Online Check Writer Reviews

Online Check Writer

Software for managing payments and accounting operations

Jayaprakash
Jayaprakash
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for Free Trial

Online Checkwriter - a need of the hour

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

The emergence of Online check writer is a need of the hour. It has features akin to demand draft obtain directly from Bank. Hence, utilizing the facility a business man can save a lot of time in routine works. It is doubtless that everyone would love to hear a more attractive feature of online check draft, that is, the process does not involve any fee like credit card or ACH. The check can be accepted through phone, fax or online. There are not so much investments required to avail the facility. In every aspect, online check writer is highly beneficial to businessmen.

Cons

The output of the process is not acceptable internationally. This is the only disadvantage I can say about the software.

Response from Zil Money

First of all, we would like to thank you for your kind words so far. We're glad you like our platform and that it's working for you. We work really hard to offer you the best possible service

Online Check Writer has really made my check writing life much easier to handle. Thank You!

Reviewed on 2018/01/21

Pros

I am really excited about the Online CheckWriter software. No more looking for my checkbook. I love having all of my check writing needs available online. I love being able to see everything pertaining to my check writing needs CLEARLY by using this software. My favorite feature is being able to type instead of manually writing information that is needed on the check. My checks look so much better typing instead of writing. My favorite feature is the FREE feature for Consumers that only need fewer than 5 checks per month. After using the 5 free checks you only pay 5 cents per check which is really affordable.

Cons

The only Cons I have with the Online Check Writer Software is not being able to have artsy designs on the check. You are allowed to customize your checks for free but not really have the check looking really colorful and artsy.

Response from Zil Money

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

James
  • Industry: Events Services

Poor Customer Experience

Reviewed on 2022/08/04

Online Checkwriter is very inconsistent with their processes and their phone agents are extremely rude. When it comes to paying vendors and you advise the estimated date of when their direct deposit should hit their account, you need to be very precise. It's okay to be a day off of the date advised but 1-2 weeks beyond that is crazy! I don't trust that I can continue using this software due to the lack of speed in processing ACH deposits.

Pros

I like the fact that this software is available online and that it gives me the capability of paying my vendors via ACH or check.

Cons

Online Checkwriter has poor customer service when it comes to their processes and procedures. Before implementing a process to pay my vendors via ACH, I called Online Checkwriter and walked through the process to ensure that I had it correctly. I even ran a couple of live test transactions to confirm the process works for me. When I started paying my vendors, I was advised that it would be 3-5 days for them to receive payment. After relaying this to a vendor I was then told that it's up to 9 business days unless I fund my wallet in advance. For the next vendor, I funded my wallet first and then processed an ACH which should have been deposited on the next business day. Again, the funds were not deposited and sat in the vendor's newly created wallet within Online Checkwriter (the vendor did not request this wallet account) for over a week. I called and spoke with the ACH department who said regardless of what I was told by a previous agent, I need to upgrade my subscription and follow a process that was never given to me.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for your positive review. Furthermore, we apologize for the difficulties you may have experienced. The customer service team is expanding its capabilities to provide better customer service and to address customers' doubts. We have a 24-hour chat team and call support between 8 AM CST to 8 PM CST. Feel free to reach us back for any assistance.Our team ready to help you

Kirti

A total time saver

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

This is a print checker and really good for business.

This is a print checker and really good for business.

Pros

Very reliable and trustworthy. Easy to use and learn. It is so convenient to use the software and the results are positive.

Cons

Sometimes a bit hassle but if dealt with care, the Product seems to be great especially in such short time.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you so much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer you the best possible service. We are always improving our product and service to make our customers happy.

manasi
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Awesome

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

Very happy to use it.

Very happy to use it.

Pros

Time saving, user friendly, easy to access

Cons

No such cons. But can be upgra with time and demand

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for taking the time to review Online Check Writer. We are glad to hear that you are happy with our product and services.

Adam

If you don't want to bend the knee to Intuit ...

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

It's been the best/easiest way to print my own checks that I've found.

It's been the best/easiest way to print my own checks that I've found.

Pros

I can print checks the way I want for a much lower price than Intuit was offering.

Cons

Creating checks could be a little streamlined, especially monthly recurring checks.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Adam,
Thank you for the review.
You can create monthly recurring checks without any editing. We can give you a demo for this, please call us.

Richard
Richard

Great Software

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

Makes payroll a simple task, started using this software about 6 months ago for my small business and will continue to use it in the future.

This is a sponsored review

Cons

I have not found any cons about this software so far. Every time i used this payroll software it worked as described.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you, we're really happy to hear that you're getting good value out of it! The whole team here at Online Check Writer would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Rashed
Rashed

This is very effective software for those who do business.This is a sponsored review

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Saves my time and money.This is a sponsored review

Saves my time and money.This is a sponsored review

Pros

Most interesting thing about this app is it's easy to use and saves money and time. Definitely recommend it .This is a sponsored review

Cons

It saves time for business man. This is the thing i like about this software. Happy to use this. Thanks.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you so much for your great review, we're glad you're enjoying Online Check Writer and would love to hear from you if you need any help using the tool. Hope to see you again.

Julio
Julio
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Very easy to use, helpful, intuitive and lifesaving

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

The greatest benefit was saving a lot of time, i don't have to draft 20 or 50 checks at month, it was indeed a great add to my company

Pros

It is a very easy to use software to keep track and write your checks online, that way you don't have to keep your check wallet around with you anymore, very intuitive, it is a definitive must have if you want to get rid of your old checkbook

Cons

I couldn't find any major flaws on it, it is easy to you and never has let me down, it was a great purchase

Tanner
  • Industry: Music
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Pretty good!

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

I like that i can finally print multiple bank statements and checks without the use of that silly special paper. Sweet invention

Pros

I can print whatever checks and banking info without having to go to a in person third person

Cons

It wouldve been nice if it was free. Although i didnt really mind paying the extra.

Response from Zil Money

Great to hear! Thank you so much for your review. We've always had great feedback about the product and are really glad to hear that you're happy with it!

David
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent Small Business Check Management System

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

Pros

I have integrated OCW into my invoicing system with awesome results. I can manage accounts payable and track and manage vendor payments all with ease. The checks I create for vendor payment are professional grade. The provided online check link is invaluable. It removes third party payment fees, and allows my customers to make direct payments, via digital check . I now process more than 80 percent of invoices directly through OCW. This product has helped me streamline and better control fiscal policy and has given me the tools I needed to further expand my business . All done at a price that this small business can afford. Id recommend them to anyone.

Cons

My only qualm, which does not detract from my overall love of this product, is to have better control over the appearance of 'checks received' through the online digital check link.

Response from Zil Money

Hi David,
That's a wonderful review. Our developers are delighted to see this. We are constantly improving the platform and will work on your suggestion related to check received appearance.

Mendel
  • Industry: Insurance

Used to be great, then went slowly down the drain

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

Mixed, they used to have knowledgeable customer support reps but lately they stopped caring.

Pros

They have a beautiful intuitive interface, I used to recommend it to everyone I knew.

Cons

They frequently change their pricing.
Every time i was charged for something not previously disclosed, they would tell me the feature was just a trial and now it costs money, and that went without any kind of notice, totally misleading.
It's not that i wanted free stuff, i was already paying $500 a year for this Sofware.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Mendel,
Thank you for the feedback. Please call our team; we will create a custom plan for you.

Vishal
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Powerful product, but with plenty of bugs/glitches

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

Good, powerful software. It has definitely improved our process. If the software could be made less buggy particularly around creating duplicate checks, it would be great.

Pros

Has most of functionality we are looking for when it comes to writing checks. We have 90+ bank accounts and need to ability to print checks using blank check paper from any of them on demand.

Great customer support

Cons

Plenty of glitches. When importing ten or more checks, we usually end up with duplicates which have to be cleaned out.

There does not seem to be a way to import the details of a transaction onto the stub. This would be valuable to see the detailed breakdown of the accounts and amounts that the check is composed from.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Vishal,
Thank you for this valuable feedback; our development team will work on your suggestions.

Jason
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great option if you have a lot of accounts

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

Pros

I have a business model that manages dozens of bank accounts. I needed a centralized check printing software. OCW was perfect for my needs, is reasonably priced, and is easy to use. It was the perfect solution for what we needed.

Cons

The pricing structure can be a little steep, but the "pay as you go" option that is now available seems to work for my needs. I would like to see a cheaper, all-in, option with unlimited accounts.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Jason,
Thank you for this excellent review. Please call our team; we will create a custom plan for you.

Chad
  • Industry: Law Practice

Office management made easier

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

The system is easy to use, and support is easy obtained.

The system is easy to use, and support is easy obtained.

Pros

OnlineCheckWriter.com allows me to send payments to my staff with the click of a button. Often, checks are needed to cover legal filing fees. This system permits me to email checks to my staff easily and quickly.

Cons

I do not like the cost per check email that was recently implemented. I email most checks because of our remote working structure and rather pay a highly annual rate rather than be charged for each emailed check.

BILL, Wave Accounting and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Online Check Writer

Response from Zil Money

Hi Chad,

Thank you much for this honest review; we value your feedback.
Please call us for a custom plan that suits your requirement.

Jessica
  • Industry: Automotive

Check printing for the impatient but needy

Reviewed on 2022/07/27

Great and affordable

Great and affordable

Pros

Easy to use and navigate easy to design easy to get and not too complicated at all

Cons

The Only thing I didn't like is that when if I were to click and not know I had any credits then I would have to remake the whole check all over again because I already clicked it and it considered it already printed

Response from Zil Money

Thank you very much for this great review, Jessica. We have noted your suggestion regarding credit tracking before taking any action: we will make it happen soon.

Nathaniel

Great Product and service

Reviewed on 2022/08/09

Easy to use and very affordable for all! Always seem to be trying to make the experience better with great updates. Including additional features, controls and options. The pricing modules are fantastic and extremely convenient. I love this program and use it even for bill pay.

Pros

Cons

It could be more user friendly. But I understand because it has so many features.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you Nathaniel for this great review.

Jason

Sketchy

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

While the software works it lacks the features and functionality of some of the competitors. This was easy to overlook when they did not nickel and dime you on all of the transfers. They recently changed the pricing without warning and it is much more expensive to accept and receive any payments. We have stopped using and are moving to a more reliable and now less expensive option.

Pros

I liked that it synced with our ZOHO books account

Cons

The inability for my to accept payments via ACH into my account

Response from Zil Money

Hi Jason,
We understand you are upset with our recent price increase. As you have noted, we provide a high-quality platform and have to start charging for transactions to maintain quality. But, for a customer like you, our 499.99 plan can cut transaction costs by 81%. Moreover, this plan provides $500 worth of free credit, which effectively cancels the subscription cost and simultaneously reduces the transaction charges to meagre rates. If you still feel the price is high, we can provide custom plans suitable for your transactions. Please call us, and let's help you find a plan that fits your requirement perfectly.

William
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy personal checkwriting, saves me time, space, and hassle!

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

This service saves me a lot of time and energy by keeping things digital. I don't have to go shopping or looking for envelopes or remember where I put stamps. It also keeps a digital record of my payments without any extra work. When payment systems are slow to move over to electronic systems, Online Check Writer bridges an important gap!

Pros

I don't like to do much printing, mailing, or stocking of paper goods like envelopes and stamps. It's so much faster when I receive a bill to put the information into this service than it would be to write things out and go post it myself! I handle a pretty low volume of payments, but this makes them feel way easier when they come around!

Cons

Sometimes it takes a few days longer than I'd hope to get a check sent out. It doesn't take me much active time, but if I'm in a huge rush on a deadline I will write checks out myself because I know it can take a week or two to get them printed, sent, and received otherwise.

Response from Zil Money

Hi William,
Thank you for the positive review. We will check with the mail check team to understand what happened with your mail check order and why it was delayed. There is no reason for it to face any delay. Thank you for the feedback.

Isabel

Simple to use

Reviewed on 2022/08/26

Pros

This product is very simple to use. It saves all contact information for easy and fast check writing. It keeps a log of all checks distributed. Very easy to void checks and to customize your checks.

Cons

The app does not work well when you are in a low service area, past checks and contacts will not show up at all. When it came time to set up a payment account for this product, I would have liked a notification that Online Check Writer was going to start charging, instead of logging on and all of a sudden not being able to print out checks. Other than that hiccup, product works great, I don't mind paying.

Response from Zil Money

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us.

JeanSebastien
  • Industry: Accounting

Amazing software but needs improvement

Reviewed on 2022/12/22

Pretty good. Very glitchy software but I think OCW has a lot of potential so that's why I am sticking with it

Pros

I like the segregation of duties: one person can cut enter data, another approve checks and another print the check. I love the new QBO integration

Cons

Very very glitchy. Sometimes things do not sync with QB

Response from Zil Money

Hello JeanSebastien, Sorry for the inconvenience cost you while using our software. Our developers updated all the glitches. For any assistance you can reach our customer support team, they will help you

Bobby
  • Industry: Insurance

Online Check Writer Review

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

Pros

Ease of Use. The product is portable and can be used on my dual locations.

Cons

Nothing really to be compared with. Not sure if there are features that I'm not taking advantage of.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Bobby,
Thank you for the great review here. Please call us for a demo to understand all our product features; it will benefit you.

William
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Convenient alternative to manual checks

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

Pros

Easy of access and use - really like check mail option

Cons

Some features hard to find at first but customer service is easy to reach and resolved issues quickly

Response from Zil Money

Hi William,
We are delighted and grateful to receive this review from you. You are quick to call us for assistance, and our customer team value that.

Carson
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Why I like Online Check Writer

Reviewed on 2022/07/30

50/50. I love it for the different features it has but don't love it for how expensive it is

Pros

Invoice Processing, How easy it is to get paid.

Cons

How Expensive the Software is, How my account gets locked everytime

Response from Zil Money

Thank you Carson for the review.
We will check your account for the frequent lockout reason. As you are aware, we have multiple plans which can cut your transaction costs by up to 81%. Please give us a call if you need any help in this regard.

Brad
  • Industry: Automotive

Light user

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

Pros

Ease of use when creating checks for payable.

Cons

hard to link bank for ach. Now a charging for email checks

Response from Zil Money

Hi Brad,
Thank you for the review. We do have rigorous verification for bank linking and account approval. As you are aware financial services are a prime target for fraudsters, and we are forced to make detailed verification of every account. We realize genuine customers like you are also affected by the strict screening process. We appreciate that you rated us well for overall quality and ease of use. We are trying to make the platform more secure and user-friendly; that is why we had to increase the price - to invest more into the platform. We offer subscription plans which can cut your transaction costs up to 81%; such plans come with a 100% refund of the subscription costs as refills. Let us know if you would like to reduce transaction costs through such plans.