4,4
3,8
Sébastien L.

To Create High-Quality Vector Images for Free, Look No Further Than Inkscape

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Because Inkscape is able to work with many different image formats, it has enabled me to convert raster images to vectors at work, making it possible to print high quality promotional material. Its ability to open and modify PDF and AI (Adobe Illustrator) files is a real plus, as designers will often send their work in those formats. I have encountered a few frustrations while using it, but my overall experience is definitely positive and I would recommend this software any day of the week to any person getting into vector graphics design. Inkscape is a polished piece of software, working as expected on all major platforms (Windows, MacOS and Linux). For some rare corner cases, it even provides a built-in XML editor, allowing you to edit textually any detail of your creation, which can surprisingly be easier to understand by abstracting away the user interface in a readable format. It can be overwhelming to learn how to use all of its features, but there are great resources available on Internet and in the "Help" menu in Inkscape, including a lengthy manual and tutorials ranging from basic to advanced level.

Pros

One of the features I like the most about Inkscape, apart from the fact that it is an open source (free) software, is its ability to convert bitmap images to vectors, which can be done in a variety of ways depending on the desired result (brightness cutoff, edge detection, color quantization, etc.). The Bezier tool is also very intuitive to use, even more so than in other applications such as GIMP, which doesn't support paths and SVG as well as Inkscape. Using the Bezier, you can either draw an approximate path to be modified later or add precise curves along the way to minimize the work to be done after the path is created. Some tools, like Spray, Eraser and Gradient, provide some handy shortcuts to create absolutely interesting effects without much effort. For instance, Spray can take another object as a selection, the Eraser automatically redraws the modified paths without the erased part and the Gradient tool can take as an argument the average color in a selection. Most of the commonly used tools are present by default, but you can choose to move or remove many of them. Amongst those tools, there are many snapping behaviors available that can be turned on and off quickly along with many more windows that can pop up or be reduced on demand. It takes some time to get used to the way windows can be rearranged, but it provides greater flexibility down the road.

Cons

Inkscape is filled with so many options that the default interface can look like a mess on small resolution screens: hopefully, it is possible to remove less used buttons by customizing the interface. Sometimes, when working with images that render a very high amount of details by applying filters, the software becomes slow and may unexpectedly crash. Unfortunately, it is a hard problem to avoid, the only available choice being to use as few filters as possible until the very end. Without using extensions, it is also hard to position guides according to your needs: you have to do manual calculations to make sure you can properly align guides between them. There are many ways to snap objects together, but it's still tricky to try to center a vertex from one object to the center point between two other points from only a portion of a second object: again, manual calculations need to be involved. On smaller screens of less than 17 inches, many long menus when selecting cover up to the bottom of the screen, making it impossible to read the description for each tool that appears in the bottom part of the main window that stays beneath the menu, leading to forceful experimentation in order to guess what each option does.

Rodrigo T.

Great for SVG

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Years ago I started using Inkscape seriously, to create things like logos and baners, after a short learning curve, the tool became very useful, and its use was almost daily for a while. However, when I started trying to create derivative works, from resources bought in asset stores, which usually come as AI or EPS, I started having problems. Today I use it in conjunction with the paid tools, because its support for SVG is really great, and some quick tasks are done in an easier way than in other software, such as converting to PNG, which is much less bureaucratic.

Pros

The fact that Inkscape is free software and is great for editing SVG format makes it an indispensable tool.

Cons

The most important thing for commercial use, which makes it impractical to use Inkscape alone is the limited support for .AI and .EPS files, as these are popular formats for distributing content in asset stores.

Brent B.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Inkscape is great for beginning graphic artists and people on a budget

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/18

I used Inkscape when I first launched my business because it is by far the best option out there for FREE! I could not have ever created any of my first designs without this program.

Pros

Pros:
It's open source which means it's FREE!
Similar layout to Adobe Illustrator
Very powerful

Cons

Cons:
There is a pretty steep learning curve (especially if you've never used a vector program before)
Although it's very powerful, it lacks some options that the competitors offer

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

You get what you pay for.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Inkscape is a great solution for someone working alone or wanting to learn principles of vector graphic creation. I was surprised at how robust it is. That said, I need to be able output artwork and formats that my printers are going to easily be able to work with, without loss of I was surprised at how robust it is. That said, I need to be able to output artwork and formats that my printers are going to easily be able to work with, without loss of fidelity in translation.

Pros

Number one, I appreciated that it was available free of charge. For a product that is open source, it has some powerful functionality.

Cons

At the end of the day, working in a collaborative varmint or environments, it’s important to be working with similar tools. In my case, working with multiple teams of creatives means It is much easier to collaborate if we’re all using the same tool.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Fantastic free tool for vector graphics

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Overall, I'm very happy with Inkscape and use it to create/edit logos, banners, and other illustrations.

Pros

Without question, the best thing about Inkscape is the fact that it's completely free. It offers all the tools you'd ever need and has lots of useful extensions for more specific needs.

Cons

It's hard for me to find something to dislike about Inkscape. I'd only say that it could use some tweaks in the interface itself, especially in the dark theme.

Lisandro R.
Industry: E-Learning

Without Inkscape I would have fail as a designer

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

Right now, Inkscape is indispensable for me and my design career. Even though Inkscape is an open-source and free application, that doesn't mean it's inferior to paid alternatives in any way. Sure, Illustrator has its great set of features, but Inkscape is nowhere lesser. I have not needed to switch to any other alternative. It gets the job done really well! Love it!

Pros

It is very easy to use. It has a very friendly interface. It's really feature-packed. It has some out-of-the-box features equivalent to those in Adobe Illustrator but for free! It's open-source and get updated regularly. I love you can even work with PDF files natively. Also, I rely on the "trace bitmap" feature a lot: it's great to reuse royalty-free bitmaps on a quick design or just for inspiration. Inkscape is amazing and free!

Cons

I WISH it supported the Adobe Illustrator format (ai) but it's too much to ask as that is a proprietary file format. Also, some fundamental actions are complicated to implement: for example, setting default document properties shouldn't require to save a file in a specific folder or exporting your artwork as a .jpeg file shouldn't require an extension; those actions should be more straight forward.

Nigel masimba R.

Great For Web Development Quick Fixes

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Inkscape is great for minor edits to images and for exporting SVG images to raster formats. I use it to create minimalist icons and export them to PNG format. However, due to the rise of the WebP format I've had to add an extra step to my workflow where I export from SVG to PNG, then from PNG to WebP. While I could install a WebP plugin for Inkscape I've had bad experiences with Inkscape plugins in the past and I avoid them as much as possible.

Pros

Supports most of the mainstream media formats.
Uses okay file compression for exported PNG files.
It's easy to use and learn.
It's stable.

Cons

It does not support WebP image import and export out of the box.
Compatibility issues when objects/shapes are not converted into paths. If I don't convert SVG objects to paths they might not display correctly in other applications.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Matt K.
Industry: Medical Practice

Awesome Open Source Vector Design Software

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/05/05

When upgrading all of our office computers we lost our old installation of the Adobe Creative Suite. We have since used Inkscape to replace Illustrator. It is very seldom that we use graphics editors in our office, so the cost of an adobe subscription did not make sense.

Using Inkscape has been an amazing free alternative.

Pros

Inkscape is very intuitive and was an easy transition to make coming from illustrator. It does not have the steep learning curve that you may see when leaving other commercial software for open source.

It is not very resource intensive allowing us to run Inkscape on any machine in the office.

Cons

The industry standard is still the adobe suite. It can make things problematic if I need to collaborate with a partner as many people do not use Inkscape.

Industry: Internet
Company size: Self Employed

A great free program for illustrators

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/11/29

I've used Illustrator a lot more than Inkscape, but I do like Inkscape and I recommend it for people who can't justify paying for Illustrator.

Pros

It's free! If you don't want to pay for Adobe Illustrator or other expensive software, or if you are just a hobbyist, you can't beat Inkscape.

Cons

Because it's free, the functionality is not quite as robust as software like Adobe Illustrator. Of course, you would expect that from a free program.

Alexander B.
Industry: Computer Software

Vector image creation/edit for free

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Instead of having 4-8 Adobe Illustrator licenses we only have 1 now, this has freed up cashflow and we have moved most users over to inkscape to do quick vector images to be used on our websites.

Pros

Firstly I love Inkscape due to it being Free and Open Source, it has a great community with loads of documentation online on how to use it.

Cons

The UI/UX feels a bit outdate, but being an opensource piece of software this is being improved constantly and the software has great potential.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The best tool for small business

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Apart from not being the chosen solution for the printing industry, Inkscape works as well as all the other solutions, it opens the files produced by them and exports to their format.
Inkscape does not require the purchasing of a license, making it perfect for small businesses.
It is easy to work and working with it is just like working with the best software your money can buy.

Pros

Inkscape has all the features the major vector illustration tools provide, with more control over the end result, the file, and is distributed under a GPL license, meaning it is free of charge and free to be modified by knowledgeable developers.
It provides ways to implement new features via scripts, and also has a great developers' environment, continuously working on improvements for the tool.

Cons

Other than the fact that the publishing industry does not use it as the standard, there are no downside in using it.

Govinda H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Review for Inkspace

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

Considering it is a free platform, I have actually enjoyed the high quality material I can develop using it. Moreover, its cross-functionality is amazing, I can easily open PDF or AI files to edit and modify.

Pros

The software is user-friendly and runs on many platforms. It helps with my ongoing daily routine tasks. The best thing about it is that its absolutely free. You dont have to pay a penny.

Cons

It doesnt have a lot of options or functions to offer, very limited. Also, its interface is not very attractive unlike the other platforms.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Infiyaz K.
Industry: Computer Software

The best open source option for creating vector graphics

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

Compared to the minor setbacks, I recommend InkScape for all vector drawings.

Pros

If you're looking to 'create' vector graphics, InkScape is very straightforward and simple to use. It has a well-arranged menu system and it allows you to do any 2D graphic that you'd otherwise create using expensive programs like Illustrator.

It runs on most platforms - for me I need to use it on Windows and Ubuntu and it works without a flaw.

It supports layers but you don't really need it since you can easily re-edit every single object even on the same layer.

The fact that the files created are as SVGs allows the images to be directly opened on all modern web browsers.

I truly admire the work of the developers here as this is a great open source program and you can just download it for free.

Cons

These are the main drawbacks of InkScape:
1. You can only export images as PNG files if you need bitmap exports. Not even JPEG is possible.
2. 3D graphics are not possible.
3. Saving as other formats or importing from AI files is not always great. It seems a little buggy.
4. There is no way to know if your colours are print or screen-friendly. This is something that you find important especially for printing logos and art work.

Despite these drawbacks, I always choose it as I find it very comfortable working with it.

Industry: Graphic Design

Great Free Alternative to Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Overall, this program is great when paired with a paint program, something to support the vector. Gimp was really good to pair with it. I would definitely recommend

Pros

Inkscape is a vector software that allows you to make clean logos, illustrations, infographics, etc. I only just downloaded this program about a week ago but I've already used it in my freelance illustration job. The other program I had been using was Gimp, another free software. But Gimp wasn't allowing me to create basic shapes. So I was able to save the file I was working on in Gimp as a .pdf file and then bring it over to Inkscape where I added boxes that were perfectly resizeable and did not anchor after you made them. I was able to go back and adjust the color of the boxes and also add and format text within them. It was beautiful.
Inkscape is part of GNU which is the Free Software Movement put in place for just that-- freedom of software, bringing people from all walks of life into an equal platform. So that is why I chose to pair my previous Gimp software with this free Inkscape software as they are part of GNU Systems. Actually, Inkscape borrows some tools and coding from GIMP making it so easy and natural to jump between the two programs in one project. I'd go as far as to say that Inkscape is to Gimp what Adobe Illustrator is to Adobe Photoshop. Each is needed in it's own capacity, each tackle the same job at different angles.

Cons

This is purely asthetic but one thing I was slightly put off by was the white layout. When I first logged into the program, it reminded me of Sticky Notes on my computer. It didn't have that Adobe-esque feel that Gimp had with basically the same dark design. It just didn't feel like it could hold up to creating numerous graphic layers and really tricky tool maneuvers. While obviously it is not Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape seems like it has a lot of essential features to pair up with Gimp, that when these two free programs are paired, the result is very similar to Adobe Suite products. It is a bit different in the tools area as AI. I wasn't able to figure out how to move objects onto different layers. It wasn't as intuitive as AI or Gimp, for that matter.

Arun K.

Inkscape Teached Me The Basics Of Logo Desgning

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Even you face a little bit of trouble for figuring out the operations in Inkscape, I definitely recommend this for logo designing and vector graphics.Best platform which i used up to date for the same purposes.

Pros

I started to using Inkscape from 2019.Inkscape works really well in making logos and vectors in a simple format.One of the best featurre it provides is called node editing.Its capability of handling node editing impressed me alot.I think Inkscape is the best designing software to start graphic designing , if you are not familiar with any other softwares like adobe illustrator.One of the best speciality of Inkscape is that , it is totally free and it works well in all major operating systeems like windows,mas o.s and linux.If you are running a business , this one is suited for small, medium and also well suited for freelancers .Even i didn't tried much about vector designing in Inkscape, i believe this one helps to learn about basics of vector designing more easily that otheer graphics softwares like corel draw.You can set and edit or convert nodes is the best thing about Inkscape.It also support path simplification with variable threshold, path insetting and outsetting, object creation,bitmap tracing etc.I always like to use the speciality of converting a real picture into good looking and creative logos using Bezier curve tool.If you are looking to learn logo making and digital vectors, i always recommend Inkscape.This one helped me alot to learning in designing some logos.

Cons

If you are dealing with very large projects, it has some tendancy to freeze for sometime and this makes to feel bad while working on projects.It may be difficult to operate atfirst time after installation because of the new tools and features which are unfamiliar to a person who is a novice in digital graphics.So think it will take some time to figure out how Inscape is working.Even they provide tutorials about the working, most of people feel like an alien at the time of first use.Definitely i faced saving my work as in .jpeg or .gif format primarly and also it does not support .ai extension files.

David I.
Industry: Wholesale

Open Source Vector Graphics Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

I really like it over all you can do everything you need that all of the other paid softwares can do with exception to working with CMYK formats, this software is that good that when they get to integrate the CMYK color format as a printout file, a great majority of the people in the printing industry will switch to it. Is so well thought that is possible to designs faster than illustrator and corel draw, many of the tools make the job easier plus you can give a donation of 30 bucks or 100 bucks or 10 a year depending on you, but you get so much power for every cent or dollar you donate to the inkscape team.

Pros

- The amount of stuff you can do with this Open Source software is outstanding and the quality is superb, you can create all the graphics necessary for your websites, motion graphics, banners, games and animations.
- Also is possible to export to a variety of file formats supported by adobe, save images with transparency and even create DXF files for CNC and G code machine cuts, even use your plotter straight out of the software with a plug in.

Cons

- May have a bit of a steep learning curve since it is open source but there is ton of documentation and videos in youtube to overcome this challenge.
- With heavy graphics the program can crash if you do not save your work on layers so you can turn off finished work and work on layers, but can be overcomed with constant saving.
- It can be confusing when you select graphics because it’s highlighted only with a dotted box.
- Some tools don't work in a logical manner.
- It does not support CMYK colors.

Karin D.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great alternative to higher priced image software

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Inkscape has been a vast improvement over the suite software I was using. I don’t have to switch software to perform different tasks on a project. And, it’s price tag of FREE certainly helps when starting a business with zero capital and only two commissions that are yet to be paid.

Pros

This product is great. It combines all the features I need for SVG creation into one, easy to use, FREE software. Did I mention it’s free? I am trying to run a business selling various art items. I am not very technologically savvy and, as I am still in start up phase with zero capital, I need something inexpensive. I had been paying over $30 a month for another software suite that did not work well for me. Being on a budget so tight it’s basically non-existent, my laptop is very low on RAM, ROM and all those other computer capability things. With the larger suite, I had to install one of the programs, do part of the work on an image, remove that program, install a second program, do more work, and continue this cycle until the images were just right. This made projects take vastly longer than I could charge my clients for. Using Inkscape, I can do all these steps with one program that takes up about a quarter of the resources on my laptop than even one of the two programs in the expensive suite. And, it saves me over $350 a year!

Cons

The only issue I have with Inkscape is one of my own problems. I have been using the expensive suite so long, learning the different names and slightly different icons for Inkscape has taken some time. However, many videos exist on the internet to help people learn how to use the program.

Ray A.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

Feature-filled, cross-platform stable vector graphics software

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/27

I have been using Inkscape since 2008 to create drawings, emblems, and documents since 2008. Inkscape's open-source file format and codebase ensure that Inkscape will be around for many years to come. I would venture to guess that Inkscape will someday become an industry accepted format simply because it will be increasingly adopted by citizens, civil society organizations and local governments that support the principles of open-source software

Pros

Interface is quite similar enough to CorelDraw and Illustrator that using Inkscape is quite intuitive.

In the last few years, Inkscape has improved dramatically and it is now able to create complex, very large drawings.

Inkscape is dedicated to open standards to avoid proprietary vendor lock-in. The software is free to download and use- this is essential for grad students working on a budget. Open source software helps ensure that people have access to excellent software tools irrespective of their capability to pay.

Inkscape is cross-platform software- a fact that allows the use of Inkscape on Windows, Mac, or Linux and ensures that Inkscape documents can be opened on all computers. This is useful in organizations where various people must work together on documents, but may be using different operating systems.

Cons

Inskcape cannot flawlessly import CorelDraw documents. This is very much understandable and is mainly the fault of Corel for having proprietary formats that ensure users are locked-in to their product line.

Inkscape currently lacks the ability to create multiple page documents. If it could, I would use it exclusively for layout and typesetting of brochures and posters.

Adam B.
Industry: Media Production

Escape from monthly dues, try Inkscape

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Love it! I use it monthly to design fliers, t-shirts, business cards and help with web design for our non-profit that we run in our spare time. Inkscape is really a tool that can do it all and will not break your budget.

Pros

This is an open source project, I love things that are free (as in free beer and free speech). Inkscape is such a great value for the money. It takes a little time to learn, just like other graphics programs. If you are coming from the Adobe Illustrator realm, you will find things frustrating initially. Menu and tools and shortcuts are all different. But the principles of vector design and illustration are all there. You can literally do anything with this product. It won't have that glossy appeal of using Ai but it WILL get the job done. I just printed 100 T-shirts last week from an .eps I created in Inkscape (design and layout).

Cons

It's not flashy like Adobe, it doesn't look sexy from an interface perspective. Does that matter? Probably not. There is a learning curve though, be patient it is worth it.

Amanda N.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: Self Employed

A free and standard software for producing Vector art

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

I have really liked using it to produce logos and other vectorized images, since it has quite a lot of options that facilitate work. I would really recommend it to anyone interested in practicing vector art, especially if you cannot afford the more expensive softwares, since this one has all you could need to start.

Pros

It is one of the standard softwares, and this makes it easy to find information and tutorials online, which facilitates understanding how it works. It also provides a few tutorials with the program itself, which is always good to have. It is also free, and open-source, so users can develop and change it if they need to. The webpage has quite a few suggestions regarding tutorials and key-bindings, which is great to have as a new user.

The functionalities are quite extensive and useful, allowing users to produce shapes and lines that can be easily altered using nodes, without losing any of their quality. It has many predetermined shapes, but also has a few tools that allow users to draw the shapes they need. Pre-determined shapes can also be modified by the user to fit what they need. There are also countless options to work with regarding colors, gradients, position changes, grouping, selection, etc. There is even a selection tool that allows the user to select similar objects by their color or shape! It also allows to save the files in standard formats that can later be sent to others, or used in programs like Photoshop, which is a great option to have in case any further modification is needed that cannot be done in Inkscape itself.

Overall, it has great tools that facilitate work quite nicely for users, both regular and new to the software.

Cons

It is not very aesthetic-looking, and it can be a bit difficult to follow the tutorials, since many of its tools seem to have been moved around, and had their key-bindings changed, in later versions. This makes it hard for new users to find the tools or options they need for each piece, and can actually generate a lot of confusing when you start working with it.

Industry: Online Media

Power, Free, and Open Source

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Inkscape allows me to create designs for laser cutting, for logos and other web graphics, etc. There is definitely a learning curve, but there is a wealth of information in a variety of formats to help get smooth things out.

Pros

I appreciate that I get a powerful vector design option without being tied to a costly subscription. As a small business owner (with an equally small budget) who needs to use quality design software, Inkscape has all of the features I need to get the job done and then some.

Cons

Inkscape isn't always as user friendly as it could be and every once and awhile I find myself looking feature that seems like it should be an obvious choice to include. There are always work arounds, but they take longer.

Michael B.
Industry: Education Management

Inkscape, a "Go To" for so many reasons...

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Inkscape is really fantastic. It's always installed on my multiple work desktops. I have found Inkscape great for mocking up websites, and also doing perfectly formed layouts for printing. When I need to do some CNC work with my X-Carve, I throw the shapes together in Inkscape, export to an SVG, and I'm not long from rocking and rolling.

There are very few programs that I've used the same way for so long, but I keep coming back to Inkscape.

Pros

Free and Cross Platform! Inkscape gets the job done when I need vector graphics, SVGs, and more. I use it primarily for my room maps, rack layouts, network diagrams and more. As I've started doing a lot of CNC milling, I've found it very useful to do my designs in Inkscape, and then port them over!

Cons

Learning curve makes it a slow start, when I have to shake off the rust. The software hasn't had a great deal of graphical updates, and still has the dated look it it. But this is only cosmetic.

Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My "Go-To" for Vector Images and Graphics

Reviewed on 2020/02/08

There are a plethora of different applications this software has for business. Design business cards, letterheads, logos, mailers, flyers, and brochures - create a cartoon character or an emoji for your social media pages. Design stickers or a million others things that your business can use to promote. Or, perhaps it is your business to create images for others. Either way, this software can handle it. Personally, I use this software all of the time and I just love to work with it.

Pros

Inkscape allows you create and edit beautiful vector images and graphics! With just a little bit of imagination, a user can do so much because the creators have put so much functionality into this software. I have used many different graphics programs and I really prefer Inkscape since getting used to the controls. I use this software to make cartoon graphics of people for use on their social media accounts. Generally, I have to do a lot of edits to get an image exactly the way someone wants it to look. Inkscape makes those changes easy. This software can be used to make simple edits or to create full gorgeous graphics and the best part is that the software is free to use.

Cons

This software is certainly not for someone who is not tech savvy. There are some other programs that are more user friendly. However, in my opinion, those programs aren't as dynamic either. Inkscape can be intimidating and a little bit frustrating to even someone who does have some understanding of computer graphics until you learn the ins and outs of the program and where/how the functions are laid out. With that said, once you get in there and play with everything, the program develops an ease of use that will have a person preferring this software over other, much more expensive options.

Jason Y.
Industry: Arts & Crafts
Company size: Self Employed

Inkscape is great alternative to Adobe

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

This is a cost effective solution for graphic design for the end user. At home or professional, Inkscape will work for you.

Pros

The price and functionality are great. Inkscape functions well and doesn't take up much storage space as other designer products.

Cons

Beware, Inkscape updates can be tricky due to the amount updates from Apple but its a chance you take. The software for OS is solid but sometimes you need to avoid updates until Inkscape can catch up.

Anthony S.
Industry: Education Management

Some issues but free is hard to beat

Reviewed on 2020/11/27

We use it primarily to design pieces for laser cutting. Because of this we also have to teach others how to use it as well. Inkscape is buggy enough that laser cutting is challenging, but doable. Because it’s free, the headache is worth the payoff, but I prefer to use other software for more complicated tasks.

Pros

Inkscape has tons of features, it’s free, and has a pretty decently sized user base. It is very comparable to other vector based software like Illustrator, has many of the same features, and is definitely a serviceable product.

Cons

My biggest gripe with Inkscape is that the user manual is insufficient. Features are not very intuitive nor are they similar in function to similar tools from other software. Prepare to do a lot of googling and YouTubing if you want to learn how to use a tool or figure out if the function even exists in Inkscape.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10