Andrew K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

PayrollMate

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

This software has made my life so much easier!

Pros

Ability to run payroll see PTO hours and print checks in one fell swoop

Cons

Sometimes is a little laggy early in the am

Dr wes W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

This one is the Best Payroll Program I've Ever Used. (period)

Reviewed on 2017/04/04

I used Quick payroll for many years until they got crazy complicated and expensive.
The search for a new simplistic and easy program got me to Payroll Mate 5 years ago.
Installed it, set up my company, put in my state and fed info and the info for each employee.
BANG started writing checks. I eliminated payroll company fees, fees for my accountant and book keeper, inaccuracies, and I was able to go in and edit check and employee info and numbers as necessary. It keeps track of not only payroll but vacation time, bonuses, insurance reimbursements, and gives easy to call up summaries of payroll for individuals, and for the company, and quarterly and year end stuff for the accountant. Bang-what a concept!
Simple, easy, complete, cost saving, and they have great customer service, and on the phone help. No tech support where everything you ask is repeated several times before you get an answer that takes an hour and doesn't solve your problem!
So don't get angry cause you are frustrated with things in your life that aren't working and take it out on your software. Pay attention to the tutorial, and if you get stuck, stay calm, call the company and they will get you going with a smile. Have a great year!

Pros

Everything is great!

Cons

No Cons

Michael Z.
  • Industry: Accounting

MOST EASY TO USE AND FUNCTIONAL W-2 AND PAYROLL PROGRAMS IN THE MARKET.

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

I have used Payroll Mate and W-2 Mate programs for several years. These programs in conjunction with fabulous customer support, Lisa, in particular, among others, have enabled my small one horse operation to blossom into a medium size bookkeeping and tax service. I am NOT computer savvy; therefore, Payroll Mate and W-2 Mate have to be on a very low IT level for old guys like me. I turned 69 just a few days ago and never dreamed that my tax payroll business could be so easy to grow. THANK YOU GUYS AT REAL TAX TOOL!!!

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

No Cons.

Pedro P.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great tool and great price

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

easy payroll preparation and manage more clients.

Pros

Easy to use and good reports for clients information. Also easy to pay 941 and 940 tax returns. In general this is a great payroll software that satisfy small business needs

Cons

have to be purchases every instead of paying a fee for updating the current software and version..jut need to add more years to the current calendar.

Harvey F.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great Product to use to run payroll

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

It is a great simple solution if you don't want to run direct deposit.

Pros

I liked the payroll software which I could download to my desktop. It was easy to setup and enter all the employees names of the client I was working on. Running the weekly payroll was easy.

Cons

Its hard to do direct deposit since you have to use your bank, importing the data into software was not an option so I had to manually enter it.

Scott T.
  • Industry: Automotive

I LOVE IT GREAT PROGRAM FOR THE PRICE

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

IT WORKS GREAT FOR THE PRICE JUST COULD SAVE THE DAYS OF PAYROLE AFTER YOU PUT IN YOUR PAY PERIOD SHOULD UPDATE WHEN YOU OPEN IT

Pros

EASY QUICK GREAT PRICE

Cons

IT DONT UPDATE THE PAYROLE DATES AUTOMATICALY

S W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Payroll Review

Reviewed on 2017/04/10

I would like it better if printing a batch of checks didn't require you to scroll through the calendar to pick the date.

Pros

Cons

Stated in comments section

Shiela may T.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Payroll Mate Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

this is amazing! so helpful and easy. My payroll are secured and I done my job so easy and no worries.

Cons

Some features are not useful. Some print issues, you can still manage it.nothing else other than that

Craig T.

Payroll Mate

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Pros

This can be very useful for small or midsize companies to manage payroll function.

Cons

Not many cons with this as far as I am concerned.

Larry S.

Burton Travel Ltd

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

We have been using this software for about 5 years and can very highly recommend it. Based on ease of set up, ease of use, and accuracy there is absolutely no reason for any relatively small business to waste money using an outside vendor.

Jenn J.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Payroll simplified

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

Easy to use and very learnable for people new to payroll

Cons

Visually not stunning but gets the job done

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

No headache payroll solution for me and my staff

Reviewed on 2018/03/11

Automation of payroll in the easiest of ways. Very, very useful to every business small and large!

Pros

There's so many things you can do that it is so worth every penny you pay. Reports are very easy to generate and understand.

Cons

The layout can be a bit of an eyesore and workflows are sometimes hard to understand in the beginning.

Chas S.

Great for small businesses

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

If your needs are not too complex, this software is all you need. I have used 5 different payroll programs, and I have continued to use Payroll Mate for several years now - which speaks volumes. I have only needed support a couple of times (which again, says a lot!) and the help was quick, accurate , and thorough. I will continue to buy this payroll software.

Clarinda B.

Great payroll software

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Only problem we ever had was trying to set up direct deposit, lady who called the other day gave me great information, I had called last year and did not receive the information like I did yesterday. Easy program to navigate.

Donna M.

Payroll Mate

Reviewed on 2017/03/09

This software is a great value for the price. Although it does have limitations, it is SUCH a bargain you don't mind them at all. It is very easy to use and has plenty of room for additional deduction codes, etc.

Troy P.

Awesome software

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

This is very easy to use. Would recommend it to everybody. Easy to write my employees checks every week.

Julia B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Payroll Mate Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

Software that help me so much in tracking and making payroll, this help me a lot and easy done my job without hassle.

Cons

I can't see any wrong on this software, this help me a lot and so manageable.

Shawn L.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Consistently excellent

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

I have been in business since 1993, and all that time I did payroll by hand. In 2014 I decided to check on using a program. I looked at several different ones and decided I liked the layout for Payroll Mate. Have been using it ever since. It was easy to get started and programming in the company and employee information was a snap. Updating each year is also no problem. Just order and when the email comes in, you're good to go. Would recommend to any small business.

Pros

Ease of use, input employee information is easy to understand, changes not hard.

Cons

My insurance does an audit in May so I have to pull reports for May-December of one year and then Jan-April of the next year and add the figures together. Would be nice if the years could mesh.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Integration

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

the experience is awesome. It can generate payroll reports, flexible in that it can calculate net pay monthly, semi monthly and even weekly for both casual and permanent employees.

Pros

This software is the best so far in the handling payroll needs. one is able to export payroll details t o other accounting softwares like sage 300, calculate all employee deductions and benefits then use this data to prepare final financial statements with ease. This is a unique feature which lacks in many softwares . I also like its interface which is so simple and user friendly.

Cons

It has so many features which may not be fully utilised.

Janet G.

Payroll Mate makes payroll almost easy.

Reviewed on 2018/02/25

Pros

Payroll Mate is so easy to use. It is easy to set up. The reports are thorough. It is pretty much a no-frills program which makes it less complicated than some. There is a yearly fee - which gives you an entirely new program - but the transition is painless. The data from the previous year automatically transfers over so no new data input. The direct deposit function is great and easy to use too.

Cons

There are a few little things that I wish the software did. One of them is the ability to email check stubs to all of the employees at once when you are using direct deposit. Having to either print check stubs and distribute them or save each stub as a separate .pdf and email them individually kind of defeats the purpose of direct deposit.

Mantas V.
  • Industry: Accounting

Using it on a weekly basis producing payslips

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Pros

Have lot of functionalities and customised payslips

Cons

Can be quite costly compared to other rivals

Karen K.
  • Industry: Legal Services

My Payroll Mate Experience

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

When our previous payroll software company quit doing business, I felt a little lost. I wasn't sure at first how to go about finding another company. It is hard to know when looking at something on the internet how reliable the company is, how accurate the software is, and how dependable the service and support will be. I finally was able to research three different companies and quickly settled on Payroll Mate. It was easy to use and easy to understand. My initial questions concerning setup, etc., were answered quickly and politely. The software is also easy to upgrade each year. Best of all, I haven't had any accounting problems due to the software that would anger the IRS! I will continue to use Payroll Mate in future years and would recommend their company to others.

Barbara W.

Very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

Pros

For a small church this works perfectly. Everything we need to keep up with 4-5 people. With option one everything for federal reporting.

Dawn C.

Great Payroll Product

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

As a bookkeeper and payroll specialist I recommend this product to any business employing one to hundreds of employees for in-house payroll. The products available for end-of-year reporting are accurate and easy to use. Customer service is courteous and helpful.

Pros

Easy to use. Has all the reports available for monthy, quarterly and annual reports.

Cons

Would prefer employees names were listed alphabetically by last name.

Delores R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easiest most effective Payroll Software I have ever used!

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

I have used various payroll software programs and this software is by far the best. I have been renewing for 3 years running. I do payroll for 4 companies and it does the job well!

Pros

User friendly. Easy Navigation and all inclusive.

Cons

If you want to change the date on the check, even via edit, you can't change it so you have to delete it and build a new check.