PitneyShip Reviews

PitneyShip

Courier and shipping platform for small businesses

• Industry: Higher Education

Pre SendPro Online Experience

Reviewed on 2021/06/28

Pros

Prior to signing up to SendPro, I was using another product which continually failed and left me unable to post shipping on a daily basis which is important to my company. A couple of features that I would like folks to be aware of with SendPro 1. No need to save new entries to address book, SendPro is smart enough to add entries of new recipients to your address book. 2. I was able to import all my previous addresses from my previous vendor, and SendPro was able to do a data comparison to allow me to delete multiple duplicate entries what were brought over YAY! 3. Additionally I can create a batch of postage, printing later so I don't need to print with every order and stop fulfilling the orders. 4. Address completion and verification - with smart lookup technology I can have SendPro complete my addresses based on street number and name - SendPro will match city, state and zip AND if I currently have an address in the database incorrectly will offer to automatically correct it and update it.

Cons

Latest upgrade requires running on Chrome, not a first choice as a Mac user and I would prefer to be able to use Firefox.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for the glowing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We're lucky to have customers like you.

Eric
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

PitneyShip is Great but lack of printing return shipping label option.

Reviewed on 2024/03/27

Overall is great but still lack of some functions.

Overall is great but still lack of some functions.

Pros

Compare all the carriers at one place. That's great.

Cons

lack of printing return shipping label option. Can't setup fedex account via PitneyShip.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Eric. We're thrilled to hear that you find our platform beneficial for comparing all carriers in a single place. Regarding your feedback around return shipping labels, we’re pleased to inform you that PitneyShip does support the creation of return labels. You can view this support article to learn more about the process: https://www.pitneybowes.com/us/support/article/000083230/creating-a-return-label-in-pitneyship-pro.html.
Additionally, if you are subscribed to one of our multi-carrier plans, you have full access to FedEx rates, along with rates from other major carriers. To add FedEx as a carrier, go to Settings, Carriers, +Add Carrier, and select FedEx.

daniel
  • Industry: Printing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The product used to work; Now is failing my company

Reviewed on 2023/03/01

I have been using the software for 2-3 years. It worked great until the most recent upgrade. Tech Support has been largely useless concerning the most recent issues.

Pros

The product used to be a useful way to have a postage meter in my business. You can send First Class packages, Priority mail, express mail, parcel post and first class letters with the tool. With the latest upgrade I am able to do everything but send first class letters. It is cost effective compared to other online postage tools.

Cons

With the introduction of DeviceHub to the tool, a software necessary to print envelopes and stamp sheets, the software no longer works for Address and Postage directly printed on envelopes, and likely stamp sheets. DeviceHub is a local software that acts as a gateway to your printer. I am actively looking for an alternative.

Stamps.com

Reasons for Switching to PitneyShip

at the time it was more cost effective for my needs.
edward
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

shipping review

Reviewed on 2024/03/29

Pros

the ability to populate the address field is very convenient

Cons

Some addresses do not show up in the address book as being verified addresses.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thank you for leaving a review, Edward. We’re glad to hear that you find the address population feature so helpful and that you’ve found PitneyShip easy to use. We understand your concern that some addresses are not showing up as verified addresses, and we’ll forward that on to our product team for further investigation and improvement.

Ruffin
  • Industry: Printing

Great solution for entry-level shipping

Reviewed on 2021/06/22

Pros

While SendPro Online has relatively limited functionality, it's cheap and easy to use which makes it a great platform for an entry-level shipping solution.

Cons

There are a few features that would add a lot of value to the platform, even if it was as a slightly more expensive, higher-tier option. There's no ability to generate shipping labels from a mailing list and labels can only be "batched" in batches of up to 25, which makes creating labels for larger shipments very cumbersome. It's also annoying to have to type in the SN of the NetStamp sheets every. single. time...it would be nice if you could just type in all of the SN's up front, or maybe have them auto generated somehow.

Cathy
  • Industry: Sports

Happy user of SendPro Online

Reviewed on 2021/07/02

I like that UPS has started to offer a reduced rate for SendPro online users. That has saved me a lot of money in shipping costs since I ship a lot using UPS.

Pros

I find SendPro Online very easy to use. I have been using it for several years and I overall I find it quick, efficient and user friendly.

Cons

In the beginning it was very difficult to compare rates between USPS, UPS and FedEx without having to go to each carrier individually. Now the rates have all been integrated onto one page so that has made things much easier when trying to compare rates.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Cathy. We really appreciate it and are glad the product updates have made comparing rates easier.

Charles
  • Industry: Publishing

Great small business toolset

Reviewed on 2024/03/31

Pros

Easy to use. It's great for bulk shipping and the ability to print labels from the office.

Cons

API integration for pitney ship would be nice in the future.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thank you for providing your feedback, Charles. We're so glad to hear that PitneyShip has been a user-friendly tool that's helped with your shipping needs and provided seamless integration. Additionally, I wanted to inform you that API access and integration is currently available in our Enterprise subscription. If you want to learn more, please fill out this form and a representative will get into contact with you:

Ron
  • Industry: Veterinary

Rons review.

Reviewed on 2024/03/26

Overall, it is very good. I have purchsed shipping direct from Fed EX and its a lot more expensive. But is it really? I know we pay 250.00/ month for the use of the app. Im not entirely sure if its actually cheaper.

Pros

I like the convenience of being able to print my own labels and track my shipments.

Cons

Sometimes after an update there are some weird things. One time the prompt for zip codes was putting in the wrong city. Also, almost every time I print a label I have to choose 4X6 instead of it reading that my label printer is set up and auto selecting. If I'm not careful I will print out an 8x11 full sheet from my main printer.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for taking the time and leaving a review, Ron! We're so glad PitneyShip is making your shipping and tracking more convenient. We'll take your feedback regarding the incorrect ZIP codes to our product team to review.
Regarding your comment about the $250 cost. That $250 is actually your spend for postage and shipping costs through PitneyShip. only a small portion of that amount actually covers PitneyShip itself, with the majority allocated towards postage fees. We'll reach out to you directly to show you a more detailed breakdown and help you better understand your costs and breakdown your savings from using PitneyShip (over $200 this year!)

Isis
  • Industry: Legal Services

We Love Pitney Ship!

Reviewed on 2024/03/13

Pros

The ease of use of this platform is remarkable. We love using the presets for our more consistent shipment types.

Cons

The price fluctuation is disheartening, as we prefer consistent flat rates across all services.

Kevin
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Very Good Product

Reviewed on 2024/04/05

Overall, it's been a very good experience, and the software has been popular with our users.

Pros

Very clean interface, easy to use, easy to educate users. Tracking has high visibility, good capabilities to create presets for frequently shipped items.

Cons

the back-end setup process is a bit tedious and somewhat inflexible. Some features are fairly opaque.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Kevin. We're delighted to hear that you've found the interface so user-friendly, especially when it comes to navigation and trainability. It's so great to know that our tracking features have met your expectations and streamlined your workflows.
We hear your concern with the setup process being tedious and inflexible. We're continuously working to make this process more efficient and customizable for our users, so thank you for your feedback.

Addison

Quality Product for All-in-One Shipping

Reviewed on 2024/04/08

If your office produces enough in-house mail to require an efficient postage or shipping solution but not worry about a piece of postage machinery, PSP is your way to go. It is a more cost-efficient solution than a postage machine.

Pros

The software is easy to set up and use, making it a more suitable option for among various staff and office locations. The transparency of shipping options, requirements, and costs has made it simple to use the best service for a given mail piece.

Cons

I am a promoter of the software in full, and recommend it heavily. I do not see any cons to cause us to seek other options rather than provide recommendation for enhancement. PB has been receptive and responsive to feedback for PSP.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for all of your great feedback, Addison. We're thrilled to hear that are you such a strong advocate of PitneyShip and that it has been instrumental in enhancing your shipping processes across your staff and locations. We're also glad to know that you've found the product to be so transparent and simple, which supports our efforts in creating a user-friendly and reliable shipping solution.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and insights. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your office with excellence.

Kathi
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Very Good Time and Cost Savings

Reviewed on 2021/07/07

HUGE savings on first class shipments because our items tend to be small and relatively lightweight. USPS.com (Click N Ship) software has multiple problems and breakdowns when generating labels. The savings realized in wasted employee time is wonderful for US shipments. Indeed, I would rate SendPro Online 5/5 in all categories for U.S. shipments except that USPS is still responsible for tracking and accurate delivery. Due to USPS system failures, it is too easy to "blame" SendPro Online for problems that have nothing to do with SendPro Online.

Pros

Easy to Use, Easy to get up and running. Highly competitive pricing vs Click and Ship with USPS. STELLAR software compared to USPS Click N Ship

Cons

The date search feature is cumbersome. Lost international shipments means USPS denies all claims for lost/misdirected USPS shipments. No proof of label generated on international USPS shipments unless you set up a massive pdf file system for all labels. Guaranteed USPS denial of lost international claims since labels not generated though USPS.com

Something changed in the most recent software update. Saved address and new address entries we blamed on our computer system and computers was not eliminated with faster transmissions and all new computers which we implemented after switching to SendPro Online

3 different account types and terminology was VERY confusing and easily misunderstood. Entirely too many calls to customer service trying to understand unclear names of 3 account types. After 6 months, finally reached a representative who delineated terminology and account types associated with need for only 1 account.

Kelly
  • Industry: Higher Education

Integrated shipping hub at your fingertips

Reviewed on 2023/01/11

I find that SendPro Online helps me to ship quickly and efficiently. Being able to access it from any of the computers is nice with multiple systems. The Add to Batch shaves so much time from processing. Great software.

Pros

Shipping with SendPro Online is easy with it's step by step guided software. You are unable to move forward until all relavant fields are populated. The online address check prevents errors in addresses and allows confidence in your work. It removes the guess work with USPS regulations and has estimated delivery times and varied costs as well as a "More information" button to guide users into an informed choice of service. You can choose different label printing options based on the packages type. My favorite feature is the Add to Batch where I can upload addresses and print multiple labels when the packages are identical.

Cons

Adding the name to the cost accounts would be helpful. Autosaving addresses instead of having to remember to click the "ADD TO CONTACT" button.

BRENDA

SendPro Uses

Reviewed on 2021/06/30

Pros

Saving the addresses for future use. Being able to track mailings.

Cons

Limit to how many I can do a day. Occasional server issues on critical mailing days.

Stamps.com

Reasons for Choosing PitneyShip

Cost. We are not a large office, but we ship out supplies and information. It is much easier to print from my computer than to use a meter.

Reasons for Switching to PitneyShip

We liked being able to use the reserve account. Did not have to have a credit card.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Brenda. We really appreciate it and are glad you found the price reasonable and the product easy to use.

Azure

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/07/02

It has helped our business grow. We are able to serve more customers with more services.

Pros

The ease of this software is great. There are some issues that we have but it usually is operator error.

Cons

FedEx intergration has some issues with the SENDER portion if it isnt EXACTLY right and doesnt take a new address immediately. User has to enter an "approved" address before adding a new sender.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Azure. We're proud that our product was helpful in growing your business.

Robert

Reviewed on 2021/06/22

Shipping is much simpler using this type of service.

Shipping is much simpler using this type of service.

Pros

Fairly simple process to implement when starting out

Cons

Tech/Customer support is very difficult to contact. When searching for help on the site, it is very difficult to find anyway to contact support. Have had several issues in the past and it took days to have someone contact us.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback Robert. We're glad our product was able to make shipping an easier task for you. We'll take the feedback to support and see how we can do better to meet your expectations.

Pretty much the only choice -- not many other good options at volume

Reviewed on 2021/07/21

I would not recommend it if there were another choice for mailing at volume, but there really isn't a good one. Because of this, I reluctantly recommend it. The customer service is outsourced and generally doesn't seem to know what they are doing. Older machines were much better than the new ones.

Pros

It has a clean design and the features that are present are fairly clear to navigate to. What you can with it is limited, but it is well designed to do the same tasks over and over again, which is appropriate for mailing and shipping.

Cons

There are so many features that could be great, that are either missing or poorly deployed. The reporting it can do is very limited and you can't customize reports well. It is terrible that there are so many functionalities that are different cost items, but such is the Pitney Bowes business model -- pretty much "screw you, where else are you gonna go."

Polly
  • Industry: Entertainment

Convenient for small batches

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

Convenient, and the equipment is great. Printing large batches of postage is a time-consuming pain. Customer service sent me 4 different places through 4 different menus and long hold times to simply tell me that it is not possible to print more than 25 stamps at a time.

Pros

I love the convenience of printing postage, and I like the roll feature. I like that it is not using ink. I like being able to arrange for pickup. I like having the little meter. I love the discount.

Cons

I hate printing 25 at a time. I have to do 360 labels for each mailing, and each batch of 25 requires 4 clicks. It takes all morning and I can't do anything else because every couple of minutes I have to go through 4 dropdown menus. Also, I have to keep track of how many I've printed, in multiples of 25. I called to see if there were alternatives for people with lots of labels to print and there is not. Also, I had to change a credit card number. That took a long time. There are two places in which payment info is stored and the place the postage account (different from the subscription account apparently) is not obvious. Also, nothing auto-fills, meaning every time you fill out a form, you have to fill it out entirely by hand. That includes every time I arrange for a shipping pickup, etc. I coudl deal with all of that, but the 25 stamps at a time thing is why I will likely seek another system.

Shannon

Reviewed on 2021/06/30

Easy to use and at a great price!

Pros

I really like SendPro Online and the desktop software because it's easy for everyone to use in the office, easy to get shipping labels or even just stamps printed on letters which saves us time. It's very easy to compare shipping prices between USPS, UPS, and Fedex to make sure we are getting the best rates.

Cons

I wish the software allowed us to print directly onto a postcard so we could bulk print postcards that we send out.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for the glowing review Shannon. So glad its easy for everyone in the office to use.

allison
  • Industry: Accounting

Great Value and Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2021/06/22

My overall experience has been really positive. I used SendPro at my previous employer and implemented it immediately when I started with this firm.

Pros

SendPro is incredibly easy to use and a great value.

Cons

I do wish that I could edit a label without requesting a refund when a client changes where they would like their package sent.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for the glowing review Allison! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We're lucky to have customers like you.

Joanne

Easy to use and saves on shipping costs

Reviewed on 2021/07/01

Overall, our experience with SendPro Online has been a positive one and saved us money on our shipping costs over using the USPS website.

Pros

The product is easy to use. Pricing is very good. We love that you can set up defaults for packages you send a lot of. We also like the delivery refund guarantee you offered last December.

Cons

We find it a bit annoying that the emails you send to us about a particular shipment only contain the street address and not the whole address.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Joanne. I'll get your feedback to product management and see how we can do better to meet your expectations.

Joseph

PB Send Pro

Reviewed on 2021/06/22

Overall, it gets the job done. I would love more training options, tips, on how to use the software. I would also like more assistance with multiple users. Right now, my entire staff gets shipping notices, but we don't know how to turn it off for some and include others.

Pros

The Saas cloud-based software is easy to use and deploy.

Cons

The system is not easy for multiple users or help is scantly available to my knowledge. Calling PB is an exercise in frustration and should be avoided for any efficient-minded office staff. Billing is also a pain as we have to auto deduct periodically from our bank account and can't pay with a cc.

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for the honest review Joseph. I'll get your feedback to product management and see how we can do better to meet your expectations.

joe
  • Industry: Publishing

Easy shipping software

Reviewed on 2021/12/07

I was using PayPal shipping and they switched to ShipStation and what a mess with one problem after another. While PayPal was a free software the problems far out weight the $4.99 monthly charge I am now paying. I am able to generate labels faster and much less hassle. That alone makes this the perfcet solution.

Pros

I ship 10-20 packages a day both within the US and overseas. The software is easy to use and I did not need any training on how to use it. As you input name and street the program provides suggested city, state, zip, one click and it is inputted. Got one you sent to often, it has a history feature. I ship for three different cost centers and it allows me to select which one and provides an accounting summary. Makes book keeping easy.

Cons

Because I have three cost centers I need to select one for each label. Would like it to stay on one until I change. Also payment to Pitney, it not automatic and so need to fill the up the money every once ein a while.

Dennis

Great product!

Reviewed on 2021/06/28

Easy to set up and use.

Easy to set up and use.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Creating a shipping label is not very time consuming.

Cons

The account setup makes it confusing to access your accounts, especially when there are billing questions. I have a SendPro Online Purchase Power Billing Account & a SendPro Subscription Account/Rental Account .

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Dennis. I'll pass on your feedback to see how we can do better to meet your expectations.

Karen
  • Industry: Accounting

Limited Options

Over all I do like the SendPro program. It saves me time and money

Over all I do like the SendPro program. It saves me time and money

Pros

I am able to send priority & overnight mail with ease and confidence it will get there.

Cons

I wish I could use the option of Overnight & Priority Tyvek and not have to stand in line at the post office

Response from Pitney Bowes

Thanks for for the glowing remarks Karen. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'll get your feedback to product managers and see how we can do better to meet your expectations.