Pandora FMS

Total monitoring solution for full observability

Chris
  • Industry: Telecommunications

PandoraFMS in a proactive environment

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

I've spent a lot of time working with and discussing our needs for monitoring, functionality and reporting with support and development, we've always been able to add to the software functionality to meet our needs whilst keeping the functionality useful to all. Support and Development have been very keen to discuss needs.

Pros

As our business grew, we took on a number of products to allow us to monitor, report and alert on the devices we supply and manage. over time we have outgrown each. when we looked at PandoraFMS we were impressed that we could deploy many servers in layers with a common central dashboard, making management easy.

We also recognised that 'out of the box' monitoring didn't always meet our needs, in a lot of cases systems monitor many things that are irrelevant to us which ties up resource and storage to collect and keep this data that never gets looked at. PandoraFMS allows us to select the items we want to monitor and keep the data focused to our needs.

Cons

Deployment was very manual, however once we'd gone through setting this up for our needs using plugin server, it allows us to keep adding more and more monitored devices, each the same as the last.

ranu

Very helpful and highly configurable tool

Reviewed on 2023/04/05

The software is very helpful for us and we are really enjoying it. Initially it may feel difficult to understand it but with time people start getting use to it and they start getting friendly with it.

Pros

This to is comes with very high level of configuration and flexibility. Another best part about this tool is usability, we are using it with VMs over cloud, server available with us physically to data center. When it comes to user interface, it is very user friendly and easy to understand. It also has good reporting system, Realtime monitoring and alarming system.

Cons

Getting friendly with this software is bit difficult and deployment requires expert IT team.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS! We're delighted to hear that you find it to be a very helpful and highly configurable tool.

It's great to know that you appreciate the high level of configuration and flexibility it offers. We're also pleased to hear that you find it user-friendly and easy to understand, especially when working with various environments including VMs over the cloud and physical servers in data centers.

The fact that you find the user interface intuitive, along with features like real-time monitoring, alarming system, and a robust reporting system, is fantastic.

We understand that initially, becoming familiar with the software might be a bit challenging, and deployment may require an expert IT team. We appreciate your feedback on this aspect.

We're glad to hear that over time, users become more comfortable and friendly with Pandora FMS. Your patience and dedication to learning the tool are greatly valued.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. If you have any further comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to assist you!

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for Free Trial

Monitoring Software

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Pros

This product seems really thorough. I would definitely want to implement if I had more money to do so.

Cons

It is expensive. You can start off with a trial, but their NMS & Enterprise licenses are in the 1000’s.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Hello and thanks for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS. Maybe you don't know that we have a fully functional OpenSource version. It also has a forum and plenty of documentation so you can do things at your own pace.

Olin

Pandora FM(ye)S Please!!

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

Started with the virtual appliance which made testing the product easy for evaluation. Once the decision was made it was decided to build as per the easy to follow instructions on the website for a CentOS distribution. It has been a solid experience backed with support by Pandora FMS team and the community. Customization was simple with the module library.

Pros

Pandora FMS allows our company to accurately maintain an up to the minute easy to digest visual on inventory and security through out our network for certain industry compliance of workstations and servers. We are a multi OS environment and Pandora FMS fits nicely as it supports all our Operating Systems with provided modules.

Cons

Better support for custom themes would be greatly appreciated. Ability to have a dashboard with all assets displayed with quick hover over status. Think at-a-glance style view of all assets on one page. Would make it easy for Data center admins to get an overall picture.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you Olin for taking the time to do a review!

Kind regards

Aaron

Always evolving and great support !

Reviewed on 2023/01/12

The platform has a great feel to it and I love how they are always looking to improve the platform. I appreciate the evolution of features and how open the company is to listen to suggestions.

Pros

The ability to apply the same modules across multiple agents is extremely helpful. I like the flexibility of using these policies with various methods. I also like the ability to search for items within the platform as you build up the number of agents, it can be easy to get lost in the number of devices you are monitoring.

Cons

For me, where menu items are located don't always make sense. I have to sometimes search for where something is especially if I don't use that feature a lot.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on Pandora FMS.

We're delighted to hear that you find the ability to apply modules across multiple agents and the flexibility of using policies to be extremely helpful. The search functionality is also a valuable feature, especially as the number of monitored devices increases.

We appreciate your comments about the menu items' placement. Your input is important to us, and we'll take this into consideration for future improvements.

It's wonderful to know that you have a positive overall impression of the platform and appreciate the company's commitment to continuous improvement. We're dedicated to evolving our features to better serve our users.

If you have any further comments or suggestions, please feel free to let us know. We're here to assist you!

Angelo
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

If you are an IT administrator, you need it and you know it

Reviewed on 2022/08/20

My experience in general? I couldn't do my job well without this tool. PandoraFMS shows everything, and if you see everything in your networks, you can make improvements and fix problems, even before they arise.

Pros

We started using Pandora FMS with some misgivings. But it turns out that at this very moment and probably for several years to come, it will be an indispensable part of our IT infrastructure. Thanks to PandoraFMS, we discovered that we had no control over our assets and networks. It is well said in some Marketing article "what cannot be measured, cannot be controlled". And it was our case. We did not know where the origin of the network problems was, gigabit networks running at ethernet speed or worse, incredibly high latency. We were able to solve all this thanks to the active and passive monitoring of PandoraFMS.

Cons

I wish it had a magic button to install and configure for the first time.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Hi Angelo, thank you very much for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS.

I have good news, we already have the magic install button! ;)

It is a single line command for RHEL8 or Rocky8 environments.

curl -sL https://pfms.me/deploy-pandora-el8 | sh

Thanks for the compliments and I encourage you to bring suggestions and ideas through our forum, they will always be heard!

Mohit

An excellent monitoring tools for many purposes.

Reviewed on 2023/02/23

It helps me to monitor and analyze the module which is I create. It is very helpful because it is providing all the monitoring services in one application also it helps to monitor my services and gives me regular updates on my module.

Pros

It is a tool that helps you keep track of what's going on. It has features like alerting, IOT monitoring, mainframe monitoring, network monitoring, etc. Furthermore, it also provides consumers and users with cloud and virtualization facilities. It can be controlled remotely. Management of SLA and report becomes easier with Pandora. It can also able to create custom modules for users and help it to monitor also

Cons

There is a major issue with its price. It has compatibility issues with different systems. Sometimes it crashes and is not able to respond to the request of the user. I face issues in integrating with other monitoring features.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you for your feedback on Pandora FMS.

It's great to hear that you value its extensive monitoring capabilities and find it easy to manage SLAs and generate reports. We understand your concerns about pricing and system compatibility.

We apologize for any occasional issues and are working to improve.

If you have further comments, please feel free to let us know. We're here to assist you!

Holly
Holly

Monitoring and control.

Reviewed on 2022/03/01

It has enabled us to monitor the resources used by virtual machines and network equipment, as well as to be aware of any issues.

Pros

It is extremely useful for monitoring software or implementing it in various infrastructures.
It allows me to monitor and control very specific hosts.
It comes with extensive documentation that will teach you how to configure and use it.

Cons

It is complicated to implement but with the help of support we were able to accelerate the process.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Hi Holly, thank you very much for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS.

We will be happy to assist you and listen to your suggestions for improvement through support.

Mathew
Mathew
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

It allows to find and solve problems easily and quickly.

Reviewed on 2022/02/24

It allows us to monitor the company's infrastructure completely and permanently, enabling us to react immediately to any contingency and avoid technological failures in the systems.

Pros

It notifies us if something fails or if data from a dangerous or questionable source is obtained.
The policy feature, which allows us to centralize everything and continuously monitor the data of VMware virtual machines, is very important to us because it improves performance and response time in the event of an outage.

Cons

It has worked very well and there is nothing negative to report so far.

Americo
Americo
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Permanent monitoring of resources.

Reviewed on 2022/03/03

The configuration and interface enable easy monitoring of our systems with great functionality and efficiency, as well as viewing alerts, history, and configuration options.

Pros

It is a highly adaptable, cross-platform solution that can monitor a wide range of systems and networks.
It allows me to be more proactive in my work because I have complete visibility of my critical infrastructure.

Cons

We have had no problems of any kind so far.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thanks Americo for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS !

Hossein
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Companie' IT, technical support, and customers can save a lot of time and money using Pandora...

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

Overall, I recommend using Pandora FMS to colleagues (business owners or employees) who need data analysis and monitoring solutions.

Pros

This tool provides you with business dashboards, reports, graphs, and performance data. It is great for analyzing metrics, and decision-making based on the business data. You can monitor various trends, such as customer experiences, services, and communication. Also, you can save all the data on a cloud and access it whenever you want. It helps the businesses to perform more productively and efficiently. Technical support is always available and easy to reach out to. The free trial is great to learn about the tool features and capabilities.

Cons

I do not have any specific dislike about this tool. The tool is easier to implement on a windows OS, rather than a linux system. They can improve the linux-based version. Also it is hard to integrate the tool with other software.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you for your thorough and positive review of Pandora FMS.

We're delighted to hear that you find Pandora FMS to be a valuable tool for businesses, saving time and money. It's great to know that you appreciate the business dashboards, reports, and performance data it provides, enabling effective decision-making based on business metrics.

We appreciate your feedback on the ease of implementation on different operating systems. We'll take your suggestions into consideration to improve the Linux-based version. We're also working to enhance integration capabilities.

Thank you for recommending Pandora FMS to your colleagues. We're committed to providing effective data analysis and monitoring solutions.

siemen

review

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

The best thing about working with pandora FMS is the amazing support. if there ever is a game breaking bug introduced. or a feature not working as expected the support team is able to make a hot-fix within hours of filing the bug. Most of the time the fix is pushed within 2 hours.

Pros

in comparison with most monitoring software the software is incredibly easy to use. It does 95 % of what we want it to and the remainder is currently waiting on new features which have been added to the road map.

Cons

The software has a tendency to introduce tiny bugs each release. None of them are breaking in any way. but it feels like there is always 1 tiny thing which is not working as expected. most of them are fixed within 1 release which takes about 3 weeks.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you very much Siemen for your review.

Best regards,
Pandora FMS team

akihiro
  • Industry: Computer Networking

A monitoring tool easy to use

Reviewed on 2022/01/27

We are using pandorafms for a long time, our business depends on pandorafms strongly.

Pros

Very flexible to monitor something, it can monitor everything as long as it is number or characters.

Cons

There are some descriptions for old version on manuals.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Hi Akihiro, thank you very much for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS.

We are continuously working on improving Pandora FMS documentation, and soon we will review all the screenshots (more than a thousand!).

Felipe
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great technology for cloud monitoring, etc.

Reviewed on 2023/04/20

Pros

The platform offers a variety of features and it’s very complete. I used it for a limited time and found it very convenient and not so hard to use after some time. Good options for cloud monitoring, network monitoring, etc.

Cons

May be somewhat expensive for some users. Since it has plenty of features it’s a little confusing at first glance but one can learn quickly.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS! We're pleased to hear that you found our platform to be feature-rich and comprehensive. It's great to know that you found it convenient to use, especially after some initial familiarization.

We're glad to hear that you found it to be a good option for various types of monitoring including cloud and network monitoring.

Regarding your feedback on pricing, we understand that cost can be a consideration for some users. We're always working to provide value for our customers, and your input is important in that regard.

Your point about the initial learning curve is valid, and we appreciate your patience. We strive to make our platform as intuitive as possible, and feedback like yours helps us in that process.

Julie
Julie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

It allows us to maintain an efficient control of our systems.

Reviewed on 2022/03/05

It is a flexible tool that helps to maintain tight control and react quickly to contingencies and technical problems.

Pros

It is a highly adaptable and multiplatform solution that allows us to monitor our systems. Pandora always keeps you in control of what you need by processing responses to generate alerts and notifications without sacrificing web console functionality.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about this tool.

Ondřej
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Be in control of your servers uptime

Reviewed on 2022/03/19

Pros

Basically just how easy is to register a free trial and monitor our servers and and our internal shop system. Since we operate in many countries and we want to provide a 100% reliability for our clients, monitoring servers and their usage, errors etc. is really important, having all the data and statistics at one place is a must have, which Pandora FMS provides very well. Create custom reports or configure as many alerts as you want so you know your bussines is working!

Cons

You can get easilly lost in the administration since there are so many things in menu and options it can be tricky sometimes

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Hello, thank you very much for sharing your experience with Pandora FMS.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Pandora is Next Business Building

Reviewed on 2023/02/16

Experience with pandora is osm with communication between teams understanding business issues, finding and providing best solutions, usefulness of tools and provides full guidance on that

Pros

Pandora is most likable software ever because they provide all business problems solutions. I like most useful tool cqll cloud and visualization.

Cons

There is not dislike or unlikely use able software. Pandora provides every solution for problems with all time customer support.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Pandora FMS.

It's fantastic to hear that you find Pandora to be an extremely likable software due to its comprehensive solutions for business problems. The cloud and visualization tools are particularly appreciated.

We're thrilled to learn that you have not encountered any issues with the software and that Pandora provides solutions for problems along with consistent customer support.

We're honored that you recommended Pandora FMS based on its comprehensive facilities and strong customer support. Providing excellent service is a top priority for us!

Roshish
Roshish

One of the most reliable monitoring system

Reviewed on 2023/10/17

Pros

It offers extensive monitoring capabilities. I can track various metrics, including server performance, network health, and even user experience, all in one platform. This has help me ensure all my mobile apps are performing optimally. The ability to tailor monitoring according to specific app requirements is a huge plus. I can create custom alerts and notifications that are essential for addressing issues promptly.

Cons

While it is generally user-friendly, it can take a bit of time to fully grasp the huge number of features and capabilities. This initial learning curve can be a bit of a drawback. Also, I would love to have seamless integration for mobile app performance monitoring. While it's possible, it could be more straightforward.

Nico

Pandora FMS promising solution to replace decades of diverse mix of legacy solutions.

Reviewed on 2022/02/15

We have in our day to day work responsibility for Local, National and International installations.
F...

For decades we made our own solutions, tested most well known third party solutions.
But still we have not found the total solution to replace all we have in use up to now.
FMS looks promising, but we have not succeeded to make it our ultimate resolution.

Pros

GUI based application to replace legacy solutions, in order to be more productive.

Cons

We tried to setup and test without help, this appears to be a hard road to go.
Guidelines and examples to this stage would be very welcome.
This is the major reason we are still not using FMS in poduction.

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Dear Nico, We appreciate your comments. We have an excellent support team that can help you with whatever you need, we also offer professional services and it is worth mentioning that Pandora FMS has one of the most comprehensive and complete documentation of the IT monitoring industry, here is the link https://pandorafms.com/en/documentation/
Do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help.
Regards.

Tiziana

Highly recommendable monitoring solution

Reviewed on 2016/05/18

I just recently discovered Pandora FMS a few years back and am surprised how far its come along in terms of development and integrations. In its latest version we can see how its ease of use and general development have been improved upon largely. It's always been about pure flexibility and customisation, and it just keeps growing in that aspect. You're never going to have to see information about your infrastructure that you consider you don't need. As an IT consultant for medium and large businesses I always recommend it as a less costly alternative to Zabbix or Nagios, since it provides the same features and more at a much lesser price.
Apart from this, I'm very glad to have had the chance to be in touch with the team behind this software and now that they are very willing to help make a company's work as easy as possible with their product. Apart from that, their general customer service is very efficient and has a very special way with customers which always proves to be helpful.

Jorge
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Pandora FMS

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Pros

What I liked most about this software was that I can motorize all kinds of elements. What is better is that only with one tool you can do all kinds of things: as a network motorization, service-oriented motorization, application motorization and many other things, but for me the best are those three.

Cons

At the moment nothing bad has come up because what I have been using has not given me problems so I am satisfied

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you very much Jorge for your review.

Best regards,
Pandora FMS team

Meenakshi
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Useful

Reviewed on 2023/02/09

Pros

Best tool in his category, even beter than comercial software

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear that you find Pandora FMS to be the best tool in its category, surpassing even commercial software.

If you have any specific comments or suggestions, feel free to share. We're here to assist you!

Javier

Pandora FMS made my day

Reviewed on 2016/05/11

I was looking for a monitoring solution to monitor more than 50 databases (different brands such as Mysql and Oracle), after a while I found a complete solution to add to the same dashboard every single application (CRM, Ticketing System, ...) of the infrastructure along with key performance indicator like RAM, CPU, Disk memory, bandwidth, etc

It took me one day to handle the product and start adding other components to the monitoring dashboard.

Quite flexible and easy to adapt.

Cons: I miss some templates by default to start monitoring as soon as possible

Nicholas
Nicholas
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Good Dashboard

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Dashboards for monitoring issues are really reliable assuming you have them set up correctly

Pros

I like that it is open source and thus anyone using it can improve the software

Cons

The monitoring services within can be a bit non-user friendly

Response from ARTICA PFMS

Thank you Nicholas for your review.

Maria Gabriela
Maria Gabriela

Pandora’s free version is amazing

Reviewed on 2022/02/06

Pros

I love that even we are only trying this software and using the free version it works really well. It has saved time to our collaborators and made our job easier and better.

Cons

Definitely worth trying the full version. We are going to buy it to be able to use it all.