Ranktracker Reviews

Ranktracker

Cloud-based SEO management and keyword tracking software

Philip
Philip

Must-have tool for SEO!

Reviewed on 2022/07/02

My SEO strategy got much clearer since I am using Ranktracker. It helps me to test what works and what doesn't, as well as find new niches I can write for. Support is very responsive and helpful. All in all great product, happy to be their customer! :)

Pros

The keyword rank tracker, keyword finder, and backlink monitor are my favorite features. They are very powerful and well constructed. I tested various similar SEO tools and Ranktracker definitely stands out in regards to these 3 and the beautiful user interface. That's not all, the SERP checker surprised me a lot and is extremely helpful in so many ways! For newbies in the SEO field, the SEO Checklist is a good start, too! Thus, it can definitely be recommended for advanced and beginner users.

Cons

I don't use the website audit a lot but it seems like it is currently not working (support told me they are working on it). I hope in the future it is possible to include all the data (possibly) in the report. That is a missing feature I would like to see a lot. But that's just a minor idea. It's a great product!

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

For Keyword research powerful tools with simple interface

Reviewed on 2021/09/24

In one word if I have to say about Rank tracker, I must say " Powerful with simple interface". It provides me all SEO features to complete my project like SEO checklist, auditing in such an easy way. Moreover, anyone can quickly understand without any hassle. I tested with other similar tools, In my opinion Rank Tracker is one the best among them.

Pros

By using the Rank tracker, I track my website keyword's actual organic search position. Comparing with other similar tools I get that its provided mot accurate data based on organic research. Rank tracker has well designed & very easy user-friendly interface. In the Rank Tracker, I like most, the result I get from my search is very easy to understand.
With the Audit feature and SEO checklist, which is cool for me, I can able to provide services to my clients more accurately.
I got all the features in APPSUMO at a such cheap rate, that's why I can easily test this tool, the result is pretty good for me.
They recently add GMB position search option, it's something interesting.

Cons

I was wondering, they need to improve the keyword difficulty section, we need to click on the small icon after search to view the keyword difficulties. They should add this in the default search section.

Response from RankTracker

Thank you so much for the review! Make sure you join our facebook good to keep upto date with changes and issues. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ranktracker

• Industry: Wholesale

Before who you get in bed with. It won't be pretty when you wake up.

Reviewed on 2023/11/28

Terrible, would never recommend. Criminal business practises and with a shady [sensitive content hidden].

Pros

Good UI, well thought out tools and relatively accurate.

Cons

This is not a company you should trust with your business or data. The [sensitive content hidden], has no issue with using deceptive tactics in order to rope in users and leaving them in the dust without hesitation. Here are several examples (and it he chooses to flag this review, I'm more than happy to provide proof):

1) Placing lifetime deal users behind a paywall masquerading as a "Support Plan". Several years ago, [sensitive content hidden] ran a lifetime deal promotion campaign with AppSumo. These licenses started from $49 with the promise of providing lifetime access to their software for an early investment to beta software, essentially. Shortly after, [sensitive content hidden] began to strip access to our accounts and in order to receive "priority support" to restore access, and we had to purchase a "Support plan". Over the last year, I was given the same boilerplate response from [sensitive content hidden] and have not had access restored since. I've tried giving him the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately here I am writing this review.

2) Promising features to get the sale. Prior to purchasing a lifetime deal license, I asked if he was going to include Amazon rank tracking in the future. Without hesitation, his response was a solid yes. 2 years later, it was clear there was no intention to do so. He's money hungry and will do whatever it takes for financial gain and getting users trapped in his ecosystem. They key for [sensitive content hidden] is to squeeze every bit of money out of his users without offering anything in return and goes about it in a shameless way.

From an objective standpoint, the software works and works well. I enjoyed the features and the visibility it offered to my SEO, HOWEVER, it comes down to which horse you're willing to back in a space with so many options. [sensitive content hidden] is someone with vision but lacks deeply in ethics and values as a founder in this space. With so much competition and comparable platforms, I don't see the incentive in investing the time and effort to integrate Ranktracker as a core piece in your SEO toolkit and initiatives. The trust isn't there and to wake up one day and everything you've put into setting it up the workflow to be gone is a bit too unsettling for my blood.

[sensitive content hidden], do better. Everyone else - buyer beware and know who you're getting into bed with. It's not pretty once you wake up.

Jay
Jay

RankTracker is a great SEO and SERP analysis tool

Reviewed on 2021/10/20

Pretty solid tool with emphasis on getting the right keyword data so that you can create the best SEO strategy and right decisions for your business and your clients.

Pros

RankTracker bring real SEO and SERP data analytics to a clean, well-thought UI providing a great user experience.

Cons

As a product in its infancy, there are some UI bugs to work out. However, their analytics are spot-on compared to other SEO tools with higher-tier pricing.

SE Ranking, Keyword Tool and Ubersuggest

Reasons for Switching to Ranktracker

Support for a new venture bring added-value. As an early adopter, I can help steer the product roadmap in the direct that best supports my business needs.

Danny

All the functionality of the big guys but at a fraction of the cost

Reviewed on 2021/10/22

Pros

I like that Ranktracker can do all the critical things we need from a ranking tool but doesn't break the bank. We can also easily track competitor keywords and rank for them as well.

Cons

I can honestly say there isn't anything I don't link about this software.

Moz Local and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Ranktracker

Ranktracker can do most everything that way more expensive rank trackers can do but at a more reasonable price.

Matt

Total scam.

Reviewed on 2023/12/19

Pros

Nothing. I can't access it. It's a total scam. Buy a life time deal and then they effectively revoke all access by putting all the features behind a paywall (unless you pay for priority support you don't want or need).

Cons

As with so many others, I bought a life time deal from AppSumo.

So far so good. Nice tool, really useful.

Then they effectively put our account behind a paywall, totally blocking access to the tool unless we buy for yearly support.

I don't want yearly support. I don't need it. I just need access to the product I bought.

Honour your commitments to the many people who bought your deal, and stop being a shameful company.

And if you didn't buy an AppSumo life time deal, don't worry, they could change the rules on you at any time, effectively stealing the money you've paid for their product.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.

Gal

Great Tracking software

Reviewed on 2021/10/15

Pros

The product is very easy to use, the dashboard is very easy to read.
I report option is very easy to config.

Cons

There are 2 feature that I would love to see:
1. backlink tracking - discover backlink and track it for any change.
2. option to set a date to specific report.

Farres

Amazing Product | Perfect SEO Tool Find!

Reviewed on 2021/10/28

Amazing product, i would recommend to anyone wanting solutions for their SEO Agency

Pros

Provides All in One Solutions, User Friendly, Easy to Use Daily & Setup

Cons

Not enough keywords, could use a little more as a small business

Marco
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Increbile Software and price

Reviewed on 2021/10/21

Pros

Keyword ranking and keyword analysis + competitor tracking as well!

Cons

nothing :-D There are some tiny bugs which are corrected very fast. Great product!

Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Sports

Effective All In One SEO platform

Reviewed on 2021/10/20

There's many established and new SEO software providers competing in this market space. For a start up business with limited resources, Ranktracker is definitely the best to help me get comfortable with SEO.

Pros

It's has clean and easy to use functionality and a user friendly interface. This is ideal for a start up business looking to keep all their SEO tools in one place. The site audit function stand this software out in a crowded market.

Cons

Occasionally the keyword searches took longer to process than I expected but my searches were in a very broad market.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Easy to use, Interface is clean, Rank tracking is accurate

Reviewed on 2021/10/26

Overall, it's easy to use, interface is clean, Rank tracking is accurate, but Dark mode is a must and need to improve the Website audit. High hopes for this awesome tool.

Pros

For a newbie like me, Rank Tracker is a saviour. The UI is simple and easy to understand.
It has Keyword Finder, SERP Checker, Web Audit tool, Actionable SEO Tasks and the ability to create customizable reports.
1. The rank tracking is mostly accurate.
2. They have the option to find keyword difficulty, but in order to access it i have to manually click it. It would be better if it's shown by default.
3. We can search for a keyword (country specific or global) and get its volume, location, keyword difficulty, CPC, PPC etc. within 30 seconds.
4. For a keyword, we can also see the related terms and ideas related to it.
If they add the ability to auto suggest us (via email or in the dashboard itself) regarding low competition, but high volume keywords based on our search history, then it will be super useful.

Cons

1. At present, they don't have Google Analytics and Google Search Console integration, that should be added ASAP.
2. The interface was a little laggy at times, but that could be easily improved in the future.
3. All the tools except website audit are useful. Website audit only tells me what are the issues with my site but doesn't tell me how you can fix them.

Márcio
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Beware, this company is pure SCAM. It does not honor commitments.

Reviewed on 2023/06/26

This is a company that definitely does not honor its commitments. I accessed the app today and, to my surprise, I can't access any features. I purchased a lifetime plan through Appsumo with a one-time payment, and now they have simply blocked access to all platform features, claiming it is necessary to purchase a "support" plan. I don't demand any support from the platform, only lifetime access to the app's features as described on the Appsumo page. If they did this to me and countless other users, as you can verify right here on Trustpilot, they can do it to anyone else.

Pros

It's not possible to like this in any way after what they have done.

Cons

I bought a lifetime plan and I simply cannot access the features anymore. Even if they gave me access back, I would not continue to do business with this company. They are simply not trustworthy.

Reasons for Switching to Ranktracker

They were featured in Appsumo It seemed a good offer for a lifetime plan. Boy, how wrong I was... They now showed who they really were, completely blocking access to all the features of the app, demanding new payment for “support”.
  • Industry: Media Production

Looks nice from the outside but it's mediocre at best

Reviewed on 2022/06/30

You could use various free online SEO tools and get the same quality out as Ranktracker.

Pros

The only thing I liked was some of the design choices but actually navigating it is no fun.

Cons

Where to start, the rank tracker itself which is obviously supposed to be the main selling point based on their name seemed very cheap and once my keyword list was imported it seemed like it was queued up, days go by and nothing ever appeared. The SEO checklist was a nice little extra but seems like it would only be useful to SEO novices as people with more knowledge would make their own list and if using a tool like this, would have already had a game plan. Backlink checker showed a tiny fraction of the backlinks found by more well-known backlink checkers, in their defense the tool is marked beta, time will tell if it improves or not. With that in mind the backlink monitor never alerted of anything. The website audit was stuck on a loading bar for days as well even though it stated it takes about an hour, then again you could probably easily run a similar audit with a free browser extension

mangools and Semrush

Response from RankTracker

Hello Jonathan,

I checked out your account, you are on a trial.

You never added any keywords to your Rank tracker tool. Hence why it never updated as there was nothing for it to track.

As for the backlinks, i checked your profile on the domain you checked on other tools and we are all around the same amount of backlinks shown, you also never added your domain to the backlink monitor.

As for the audit tool, we were experiencing some issues with this over the past few days but its now restored.

If you were encountering issues you could have always reached out to us via livechat, but there are no support requests that i could find under your account details.

I invite you back anytime to test our software again.

Have a nice rest of your week.

Dennis
  • Industry: Online Media

Ranktracker has no support nor a good working product.

Reviewed on 2022/08/18

It's just an overall bad experience, Support is non-existent, they will tell they will fix this and that and 0 happens. During 20 years in marketing, this is my worst experience. Ranktracker.com has a great website, and it looks professional, but you will soon find out it is as bad as it gets.

Even though they of course knew the many chats that their product didn't work as described, they refused to refund my money, they simply don't care.

This tool is not suitable for any company that work professional with their clients.

Pros

Their UI is great, but that's about everything good I have to say.

Cons

Their backlink monitor is not even close to be accurate, most free tools do a better job. As a Professional backlink, is everything. And there were features like pages that should be crawled, and it just didn't work at all.

Response from RankTracker

Hello Dennis,

After you paid, you got instant access on your account. I checked the chat and I saw that you were logging in with another account & you confirmed it worked 20mins after you purchased.

We are aware of the issues with the Ranktracker pages, this will be resolved asap. As for the backlink database, either the link no longer exists or we have not yet crawled all the links for this website.

You also purchased a yearly plan on a lifetime discount, if the plan stays active.

As for refunds, we offer a 7 day trial on some of our plans. If a user opts to go for a paid plan we do not offer a refund as you waive your right to a refund as per our terms of service.

Sorry that you feel you had a bad experience at Ranktracker. Jump on live chat so we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Felix

David

Keyword Gold

Reviewed on 2021/10/20

I started using the keyword finder and it's gold. I love how it stays on topic and doesn't go too far from what I'm looking for. When I use native Keyword Planner, it goes off in so many tangents, it ends up wasting so much of my time. Thank you for providing a tool that can stay on topic. The only gripe I have is keyword tracking, 1 keyword should be 1 keyword tracked instead of per keyword + location + tracking, etc.

AccuRanker

Reasons for Switching to Ranktracker

Lifetime deal with better limits

Jonathan

Incredible all-round keyword tracker and SEO audit tool

Reviewed on 2021/10/27

Really great experience, powerful and easy to use. The dashboard is so much easier and clearer than competitors. The SEO audit is incredibly comprehensive and you can work through it as a checkpoint list. I've not seen a feature like this. Combines a lot of tools that before I needed several apps to gather the info I need.

Pros

The dashboard is really easy to use and doesn't overwhelm. It gives you what you need without filling the screen with a thousand numbers and data

Cons

Nothing really that I have found yet. I am always after a better keyword suggest tool, and this hits the mark but I still feel it could be better and give better suggestions - I have yet to find the perfect tool for this

It was a better price

Peter

I would NOT recommend

Reviewed on 2023/10/10

Long term user. My account was disabled. I asked the owner in support why my account was disabled, he plays like he doesn't know the reason and that he will have support fix the problem. 3 weeks later I see this happened to others. I asked if they will fix my account and the owner tells me they will email me, his way of saying don't bug us anymore. Paid user and they permanently disabled my account. So many better options to waste anymore time with these people.

Pros

Nothing. There are so many better options out there.

Cons

Support. Account will get disabled or lose data and you will have 0 help.

Reasons for Switching to Ranktracker

Deal that now I regret taking
Nicholas
Nicholas

There are better options out there that provide value

Reviewed on 2023/10/24

Not good. It provides little value.

Not good. It provides little value.

Pros

Some of the features are easy to us which is nice.

Cons

Most features are not easy to use and they provide very little value so the ones that are easy to use aren't enough to provide any value. There's not a lot of development going on either which means you're not likely to ever see many benefits.

izhak

Excellent system- I really liked

Reviewed on 2021/10/22

Overall the system is undergoing upgrades and I very much hope it will be a real alternative to MOZ or ahrefs

Pros

The system is very convenient to use.
Provides daily keyword crawling without any mistakes or calculations
The system provides recommendations for SEO errors in a professional manner
You can check which keywords your site is in Google results without guessing

Cons

The system scans only 100 pages
Unable to see backlinks from my sites and competitors
The system divides the amount of keywords by locations / mobile / desktop and more
For example: Purchasing 1000 keywords is considered 500 keywords if you want to scan on a mobile and a stationary computer. This is very disappointing because this option greatly limits the user and causes the customer to purchase a larger package!

• Industry: Design

Appalling Customer Support

Reviewed on 2022/07/28

The software itself seems fine, although they appear to have problems with some implementation.

My...

My experience with their customer support is that they look to blame the end-user for unanswered support questions - they do not have a proper ticketing support system in place and when they are questioned, they block you on facebook.

The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] also takes angry rants as "threats" and cannot take on any criticism of his "support team", which would actually only appear to be him.

Honestly, I would not bother as this prevailing poor attitude underlines and undermines the perceived quality of the product.

Pros

seems like it compares with most of the similar products out there, though not a comprehensive

Cons

Appalling customer support systems - for this reason alone I wouldn't bother.

A Rollercoaster Experience with Ranktracker

Reviewed on 2023/10/13

While Ranktracker does have its merits - particularly in the keyword research department - the experience has been tainted by unethical practices. I'm left feeling bitter and frankly, quite cheated. I hope others don't have to go through what I did.

Pros

Their Keyword Research tool is OK. It's helped me uncover some Keywords. The ranktracker works in the beginning too. You can discover keywords that alligns with your content.

Cons

I bought a lifetime deal from Appsumo, which seemed like a fantastic bargain at the time. But after a while, I hit a roadblock. The deal just stopped working, and they forced me to pay again for what I'd already paid for. Talk about a punch in the gut! It felt like buying a car, only to have the dealer come back a year later and say, "Oops, you need to pay again to keep driving."It's not just about the money; it's about trust. This experience has left me feeling deceived and taken advantage of. I mean, when you purchase a lifetime deal, you expect it to last a lifetime, right? Not just until they decide they want more cash.

François

User Friendly with lot's of SEO features that give lots of value for most webmaster

Reviewed on 2021/10/21

It is very easy to get onboard and to get value from the tools inside the software. Is is very good for beguiners in SEO. Receiving reports every day is very usefull.

Pros

The Keyword ranking is very comprehensive and the everyday report is extremely usefull. The keyword finder works very well and can be use for lost of research. It is possible to have data from other search engine than Google like Yahoo and Bing. SERP Checker is also usefull.

Cons

Sometime you can not use the saas because they are in maintenance. They don't have backlink tracking for now. Sometime the data are not so accurate than other ranktracker.

Rick

Potentially a product for a great value

Reviewed on 2021/10/28

Pros

Good looking UI
Good user experience
Very easy to get started
Great price
Roadmap included

Cons

Some bugs and periodical issues that prevent you from properly using the software. Can also cause incorrect data.

pinakin

ranktracker for freelancer

Reviewed on 2021/11/02

Excellent product and well worth the cost

Excellent product and well worth the cost

Pros

I purchased this license via appsumo. costing $199 for 500 keywords. This is very cheap in comparison to other monthly cost tools. The positions are updated daily and are very accurate.

Its the first thing i look at every morning to how my daily changes are being affected.

Cons

As it is very early in development there are days when the software is not available. Luckily it is rare. Additionally when you add a new keyword or domain you get a feeling nothing is happening but if you come back in 20 minutes it would have started showing results.

Annie
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Best Keyword tracking tool

Reviewed on 2021/10/27

Pros

I use Ranktracker to track my SEO keywords for all of my clients. The keyword tracking is excellent and I love how easy it is to use Ranktracker's platform. Ranktracker has been a lifesaver for me and my team. We all know that there are a million different tools out there to help with SEO, but Ranktracker is the only one we actually enjoy using. The UI is sleek and easy to use, plus you get straightforward answers to your questions so you can really get down to business. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a keyword and SEO tracking tool.

Cons

There are no cons at this moment for my use cases.