Zoho BugTracker

Geetika P.

Zoho Bug Tracker

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Very Good.

Pros

I really like the user interface which is very friendly for users from all background. The software is easy to use and has lots of functionalities. Moreover it is easiest for a small company like mine with only 5-6 users to use the basic features for free. We don't have either the budget or the knowledge to use the more complex bug tracking softwares and this works perfectly for us.

Cons

I wish we could customize it a bit more. I also wish there were more ways in which we could classify bugs with larger range of severity. But honestly saying I am very satisfied with Zoho Bugs and these are only minor points.

Dwi agus R.
Industry: Management Consulting

Best bug tracker for me

Reviewed on 2020/08/09

Good bug tracker than other, but still have a cons. but everything its ok. Zoho bug tracker give me what I need

Pros

I like this Zoho bug tracker because the price it's not expensive but, there is no option to get plan unlimited storage. This software really easy to use and have a good widget

Cons

There is no option to get plan unlimited storage. and option account level less complete

David M.

Great System for Bug Tracking

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Pros

Very easy to use - i use Zoho Project quite a bit - but this weas great just to use to bug track with some contractors

Cons

nothing to report that was bad, am very happy

Dan B.

Zoho Bugtracker

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Pros

I used this software at my last company for development projects between the development side of the house and the business units. It gave us the ability to review and track bugs on the custom software that the team was developing. The business units were able to test in QA and give immediate feedback to the business analyst as well as the development team.

Cons

We ran into a bug, that basically certain individuals were not getting the notices or were able to respond back to bus or track where the development team was in regards to fixing the issue.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Logan L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Love this bug tracking software

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Love the product and for the money, great investment.

Pros

It was so easy to use and setup new user to account.

Cons

Free software database space is small. Hit it after logging less than 50 bugs.

Gerald Y.
Industry: Design

Effective Bug Tracking

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Super easy tracker and report. Follow progress and make sure the coding team are picking up what I'm putting down.

Pros

Its really easy to use, you can dive right in.

Cons

Nothing at this stage - loving it so far.

Industry: Computer Software

Exactly what I was looking for

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

In cooperation with different small enterprises on different projects, I use BugTracker mainly as a structured checklist.

Pros

I am excited about the ease of customization and the ease of use.

Cons

As i am using Bugtracker for inter-company communications on issues, bugs and task, the project related aspects are overhead.

Vikram P.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Zoho's BugTracker for Issue/Bug/Change Management

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

We are using the bugtracker for case management as being a SaaS provider and on Agile, we are need to be very flexible in our product. Hence the changes, issues need to records more frequently and quickly so that we can respond well in time. this tools helps achieve the goal

Pros

Zoho Bugtracker is a very simple yet powerful tool for managing the issues/bugs or changes. The layout is simple and you can respond or add comments to your bugs from email/app. The categorization within projects helps narrow down to project and gives a better overview of the status of the project. The dashboards are also very useful.

Cons

Unfortunately, i have noticed that as the comments/notes or screen keep accumulating in a case - the page behaves weird. For eg: we had a very length email which contains lot of details and when this email was sent as it to the case through email, the page went extremely long at bugtrackers and the verticle scroll bar almost disappeared. But in general it is very good for all project types

Dave P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Excellent value

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Pros

I've used many different bug tracking software packages over the years and Zoho is a good as any of them and is excellent value for money. Free version is full featured, paid versions are very good value for money

Cons

Not as intuitive as some other SASS products out there, but nothing to really make me have second thoughts about recommending the product. Usability is always one of my key requirements for software (if its difficult to use, people wont use it and its a complete waste of money) and it passes the test.

Gil S.

Bugs tracker

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

Pros

Easy of use.
Easy to customize.
Good value for Money

Cons

Not cheap.
Other than that I have not found any other cons.

Industry: Veterinary

Bugtracking made easy

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Very easy to onboard. We were on Jira before... this is much easier to use.

Pros

UI/UX is easy to pickup
LOTS of features that you need, and none wasted on features that aren't necessary.

Cons

Price is higher than I would expect, but not out of the question.

Vincent M.
Industry: Financial Services

Feature Rich, Customizable, Easy to Use Project/Bug Tracking at a Good Price

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

My company FINALLY adopted some project/bug tracking software after 2 failed, previous attempts. Love Zoho.

Pros

My entire company LOVES using Zoho Projects/Bug-Tracker. We had previously used JIRA and were pulling our hair out trying to customize it with some simple workflows. I usually excel at that sort of thing but we did not seem to get along. Next I found Zoho and from the trial through today, they're amazing. It's easy to customize anything, the pricing is great, the support is fantastic and very responsive. They do regular updates and explain everything so you can jump on any new features right away. I HIGHLY recommend Zoho Projects/Bug Tracker.

Cons

Occasionally we run into an issue with a complex project where we'll need more custom fields to be able to add to it and have to be a little creative.

Industry: Entertainment
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Instantly Spots and Tracks Bugs You Don’t Need

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

Pros

I use Zoho Bug Tracker to identify if there are any bugs in the programs I use. This software is quite helpful because it alerts me each time there are bugs. There are software that can slow your system down or even occupy a lot of bandwidth which causes your computer to freeze or lag. Some software automatically has you download other features you don’t need without you even knowing. Zoho Bug Tracker is quick to spot these issues and keeps my computer running at the speed I desire it to be. I never have to worry about bugs with this software.

Cons

My main issue with this software is the steep cost. Lowering the price would make it more attractive for consumers to purchase since people do need this type of software.

Gary W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Changed our development team productivity

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

This product has changed our development team productivity immensely!

Pros

Ease of use, comments and attachments, delegation

Cons

Nothing.

Powerful features with Simple interface

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

I use it regularly and never felt anything lacking in this app. It is loaded with powerful features. I have been using it for more than two years and not paid a penny yet. It's free for small teams but pleasantly exceeds your expectations.

Cons

Though nothing much to complain, the look and feel is a bit too functional. Would love interesting bits in design here and there.

Rajib J.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Kanban chart is convinient to track

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Very good

Pros

Kanban view card is very easy to track and manage

Cons

Not able to export report in excel for the bugs

Rajbabu R.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Excellent Defect Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Excellent Defect Management Tool. It has all the features we were expecting.

Pros

User Interface and User Experience is cool.
Ability to manage the defect on the go using mobile apps.
Ease of customizing workflows

Cons

Cost is slightly higher than other vendors.

Mark S.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Zoho Bugs

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Smashing

Pros

It does everything you need in a simple way and is quick and easy to track and test bugs in one place. Love the chat on each bug facility and mobile app.

Cons

Nothing to date, it's going very well. So far so good

Aleksandar Z.
Industry: Computer Games

Must have for indie projects

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

We are using it for indie game and it's really amazing. Easy to track bugs and project status. It automatically creates Relase notes for each milestone, which is great! Also, collaborating is also great.
Free version is more then enough for small teams like ours.

Pros

-Ease of use
-A lot of functionality to help the project organization
-UI is really good
-Fast and stable
-Free version is enough most of the time
-Nothing and no one will bother you when using free version
-Collaborating is easy
-Useful notifications
-You even get a forum (even with the free version)

Cons

There is a lack of customization:
-Can't add new custom entries for bug status (for example "re-opened" or "waiting for")
-Milestone status is always set to Open, even if it's just a planned milestone for the future. Can't add new status for milestones
-Can't add new custom entries for bug severity, classification

In short, you have to use it as they meant to, no customization at all.

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Increased productivity

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

Very fast custom views and a user-friendly dashboard to manage bugs.
the feature I liked the most is their kanban view of the portal it gives ease of use in tracking bugs.
Increases the productivity with predefined privileges for every user and hierarchy.

Cons

It is on the little pricey side than other bug tracking solutions.
Doesn't have the mobile app.
It doesn't provide the mobile app.

Paul W.

Good, Basic Bug Tracker

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

It's better than Trello for tracking bugs!

Pros

It's quite easy to learn. Low administration load.

Cons

Could use more control over workflow, for example, I wish that we could automatically send the bug back to the reporter when we resolve.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Aldric M.

Very good product

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

We integrate an ERP and offer our customers the opportunity to list the anomalies encountered. Customers are satisfied.

Pros

Easy to use, a lot of fonctionalities, not expensive.

Cons

Nothing to say about something i don't like

Frank W.
Industry: Computer Software

A very good bug tracking application

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

Pros

Of all the big tracking softwares I've used, Zoho bug tracker is easily that simplest to use. The ease of use doesn't mean it's a lightweight. Rather, it's very powerful and easy to customize to fit my workflows.
Zoho bug tracker has very reasonable pricing.
I also like the support from the team. They're usually very quick and helpful whenever help is needed.

Cons

The only thing I've always felt zoho bug tracker lacked was a mobile app. Now there's a mobile app that works very well, there's absolute nothing to complain about.

Osama A.

All in one product

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Pros

As a software house, I have been for searching for a long time for a cloud solution to have all operations integrated into one: Project Management, Issues/Bugs Tracking, Help Desk for Customers with SLA, Receiving issues from customers via various channels (email and through support portal), Timesheets management. I wanted all that to be available at a reasonable price.
I found that at Zoho Bugtracker

Cons

Ability to be to track administrative time (non-projects time) in timesheets and have it integrated with Zoho People (HR system) for marking holidays and vacations on the timesheet

Aliz G.

Efficiency for connecting Support and Projects areas

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Great experience, helps keeping an accurate record for each area on its own tools.

Pros

It establishes a link between Support and Projects areas in our Company:
The tickets that our Support area receives through Zoho Desk are sometimes a problem or an issue that relates to a specific project either active or completed by our Projects Area which uses Zoho Projects to keep a record of all projects.
In this case the attention of this ticket is often provided by our Projects area, and each area needs to be able to visualize, register and manage the requirement in its own tool.
By using BugTracker our Support area still keeps an eye on these kind of tickets and register its development in Zoho Desk, while passing the requirement to our Projects area leaving a link between both tools (Zoho Desk and Zoho Projects); meantime, our Projects Area registers this "issue" attention related to the specific project, and keeps an accurate record of the projects history.

Cons

When you register the time spent on the attention for a Bug in Zoho Projects, it doesn't automatically updates de time registers of the linked ticket over Zoho Desk