Divi

4,8 (1 077)
Website and online content building tool for WordPress user

(1 077)

Stacey
Stacey
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Transforming Ideas into Reality: Unleashing the Power of Elegant Themes Divi

Reviewed on 2023/05/16

Design, Development, Ecom, Content Publication, Affiliate, SEO

Design, Development, Ecom, Content Publication, Affiliate, SEO

Pros

Since the early 2000s, I have been a loyal user of Elegant Themes (Divi), and I can't help but appreciate their unwavering commitment to seamless UI integration, top-notch design, and responsive frameworks. Their customer support is nothing short of exceptional, setting a global standard. Having them as part of my team brings me immense satisfaction and joy.

Cons

I'm truly at a loss on this one, as I am genuinely amazed by their dedication because they consistently exceed expectations, even in areas that might not be considered their direct responsibility, such as handling hosting errors. Their commitment to going above and beyond is truly exceptional.

Reasons for Switching to Divi

Their designs have always brought me back ... plus they integrate with anyone so if I need something off their radar ... i know it will still work
Sydney

Divi definitely delivers

Reviewed on 2023/06/21

My business focuses on making websites that my clients can access and make their own changes in. I want to empower them to whatever degree they want to learn. Divi has been the best tool for this out of any other page builders I've tried.My clients used to just be frustrated when I tried to teach them how to do small changes in other environments. And certainly, most clients aren't up to doing EVERYTHING in Divi. But they really love being able to make some changes themselves without having to rely on me for each little thing.

Pros

Overall, I really dig the Divi theme and page builder. It has nearly every feature you can imagine. It's also pretty intuitive, especially compared to other builders I've used.If you need to do something that's not built in, every module has a custom CSS area. Divi's parent company, Elegant Themes, offers loads of tutorials as well. And if you still can't make it work, the Divi support team is really helpful and can nearly always help you find a way to achieve what you are trying to do. Seriously, their support is one of the best I've encountered in the I/T industry.There are also lots of loyal Divi users out there. So if you can't find the documentation you're looking for on the Divi site, there are a ton of resources out there created by Divi users and experts.

Cons

As with any software, there are a few things that present problems.When adding CSS in the main Custom CSS area, the page won't always stay focused where I am typing and jumps to a higher place in the CSS code.Elegant Themes makes a theme called Extra, which includes the Divi Builder. Extra is specifically geared toward online magazines, newspapers, and the like. But, they aren't well integrated. You can use Extra's Category Builder (which is how you make the pages that showcase your articles) or you can use the Divi builder. It's tough to use them together.

Reasons for Choosing Divi

I was looking for something my clients could more easily engage with, but that would still have all the features they desired.

Drupal, JoomlaLMS and WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Divi

They had good documentation and it seemed like it would be able to make sites with all the features my clients usually wanted.
Desmon

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Thrills [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Rocks It

Reviewed on 2021/06/02

If it weren't for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and R[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].
I probably would have...

If it weren't for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and R[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].
I probably would have given up and moved on to a different site builder. Divi should hire more folks like these two. The rest of the agents I've had have only really seemed interested in telling me to go read a faq. After this is done, and the issue isn't resolved they stall for two hours and log off. Again, thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and R[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for being different.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Thrills
I think this might start turning into a review of individual folks I work with. Shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. These two agents have been the support folks who seem to go the extra mile.

I completely left a conversation frustrated once again after two hours of being put on hold repeatedly without any resolution. (I won't say that agent's name, but a terrible experience, unfortunately).

Enter [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was in stark contrast to the service rep I had received before. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was not only able to help resolve the issue but teach me a few things that will potentially save me a query in the future. Thanks so much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!! Also, thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

Divi's support minus [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is terrible. I can't tell you how many agents I've talked to at this point who stall me for 2 hours and then log-off to hand me off to somebody else. I had a person today tell me he couldn't access my site (40 minutes wasted). The next agent got in no problem. I think Divi really has got to vet folks and see if they are able to really provide solutions in real-time. The problem is, Divi itself isn't very intuitive; there are very easy things that can be missed or overlooked because it is not a conventional website builder. Sure, you can circumvent certain things by using CSS, but if I were amazing at code I'd have no reason to even use a builder in the first place. I get there's volume and I'm not the only person that needs help, but signing off without saying anything and repeatedly sending me to look at FAQs that don't apply to certain issues isn't helpful.

I think Divi could benefit from having a builder that doesn't hide everything behind drop-down menus that don't always make a ton of sense. I've gotten better because of the agents who have taken the time to really break things down and empowered me to fix things alongside providing instructions, and even videos that I can go back and reference when I need a refresher (agents like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). I think Divi needs to make agents like these two the gold standard.

Reasons for Choosing Divi

I wanted to start using WordPress because it seemed like there were more customization options.

Weebly

Reasons for Switching to Divi

The lifetime purchase really sold me.
Steve
  • Industry: Design

A great web builder for designers.

Reviewed on 2024/01/14

Overall, Divi allows me to create well designed websites which I wouldn't be able to do otherwise. I'm not a coder, I'm a designer, and Divi allows me to design without writing code.

Pros

Divi allows me to create beautiful web sites with minimal coding (almost none). It has a lot of flexibility. And when I get stuck, there is a very quick and knowledgeable support team that responds quickly and can show me what needs to be done to achieve my design/function goal.

Cons

There are times when something in the software malfunctions or "gets stuck". I Google it, and usually find the solution. 2. When working on the front end, the window I see during the editing isn't always what you get when you exit the builder. This is especially true when working on mobile. Looks great on the screen in the mobile window, but when I see it on an actual phone, it's not correct. I admit that it seems to be better in recent months.

Sabrina
  • Industry: Design

I love Divi and do recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed on 2023/09/14

I use Divi for my own website but also for my clients and never had any issues compared to other builders. The only thing I had problems with in the past was the contact form but I think that has been fixed already.

Pros

I absolutly love that the customer support always finds a very quick solution for my problems and Divi is really easy to learn and make quick fixes.

Cons

sometimes I have issues that it runs a bit slower but still could also be on my hoster so I am not sure.

Reasons for Switching to Divi

The Price and also it was recommended of a developer friend of mine.
Herman
  • Industry: Design

For WordPress website the best visual builder

Reviewed on 2023/06/08

All my websites are build with Divi, from 2017 till today.

All my websites are build with Divi, from 2017 till today.

Pros

- Visual Builder- Divi Could to same all your settings- Changing a page is easy

Cons

- Speed could be better. It is improved lately, but could be better still.

Liz

Divi is the Best Website Editor

Reviewed on 2023/10/27

Love it, it's honestly my favorite website builder

Love it, it's honestly my favorite website builder

Pros

Easy to use, fast real time and the visual builder allows me to see my changes as I'm doing them

Cons

Wish they would compress uploaded images so the website load time would be faster

Victoria

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2023/07/12

I have been using Divi for about 5 years now. I am not sure how I came across it. I love its ease of use. No coding makes it a breeze for an entrepreneur to update their website. For instance, I can easily add a new teacher page to my website without paying someone to do it.

Pros

What I love about Divi is the fact that I can easily make changes to my website.

Cons

There is nothing that I really don't like about Divi. When I do have a problem the support is amazing.

Wix

Reasons for Choosing Divi

Joomla was too complicated for a "non-code" person.

Joomla

Reasons for Switching to Divi

Loved the support and tutorials that were available.
Nicole

By Far the BEST Theme & Builder available

Reviewed on 2023/11/13

Pros

I love DIVI's ease of use and their amazing customer support. They are second to none and I have have used Elementor and Ultra and I speak from exeperience when I say that DIVI is GREAT!!

Cons

I like everything about DIVI - There is nothing that I don't particularly like.

Reasons for Switching to Divi

The high ratings drew me in initially and then I chose DIVI overall because of fantastic customer service and ease of use.
Carlos

Very good tool, but even better customer service

Reviewed on 2023/07/20

Pros

Its lifetime pack and customer service. It is a premium tool that you can use for many websites. Their customer service just go above and beyond your expectations. There hasn't be one time where I didn't get my problem solved. 10/10

Cons

Sometimes it can get a bit on the heavy side when loading a page.

Reasons for Switching to Divi

At first, because of the lifetime pack with unlimited websites.

DIVI Builder by Elegant Themes is a Powerful Web Development Tool

Reviewed on 2021/04/07

I really love and am very dedicated to using Divi Theme and other Elegant Themes products. I have invested a lot of money in child themes, layouts, plugins, etc that are supported and make it a very complete product. My primary concern again is speed. This is a growing concern that I hope they address as Google SEO becomes more reliant on site speed.

Pros

I would describe my primary skills as a creative designer first, web developer second. I have found that Divi Theme and Divi Builder have been the easiest to implement with some of the best developer features on the market. Their pricing is extremely affordable for what you are investing and the 3rd party support for the product is pretty amazing. They also have tons of thorough how-to videos and support documentation so you can usually figure out how to do what you need to.

Cons

Speed, speed, speed. Divi definitely does not offer a fast loading site unless you have perfect hosting conditions and have studied site speed optimization using trial and error to figure out what works best. There are also some features missing that I commonly need on website builds but I have to implore a 3rd party plugin or special CSS code to implement. So when Elegant themes is working on fancy bells and whistles that typically slow the builder down, it's frustrating that some more commonly used tools require special workarounds.

Wix and Elementor

Reasons for Choosing Divi

Wix is a decent product for beginners but gets pricey if you need more advance features but the primary reason I switched is because it is difficult to resell the Wix product to your client and you have little control over site speed and SEO outcome.

Wix

Reasons for Switching to Divi

Ease of implementation and use are the primary draw to Divi Theme.
Bruno

DIVI : The right tools, at the right time

Reviewed on 2021/06/17

I had DIVI purchased before I was hired at the company because they announced that we would be climbing a mountain of activity.

Today, I can confirm that DIVI is the ideal tool you need to carry inside your digital backpack if you're going to take on your next Web adventure.

Yes many things, it doesn't do them, there is no ready-made food, but I can confirm that there is a worldwide technical support staff that is ready to support you at any time of the day or night!

If you have to go on an adventure, start with DIVI then by virtue of any other needs you will make your assessments.

If you are a Lazy. If you're not a programmer and you're lazy, don't buy this product because it's like a beautiful woman:
"You have to get to know her and make sure she'll follow you on your adventures."

DIVI is the tool that will allow the world to see how good you are at dealing with Web technology.

before deciding to buy or not DIVI, ask yourself how you want the World Wide Web to see you.

Pros

It scared me at first. I am not a programmer and so I had serious difficulty figuring out which end of the DIVI ball was up.
Thanks to video tutorials and posts from DIVI itself, I was able to untangle Sections, Menus, Modules and lines of code.
The thing that I have particularly appreciated is the quality of the World Team that is present at any time of day or night.

Cons

Guys, I won't hide the fact that you should simplify the parameters section.

No matter how much goodwill one puts into it, sometimes the configuration menus are only understood by the person who made it.

I know the programmers well.
They don't see beyond their noses.
But if someone comes from outside and tells them that beyond their nose there are millions of customers who can't work with that little gem of his, then the intelligent programmer questions himself and changes the dress of his creature

So my dear programmers, make the configuration panels so simple that even a child can understand them.

Reasons for Switching to Divi

In these years of use I have discovered that basic functions in DIVI had not been contemplated, and even the support staff found it difficult to fulfill these requests many times because the platform did not provide what I was asking for. Other solutions instead presented that functionality. For my future projects, I think I'm not going to start with DIVI, but with ELEMENTOR, because I don't want to spend weeks interacting with DIVI's support staff in order to patch basic functions that should be native in DIVI. Although I write this, I do not mean to say that DIVI is not a good product. Every product may be good for one project and not for another. You just have to recognize it and adjust accordingly
Srini

7 Years of Beautiful Journey with Divi

Reviewed on 2021/08/29

7 Years of Lovely Journey with Divi.

7 Years of Lovely Journey with Divi.

Pros

I am Not a Coder and was not sure what Page Builders to use. Google Search led me to Divi and I looked at YouTube Videos of Divi and thought of using it. Initially I was not a Licensed Buyer, but once i got a knack of it, i felt I need to invest on this and went ahead.

The Only challene sometime I face is this.

When I am using a Divi Row and any Module within that row. Sometimes the settings of the rows and the Module overlap with each other which is annoying. So If I am trying to reach for a Row setting I hit a column and vice versa. Divi Please fix this one small issue.

Cons

Mentioned above. One small minor issue, but I am hoping that Divi will fix it.

Reasons for Switching to Divi

1. Lifetime Deal sounded a great Opportunity 2. Community of Experts who can help me. 3. Support Turnover time is Phenomenal (You guys dont sleep or what?) I always get it within an hour or two and sometimes much faster than that too. 4. Templates and Plethora of Integrations 5. WooCommerce Support and the list goes on. It will be way too big in my compilation.
Erik

Always There!

Reviewed on 2022/01/16

I love that Divi is constantly updating and growing. I've been using Divi since 2016 and they have managed to not only make it work the same but do so much more. The level of options in fine tuning designs now over what was available then is mind-blowing to me. They just don't stop adding to it. And their support is always there.

Pros

Most theme builders I've used are bulky, boxy. Divi, let's you build on the front end allowing you to see the changes in real time. It's just a very smooth process. You can use the Divi Theme to create just about anything you want without the need for other plugins. It doesn't completely eliminate the need for them. But, unless you're building a store. You can build a very elaborate site using only the builder.

Cons

It's really hard to name any cons that aren't nitpicking. I guess the main thing is in their theme templates. There are plenty to use. I often load a template as starting point and then just customize it from there. However, I would love to some over the top templates with more motion. Divi is capable of so much and it would be great to some templates design that have more of a 'wow' factor. The have created templates for almost any business model from profession to quirky. But I feel they need more quirky fun and 'wow' type themes. That being said, Divi is so popular you can find third party templates and plugins that are just as top notch.

Reasons for Switching to Divi

I chose DIvi because it just worked the best with the way I like to build. And, their support has grown. I've had all kinds of issues over the years. Most of them have been due to my lack knowledge on some things. I can leave a chat message with support and someone will get back to me usually with in a few hours. Sometimes it's the next day. 90% of the time it's something I've overlooked and the issue has been resolved quickly. There's just this feeling of knowing that if I can't figure it out, I can ask them and they are always there to help me. It's like having a design specialists at your fingertips. Because having a second pair eyes is so important. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the community. So many helpful people, plugin developers and more. There just so much help out there. You're never alone.
David

Best website builder and superb Support

Reviewed on 2022/06/06

I started building websites in 2020. At first, I tried custom themes, but they were very expensive (you need to hire a developer, and you depend on him for the whole project). Then, I used 2 other famous builders to try different options. I've migrated all these websites to Divi or I'm in the process of migrating them to Divi. I have large multinational websites built with Divi, and large e-commerce stores too. For more complex websites you'll need to buy some extras from the Marketplace (which is great, and it really has everything you need for big projects) or to hire a developer, but the underlying technology under everything is Divi for sure. For personal blogs, travel blogs, or small e-commerce websites, the basic subscription is more than enough. And the Support team, what can I say? They are amazing. I have only words of appreciation for them. This review is just a way to recognize their help and effort.

Pros

I love the ability to save a page, section, or layout, export it and use it all over the website, or export it to other websites and save A LOT of time. The builder is extremely intuitive, and there are a lot of online videos that help you in every situation. I just can't be more thankful to Divi, they are the core of my business.

Cons

Mega menus are very difficult to achieve in Divi.

Reasons for Choosing Divi

Elementor has very bad optimization scores, and Divi lets you work faster and save time. Avada is just too complex, and it's very bad for optimization.

Reasons for Switching to Divi

It lets you save a lot of time when building websites, and it's so much easier to use. You can create very professional websites with Divi, for big companies or big e-commerce stores, with better optimization scores than other builders.
Karolina
  • Industry: Graphic Design

A note from a graphic designer

Reviewed on 2022/12/22

I can easily offer design AND implementation with little to no programming / developing knowledge. I learned some CSS tricks and that seems to be more than enough. It is fast and allows my clients to work on their websites by themselves when small changes are needed. That gives me so much more freedom.

Pros

Easy to use for a graphic designer, visual builder is great, maybe sometimes a little bit slow and refreshing during my work. Presets and styles are awesome. I had to spend a little bit of time to really implement it correctly, but once done, it smoothes work immensely. It's great when you have cohesive website layouts and then presets can function as classes. Nice. I love DIVI library and Theme builder - it allows me to do really incredible things with some additional code.

Cons

I would greatly appreciate even more native functions that would allow me to resign from additional plugins. It's always painful for the website's speed. Also, I would love to see a little bit more customization in the menu module. A timer for evergreen products - oh, that would be a good one. And of course... the blog. More blog layouts would be a dream, as I can see that clients are slowly getting tired of social media and want to create content for their websites. Also I'm looking forward to see the possibility of defining one's own breakpoints or even adding more breakpoints to the design. As of now, we have three possible breakpoints, but with a very wide range of screen dimensions it would be nice to have a bigger screen included (1920 px +) and for sure - tablet horizontal view and small screens in general. It is always painful to customize menu, images, fonts to fit this area somewhere between 1200 px and 980 px. I still have some issues when customizing WooCommerce with DIVI. Some things still need to be coded manually.Since I purchased WP rocket, it's easy to speed up DIVI, but it would be great to speed it up just a little more.

Reasons for Choosing Divi

I was limited by the themes' options and couldn't implement my own designs. The only option was to code the whole layout manually. Not my favourite option :D

Reasons for Switching to Divi

Somebody recommended DIVI, it seemed very OK, so I didn't dwell on it ;)
Geoffrey
  • Industry: Entertainment

Why Divi Is the Best Page Builder for RolePlaying Gamers

Reviewed on 2022/09/29

I've been developing a dream website for the RolePlaying Gamers (RPG) world, and my web developer is a master at Divi. Since I've been using Divi, I'm blown away at the power of it, as it's far more powerful than what I've seen (as I use Elementor in my WordPress Integrations on my other website).

Pros

If you're looking for a great page builder perfect for roleplaying gamers, look no further than Divi. Divi is a powerful tool that makes creating beautiful websites easy. With Divi, you can create custom layouts, add animations and effects, and much more. Divi integrates with WordPress perfectly, making it the perfect choice for any gamer looking to create a website. So if you're looking to create the perfect website for your roleplaying games, then be sure to use Divi. You won't be disappointed.

Cons

Divi is extremely powerful, and the learning curve to understand it, can be a bit daunting. There are plenty of YouTube videos on the subject matter, and you need to dedicate time to learning how to properly use Divi, as it's like nothing else out there (trust me).

Deb

Divi makes my life as a freelance website designer/developer so much easier

Reviewed on 2022/08/16

I really enjoy working with Divi. The theme builder helped me create custom site templates for three non-profits. I was new to WordPress and a developer friend suggested it and I'm glad he did. I still have much to learn but I am very pleased with it. I'm actually considering building websites for paying clients. Up until now I have been doing the work as a volunteer.

Pros

I like the Divi Theme Builder the most. It allows me to create targeted themes for people and businesses looking to have a presence on the internet. I am a novice when it comes to development but know enough about html and CSS that I can make modifications when necessary. The documentation is good and the support agents have always helped me when I hit a snag.

Cons

I would love to see a reference that identifies all the CSS classes and ids. There may be one already but I haven't found it yet.

Reasons for Switching to Divi

I love the price and especially the lifetime membership option. Ease of use came in a close second.
Tony
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Divi for 10 years now, and still loving it!

Reviewed on 2021/05/20

Divi is amazing, and helps me get wayyy more done than every other platform I've tried (and I've tried them all.)

Pros

Well, sheesh, where to start!

Basically everything is a pro about Divi, and with a bazillion different plugins and such you can do stuff with Divi that other webdesigners can only dream of. I've been using Divi for over 10 years, and I've never regretted buying that lifetime license. It's so easy to use, and probably the best part is the support - when you need help you can literally live chat with the support team, and they'll actually help fix stuff on your site! This has been a lifesaver more times than I can count. In fact, the reason I'm here writing this is I just got off a chat with support where they fixed a problem in less than an hour that I had been stuck on for two weeks. Anyways, you get the idea. They are so helpful, and the product is so good, affordable, and modern. What else is there to say?

Cons

None, really. Except that it takes them awhile to implement new features from when they are requested. But seriously, nobody is fast with implementing extra/new requested features, so, that's no surprise.

Gil

Divi is the best builder of the bunch, and nearly perfect

Reviewed on 2021/10/20

Divi basically makes it possible for me to design Web sites that my clients love, in spite of the fact that I am barely an average designer and barely an average coder, but I am able to leverage what Divi makes possible. I have created well over 20 Divi sites, and am in the middle of two more as I write this.

Pros

Divi is amazingly elegant and fluid when it comes to building sites, I feel it is the closest builder to the way Adobe InDesign functions. If you are a classically-trained designer, you will love Divi because there is great attention paid to typography and using global stying.

Cons

The one thing I have issues with is that the theme sometimes has performance issues on the back end, as it is pretty demanding of resources. Used with standard shared hosting like GoDaddy, you can use caching to make your sites fast on the front end, and Divi has recently added some performance improvements that definitely make a difference, but I have noticed that unless you have a fairly substantial hosting account, the builder is sometimes laggy. I have seen a HUGE difference in performance on the back end when using Cloudways, so I really think most of this is host-related.

Hannah
  • Industry: Information Services

A great investment

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

It simplifies things so much when I'm only using one theme, and that it's not hard-coded but provides flexible design capabilities. I don't have to go on a search for a new theme every time I get a new website assignment, I can just consult with my client on what they desire and jump right into building it. No two of my sites are alike, yet many began with the cloning of an existing site, then customizing it to my client's specifications and needs.Like all visual builders, Divi might take a little while to get comfortable with for a first-time user, but between the great documentation, the ease of use built into the theme, and top notch tech support, it won't take long before you're fluent with the tools and building gorgeous websites to your heart's delight.Every time I think things have gotten a little stale with the back end, Elegant Themes comes up with a great feature that's also helpful and time-saving. For instance, the Divi support Center - LOVE that we can access support from the theme admin of any particular site, that the controls to allow remote access to support reps are right there, and that one can activate safe mode to see if an issue is resolved by deactivating all the plugins without having to disable them for all other viewers. Brilliant. Just one of the many fantastic improvements the Divi team has introduced over the years that keep making this theme a better investment and a better choice than all the other comparable theme builders.

Pros

I started using Divi when it was first released. As a busy web designer, it greatly reduced the amount of time and effort it took to create a beautiful custom website for my clients and it was a huge improvement over the other themes Elegant Themes offered at the time. It wasn't long before I invested in a lifetime membership, which has paid for itself over and over again. I also recommend upgrading to VIP support, which I did as soon as it became available. For a busy web professional, getting support in the most timely manner possible is a huge benefit and has saved me a lot of time already.

Cons

I really can't think of anything I dislike about Divi at this stage. The development team seems to have thought of everything when it comes to making a website easily and effectively, with tons of options that even I don't use, but I know there are many out there who do and who might want to. Every time I start wondering if a particular function could be improved, an update comes out and the team has addressed it. The one thing I've seen in other themes that I wish Divi also offered is the ability to add a featured video (playable in place) where one would normally see only an image. This would be great for any site, but I also believe it would increase the conversion rate of an ecommerce site.

Andrew

Elegant Themes: Divi

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

Our workflow has definitely improved since employing the Divi theme. All our users are now on the same Elegant Themed layouts which has and is proving to be very positive. Support teams we must also state are ecelelnt and always respond very quickly, if not instantly in our experience. To be perfectly honest, moving onto Divi was the best decision we have made, won't be moving away from the theme or company.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, json feature, variety of relevant plugins, value for money, and the support is second to none in our experiences with the teams, first class and the Divi builder is very user friendly and have to say as an aside... visually pleasing!

Cons

Elegant Themes are constantly improving it's services and products, which is much appreciated in order to improve and keep up with - if not ahead of technical developments and trends - which is important.

The very BEST way to build WP Websites

Reviewed on 2021/10/13

We build all our client websites with Divi. I think that says it all. I love the ecosystem that's been built around Divi. It does need it for the added capabilities and power. There's nothing else out there like Divi, although they do have a couple good competitors. Thanks to their latest updates, their lead has been re-astablished in my opinion.

Pros

- Very easy to build super exciting websites
- Tons of free templates available
- Tons of paid/premium templates available
- Tons of tutorials available
- Tons of (premium) plugins available that are designed specifically for Divi
- Incredibly cheap thanks to the unlimited lifetime deal

Cons

It's very difficult to fully optimise Divi websites so they are very fast. This has been improved a lot recently, but it's still a challenge for sure. Even with all the knowledge and experience that we have.

Their support is pretty good as they often respond within a few hours and once the conversation is going, sometimes the response is within a couple of minutes to 30 minutes etc. - depending on what they have to do in between. However their support staff can become VERY, VERY, VERY, VERRRRRYYYY annoying and even arrogant at times.

I have experienced many times that I explained an issue super detailed and clearly, but they simply do not read what I said and they give me a solution that has nothing to do with me or is otherwise not sufficient.

Lastly, some updates and bug fixes really take too long. They should give more attention to this as well as some of their coding quality is not good enough.

Michael
  • Industry: Publishing

Outstanding, solid gold 24/7 support!

Reviewed on 2021/01/01

Frankly, unbelievable. I still cannot believe the level of support that they provide. Maybe that's why they are so popular. I've already recommended Divi to numerous people.
Just one caveat - whatever software you use, make sure that you use a high quality hosting company to whom you can pick up the phone and ask for help with hosting issues when you need to. I use https://www.freethought.uk/ another company that provides outstanding support 24/7.

Pros

Divi's greatest 'feature' is the absolutely phenomenal support they provide. Questions are usually answered within the hour, frequently by return or in a few minutes and very occasionally overnight.
They are the most helpful and friendly bunch of people you could hope to have supporting you.
Starting from scratch, learning WordPress and Divi, the curve is challenging but with perseverance and Divi support you get there! What's more, there is a huge installed base and a vast number of 'how to' videos to help you understand how things work.

Cons

There are no real 'cons' to this software in my opinion. There are parts that are complex but you gradually get your head around it and it all falls into place.
Sure its difficult at times and if you're not into CSS (which I am most definitely not) it can be frustrating, but the frustration is ALWAYS relieved by a quick message to support and a few minutes later (usually) back comes an answer.
Whenever it appeared that Divi was unable to achieve a particular result, someone in support would write me a special piece of code and tell me where it should be inserted. Bingo - I got the result I wanted!

John
  • Industry: Photography

Divi Really Rocks Web Design

Reviewed on 2022/04/21

I've been using Divi for over five years now. I have a lifetime subscription and use Divi on all of my websites and the websites of my clients and other associates I work with. I also like that a Divi subscription allows me to use Divi with my clients and the other websites I manage without additional "per site" types of licensing - they make it very easy for someone like me to incorporate Divi into all of my production systems.

Pros

Divi is a pretty full-featured web design and website builder. When I first started using Divi five years ago, some of the modules I needed were either insufficient or missing from Divi. Divi has always had a cadre of third-party developers in the mix that have been able to fill those missing gaps. Speed and performance also used to be significant trade-offs but Divi has made substantial improvements on that front and partnered several hosting companies that I now use. I like what Divi does, I like how Divi works, and the customer support from Divi is amazing.

Cons

Recognizing that everyone wants what they want in a product/service. I think Divi has done well with the new features they've added and the enhancements they've made. A key limitation I still see is being able to put together sophisticated landing pages where you want to overlay one or more other images over a full-screen background and place the logos where you want them.