Adobe Lightroom Reviews

Adobe Lightroom

Images that match the moment.

Mark Oliver
Mark Oliver

LIghtroom at a Glimpse

Reviewed on 2021/11/12

I learned how to use photoshop first starting on and used it for the longest time (years), when asked a photographer friend of mine before what i can use other than photoshop that is easier to use for multiple images, he showed me lightroom

lightroom, just like photoshop, have been my bestfriend since discovering then way before I even graduated college.

its a part of my personal and professional life now.

Pros

Lighroom is much more than an image editor, it helps to organize your images by importing or exporting and managing your images easily making you able to keep track of your edits and images, in short it's an editing software and an image managing tool combined into one.

you dont have to need to worry about ruining your image while editing as the edits only appy to an exported image not the original.

Fast and easy photo books, slide shows, and web galleries

this is much easier to learn than photoshop.

Cons

if you are switching to lightroom because photoshop is clunky when it comes to editing multiple images at once, you might be in for a surprise coz lightroom doesnt support layering like photoshop has.

Lightroom is made for photo enhancement so its image manipulation tools are limited unlike photoshop.

Bruno
  • Industry: Design

Lightroom Features and Usability

Reviewed on 2022/06/15

In general, I see a friendly program that I can import my photos, edit them, put them in collections and export them in a very
fast and dynamic. I managed to solve the delay in my daily workflow with photography. TODAY is essential for my workflow
and I do not intend to exchange for similar programs on the market.

Pros

The amazing and time-saving features are the import and export menu. In import you can easily import and analyze
all photos and put them in collections, and quick export to generate the final file type.

Very easy to use of course, dedicated to learning. Later we understand that the program is very easy and intuitive.

It integrated with my current programs and especially photoshop. It is even possible from within the Lightroom interface to export to photoshop
with just one click.

Cons

I miss a feature that works with videos more thoroughly. I know that little by little this can be implemented.
I find it a little difficult to customize tabs and menus on the desktop.
Regarding the integration requirement, I liked the way it integrates with Photoshop and when it comes to exporting to the cloud, it's easy.
It was a very powerful feature that Adobe put in.

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Lightroom

Because it has powerfully adapted to my flow, with importing, editing, cataloging and exporting very dynamic. The others are programs that lack resources and end up delaying processing time much longer, even losing money.
Hailey
  • Industry: Fine Art
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

It's okay but not worth the monthly fees

Reviewed on 2022/06/02

Pros

Very simple and clean formatting and I love how well it imported and exported files compared to other Adobe softwares.

Cons

I don't think this is worth the money considering the minimal uses and that I personally would need to invest in classes on how to use this to it's best ability.

Adham
Adham
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The fully fledged photo editing software for every photographer outhere

Reviewed on 2024/01/02

i've been using lightroom for almost 7 years now, and never ever has it failed me, they update it on regular basis, it's always easy to handle, it gives me the freedom to edit every single aspect of my photos, i always recommend it for every photographer out there.

Pros

You can control every single aspect of colors on your photos, create presets or even import ready made ones, you can adjust every single light and shadow on your photos as well as the color wheel of the shadows & highlights, you can also batch import and edit, create your own settings and save them to a catalog, edit on the go from your mobile, it's always synced and backed up to the cloud, so you can access your photos anywhere and anytime.

Cons

Nothing to dislike except the prices, it's a bit expensive when it comes to single software use if you're only using lightroom, however you can get an offer bundle if you get it with photoshop, or with photoshop and illustrator

Lea
  • Industry: Photography

The one-stop solution for smaller shoots

Reviewed on 2022/05/17

I am happy with the software and can't imagine life without it. I have created so many custom presets for myself, it became really easy to use. If you take some time with it, you will learn it in and out and you will be able to speed up your workflow a lot.

Pros

I love how with all the new features it is so easy to edit an entire shoot in Lightroom. Now I can even do smaller skin edits and background edits with it, many times for smaller shoots I don't open Photoshop next to it, only maybe for a handful of selected images at the end. I like that it's fast. And super easy to create and upload presets, easy to customize them, very smart tools, I overall love how easy it makes photo editing. With a little work you can change the image quality SOOO much!

Cons

I'm not sure if it's only on my Mac but sometimes I do have little technical issues, mainly with the selection tools, sometimes it has a hard time showing me the parts that I selected to edit them separately. But overall it might just be some bug that will disappear with an update.

Zwelibanzi
  • Industry: Photography

A Image editing software everyone must use

Reviewed on 2022/04/15

In my honest opinion, I feel that lightroom is the best color grading software I have ever used. The filter copy and paste option make it so easy for me to batch edit pictures for clients, helping me save time. Although many feel that it's super expensive, I think that it's worth the price. It's a great value for your money.

Pros

I started using it about five years ago. For the longest part of my life, I did not understand why I should edit a picture. But when using editing Lightroom, I saw the quality of my images go to another level. That makes it one of the best photo editors available today. If you know how to use Lightroom, you can do some premium editing. I have never seen such a variety of filters in any other application. It provides some next-level editing. There is the convenience of being able to copy and paste the same filter you wish to use on a few or even all images, which saves time on back-to-back editing.

Cons

There's only one thing I don't like about Lightroom, which is exporting the files to Photoshop to perform intensive image retouching. Because I am knowledgeable about all Adobe Creative Suites, this is not a big deal for me.

Aaron
  • Industry: Entertainment

Lightroom is Perfect for the Professional Editor or the Hobby Tinkerer and everything in...

Reviewed on 2022/08/23

I've put many photoshoots through this program to bring the quality of photos up, or prep them for Photoshop editing, and it has been a pleasure to use every time.

Pros

Auto Adjustments and Ease of Use make this small-install software from Adobe a killer addition to any designers toolbox. Although it is subscription-based, you can get this program, Photoshop, and Premiere Rush for $10 a month! That's an absolute steal and a perfect toolbox for even the most seasoned editor.

Cons

I have honestly not found a feture of this software that I do not like. it does exactly what i want, when I want, and alot of those times it does what i want for me with very little involvement from me.

Jens Olaf
  • Industry: Program Development

Lightroom - my most beloved image managing tool

Reviewed on 2022/08/10

Absolutely time-saving.

Absolutely time-saving.

Pros

It helps with the complete workflow: importing images, developing, editing, managing, exporting – in a not too complicated way, so comprehensible for any mindful user.

Cons

That I have to rent it as a subscription.

Capture One

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Lightroom

I like to work with products that have many helpful ressources out there on the web - Capture ONE is too specialized for pro photographers.
Debra
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Retrial of Lightroom.

Reviewed on 2022/05/02

I am going to use Lightroom for the next couple of months as I decide whether I want to stay with it or go back to my previous program system.

Pros

The software is fast and doesn't have too many glitches in processing my photos.

Cons

Having to import my photos rather than work from my folders. Needing photoshop to do certain edits, therefore, need both programs open to process photos.

Jade
Jade
  • Industry: Design

Simple RAW photo editing and exporter

Reviewed on 2023/11/28

Overall I honestly couldn't imagine doing any kind of shoot photography without it.

Pros

The time saved using Lightroom to batch process photoshoots and to create consistency across different photos within a shoot is immense. The editing is fast and efficient, the depth of adjustment for RAW images is brilliant and I can't imagine doing any kind of shoot photography without it. Non-destructive editing is so brilliant as well, allowing for multiple styles of edits in the same shoot giving clients a chance to quickly see what style suits them.

Cons

Its not as optimised for Macs as it feels it could be, and there are some quirks in short cuts that take getting used to.

From today, you will not be without Adobe Lightroom

Reviewed on 2022/03/07

Let me tell you a secret, this is from the experience of more than 4 years of using it, so that your heart is rested to set out on this adventure . But still , I can't do without using it to edit my photos .

Pros

It is very difficult to upload a picture of my own to social networking sites without it being modified in the Lightroom program , simply, because people take a lot of photos at the same moment , but they need to edit all the photos in one click , and here comes the role of the great program , which is Adobe Lightroom .
The speed in editing your photos in this program is incredible to the mind, you do not need to go to many places inside it to finish editing your photos compared to Adobe Photoshop, you need to navigate more than once, quite the contrary, in only one place inside Adobe Lightroom you can create The best and most exciting editing, you basically do not need previous experience with it, you can learn it in a few days and become a professional in color editing and this is a powerful feature of Adobe Lightroom.
Let me tell you before I forget , the user interface is simple and easy on the eye , And believe me, you will learn it in less than a week for its simplicity and you will come out of it with the best picture you will see in your life.

Cons

The only problem is that if you want to change and delete in the small details, in fact you can do it, but not as powerful and easy as Adobe Photoshop handles .

Lee

User presets are a game-changer!

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

I use the web app for editing pictures I've taken with my DLR, and it's really easy to use, then to save to folders in my Dropbox. I use the app on my phone for editing social media images that are sent to me by WhatsApp from clients. Some of them are awful, but I always find a preset that makes them look amazing.

Pros

User presets. Spend some time looking through other users presets and save the ones you like. When you come to edit, it's super-easy to really change up your images with one click. I also buy preset groups from Creative market. Perfect if you're working for a brand and want to keep it consistent.

Cons

Bit clunky when selecting multiple images to arrange on the desktop app.

Ankur
Ankur
  • Industry: Media Production

Holy Grail of Photoediting

Reviewed on 2023/01/27

Adobe Lightroom has been my first priority software since day 1. Hands down one of the best software.

Pros

If you're a content creator from a beginner level to having your own Media Agency, Adobe Lightroom is hands down one of the most perfect and most powerful tools. Especially with the integration of AI for masking, and other basic changes, it has been even more fun, quick, and easy to edit. Especially if you're someone who makes while traveling, and most of the time you're editing, you're in an Airplane, or car, or something where Laptop won't be feasible, you can edit directly on your iPad and then see them on your mobile for easy export & upload, on your Laptop for further work or with your team in some other country via cloud-based service.

Cons

The subscription model even thou affordable, isn't for everyone. They should allow free runs on Mobile for RAW editing while keeping the subscription model for iPad & Desktop versions. The lack of Fujifilm Film Simulation is a big red flag for Fujifilm users while their tether when compared to Capture One is quickly outdated.

Michael
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for Batch Editing & Quick Edits

Reviewed on 2022/02/05

Lightroom used to be all I used for editing images before I was introduced to the power of Adobe Photoshop's actions (both on the Adobe Creative Cloud), but nevertheless, Lightroom is great for quick edits and batch editing. I can't possibly do the finer detailed edits on hundreds of photos from an event, so that's where Lightroom comes in handy. I can still have quality image edits through Lightroom and simply use my favorite shots from the event to do more of the labor-intensive edits in Photoshop that give more of the "wow" factor. In that way, both Lightroom and Photoshop complement each other very nicely.

Pros

I really like how quick and easy it is to use Lightroom. I've used it now for around 11 years and really enjoy the ease of use. In my opinion, it's a super easy software for beginners to learn from versus Adobe's more recognizable program, Photoshop.

One of my favorite features with Lightroom has always been the easy-to-save presets. You can adjust the vibrance, saturation, highlights, and other features to your liking and save the settings under a preset that you can return to later. This makes it super easy for batch editing and for quick edits you need to make to an image.

Cons

The features are lacking compared to Adobe's other program on their Creative Cloud, Photoshop. Photoshop has about everything you can possibly think of to tweak an image. So many times, I will edit my images first using foundational presets in Lightroom, then, I'll take my favorite photos from the bunch and spend more time on them using the more detailed features in Photoshop.

Another con is the loading time. Maybe it's because I have a number of files saved on my Lightroom or because of the numerous saved presets...whatever the reason, the load time takes pretty long for Lightroom versus other software programs I have on my desktop.

Mike

Powerful Photo Editing Software

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

Lightroom helped enhance our photography with its powerful editing software. Many poorly taken shots were salvaged with the editing tools used in this software.

Pros

Lightrooms ability to transform any raw photo into a beautiful image is what makes it stand out from any competitor.

Cons

There is a learning curve to all the tools and processes in lightroom, but the project support makes learning this easy

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Lightroom

Lightroom has more features and tools

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Lightroom

Fit perfectly our photo editing needs
Matthias
Matthias
  • Industry: Photography

The only software I use as a professional photographer

Reviewed on 2022/11/17

Adobe Lightroom is my all-in-one solution for my work as a professional photographer. It offers many options (Import-Editing-Export), and it's way easier to use than Adobe Photoshop. Batch processing is a key feature when it comes down to editing a lot of photos at the same time.

Pros

Adobe Lightroom is easy-to-use, importing hundreds of RAW photos is fast, and the editing process is much more intuitive than Adobe Photoshop (especially batch processing). Sliders are used to edit the photos, which makes it a breeze to experiment and develop a fast workflow. Exporting the photos into smaller Jpegs for web usage works great too.

Cons

I have the impression that Adobe Lightroom is the reason that slows down my iMac. It takes quite a long time to start the software. Once you add a lot of photos to a catalog, it even gets worse. Therefore make sure you have enough RAM/storage space on your computer.

• Industry: Government Relations

An excellent editing app

Reviewed on 2022/07/12

This product gives your pictures a high quality look. It is an exceptional asset in your business. Once you are able to afford the subscription fee and you know how to use this product it will enhance your work and pictures.

Pros

This product is very easily accessible to use on your phone, laptop and tablet. I use this product to edit most of my photos and the ease of use is high quality.

Cons

Most of the best features are only accessible by paying a subscription fee that is a bit on the pricier side. You have to do some research in order to know how to use this product correctly. It is not user friendly to people who are not technically capable.

Cameron
Cameron

One stop shop!

Reviewed on 2022/10/23

Overall, the good far outweighs the negative and Lightroom has become an irreplaceable part of my workflow.

Pros

Lightroom has really grown over the years to become a nearly one stop shop for photo editing needs. Unless you are making drastic alterations to a photo where Photoshop is required, Lightroom can handle a majority of the workflow and also integrates well with organization and has features that allow for the upload to your website via plugins.

Cons

Over the years adobe has moved away from single license pricing to a cloud based subscription model and updates occasionally have bugs that take a bit of time to resolve, especially for Mac products.

Nathália
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

the best image editor

Reviewed on 2022/08/01

It is a complex application, mainly due to its many functions, which also makes it a very complete application for editing. In addition to exporting everything with great quality. I highly recommend it, if you have difficulties at first, persist until you understand each feature, it's worth it

Pros

I wouldn't say that the application is easy to use, especially for those who are not familiar with image editing, myself, when I installed it, two years ago, I found it quite difficult and I looked for many videos on youtube that could help me. But once you get the hang of it, get more familiar with the tools, you won't want to edit anywhere else. I find the application very complete, with several functions, with the option of filters saved by the user, which make it very easy as well. One thing that might seem small, but I really like it and haven't seen it in similar apps, is the option to "zero" the edit I was doing quite easily.

Cons

it's been a while since, in the "mask" option you could select only the sky, or a "subject". I only managed to do this once! Every other time the app restarts and I lose everything I've edited. So, this function, which is not that new, doesn't work on my device, nor on my husband's device.

Denison
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Adobe Lightroom: Highly desirable photo editing app

Reviewed on 2022/11/12

Adobe Lightroom increases the speed of the workflow, and there will be a significant improvement in productivity.

Pros

Adobe Lightroom has a high potential to edit multiple photos simultaneously. AI in Adobe Lightroom works very well in selecting the subject. Selecting people/subjects and play with the different mask options available will increase the editing quality. Adobe Lightroom is a complete photography, non-distractive, and faster digital image processing tool. Every option in Adobe Lightroom has a purpose, and it solves my photo editing needs. Adobe Lightroom offers different options and possibilities from the crop tool, exposure editing, and exporting. Adobe Lightroom is also a photo management tool that helps label, sort, and star rate photos. The photo management option improves productivity.

Cons

Adobe Lightroom has a very high learning curve, rookies will struggle in Adobe Lightroom environment. It is a perfect photo editing application in my opinion.

Marta
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Lightroom - powerful tool for artists

Reviewed on 2022/11/10

I am mastering my photography skill with this powerful software!

I am mastering my photography skill with this powerful software!

Pros

Color correction is extreme. With Adobe Lightroom you can execute you vision at its best. You can do really anything - all the wildest dreams can become reality with help of all the great tools Lightroom has to offer! And with that impressive functionality program stays incredibly easy to use! You won't get lost!

Cons

While color corrections is extreme, overall editing is really not something to be excited about! But no worries - in combination with Adobe Photoshop for have control over each aspect of your pictures: both color and details!

Piotr

Best choice for photographer

Reviewed on 2022/05/31

Processing of photos in the amount of 2,500 per week. Creating printouts with prior preview of the paper type. Create photo books.

Pros

The ability to quickly process photos with the option of copying settings from one photo to another. The RAW loading of different camera brands is constantly updated. Product development and updates. Possibility of editing editing on the smartphone, changes updating on the computer. Operating on proxy files.

Cons

Inability to update to the latest version for windows 7 and no communication with the server, where it was previously possible.

Jonathan

J.L. Adobe Lightroom Review

Reviewed on 2022/09/13

I've enjoyed the software's graphical user interface when I want to edit multiple pieces of content when in times of high stress or for fun. Crop, Detail, Light, Presets and the other options ablvailable give me full control of my content.

Pros

The AI-generated presets provided for every photo and video gives the user a great start to what path they want the content to be, whether it be for an artistic or corporate feel.

Cons

The inability to preview content on the Home page after a long period of time due to a failed development version. This results in not being able to edit the content.

Paige

Great all-in-one software that meets my needs

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

Overall, I've been exceptionally pleased with Adobe Lightroom. It is by far my most used photo editing program. I appreciate that the developers reach out to users for feedback both the program as is and in future developments.

Pros

Lightroom mobile is the most effective and convenient mobile photo editing app that I've used. It has easy just-click modifications but also always for more detailed, custome edits if you know what you're doing. Developers have been active in requesting feedback for future enhancements. Love the ability to add 3rd party presets.

Cons

It can be difficult to learn adjustments beyond the basics without some training--but there are tutorials and more coming for those who want them. Most of the highest quality in app presets require a subscription.

Kevin
Kevin

Can't live without it

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

Pros

We use lightroom hugely for editing and organising wedding photos. With the tools within Lightroom, we can do majority of our editing and we take our images into Photoshop if it needs more complex editing.

Cons

My only pet peeve was that I was eventually forced to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Whilst this was undertandable, the forced upgrade happened part way through me editing a client's wedding photos which meant I lost an evening running upgrades rather than editing.