8x8 Work

Integrated contact center, voice, chat, video, and APIs

Anthony "Tony"
Anthony "Tony"

Best VoIP

Reviewed on 2016/12/10

We have started a landscape and hardscape business in Houston recently. Just a small family owned organization with big dreams. In researching a phone option, I found 8X8 to be the exact match that we were looking for. The cost was low and keeps us going, but the features are the best. In the world of cellular phones, I have a personalized 8X8 auto-attendant message answering calls, and with a press of one button, customers and vendors get connected to the person or department that they need. No more answering and hanging around the phone at the office. Voice mail messages are emailed to me. I can listen and forward the voice mail to whom I need to handle the situation. They don't have to dial in or anything. The message is an attachment. Also, I get to set business hours, set messages, and control the phone system from an app and the website. The app also allows me to answer the lines and monitor things from anywhere with internet service or cellular internet. A great option and system for my company and I.

Pros

Ease of use, and I can adapt it to my needs whenever I want. The list is long: Record your voice mail message for different situations. Set your auto attendant to direct calls to your employees. Voice mail messages emailed to you. Forward voice mail through email. Make changes through the app or online. Answer your phone thorough the app...You don't have to be in the office to answer the office phone. We have bus, ness cards with one number and let the auto attendant direct the call. Best cost I found for office systems. And you can expand it.

Cons

I have found none. The system works great and gives me access to things like voice mail messages emailed to me. So, I can listen to voice mail right then and there. No need to call in and punch numbers to get a voice mail message.

Swapnil
Swapnil

Easy to set up and easy to use VOIP phone system

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Modernized our 8-year-old phone systems. Easy to use for the young crowd.

Modernized our 8-year-old phone systems. Easy to use for the young crowd.

Pros

1. Ease of setup of physical phones in the office
2. Cloud management and cloud access with adequate permissions to everyone
3. I love the Fax feature as we have to send out faxes to old-school customers and/or government agencies. This fax feature is similar to uploading documents in an email.
4. I love the voicemail to email feature too. When there are a lot of voicemails, instead of going through multiple messages serially, you can just open email to hear it on your phone or PC.
5. Their call forwarding feature is great too. When you are not on the phone, or when management is at some conference, they get their calls on their cell phones if needed.

Cons

1. The phone ethernet line has to go through your PC. So every time you restart your PC/shutdown your PC, the phone restarts.

2. I had initial privacy concerns due to the line going through the PC. We agreed to it due to the reputation of the company.

Travis

8x8’s technology is mediocre, the call quality poor, and it is significantly priced

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

I am a small business owner. I did extensive research into VoIP providers before selecting 8x8 for my business over three years ago. They had reasonable pricing at the time and offered a discount when I joined if I agreed to sign up for a 12-month term.

Cons

Their platform was not intuitive so the setup was painful. Eventually I was able to get the service up and running for my company. Immediately we noticed that the call quality was poor and unreliable. I had signed up to a 12-month term so we tried to make the most of it. As a new small business we were so busy trying to satisfy our customers that we didn’t have time to search for a new VoIP provider anyway. We suffered through 8x8 for 3+ years. Over time my team started taking calls on their personal cell phone's instead of through the 8x8 computer / mobile app because 8x8’s call quality was so unreliable. I did research and found a much more cost effective solution, which after testing also had better call quality and a more intuitive interface. When I tried to cancel my 8x8 services I was informed that because I had initially signed up for a 12 month term that I would be required to pay for over 6 months of remaining service even if I canceled and transfered the numbers. The services is so horrible that it was worth the ransom to leave 8x8. If you are a small business owner stay away!

Jono

One of the Most Stable VOIP Systems

Reviewed on 2023/12/13

Pros

They have all the necessary functions used for our business

Cons

Some of the staff members needs a longer time to adapt to the 8x8 system

Response from 8X8

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time to leave us a 5-star review. Your review means a lot to us. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Dallas
Dallas

8x8 works great for an ip phone client

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Works well to manage and make calls from my computer, nice that I can connect it to my actual deskphone or just use the internet to make calls all from my work number. The mobile android app was not as easy to use and receive calls on.

Pros

I use the computer app to manage my phone calls and texts from my work number. It works as needed, and it's nice that I can even text from there too.

Cons

I downloaded the app to my phone to make calls from my work number using my cell phone, and when receiving and making calls from there, I had multiple people tell me they couldn't hear me, and then I will hang up and call again using my cell phone's default dialer, and it's better. The mobile app had some other small hangups, ended up deleting it and just using the computer program while at my desk.

Kurt
Kurt

I hope you speak Filipino or Tagalog.

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Very poor service. Their call center is based in the Philippines and a huge language/sentence structure barrier exists. Every level o support you are transferred to you have to explain yourself multiple multiple times. It is exhaustive and a giant time vacuum. Their administration dashboard is very easy to navigate, but there are 2 to 3 different administration portals that you can access for reporting or analytics, but they contradict. It is almost impossible to figure out individual rep information and the logic in what they display is tied to useless information or information that leads the viewer down the wrong path and can cause a lot of confusion. There is minimal to no support for Mac OS users (we use both Mac and PC) and the versions don't talk to each-other. So our Mac users can not communicate via their chat-ap with our PC users. Overall, its system 'works', but God forbid if anything breaks or you need to expand or anything more complicated than a basic phone ring group needs to be set up. Be prepared to set aside an afternoon at minimum to try and accomplish anything.

Pros

Response time from support is quick. Online self service portal is a good source of info as well.

Cons

Support language barrier, limited or no Mac OS support, Overly complex reporting features and analytics.

Cinthya
Cinthya
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

This is an amazing dialer software for mid to large size contact centers.

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Very pleased with the overall experience, 8x8 is an amazing tool for Contact Center and call-driven interactions, keep in mind you will still need a softphone software to sync it with. I would gladly recommend 8x8 to other users.

Pros

This an optimal tool for many platforms like Salesforce, Zendesk, and many other softphone platforms, it allows multi-way calls and also comes with its own monitoring/Storing platform which is suitable for Quality assurance and overall interaction tracking.

Cons

It can come a little pricey, and, its UI is a little too mechanical compared to other platforms in the market. nonetheless, its capabilities overcompensate for such details.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

8x8

Reviewed on 2023/07/03

I use this app every day making more than 100 calls per day, for sure i will recomend this app

Pros

Easy to use, very friendly app , good connection and good quality in the calls also in the call recording you have the advantage to use it in your pc and in your smartphone

Cons

It will need a good internet speed to be more stable also if you are logged in your pc and smarphone if you receive an inbound both will ring at the same time pc and smartphone

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Easy and friendly Software.

Reviewed on 2023/06/29

Excellent tool to help with the traffic of calls within company and place outbound calls to follow up on this business. Great tool to follow up internally with each agent/worker.

Pros

Upload picture, personalize theme and the call recording option. If I couldn't hear or understand a part of the conversation I am able to go back and listen to it.

Cons

The only thing I would say is that the ring tone is not friendly at all. You should have more options for ringtone. I've tried the other one that it has and it is awful.

Bethany
Bethany

We switched to a new phone system because of flaws in 8x8

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Not the worst but not the best phone system

Not the worst but not the best phone system

Pros

It has all the functions that are desirable in a phone system. Calls, IMs, faxing, etc. It is a classic phone system that can meet your minimum requirements and the dial-in app for creating meetings works well.

Cons

Our company switched to a new phone system because we would have frequent dropped calls and the IMs would not notify when a message was sent until hours later.

Kimberly
  • Industry: Law Practice

Initial review of 8x8

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Thus far my experience has been completely positive. The product is very easy to use. The intuitive menu makes navigating simple, even for luddites like myself. Being able to quickly and easily switch from calling to texting (or do them at the same time) is exactly what I was looking for. The call quality has been better than my prior service, though I have had some static-filled calls. There weren't enough to make me question the service though. Setting up a web meeting is easy, one-click easy, and screen sharing works perfectly. For participants on phones, they are asked to download the 8x8 app in order to join the web meeting, but once they do any future meetings are one-click entry. I have had a few clients struggle to get into the meetings but honestly that seems to be user-error and there have been no difficulties with mac v. pc, etc. Overall, I'm very pleased with the service and recommend giving them a try if you're in the market.

Pros

Everything is in one place, on one dashboard - phone, fax, text messaging, calendaring, web meeting with video and screen sharing. Adding lines with company growth is easy as well.

Cons

It took a few weeks from initial order to the actual installation meeting with tech support BUT there is tech support! I wasn't able to test the texting feature while in the porting process.

Joel

I Recommend 8x8 All the Time!

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

I work with a lot of different companies and help them choose a variety of software and technology vendors. Normally when we are replacing phone systems I look at 8x8 as one of my top three choices for each client. So far we have only had one client where it wasn't a fit due to the large number of lines they needed 8x8 to manage and the cost associated with that. Overall every client I have connected with 8x8 has ended up loving them. The service is excellent as long as you have stable Internet and their customer service is outstanding.

Pros

- Feature rich VoIP system for low monthly cost per line
- Get discounts the more lines you add
- Offers virtual soft phones for no additional cost
- Solid variety of physical office phones to choose from; phones come pre-programmed just plug them in and they work
- Call management and users can be edited from the portal easily
- Very reliable servers and service
- Offers free testing tool to see how well your Internet and network would handle their service
- Port your existing numbers and add new ones

Cons

- Completely dependent on your Internet connection; if you have bad or spotty Internet your phone call quality will be poor
- If you have a lot of numbers to port over (more than 100 or 1000 for a call center) their per number port fees are higher than other providers even at the discounts

Joel

Simple to use phone system management

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

The biggest benefit gained is simple incoming and outgoing call management. I have over 70 clients who could call at any given time and it is important to be able to easily view any missed calls/voicemails/text messages so that I can return the calls. I've found 8x8's service to be more than satisfactory, especially considering the price point.

Pros

The visual layout of this application is intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to mange incoming and outgoing phone calls from my desktop. I also appreciate how easy it is to add contacts as they call in. The application provides handy desktop notifications which allow me to stay on top of any missed calls/voicemails/text messages I missed while I am away from my business phone.

Cons

This application can be a bit of a resource hog. My computer is a few years old already and runs it just fine but anything older would cause me concern. If you do not restart your computer periodically, the application can start to have issues showing notifications. I've begun restarting my computer every 3-4 days (for reasons including 8x8 software and more) and have not seen the issue since.

Ganesh
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Best Communication Software

Reviewed on 2018/08/18

small UI mistakes make it look bad, But overall a good product.

small UI mistakes make it look bad, But overall a good product.

Pros

Best softphone services with multiple changeable numbers, Its the best virtual office with multiple features when compared to its competitors. It also provides visual voicemails, phone directory, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, web conferencing and many more.

Cons

There aren't many cons I faced. The con that I feel is with instant messaging.
When you and your colleague are using virtual office and there is a new update and if your colleague updates the software and if you didn't then neither of your would be able to communicate, until you both are on the same version of the software.
When you add a new unknown number to chat and didn't send any kind of text to that number and you suddenly switched to another chat, BOOM then you won't be able to find that number, you need to add that number again. (Only in New updated UI version)

These are some of the minor Cons I faced in my everyday usage

Joseph

Great system for small and medium businesses; If you know how to set it up

Reviewed on 2021/12/22

Pros

This software is fairly intuitive but can be frustrating for customers if they are coming from existing analog phone lines. 8x8 X Series really shines with remote administration. It is easy for admins to get feedback from their customers and implement the features they want.

Cons

There are some ring group issues that could be better. Sometimes you want ring groups to be different based on a certain set of criteria, however frequently I have customers that want only one VM box with 2 different ring groups. I would be a great addition to be able to define where a VM can go.

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for leaving a review Joseph, I understand the challenge you have with the ring group. You may follow the steps provided on this article so you can route where the VM will go > https://support.8x8.com/cloud-phone-service/voice/admin-console/work-group-settings/ring-groups/how-to-forward-calls-from-a-ring-group-to-voicemail-if-no-one-answers

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

One of the Best!

Reviewed on 2023/01/02

With 8x8, you can park your car, transfer calls, and have different phones ring based on who is unavailable. These features are fantastic. It would be wonderful to have more alternatives when deciding between a desk phone and a cell phone, such as the ability to silence calls on a cell phone when in the workplace. When making less straightforward requests, it helps to be able to clearly describe what you need and understand how the system operates. On a few occasions, I had to urge that something could be done even though they insisted it couldn't, and then we worked together to find a solution. While I had a positive experience overall, other members of my organization encountered greater support challenges.

Pros

8x8 is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses that don't need outbound dialing methods like predictive, progressive, IVR Blast, etc.The greatest platform to use for IB auto-attendant features is 8x8. It's incredibly great and simple to use to construct call flows. The GUI is quite easy to use.

Cons

At least I have not seen any flaws yet in the product, but I hope this is not something serious that we look for in the near future.

Rod
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Poor Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

The product is sound and fair but as stated they have a real problem with support. When things are going well it's great. However, when you have a business phone down, it makes for a nasty experience.

Pros

They can correct the issue once you actually get a person to talk to.

Cons

Connecting to a Rep was beyond challenging. Virtually impossible to talk with someone. They set it up so they send you a message and when they have time .. we'll call you type of service. Totally worthless customer support if that's what they call it. They can do better but only if they really want to gain more customers.

Response from 8X8

Thank you for your review. We will share this with the team to let them know how we are doing. If you need follow up to a specific case please do not hesitate to send us email on [email protected]

Kimberly

8x8 Business Use

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Overall, as long none of the 'cons' above are happening, it functions just fine!

Pros

- I use the phone app for 8x8 so when I work remotely, I can take work calls.
- I use the desktop application when I'm in the office to see who's on calls.
- Pretty easy to change internal ring groups.

Cons

- Frequently have to re-download the desktop application because it will start locking up, or showing co-workers on their phones, when they are not.
- Frequently have to re-boot deskphone because 8x8 will show I have / don't have voicemails when I have / don't have any.

Connie
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great for those who are not always at desk phone

Reviewed on 2021/07/20

Great tool to have - especially if you work remotely a lot. But, it’s also handy to have if you move around in office and not always at desk phone.

Pros

Ease of mobility so I can take calls from ANYWHERE! Love that I can take call from desk phone, app on my mobile or thru app on computer- whichever is most convenient at the time.

Cons

Although, I do like the video conference feature sometimes it does glitch. Also, if app on computer desktop is not open then you don’t get chat messages or in coming calls. I have it to automatically open when I start computer but sometimes accidentally close it.

Response from 8X8

We are so grateful for your review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us!

John
  • Industry: Management Consulting

I'm a big fan of Virtual Office and here's why

Reviewed on 2016/06/28

Pros

Virtual office provides so much value for my company. At first, I thought it may be out of my price range but once I started it up and tried it out, I realized it's a steal for everything they offer.
Not only does the Virtual Contact Center work as a medium between the customer and whoever can get to the phones at that time, it frees up so much of the middle-man work and the cost I would be spending on someone to be a greeter can go to more lucrative programs.
The Contact Center sure is valuable, but the real value comes from the Virtual meetings office software. I say this because my team does a lot of off-site work as well as hiring freelancers for shorter jobs. Being able to meet with a whole room of people in any country and time-zone is so valuable for my business!

Cons

Like I described in the top paragraph, I initially had doubts about the cost. These doubts were crushed when I saw all of the value that this product adds, however it could always be cheaper.
The only other qualm I have is that it definitely seems to be more positioned to larger companies. I have a smaller business with fluctuating team sizes so Virtual Office isn't quite as agile as my team.

Frank

Very good value and features for our small business

Reviewed on 2021/12/20

Overall, we've been very happy with the experience and support we've received from 8x8.

Pros

We switched from our business land lines to the 8x8 offering about 1.5 years ago. Not only did we realize a significant cost savings, we also enjoy numerous features not available via our prior land-line carrier. The seamless integration between the VOIP handsets and mobile app has been great.

Call quality has always been clear.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a bit to work through the web interface, but we don't use it that often.

Response from 8X8

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. If anything please do not hesitate to email us on [email protected]

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

We use Virtual Office daily with great satisfaction. Another plus is also being able to use a cell phone to receive calls. We are not always at our desk so if we are not, it will ring at our desk and then forward to our cell phone which is a huge plus if we are waiting on a very important call!

Pros

I like how easy it is to log onto 8 x 8 website and switch over our company messages under the auto attendant. It is also easy to add and/or subtract people from ring groups. There is also a nice selection of hold music to pick from! I never even thought about the hold music but we do have a lot of customers compliment us on the good hold music.

Cons

We are having issues with our main receptionist not receiving incoming calls, the phone will ring once for her and then goes on to the next person in line to receive calls. We are working with customer service to fix this issue but no solution yet.

great for offices of 5-15

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

our experience was mixed.
At the start of the service, it was great. We had a small group of number...

our experience was mixed.
At the start of the service, it was great. We had a small group of number and users.
as our company grew, the service could not keep up with our needs and the changing communications environment (video conference integration)

Pros

Great software to use for smaller to mid-size offices
limited functionality means there is less to mess-up

Cons

Several outages that impacted their support group and our phones
limited functionality when it came to routing calls across groups and attempting to integrate video conferencing equipment

jarmi

get in touch with all coworkers and clients faster than ever

Reviewed on 2018/06/30

Pros

Before i started to use this app i haved a slow perfomance when i try to keeped in touch with my team becouse we live in diferent areas, but when we find this app, things change, now we can keep in touch all the time any moment, just like we were together. the software run on multiple plataforms so we dont have to adap to the software. The tools to integrate all the team members in one screen, i love it

Cons

the price is a little to hig for smalls bussines. Altough works in multiple plataforms, the perfomance tends to change depends on wich system you are, for example: In iOS system works great but in Android divices some times get bugged

Andrew

Great software

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

8x8 has made working from home much more seamless than it would otherwise have been. It's a fantastic replacement for a desk phone as it has much better features for meetings and also video calls.

Pros

Great for calls and meetings, I can be anywhere and receive calls on my office number. Ideal for mobile and home workers, all you need is a headset. Very reliable too.

Cons

Cons? I can't think of a single one! Features are great and it's easy to use.