HiveDesk Reviews

HiveDesk

Employee time tracking and productivity monitoring software.

4.5/5 (21 reviews)
Jeff S.

Perfect for Our Business

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Our experience with Hivedesk has been stellar and in fact we have recommended it to many of our clients as well. We have a large contracted services footprint and many clients have asked us how we manage it and we have told them of Hivedesk. We love the ease of use and simplicity of the client and interface.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and very user friendly and intuitive. My work from home staff never have an issue with it, it has never affected our system or our operation and works quietly and reliably in the background. As the work from home manager, I find the reporting easy to generate. We don't need a complex system and Hivedesk gives us the information we need without a lot of clutter to effectively manage our remote staff.

Cons

There are only a few minor issues. One, when installing, the client itself is easy to install but you usually have to update your Java on almost every new install. Hivedesk does provide a link to update Java when needed which is nice, but it has to be done on most installs. Secondly, while there response through the intercom message system is fast and very effective, it would be nice if they had a live support or customer service number.

Crucial to managing a team of hourly remote workers.

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

Hivedesk allows us to manage remote workers in multiple time zones and locations. One of the challenges with having remote workers is you don't have the same ability to see they are actually working as you do with in office workers. We use a number of hourly freelance workers and Hivedesk gives us screenshots shots and activity rates to ensure they are working the hours they are billing us for. Its not something we monitor all the time, but rather use as a tool when we think there is a performance issue.

Cons

We have had the occasional setup issue, but this is usually resolved quickly.

Dave M.

Keeps Honest People Honest

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

In today's world, remote work is a given. We use this software to handle those challenges. We tried a lot of the competitors and for many reasons hivedesk won. Plus, team loves their support. Fast and attentive.

Pros

We love hivedesk. It allows us to track peoples use and find areas of weakness. Their price level is perfect for us and we love their reporting.

Cons

The one report I want they don't have. We have a request in, but we have not gotten it. Outside of that, very impressed with solution!

Andrew L.

Excellent Program

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

I often work remotely and the program allows me to easily check my employees hours for the week and address any concerns. If employees active time is low I can determine why by the screenshot feature and address with the employees any concern I have about their work product.

Pros

This software is fantastic for tracking hours. It also does a great job of determining how active employees are with their work with the active time feature. It has other features that allows you to check in on your employees (in house or remote), if needed.

Cons

No negative feedback. The program provides everything promised and more and is easy to navigate!

Raul D.

HiveDesk Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Good.

Pros

Able to track remote resources, view screenshots and create timesheets in one place.

Cons

Had situations where sessions or session comments are not being logged. Although we receive support for this issue the resource still have the same issue occasionally.

We wish logged hours would be against tasks as opposed as against projects.
We wish there would be reports using tasks as opposed as projects.

Ryan L.

Reliable, accurate and effective solution for remote employees

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

It's an effective and reliable solution for remote workers. I have not had to worry about anything since setting it up.

Pros

Accuracy
Flexible with Useful Options
Pricing

Cons

I would say that it would be useful to have the full list of screenshots for a session open in lightbox right from the project page, rather than clicking into the session first.

Bryan S.

Useful aplication

Reviewed on 2019/02/02

It works it is not my favorite but i have tried quite a few other products and hive desk works for me it is better than some of its competitors for sure

Pros

I actually use it alot staff and i use it everyday and it gets the job done

Cons

It is resource heavy my computer seems to be slower when it is running. Also the website is so annoying it logs you out like every 5 minutes of inactivity so everytime i work on it generating reports i have to log back in between format my report in excel then generating another report on hivedesk

Karina L.

Excelent experience

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

It helped me a lot in my small business because it helped me see when they were working and the screenshots of their computer helped me a lot to show my supervisor what they have been working on etc.

Pros

It is very easy to use, I don't have to explain much to my workers about how to use it and when I add tasks my works get a notification right away.

Cons

I wish I could get a notification whenever they are connect or check in or when they check out. Maybe a chat online between workers would be good

Keileigh N.

Hive Desk

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Pros

Affordability and user friendly. A great option for thr cost

Cons

Support takes a while to respond if needed

Mike M.

Consulting Management Use

Reviewed on 2019/02/23

Pros

Easy to use. I can use it to bring in client feedback so the team can use it. I like that I can put the project links into our dashboard on Google Sheets

Cons

Their is no overall dashboard that makes it easy to see at a glance the health of projects. There is no tracking of progress on tasks. Ideally would want it to be a hybrid of project management with the task details that Basecamp already has.

Brook B.

Great tool for outsourced staff!

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Hivedesk is an amazing tool for business owners that are using outsourced staff. It gives you the ability to see the screen shots of what your staff is doing as they are logged in, report hours, keep them accountable, organize your time by projects and print off payroll reports. For the hands on business owner that pays by the hour this tool is a lifesaver.

Pros

The reporting capabilities.

Cons

No real integration with other systems.

Steven S.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

The ease of signing up and implementing the software.

Cons

Having to set up "groups" to put people in - it would be easier if you could just add staff members to the software without having to set up an entire group.

Jessica T.

Makes Tracking Remote Hours Easy

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

This had made scaling easy because my talent pool isn't limited to where our office is for work that can realistically be done from anywhere.

Pros

This keeps remote workers accountable, where the other option is I trust that they actually did the work. It also makes payroll easy when I can just pull up a report.

Cons

I'm not 100% sure how relevant the "Activity" feature is because I use the service for calling agents. I'd like to be able to pull up a video of exactly what they were doing so I can assess the speed of their work.

Shelby M.

Functioning Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Very well, great customer service.

Pros

Screenshots are a great feature. Also, the timekeeping is very beneficial as well.

Cons

We have used it in the past with all of our staff across the board and it was wonderful. My only complaint would be that we could not fit our whole team in a project it required me to create multiple projects.

Hivedesk

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Pros

It is easy to use and it has functionality that we need. Customer support is great.

Cons

Inability for the admin to move hours from project to another. It is difficult to zoom in and out the snapshots. When a user runs a report to verify his time, it is not possible to sort by time. WE had a lot of problems with the client app.

5.0/10
Annette D.

Finally found something I like

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

My subcontractors love it, I love it It’s a win/win for all of us.

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to navigate

Cons

I would appreciate a 1099 feature so that all I have to do is hit a button and it would calculate the form and have it filled out with my subcontractor’s information and total paid for the year.

Ann-marie H.

HiveDesk hit

Reviewed on 2019/02/10

Great experience great system to use. Saved us heaps $$$

Pros

Great in an age of outsourcing, keeps people honest

Cons

The software is great, nothing to note here

Easy to use and Value for money team management software

Reviewed on 2016/04/06

We use HiveDesk for task management and time tracking of our remote workers. So far, we are very happy with it. It is updated regularly and their support is good.

Hanine K.

best way to monitor remote employees

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I still love hive desk, i would love it if instead of having to log in, it immediately begins capturing photos rather than employees having to log in.
This makes it slightly hard for us however, it does exactly what i need it to do, and i love the fact that it auto saves these screenshots

Pros

the consistency and accuracy, also, love the saving of the captures

Cons

need to add additional options to pricing plan or change the pricing model

Michael W.

Not bad

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Overall is good

Pros

Ability to track time and screenshots . Employee can login right from screen

Cons

Some things are hard to set such as the time zone the employee is in for tracking time

3.0/10