SmartDraw

Diagram tool to draw any type of chart or diagram

4 /5 (82 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Rohit Y.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great tool for business analyst activities

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

Can create your mind maps and complex flowchart of any kind with ease.
Using it on office desktop and well integrated with Microsoft office suit. Also compatible with google docs which is very helpful

Cons

So i didn't find anything and i will strongly recommend this for pm and business analyst activities.

Response from SmartDraw

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm happy to hear SmartDraw worked well for you. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out.

US: 800-768-3729

Tharindu D.
  • Industry: Utilities

Dedicated Software for Charts, Diagrams and Mind Maps

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

SmartDraw is the first chart making software I used and I used it for almost all my chart/ diagram requirements for a long time. Though I used this for creating mind-maps most of the time, it did contain all the tools one would require for any type of chart. The software does need some getting used to but once you're familiar with it, it does save a lot of time. If you're not used to a dedicated chartmaker, give this one a try. You'll never go back to manually drawing flowcharts, mind maps or hierarchies.

Pros

SmartDraw comes with a large number of templates that are customizable. You'll rarely have to build a chart from scratch with those. The software also consists of almost all the tools one would need to make a chart.

Cons

Using of the software does need a bit getting used to and the workspace is not the most state-of-the-art for this software category.

Roberto A.
  • Industry: Information Services

too slow

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Cheap but very good.

Pros

I' using SmartDraw for many years and my opinion is the same :An inexpensive but fantastic software for both network diagrams and any other business and other needs.
Cheap but very good.

Cons

I installed the 2020 version a couple of months ago but opening old files was particularly slow.
I tried completely uninstalling the software and reinstalling it but didn't notice any improvements.
I spoke to other users of different company and they confirmed the same opinion.

Great platform for simple submittal drawings.

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

If you are trying to do small professional projects, or simply create a blueprint of you home, SmartDraw's ease of use and robust set of options make it the smart choice over competitors.

Pros

Where this software really shines for our business is its ease of use for submittal drawings when bidding and creating contracts for jobs. It allows us to empower our salesmen to create their own submittals without the expense or training needed for some of the more "professional" suites. This means for smaller projects we do not need to tie up our senior estimators, leaving their time free and better spent with CAD. What this means is that for job cost, we are able to use lower wage employees to perform simpler tasks and not eat into the margins of a job from utilizing higher paid engineers.

Cons

It can be a bit finicky in trying to get it to do exactly what you want it to do. Its ease of use sometimes means that you are fighting those very elements that make it easy to make it do what you want it to do. Snap to grids and the like, while toggle-able, provide an annoyance when they should "just work".

Teresita H.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used Other for 2+ years

First time I used to submit a drawing for my business and it took me no time to complete my...

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

It saved me a lot of money by not hiring an architect to draw the set up of my restaurant which was one of the first steps to get an approval.

Pros

Easy to navigate and ease of use. It took me a few clicks and I was able to find all kinds of things I needed to work on my projects. One of the requirements for my business was to submit a blueprint and I was told I need an Architect for that but I was also told that if I can draw and provide details in my drawings, it will be accepted so I purchased SmartDraw although I have no knowledge how to use it. It was easy...really.

Cons

It didn't have some of the drawings I needed so I have to improvise. This took me a little time come up with the desired drawing of object I needed; but it still worked.

Wojciech K.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

I use SmartDraw to prepare visual documents in management area

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

communication support and good way to share knowledge with others

Pros

SmartDraw has tons of images to support visual documentation. It's great way to share knowledge with others using this solution. I use SmartDraw to create: process maps, easy mindmaps, data flows and creative mix of ideas. Sometimes there is good opportunity to export document as image file and put to MS Excel and add contextual values to present bigger picture of business in easy to understand way (complex but easy to see relations).

Cons

I'd like to see more options in mindmapping area, to be able to manage task information in advanced way.

Rickell M.

SmartDraw makes it easier than any other app to quickly create professional-quality diagrams.

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

Helpful Smart Panel feature. Good integration options. It is very Easy to use. It has a desktop and online version that allows you to work in any place, it is very useful. Smart Draw is a very complete application for all types of diagrams that you need.

Cons

Weak collaboration features. It is very expensive you asked me. The speed of the online version sometimes fluctuates negatively.

Janelle D.

Great for Creating Sitemaps and Workflows

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Smartdraw has made it easy for me to map out a future website and landing pages. Will use it again and again.

Pros

Intuitive for the most part. No training necessary. Easy to move section around to redirect workflow. Can insert photos and hyperlinks and tables, change colors and the shape of boxes.

Cons

Couldn't figure out how to take an existing workflow and flip it from a vertical format to a horizontal format. Free version was worthless.

Response from SmartDraw

Hi Janelle,

Thank you for the positive feedback. Glad to hear you were able to get started quickly and easily. Unfortunately, we do not have a feature as of now to flip a workflow from horizontal to vertical, but I will pass that feedback along to our development team.

Anything more, please let us know.

Chris

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A wonderful software to generate a Process Flow Diagram and others things

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

great software

Pros

Very well to make Process Flow Diagram which is very important in any industry to manage process and design data.

Cons

Sometimes dows not work very well. You cannot open files between different version, in others words if you make any work at x-version after you cannot open the same file in another version which is a bad aspect because must be compatible between version.

Carolyn L.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Used the free trial to test operational issues on a restaurant design

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Helped us really iron out potential design errors

Pros

Like the options of adding doors, windows, and extra walls and not just a square box to work with. My floor plan highlighted some operational challenges which we possibly would not have identified if we had not really laid the furnishings and equipment out to scale. It resulted in us changing the architect and planning a whole new design to incorporate the services and image we envisage.

Cons

A bit fiddly in getting the scaling right but once that was sorted, it was easy to finish the plan and adjust as needed.

SmartDraw helped us to remap our warehouse getting a product out much quicker

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Pros

We used SmartDraw to reorganize our warehouse. It was quick to drop in wall dimensions, racking, conveyor belts and obstructions like support beams. Everything is pre-rendered and you input the dimensions of your equipment to customize it. It also allows for colors to be added to help in identifying different racking styles or belt types.

Cons

We use the web-version and for the size of our warehouse it can slow the system down and make it difficult for making a quick adjustment to be made. Something simple like moving a row of racking can take several minutes instead of seconds. I used the trial PC version and did not have these issues, so it appears to be a web-only issue.

Gabriela del valle G.

This simple tool allows to design powerful diagrams of any nature.

Reviewed on 2018/04/15

Pros

It offers a user-friendly interface which contains a categorization of diagrams that can be made from this tool.
It is as easy as selecting the type of diagram and beginning to build it by embedding the elements or forms that make it up.

Cons

Try to install it and it was very slow download and installation, which I think may also be caused by the quality of Internet service and the potential of the computer you are using.

Stephany V.

It gives us the ease of choosing when creating powerful and flexible diagrams that have so...

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

We help to create diagrams and the color of the sea, the technicians and the professional results. And so you can create immediate maps.

Cons

You can prove the fault for seven days, from then on its use requires an individual license. there are things to improve

Judy K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great program to help me offer the unexpected services.

Reviewed on 2019/07/06

I use SmartDraw to prepare various flowcharts for my training sessions; check lists for processes; use for experiments of room flow for work space placement.

Pros

Easy to use, well documented help tutorial.

Cons

I would like a print preview screen. .

Tom M.

Hard to work, poor customer service.

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

Couldn't make it do what it said, and customer service could not explain or help. Just wanted a simple deck plan and it would not do it.

SmartDraw is a great tool to help you create drawing of almost anything.

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

The ease of use, there is a lot of different ways this one program can help you out. I'm not the most artistic person, but with SmartDraw it allows me to create charts and drawings that look very professional.

Cons

Can be slow to install and resource hungry if you are trying to use this on an older machine it might frustrate you.

Gerson C.

SmartDraw a powerful tool for diagramming, drawing, layout and more.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

It is perfect for drawing projects, has a wide range of templates that make it easier for you to work and all the types of diagrams you need (at least it is for my IT area), it has a desktop and online version that allows you to work in any place, it is very useful.

Pros

SmartDraw is a very complete plication for all types of diagrams that you need, has great virtues with respect to Visio that can be considered the number one in the market or at least used, when you need to diagram a project from the basic algorithm to the more complex gantt diagrams , this tool is very useful, it makes you much easier in work (in my experience much easier to use than Visio) the connection between diagrams is simpler, since finishing a diagram makes it much easier to do the following, has a wide range of options and templates that help you in the creation process, contributing to the development of diagrams for systems that you are going to develop, a very useful tool for projects where you need to correctly capture what you want to develop, use it, try it for yourself.

Cons

Its main against is the price, the full version is very expensive although it allows you to enjoy the desktop version and its cost is very high, I think you should download it to compete more in the market.
The speed of the online version sometimes fluctuates negatively, it is a mistake that must be corrected.

Renea H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

So Glad I Discovered Smart Draw!

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

The ability to create powerful, moving charts and mind maps.

Pros

My absolute favorite thing about SmartDraw is the simple drag and drop to build out anything from mind maps to flowcharts and more. An especially good investment for anyone needing to make their ideas clear and points understood in a powerful way.

Cons

The design of the dashboard could be better. It is a bit boring for all that it does. The layout would be better if I had the whole screen and the options to drag and drop were at the top.

Nicky T.
  • Industry: Design

Basic floor plans but easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

I've used other floor planners and this one is definitely the easiest to use at a great price.

Pros

It's very easy to draw up a basic house floor plan.

Cons

Limited symbol options specific to interior design. If you use too many JPEG images within the file the system struggles to convert to PDF. (which isn't the case with my other design software). Often glitches when opening files and/or is very slow to open existing documents.

Response from SmartDraw

Hi Nicky,

Thank you for the positive review and for the feedback. I'll pass the review along to our development team, so we can take a look at the PDF export and file opening issues you mentioned. If you reply back to me, or contact our support using the below info, we can further investigate and help. If there is any other way we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

US: 800-768-3729

Arcadio S.

It is the special program for the realization of flow diagrams, with a large number of cliparts

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

SmartDraw comes with many types of templates that include flow charts, bar graphs and charts. If you do not find a template that you like, you can create a customized template that suits your project, Photos, and images. Add photos and images to the document with the import to lump sum, copy and paste the commands. You can also import images and photos from your digital camera, and then manipulate them inside SmartDraw until you have the effect you want.

Each template comes with a library of shapes and symbols, to use these shapes and symbols, simply drag them to your worksheet and place them where you want. You can add textures and photos to further improve the document.

It works well with programs such as Microsoft Office, Visio, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and PowerPoint. And so you can export the mind map to any of these programs to be able to share.

You can export the file with just one click of your mouse. The following graphics formats available to you: JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, and GIF. Export the file to the web or send it anywhere in the world

Cons

It consumes abundant resources if your machine is slow it can become tedious to work, besides its installation is slow

Steve C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Smartdraw is a truly fantastic product

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

There are lots of templates to start with, which makes it a lot easier to get started with this software.
I like the integration with popular tools such as Trello and Jira.
I also like the easy export to PDF. It's a great feature I use a lot.

Cons

There's definitely a learning curve before one can confidently use this software.
I often find that zooming in doesn't work as smoothly as I'd expect.

• Used Other for Free Trial

Offers Easy to Use Templates with Professional Looking Results

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

This is a program that allows the easy and quick development of charts and graphs that can be incorporated into our client proposals.

Pros

The software offers a great assortment of templates, including charts and graphs, that I quickly develop and use for client proposals. The results are always sharp and professional looking.

Cons

The only drawback is that the software works with my Windows Desktop computer but I can not use the software on my Mac.

Response from SmartDraw

Hello,
Thank you for the positive feedback. If it helps, we do offer an online version of SmartDraw that can be accessed from your Mac. If you log in to the downloaded version and the online version using the same email address, you can share and work on drawings between the two. Purchasing a Windows download includes one year of free access to the online version. Please let us know if we can help in any way.
-Chris
US: 800-768-3729 or 858-225-3300

• Used Other for 1+ year

Professional 2D Floor Plans at affordable price

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Imported 2D flow into network management system.

Pros

2D Floor feature . I used to implement software monitoring solution at customer site. Very often I have been asked to insert as background of the network map the floor plan of the building to easily determine the physical location of the network devices.

Cons

At time I used it there was not SmartDraw Cloud now available. This is perfect for small/individual business.

Laron H.

A smart way to draw diagrams

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Pros

I used SmartDraw a lot for school assignments, and it really came in handy. I like that it has lots of built in contents and templates and that it is easy to use. You can use SmartDraw to make flowcharts, network diagrams, organizational charts, software design plans, and so much more. One even can share diagrams with others using just a link.

Cons

I like SmartDraw. A minor con if I must say one, is that moving and manipulating bubbles can be quite challenging at times. Or, maybe it's my computer.

Betzabe S.

SmartDraw is a software with potential and it's amazing the plenty of things you can make with...

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

I take a very good experience with this software, design electric diagrams was very easy with it.

Pros

-The customer support is very efficient
-Is user-friendly
-It has a lot of functionalities
-You can learn how to use it quickly

Cons

-In comparison with others software, this has several disadvantages, especially in terms of
esthetic and number of items