Venngage

Graphic design software for marketing teams

Bethany

Venngage is a great tool for light graphic design work

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Helped us - in-house marketing team - design polished, stand-out content without a graphic designer!

Pros

So far, our marketing team has been relying on Venngage almost exclusively for day-to-day graphic needs on all kinds of collateral. We'll be hiring an in-house designer soon, but Venngage has been a solid go-to for over two years. I myself am not a graphic designer by any means, but this tool has helped me put together some really polished, stand-out content. Even with a designer on board, I can still see myself using Venngage here and there for stuff I want to put together quickly on my own. It offers a nice set of icon/design options. The templates are good starting points as well, or at least make decent inspiration if nothing else. I find them difficult to customize though and prefer starting with a blank canvas most of the time.

Cons

Sometimes it's a bit laggy, but you can't really complain for a subscription. Our needs are a bit niche so I'm not always able to find the kinds of icons or graphs I want, but it's usually possible to work something out with what's available by getting a bit creative.

Russell

I can create professional looking content without the design skills - great for my business

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

The opportunity to create professional quality content both for my own website and for company reports which would have been too expensive to commission otherwise.

Pros

Range of templates to enable me to create good quality content.
Continuous updating of content and really helpful, informative & instructive blog to help me get to the next level.
Excellent customer support for when I get stuck.

Cons

One or two key features (automatic alignment of objects) have been in development quite a long time.
The jump to business pricing is too high for a sole trader like myself.

Derick
Derick
  • Industry: Restaurants

Not worth the money. Unresponsive Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2023/06/18

After less than 5 mins of signing up, I then found out that the template I want to use is in the business membership. If I knew that before I sign up then I wouldn't have sign up in the first place.

Pros

They have some of the templates that I like.

Cons

Even with 1st level of pay membership, all the templates that I want was in the premium business membership.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Industry: Banking

Venngage Review

Reviewed on 2021/05/31

Very good swiss army knife for designers. Great to find inspiration, but also a good tool in and of itself.

Pros

There are so many templates. It really is a designer's dream. I am the only marketing person, so it helps me pump out content and draw inspiration.

Cons

The functionality itself is very tricky and finicky. For instance, when you click to edit a text box, it will move its position 99% of the time, and then when you press undo, it freezes for a few seconds.

Ken
Ken
  • Industry: Management Consulting

I use Venngage to build infographics for clients as part of social & content marketing...

Reviewed on 2018/02/25

Pros

I love how easy it is to export and view infographics, at any stage of development, as PNGs, PDFs and even interactive PDFs (with clickable hyperlinks). If something's not right, you can just tab back to the active editor window, make changes and export again. Iterate to your heart's desire!

Cons

Every once in a while, for reasons I can't explain, some detail of design (mostly to do with fonts, I suspect) will manifest as just a little "off" in the export file format. Everything will render in the output exactly as it appears on the editing screen, except - mysteriously - for this one thing... It's not the end of the world, as you it can be resolved through trial and error; however it can be irritating, and this remains my one complaint about the platform.

Anita
  • Industry: Insurance

It has made a big difference in how I present information at work.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

There is a template for everything and they are easy to tweak and customize. Plenty of font choices. It is software designed specifically for infographics, so there is no clutter and no unnecessary features.

Cons

There is no gradient option yet for background colors. Sometimes I can't find a font I am looking for. Otherwise, no cons!

Vera

With Venngage, you can design pretty much anything!

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Pros

Venngage is very versatile and can be used to design pretty much any type of graphic. I started using it for work (creating annual reports for nonprofits to send to their donors) and now use it for lost and found flyers, dinner party menus, resumes, and much more.

Cons

Pretty much perfect, but I'd love to see more sophisticated color options, like a fading/ombre. Also very occasionally there are elements in the pre-made templates that can't be deleted, which you don't notice until it's too late.

Patrick

Venngage Took My Monthly Sales Reports from "Nice to Read" to "Must Read" within the Company

allows me to tell the story behind my data analysis

allows me to tell the story behind my data analysis

Pros

Venngage provides you with the tools to turn your boring tables and charts into a story board with true meaning. The only people who will love Venngage more than you are those that previously had to make heads and tails out of your previous analytics.
My data driven reports are now more widely distributed than ever before thanks to Venngage and the value of my work has therefore been enhanced. Venngage has given my reports legs within the company, circulating to areas not previously reached.
On the rare occasion that you might have a question or need direction their support team is amazing and readily available. The chat mode is perfectly designed and may questions have been answered quickly and most importantly on the first try.
My wife is a graphic designer by trade and when I showed her my creations with Venngage she referred to it as "cheating"; to me that is the highest compliment from a designer.

Denise

Fantastic tool!

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

Venngage is so easy to use and such creative options. This tool makes all of my presentations, posters, and really any collateral so much more visually appealing... and it permits me to utilize and maximize my creativity.

Cons

Would like to see more "drag and drop" templates versus those already completed.

Kate
Kate
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used for 6-12 months

Great for infographics, especially for non-designers

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Venngage is very easy to learn, and a great resource for small businesses. It helps us to create great looking infographics without help from a graphic designer.

Pros

Venngage has a great selection of templates, and it's very simple to customize the graphics to suit your business. It is also much easier to create graphs with this software compared to other programs I have tried in the past.

Cons

Working with layers can be tricky, and the font choices are limited, but overall I have no complaints!

Michelle

Venngage has good `bones. All the key components for making my products `sing is there at a...

Reviewed on 2018/02/24

Pros

To my surprise and delight, your online support was immediate. I love that as I typed, a little message popped up to say that so and so was looking and waiting for my inquiry. This simple feature instilled me with confidence that a real person was at the other end, ready to assist. Another feature I really like is the vast array of options, across all your templates and icons etc. But even more than this is, I like your labeling system. It makes my searching so easy. The ability to turn on and off various features, such as the `grid is great. I can see whether my text is lined up before I print. This saves me time and money. I also enjoy the fact that I can take your template, but still make it my own. This flexibility again saves me time, but still allows me to personalize my product as required. I find your whole suite of features so intuitive to use. A big thumbs up from me so far. Bravo Venngage.

Cons

I like your software, so the tone and intent of my following feedback is to encourage further potential improvement areas. I have two suggestions, based on my recent needs. First: when I save my designs, I would like to be able to copy and paste an existing design I have done and saved. At present, I only seem to be able to edit one of my existing designs. But sometimes I want to keep the earlier version, including its content, but add new content for another client's purpose and save this version too. Second, on some of your templates, I don't seem to turn on the grid feature. Third, I do like being able to embed a hyperlink to, for example, a website. What I want to do is use this feature, save as a PDF and email the PDF doc to a client. Eg a personal letter, with hyperlinks. But unfortunately, unless the letter is published online, for all to see, then this is not possible.

Nina

Huge Fan of Venngage

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

All of our advertising is made through Venngage. We also use Venngage to make graphics for our presentations.

Pros

Venngage is a great product- we've used Venngage instead of hiring a graphic organizer, and I like the control I have over my visual products. . When I pressed for more diversity of skin tones and people the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] reached out to me directly to share progress and they did make big changes. They are responsive and their graphics are great.

Cons

I don't like the price point and am not sure why it is so expensive. Still need more diversity of images.

• Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

I use this software for a variety of purposes in analytic learning reports for executive teams.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Venngage makes creating detailed, informative images very easy. I also create longer infographics for posting and telling stories with data. I mostly use Venngage to create detailed home page images for our LMS and in the creation of e-learning. It just made the image-creation process much easier.

Pros

This software is easy to use, modify, and create unique designs. It has multiple export formats as well, which I appreciate. The colors are bright but not obnoxious. There is a great variety of imagery to choose from and from lots of different industries. I really like that I can use Venngage to create an image as detailed as I like, and simply export as a PDF for someone else to insert in their documents or use as they like. I've had a great deal of success using the charts feature, particularly in learning applications.

Cons

I do not like how some features of this program become tricky to modify, particularly the word maps. When you don't have actual counts of words to create a word map, you have to kind of guess how many times it would appear and adjust the number multiple times to make the image appear as you wish.

Ruth

Allows me to create awesome graphics quickly and easily without being a graphic designer

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

It's so easy to use, and the live chat people are so helpful. I love the versatility as you can upload your own pictures or use theirs, plus they have a load of icons you can use to create really professional-looking graphics super fast. You can also make graphs and basic polls really easily too.

Cons

As I use it a lot, I often think of features that would really improve the software if they were added. I suggest them to the live chat people but they rarely actually happen, which is a shame.

Emily

Venngage is great for making exciting looking internal emails at work. I use it nearly every...

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

I love that I'm able to upload my own images and logos to really customize it for my needs. I also use the "copy" feature a lot, where I'll duplicate one of my past designs and edit it from there so I'm not starting from scratch. The grouping feature also makes it easy to move around whole blocks of images and text so you're not losing your spacing/placement, but can move it all up or down if you wanted to add or take away extra space.

Cons

I wish there were more font options, or the ability to upload a font. Sometimes I feel limited with the options available.

Liz
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

People finally read my reports!

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

I first started using Venngage to create reports on customer insights gathered from interactions with the customer service team that I manage. I used to use excel and no one seemed to pay attention to the boring report. As soon as I started using Venngage I had so much more engagement. I now use Venngage for so many things from reporting on KPIs to making beautiful posters. There are a ton of ready to use templates that are beautiful and they are constantly posting new ones. I have zero graphic design experience and am able to create professional looking infographics that attract the attention they need. I also love the helpful tips and entertaining infographics I receive through email from Venngage. I receive a ton of emails from vendors and I actually open these ones.

Cons

When I first started using Venngage there weren't many business reporting templates available but they have grown. I like the new power point templates that are available. I wish it was easier to brand an existing template.

Ruth
  • Industry: Sports

Very easy for non-designers to use.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Professional quality design for a variety of marketing channels, including social media, online communication, and P-O-P.

Pros

Massive library of templates helps spur creativity so there's rarely a need to start from scratch. Built in artwork-icons, photos, fonts-is great, as is the ability to upload photos and art.

Cons

There is no align/distribute functionality, so this is a manual process. Adding this functionality would greatly speed up the process.

Liesl
  • Used for 2+ years

Finally a modern, crisp, and professional infographics tool that allows people to present...

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Modern presentations that are well thought out and obviously produced by a talented staff. Easy to add your own icons, logos, photos. It seems the team is truly engaged in their work and listening to customers. Fun. Rewarding. Customizable colors that are cool and not just primary based. Option to use free if you just need a little something. Easy to edit text and material. Easy to add custom title to saved work. Visual icon for saved work and an option to preview or edit.

Cons

Saving and uploading files in a public manner is uncomfortable, then u have to pay to save in other ways which feels a bit like a bait and switch.

• Industry: Publishing

Venngage is Quite Engaging

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Despite my personal taste, my coworkers have become more engaged in the sales meeting each week since I started using Venngage. Would recommend.

Pros

I use the free version of Venngage, and even in a business setting, it lets me create detailed diagrams that satisfy the sales team. Each week I have to make a note of which clients responded to our messages, and I decided that an easy way to depict this would be through an infographic. To that end, Venngage is great—it lets you piece information, images, and text together in an appealing way. Bright colors, readable fonts, and a plethora of available graphics and graph types are a welcome addition to any infographic I make, and Venngage has them all.

Cons

Obviously you're going to have more template options if you pay more money, but most of the free templates are a bit too cartoony for my taste.

Doug

Venngage has allowed me to create impressive and striking infographics that impress my clients.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

It is easy to use. I'm not particularly computer savvy. And I'm not a designer. But through the use of the many excellent templates that Venngage has on its site, and by observing how the 'professional' industry creates infographics, I can make smart looking images in a short period of time. It is easy to resize the graphic, and easy to download as a PDF or PNG.

Cons

The map tool can sometimes feel a little awkward to use, especially if you want to use just a section of that particular map.

Frida

Easy to use, flawless end results!

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Easier to create awesome infographics that stand out!

Easier to create awesome infographics that stand out!

Pros

I use Venngage for presenting numbers at work, for cute Facebook posts, for greeting cards well, for almost everything. And I always get compliments for the flawless end result. I've shown Venngage to several friends who also fell in love with it. Perfect software if you work in marketing as I do. But I would also recommend it to people in non-creative fields. Spice up your reports or whatever it is! It'll be easier for the reader to take in the facts.

Cons

I really miss the option of adding fonts. The selection is okay, but some companies demand certain fonts.

Helen

Totally love the finished results

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

High quality products for small price. Still regretting that I didn't upgrade to Business for your Black Friday deal. Polished results.

Pros

I like styles and designs. The finished products look like a real GD has produced them rather than me! I like I can add my own photos and images. I like chatting to the live operators, they're really friendly, quick to respond and helpful.

Cons

I find it frustrating I can't drag an image in one direction without it scaling up. Sometimes I want something a little taller not wider. Sometimes things don't always exactly align or snap to. Although I think there may be a bit of user error in this one...I've recently found the show grid that might help! I would like some of the people icons to be more multicultural, they are all peach coloured.

• Used for 2+ years

I haven't had any problems with this platform.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

I like that customer service is so great, and it looks great! Every question I have had has been answered promptly. I like that the graphics look so great, and that I can customize nearly everything.

Cons

I can't think of anything to really dislike. It's done what I needed it to do. I use this program to create an annual report, and sometimes it doesn't translate well between venngage and the printer we use, but we have been able to resolve little glitches.

Michelle

Highly functional software

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

I can't afford a graphic designer in my small nonprofit and love the look and feel of the final products. The templates are awesome! I get compliments from the public and funders regularly.

Cons

I wish I could use the product off-line. It would be helpful for tweeks and updates online. Their than that, the product is wonderful! Thanks for the templates.

Philipp
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

I am very satisfied with the easy use of your software.

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

The software helped me a lot to better design presentations and reports.

The software helped me a lot to better design presentations and reports.

Pros

I particularly like the many icons that you offer and the easy, very understandable use of the software. Also the selection of templates is very good. Likewise the service is excellent. If I have a problem, I write a contact person in the chat and get an answer immediately. That ist awesome!

Cons

Maybe it is up to my computer, but sometimes it's difficult to format and place individual elements exactly. For this I have the problem that when I edit a text field, often just the text disappears and I have to rewrite the text. Although I appreciate the number of templates, it is often difficult to use the templates for my own purposes. It would be nice if the templates were a bit more flexible. For example, that you can add pages with the same formatting when planning a longer report.