Malwarebytes for Business Reviews

Malwarebytes for Business

4,7 (2 397)
Complete cybersecurity software for businesses

(2 397)

Victor
Victor

Malwarebytes - The antivirus that we truly need

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

I have been using Malwarebytes for almost a decade. Since then, i have had no negative reviews for this wonderful tool.
Since its first installation on one of my personal computers, i was able to realize the real benefits of this software, its highly sharp detection allowed me to get rid of threats that were not detected by other antiviruses considered as the best sellers on the market.
For this reason, i did not hesitate to acquire the Malwarebytes premium license, which I have had since 2012. In this long journey with the software, i was able to realize all its capacity, its rapid detection and efficiency, in addition to the excellent blog and "malwarepedia" that is maintained in name of the company that manages the software, explaining the behavior of all types of known viruses and how they affect computers, thus helping to prevent machine infection.
Its protection against any threat found on the internet is wonderful, together with its quick scan to detect any contaminated files that are connected to your machine, make Malwarebytes my number one tool to solve any problem related to scam attempts and fraud on the Internet.
It is with great pleasure that I will continue to renew my license for this incredible software, which surprises me more and more with its capabilities and its assistance.

Pros

1 - Friendly interface.
2 - Extremely easy to use.
3 - Detects the most known types of malware found in everyday life, and other less known ones.
4 - Free version with several features.
5 - Different tools for different types of threats.
6 - One of the most reliable and trustworthy antivirus that i've ever used in my life.
7 - Very efficient threat detection.

Cons

1 - After the expiration of the premium version, the free version have fewer scans and lesser threats detections.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

In comparison with Malwarebytes, the program had many flaws and was totally lacking, with the new antivirus (Malwarebytes), I feel totally protected.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Faster detection, cheaper plans, more efficient and with a much more friendly interface.
Eugenio
Eugenio

Malwarebytes for Business REVIEW

Reviewed on 2022/02/24

Exceptional protection for enterprise networks and devices that must be managed.

Pros

Without a doubt this VENDOR is the market leader in endpoint protection solutions, you have to compare it with vendors of antivirus solutions and they are really different segments and functionalities. Whoever uses their technology can be sure that they are protected with the best EPP protection of its kind.

Cons

There is not yet full support for Android and iOS (mobile devices).

SentinelOne

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

Efficiency in protection against advanced cyber threats.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Proven reputation and efficiency in cyber protection capabilities.
Peter
Peter
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Anti-virus that complements other softwares

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Positive and would recommend to those looking to invest in a robust and proven anti-virus software package.

Pros

If you’re looking for an anti-virus that can be installed alongside other anti-virus programmes Malwarebytes will allow this.

From using the free trial I decided to continue with the paid version which speaks for itself. A relatively easy to use platform allows for quick or more in depth sweeps of your system to be performed. Whilst the homepage might seem somewhat cluttered, like anything, with use you’ll quickly be navigating around the software as if it was second nature.

The initial sweep performed was very quick, and seemed to pick up a couple of items which were quickly contained. It did however flag a couple of legitimate software pacakages which it deemed as potentially unwanted software. This seemed like quite an aggresive sweep, but ultimately I was happy with the results.

The one point to note, unlike some other anti-virus packages, Malwarebytes is relatively light to install and will not dominate a chunk of your hard drive.

Malwarebytes doesnt focus on detecting static harmful files but instead monitors and blocks suspect movements. This real time tracking and blocking is what I want and this software helps provide me with a peace of mind that my files are secure.

Cons

The main disadvantage of Malwarebytes compared to key competitors is the cost. It is priced at a slight premium which may put some users off, however you have to weigh up the cost/ benefits.

Secondly, compared to other platforms used, the interface can at times seem a little cluttered. This is overcome by BIG letters pointing you to the important functions, but once you’ve spent a few minutes looking through the platform, you’ll very quickly learn to navigate your way aroundx

Magdalena
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Helps protect your computer and files

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

Pros

Glad it is doing its job and keeping silent. Not sure what I can really add to this!

Cons

cannot point a single thing I could complain about

Darian
Darian
  • Industry: Insurance

Review of Malwarebytes

Reviewed on 2021/08/25

We needed a new antivirus after our old one was letting us down and decided to purchase 2 antivirus licenses, Malwarebytes being one of those two. It has performed fantastically.

Pros

Many of us in the department were already familiar with malwarebytes through our personal use. We decided on a company-wide rollout since our personal experience with the defense was top-tier.

Cons

When at a user's computer, we are unable to view logs while at that computer and instead have to go login to the UI at the IT desk to view those logs which is inconvenient. Otherwise it works very well.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

Kaspersky was unable to find viruses on computers we tested that Malwarebytes could. Our kaspersky setup was not finding anything while other programs were able to find much more, so we switched.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

We chose malwarebytes because it ran with low CPU on the employee machine during scans which allowed them to work without slowdowns. Other software we tested would sometimes freeze machines because there were so many processes going on.
Tibor
Tibor
  • Industry: Entertainment

Malwarebytes the best all around virus and malware prevention app

Reviewed on 2022/10/08

Malwarebytes was always our choice over any other virus/malware detection app because it proved to outperform any other such apps, they were always up-to-date on the latest threats and often recognized and caught threats before many other virus checker program did, including Norton.

Pros

We tested several security apps for a couple of years running them side by side and Malwarebytes always came out on top, it was the first to catch anything, even detected many threats other programs would not. We truly recommend Malwarebytes to businesses as well as individuals as one of the best and most uptodate program. It was a realtime monitoring service which immediately catches any threats and quarantine it and alerts you about it, also gives you the option to keep it quarantined or delete it. They also have good tech support.

Cons

Although there is a free personal version it is a bit pricey for businesses.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Malwarebytes just proved to be a better overall app, we even ran other apps alongside it for a couple of years but Malwarebytes came out on top in most cases
Ian

Great Security Software

Reviewed on 2023/06/14

The anti-virus software has exceeded security expectations for years. We are very happy with this product.

Pros

This does a great job of protecting our devices against the latest threats. The features and options allow us to configure it to specific needs.

Cons

The software does not detect all threats. We have to pay for more advanced features.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

We like the support and sales team for Malwarebytes. They were a pleasure to deal and work with.
Oguzhan
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Powerful Protection with Malwarebytes

Reviewed on 2023/07/10

Our experience with Malwarebytes for Business has been highly positive. It offers effective malware protection without major disruptions, though some areas could be improved.

Pros

Malwarebytes for Business provides exceptional threat detection and removal, ensuring strong cybersecurity. Its user-friendly interface and easy deployment make it a valuable tool for organizations.

Cons

The reporting and logging functionalities could be more advanced. Except that Malwarebytes quite nice choice in the market

Jeffrey

Free version user for years but very impressed by the paid version!

Reviewed on 2023/08/04

I used the free version of Malwarebytes for years. Several years ago I received a great deal on the first year of the paid version. I was so impressed that I have continued to use the paid version even at the full price and I almost never pay full price for anything. However, this software is worth it.

Pros

Malwarebytes is very impressive. It catches threats and detects vulnerabilities.

Cons

Nothing. I found no weak points in the software.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

I found it simple to implement for the average user. But it was still very effective.
Anil

Creative Alliance Review

Reviewed on 2023/07/06

We have stopped using antivirus softwares after using Malwarebytes as it has helped us to provide security to our files and documents which are crucial for our business.

Pros

Ease of detecting and eliminating malwares. We like this software as it has added extra security and we has given us an alternative to other antiviruses.

Cons

Price could be lowered. Other than that it is completely fine. It is easier to use and have helped our company a great deal.

Christopher
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Simple, Yet Effective and Powerful Anti-Virus Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

I first discovered Malwarebytes years ago when my computer got a nasty virus that pretty much made my computer non-functional. I got a recommendation to download Malwarebytes while in safe-mode. I followed the advice, downloaded the software and Malwarebytes quarantined all of the bugs and malware attacking my computer. I had tried other softwares to fix this problem and had no luck. Malwarebytes had my computer virus-free and back to normal quickly. Shortly after, I purchased the paid version of the software and have used it and recommended it to everyone I know. We even use it at my dental office.

Pros

The price! The value and price for this software is exceptional. This software is such a high quality product that is so much more affordable and than its competitors. This software is straight and to the point. A super simple interface that is very easy to use. Malwarebytes does it's job and it does it very well by quarantining and removing viruses and malware. It scans your computer daily to keep your information and computer safe.

Cons

I have never had any issues with Malwarebytes. I couldn't tell you how their customer service is because I've never had to use it!

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

The other products, especially Norton are super clunky and way more expensive. For me, Malwarebytes was also the most effective, valuable, and simple to use.

Malwarebytes

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

I have used Malwarebytes both in a corporate context and in a home-user context. In all scenarios, it works really well! Malwarebytes does have advanced tools (such as a centralized control panel that can be used on networks). But, honestly, I have never had need to such centralized control. Rather, I have just let Malwarebytes run on each individual computer. The only other supplemental network security I felt was needed is things like content filtering (to prevent computers from going to infected sites to begin with). With a multi-layered solution like this, virus and spyware and malware and ransomeware have just never been a major issue.

Pros

I like most that Malwarebytes does not require a huge footprint of resources on a computer to run it. Most other anti-virus software that I have used not only protect, but also slow the computer down and cause problems with being over-protective. Malwarebytes just doesn't do this. It provide excellent and reasonable protection and does so in the background almost without having to remember that it is even there.

Cons

There was one time several years ago that Malwarebytes put out an update that, when installed, caused the computer to completely crash. But, shortly after this happened, the president/ceo of Malwarebytes sent out an apology explaining what happened, how it happened, and what steps were being taken to prevent this from ever happening again. True to his work, nothing like this has ever happened again thus far.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

I switched from Norton because it was to resource-intensive on a computer and was much more expensive.
Kristina

Malwarebytes is dependable

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

I have had, overall, a very positive experience with Malwarebytes. I have been using them for years, and I will continue to use this program, until another comes along that is better.

Pros

User Friendly. It is one of my go to security programs for my business. I find it very user friendly and dependable. When/if Malwarebytes detects malware it quickly quarantines it, which makes it easy to remove for me. It has real time protection that gives me peace of mind when I am working or surfing the net. I like the automatic scan feature. I can set a time for Malwarebytes to scan my computers, everyday. This is essential for a business like mine that deals with sensitive information. I need to know my computers are free from ransomware, malware, and viruses. Lastly, this program is very affordable.

Cons

This isn't a fulblown antivirus program, so I still have to have an antivirus to use in addition to this program. I used to use to the free version on my personal computer and, after the trial is over, the program has a pop up window that tries to entice you to upgrade, that pops up every few hours, everyday, until you upgrade or delete the program. That is annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

Malwarebytes was much better and easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

I can use it in conjunction with my current antivirus program, to enhance security. It was easy to use and dependable.
Matthew

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Perfect. Even when I lost my account they got it back for me.

Perfect. Even when I lost my account they got it back for me.

Pros

I was able to get this pro version for a one time fee for up to 3 computers. I love it. I use it along side Ccleaner. I've never had any problems. Easy updates and automatic scannings. I can never tell when it's running a scan because it uses a small amount of processes.

Cons

I don't know anything I don't like about it. I've been using it for 10 years.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Malware Bytes Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

it's great to have peace of mind that our systems are protected against malware and ransomware, always finds issues and corrects them have never had any issues whatsoever

Pros

The best overall advantage of using Malwarebytes is the simplicity of performing routine tasks. and the ease of scheduling tasks.

Cons

Notifications pop up frequently and some of the settings to stop them from comming up can be a bit hard to understand

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Malwarebytes is a good security tool

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

Malwarebytes is a very good solution and something that I would recommend. It is easy to use and not expensive so if you don't end up liking it, it wasn't a major waste of money.

Pros

Malwarebytes is very price competitive so it will fit in any budget. You won't have to worry breaking the bank when moving to their solution. I also really like Malwarebytes support team. Whenever you have an open ticket, you get to talk to an actual person and you will get the help you need. I also really like the customizable dashboards you can get created. This isn't a cookie cutter solution, you can pick and choose what you want to see and do.

Cons

Malwarebytes is more tech oriented. If you are not familiar with a lot of IT lingo, you need to get used to it because Malwarebytes doesn't explain everything it does in plain simple English. It doesn't have the exact same features as some of its competitors. While it is cheaper, you do get what you pay for as there are security parameters and features that do not come in the basic and standard options.

Reasons for Switching to Malwarebytes for Business

Malwarebytes was more price competitive.
mee
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Excellent Protection and Peace of Mind for My Business

Reviewed on 2023/05/27

As a small business owner, I cannot stress enough how crucial it is to have reliable cybersecurity measures in place. After extensive research and recommendations from fellow entrepreneurs, I decided to invest in Malwarebytes for Business, and I couldn't be happier with my decision.First and foremost, the level of protection provided by Malwarebytes is exceptional. It effectively detects and eliminates malware, ransomware, and other malicious threats that could compromise the security of my business's sensitive data. With its proactive approach and real-time scanning, I feel confident that my systems are well-guarded against both known and emerging threats.The user interface of Malwarebytes for Business is intuitive and user-friendly. Setting up the software was a breeze, thanks to its straightforward installation process. The dashboard provides comprehensive insights and allows me to monitor the security status of all my devices from a centralized location. I particularly appreciate the customizable scanning options, which allow me to schedule regular scans at convenient times without interrupting my employees' workflow.One of the standout features of Malwarebytes for Business is its low resource consumption. Unlike some other security solutions I've tried in the past, this software runs seamlessly in the background without slowing down my computers or causing any performance issues. This is especially crucial for small businesses like mine, where every minute

Pros

Malwarebytes for Business offers a range of impressive benefits for businesses seeking top-notch cybersecurity protection. Its key strengths include advanced malware detection and removal capabilities, real-time scanning to safeguard against emerging threats, and a user-friendly interface that simplifies setup and management. The software's low resource consumption ensures optimal system performance, while customizable scanning options allow for convenient scheduling. Additionally, Malwarebytes provides excellent customer support, ensuring prompt assistance whenever needed. Overall, the pros of Malwarebytes for Business lie in its robust protection, ease of use, efficiency, and reliable support, making it a valuable asset for businesses in safeguarding their sensitive data and systems.

Cons

While Malwarebytes for Business has numerous strengths, it's important to consider a few potential cons as well. One notable drawback is that the software may occasionally generate false positives, flagging legitimate files or applications as malicious. This can lead to unnecessary disruptions and time spent investigating false alarms. Additionally, some users have reported that the software's updates can be resource-intensive, temporarily impacting system performance during the update process. Finally, while Malwarebytes for Business provides solid protection against malware, it may not offer the same level of comprehensive security features as some all-in-one cybersecurity solutions. Despite these limitations, the overall effectiveness and reliability of Malwarebytes make it a valuable choice for businesses seeking focused malware protection.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

great for android, average for pc

Reviewed on 2018/11/23

I used Malwarebytes for personal use on android and pc. it was an experience of mixed feelings. While it was perfect for android, it was average for on my Pc.
Overall, it is very effective for fighting malicious files and malware infected systems on both platforms.

Pros

My first encounter with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was around July 2018 when my Android phone was taken over by a series of malicious malware that turned my phone into an advert box of all sorts. A friend told me he had a similar issue in the past and was rescued by Malwarebytes. I decided to try it out. Luckily, they had the premium version available for a free one-month trial at the time.
I quickly downloaded, registered and did a scan. It was super effective and easy to navigate.
In less than 5 minutes, my phone was cleaned. I was very Impressed and decided to try out the pc version of the software. And frankly, the functionality and effectiveness of the pc version were quite different from the Android version. It was smooth and fluid on my android but I cannot exactly say the same for the Pc version.
The online and real-time scanner notified me of unsafe websites I visited which was good.
Malwarebytes was designed to make you feel secure and protected from some malicious files or sites.
The interface was clean and simple
It performs as advertised. It detects malware and can cleans infected devices.
The paid version can be trusted to protect your pc but at the cost of pc speed during scans.
It was designed to fight malware, it is effective in doing that and should stick to it.

Cons

Malwarebytes software made my pc to lag sometimes at startup.
I felt some functionalities like the Asset policies management to deploy and monitor endpoints were complex and unneeded for personal users. It was complicated for me at least.
I would not recommend it as a standalone antivirus program due to the limitation of it virus scan toolkit.
I still got infected with a Trojan while using the free version.
The pricing can be made more competitive given that it cannot be trusted as a standalone anti-virus.
It should incorporate real-time protection against threats in the free version.

John

My secret weapon....

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

My overall experience with Malwarebytes has been most excellent. I have constantly recommended it to family, friends and customers over the years.

Pros

I had a small computer business for about 5 years. I had customers constantly bringing me laptops and desktops that were full of malware and viruses.

Sometimes it was almost impossible to navigate because there was so much malware controlling the operating system and the browsers.

I would always find a way to install Malwarebytes on my customer's computer and update the definitions (when possible).

Then I would run this outstanding software and let it do what it does best.....quickly and easily find and remove even the toughest and nastiest malware, no matter how deeply it was embedded.

When Malwarebytes was done scanning, it would show all the instances of malware and red. I would simply select all malware and press remove! Done!!

I would reboot the system and I was then able to freely navigate and inspect the computer for any more potentially hazardous software or security breaches.

Malwarebytes was my go-to software for removing malicious malware and viruses from my customers computers. They thought I was a genius!!

By the time I was done, their computers were running pristine once again.

I have not been in the computer business for several years now, but whenever a friend or family member has "issues" with your notebooks, you can guess what I install first thing.

Malwarebytes rocks!!
Also, the premium version is fairly priced for what this software does for you.

-John Lawrence, Canada

Cons

Sometimes it did take more than 30 minutes to fully scan the computer.
However, this was usually because there was an enormous amount of files to be scanned or it was a slower PC.

Yanyu

I have never had more faith in an antiviral program than this one

Reviewed on 2023/09/14

The user appreciates how the unified security platform has improved cyber-security and allowed faster endpoint remediation. Throughout our time using Malwarebytes for Business, the primary function of threat detection has proven useful. The solution provides a very effective layer of protection against various cyber threats. It makes it easier to monitor the security of many individual devices centrally. As it allows for a thorough evaluation of computer health and enables efficient mitigation of internal and external cyber threats, the aforementioned cyber security technology is highly recommended for multi-department enterprises.

Pros

This security precaution has been adopted company-wide to protect the devices and the company's critical information. The program has excellent threat detection capabilities, outperforming several other solutions. In addition, the interface is straightforward, making it easy to understand and use. It protects against malware such as viruses, spyware, ransomware, and other cyber dangers. We particularly like that the program has a centralized control panel from which we can run scans, updates, and other tasks remotely.

Cons

The device is pricey and can occasionally cause a significant drain on system resources, which can lead to a slowdown in overall computer performance.

Alison
Alison

Hands down, one of the best free securities on the net! I recommend this left and right.

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Pros

I love the price - Free. I love the usability - download and run. I love the quality - not even my friends who like the darker net have had issues that Malwarebytes can prevent. I love features and functionality - I run it, and it does everything I need it to do without the need to micromanage it. Hands down, I love Malwarebytes, and I know that is something strange to say about your computer security system, and that I usually do not endorse something without at least one bigger reservation, but this is an exception. If you do not have a security in place and do not want to pay for one, get Malwarebytes!

Cons

Driven away by the price of Kaspersky, which is a great product, but I am a lowly broke computer lover, I found Malware bytes one day what seems like decades ago. It may not have been decades, but it was at least one... Anyway, I found Malwarebytes and fell in love. It has had my back through the days when being a teenager and going to torrent sites was cool, all the way until now when I try not to look back on those days and what I was getting myself into as I browse the internet for the next great coupon. Malwarebytes has been tried and true, but alas, since I use the free version, there is very little customization that I get to do. I run, it catches if there are anything that did not raise a gigantic red flag upon introduction. That is all, my only con, a lack of granularity. That should be a pro in itself.

Abayomi
Abayomi
  • Industry: Media Production

Malwarebytes Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

It has really protected my PC from hackers and viruses.

It has really protected my PC from hackers and viruses.

Pros

Malwarebytes is a very good Antivirus software. Since I have been using it I have not had any difficulties using it. Its fast and does not slow down my computer while running. I am also using its mobile app and it has drastically help reduce the number of top-up adverts on my phone.

Cons

The Desktop version sometimes deactivate full protection of my PC. I will have to restart my computer to get it working back as normal.

Jesenia

So great I bought it

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

I'd been using it for years and noticed it caught more than other programs.
The free version only...

I'd been using it for years and noticed it caught more than other programs.
The free version only worked when I ran the scan, not as viruses or bad websites came up, so I paid for the full version and have been very pleased with it.

Pros

I love how it's running all the time, not just when I run a scan, so it catches more problems as they enter my computer.

Cons

I haven't had any viruses while running this anti-virus so I have zero complaints.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes for Business

It caught more than AVG so I stayed with it.
Lorraine
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Love knowing my computer is secure!

Reviewed on 2018/02/10

Total computer security and peace of mind at a highly affordable price.

Total computer security and peace of mind at a highly affordable price.

Pros

Malware Bytes Premium is the only security on all the computers and tablets in our household. It's easy to use, doesn't interfere with other applications, doesn't cause crashes, and I feel completely confident it delivers total security.
I've used a few anti-virus programs, but I always ran the free version of Malware Bytes alongside them. After a popular and expensive anti-virus program falsely detected a trojan and crashed my system, deleting drivers and corrupting files, and I had to spend for repairs, I made the decision that Malware Bytes Premium was all I needed for security. It's a decision I haven't regretted. I run Malware Bytes permanently in the background at all times. It monitors for any suspicious activity and warns immediately if there is the smallest risk. In addition, I run a full scan every day.
This software is amazingly good value - far less costly than most anti-virus software and does so much more! Stops ransomware and exploit attacks. Shields against suspicious websites. Removes malware and spyware. No more worms, rogues, dialers, trojans, rootkits, exploits, or bots... ever! As I work online, this protection is essential, and it's nice to know I can play and socialize safely as well, anytime I please.

• Industry: Hospitality

Malwarebytes Review

Reviewed on 2018/01/27

Some of the benefits are i get from using Malwarebytes again are; security; which is needed when working for a company with sensitive data to prevent spoofing and hackers; Levels of scanning, i think having multiple options to choose from for scanning is great and effective as well. Peace of Mind, i never have to worry which website i visit as Malwarebytes has real time protection against attacks.

Pros

Malwarebytes has been my go to security software when thinking of the best malware software out there that is. Some of the things i like about Malwarebytes is one; the UI, which is easier to read the icons and navigate through the software; secondly, the types of scans i have at my disposal, such quick, full, and choose a specific folder; third; the level of security, the software truly lives up to its name when it comes to block malware, and other spyware, it gives me notification when i visit a website where there could be malware attacks but i couldn't know until Malwarebytes blocks the attack and notifies me. Fourth excellent removal threats, if in fact a malware was detected in my PC it will quarantine the threat and i could go in and delete if i want to. Last but not least is, Support Malwarebytes offers great, fast, and reliable support if needed for any reasons, i personally didn't need to call support as i am a Software engineer and familiar with some of the issues that may come up.

Cons

One of the downside is the resource consumption that Malwarebytes uses, specifically the memory that is required to run the product, most of the time Malwarebytes does run up to high memory, but then it does lower down i think once updates and other necessary items are checked in the backened.