

Write a Review!
Content management tool for creating & repurposing content

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5

Svetla
Svetla

Super easy and cheap ebook builder

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Designrr allows to launch professionally looking ebooks in super short time. They look nice, can be customized easily and then exported into PDF or flipbooks. Perfect for anyone looking to launch ebooks without breaking the bank and without the need to employ a designer. Price is super affordable considering it's a lifetime license!

Pros

Very easy to use. Create your content in Word, then directly import it into Designrr. Then use one of their nice templates and customize if you want. Very easy! No design skills needed and it takes so little time so set up an ebook. Haven't done extremely fancy ebooks but still they look good and neat, totally professional. Also the price is super low and it's for a lifetime license. Can't ask for more really.

Cons

Everything is great! Maybe a bigger choice of templates would be even better, even though there is a good choice even now.

Glenn
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Happy to discover this!

Reviewed on 2021/07/10

Great service that addresses a need for content creators and designers, with well-done functionality and ease of use.

Pros

I've only been using this service for a short while but am really enjoying it. In my work it's always a challenge to make our content more engaging, and the easy ebook and flipbook creation is really increasing our page reads. Importing and designing content is also easy and intuitive, so I get my work done a lot quicker.

Cons

So far haven't had any problems using it. Having an quick way to have multiple blocks of text become one big text block is on my wish list, but it's not that big of a deal for me.

Shirley
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

I Really Want to Love Designrr.io but ...

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Trying to import from Word. Keep getting an error that it cannot import Word Docx. But that is the format Designrr is supposed to be able to import. So I switched to Google docs import. I was ecstatic that importing into Designrr via Google Doc actually worked! Although I followed the help docs when I prepared my document for importing. It still imported with a lot of formatting issues. It seems, functions that "should be" simple aren't. I upgraded to the PRO version thinking the issues I had with the basic version would not be an issue with an upgraded account. Unfortunately, for me that has not been the case. I did contact support but to be fair it's only been a couple of hours. The low support score I gave was due to the fact that they lack documentation for troubleshooting. The help center consists of tutorial videos. But there aren't' any articles to help figure out issues before contacting support. There are alternatives on the market and I've decided to give them a try. This may be a great option for many and if that's the case awesome! It's just hasn't been a great option for me. To be fair, I have managed to complete a few pdfs using Designrr but not without some of the same issues I've already mentioned.

Pros

I like the features offered by Designrr. The ability to import from Word, Google Docs is what made me want to upgrade my subscription.

Cons

(Sigh) I really, really , really want to love Designrr but I have yet to have a "bug free" session. Every single time I use it which is less and less these days. I end up trying to use a feature that for whatever reason either just doesn't work or I have to "figure out" how to get something to work the way it does in their tutorials. Perhaps it's growing pains. Who knows.

Likhwa M.
Likhwa M.
  • Used for 2+ years

Lovely document designs with designer

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

I found Designrr very helpful and created professional looking brochures with it.

Pros

I like the numerous templates to create all sorts of documents. Designrr is a one stop software for publishing and it solves all our publishing needs.

Cons

Despite having numerous categories, designrr is comes with limited templates.

Mashapha Daniel

Cons and Pros about Designrr

Reviewed on 2023/10/14

My overall experience with Designrr is perfect in particular Wordgenie which produce a whole book in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Wordgenie. Production of a whole book in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Information does not repackage itself after moving a subparagraph. When moving from a4 format to A5 format the icon to globalize similar information does not work at times

Frederick
  • Industry: Information Services

Best Product on the Market

Reviewed on 2023/10/25

Pros

I like the easy-to-use design and layout. So simple that my ten-year-old daughter is about to write her very first E-Book. Highly recommended for any and everyone...

Cons

At this moment and time I do not have anything negative to say

Bruno

Awesome companion for creating a book

Reviewed on 2023/10/24

I'm glad I found this app

I'm glad I found this app

Pros

Gives you a framework to start and edit to make the work feel like you

Cons

Templates are very confusing to choose from. So simplest is best for starters

Terry

A newbie to Designrr

Reviewed on 2023/11/23

Very good once my business take off, I be upgrading my plan

Very good once my business take off, I be upgrading my plan

Pros

creating my E-book, and the covers. easy to use

Cons

the credit to buy, to do my work, i need a lot some time.

Gerald
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Real good

Reviewed on 2023/10/16

Pros

Easy to use and very good outcome. Very satisfied

Cons

Layout sometimes doesn´t work 100%, but it is still ok (they asked for something negative ;-) )

Ahmed
Ahmed
  • Industry: Media Production

Content management and publishing at its best

Reviewed on 2021/08/13

Overall it was a great experience because it made work life much easier for me

Overall it was a great experience because it made work life much easier for me

Pros

I loved the fact how so many amazing features are combined in a single software makes it quite useful for creators that can’t afford paying for independent softwares in order to avail them otherwise

Cons

As a newbie it gave me a pretty hard time learning how to access and properly use every feature

Kenneth
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Designrr Changed The World

Reviewed on 2021/01/17

Designrr has changed my way of doing things online by enabling me to create content fast and publish it. This software is underpriced and it over delivers. All software creators need to take a page from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] book and learn how to provide this kind of customer support and product.

Pros

I have said it many times and I will say it again. This is the best software that I have ever bought. I have been a subscriber since the beginning in2015/16 and this software only gets better with time. I am just amazed at the upgrades that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the crew have done to Designrr over the years. This is the software that changed the world. I even wrote a blog about Designrr. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
I wrote that from my own experience and stand behind it 100%

Cons

No problems. I love everything about Designrr.
Anyone that has problems is provided free training by the Designrr.

Caterina
  • Industry: Publishing

Publishing Software I Can Not Live Without

Reviewed on 2023/06/12

I can not live without this software. I publish a lot of lead magnets and books and this cuts my work down to hours instead of days or weeks. Their customer service team is awesome too and they are very responsive.

Pros

It has a brand new Ai tool that can research a topic, create an outline for a book and then write the book for you. Even better, the table of contents that it creates can be edited. After it does all of this, you choose the template and it automatically formats the book for you.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve when you are trying to tweak elements and although I love that it experts in pdf, epub, flipbook and other formats, I would love it if they included an export to word.

Larry
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

This software delivers.

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

As with everything learn a little about the software and how it works. Learn what it supposed to do and let it do it. When I realised this I have made it do wonderful things.

Pros

I like everything about this. There are many tutorials in the help section. You can join the Facebook group. If you are having problems someone else has had they direct to where you can find answers. If you still have questions or have unique problem support is there to help, Just Ask.
Learn how the software works and you will have a wonderful experience.

Cons

When I started I thought there were to many templates. I started to learn how they worked and figured which I liked it opened a world of options. There should be a "What this can do for you" as an introduction for those that are starting out. Maybe a "What this won't do" somewhere.

Giacomo
  • Industry: Design

If you have the money for it, it's an instabuy

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Providing pricing catalogs with this is quite nice. E-books, and white papers, such a blast.

Pros

This is a no brainer after you get to taste the impact of that flipbook in your customers. The ease of implementation on a website, just remarkable.

They gave a lot of thought on the editor design and luckily, in case they failed about thinking of some solution, you still have access to the html editor which it will most likely accept any piece of problem solver there.

Pretty accessible, even in these times.

Cons

Although very effective, the editor could improved a lil bit more. Sometimes I find myself struggling why some changes are not taking in place, specially when working with the tables.

You could also allow having more than 2 background colors for each column of the table. Let's say you want to make a pricing list formatted as a column matrix and you are offering different plans to your customers. It would be nice to being able of selecting a color per each column.

The flipbook is amazing, but I don't see to find myself quite pleased with the size of the book when rendered. It does have a zoom button, yet I would prefer the flipbook to occupy the whole screen (width and height as well) in that way it would really give a feeling that you are reading a book. Like, regardless of the paper size, the flipbook is rendered in such a way that the page takes the whole screen.

Sotiris

Designrr Review By Sotiris Bassakaropoulos

Reviewed on 2021/05/25

Great E-book software but don't like paying monthly for the pleasure and don't like the way the affiliate system works.

Pros

I thought the lifetime license for creating E-Books was fantastic value at $27 and makes creating E-books very simple and easy.

Cons

I disliked that the lifetime license only allows you to create Free Ebooks to giveaway and you needed to upgrade to a monthly or annual payment to sell them, I also thought some of the pricing for the video transition was a tad expensive at $300 per month considering it is being done by software. I bought an AI software that costs me $29 per month and it allows me to create as many transcriptions from videos as I want for up to 30-minute videos.

Johan

Wish I read these reviews before purchasing

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

The overall experience is the real issue. I am disappointed. I wanted it to work. But my first and only designrr ebook will be the last.

I expect things to go wrong but the real color shows when things go wrong.

If all works well go for it. But be warned. It's not going to be pleasant when things go wrong.

Pros

The ebook looks great. It's nice to import from Google docs.

Cons

Bugs, bugs, and more bugs. I imported from Google docs. Support said I copied bad code and that's why my book breaks.
Fonts change, paragraphs break in many short sentences.

Support said I must clear cache. Or get training. Formating stuff needs training but I have written very many blogs and articles.

I then went to support. They stop supporting. I went to their Facebook group but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the boss deleted my post. And said he will not talk to me any longer. I was trying to get support from him.

Lyn
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Best software i've ever bought

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Fabulous ... I was struggling watching videos of best ways to produce my books but once I found designrr I was at least up and running ... now to afford the pro-bundle

Pros

designrr is an easy to use slick piece of software. I have written a few "how to" and "children's" books, book's that I intent to sell on line and convert to other mediums such as audio books training courses and video's. I am at the very start of this journey and I didn't really know where to start. Thank goodness for designrr. I tentatively bought it at an extremely low price hoping that it would help me in the production process. IT DOES THAT AND FAR MORE... it is very easy to use with a very good help section and plenty of back up from the company. As with everything you have to familiarise yourself with the interface but you will soon be making beautiful and pleasing articles ...

Cons

I think that a little more explanations could be included for picture use and using templates and a guide on how to create your own ( from scratch) cover would be good... It is all there but when learning to use this software it is trial and error to find it

Sydney

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

I like the SW. It allows me to produce my short stories in a book format.
Support is also fairly...

I like the SW. It allows me to produce my short stories in a book format.
Support is also fairly good. someone always responds within the prescribed time.
Looking forward to the ability to create audio books

Pros

The ability to create PDF and Flip Books

Cons

Although I have a fairly good internet connection(Bell.ca), editing can be tedious. I produce short stories accompanied with pictures. Setting up the pages can be a hassle.

Dennis

Designerr

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

Pros

This software get's our thought leadership out there with our branding very quickly and allows us to re purpose it for different mediums.

Cons

The selection of templates and the graphics allows for customization or professional looking marketing pieces developed quickly

Jacqueline
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Does what it says on the tin

Reviewed on 2021/04/13

Frustrating at first and then switching to absolute delight and desire to keep on using it.

Pros

What works for me is that I can prepare my document in WORD and then upload it to Designrr to give it a very polished and professional look.

Cons

I struggled at first with doing basic things such as moving paragraphs up and down a page or I ended up with a double set of Table of Contents. I got very frustrated as I'm not a techie and mature in years. Customer Service helped me a lot and when they suggested a 30 minute session with one of the trainers, I jumped at the chance. That set me on the road and a few simple tweaks helped to fine tune my e-book. The secret - get it right in WORD first.

Walter

Newbie

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

Overall I do believe it is a phenomenal program or platform that I can use for my other books that has been sitting because I didn't like the experience of a self publishing company. With designrr I can eliminate that process for good.

Pros

I like the fact that I can write a book and turn it into an ebook and flipbook without a cost of a publisher. I can also sell the download. Make a mini book from the first few chapters to promote the full novel.

I had written a book a few years ago and self published it with a company. Yet I don't receive much on the royalties from it. Plus they are selling it at a price that I believe it too high. With designrr I can sell it at a more reasonable price.

Cons

There are a few draw backs in the design faze. It separates the text into different elements when I imported my raw data. When I tried to make changes I have to rewrite certain sections to get it where I want it.

Brian
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Designrr - the name is weird, the product is not.

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

I needed to create an ebook to sell my product online - I chose this one and have never regretted that decision.

Pros

By far the most important aspect of this software is its ease of use.

Cons

The price jump from Pro upwards takes it way above my spending limit.

alison

NEWBIE AND LOVING IT

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

CREATING AN E BOOK IS JUST WHAT I NEEDED AS I HAVE RUN MANY LIVE COURSES BEFORE THE PANDEMIC AND USUALLY ONLY HAVE HAND OUTS FOR THE STUDENTS
NOW AS I AM FOCUSING ON ONLINE COURSES I CAN BRING ALL MY BLOGS,WRITTEN DETAILS AND IMAGES TOGETHER AS NEVER BEFORE . WITH THE OPTION TO PROGRESS WITH MY VIDEOS ETC IN THE FUTURE
I HAVE SOMETHING WHICH LOOKS PROFESSIONAL AND THAT MY CLIENTS CAN ACCESS EASILY

Pros

I DO NOT CONSIDER MYSELF A TECHNICAL EXPERT BUT I AM SLOWLY GETTING TO HANDLE THE MAKING OF AN E BOOK AND I HAVE IDEAS FOR MANY TO SUPPORT MY MAIN BUSINESS THEME AS A YOGA TEACHER & THERAPIST
THE VARIETY OF TEMPLATES AND HOW I CAN UPLOAD SO MANY BLOGS AND IMAGES I HAVE HAD FOR SEVERAL YEARS IS EXCITING . MY WORK IS COMING TOGETHER AS SOMETHING MUCH MORE COMPLETE

Cons

I DON'T HAVE ANY THING MISSING SO FAR . I WOULD HAVE TO DO MORE AND SEE WHAT COMES UP AS I AM COMING IN WITH NO EXPERIENCE OR MUCH TECHNICAL SKILL. I AM A LITTLE ON THE SLOW SIDE BUT ONCE I GET IN THE FLOW ITS VISUAL MAGIC

James

What a treat

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

I was skeptical that the tool could work as well as it does. The reality is this content design tool works even better than it is described and is not a valuable part of my toolkit for content deployment.

Pros

I like the ease of getting started and having a product in a very short time. But what is even better is that you have a super large variety of options and if you can put in a little more time you can produce extraordinary content even if you are not a designer at heart.

Cons

I would love the transcription included at a lower level for basic use.

SCOTT
  • Industry: Music
  • Used for 1+ year

Praise for Designrr

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Designrr is always prompt with getting back to me. They are consistently adding value to the user. As soon as they make a tweak or an addition, they send it right into my account and notify me that they have. And that's without adding any cost to what I have purchased from them.

Pros

Designrr makes it easy to turn your manuscript into a PDF or as a book you can sell: )

Cons

I don't have anything at this stage to say as a con.